Chinese Zodiac Roleplay

Should they be given any magical abilities?

• Yes! //dibs on breathing fire

• Naaaaah. I like weapons and kicking ass the old-fashion way

• Maybe. Not so OP abilities but they do rely on it once in awhile.

Results are only viewable after voting.
M

Makomin

Original poster
-Inspired by _LadyEmerald_ on Wattpad-

A long time ago, before Earth was even created, lived the Gods that resided in Heaven. They lived in harmony from the dawn of time but they came to a realisation and that is; they couldn't just live as Gods without serving any purpose whatsoever. As such, they created Earth with all its splendors. And then, they created humans.

This was so far, their greatest achievement. The Humans were delighted at this and offered their prayers and fellowship to them but after awhile, Humans begin to question their independence and freedom. Did they truly need the Gods?

Mortified, the Gods decided that they needed to create something so vile and horrendous that only they could defeat it. Once again, instilling their purpose into Humans' hearts.

As such, they created the Praedo. Also known as the Destroyer.

However, the Gods overestimated its power and soon, darkness, chaos, misery and death fell upon Earth.

Determined to end what they started, the Gods fought Praedo and broke her soul into 12 pieces. They then hid it only place they loved and trusted- Earth.

The Gods then created 12 individuals that were destined to protect Earth and its Humans and ensure that Praedo doesn't rise back up and destroy humanity once again.

However, a group of individuals known as the Empire sees Praedo as one way to reset the world and vanquish all the uselessness in the current world, to build a better world.

It is now time for the descendants of these 12 individuals to come back together, find Praedo's soul before the Empire does.

Basically, that's the plot I have for now. I'm looking for roleplayers who are interested in this little roleplay of mine.

I'll allow up to two characters each just so we don't have an abundance of 12 roleplayers in the group. It might be a bit overwhelming.

Also, feel free to ask any questions or suggest any cool ideas I can add on in!

.....So, any takers?

• Love
Reactions: TyranntX
This SEEMS interesting, but it doesn't really say what we as the role players do. Are we the descendants of guardians of these fragments? What Zodiac are we referring to? Are we humans, animals, both, or neither? Do we have any powers granted to as the protectors of these fragments? Do we get to CHOOSE which zodiac(s) we want? There is just so many questions that need to be answered here and this is just the Interest Check

(on a side note, if this is going where I think it is, I Request to reserve Monkey and Dragon)

Last edited:
I would like to join if possible,
Dibs on Dog and Rat , since i know no one's going to pick the Rat

I would like to join if possible,
Dibs on Dog and Rat , since i know no one's going to pick the Rat

Actually, If we could have three picks. Rat Would be my third... You have Fruits Basket to thank for that

• Love
Reactions: xLarius
@Makomin

[Walrus has joined the server-]

I'm heavily embedded and you can count my interest in! (I'm a sucker for the zodiacs)

If we're doing the Chinese zodiac and if we can call dibs I'd be interested in the Rabbit.

@TyranntX

Get me on the riceball train please.[/hr]

This SEEMS interesting, but it doesn't really say what we as the role players do. Are we the descendants of guardians of these fragments? What Zodiac are we referring to? Are we humans, animals, both, or neither? Do we have any powers granted to as the protectors of these fragments? Do we get to CHOOSE which zodiac(s) we want? There is just so many questions that need to be answered here and this is just the Interest Check

(on a side note, if this is going where I think it is, I Request to reserve Monkey and Dragon)

Our characters, mentioned above are the 12 individuals who are tasked to look for the 12 pieces of Praedo's soul before the Empire does. If the Empire pieces them back and summon Praedo, the world will not only be wiped out but cease to exist.

And it's the Chinese Zodiac so yes, rat, ox, tiger and etc.

As for the powers, I placed a question and poll up because I wanted to know what everyone's thoughts first before blatantly choosing but if it were to go my way, I'd say they would have abilities (not too OP though). Example, a dragon might be able to manipulate fire. For animals like rats, they might not have such obvious powers linked to them but I'll let you guys choose powers that might be considered relevant to them. For example, rat to teleportation because they're really fast.

And yes, we're still humans. We're not animals, just representing the animal zodiac.

• Useful
Reactions: TyranntX
I'm interested! Dibs on Tiger and Ram

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Makomin
I call snake as well

Reactions: Makomin
Peeking in because I'm kinda interested as well but I'll just see how it goes for now before deciding whether it's tempting enough to join.

So much chaos though. Why not call dibs on one role and work on them and then take what's left after that first one is finished? That way everyone gets a fair chance. And not everyone who starts a sheet tends to finish it and stick around(or so I've noticed in a few recent rps). At least you'll be able to see who has a high chance of sticking around, maybe? If you worry about too many people joining though, you can cut it down to five or six or so so it's kinda manageable. Managing big groups seems pretty challenging. o .o

Also, would the cat be allowed? As an outsider perhaps? One that could work with or even against the twelve? I don't know why I even asked. Now I'm getting so many ideas because of the potential the cat holds. xD

Yeah I've been wondering... what role will the cat be playing in all of this?

Peeking in because I'm kinda interested as well but I'll just see how it goes for now before deciding whether it's tempting enough to join.

So much chaos though. Why not call dibs on one role and work on them and then take what's left after that first one is finished? That way everyone gets a fair chance. And not everyone who starts a sheet tends to finish it and stick around(or so I've noticed in a few recent rps). At least you'll be able to see who has a high chance of sticking around, maybe? If you worry about too many people joining though, you can cut it down to five or six or so so it's kinda manageable. Managing big groups seems pretty challenging. o .o

Also, would the cat be allowed? As an outsider perhaps? One that could work with or even against the twelve? I don't know why I even asked. Now I'm getting so many ideas because of the potential the cat holds. xD

Sure! Cat would be allowed.

And to everyone, I don't 'reserve' spots for anyone. Once the Signups are up, whoever finishes their CS, gets the role. That's all. ^^

The
Yeah I've been wondering... what role will the cat be playing in all of this?

The cat was the one zodiac who wanted to be in the zodiac but the rat forgot to wake it up when it was time. Soooo, let's just say the cat is the outsider.

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
I wish I could give you multiple ratings. xD

I have been wanting to play the cat for a while(months). I'm definitely going to get started on that cat before sign ups are even up, just in case. I'll just edit it to fit the sheet you put up later~

I may not be calling dibs but I'm definitely gonna try to nab it. x3

Count me in!

ALSO, HANABI!