Chillin' in Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nl2h3pNpaP1r3leyb.png

Long, blonde hair flowed behind a short girl as she ran through the streets of Columbia. Her black dress and lolita gothica style made her quite the sight to behold. "Stop!" she cried out, her red eyes fixed on the person in front of her whom she was chasing. Determined, she refused to stop running.

Several feet ahead of her, a cloaked individual could be seen rushing along.

GCTcffu.png

The black cloak this person wore concealed their features, so it was impossible to tell not only who they were, but what gender they were as well. Just as the blonde girl, this individual wouldn't stop running for anything. He or she charged ahead, planning to continue running until they were far away from the blonde girl.

The small blonde girl, however, had other plans.

Her hair, which had remained behind her flowing through the wind, suddenly began to move. The ends of it hardened and morphed into a fist, which she extended forward and used to punch the cloak wearer.

osxXxwb.gif
Not expecting this, the unknown chasee was propelled forward by a direct punch to his or her back and was sent flying until they hit the ground. The blonde girl unclenched the fist made by her hair and used the hand to grab the cloaked individual and drag them over to her.

"You're under arrest no. XIV, Xion. There's a bounty on your head," stated the blonde in a flat, matter-of-fact tone.

The cloaked figure gasped, the sound of a soft feminine voice coming from her throat. "Y-You can't. Please... you shouldn't arrest me. Erase me here and now. I don't belong. I shouldn't exist. I don't even know why I'm here. I shouldn't have come back after--" After she was destroyed. The last thing Xion remembered was dying in the arms of her best friend. If that were truly the case, why was she back? And why was there even a bounty on her head? Did it have something to do with the Organization? Xion really had no idea what was going on...

The blonde girl shook her head. "No. I am Eve, a sweeper. Sweepers don't kill their targets. I'm taking you."

The cloaked girl grunted. "No! You really can't! Just let me... GO!"

At the same moment she shouted the last word in her sentence, Xion summoned her weapon--a keyblade--and slashed up the blonde girl's body. The slash managed to slightly cut the girl's hair so she could free herself from the grasp its fist had on her, and also managed to slice up the girl's shoulder.

Xion jumped back away from her as the sweeper fell to the ground. "I'm... so sorry! But I'm afraid I can't go with you. I need to figure out what's going on and why I'm back. Sorry again!" she bowed her head to Eve and turned to run off, leaving the girl behind.

Eve sat up, gripping her shoulder in pain. "I'm not done."

She hopped to her feet and took off, hardly effected by Xion's attack. Xion's attack did, however, give the cloaked girl a little more time to get away. She ran far ahead of Eve, running so fast she didn't pay attention to where she was going.

"Ngh, I really hope I lost he-- Oof!"

Xion flew back and hit the ground after having run into someone. She glanced up at the person who ran into, apologetically scooting back. The young woman who she had run into appeared to be a young girl who looked to be between 12-14 years old. She had light shoulder-length blonde hair, blue eyes, and dressed in warm, summer colors.

"You should really be more careful," the girl told Xion, offering her a hand to help her up. Xion flinched, however, ignoring the girl's hand as she looked behind her to see if Eve was still chasing her. The blonde girl looked to see where Xion was glancing, quickly realizing someone was chasing her. "Ah, I see you have a little problem. Get in one of the bushes! I'll get rid of her."

R6fVDLV.png

Xion blinked. "Huh?"

"Do you want to get caught?! Just hurry!" the girl exclaimed, reaching down to grab Xion's arm and pull her to her feet. She then proceeded to shove Xion in a bush they were standing nearby.

Less than a minute or so later, Eve came running up to girl who had helped Xion--appearing a bit annoyed. "Excuse me, have you seen a cloaked person around here?"

The blonde girl shrugged in reply. "I'm afraid not. Why? Are you looking for a friend of yours?"

Eve shook her head very slightly, almost robotically. She continued to wear a flat expression on her face, vacantly staring at the girl in front of her. "No, a criminal. I'm looking for a criminal."

"Ah, very well! If I find such a criminal I will be sure to let you know. I swear it!" she said, offering Eve a graceful bow.

Eve said not another word and walked past the girl, continuing to move forward. Once the sweeper was gone, the girl walked back over to Xion and offered her a hand to help her out of the bush. "Hello there, good miss! Are you all right?" she asked, smiling. "I'm Ilona; what might your name be?"

Xion only frowned, sharing Ilona a baffled expression on her face. "But I-- I don't understand. Why would you help me? You don't even know me. And that girl just called me a criminal. She could be right... for all you know..."

Ilona shrugged. "You seemed more like a scared girl to me, and I always strive to do what I can to help others. Now why don't you tell me your name and why that girl was chasing you? I'm interested in hearing your side of the story."

Xion rubbed the back of her cloaked head and shrugged. "My name is... Xion. But didn't you swear you'd tell that girl if you found me again?"

Ilona chuckled. "Had I meant such a thing, I most assuredly would've swore on something with meaning such as the sun or the well-being of the kingdom where I am from. Come along! I'm curious to hear what's going on with you."

Xion nodded timidly, unsure what to think of this bright girl. She seemed nice enough, at least.

Meanwhile, Eve walked through the area, still holding her shoulder. Fresh blood dripped off her wound.

@Anybody :3​

Last edited:
"Aye. Given that the big one has an entire house above his head, thinks it's time we scrammed."

Sette said as she nimbly began to make her way up to the rooftop and raced off. With jar still in hand of course. "Keep up if ya can!" She taunted Sun as she bolted. She supposed she was somewhat grateful for the Ed's timely intervention since the show of strength from the dumb one seemed to have made the lawman a wee-bit nervous.

Noticing Sette's departure, Eddy grit his teeth and pointed in her direction. "Forget the cop, get the girl, Ed!"

"Drop the house, Eddy?"

