Choose Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher King for sure. It's most conducive to living a long, comfortable life. You're immortal, but you can end it easily by remaining outside the house for longer than a week. You're completely self-sustainable, so even if you decide you want to live so long you outlast the rest of humanity you'll be fine. The biggest drawback of this choice (being limited to staying in the house) is effectively negated because you can be outside for up to a week. This is plenty of time to see some of the outside world and get some human interaction in. You can even let other people inside the house. The only thing you can't really do is take an extended vacation.

Road Eternal would be my second choice. Similar to Fisher King, you have controllable immortality, and having the freedom to travel anywhere would be pretty great. However, you don't get to live as comfortably, and you would probably be alone most of the time. Any friends you make would have to be willing to travel with you. Also, if you are ever in a situation where you can't leave your current area for an extended period of time, for example if you are arrested, you will die. There's also the fact that once the Earth is no longer a hospitable environment, you have nowhere to go. The increased affinity for language is kind of neat, but not really that significant.

After that is where it gets kind of dicey. Nakama lacks immortality, and Dominion has immortality with no opt-out. Dominion's "fast learner" perk is in effect very similar to Nakama's enhanced luck. Being responsible for all of humanity is a huge amount of pressure to bear of course, but if you can delegate it wouldn't be so bad. The nemeses thing is a huge drawback, but honestly I think I would still take it over Nakama. If Nakama was just reincarnation it wouldn't be a bad option, but with the way it is your conditions actually get worse over time. Each iteration has fewer friends, and then you have that last life where you get all your memories back and realize that their numbers have been dwindling, and now it's the end for you. No thanks.

As for mechs...

Suit: Mesh
Specialty: Infiltrator
Controls: Nerve Suit
HUD: Enhanced Vision, Thermal/Xray Vision, Navigation, External Sensors
Communications: Universal Translator, Communicator, Wi-Fi
Biology: Hydra Nanites, Progenitor Nanites
Utilities: Automated Cleaning, Self-Repair
Combat: Non-Lethal Set, Railgun
Defense: Temperature Resistance 2
Locomotion: Deep Sea/Space Module, Flight

I'm pretty sure that's 200.