Children of the Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lazy day of nothing but watching tv had passed for Bob. No job, no school and for tonight, no parents since they went out on a date, so the house was pretty quiet. His head tilted to the side, facing a clock hanging against the wall, it was getting late. Bob reached for the remote, then shut down the tv and with it, all the noise in the entire house; it was completely silent now.

As he made his way upstairs, he groaned and rubbed the back of his head. "What am I going to do? Nobody wants to hire me." He mumbled to himself, feeling bad for living off his parents, still, without any form of income on his side. They had tried to convince him not to attempt college, but he did anyway and felt bad when he failed; even worse when he did again. He just wanted to show everyone wrong for once, but it was not for him. Even getting a job is much harder than he thought.

On his way to his room, Bob found his parent's room's door wide open and that the room itself was a complete mess; open drawers, clothes and pillows everywhere. "I'd rather not think about what they did in here." He said, finding himself inside the room suddenly. Looking around, and thinking back about having no job, Bob decided he could at least clean this mess.

After putting the dirty clothes in a basket, he reached under the bed to get a pillow, but instead found a cardboard box. He pulled in out from underneath and opened it without thinking twice. Inside, he found a medal. "Did dad ever win anything? Why wouldn't he show me?" Bob wondered and held the medal closer to the lamp. A short inspection showed the medal had a herb on it which, upon further inspection, seemed to be upside-down, judging by the ribbon on the medal. "Well that's stupid." He chuckled and flipped the medal, where he found a picture of a mountain, much like the mountain he could see from his window.

Thinking nothing of it, he took the medal with him to his room so that he wouldn't forget about it and could ask his father the next day. He took off his clothes and began brushing his teeth, walking around the room as always. It was only when he passed his window and stared at the mountain that he remembered he was, in fact, living next to a mountain. He finished brushing his teeth, then stared at the medal for a while. "Should I?" He thought to himself.

In the end, curiosity got the better of Bob and he got dressed again; a blue and white-striped hoody and a pair of jeans. He ran outside, wondering why he was running, then came to an abrupt halt and smacked his forehead. A quick revisit to the house later, Bob continued his run towards the mountain, this time with the medal in his possession. It was then that he saw lightning strike the mountain further up ahead, but that didn't slow him down.

Halfway up, Bob had to slow his pace, as his breathing became heavier. "I *pant* I have to *pant* work out *pant* more." He said to himself, resting in place for a while, but continued his trek upwards, with a slow walk. Noiseless, Bob made his way towards the group gathered up there, which he could hear from a distance. Instead of greeting or somehow making his presence noted, Bob leaned against a tree, picked his nose, and watched the scene unfold before him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eva looked at Van, then the medals underneath them... which was still in great condition!.. then the man.
The man made eye contact with both of his eyes widen.. as if he seemed to recognized them, "Eva?... Van?..." then he smiled big picking them up as if it was nothing and gave them a big hug... then man was very strong! "My girls." he said.

Xanthia blinked. "A..Are you Aries?" She asked quietly, half-choked, yet she was amazed the man hadn't snapped her in half. "Y-you're girls? Wait..she's my sister?!" Thoughts were running through her head a million miles a minute. The swords..Aries..who's the moon? Greek goddesses..uhh...Who is night? Who's her mom? Surely we don't share the same parents..

He puts them both down and looks at both of them, "Yes I am Ares... your father." Eva's mouth practiacally dropped to the floor. She looked at Van then smiled big, "YAY! I have a sister!" it didnt take long for her to get over her shock.
Ares smiled, "Eva... you look so much like your mother." then he looked at Van, "And Van... you look so much like yours."
Eva arched an eyebrow, "Question... who is my mother?" she really wanted to know.
He looked her dead in the eye, "Aphrodite."
Eva's eyes widened.

Xanthia took a step away from the two. I have a sister?...and her mother is Aphrodite?!..This is not well.. She closed her eyes a moment before asking the same question. "And mine?" She knew it wasn't Aphrodite, it couldn't be. There was no way. My father..is Ares...the god of war...explains sooo much now..maybe. She was still not comprehending the situation completely, then it clicked. She would wait for her father's answer, then ask a second question, one a lot more important.

Eva thought this through, "This explains soo much!" she thought, "My love for fighting and my love for love..." she was trying to wrap her mind around it, "AND I have a sister!" this thought made her smile... she always wanted a sibiling.
Ares looked at Van, "Yours is Nyx."
Eva looked between her long lost father and sister.