"DROP IT!"

"OKAY IF YOU SAY SO! :D"

With that, Ed did as Eddy had instructed and dropped the building. Right on top of Eddy. With that he'd then race after Sette, running through the walls of multiple buildings to try and keep up with her. "Ready or not, here I come!"

Rumbling could have been heard within the debris as Eddy popped out, bruised and battered. It even seemed like he was missing one of his teeth. Flashing a grin at no one in particular, Eddy let out a weak laugh. "Okay, I'm hurt now." But noticing that Sette and presumably Sun as well were still making their getaway with Ed in hot pursuit, he shook a fist weakly in his friend's direction. "Go get em, Monobrow! Ow." Saved him the effort of trying to chase after them at least because surprisingly getting a building dropped on top of you really didn't do wonders for the body.

Sette smirked. Those chumps didn't honestly think they could get their jar back from her, did they? But the sound of walls being smashed down, she glanced down and saw Ed gleefully racing after her and Sun. "SURRENDER THE JAW OF SCAMS, LION SCAMP OF THIEVERY!" Ed exclaimed as he held his hands out expectantly. Sette noted that this boy was indeed strong. But there had to be a limit to his durability and so motioning for Sun to follow her, she'd leap into a nearby alleyway and as Ed stood at the end of it, he smirked. "No where to go, you little dickens." He'd say before rushing towards Sette only for her to easily vault herself over Ed. The forward momentum for the noodle-brained Ed boy however didn't cease and Ed's head would have been stuck within the wall.

Climbing back up to the roof, Sette threw a thumbs-up Sun's way. "I'm not all talk. Now, c'mon. Let's go to Solider Field. Ought to be plenty of unsuspecting folks waiting to be swindled there." She'd say as she leaped down from one rooftop to another. All the while balancing her jar delicately on her tail.

For a while at least.

@C.T. @Kaykay

image_by_kidcool1-d6pryxb.jpg

Beads of sweat began to run down Double D's face as Junko encouraged him to join her club. He had received this kind of attention every now and then from Nazz which effected him all the same. But Junko appeared to be much older and so the Ed wasn't really sure how to process this.

"W-well, I'm sure you're incredibly famous. Your looks are indeed quite exquisite and perhaps I'd join your fanclub. But I'm far more curious in trying to find out where my friends are at the moment. Apologies."

@Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers

One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, Better lock your door
Five, six, grab a crucifix.
Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, Never sleep again....

tumblr_n70fs7XlOu1rzxqdio1_500.gif

"The fear is what always got me going. The look of terror within the victim's eye as it finally hits them that their time on this planet is done. It's what got me on the road to being who I am today. Well, that and I doubt someone born from a nun and a hundred and one maniacs would fit in too well at lunch-time. Everybody's gotta have some kinda hobby. It just so happened to be that mine was snuffing out the lives of miserable little children. The fact that their faces would always show up in the newspaper weeks later was like a treat to me! As if it were some kinda trophy of my accomplishments. Even got myself a pretty fitting moniker along the way. The Springwood Slasher, that's what they called me. I was on the top of the world, baby! No one could stop me, not the children, not the authorities, no one! But then one fateful night, the parents of Elm Street took it into their own hands to make sure the slayer of their beloved little children was snuffed out. I was burned to a crisp. But while I may have been just a wee bit naughty in life, I was even worse in death! I became an invader of everyone's favorite place to go and hide."

"Their dreams. All I had to do was make a deal with some demons and presto! I was even more powerful than I had ever been in life. The children tried all sorts of things to keep me at bay, holy water, burying me, burning me. That maggot-infested momma's boy Jason couldn't even keep me down for long. Now I'm back and Freddy's here to stay! Only problem is that no one alive here to scare! Everyone's some kind of sci-fi whatever. Can't slash that and get any enjoyment out of it. So, I figured I'd settle for the next best thing!" Freddy thought to himself as he sipped on a drink he had gotten himself.

"You just gotta kick back and relax!"

giphy.gif

True to his word, Freddy had been occupying himself by treating himself to the best vacation this place could afford. Mainly out of selfish reasons but also because of the old saying 'good things come to those who wait!' He'd find another living breathing soul and he'd probably not be able to kill them but he'd get his kicks one way or another. Lowering his drink, Freddy grinned as it seemed all that waiting had finally come to fruition. He'd seen some broad who looked even older than him head towards some kinda tower. Well, why not go ahead and pull out the welcome wagon? Wagging his tongue back and forth, Freddy chuckled as he gulped down the rest of his drink.

"Let's see if I still got the ol Freddy charm. Hehehe.."

@Josh M

Somewhere else in the floating city of Columbia, the pirate known as Portgas D. Ace was meandering around. He had been fortunate enough to grab a bite to eat with Ed before pointing him in the direction of where he had seen someone matching Eddy's description. Odd kid but his intentions seemed to be good enough so Ace wasn't really gonna judge. Not that he had any room to anyhow. But as he walked, he'd stop and lean into a nearby alleyway as he watched what appeared to be like two kids fighting each other. With one of them trying to catch the other for a bounty and using her hair as some kinda weapon. Devil fruit or something more, Ace wasn't really sure. But whatever the case if this kid was some kinda bounty hunter than Ace supposed he'd have to watch himself as well.

tumblr_n5kunvGBNk1twyezqo1_500.gif

Flame began to circle around Ace's right hand as he continued to watch the exchange from the alleyway. He didn't feel too hot about picking a fight with what looked like a kid but he also wasn't too keen on bounty hunters. He had fought a great deal of them along with Navy folk in his time as a pirate and getting a bounty worth noticing. The flame quickly dissipated though as he watched Xion quickly make her way off. The wound Eve had garnered seemed pretty nasty. It'd been quite a while since anybody had been able to lay a hand on Ace with a fist or kick. Mainly due to him being able to turn into fire to negate blows like that.

