Children of Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear. Keep on truckin'!

So question, what would you all prefer? I've created the various Flags for each House of Ascent, as well as a map of Mythrealm to show each Houses' location. Would you like a summary of each Pantheon (Their creation myth(s) and some notable members) or would you rather I kind of list out each House, name the kind of mythologies their revolved around, and let you do some of the research? If you want, I have some sources of my own research that'll help.

So question, what would you all prefer? I've created the various Flags for each House of Ascent, as well as a map of Mythrealm to show each Houses' location. Would you like a summary of each Pantheon (Their creation myth(s) and some notable members) or would you rather I kind of list out each House, name the kind of mythologies their revolved around, and let you do some of the research? If you want, I have some sources of my own research that'll help.
I vote the first one.

It may take some time for that first one if it's OK with you, and involves a more compact summary that still revolves you doing some research too.

It may take some time for that first one if it's OK with you, and involves a more compact summary that still revolves you doing some research too.
True but I believe it would anyone stumbling upon it and has some interest in it.

I also cast my vote for the first one.

Alright, so I'm basically still writing up the origin stories for each House and their current state in Mythrealm and the modern world in general, as well as listing out some notable members and what they were gods/goddesses of.

I'm really lovin' this play-by-play. Anyone else getting hype from these updates, or does the hype solely exist in me?

Not interested, but this did catch my attention, therefore I wanted to make a PSA. as a greek mythos enthusiast

IMPORTANT PSA:
ROMAN MYTHOS IS LITERALLY JUST GREEK MYTHOS WITH DIFFERENT NAMES

ANY DIFFERENCES CAME AROUND DUE TO POLITICAL FIGURES AND THOSE WITH SIMILAR INTENTS TWISTING EXISTING MYTHOS TO THEIR OWN NEEDS.

And as an avid hater of the Roman butchery of Greek culture and their prideful boasts in their originality that was a lie from the pits of Tartarus, I strongly suggest you not try to separate the same character into two entities. It's a little disrespectful to the dead in my opinion, but you guys make your own choices sweethearts ^^

Not interested, but this did catch my attention, therefore I wanted to make a PSA. as a greek mythos enthusiast

IMPORTANT PSA:
ROMAN MYTHOS IS LITERALLY JUST GREEK MYTHOS WITH DIFFERENT NAMES

ANY DIFFERENCES CAME AROUND DUE TO POLITICAL FIGURES AND THOSE WITH SIMILAR INTENTS TWISTING EXISTING MYTHOS TO THEIR OWN NEEDS.

And as an avid hater of the Roman butchery of Greek culture and their prideful boasts in their originality that was a lie from the pits of Tartarus, I strongly suggest you not try to separate the same character into two entities. It's a little disrespectful to the dead in my opinion, but you guys make your own choices sweethearts ^^
Thanks for the little message, but I kinda already got that covered :/

If you read the intro at all, the pantheons are split up and compacted into different 'houses of ascent'. The Greek Mythos is House Theous, and it's literally stated in the OP that I simplified it by putting Roman and Greek mythology together for the sake of simplicity (for instance, Ares can be called Mars from time to time in the RP, but it's really just a nick name. Like calling a Richard by the name of "Dick") to join, I even compacted the collection of African pantheons into a single house due to how seperated it is.

Also a note, I don't mean to be rude but that was a little out of no where since you didn't really bother to read anything in the OP before stating the seperation of Greek of Roman mythologies, especially since I already DID put them together. So that statement was a tad obnoxious and useless.

EDIT: Still working on the whole summaries and stuff. I figured out an easier way to get it done, but my draft was magically deleted into oblivion and I'm currently rebuilding >;(. Hope ya'll are still interested, might have it up by tonight if I'm lucky with the help of my lord and savior Caffeine.

So the big mess that is BBCode is REALLY irritating me and pushing me back, so I'm gonna have to leave the summaries to a WIP, but I'm more than happy to assist anyone who's not sure which deity to choose or even which pantheon to choose. Sorry for the inconveniences :(

So the big mess that is BBCode is REALLY irritating me and pushing me back, so I'm gonna have to leave the summaries to a WIP, but I'm more than happy to assist anyone who's not sure which deity to choose or even which pantheon to choose. Sorry for the inconveniences :(
Eh what happens, happens.

I am very interested in this! Is there a limit to how many characters we can have, or how many are from each house?

I am very interested in this! Is there a limit to how many characters we can have, or how many are from each house?
You can have as many as you want as long as you can handle it! And no limit on the House of Ascent either.

Sorry for the delay btw, I might be swamped with schoolwork for the rest of the week for finals and all for this semester. I'll check back in when I have the time!

Reactions: Salt Lord
If @KthuluKhild doesn't have the time to run this, I'll gladly offer to keep it alive. It seems a shame to have an RP with so many interested people die in the Interest Checks

Let's hope he remembers this.

Will you still accept more people? This looks really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.