Children of the Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eva walked up and stood be her lond lost sister, she looked between the two guys, "She is right." then she looked at Bob, "Bob..." she said looking at him with her blue eyes, "You just need to calm down alright... Please? He didnt call you stupid at all. Those were not his word" she said this all in a calm soothing sweet voice. She used to do this all the time in her village. She did it when children were freaking out like this... this always worked.
Ares remained quiet. He had no intention of hurting Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xanthia sighed and nodded. "She's right too." She said, stepping away from them before making a large circle around them, looking around and taking it all in with intrest and amazement that such a place exited, that is was real. And that she was there! She was actually there!

"You ok?" Eva asked Ruya, as he stood shivering in fear. No, he most definitely wasn't ok, but he was so scared his vocal chords seemed to be disabled. The events around Ruya started to cheer him up, though. I mean, Bob turned out to be the Son of Stupidity- that was worth a silent smirk. And a few people below would probably be in distress about the bloody rain, a scene Ruya would love to watch. Speaking of the blood-boy, who were Aaron's parents, who gave him the gift to...well, bleed. With new-found courage from his amusement, Ruya concluded to consult Ares again.

"Ares, if you're feeling, ahem, good still," Ruya inquired, cautiously since Ares probably wasn't too happy about the kick, "Who are bl- I mean Aaron's parents? I don't recall learning about the God of Red Rain at school."

The girls' attempt to calm him down was not very successful, even with Eva's calm, soothing, sweet voice. "Just leave me alone." Bob said, tears still rolling down his face, then pushed the girls away from him. He ran away from everyone for a few seconds, then let himself fall on the clouds. Now he lay there, his crying muffled by the clouds.

Aaron glanced at Ruya, surprised that the other guy was asking on his behalf. He drippily moved over, a little closer to the group. He ended up standing by Ruya's side, because while the boy carried about him an air of arrogance on when they still stood on solid ground - here, he was just as vulnerable as Aaron. They both had some sort of anxiety. But the anxiety had disappeared, for Ruya, for now. Aaron knew that anxiety did not simply disappear. It lay formant and hidden, lurking under the surface, and only a few things were really able to push that sense of anxiety away. Usually, there had to be steps taken, an intervention had to be staged. Intervention usually came in the form of a packet of pills. However, he still moved closer to Ruya. He trusted him only slightly more than the rest of the characters in his collective hallucination. Aaron suspected he would regret that choice.

His eyes, however, went to Bob, who was laying, sprawled on the clouds. His interest in staying near to the person he only sort of trusted faded. Aaron was training to be a doctor, for God's sake. He may have been a mortician, he may have been majoring in the funerary preparations and the pathology within the art of a body collapsing, but it was part of the doctor's oaths and codes to help where they could. Aaron slinked over to Bob, his hands still dripping. He stood over the other guy, and folded his hands behind his back fingers wrapped tightly around the amulet, so that he wouldn't drip on Bob. Aaron knelt down next to him. If his hands wren't covered in blood, he would have reached out to him. But as it was, he could do nothing. Who knew what sort of blood-bourne pathogens he was carrying with him? He didn't want to afflict the already damaged man with something worse.

Aaron did his best to comfort the other man, but his own head was spinning. He was still in the grips of a breakdown, of a fever dream that must have fueled this sort of thing. He stared at Bob's contorted, crying face with his colourless eyes, and murmured softly, his raspy voice trying to take upon it some semblance of comfort; "Hey, it's okay - it's okay," Aaron stammered. Was it okay? Was it really all okay - they were standing in the clouds with a fucking pegasus. It wasn't okay. It was a hallucination with a full functioning set of characters. Aaron privately wondered what areas of his subconscious they represented, as he struggled to find words to comfort Bob, "Just a delirium-dream. Likely from a fever, or a magnesium deficiency. Hallucinations are pretty common." Aaron smiled thinly, but behind his back, his hands were trembling. "None of this is real. It's gonna be okay."

How could he convince Bob that he wasn't real - but was likely just a manifestation of self-doubt that existed in Aaron's brain? He likely wouldn't be able to. Aaron wouldn't have believed it if he was told that he wasn't real. There seemed to be no reason that pieces of his brain, dragged up from his subconcious would believe that. They were parts of him, each and every one. But why Greek gods? Why Ares, of all the gods in the great world of mythology? He'd been more interested in the mythologies of China and Japan, than he ever had been Ancient Greece. There had to be a reason.