Still, he supposed his good nature ended up rubbing off on him as he started to make his way towards Eve. If he ended up having to fight then it'd be his own fault for approaching what he assumed to be a bounty hunter. If not then he got to help someone and feel good about himself for a while.

"Hey, hold up!" He'd call out to Eve as he stepped out from the alleyway and yelled for her to slow down. Assuming she did so, he'd make his way over towards her. "You need some help, kid? That wound you got looks pretty rough."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk and Josh M
tumblr_inline_na69l0MEs21re9spw.png

"So... Henriette. Was it a good idea to leave serious pants with... no pants?" Nezu grumbled as he followed his boss, both of them wearing their civilian disguises since you know... secret thief business.

tumblr_inline_mocq3x9CQu1qz4rgp.png

"Souseki and Kai should be fine together. I know that he wouldn't listen to me or you, so I had to make that decision," Henriette sighed as she led her subordinate around. Well, look, people just up ahead. If they could make some acquaintances while disguised as civilians, maybe they wouldn't stand out as the prime suspects as the recent thieves that have been raiding this new location.

Anddddd...

"SOUSEKI, WHY MUST YOU COVER UP MY DIGNITY LIKE THIS?!!"

Oh god... just what the hell were the other two members of the Gentleman Thieves doing?

"... I'll go check on them, you go do the talking from here," Henriette pushed the boy over to a random pair of people, turning around to rush over to where Souseki and Kai were located at.

tumblr_inline_moajlriy1D1qz4rgp.png

"H-Hey! Don't leave me alone here, miss Henriette!!!"

Too late Nezu, she was already gone.

tumblr_inline_moajkqH4uF1qz4rgp.png

"Uhhh... hi?" the boy awkwardly waved at Kaneda and Shay

@The Silver Paladin @Verite
"Not that I know of. I don't think a satellite has been used in recent memory before Tetsuo's rampage." Kaneda said. "But what do I know?"

"Hello." Kaneda said. "Is something wrong?"
tumblr_nf3d8hMDvo1r8iovuo2_250.gif

Shay gave a strange look at the boy, but didn't comment on what he had just witnessed.

"Ah... hello."

@Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin

"What type of shit? Universe creating shit? City destroying? What?" Kaneda asked, obviously not hearing the chaos behind him.

"yes, Junko. I have been. It's all due to fate." Riley said. "Fate, and the fact that you're beautiful." He didn't bother to tell her the fact that he felt he had to protect her. The fact that she was currently the only thing he had left to love. He didn't want to lose her. Riley just tilted his head down, and continued drinking the Nuka Cola Quantum.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @OrlandoBloomers @Josh M
tumblr_inline_moaj7mDHLc1qz4rgp.png

"... You would know what kind of shit I'm talking about when you know a guy that likes to strip his clothing off in public," Nezu spoke with a deadpanned look on his face.

"... er, my name's Nezu by the way..."

tumblr_inline_moaj7mDHLc1qz4rgp.png

"... You would know what kind of shit I'm talking about when you know a guy that likes to strip his clothing off in public," Nezu spoke with a deadpanned look on his face.

"... er, my name's Nezu by the way..."

"Ah! ok!" Kaneda said. "My names Shotaro Kaneda. Nice to meet you, Nezu."

@Verite

Agent Coulson wandered the streets of Columbia. He looked cool, calm and collected, but on the inside, he ws totally fanboying out. How cool was this! A whole new dimension, one of which he had heard so much about.
Despite the sun, he still wore his familiar pristine black suit and sunglasses. Despite the constant danger, his new job had its perks.
That job, entailed working at ARMOR as well as SHIELD. ARMOR was sort of like SHIELD, except it monitored alternate realities too. Coulson specifically was a member of ARMOR's rapid response team, lovingly called The Coulson Department. Because everyone who worked there was a Coulson. Not just metaphorically, but literally. Everyone in that department was an alternate universe version of Phil Coulson.

But as exciting a job as working with Robo-Coulson and Captain-Coulson was, this particular Coulson often felt as if he were the most boring Coulson. But then again, every Coulson felt that he was the most boring one-it appeared that his self-esteem also carried between the dimensions.

But this-this was exciting. The sounds, the smells, the sights. Coulson felt more alive than ever. But he still had a job to do. He approached the nearest person and said:
'I'm Agent Coulson of SHIELD. Who are you, where are you from, and how did you get here?'
Yep, Coulson loved his job at times.

@Everyone @Soldier's Field
clark-gregg-agent-coulson-birthday-abc.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Fortunately, it seemed the boy wasn't too bright nor keen on throwing the building, so Sagara could resume his mission. He spoke into his communicator.
"I am in pursuit of a lost child."​
"A...lost child? Then what the hell did you call in the Laevatein for?!"​
"It is better to be prepared for any possible situation. Like a boy picking up a building..."​
"...Forget it, just go relax. Or eat some normal food. Or something. You're probably just tired. Really, really fuckin' tired."​
"Roger."​

Naturally, he took "relax" to be code for "continue your mission" and remained in pursuit of the two tailed persons. The apparently strong boy was a little brain-dead, as he just ran straight through buildings. Well, it was convenient for Sagara, at least, as he followed behind him, dodging the debris that was thrown his way by the constant running through walls. Finally, it seemed they'd cornered the girl. They could finally...bring her to a daycare? Did a girl who could move like this even need a day care? Of course she did. Otherwise she'd just grow up to be a thief or something, if she wasn't one already since she'd apparently stolen something from these boys.

It looked like the boy was far too stupid, as he simply got himself stuck into a wall by charging straight ahead. Well, at least he wouldn't be an obstacle to overcome anymore. He looked up at the building Sette had just jumped onto. Naturally, it was his duty to follow. Jumping from roof to roof like this was dangerous, but it could be done. Well, for a little while. Because then the lost child must have lost her balance or something, as she seemed to mess up her jump. Oh boy. With a sigh, he jumped down after her, trying to catch her before she hit the ground.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T.

