Children of secrecy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbon walked behind his desk then kicked his feet up onto it after sitting down. "Yes an assistant, i have allot of paper work and problems to deal with, and at times this all becomes too much for me to handle." He pulled a canteen filled with water from under his desk and tossed it to Miyong. "There will be perks like better living conditions and plenty of food, IF you say yes." Carbon shook his head as a guard walked in. "What do you want, cant you see im speaking to a slave?" He laughed as the guard informed him of a new slave inbound named Starkson. "What an idiotic human." Carbon walked towards the door and smiled. "Before you make a decision, ill show just what you'll be doing, come along slave." The guards have brought Starkson into the interrogation room and made sure he could not escape.

Reactions: CrystalTears
He awoke but still too dazed to move, Starkson screwed up his face, small lines formed between his thick untamed eyebrows. he felt a sudden head rush hit him like a warhammer causing him to feel groggy, disoriented. Taking his time he steadily opened his eyes vaguely. The room began to spin as he saw double of everything while in a state of confusion. His ear's could only just pick up the sound of deep voice's that surrounded him. The sound of his own heart thudding so hard it shook his entire body. All he knew was that time had passed but he hadn't a clue how long he had been out cold for. He was about to raise his left arm only to realize they where wrapped up in chains.

As his vision was still unbalanced he did his best to use his other senses. He grasped that he was in a room, small, made of stone. he could tell as he felt Brutus's presence but he couldn't reach the floor... If he could in some way, some how then he could call to Brutus. So he must be strung up high enough from the ground to make his earth crafting useless.

His vision began to clear. The two deep voices that were in the room came from the two draconian guards.

'Maybe i can use them' He thought.

Starkson licked his lips and grinned like a boy in a sweet shop. "What a bunch of wuss's. Can't even take on an unarmed man" he bellowed with a wolf like growl to his voice.

Guard 1: "Shut it slave!"

Guard 2: "Yeah! slave. I'll see if i can get it arranged for my kid to use you as target practice"

Starkson began to laugh uncontrollably. I've got them, too easy he thought but suddenly 3 or 4 more draconians came into his cell and carried him out. following another draconian that led the way....

Miyong, purple

It was a nice offer to be sure and to be given a choice was a nice change of the pace. The only thing that felt a bit off for him was how he had to work for the draconian, while he would not assist him in killings, he would still somewhat assist him in something. It didn't feel right, it felt off and wrong. Why was he given a choice in the first place? Wasn't he just a human slave? Was there something he was missing? What was the draconian planning to so with him? Surely he had to be there for more than just paperwork, after all he had just given at the very least half of the entire quarry a demonstration of his healing powers, and he decided he should hide his buffing powers as long as possible. The longer the better, especially knowing that it could help someone eacape and he only had five minutes to make someone stronger or more flexible or something like that. He couldn't waste those five minutes that could save someone's life.

They were suddenly interrupted by a pair of guards that appeared, and informed them about another slave coming in. Who was the unfortunate one? When Carbon laughed and told him to follow along, he nodded once and then very slowly followed him. He didn't want to go and see what he would be doing, and to see what Carbon would be doing scared him more, but maybe he could help this one slave to get out of here, that would at the very least make Miyong feel better. "Wh- what am I suppose to do...?" Miyong asked him as he was following him to the interrogation room, still walking painfully slow as possible to buy this new and unknown slave as much time as possible, there was no reason to hurry up, at least not for him, as he knew this probably wouldn't end well. Hopefully the slave wasn't injured, but then again maybe that was why he was brought along in the first place.

KARKAND SOLAS
Upon dismissing the other draconian lady, Karkand turned into his mansion; A huge, 3-story castle overlooking Ezbog, It is surrounded by a huge, thick wall to serve as protection inside the city. A virtual 'city within a city', Karkand's Mansion also has several nice, homely cottages to house Karkand's Officers, and even some human slaves that are extremely loyal toward Karkand and his regime. At the opposite end of his castle lies a much smaller stronghold, which is the Barracks that houses the Draconian soldiers that Karkand uses all willy-nilly to keep the peace, and a few utility buildings scattered about conveniently for Karkand's use.