"Ares? Aphrodite? Aren't those Roman Gods or something? Greek? Man, how did I ever pass High School? Then again, they did sorta steal each other's Gods, I believe. Weird." Bob thought to himself, then reached for his bubble blower and let some fly. He never had to think whether or not there was in in his pocket, he'd have put one there, be it subconsciously. The wind carried the soapy-wet spheres towards the group ahead and silently popped upon touching anything, or anyone. Bob thought nothing of it, feeling more relaxed with the bubbles floating in the air. This whole scene was a little unsettling, a group gathered on a mountain in the middle of the night and a man saying he's an ancient god.

Xanthia ignored Eva's words and thought about Nyx. Ahh..the goddess of night..I remember her..such an unusual match.. She looked up at her father, staring deadly into his eyes. "And why are we here, exactly?" She asked quietly. It makes most sense..my competitiveness..and how much I love the night..by why? Why did I grow up here? Why weren't we told? "Is something wrong?"

Ares sighs, "Somebody kidnnaped you and brought you all down to earth... we are not sure why."
Suddenly Eva felt an unfamiliar presence behind the bushes. Her protective insticts kicked in and faster than the speed of light she had Bob pinned to the ground. She examined his face for a second, "Who are you?"

Xanthia nodded. "Okay.." She said unsure, then turned when she realized Eva had moved. "Hey..he's wearing a medal. Back off of him." She said, going over and touching the medal on his chest before pulling Eva away. "Stop being so...like dad." She winced at the sentence, but figured it might do the trick. She looked down at Bob. "That still doesn't mean you don't get to answer the question though."

"Woah." Bob exclaimed as he was being pinned to the ground, throwing the small cylinder holding the soap for his bubbles high up in the air, which splashed on Eva's back. Looking at him was a little off-putting, though. "Hi." He said simply and looked away, at his now-empty bubble blower and let out a sad sigh. "My bubbles." He whimpered softly, then remembered there was a woman on top of him. "Oh, uh. Yes. I'm Bob. Nice to meet you." He told her gleefully and passed her a warm smile.

As fast as she got the jump on him, she was being pulled away by another woman. His gaze now focused on her, Bob smiled at her too, though didn't bother to get up.

Eva smiled at Bob and giggled when he said 'My Bubbles,' ... he sounded like a little kid when he said that and she found it funny. She gave him an apologetic smile, "Hi Bob. I am Eva. Nice to meet you. Sorry about that."
She got up.

Xanthia sighed, reaching a hand down. "Off the ground Mr. Bob. I'm Xanthia, Van for short." Her voice had a tired tone to it. Within a few hours, she had introduced herself to half the number of people she would meet in a whole year. So what next? Half the world will know my name, who I am? She kept her thoughts to herself, staring down at the man.

Bob gave Xanthia a confused look. "Xanthia. Van?" He said and grabbed hold of her hand. "How's that connected?" He thought aloud as he was being pulled up. Now up, the boy reached down again to pick up the pieces of plastic once used to blow bubbles with, but were garbage in nature. After stashing them away he looked over at everyone gathered there, then over at a tree branch. His hands slid into his pockets.

So maybe the bitch wasn't crazy.

There was a seven-foot tall giant in front of them. He had appeared in a flash of lightning and a class of thunder. Musclebound, with harsh, but classical features; curly hair and dark eyes. Aaron supposed that the man bore a passing resemblance to the girls, but more importantly, the man looked dangerous. His hand was shaking around his medallion, and his other hand tried to hold his knife straight; but it was clearly trembling, and thus, the knife was jittering. He bandaids were starting to work themselves off, and that could be dangerous, for all involved. He didn't know what sort of diseases he had picked up at the lab. There were many blood borne illnesses. Too many bloody borne illnesses; viral hemorrhagic fevers, and HIV, things that hollowed out your insides and made you spit them out all over the floor. The giant would succumb last. His blood circulated slowly, because of his massive size. It would take time before the pathogens really embedded themselves in his system.