"Ah! ok!" Kaneda said. "My names Shotaro Kaneda. Nice to meet you, Nezu."

@Verite
tumblr_inline_moajg1aQts1qz4rgp.png

"... yeah, nice to meet you too. Uh... what made you assume that the shit I was talking about was bigger things like you suggested?" Nezu decided to use this to get some info on people, considering that he may run into Kaneda and others while out in his thief outfit.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin

"..." Of course she fell. Some pro. And the guy still giving them the chase was right on them--

If there was ever a proverbial lightbulb moment, this was it. Reacting swifter than either of them given his aura boosted speed, he reached out with his staff and again aiming to catch the little lion by her shirt before she fell too far, pulling her back up to his level. If successful, he looked at the lion cub hanging off the edge of his staff with a grin. "Lemme guess, you tripped over your feet?" He snickered. "Don't worry about it. But since the guy took a running leap after you..." He glanced down at the guy. "We should split."

He folded up his staff, sliding it back into it's normal resting position on his back while his tail took over holding Sette up...and he sprinted off hopping from roof to roof, going as quick as his aura would allow. He was no Ruby Rose but still quick enough, he figured.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay

"Aye. Given that the big one has an entire house above his head, thinks it's time we scrammed."

Sette said as she nimbly began to make her way up to the rooftop and raced off. With jar still in hand of course. "Keep up if ya can!" She taunted Sun as she bolted. She supposed she was somewhat grateful for the Ed's timely intervention since the show of strength from the dumb one seemed to have made the lawman a wee-bit nervous.

Noticing Sette's departure, Eddy grit his teeth and pointed in her direction. "Forget the cop, get the girl, Ed!"

"Drop the house, Eddy?"

"DROP IT!"

"OKAY IF YOU SAY SO! :D"

With that, Ed did as Eddy had instructed and dropped the building. Right on top of Eddy. With that he'd then race after Sette, running through the walls of multiple buildings to try and keep up with her. "Ready or not, here I come!"

Rumbling could have been heard within the debris as Eddy popped out, bruised and battered. It even seemed like he was missing one of his teeth. Flashing a grin at no one in particular, Eddy let out a weak laugh. "Okay, I'm hurt now." But noticing that Sette and presumably Sun as well were still making their getaway with Ed in hot pursuit, he shook a fist weakly in his friend's direction. "Go get em, Monobrow! Ow." Saved him the effort of trying to chase after them at least because surprisingly getting a building dropped on top of you really didn't do wonders for the body.

Sette smirked. Those chumps didn't honestly think they could get their jar back from her, did they? But the sound of walls being smashed down, she glanced down and saw Ed gleefully racing after her and Sun. "SURRENDER THE JAW OF SCAMS, LION SCAMP OF THIEVERY!" Ed exclaimed as he held his hands out expectantly. Sette noted that this boy was indeed strong. But there had to be a limit to his durability and so motioning for Sun to follow her, she'd leap into a nearby alleyway and as Ed stood at the end of it, he smirked. "No where to go, you little dickens." He'd say before rushing towards Sette only for her to easily vault herself over Ed. The forward momentum for the noodle-brained Ed boy however didn't cease and Ed's head would have been stuck within the wall.

Climbing back up to the roof, Sette threw a thumbs-up Sun's way. "I'm not all talk. Now, c'mon. Let's go to Solider Field. Ought to be plenty of unsuspecting folks waiting to be swindled there." She'd say as she leaped down from one rooftop to another. All the while balancing her jar delicately on her tail.

For a while at least.

@C.T. @Kaykay

image_by_kidcool1-d6pryxb.jpg

Beads of sweat began to run down Double D's face as Junko encouraged him to join her club. He had received this kind of attention every now and then from Nazz which effected him all the same. But Junko appeared to be much older and so the Ed wasn't really sure how to process this.

"W-well, I'm sure you're incredibly famous. Your looks are indeed quite exquisite and perhaps I'd join your fanclub. But I'm far more curious in trying to find out where my friends are at the moment. Apologies."

@Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers

One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, Better lock your door
Five, six, grab a crucifix.
Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, Never sleep again....

tumblr_n70fs7XlOu1rzxqdio1_500.gif

"The fear is what always got me going. The look of terror within the victim's eye as it finally hits them that their time on this planet is done. It's what got me on the road to being who I am today. Well, that and I doubt someone born from a nun and a hundred and one maniacs would fit in too well at lunch-time. Everybody's gotta have some kinda hobby. It just so happened to be that mine was snuffing out the lives of miserable little children. The fact that their faces would always show up in the newspaper weeks later was like a treat to me! As if it were some kinda trophy of my accomplishments. Even got myself a pretty fitting moniker along the way. The Springwood Slasher, that's what they called me. I was on the top of the world, baby! No one could stop me, not the children, not the authorities, no one! But then one fateful night, the parents of Elm Street took it into their own hands to make sure the slayer of their beloved little children was snuffed out. I was burned to a crisp. But while I may have been just a wee bit naughty in life, I was even worse in death! I became an invader of everyone's favorite place to go and hide."

"Their dreams. All I had to do was make a deal with some demons and presto! I was even more powerful than I had ever been in life. The children tried all sorts of things to keep me at bay, holy water, burying me, burning me. That maggot-infested momma's boy Jason couldn't even keep me down for long. Now I'm back and Freddy's here to stay! Only problem is that no one alive here to scare! Everyone's some kind of sci-fi whatever. Can't slash that and get any enjoyment out of it. So, I figured I'd settle for the next best thing!" Freddy thought to himself as he sipped on a drink he had gotten himself.