He walks inside to be met with several of his slaves, who bow toward him in respect and walk beside him as he sits down upon his golden throne. One of the slaves, a small child, no less than 7 years old, speaks toward him a question; "Is there anything you need, sir?" He waves his claw in content as his answer, and he dozes of to sleep........

But it is cut off by viscous screaming, loud explosions, and the clanking of brutish swords hitting each other. But the real thing that most likely woke him up was probably the hurling boulder that smashed into his mansion from the second floor, nearly missing the throne and anyone else, and hitting the ground behind him with a 'THUNK!'. Karkand woke up with a snort, and looked behind him to see the rubble that was his castle. Just then, one of the Guards burst in, a scared look to his face,

"Sir, we have an Uprising!"

Karkand gave a brief sigh through his teeth before speaking; "Another one? I guess we're taking an early vacation, round up everyone within these walls soldier, and do it quickly, i want as minimal casualties as possible!" The guard nodded "Yes sir" and ran to get the others. Karkand went and gathered as much of his slaves and servants within the mansion as possible, and stuffed the utterly confused slaves into carriages and other things, Karkand led the way for his group, and he led them out the northern gate through a secret back-path out of the city. He took a brief look back at Ezbog, and saw the total anarchy that was the aristocratic fighting the poor and unfortunate, this was how it usually is, since this is virtually an anarchy, these things tend to happen within Ezbog, the City Guard is corrupted by the compensation and persuasion of the Wealthy, who use them to destroy the rights of the poor, the poor get some weapons, and cut down the wealthy until their rights are stabilized, Karkand himself, who rules the establishment, is too enigmatic for people to fight against him for 'freedom'. So the best option is to leave, wait until Ezbog stabilizes, which is usually 6-8 days, and return to a war-torn, but returning economy, and watch the profits come back like water from a newly repaired fountain. However, the boulder crashing into the castle, THAT is new. To do something like that, required quite a bit of dedication and hatred to do, and that's what Karkand feared most...are these people actually coming to realize that Karkand Solas is real, and he is the real Slave Master, the one who causes their pain and misery in the first place? that that rich draconian in the castle should be killed? And by doing that, finally earn freedom in Ezbog? No. That cannot...MUST NOT BE!!!

Karkand and his garrison were stopped right in their tracks at the ground rumbling, and then some screaming, he ordered his guards to scout up ahead to see what the heck that was, and he joined a second, bigger group to follow them toward the source. When they found the source of the rumbling, they came to look at a horrible sight: A human on the ground, right in front of them, punching the flesh and bones of one of our brethren. Poor draconian only has blood, bones and ripped up scales for where his head should be, and the man was still punching it! His hands bloody as hell. And he seemed to not even notice the group of draconians approaching him, until he finished his looting and looked up to see one of Karkand's officers bring a group and grabbed him shouting; "You savage little roach" and then the man managed to break free of their grasp, and fought back, and that's when Karkand rushed in to fight him, for he seemed quite dangerous and powerful, and he felt he could easily over-power him in the backside if he was busy bothering the officer. So he ran up behind him, just as he growled; "I shall not let you take me alive!" The ground began to shake again, thus proving he is the true source of this and should be stopped, and before it got any worse, Karkand struck him in the back of his head, knocking him unconscious. Karkand smirked and replied with mirth; "Well, friend, I think I just did." And laughed, the officer looked over toward the Draconian general and spoke in a discerning tone "Good work on taking him out but..what shall be of him now? Should we kill him?" Karkand nodded; "No, no, there will be no need for that. In fact, I think he should have a much worse fate shall he? How about we take him to one of the cruelest Slave Masters that I know of; Carbon." The officer nodded in agreement-he really liked that idea, why kill a strong man such as he when you can put that strength to work in a quarry, which is then refined by Karkand's factories for his profit anyways?