"None of this is real?" Bob asked with his face still in the cloud, then turned around to face Aaron. "Oh. None of this is real!" Bob yelled sarcastically. "Well that's just great, then! It isn't real, you guys!" He yelled again, whilst getting up from the cloud he was on. He circled around Aaron a few times before coming to a halt and facing him once more. "Look, buddy. I may be stupid, but at least I'm not denying the truth anymore. I don't know who you are, or what kind of special powers you may have, but I recover faster from injuries than you can say injury. There is no way in Hell that I could be hallucinating anything. And thus far, the only explanation I have is that I'm the son of the Goddess of Healing. So unless you have any explanation for me recovering within seconds, or the unnatural amounts of blood coming out of your hands, perhaps you should consider that we are, in fact, in Greek Heaven."

Bob glared angrily at Aaron for a few more seconds after his rant. His eyes were wide open and his teeth were shown, but eventually his anger died down and he sighed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... I... I just had a hard time. I'm sorry." Bob burried his face in his hands, ashamed of how mad he got. "Ugh, I just want to go home."

Ares laughed, "A kick like that wouldnt do much good on me. Anyways I need to look at Aaron's medal to figure that out" he looked at Aaron.
Eva backed away before he could push her and sighed, rubbing her temples... She was getting quit frusterated. "Thats it!" she yelled, "I am takling a walk!" She turned around and started walkiing.
Ares looked directin at his daughter, "Eva!" she stopped for a moment but didnt turn around. Then she went back to walking.

Xanthia watched everything a moment before sitting down and sighing. "Why are people so freaking complicated." She muttered to herself, resting her head in her hands. She spoke to Ares now. "Do you know anything about why we're here?" She asked, looking at Bob and Aaron. Why can't they think maybe it's real? And not be so negative until they're sure?! Go with the flow for once..figure out what's happening before making a scene.. She thought silently.

This was just too funny for Ruya. Before he'd been able to hold in, but now, with the Eva suddenly storming off, blood-boy still in denial, and Bob proving himself to be the Son of Stupidity, Ruya burst out into a cruel fit of hysterics. All previous fear Ruya had was forgotten- at least for now- as he laughed at the silliness of the situation. He really did try to suppress it, yet every time he thought he'd managed it, a new wave of giggling came along. Ruya couldn't even work out what was so funny any more- and he didn't want to, either. That could be left to blood-boy. At least, once he'd stopped denying this was real. It was time Ruya showed Aaron what a proper hallucination looked like.

"Still in denial, Aaron?" Ruya taunted, still snickering between breaths, in a crazed way, "The fact that it's true has made lying for the last nineteen years even harder for me. If it were a dream, I wouldn't be up here in the stupid Heavens, hanging around with you lot. I'd be in Hel(l) with my parents already. I'll show you what a real dream looks like." Ruya walked towards Aaron menacingly, ready to use his parent's magic.

Aaron stared at the boy, Ruya, who was approaching him. He had just read in the National Geographic that menacing body language was just as threatening as a frightening facial expression, and by extension, an actual thread. With all these three things combined, he should be feeling very threatened indeed. There had been a threat in the boy's voice, and there had been violence implied in the way he stood, this agressive desire to show his superiority over Aaron. It was common amongst human males, just as it was common amongst wolves and deer; conflict proved who was the better man, who should breed with females. But that was animal behaviour, not behaviour suitable for humans, particualrly not if humans were children of Gods. There was something distinctly wrong about that idea; that children of Gods were just as shallow and hollow as humans, that they hadn't evolved beyond conflict. But then again, there were the Greek Gods. Zeus slept with any pretty face, while his wife tormented the resulting children. That was a simple sort of knowledge; about the much of his understanding of Greek religion.

At first, Aaron had thought that Bob was going to try to fight him as well, but Bob was just as scared and lost as he was. They both felt the desire to go home; but Aaron was certain that once he woke up, he would find himself in his bed, with his pocketknife shoved through his tongue. Was it possible that he had fallen asleep with that thing through his mouth? There was never any pain, so it didn't seem likely that he would have stayed awake because of pain - perhaps he had finally drowned in his own blood, and he was now dead. That seemed much more likely than just a delirium; Aaron couldn't imagine coming up with a character as senselessly cruel and petty as Ruya. Unless, of course, Ruya was some deep seated insecurity only now manifesting. He pulled himself to a standing position, and folded his arms across his chest, one hand still limply clutching at the far too slippery amulet.This was a defensive stance, he knew from the same National Geographic article. He spoke slowly and hoarsely, his voice creaking and cracking. "Not true. If it was my dream; you would be with me. In order to present subconscious thought to conscious mind." It had been a time since he had spoke so much, and it seemed to be an effort for him. His hands were shaking, and he turned his head to look at Bob, his colourless eyes flickering over the guy's face. He gave a small, tired looking smile, his brows knitted on his head. He spoke softly, but his voice was still stilted, new-sounding, "Sorry. Didn't mean to hurt you. Tried to comfort. Doctor oath." His hands were trembling in full force now, but his posture was a little more confident, only a tiny bit, but still defensively closed.