"You just gotta kick back and relax!"

giphy.gif

True to his word, Freddy had been occupying himself by treating himself to the best vacation this place could afford. Mainly out of selfish reasons but also because of the old saying 'good things come to those who wait!' He'd find another living breathing soul and he'd probably not be able to kill them but he'd get his kicks one way or another. Lowering his drink, Freddy grinned as it seemed all that waiting had finally come to fruition. He'd seen some broad who looked even older than him head towards some kinda tower. Well, why not go ahead and pull out the welcome wagon? Wagging his tongue back and forth, Freddy chuckled as he gulped down the rest of his drink.

"Let's see if I still got the ol Freddy charm. Hehehe.."

@Josh M

Somewhere else in the floating city of Columbia, the pirate known as Portgas D. Ace was meandering around. He had been fortunate enough to grab a bite to eat with Ed before pointing him in the direction of where he had seen someone matching Eddy's description. Odd kid but his intentions seemed to be good enough so Ace wasn't really gonna judge. Not that he had any room to anyhow. But as he walked, he'd stop and lean into a nearby alleyway as he watched what appeared to be like two kids fighting each other. With one of them trying to catch the other for a bounty and using her hair as some kinda weapon. Devil fruit or something more, Ace wasn't really sure. But whatever the case if this kid was some kinda bounty hunter than Ace supposed he'd have to watch himself as well.

tumblr_n5kunvGBNk1twyezqo1_500.gif

Flame began to circle around Ace's right hand as he continued to watch the exchange from the alleyway. He didn't feel too hot about picking a fight with what looked like a kid but he also wasn't too keen on bounty hunters. He had fought a great deal of them along with Navy folk in his time as a pirate and getting a bounty worth noticing. The flame quickly dissipated though as he watched Xion quickly make her way off. The wound Eve had garnered seemed pretty nasty. It'd been quite a while since anybody had been able to lay a hand on Ace with a fist or kick. Mainly due to him being able to turn into fire to negate blows like that.

Still, he supposed his good nature ended up rubbing off on him as he started to make his way towards Eve. If he ended up having to fight then it'd be his own fault for approaching what he assumed to be a bounty hunter. If not then he got to help someone and feel good about himself for a while.

"Hey, hold up!" He'd call out to Eve as he stepped out from the alleyway and yelled for her to slow down. Assuming she did so, he'd make his way over towards her. "You need some help, kid? That wound you got looks pretty rough."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_nl2h9aaiFr1r3leyb.png

The blonde girl walked along, a very focused look in her red eyes. To most people, she would appear as a simple child dressed like a doll. But she housed a power greater than most realized. And, thankfully, it was a power she liked to think she used for good.

It wasn't long before she heard someone speak out to her in the background. Eve glanced over her shoulder, spotting someone step out of the alleyway seeming concerned about her wound.

"I am fine," she replied, her voice quiet and void of emotion. She removed her hand from her shoulder showing that in the short time she had spoke to him her wound had already begun to heal. As he watched her, Eve's injury began to close up. "I heal quick," she told him.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Desmond had been meeting with Aaron, or Arc as his files said, about the Deus Ex Machina project when the news first came in about a man in Templar armor hunting down... he wouldn't call them his brothers. The Assassins of most worlds left a stream of blood way too deep for them to be called that. But his potential allies were being hunted down, and if this was true, himself as well.
There had been an attack on another Desmond. He'd survived unscathed thanks to an almost god like intervention, but the issue wasn't whether the version of him that been attacked survived or not. Desmond's died every day to save their respective worlds from the coronal flare after all, but what was troubling about this was the identity of the man that had attacked them. The way he dressed, the way he fought, the weapons he used, he wasn't from their time. That meant that either it was an isolated incident where their world had discovered the First Civilization time manipulation device, or the way more likely option that the Assassin Hunter wasn't from the universe of the Desmond that had been attacked.

That meant that at least one Templar was universally active, and that was all it took. This could be the beginning of it all again. The war that had begun between Eve and Cain, Assassin's and Templars respectively would continue here, into the multiverse, where it would never end.

Unless they acted first.

Sighing and rubbing his face, he asked Arc to leave and had a novice bring in Ezio from his home at the far edges of Masayaf. River was helpful for dealing with direct situations, but there was a lot of subtleties of the history between Assassins and Templars that she wasn't aware of, and couldn't possibly understand if she hadn't lived it like herself like he and Ezio had.

Setting himself down in the chair that Arc had vacated, Ezio offered a quick greeting in his native Italian, then asked what was wrong. Desmond rarely called him out of his home unless there was an issue.

Desmond rose up out of his seat and looked out over the castle grounds, gazing over the small army of mercenaries that had been payed for with a combination of the reward money off the demon's death and Dragoon funding. It was enough in theory to repel an assault, unlike the last attack that had happened on the Serenity. The existence of the Assassin Hunter confirmed more or less confirmed who it had been that had assaulted their mobile sanctuary. Not that they'd really needed the extra proof.

This was going to suck. A lot.

Desmond turned back to Ezio and asked, "What would you do if the Templars came back? Would you try to make peace? Or would you wipe them out?"

Ezio was silent for a long moment. This was a problem he'd been working on for over three decades of his life. Killing your target wasn't enough, you had to tear down what they had built piece by piece so that another could not simply rise up and take their place, sitting on the throne of whom he had just slain. You couldn't simply free the minds of the people by force, you had to teach them to think on their own. But as it was, Desmond did not sound like he knew much about their enemy. They couldn't act without knowledge, without understanding. That was something even the Templars in their arrogance understood.
It was simple then. There was only one choice.

"We investigate. See who these men are, and what they have planned. But I warn you now, peace is not likely, if my journey's have taught me anything."