Aaron was so lost in the biological properties of white blood cells, and whether or not the giant would benefit more from his massive circulation slow-down, or if the small amounts of white blood cells in comparison to his mass would effect him more; he almost didn't take in what was being said. The man was saying that he was Ares. The god of war; and not the shitty game that his nerdy neighbors played at all hours of the night. No, the God of War from the Illiad. Aaron had read the Illiad in his freshmen year of highschool, when he briefly toyed with the idea of majoring in literature, but upon realizing he didn't have a creative bone in his body, had switched majors to mortuary science. It just had felt right. But he knew the Illiad. He remembered what Zeus, the King of the Gods, had said about Ares in the Illiad; he was the most hateful of all of his children. He may never have been very creative; but he had a good memory. He remembered what Zeus had said, with an almost perfect memory.

Then looking at him darkly Zeus who gathers the clouds spoke to him:
'Do not sit beside me and whine, you double-faced liar.
To me you are the most hateful of all gods who hold Olympos.
Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles. …
And yet I will not long endure to see you in pain, since you are my child, and it was to me that your mother bore you.
But were you born of some other god and proved so ruinous long since you would have been dropped beneath the gods of the bright sky.'

Zeus had -hated- Ares, and while Aaron didn't buy into this business of gods and goddesses - more likely, this was the man who had lured them here, this man was deeply dangerous and damaged in the head. That was why he hadn't lowered his pocket-knife, yet. His desire to survive was only slightly out weighed by his belief that this man was likely completely insane, and it was possible that he could out think, out manuever, or outreason him. And then, there was another. His head was spinning, as another man was dragged into the field. He seemed empty headed. Maybe another mad man? Maybe a sanitarium had burned down, and the insane people, the addled ones were running wild and free. They were encouraging the girls' delusion fantasies. His voice came out cracked and harsh:

"If you really are a fucking god, you better start explaining what the -fuck- is going on."

