Children of the Gods (OOC)

Xenotrix Metamorph

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
The realms are converging. The gods most long thought dead, or the stuff of legend, are stirring. Recently, the gods have begun seeking out their children, something they hadn't done in centuries. You, are one such child. Born of the union between a god (or goddess) and a mortal, you have always felt alone. You knew that you were different, but you weren't sure why. Recently, you have found yourself in a strange place, seemingly abducted against your will. This island is beautiful, surrounded by a great sea, and home to various forms of wildlife, and covered in various landscapes. Mountains, hills, lush forests, etc...You find yourself with others like you, demigods ripped from your mortal lives for reasons you do not know, and surrounded by hazards with no visible goal in mind. With only your prior experience and a strange sensation of direction and longing, you and your peers must find out where you are and why.

Demigods often aren't aware of their true nature, kept hidden from the dangers of the realms by their human heritage. However, some demigods become aware of the truth of what they are due to happenstance, often involving a dangerous situation and a monster of some kind finding them. The more powerful the demigod, the more likely they are to attract monsters or other demigods. Even those without knowledge of their godhood often feel a strange sense of familiarity with others of their kind, noting an almost indescribable similarity.

Some information about Demigods:

Demigods are mostly immortal, in of that unlike their godly parents, they can succumb to lethal wounds. While more durable than mortals, they can still be killed.

Demigods can imbibe ambrosia, the food of the gods. Ambrosia can heal demigods and gods alike, but too much of it can burn a demigod out, rendering them grievously ill, and if too much is consumed it can even kill them.

Demigods mostly use archaic weaponry reminiscent of their ancestor's homelands.

Though demigods often discover their godly parents through happenstance or tragedy, some are chosen by their godly parents to champion them. This hasn't happened much in the past few centuries, but when it does, it usually entails prophecy or significant current events. When this does happen, the godly parent chooses a way to appear to their offspring, telling them of their heritage, while also guiding them towards some usually tragic destiny. Demigods whom are chosen often receive gifts of some kind from their parents in the form of magical items or secret knowledge. However, given the circumstances involved, these demigods tend to attract more attention from monsters, and sometimes meet grisly ends.

Rules:

All standard Iwaku rules apply
Be kind and respectful to your fellow writers
No godmoding, everyone has weaknesses, even the gods themselves
We are likely to have a big group here, so we aren't going to try to enforce a posting order, but I do ask that you try to remain active
You are allowed to play up to two characters
Characters can die if you put them into bad situations and don't act accordingly
More may be added later

Character Sheet:

Name:

Nationality:

Godly Parent:

Gifts: (If any)

Powers and Abilities: (Thanks to their godly heritage, demigods often possess some powers or gifts from their parents. Do not go overboard.)

Skills and Talents: (Demigods often possess natural talents relating to their godly parents and their domains. Of course, people often just pick up skills over the course of their life.)

Brief Background: (Really just a little about them and how their life has been.)

Appearance:

Extras: (Feel free to include whatever else you'd like here.)

Last edited:
I'm the first to ask questions yayyy!

Question #1: Will any of our characters have full access to the powers afforded from their divine heritage, or will that come later?

Question #2: What kind of face claims are we allowed to use for their appearance, if any?

I ask this for two reasons.

Reason #1: This will affect our character bios

iEM7i5n.gif

Ah, well, you do have a point.

Anyway, I would prefer characters come into their powers, simply so that none of the characters are at their proverbial peak too soon, and that any conflict will be less one sided. Plus, i definitely don't want these people to all be super powerful to the point that they aren't threatened at all by the monsters.

Secondly, i am not terribly picky with images. I personally prefer digital art, though, more specifically, realistic styles of digital art. I tend to shy away from using real people, though, and anime/manga art styles are often fine.

Hope this helps.

Might be a good idea to tag all those who showed interest and see who shows up!! :D hate to see this run out of steam so soon!!!

I haven't been able to come up with a character concept that I feel interested in playing, so I think I may have to take my hat outta the ring for this one. Best of luck to the rest of y'all, though!

I am here and I plan to make a person or two

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
Here as well. I have a couple of ideas

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
I will have to drop out sadly. I can't seem to get a solid character in mind for this :(