Desmond looked at him, then nodded. It wasn't easy for him, all of this. The knowledge and the abilities were there, but using all of the knowledge he had picked up in less than a year was so hard. Dealing with the events of the VR, and then the subsequent mission to kill the demon, those had helped him come to term with the things he had taken from his ancestors, make them his own. But it was still all so new, and he didn't always want it. If there'd been anyone else to take care of this problem, problems, then he would have let them. But there wasn't. He was the only one of the Assassin's that had faced the horror of these Murder Games head on and not turned away.
Kenway, he'd ended up with that time traveler woman, the one with the frizzy hair, caring little for his Creed in the end. And Ezio, Ezio had been finished with the life when he'd found him, ready to retire. He only stayed on now in an advisory position, instead choosing to spend his time with his wife enjoying not being shot at on daily basis.

But Desmond was going to ask him to risk it all again, because there was no one he'd rather have at his back when facing the uknown.

"Up for a hunt?"

tumblr_nsfnk6oeyl1rs0hjro10_400.gif

~~~~

Setup had taken a while. Dragging the TDE tech to go sideways instead of forward or back was tricky, and had taken their engineers (heh, engineers, more like River and Crichton and whatever grease monkey they could get their hands on) quite a while to perfect the trick even as much as they had. Desmond and Ezio rose out of the energy bubble, thankfully still clothed thanks to the modifications that had been made to the machine.

Ezio was decked out in full combat armor, the finest that the world had seen, at least in his era. Not that it could do much to stop a gun, at least on the surface. The undersides of the armor had been fitted with Kevlar, effectively bringing it into the modern era of warfare.

Desmond was similarly outfitted in a set of robes that were while lighter, were extremely durable. Similar to the light second generation armor that Batman used that Desmond couldn't possibly know anything about.

Their entrance hadn't exactly been subtle, Desmond and Ezio stepped back to back and scanned the room in their Eagle Vision and Sense respectively, each one pulling their weapons, Desmond his pistol and Ezio the firearm mounted to the underside of his his gauntlet. They were here for information, but prepared for war.

Come at me bro :|

@Verite

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_moajg1aQts1qz4rgp.png

"... yeah, nice to meet you too. Uh... what made you assume that the shit I was talking about was bigger things like you suggested?" Nezu decided to use this to get some info on people, considering that he may run into Kaneda and others while out in his thief outfit.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin

"Just chaos in my world. It's nothing." Kaneda said.

Desmond had been meeting with Aaron, or Arc as his files said, about the Deus Ex Machina project when the news first came in about a man in Templar armor hunting down... he wouldn't call them his brothers. The Assassins of most worlds left a stream of blood way too deep for them to be called that. But his potential allies were being hunted down, and if this was true, himself as well.
There had been an attack on another Desmond. He'd survived unscathed thanks to an almost god like intervention, but the issue wasn't whether the version of him that been attacked survived or not. Desmond's died every day to save their respective worlds from the coronal flare after all, but what was troubling about this was the identity of the man that had attacked them. The way he dressed, the way he fought, the weapons he used, he wasn't from their time. That meant that either it was an isolated incident where their world had discovered the First Civilization time manipulation device, or the way more likely option that the Assassin Hunter wasn't from the universe of the Desmond that had been attacked.

That meant that at least one Templar was universally active, and that was all it took. This could be the beginning of it all again. The war that had begun between Eve and Cain, Assassin's and Templars respectively would continue here, into the multiverse, where it would never end.

Unless they acted first.

Sighing and rubbing his face, he asked Arc to leave and had a novice bring in Ezio from his home at the far edges of Masayaf. River was helpful for dealing with direct situations, but there was a lot of subtleties of the history between Assassins and Templars that she wasn't aware of, and couldn't possibly understand if she hadn't lived it like herself like he and Ezio had.

Setting himself down in the chair that Arc had vacated, Ezio offered a quick greeting in his native Italian, then asked what was wrong. Desmond rarely called him out of his home unless there was an issue.

Desmond rose up out of his seat and looked out over the castle grounds, gazing over the small army of mercenaries that had been payed for with a combination of the reward money off the demon's death and Dragoon funding. It was enough in theory to repel an assault, unlike the last attack that had happened on the Serenity. The existence of the Assassin Hunter confirmed more or less confirmed who it had been that had assaulted their mobile sanctuary. Not that they'd really needed the extra proof.

Desmond turned back to Ezio and asked, "What would you do if the Templars came back? Would you try to make peace? Or would you wipe them out?"

Ezio was silent for a long moment. This was a problem he'd been working on for over three decades of his life. Killing your target wasn't enough, you had to tear down what they had built piece by piece so that another could not simply rise up and take their place, sitting on the throne of whom he had just slain. You couldn't simply free the minds of the people by force, you had to teach them to think on their own. But as it was, Desmond did not sound like he knew much about their enemy. They couldn't act without knowledge, without understanding. That was something even the Templars in their arrogance understood.

"We investigate. See who these men are, and what they have planned. But I warn you now, peace is not likely, if my journey's have taught me anything."

Desmond looked at him, then nodded. It wasn't easy for him, all of this. The knowledge and the abilities were there, but using all of the knowledge he had picked up in less than a year was so hard. Dealing with the events of the VR, and then the subsequent mission to kill the demon, those had helped him come to term with the things he had taken from his ancestors, make them his own. But it was still all so new, and he didn't always want it. If there'd been anyone else to take care of this problem, problems, then he would have let them. But there wasn't. He was the only one of the Assassin's that had faced the horror of these Murder Games head on and not turned away.
Kenway, he'd ended up with that time traveler woman, the one with the frizzy hair, caring little for his Creed in the end. And Ezio, Ezio had been finished with the life when he'd found him, ready to retire. He only stayed on now in an advisory position, instead choosing to spend his time with his wife enjoying not being shot at on daily basis.

But Desmond was going to ask him to risk it all again, because there was no one he'd rather have at his back when facing the uknown.

"Up for a hunt?"

