Chil's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
864a0c9924da4520b46a05163de70f5b.png

oc wiiiip

Reactions: K3l
What tools do you use? I really like the way you color and your linarts!

What tools do you use? I really like the way you color and your linarts!
Thank you!

For cel-shaded and linearted stuff, I use Clip Studio Paint, and for painterly stuff I either use Photoshop CS5 or the free alternative, Krita, which IMO has a waaaaaaay better brush engine. c:

Oh. I meant what types of brushes do you use?
OH! Hahaha, oops. :P

For lineart I use a custom brush I got from a brushpack... But the gist is that it's oval-shaped and has a texture to it. For coloring I use your standard pen/ink tool, for shading too. :P

For painting I use bristly brushes- in PSCS5 it's the splatter brush with pen-pressure opacity settings (with pen-pressure size settings disabled), and for Krita it's a modified Bristle brush with a texture (and same pen-pressure settings).
I also use Krita 2.9 instead of 3.0, despite them being "stable" releases. All versions are pretty buggy, 3.0 even more so, but it's more than worth it.

Thank you!

Also another upd8:

dailypaint_attempt_1_by_clamantes-da4zjpq.png

Dailypaint number 1! Let's see how long I can keep the streak going - suggestions appreciated!
It still blows my mind how good you are and how devoted you are to art at a young age. You're also improving incredibly fast. Keep it up, I really think you have potential to make a profession out of art.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: chillin
It still blows my mind how good you are and how devoted you are to art at a young age. You're also improving incredibly fast. Keep it up, I really think you have potential to make a profession out of art.
I don't think I can convey how much this message hit me through text but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I wouldn't have wasted so much time and (parents') money on art if it wasn't something I was devoted to. \o/
I also don't know if I'm truly improving fast though? Because once I get motivation I milk it out waaaay too fast and then end up burnt out for the rest of the month... Ooops. However, that's why my dailypaints and school notebooks are for! To still keep me in shape and keep me drawing every day! c: And as far as moneymaking goes, that's still four years away...

Anyhow!! Since today's Monday, here are the weekend's dailypaints:

dailypaint_attempt_2_by_clamantes-da549a4.png
someone_curious_by_clamantes-da57zhz.png

I'm a firm believer in the idea that drawing everyday will only help you improve. I also think you shouldn't worry about how fast your improving, that fact that you simply are improving while having fun is the most important thing. :D

Reactions: chillin
Status
Not open for further replies.