Chil's Gallery

Discussion in 'SHOWCASING' started by chillin, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Aka "art stock and visual development" and one too many shitty sketches.

Stay tuned. :bsmile:

2. [​IMG]
    Page one of an experimental comic, my icon is from there.

Guess I'll also post some old sketches...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's still a lot more to go, but don't wanna dump everything at once.

• Love Love x 5
  3. Decided to upload page 2 WIP.
    [​IMG]

Noodle arms.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. AGH YOUR ART IS SO GREAT <3

• Thank Thank x 1
  5. AAAAAA THANK YOU

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  6. No problem!

7. Nice work. The fact that you're so young yet have such a good sense of composition, depth, and design kind of blows my mind. Keep it up! I really look forward to seeing more work from you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you so much! I'm not so sure about depth...
    As for composition and design, mostly from copying observing other artists.

#8 chillin, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  9. [​IMG]
    Quick doodle I did of a char for an RP... There's another one, but it's really messy.

• Love Love x 2
  10. I like to think I can paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1st pic has kinda wonky colors and shading from the start, 2nd is ok but lacks much contrast on the skin even though I added a multiply layer...

Noted. Also: should choose different, maybe less-saturated or bright skin tones.

12. They're looking good! I like that you're being mindful of reflected light (by your decision to place light values on the shadowed side of the portraits) as it helps add to the realism. I think however filling in the background with a midtoned background might help flesh the values of the portraits out more.

13. I either often forget or don't plan on any backgrounds... I should get in the habit of coloring my backgrounds gray, as it's easier for the eyes.

Any advice on grayscale painting?

14. I don't do greyscale paintings. I'm not sure what program you are using, but corel painter has a feature that allows you to create a greyscale layer. When I'm painting I like to make the top layer a greyscale layer, that way when I work in color I can turn it on or off to see how my work looks in greyscale.

15. I've had Corel Painter Essentials 3/4 with my tablet before, but decided to ditch it for Paint Tool SAI and PS Elements 11, before eventually settling on PS CS5.

And uh, the problem is, it turns the LAYER into grayscale, not just the image, so the function is a bit wonky.

16. What'syour favorite thing to draw, Chilli?

17. I... I've never thought of it, actually. I'd say "people or characters" but during class, in notebooks, where most of my draws happen? That's right, MORE PEOPLE MORE CHARACTERS and gore if I can get away with it.

18. [​IMG]
    Quick Nepeta.
    NOTE: Fix chin and nose.

#18 chillin, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I like posting my art here, because at the end of the day/after a while I can just go back and make notes to myself on what to improve etc.

• Like Like x 1

20. Speedpaint of a commission on here.

• Like Like x 3