~~~~

Setup had taken a while. Dragging the TDE tech to go sideways instead of forward or back was tricky, and had taken their engineers (heh, engineers, more like River and Crichton and whatever grease monkey they could get their hands on) quite a while to perfect the trick even as much as they had. Desmond and Ezio rose out of the energy bubble, thankfully still clothed thanks to the modifications that had been made to the machine.

Ezio was decked out in full combat armor, the finest that the world had seen, at least in his era. Not that it could do much to stop a gun, at least on the surface. The undersides of the armor had been fitted with Kevlar, effectively bringing it into the modern era of warfare.

Desmond was similarly outfitted in a set of robes that were while lighter, were extremely durable. Similar to the light second generation armor that Batman used that Desmond couldn't possibly know anything about.

Their entrance hadn't exactly been subtle, Desmond and Ezio stepped back to back and scanned the room in their Eagle Vision and Sense respectively, each one pulling their weapons, Desmond his pistol and Ezio the firearm mounted to the underside of his his gauntlet. They were here for information, but prepared for war.

@Verite

Kaneda looked at Desmond and Ezio. "Are these friends of yours?" He asked. "They seem to know you, Shay." Kaneda laughed.

@Verite

Unless they acted first.

"Up for a hunt?"

~~~~

@Verite
Kaneda looked at Desmond and Ezio. "Are these friends of yours?" He asked. "They seem to know you, Shay." Kaneda laughed.

@Verite
tumblr_n9uj91Qyzf1rq6icwo8_500.gif

Without even acknowledging Kaneda, Shay immediately drew his rifle, aiming it at the two Assassins before him. It was as though Kaneda's existence had been erased from Shay's mind for the time being, his focus directed solely at the two Assassins at would suddenly make themselves known to him.

"Now, isn't this a particular sight? Two Assassins in one place. In a so-called multiversal oasis at that as well," Shay simply said, calling out to them as he would prepare his weapon. Though he was outnumbered by two to one, he could take them. He had a good amount of weapons on him. He was skilled and experienced in hunting down Assassins. He could do this.

He had to do this.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd assume that you folks are the ones I'm looking for. But that would just be too convenient... wouldn't it?"

@Thuro Pendragon @The Silver Paladin

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
So. That was how it was going to be. Not surprising, but fuck that escalated quick. Desmond tensed up. The last time he'd fought an Assassin Hunter was in Abstergo Industries Italy branch, Daniel Cross specifically. That had been a win in the end, but barely. He'd gotten lucky, Cross slipping into one of his uncontrollable bleeding effects. But this was different for him too. He was a different man, not much older, but miles wiser and more experienced.
Not that he'd have liked his odds if he was by himself. There was a cold look in the other man's eyes, a way he stared. Like a hunter. It was the same way that Assassin's had stared at Templars for thousand's of years.

Ezio on the other hand was an old man, and sick of fighting and getting having to wash other men's blood out of his clothes. Instead he was going to make an offer for middle ground.

tumblr_n5jb39VJVB1qcxzu2o4_250.gif

"We could fight, and we could all die." Ezio waited for a moment, then continued on. "Or we could sit and you could buy us a drink."

tumblr_n5jb39VJVB1qcxzu2o2_250.gif

"Talking. It is better than killing, no? And I am far, far to old for this merda this late in the evening."

Desmond looked at him uncertainly. This was one of those moments that happened all too often lately. It was clear to both of them that Ezio was older, wiser, and should be acting as Mentor, but Ezio had made it clear several times that he
did not want the job. That's why Desmond struggled on as he did, though he had shown a few times that he had the potential for it. Namely with his novices, Especially Lisa, now an Assassin.

But right now he was ceding to Ezio's vast experience with the Templars. Most of Desmond's experiences outside of the Animus were limited multiversal BS, and he was sort of out of his depth here with a Templar threat.

@Verite

• Love
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"Just chaos in my world. It's nothing." Kaneda said.

@Verite
Well, whatever was going to happen between these guys, Nezu wasn't going to have it, he had enough shit to deal with in his lifetime.

tumblr_inline_moaj8yG5zk1qz4rgp.png

"Kaneda, right? ... How about we let them be or something? I rather not get wrapped up in any more messes."

In the background, there happened to be some guy running around with only his underwear on, and two people chasing after the guy.

"Before you ask, I don't know them," Nezu lied. He definitely didn't want to be associated to that kind of mess.

@The Silver Paladin

After wandering around Columbia for a little while longer, Coulson eventually stumbled upon something very interesting. Two assassins who looked vaguely familiar.....
Coulson thought about it for a second, before remembering-these two were characters from that videogame Fitz had tried to get him to play a couple of hundred times!

He drew his gun, but didn't raise it. It appeared that the older of the two was trying to calm the situation down.
'I'd listen to him if I were you. We don't want to have to clean anymore blood from this fine place.'

As he said this, his phone buzzed. He took the call, and nodded. Turned out that this 'Desmond' person was kind of a big deal to Assassin Coulson. He was present for some of the Murder Games that he'd heard about. Him, another Assassin and this young girl with some kind of mind-control ability had apparently survived multiple games, and had since hopped through various universes via Arc's network.

Coulson nodded. He holstered his gun, and offered out his hand to Desmond:
tumblr_m3xk23b3bQ1qc7geho1_250.gif

@Verite @Thuro The Assassin Potato

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
So. That was how it was going to be. Not surprising, but fuck that escalated quick. Desmond tensed up. The last time he'd fought an Assassin Hunter was in Abstergo Industries Italy branch, Daniel Cross specifically. That had been a win in the end, but barely. He'd gotten lucky, Cross slipping into one of his uncontrollable bleeding effects. But this was different for him too. He was a different man, not much older, but miles wiser and more experienced.