Nothing really of importance happened on tier slightly rushed ride from Karkand's compound at Ezbog to Carbon's Quarry. Upon arrival, Karkand ordered his guards to imprison the man, and to make sure that he wasn't touching the ground, to prevent him from making the earth shake again. He then ordered another guard to notify Carbon about a new, free slave for him. He wasn't worried in the least about this man going up against Carbon, for he's one of the greatest magic-using Draconians he's ever known. He's pretty well known for his magic and brutal tactic, and considering an uprising never happened. Ever, at Carbon's Quarry, having one man with the power to shake the earth would not even be a bother on his list. Carbon might even have enough room to house Karkand and the group for the week while waiting for Ezbog to stabilize. A perfect idea! Karkand thought to himself as he walked into the interrogation room with two more of his guards to meet with Carbon in the interrogation room. The man was fully awake, and seemingly taunting the other two guards, and looked like a plot of his was foiled as Karkand entered with more guards to release him and take him away. Karkand led him to the interrogation room, sat him down, and awaited Carbon's arrival.

@Vyork Ashfin @Starkson

(@RafaDark)
"I shall be in the main building, if you need me."

Etherlinda's eyes widened as she stared at Carbon and the slave that was carrying the magician before. Was he one of the elite slaves that somehow got themselves to one of the higher positions, being by the side of their elite Draconian Master? That must be it, there was no other reason Carbon would speak to a human slave like that. But did Carbon even have a slave who looked like that? She wasn't sure, she didn't know who most of Carbon's slaves were anyway. She tried to turn back to her work and reached down to lift a rock when the slave spoke to her.

"Hey, do you know something about that slave?"

She rose slowly and turned around to face him, her eyes narrowing. His voice sounded like he was up to something fishy, but that might just be her and her stupid goddamn suspicions about everybody. She forced a smile and replied, "No. I've never seen him before. I've never seen you around either, are you new?" She had a feeling he was sent here to work while she was out during her break but she wasn't so sure. Sending an elite slave down to the quarry seemed a bit harsh, did he do something stupid to get demoted and sent here?

With a suddenly smile, the human slave spoke "No. I've never seen him before. I've never seen you around either, are you new?" Remembering his mission, he was not supposed to say his name, he thought about that piece of paper the Slavers gave him with that name on it. replying to the question RafaDark told "What a shame, i was curious about his magical powers...and me? I'm Rouq the rookie, i was bought by Carbon on the slave market of other city, and you are?" Giving a friendly smile and waiting for that slave get a little trust on him to share something about her, Carbon's quarry and maybe something about Carbon as well.

Etherlinda looked at the boy curiously, didn't he know the dangers of talking about magicians? The Draconians could mistake him for one, and lock him up. She put a finger to her mouth and shushed him. "Don't talk about magicians and things like that, newbie. You'll get yourself in trouble," she looked around to make sure the supervisor wasn't hanging around, eavesdropping from behind. Her heart sunk when the boy told her whom he belonged to. "I heard Carbon is one of the cruelest slave owners. I feel sorry for you, Rouq." She held out her hand for a handshake, "My name is Etherlinda. I belong to Apophis. I'm sure you've heard of him, he's a War General."

Etherlinda freaked out a little when he stopped saying, he could see that she was a little sad for him. Giving her hand out for a handshake and saying her name and who was her slaver, he thought that she was having nothing to do with his "research" but her slaver was, because the War General Apophis was one of the Generals he get some "freedom missions" to go home but that was a long time ago. Remembering some rumors he heard, RafaDark spoke "Wait...War General Apophis? THE Apophis? Was he not dead? I thought that he died some time ago by the axe of a human, but he's alive?" Handshaking when he finished his questions about her slaver.

Carbon smiled as Miyong asked about what he would be doing as an assistant. "Well there are quite a few things you could do, it all depends how you act in a few minutes though. It seems we have a guest so i expect you to behave, or at least act how you normally would." He stopped to chat with a few guards before entering the interrogation room with Miyong. "Karkand what brings you to my quarry? I have to thank you for the free slave first before we do anything, it was getting boring around here and someone new to throw around will be fun." Without waiting for Karkand to respond he walked over Starkson and shook his head. "You brought me someone who will be of great value, but they clearly have a large will to live. We will break that by tomorrow though." He laughed and walked over to Miyong. "Slave, you are to see if this new slave has any wounds, is that understood?"

