Children Shall Lead Them

• Thread starter Witch of Nightscape
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gianna nodded in agreement to his words and took another bite of her pizza slice. "We should." She added before watching him take a seat besides Micah. A genuine smile couldn't help but to appear on her lips as she watched Ben interact with his son. Finishing up her first slice, she was in the middle of getting another one when the kids rushed off down the hallway.

"The afternoon? Yeah, that works. It'll give me time to catch some sleep." She gave him a nod before moving to take a seat besides him. Her shift didn't start until two in the morning and she would be there until eight in the morning. God, just thinking about it caused her good mood to go down. "I'll have the brownies and drinks as promised." She shot him a smile before taking another bite of her pizza.

Sometimes Gianna felt like just giving up on everything and going back to whee she came from and possibly beg her parents to let her stay for a while or at least take in Elizabeth while she figured out how to get them back on the right path. Of course, those were just depressing thoughts that would often come around when she was facing difficult times and as much as she thought those things, she would never dare to leave Elizabeth's side. The want for her daughter to become someone and have a better life than she did was what drove her forward and kept her going.

"Can I ask you something personal-well it's not exactly that personal?" She said, putting emphasis on the that.

Ben watched with joy as Micah and Elizabeth ran off to the other room to play. He then turned to face her and stood up.

"Sure, of course" walking over to her, he leaned against the counter right next to her to listen to her question.

Ben had to be focused. As beautiful as Gianna was, he had to make sure that he didn't let desires override his wanting to be polite and gentleman like. He learned from his mother at an early age that being a gentleman to the ladies was always the proper thing to do. He got severely punished if he was ever found insulting, hitting or raising his voice at a lady and that included his own mother.

He grabbed the bottle of water he had set on the counter earlier and started to drink some as he waited for her to ask the question.

Gianna watched as be walked over and leaned against the counter before she spoke up. "Do you ever just feel like giving up?" She briefly glanced at him before looking down at her hands. "You know you have to keep going and you want to keep going, but there's times where things just get so...overwhelming." She added.

Ben was a single parent raising a young child, surely he would face troubles from time to time, right? They were practically in the same situation with small differences.

"Sorry to push this on you, I just..." She trailed off and she bit her lip. She needed someone to talk to. These past few weeks she hasn't had anyone else besides Elizabeth and there were many things you couldn't tell a child her age.

Ben smirked and took another sip of his water before answering her question.

"All the time. Sometimes I just feel as if I'm not cut out for this or I feel like taking Micah to my moms place and just taking a break, but everytime I feel like doing that I just try to remind myself what kind of image I want my son to have of me. Do I want him to feel like I don't want or love him or do I want him to feel my love? I just have to remember that this isn't about me anymore..."

He put his hand on Giannas shoulder.

"Its OK. I'm sure every single parent has feelings like that. So don't worry about it and you can ask me anything!"

Gianna was rather surprised as she heard how similar they felt about the situation. It was a bit reassuring to know that she wasn't the only one that felt that way. Suddenly she felt his hand on his shoulder and for some unknown reason, she felt at ease. Perhaps it was because she hadn't had someone to talk to in a while, to rely on-not that she planned to rely on Ben for everything. She wouldn't take advantage of his kindness and generosity.

"Thanks and the same goes for you. If you ever need to talk or anything, I'm here." She gave him a small reassuring smile.

Ben smiled.
"Thanks, that's reassuring! I hope by you don't mind me saying, but I just thought I should tell you how amazingly beautiful you are. Not just your looks, but your kindness and willingness to do anything for Elizabeth are really attractive. I am not going to try anything, but I just thought you should know that that is the way I feel." Looking at his phone, he saw a message asking him to come in a bit early to prepare for the case. He looked to Gianna.

"Sorry. I have to go in early. Just call me if anything comes up, k?"

He waved goodbye to Gianna before bolting out the door.

Gianna's lips parted in surprise when he proceeded to call her beautiful. Hearing those words was really unexpected and Gianna felt her cheeks heat up slightly. What did she even say to that? While she tried to form a coherent sentence, Ben checked his phone bid his goodbyes and was gone out the door in a matter of seconds. Blinking, Gianna turned in the direction of the front door and starred. Well that was abrupt. Taking in a deep breath, she moved to close the box of pizza before heading down the hall to check on the kids.

Ben stirred in his bed. He had gotten back later than he wanted. Looking at his clock though, it was already 10 am. He bolted up, seeing that Micah wasn't by his side. Going to the kitchen, he saw Micah making the sandwhiches already.

"They told me what they wanted on their sandwiches and are getting dressed. Dad, go get dressed. You have only underwear on" Ben remembered and headed back, dressing himself and fixing his hair.

Coming back out, he had a cooler bag to put the sandwhiches in. He grabbed the chips in the top of the fridge an ex threw those in the bag too.

"Dad, these are done" said Micah as he put them in the bag.
"Thanks little man! Just waiting on the ladies now"

"Mommy, wake up."

Gianna felt tiny hands on her shoulders before they lightly shook her. "Mmm...what? Go back to sleep Elizabeth." Gianna murmured groggily before hiding under the covers. "But moooom, we're going to the park today." Elizabeth whined before shaking her mother's shoulders again. It occurred to her that her daughter was right so she slowly sat up and gave her a lazy grin. "Good morning, kiddo." Gianna teased as she ruffled Elizabeth's hair, who in turn giggled and tried to get away from her mother's hands. "Mooooom, we're wasting time." She whined again and Gianna laughed before slipping out of bed. "Alright, alright. I picked out a cute outfit for you." She had gotten their clothes ready before she left for work, since they still had their stuff in the suitcases.

"Here, sweetheart." Gianna said as she handed Elizabeth her clothes and she quickly grabbed it and began to change. She was obviously excited about the whole idea of going to the park. Gianna got her clothes, which consisted of a clean pair of jeans, with a white racerback tank and a beige cardigan, followed with her pair of brown ankle boots. She braided her hair into a side braid, before turning to look at Elizabeth. "Here let me fix your hair. " Grabbing a brush, Gianna pulled her daughter's hair into a ponytail.

Soon they were walking into then kitchen. "Good morning." Gianna greeted with a bright smile.

Ben and Micah's faces lightened up as they saw that the ladies were done getting ready. Micah smiled, walking over to Elizabeth.

"I made you and your mom's sandwiches just the way you wanted them. I hope you like them!" he said with a big grin. Ben walked over to Micah and ruffled his hair.

"No need to worry. This little guy makes the world's best sandwiches! Your in good hands when it comes to that. Ok, are we all ready to go?"

He asked. Everyone looked like they were ready and so they headed out to the park.

As they arrived, they let the kids go off to play first to work up their appetite. Ben took a seat on a nearby bench, motioning for Gianna to come and join him on the bench.

Elizabeth grinned from ear to ear as Micah approached her. "I'm sure we will." She said cheerfully before looking up at Ben as he came up behind Micah. Soon enough, there were leaving out the door and Gianna had made sure to grab the container with the brownies she had baked, along with some drinks in a plastic bag.

As they arrived to the park, Gianna took note that there were few people around, but she frankly didn't mind. It was much more peaceful this way. Taking a seat besides Ben on the bench, she looked over to the kids before looking over to Ben with a warm smile. "Do you and Micah come here often?" She questioned, referring to the park. Since Gianna and Elizabeth moved here, they would come every time she had a day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.