Not that he'd have liked his odds if he was by himself. There was a cold look in the other man's eyes, a way he stared. Like a hunter. It was the same way that Assassin's had stared at Templars for thousand's of years.

Ezio on the other hand was an old man, and sick of fighting and getting having to wash other men's blood out of his clothes. Instead he was going to make an offer for middle ground.

tumblr_n5jb39VJVB1qcxzu2o4_250.gif

"We could fight, and we could all die." Ezio waited for a moment, then continued on. "Or we could sit and you could buy us a drink."

tumblr_n5jb39VJVB1qcxzu2o2_250.gif

"Talking. It is better than killing, no? And I am far, far to old for this merda this late in the evening."

Desmond looked at him uncertainly. This was one of those moments that happened all too often lately. It was clear to both of them that Ezio was older, wiser, and should be acting as Mentor, but Ezio had made it clear several times that he
did not want the job. That's why Desmond struggled on as he did, though he had shown a few times that he had the potential for it. Namely with his novices, Especially Lisa, now an Assassin.

But right now he was ceding to Ezio's vast experience with the Templars. Most of Desmond's experiences outside of the Animus were limited multiversal BS, and he was sort of out of his depth here with a Templar threat.

@Verite
After wandering around Columbia for a little while longer, Coulson eventually stumbled upon something very interesting. Two assassins who looked vaguely familiar.....
Coulson thought about it for a second, before remembering-these two were characters from that videogame Fitz had tried to get him to play a couple of hundred times!

He drew his gun, but didn't raise it. It appeared that the older of the two was trying to calm the situation down.
'I'd listen to him if I were you. We don't want to have to clean anymore blood from this fine place.'

As he said this, his phone buzzed. He took the call, and nodded. Turned out that this 'Desmond' person was kind of a big deal to Assassin Coulson. He was present for some of the Murder Games that he'd heard about. Him, another Assassin and this young girl with some kind of mind-control ability had apparently survived multiple games, and had since hopped through various universes via Arc's network.

Coulson nodded. He holstered his gun, and offered out his hand to Desmond:
tumblr_m3xk23b3bQ1qc7geho1_250.gif

@Verite @Thuro Pendragon
tumblr_nf6zrjWNkj1tippkso2_400.gif

"I prefer drinking to myself if you don't mind," Shay replied sharply to Ezio, further readying his weapon. This was it. Two of his major targets in front of him. Desmond Miles and Ezio Auditore. Two Assassins who were reported to have been there in the same Murder Game as Revan recalled with that Arch Demon. The ones who posed the biggest threat to him.

And then an intruder would shake him back into reality.

Some man with his own gun named Coulson would appear and casually talk as though they were all friends here, though Shay full well knew that this was not the case. Still, he did raise a good point. This was hardly the place or time. Though he wasn't an Assassin anymore, Shay knew better than this. If he was gonna kill them, he may as well do it in a subtle manner as to not attract too much undue attention, or else who knows what might happen?

"... But I suppose there are times where I must make exceptions, it seems."

@Mighty Roman @Thuro The Assassin Potato

Leet_closeup.png

This...didn't seem right.

At all.

As the others were out and about enjoying their stay in Columbia, Steve was frantically searching through a virtual menu, the character in reality just idly standing about like an idiot with an AK-47 loosely in his hands. Scanning through video and sound options, Steve vainly tried adjusting them, anything from resolutions to Direct X, even down to V-Sync and the status of the server. It certainly didn't look like any community server the terrorist was familiar with, after all, if that was the case, he'd be hearing a lot more prepubescent, whiny boys and seeing a lot more kawaii desu-desu anime ragdolls thrown about. Plus, the absolute gorgeous state of the graphics suggested either a highly advanced modification, or, more frighteningly, a new game entirely.

Trying to abandon the server once more time, Steve heavily sighed, cocking the bolt to his rifle, beginning to patrol down the Town Center of Columbia carefully. He was not afraid of any of these "Counter-Terrorists", but rather, afraid of the unknown....

@Anyoone in Town Center.

---

Coco, meanwhile, sighed heavily, beginning to quietly leave her cafe in Soldier's Field. What with dumbos falling from the sky and nonsense going on around her, the captain of one of CFVY's finest teams was not keen on sticking around at the moment. After all, she recalled doing this song and dance before, and to be brutally frank, she needed a break from it all. Sipping a cup of hot chocolate, a bit of a rarity, having left her coffee inside, the six-foot gunslinging fashionista cracked her neck a bit.

"Don't you dare ruin my clothing store, m'kay? I've had my share of their coffee, bit old-fashion for me." the suave captain remarked with a sly smirk to anyone in vicinity, coming off as almost a warning. Beginning to strut away in Soldier's Field, Miss Adel began her search for a proper store of turn of the 20th century fashion. Because, well, why not?

@Anyoone in Soldier's Field

@Krieg
All of a sudden the robotic exoskeleton of the T-850 made a sharp turn and charged at the unmoving man, pressing him against one of the stone walls of the floating city
"My Detail analysis unveils your identity. You are a member of several terrorist organisations, and are responsible for over 57 terrorist attacks; you have been designated for termination"
Little did the infiltration unit know that currently buzzing around his head was Andy, that phone guy, trying to pry Steve from the machines grip.
"I'm sorry about him; he gets a little tetchy around new people. It's just a glitch in his programming, that's all.... Nugh!" The scrawny man gave up on freeing the terrorist, starting fiddling with the chip on the side of the Terminators skull instead.
"He was supposed to monitor me while I finish building something called Skynet, but.... Nugh.... He's too easily distracted....Nugh" with one final, decisive twist the chip was removed, and the Terminator fell to its knees, deactivated, for now.
"That orta keep him down for a 120 seconds or so, and his mood swing'll be over by then. I'm Andy, by the way; me and my friend here, Asimov II, are just off to a chess tournament down at Emporium. And you are?"

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.