@Starkson @CrystalTears @El Presidente

"No, he's very much alive, last time I checked," she murmured. She pointed at the sheltered area where the Draconians sat, drinking as they pleased and playing card games. "See? He's right there. I don't think my Master was as active as he once was." As they shook hands, she noticed the boy ignored her question, which was suspicious. But Etherlinda didn't say anything about it, hiding her thoughts behind a fake smile.

Looking on where Etherlinda pointed and seeing that Apophis was really alive, RafaDark thought "Apophis is not more who he was...he is looking like an old salamander... An old bipedal salamander...umm...Maybe Apophis have some power hidden in himself, but i think it's a little impossible...right?" looking back at Etherlinda he asked " So, you spoke early that newbies was not supposed to talk about magic, right?" Looking around to see if someone was eavesdropping them, he continued "And you, do you have some magical powers? Or do you know if Apophis have some magic in him?" Looking at her with a little fascination in his eyes.

She thought about her answer before replying, she didn't really like this boy. "I don't know if it is impossible or not. At his household if we question him we get flogged." At his next question, Etherlinda stared at the boy. He seemed to have an unhealthy obsession with magic - that was very bad news. She placed her hands on her hips, pursing her lips. "What did I just say about not talking about magic?" she said in a hushed voice. "Do you know what they do to people they think have magic? They lock them away. Forever. Magicians never see sunlight. I heard they are bound in chains that restrict their magic, they may be well fed and given good clothes unlike the rest of us but they don't get to interact with anything."

She turned away in disgust, "Even if I had magic, why would I tell you? You'll hand me in and get an award for it," she hissed at him. "All you think about is magic, stop it! If you don't watch your mouth in this quarry the supervisor will take you away for questioning," she snarled. The mood to talk was now gone. She never knew there could be a time where she didn't want to talk to someone anymore. She loved talking. But this boy was getting on her nerves. He seemed like the type to break rules, she didn't want to mingle with him and get caught as well. Her highest priority was survival.

Miyong, purple

Miyong didn't answer Carbon, but only nodded once to wherever he was being brought to. There was the thought of running away, escaping, but he looked at all the draconian guards that eyed him where he walked down the hallway and figured it was a very bad idea. If he tried to run now he would be easily taken back and probably killed, and he had no plans on dying today. Maybe another day at another place, he didn't want to die to the hands of the draconians. They had so many lives on their conscious already they didn't need more. He had kept his distant a bit from Carbon before he walked into the new room, where he saw a very strong and capable looking man chained a bit above the floor, how could one like him have gotten taken? He looked so strong and capable, it was almost hard to image he had been taken here in the first place. The draconian, that had obviously taken him to the quarry, was there as well and Miyong avoided any means of eye contact and was purposely standing behind Carbon to hide from him. He didn't want the draconian to see him, since he was already scared of what he just might have to do. Breaking his will? What would they do to the poor man? Maybe Miyong could help him to escape... maybe that was what Miyong could do with the new position he had been offered, to help them escape when Carbon wasn't looking.

He was abruptly taken out of his thoughts when Carbon suddenly approached him and looked up to him with his lilac eyes, he was being used as a nurse or a doctor of some sort. It was to be expected knowing he had the power to heal, but... was he going to heal this man so he could work, get tortured, and then heal him to repeat it again? It was worse than torture, it was like purposely making the torture last longer. He nodded once to Carbon's order and walked over to the bound man, kneeling in front of him, before he gently took the man's chin in his hand. His head was a bit bruised and there was some dirt there, but otherwise he looked good. "Does it hurt anywhere?" Miyong spoke in a gentle tone, before he turned to Carbon. "A... Am I... suppose to.. do it here...?" He asked, referring to his magic, as he knew the other draconian was in the same room and he really didn't want to catch the interest of any other draconians. His little 'display' in the quarry was more than enough for him.

