Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
She shook her head. "Go if you want, my whole life is down there." She dropped the sack and followed after.

"And your whole life will be taken at this rate" he muttered to himself as he slowly follows her in "and mine too by the looks of things"

"Stay here," she said. "If it's true, then we'll leave soon, but I have to get something first."

She returned with her jacket bulging and the sack. "Okay," she said. "I'm ready."

A tall pale man walks through the trees,leaves rustling as he walks sniffing the air like a hound searching... searching as a twig snaps under his foot he stand absolutely still as still as a tree looking and looking around. He whistles quietly and two pure black hounds come out of the shadows patting and looking up at him waiting for orders. "I don't have meat you find them" He says to one of them as it whimpers searching for food on the floor. He hears voices but distant as he looks around for the person who spoke. The wind got violent around him before going absolutely dead.

His face was pale "do you feel something the air?" He whispered "like a shadow has fallen over us suddenly? Something is following us, and we need to get out of here fast. Is there any way out that doesn't involve that exit? A second entrance or whatever."

She pursed her lips. "No one's ever followed me. Until you came. How do you know they're following us? You can't be psychic."

The pale man walks slowly as he crunches on more twigs his "shadow" dogs following behind him. He stops again pulling out something leafy and green crunching down on it with all the might of his teeth before throwing bits of it on the ground. One of his dogs walks up to it eating the bits dropping down after the dog is done, it is still hungry. It whimpers and puts its snout underneath his master's hand. "No more Amdis" He says before looking around in the dark for children or other pesky adults. The dogs hungry and too impatient to hunt for meat barks at him and is about to do it again when the man grabs his snout and shuts it gently. "No bad Amdis shh shh wait for prey.." He says as the grass underneath his shoes die. He gets up looking around humming quietly to himself.

Celeste froze, and frowned. "Nevermind," she whispered. "He's here."

"Just tell me" he whispered quietly, his teeth cautiously chewing at his bottom lip as it always did when he got nervous "is there a safer route out of here? I have encountered this before. We don't want to be trapped"

The pale hears tiny voices in that distance. "Boys find them..." He says as his dogs howl loudly into the night before sniffing and looking for tracks,scents anything for the the sake of the hunt. The man walks after them grinning and whistling as the tree move around making creaking sounds as if to stop his whistling or to stop him.

Slowly, she nodded. "Follow me," she whispered, moving back into the shadows, clutching the bulge in her jacket and the sack.

He looks back up, fear is evident in his eyes, before following her into the darkness below, trusting her to lead him away from the danger and not into even more.

She grabbed his hand and moved swiftly, until they reached a small spot of moonlight. "Hold this," she whispered, placing a bundle into his hands. "Her name's Ruth." She then pulled a large stone toward her, revealing an opening.

The dogs on a cold trail finally pick up a scent. The howl and bark before running off into the forest. The pale man continues at a casual pace crunching on leaves and snapping twigs. "Come out.... Come out I don't want to hurt you but my dogs will..." He says loudly continuing forward as his breath starts to show in the cold air before the wind howls and more leaves get pulled from the trees... "Ironic isn't it? The trees lose their leaves like a mother loses it children..." He laughs lightly as the winds grows stronger before dying off once more.

"Bloody hell," Jonathan whispered to himself from above in the tree's. He couldn't let the searcher find them. If he did, they would be killed. Not only could they be of use, but as could the searcher if Johnathan could find a way to incapacitate him. Those dogs are the first of his problems if he planned to go through with it. John could travel faster through the trees then the dogs could through the dense Forrest and it seemed that the searcher was loosing pace with them. Johnathan put up his hood up, grabbed the daggers off his waist, and gave chase to the dogs. He began to bob and weave through the trees in an attempt to catch the dogs. Eventually, he caught up to them and, with one swift movement, he jumped off one of the branches and down upon the first dog.

His blade landed between the dogs ribs, killing him instantly without so much as a yelp of pain. He fell to one knee, as the other dog stopped dead in his tracks at the appearance of a new scent. The dog approached to investigate the area. But, before the dog could react, it had a knife through its heart and it fell dead, sliding off the end of the dagger. Johnathan didn't even have time to wipe the blood off before running up and parkouring back up into the tree awaiting the man to follow and investigate. At this moment, the location of the other two children was unknown.

Celeste watched from underground. She grabbed the bundle called Ruth from the boy and thought whether to trust the hooded figure. It was hard to trust anyone nowadays, especially since she had to care for another. Grumbling to herself she left the sack underground and scurried up a nearby tree, hoping the boy in the cave would follow quickly or remain hidden.

The girl wasn't as quiet as he was. It seemed she hadn't been on the run long. If she had been, she would have learned how to be silent. Her boots scrapped against the bark, she allowed herself sighs of disgruntlement. She was gonna ruin his cover. He waited until she was set in the tree before taking any action. With his hood up, only his chin and mouth were visible. He looked across to her, met her gaze, raised his index finger to his mouth, and kept it against his lips for a few moments.

She locked eyes with him, and gritted her teeth. It was hard to keep quiet without any rest and climbing with one hand, the other she cradled Ruth. Slowly, she nodded, and looked down at the man who had haunted her nightmares for as long as she could remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.