However, the amulet slipped out from his hands, and splashed against the pool of blood at Aaron's feet. He scrambled to pick it up bending at the waist, , but it slipped away from him, the edges of the amulet slipping away from him. It was as if the amulet was greased, oiled. Aaron supposed that made sense; his blood had taken on a consistency more like oil than blood. Aaron slipped on his blood as he pursued it, and all fours, covered in blood, like a flithy, foul animal, he reached out to grasp it. But like a skipping stone, it fled his bloodsoaked fingertips, and landed at Ares' feet. Aaron gulped, and looked up at the God of War, from his position on his hands and knees, liberally splashed in his own humours.

Bob let his hands drop and raised his head again. The tears had stopped now, and he glared over at Ruya, who was approaching Aaron. Bob's gaze fell on Aaron for a second, then back to Ruya as he got inbetween the two. He stared Ruya straight in the eyes for a few second, then turned around and reached a hand out to Aaron. "Come on up. Maybe my mother can help you with the bleeding and then we'll get you cleaned up. Let's see if there's a God of Doing Laundry, eh?" Bob said with a sincere smile on his face, he wasn't sad anymore and didn't want to be again.

Ares sighed looked down at Aaron and Bob, "That exactly what I plan on doing." he paused to clear his throat then yelled, "Aceso!"
~~~~~
Eva kept walking, she had no idea where she was walking, she just wanted to walk. This is frusterating to her now. Then she came up to a tree and looked u at it. She grabbed a branch and started climbing up.

Xanthia looked up as Ares yelled. She wondered who he was calling, but stayed in her silent sitting position beside her father. She didn't feel like doing anything. She looked at Aaron a moment before glancing at Bob, then Ruya. She wondered what each of their parents where. And how are we supposed to all get along? Something's up..or we wouldn't be here..I want to know. She thought to herself, sighing very quietly and looking back down at the clouds. She closed her eyes, thinking, wondering, and imagining. When she looked back up, she actually stood. "Dad, do you want me to get Eva and bring her back?" She said in a dullish voice, her arms crossed and her hair veiling part of her right eye while her hood cast her face in a shadow. She looked at Ares with a curious look though, despite her tone.

A figure came out of one of the mansions and approached Ares after being called out, though she did not seem very happy having to speak with that particular God. "What is it now Ares? I told you I will not heal you if you fight the other Gods again. One day you're really going to-" Aceso froze and her anger vanished when she saw who was with Ares. The children, their children. "Oh, I can't believe it!" She said with tears in her eyes. "They're back! Oh, my boy, I've missed you." Aceso ran towards Bob, then squeezed him as tight as she could, while he was trying to push the woman away from him. He didn't know this woman, why would she hug him? And how could she miss him? "Right. She's probably my mother." Bob thought to himself and ceased his attempt at pushing the woman away. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her, too.

"M.. Mother. Could you help my friend, please?" Bob said, breaking the silence between mother and child. Aceso looked over at Aaron and held back a shriek, surprised and scared by the amounts of blood loss. "Of.. Of course. Right away." She said, then hurried over towards him. Aceso knelt down in front of Aaron and got ahold of his hands, gently stroking them. With each stroke, Aaron's hands got enveloped by a faint green glow and he could feel his skin grow, touch itself on either ends of the wounds, then fuse together and stop the bleeding. Had his hands not been covered in blood, he could've seen the whole healing process sped up. "There. Your friend's all better now." She said, got up, then turned back towards the God of War, her mood instantly returned to anger. "So, Ares. When were you thinking of telling us our children had arrived? Don't you think we would've liked to see them, too, huh? You're so self-centered, why don't you think about us for a change? Good Heavens, why can't you be more like my dear Koalemos?"

