Children of the Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Della finished eating, and stood up. She threw enough money on the table to cover her meal and left. She walked out into the street, the sun burning her eyes. What to do? She walked slowly down the street, getting stared down by purists. Unlike most of the tainted she didn't mind. Mostly because she knew that if any of them messed with her, she bash their knee-caps, then she'd bach in their skulls. The sun felt warm and nice on her arms and her hair was a lighter shade when in the sunlight. A purist bumped her shoulder as she walked, so she tripped him. He fell, and turned to look at her, and her grey eyes flashed white. He ran, as most do. It's all about looking threatening. Purists are purists because they are scared. Tainted are dangerous. They've ever right to be scared.

Walking back on the street with his newly acquired food in his bag, he notices Della and waves.
So... When are we going to do something interesting. Like that trash can thing. That was fun. We should start a riot and do that again
More violence is the last thing we need around here.

Violence is more fun than anything else we ever do.

Della smiled and waved back, walking down the street. She looked around and up at the sky. She decided to swing by the sight of the riot from yesterday.

I bet those purists burn downed a bunch of buildings. Destroying their own cities for what? You.

"Really Scella?" Del mumbled rolling her eyes. Della trudged down the street, keeping her eyes low.

Danny walks that way as well to visit a taint-friendly shop that his friend runs. He is payed to keep out trouble making purists away.

A teen walked silently through the crowd, hood up and head bowed slightly. He was ahead of both Della and Danny. It was the boy's first time in this particular city. His clothes were a little dirty but he didn't mind as he continued to walk to wherever his feet took him.

Well this is different. Whatever happened to sticking to the shadows, huh Sirvus?

Maybe he doesn't want to seem suspicious hiding in alleyways? Have you ever thought of that Boi?

Y'know, I bet I'm not the only one who would've loved it if I was the only voice-

"Shut up." Sirvus muttered quietly, already annoyed by the two voices.

Daniel leans forward in his chair and pulls out a deck of cards to play solitaire on a box that is in front of him.

Another day at a boring job
It wasn't boring two days ago. You convinced Danny to bash some purist's head with a wooden plank when he was getting shouty.

That was fun, wasn't it?
You have an odd definition of the word fun.

At least my definition isn't solitaire
Daniel mutters under his breath "I like solitaire."
It is so boring, though
well we can't just hurt people every day.

Sirvus walked into the shop. He's been walking around the city since late last night through alleyways and hadn't been inside this place yet. He was curious about it, really.

Hey, how 'bout we bash in some purist skulls? Because I'm completely and utterly bored.

You're always bored, Boi. And what about keeping a low profile?!

You worry too much, Achuke. If the kid's lived this long without getting caught or killed then what's the problem? Right, Sirvus?

Sirvus ignored the two and sat near Danny without so much as a single thought of hesitation as he began to realise how tired he was.

After a few minutes, as Danny is getting close to the end of his game, a group of three hooded guys come into the shop. This is normal look for the tainted, so Danny doesn't think much of it as they pass him. At the back of the store, one of the hooded men kicks over a magazine display while the other two push down a shelf. Danny stands up and the store owner hops over the counter.

Look at these assholes. Lets bash their heads in!
Might want to grab a weapon, Danny. That guy has a crowbar.

Della was walking by the store that that boy Danny, who helped her last night and another boy went into. She watched three guys enter the store and start knocking things over. And is her eyes were correct one of them have a crowbar. Della rolled her grey eyes, "I guess I should help huh?" Della asked.

If I say no, are you gonna do it anyway?

She rolled her eyes at Scella and pulled her warhammer off her back, entering into the store. "Is there a problem here?" she aks swinging her hammar up in front of her. The three looked tainted, but she was pretty sure she could take them. After all she was a wanted criminal.

He looks between the three and bum rushes a guy who is getting ready to tilt another shelf. He rams the guy into a wall and punches him in the face.
Apparently, we are going bare knuckle.

Sirvus sighed and stood, turning to face one of the men that were trashing the place and glared at him, daring him to try to break anything or hurt someone.

What will you do? Fight? Leave?

Hey, shaddap. Isn't it obvious he's gonna fight?

Last edited:
After a bit of a struggle, the fight ends with Danny slamming a bottle from a shelf on the guy's head.
Good shot!

Della swung her hammar at the third guys stomach. His body propelling backwards and upwards with the force of her hit. She placed the hammarhead on the ground and leant against it, "So how are you guys today?" She asked casually watching the other two each finish their own fight.

You are especially crazy y'know that? Scella's voice rang through her head. She smiled. Yeah, she probably was crazy.

"Oh yeah?" Della asked. "Does this happen often in this city?" she made a face. They always said that this city was one of the more lenient. It's why she came here actually. But at this point, that didn't really seem to be true. This city seemed to be spiraling out of control, just like the others.

Sirvus had roundhouse kicked the man he was glaring at, his eyes flashing from blue to turqoise breifly as the guy was kicked into the wall from the force of the kick, grunting lightly in response.

Calm down. There's no need to get too worked up Sirvus.

That's right! They're just a bunch of idiotic low lifes that aren't worth anyone's time.

Last edited:
"Unfortunately. The purists have been getting rowdy lately

Sirvus glanced toward the group of idiots that decided to try and destroy things, then at both Danny and Della, curiousity filling his blue eyes as they landed on the two other tainted.

Della grunted angrily, "And to think I thought this town was different."

There is no escaping purists Del. You gotta learn to deal with them.

Why should I? I can always beat their skulls in. Della thought back at Skella. Della turned to the other boy in the room, giving him a nod. "Hey. I'm Della." she says curtly. She swings her war hammer over her head, setting it back into its sheath on her back.

"I'm Sirvus." he replied quietly, putting his hands in his pants pockets as he spoke.

Well, look who's makin' some friends! Ain't that cute.

Why so sarcastic?

Why are you such a killjoy?

Sirvus held back a sigh as Boi and Achuke began to go at it yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.