Eva looked at him with her bright blue eyes, "What were you doing behind this bush?"
~~~~
Ares glared at Arron, "You will treat me with some respect boy."

Xanthia shrugged. "I just like Van better. Xan sounded weird, and the letter V is my favorite, so Van." She answered, turning to face Ares again. "So..what now?" She asked after Aaron finished speaking. She glanced at Bob momentarily as he picked up the shattered remains of the bubble thing.

"Looking." He said simply, then scratched his nose, thinking it to be uncouth to pick your nose in front of someone. It was clear that when addressing Bob, one would have to be a little more specific than one would be with a normal person, he seemed a bit slow on getting what's up. But being addressed again, Bob's gaze befell upon Eva once more. His red eyes looked deep into hers. So deep, in fact, that he stared right through her. There was seemingly nothing behind those eyes, no thoughts, no presence, no reason. Bob just blankly stared at her, not thinking that he might have to say something at this point.

Journeying through the land of dreams was so much more surreal than anyone could imagine. Some were able to freely dream, freely accept that what they saw was not real, but revel in the fact that their dreams were so beautiful, so soothing. Others plagued with the nightmare of their pasts, present, and in special cases, future. What they didnt understand was that dreams were so much more than figments of one's imagination. There were truths hidden deep within the true meaning of such dreams. This was what made this particular dream so much more fascinating. She was soaring through the air as if she were a weightless being. Drooping, silver eyes gazed down upon the mountain range, the tallest that was anywhere near her town. She couldnt see her body, no, the only thing she could see was her amulet. A piece of jewelry that she worn ever since she could remember. A black ribbon held the silver, circular medal which had the full moon pictured on one face while on the other laid a dust of sand. It was odd, but she felt like she was being pulled toward the mountain, as if she was meant to go there. Then she fell out of the sky directly over the top of the mountain, but she never got to hit the ground.

Seraphinn jerked in her bed, but she wasnt startled, she wasnt frightened. She'd expected it, welcomed the rush she got as she was slammed from the world of dreams, and back into reality. Lifting a delicate, slim hand, she ran long fingers through her equally long, pastel blue hair. A yawn broke the barriers of her lips to drift over the fleshy, plump tiers as her arms slipped up over her head in a stretch. After a moment of sitting there in her nest of satin sheets, the slender female kicked her legs over the edge of her bed, slipped the sheets from her body, and rose from her bed. Another yawn slipped her lips as she gazed out of her single window to peer a the sun that shown brightly over her little house. Was it morning already? She hadnt really noticed, she'd spent far too much time last night gazing at the moon, her permanently drooped eyes slowly slipping closed as the beauty of the lunar rock bewildered her. It always would.

She'd now awakened to the soft call of birds as they sang their morning songs. The smell of bacon, and eggs wafted into her room from down the stepped just to the right of her door. She inhaled the scent, her stomach grumbling in response. Nonetheless, she had better things to do. A sort of magnetic pull seemed to lure her to that mountain now. It was like her dream was telling her what she needed to do. Telling her that she needed to go to that mountain. Seraphinn spent a few minutes throwing on some casual clothing; a flowing, white dress covered her frame, her hair was pulled up into long, twin tails. The tails reached the back of her knees...so long. She refused to cut her hair. It was something she just couldnt bring herself to do. Her feet were clad in plan, comfortable slip on, creme in coloring. She took nothing more, and nothing less. The slim girl slipped out of her room, and ventured down her stairs to the kitchen where her mother and father stood together. Dad was gathering his things for the work day while mom was continuing to cook the delicious smelling food. They both greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, Sera. I hope you slept well" Her mother chimed in with that chipper, morning person cheer. It was odd, Seraphinn wasnt much of a morning person at all. She reveled in the night, but more so the moon, or in her dreams. It was like she had some uncanny connection with these things. Some spiritual bond with the two. She waved her hand dismissively at the woman, in which she returned a light hearted laugh before she returned to her cooking. Her father chuckled having grown used to Seraphinn being distant. It was as if she was always stuck in a half awake half asleep state. They'd grown accustomed to it, seemed to understand the reasoning more so than she did. It was another oddity that she had grown to ignore. However, when she didnt sit down at the dining room table to wait for her food, her parents immediately seemed to notice that something was different. The man she called father gave her a stern gaze, and raised his brow in question just as her mother dropped the spatula on the counter, and moved to her side. They acted as if she were sick, or something was tremendously wrong. This in itself cause a small smile to creep upon her lip, her sleep ridden eyes squinting more so than they did normally.

"I assure you that I am fine. Im just going on a journey. I venturing to the top of the mountain. My dreams tell me to do so, and I feel that something of great importance awaits me." Her words were spoken in nothing more than a tired whisper. A ghost of the voice that lie deep within the short, petite girl. The things she said seemed to strike a cord in her mother because the woman threw her arms around Seraphinn's small frame. She burst out in tears, and held the girl close as if she were losing her child forever. This was odd, and Seraphinn glanced at her father in question just as he had done to her. Sera gained no solace in his gaze, just saddened eyes, and a frown. A look that she had never once saw on that man's face. Not once in her life. After a few moments of weeping into her shoulder, the woman released Sera, and gazed deep into the girl's sleepy eyes. "Good luck, My Babygirl."

The things that happened within her house were a little less than reassuring. Did her parents know something that she did not? It was a very curious thing in it's own. She shrugged it off, and took off toward the mountain. It was a few hours until the girl reached the top of the mountain. She'd taken the time to enjoy the view during her long hike; the trees, the nature, the wild life. It was so beautiful from up here....up where mist shrouded everything, and the land was so much more pure. It was innocent here, virgin soil untouched by the hand of man. She loved it. Unfortunately this trek was taking its toll on the sloth like female. Lethargically, she continued until she reached the top of the mountain. It was a surprise to find quite a few people there already. Sign one that this was definitely a meeting of importance. The next sign that she had seen, as she would have missed anything that happened prior, it the large man that stood before a group of men, and women.