Aaron gratefully took Bob's hand, slipping up to his feet. His grey chucks were sopping wet- filled with blood, making his socks cling unpleasantly to the inside of his sneakers. He quickly gathered up his amulet, clutching it from between trembling hands. He quickly flipped it, so that the relief was at least partially concealed. He gave Bob a hesitant smile, his mouth corners twitching, causing the acne on his face to folds into the corners of his mouth. He opened his mouth, about to give the boy a word of thank you - but a new arrival interrupted his words. Suddenly, a woman was there, a maternal looking woman; with wide hips and a narrow waist. She looked as if she could be anybody's mother, but judging by Bob's words, she was his mother. A goddess, if this whole crazy business was actually true. Aaron could not imagine what she was the goddess of, but he assumed that she must be the goddess of some kind of goodness, judging by the way that she said she could heal. Aaron looked towards the woman who was hugging the boy he was hesitantly calling a friend, mentally categorizing him as an ally amongst a group of people who Aaron dared not trust.

Then, the goddess touched him, holding onto his hands. Aaron thought that her hands should slip off of him, but they did not. Instead, they held to his hands, stroking his bandaged knuckles, the scabs and other wounds - as if they were washing the wounds clean. He could feel them each scabbing over, a process that would take too long on its own. The green glow from his hands could not wipe away the bloodstains, but it engulfed Aaron - and he couldn'y feel the burning pain in his cheek from where Eva had slapped him. There was the same feeling, one that signaled a new growth of skin covering his spine and tongue. He would not seep from there, not until he split his skin again. But what then? Would he forever bleed out ; would this only be a temporary fix? He could not see any benefit to his affliction, except that it gave him a rush of energy, a warmth of comfort and fulfillment that he knew he could not find elsewhere. It was a release of anxious energy, and had he not been what he was; he would have turned to much more self-destructive means. The picking, for example.

Aaron mumbled a "Thank you." His hands still clutched at the amulet tightly, as he watched the Goddess berate the God. He was starting to believe. Only a little, and only because he certainly did not know what else to do. This woman had healed him - that was magic that he could see and feel, and that was the proper behavior of a god, instead of the coarse vulgarity of Ares that belonged more to the common hick, not the beloved god that the Greeks had so cherished. Then again, perhaps that was Ares' tendency ; he had been described the most hateful of Zeus' children, after all. The Illiad had said so. If this was an elaborate dream, it seemed likely that Aaron had internalized this description, and this is what he had come up. That was two parents - Ares and this woman. Aceso, Ares had called. Was that her name? There were other gods mentioned - Nyx? Goddess of Night? And the violent one - Ruya. He seemed to know who is parents were.

Was Aaron the only one who had a mother and father at home - parents who loved him, and whom he loved? Surely not. Surely, there was some humanity amongst this group - Bob seemed to have it, that unique spark of humanity that Aaron believed he had. The flaws, the imperfections; the failures and the self loathing. Who had ever heard of a Greek hero with an anxiety disorder and allergies? Who believed that the son of a god would have a blog and listen to indie emo-punk? Nobody. Nobody would believe that.

Ares looked at his youngest daughter and nodded, "That's probably a good idea."
Then Ares looked at Aceso and said, "I was getting to that. Right after I told them what was going on. But of course everything got a little crazy. So quit your wining."
~~~~~~
Eva climbed higher into the tree.

"Whining?!" Aceso repeated, taken aback by the statement. "I am not whining. I am complaining! Do you want to hear whining?" She said, narrowing her eyes to a threatening face. "Aceso, Zeus threw a lightning bolt at me. Aceso, I got stabbed in the arm. Aceso, I dropped my sword on my foot. Aceso, I hurt myself when I put on my armor." She said in a deep voice, trying to mimic Ares', then returned to her own. "You're a child and a complete blockhead. Always were, always will be." It was clear Aceso didn't like Ares, their respective realms forever intertwined, much to Aceso's discontent. She saw wounds as accidents that should be forgiven, thinking the best of mortals, but Ares' wounds did not come from accidents. Intentional harm is what he caused, death and unmendable wounds lay in his path. Something Aceso just couldn't bear.

Then she turned back towards the children, except for Ares' daughters who had gone for a walk or something. "Now then, I'm sure you'll all want to meet your parents. Just hand over your amulet for a moment and we'll see whose offspring you are, shall we?" Aceso told them, ready to identify the parents of whoever wished to know.