Starksons dark brown eyes snapped up as the door to his current cell screeched open. In strolled another draconian with a girlish looking boy slave. He seemed to have grown used to being a slave. He was weak that was clear. The way he bowed and hid when around the creatures just proved it. He had grown used to the life of calling someone master. Starkson remained silent. It would be best to stay shush, keep my eyes and ears open. find out what i can. He thought to himself. The draconian who entered muttered an order to the boy, something about healing. The small framed boy approached Starkson. Starkson's cautious and untrusting bloodshot eyes fixed upon the small boy. When the boy draw close Starkson pursed his lips and spat upon the floor of his cell, just inches away from the boy's feet. "i shall not allow a broken toy like you to lay a hand on me" Starkson proclaimed to the entire room. He jerked in his chains hoping to scare the lad.

Miyong, purple

Broken... This man had no clue what he was talking about. He talked blindly as if he knew Miyong just because he had seen him, but he didn't. The feeling of being locked inside a room to just see the small rays of the sun sneak through cracks, being chained day in and out, losing his memories and simply being given a name, with no past or nowhere to be or live for. The simply horror of being locked in one room for his entire life, being taken away from humanity. It was unfair for this man to talk, his words were unnecessary hard, but understandable. In the end he didn't say a word about it, he just bit it in like how he usually would do. There was no reason for him to say something against him, he was in a way right. He was broken, but he was no toy. He was a human, or so he had convinced himself as he was raised as a slave from the day he lost his memories.

"I'll simply tend to your wounds..." Miyong said as neither the rattling or the spit scared him, he would have been more scared if a man like the one in front of him wasn't chained, but since he was he feared him less. He leaned over, pretending to look for more wounds, as he made sure not to touch the man, just like he proclaimed. "I want to help you get out, since you seem capable. I can enhance anything you want for five minutes, but that's all you get. I'm sorry that's all I can do, please let me heal your wounds first. You have a better chance of escaping if you do not have any wounds. There are women and children in the quarry, all I ask is for you to break out as many of them as possible, I cannot stand the thought of them baring the same faith as me," Miyong whispered to him before he pulled away. "It's only your face, but please tell me if you hurt anywhere else," He pretended like he hadn't said anything to the man as he looked to him with earnest eyes. 'Please... Believe me...' Miyong thought, as he had yet to heal him, since he didn't want the other draconian to see him using magic.

RafaDark, seeing Etherlinda reactions carefully and silently, he thought on killing her, there and at that moment but he saw the fear on her eyes, something he thought he would never want see again. "Wait..." he spoke with a fearsome face "You don't know me..." Turning his eyes from pure blue to a bloody red "Do you think i would question someone about magic just to throw it in a prison? I was just asking about magic because i have a power to copy it! And do you think i just want to know about magic? If i wanted that, i would not be talking with you in the first place!!!" Stopping his fearsome mode and taking a deep breath, he continued " I think i should kill you now...but...anyway...it is not your fault...you just don't know me well." taking another deep breath, he talked "Sorry...can you forgive me about the things i talked? I'm just tired of all this bullshit..." Talking with a really sad look in his face "Draconians enslaving humans, Humans killing draconians for freedom and enslaving the rest of them, and for the great finale, Draconians being enslaved the same way they did to humans...You know , all that kind of crap..."

Etherlinda cowered, watching his eyes change colour. What the hell is this guy?! Every time he spoke with that loud voice she shrunk smaller and smaller, covering her head with her arms and holding back tears. He threatened to kill her and at that moment her suspicions were confirmed. A high status slave. Someone who had influence over the slaves but not the Draconian race. But why could he change the colour of his eyes?

"...the power to copy it!"

"A magic user..." she gasped. She stood up slowly and turned away, going back to lifting rocks. "Don't talk to me, magician. If anyone finds out that you are one, you're dead." She turned to look at him one more time, "I won't say anything to the supervisor."

Starkson couldn't believe what he was hearing. The boy had just revealed that he would help him. Doing so could cause the lad to lose his life. The boy may not be strong and he may not show his resistance to the draconians but deep down he was brave. That one trait is something Starkson admired no matter who it came from. The aggression and anger in his tone of voice lowered slightly but not too much to cause the draconians to be concerned. "My legs" Starkson replied. "they took quite the beating by Karkand and his lizards" Starkson made sure to emphasize the last word. Starkson felt the warm and surprisingly pleasant sensation of the boys healing abilities. Starkson whispered down at the lad "Push me when you leave".

Status
Not open for further replies.