Chill out with me while I write (and I'll motivate you to write too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ester

Original poster
I have a lot of trouble motivating myself to write, so this thread is for writers who are writing non-roleplay stuff (or roleplay stuff is fine too) to chill out and motivate each other.

I have so many different plotlines I want to write about but I'm so stuck trying to get myself to just write down the words.

Unsure if I want to stick with a plot I already have or try motivating myself with a brand new one.

Some plotline ideas I have right now if anyone wants to help me choose one to start writing again:

- A game show competition for psychics (fully planned out, haven't started writing yet)
- A "deep web" sort of plot where a group of killers livestream their victims and have viewers vote for who should be saved and who should die (mostly planned out, haven't started writing)
- A story about a group of people with severe mentall illnesses who form their own tightknit support group after being kicked out of another mental illness support group for being "too crazy" (planned and started writing but really only just started)
- I kind of wanted to write something as well that was an homage of sorts to the RPs I used to do as a young teenager when I first started roleplaying regularly by borrowing some of the common plots from that era of my life (gifted boarding school, gifteds vs the government, DNA hybrid experiments escaping a lab, vampires vs werewolves etc) basically taking the cringey tweeny stuff from back then and trying to make it into a deeper story. Haven't really come up with more past that though
- And then there's a plot I've been wanting to RP about but no one's taken the bait on it so I might just make it a story (it's a plot involving two coworkers who get trapped in a department store after being ambushed by robbers/gunmen). But if I write it solo it might make me not want to RP it anymore and I don't want to spoil the chance of making it a good collaborative story.

I could come up with another on the spot if none of those sounded interesting to anyone. My brain is so full of ideas but none of them every come to fruition. *sigh*

• Love
Reactions: Iona
My suggestion is that you might want to check out the creative writing exercises here (there are two or more each week). It's (IMHO) a good discipline and fun and who knows what else?

@Ester

Hello fellow human :D

I just moved your thread to the showcasing area on Iwaku since it seems like you are creating a display of your plot ideas, but not actively seeking RPs for them. The General Chatting section is currently only for off-topic purposes, meaning everything non-roleplay/writing related.

If however, you do wish to seek RPs with your current plot ideas, just shoot me a PM and I'll move your thread to 'Seeking One on One Partners' so you can hopefully find a partner for you to roleplay with :D

And also as recommended by Ravefrost, if you also wish to practise and refine your writing, make sure to check out some of the writing exercises over here

@Yatagarasu thank you! I guess this seems like the right place for it since I'm not looking to RP any of these plots. I just wanted there to be like a writing motivation/writer's block fighting thread for people who were doing their own independent writing in addition to roleplay. Sorry for the confusion!

Reviving this thread because I just started a new writing project that I actually feel motivated enough to write continuously.

Feel free to post about any of the stuff you all are writing, post excerpts, ask for feedback etc ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.