Aaron watched Aceso with curious, colourless eyes. She was seeming to communicate everything that Aaron had ever read about Ares, what was in the Illiad. He was a fool, and childish. Aaron wondered if he had ever been that childish. He must have been, at some point in his life, but now he was older, old enough to understand that this situation was likely just an elaborate hallucination. Encephalitis? He'd never suffered from such hallucinations before, so that possibility seemed impossible. He'd drawn clocks and showed them to people, and the numbers and hands were always straight, albeit crude. It could not be encephalitis, then. Off the top of his head, no other delirious disorders came to mind, nothing that would cause his brain to boil like this. But it must be something like that. These things did not happen; Greek gods didn't reveal themselves and sweep their so-called children up into the sky. Maybe he was right in his assessment of Ares at first - a suicide-murder cultist. Maybe he'd slipped them all something. Aaron could not be certain of anything anymore.

Aaron glanced down at the amulet in his stained - slippery - hands. The blood had stopped flowing, but the amulet was still drenched. He looked at the congealing oils that sat in the base of the lines in the relief. Now that it was drenched in blood - it looked even more ghastly. The screaming, tormented man in a blindfold could not bring about good news. It could only bring apart the bad. But she was offering to tell them who their parents were - and if there was a grain of truth to this matter, this maternal woman, Aceso - she would learn that he had been born in a hospital, with hundreds of others squalling infants. The image of his mother, his mother at home, hung in Aaron's mind ; she held Aaron in her arms as his father held her shoulder and smiled down at him. They were so happy when he had been born; a strong, healthy boy with big lungs and a dark thatch of hair. Mom's first baby was stillborn - Aaron remembered - she was only nineteen when it happened, an accidental pregnancy. She would've gotten an abortion if it hadn't been '87, and the middle of Kansas, where she'd grown up. How could Aaron even imagine depriving her of that happiness by not being her son?

No - he was his mother's son. He would hand Aceso the amulet, and she would understand. There had been some mistake, Aaron was not supposed to be here. Then, this thing, this fever dream would end and Aaron could go back home, to his blood soaked apartment and his loud, overly friendly neighbors who argued late into the night about whether or not Oblivion or Skyrim was a better game. He would go back to saying only what was required of him, and go back to the lab - looking at dead people. That what was going to happen, and Aaron was glad for it. Aaron unfurled his hand from around the amulet, and offered it, open - palmed, sigil up to Aceso. Everything was slippery and sticky with his blood, but the relief was clear, as was the expression of nervous fear on Aaron's face - the knitted brows, the tugged down mouth, the flickering colourless eyes. He mumbled, "I think this belongs to somebody else..." His voice trailed off, and died in his throat.

Ares rolled his eyes, "Your are such a child." he muttered.
~~~~~~
Eva could since the disturbance.... she could since each and everyone around here. It was like as if someone was repeatedly jabbing a knife into her brain. She held her head and started crying.
~~~~~~
Aphrodite could sense the disturbance as well, but unlike Eva she knew how to control the empathy power. She teleported to the main source of the disturbance and asked, "What is going on here-" then she noticed Ares and blushed. Sure enough she was very beautiful. Eva looked just like her face wise. The only difference was that Aphrodite's hair was blond. As soon as she teleported there Ares spun around and they made eye contact with one another. Both there cheeks a deep shade of red. These two are soul mates... yet rules tell them that they can never be together. All because they are too different. Aphrodite then smiled softly at Ares.
"Hello Ares." She said softly.
Ares smiled slightly, "Aphrodite..."
Aphrodite then looked at the others, "Now what is going on here?" she asked softly.

Aceso took the medal from Aaron, but could not tell him who his parents were just yet, for she was interrupted by the arrival of a new Goddess, Aphrodite. There was nothing Aceso disliked about Aphrodite, except maybe her adoration for Ares, so she adressed her with her usual friendly voice. "Good day to you, Aphrodite. Your loving partner was just about to inform us he has brought our children here. You will be pleased to find your daughter sulking in a tree over there." Aceso told Aphrodite, then pointed in the direction Eva had gone.
"Now, my boy. Let's see whose medal this is." She said, finally inspecting the oily medal in her hand, given by Aaron who still doubted his heritage. Her face had gotten a little pale when she realized whose son this was. She raised her head and looked at the boy, then back at the medal. "Well, well. You've got quite the interesting set of parents." She said, smiling weakly, but soon regained her natural face colour and pleasant smile. "Deimos and Achlys! I believe a smart young man like yourself knows what they represent." She paused for a moment, then turned her attention back to Ares and Aphrodite. "Isn't Deimos your son, you two? Yes, yes. Oh, how nice. He's going to meet his sister!" She said, then handed Aaron his medal back.

Status
Not open for further replies.