He was almost god like.

Seraphinn made her way over to the group that had gathered, and it was safe to say that she had arrived late to this party. All this talk of Aries, Nyx, Aphrodite, Medals, Sons, and Daughters. Had she found an occult meeting, religious gathering? Stepping forward, she eyed the large man who claimed to be the father of two of the female whom she hadnt quite caught the names of. He was surely built like a god, but could he really be Aries? Surely she had seen weirder things. Seraphinn bowed her head to the god like man before she chimed in, her whispering voice barely audible in the commotion that had begun. Especially all the words, and rejection of the situation coming from the one who cursed a lot.

"Excuse me....I do apologize for interrupting, but I was drawn to this mountain. May I ask why my dreams brought me to this place?" Seraphinn sighed, a yawn following the large exhale of breath before she let her hands rise to rub at her sleepy eyes. She looked much like an overgrown doll, sleepy by nature, and beautiful to boot. She would love nothing more than to have an answer given to her as being awake this early was out of the ordinary, and she was more than exhausted. She waited silently for an answer, her own medal glinting at her neck. She'd not noticed that everyone else had also bared a medal like her own. Surely one would notice, and give her the answers she sought.

Anything was better than finding out that she had ventured here for no reason.

Aaron cursed his momentary boldness. What was wrong with him? Brute strength went far, and confidence wasn't going to aid him, not here, not now. He was being so stupid, and his heart continued to remind him of that. Bah-Dum. Bad-Dumb. The giant - or God, if he really was a God - had a voice like nothing he expected. He had expected either a voice that commanded, and shouted - or a thin, reedy voice that waxed and waned. One of those voices belonged to a god, the other belonged to the madman that Aaron had taken the giant for. But the voice that came out from the giant hadn't been either one of those voices. It had been a voice that was harsh and cold; almost like Aaron's own. Though the young man's voice was tinged with a desperation and a newness that this god would never have. Aaron was somehow comforted by this. If this really was a god - which he still didn't believe - he had something that this god did not, and that was the great curse of humanity and anxiety that lay unattended to, bubbling up in his bloodstream. He would always be superior to this deity when it came to neuroses.

But Aaron didn't think that he was a god. He was more likely an anatomical anomaly that because of his condition, was suffering from a delusional disorder. He suspected that this man was a modern-day Jim Jones; the messiah claimant who had manipulated not only his flock, but the American People and the Carter administration that he was a prophet of God, when in reality he was simply a sadist and a cultist. The murder-suicide that he had led had claimed so many lives - the single greatest loss of American lives prior to 9/11 that came from something other than a hurricane, or a tornado. Aaron had given a report on Jim Jones for his American History class. He had gotten a C+; his work was solid but his subject was tasteless. He had been punished for choosing his subject and sticking to it. If only he was exercising the same principle now. He was so far out of his depth. If only he had stuck the knife back in his tongue, and hadn't picked up the medallion. Now, they were about to be murdered by Jim Jones come again. It was sick that the giant was referring to these girls as his 'daughters'. His first action had been to go in for a hug. He had just wanted to touch them, hadn't he? What a sickfuck. Aaron guess he understood; they were definitely prettier than the fucker deserved.

There was another man with them. His name was Bob. How average. It wasn't a prescription pill, or a mutilation of the first woman's name. There was something very comforting about the averageness of a name like Bob. It might be the only thing that connected this whole series of circumstances to reality. But Bob was not average. He was babbling about bubbles. Aaron felt like he must be going mad, to have such a cast of characters around him, or perhaps it was only the machinations of his fevered brain. Was it possible that he was imagining this entire affair? Why would he do such a thing? Why would it occur to him to create such a horrible fantasy?

"Excuse me....I do apologize for interrupting, but I was drawn to this mountain. May I ask why my dreams brought me to this place?"

His thoughts were interrupted by a voice. Dreamy and soft; the voice didn't sound hostile, but he whirled around, knife in hand, in any case. He stared at the girl, his eyes burning colourlessly in his face. He could feel his temperature rising in his blood and bones. 103° was starting to feel more like 105°. He could feel the warmth inbetween his knees and between his fingers, the flushing of blood to his cheeks. Anxiety was overtaking him. His hands were shaking. He fumbled the knife, dropping it to the ground; his trembling hands grasped out at nothing. His bandaids were handing on by nothing more than the faintest stick of the latex. The Power Puff Girls flapped joylessly in the night breezes. One of the sores looked so enticing; skin had crusted around the fleshy, pink new growth of skin, hidden by a thin layer of paper like layers of epidermis. All he had to do was pick at it. So he did. He began picking at his fingers, the knife forgotten on the ground. His pale eyes stared at the girl. She was slim, he noticed, with long hair, hair that had obviously been only cut once or twice in her life. She was young too. They were all young. Was this some sick quasi-paedophilic cult? The giant certainly acted the part, with the way he had touched Eva - and with who, in his sick fantasy, was her sister. That was revolting. It made his bowels churn to think about it. But it was okay. He had something to exert that sickness on. His fingers.

"This guy is claiming to be a greek god. It's probably bullshit." His voice came out calmer now. It wasn't shaking so badly. His fingers took the full brutality of his nerves; skin was peeled, pulled flayed. Blood welled up, and it began to drip into the ground. Aaron didn't even notice it, despite the burning warmth. It was dripping down the medal that was still in his hand, colouring the hideous relief that had been carved on it. A sharp-eyed observer might notice that the blood on his hands looked more like oil than blood, and it was coming thick and hard; too much blood. It stained the grass, but it wasn't absorbed - it just sat there. "But you have the medal thing, so you're involved in this fucking show now too."

Status
Not open for further replies.