Children and Manners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that I have said has been 110% serious.

HEY GUYS.

GUESS WHAT?

THIS IS ALSO...

...NOT A FUCKING DEBATE THREAD.

Now everyone hug, make-up and get back on topic.
On that note, I'm super confused. What exactly is the difference between a Debate thread and a Discussion thread? (pls excuse my 19 post level of newness)

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
sw07sw3954yu.gif

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Honestly, to me depends on remodeling. My cousin are also all trying to get rib thin. You look at these men, women in the magazines and don't even care if they are all over the place to read, learn and stimulate their minds.

Well thats all for me here. Topic jumping.

Well if anything. This thread is the most passive agressive display of bad manners I've seen in two hours. Two hours ago my friend was here. He got you all beat. He was also drunk off his ass. So he got bonus points.

@Grumpy - how about a trial closure of the General Forum? Lock it all down for a week, then see if anyone learns.

In answer to the topic at hand, I think having a community of positive role-models is the best solution. Good parenting is great, but when all that gets flushed down the shitter the moment they go to the bus stop/school/corner shop then we're back to square one. My mother was a teacher for many years and all her kids were perfectly behaved until the moment they met their parents at the school gates. And then they deteriorated into Little Emperors.

Consistency is the key for our younglings.

2779b87c463840cec0b3416f75af0daa.jpg

He has a thing or two to teach children about manners.
tumblr_mgq773aGeH1r7yk82o1_500.gif

---
My parents raised me pretty strictly when it comes to manners. We were raised to say please and thank you, to hold the door open for people, ect. Though these days I'm kind of lazy when it comes to i'm find how are yous and thank you when someone opens the door for me. I kinda scuttle by with an awkward look on my face orz. But I think it's incredibly important for people to have good manners, since parents can be very lazy about that sometimes.

Where I am, manners is important. People are usually jovial and friendly with each other, but we all place a lot of emphasis on respect to elders and your seniors. And while some might think manners aren't necessary, it's still a good feeling to be pleasant and polite to others, and be treated like that in return. I've found that being ceaselessly polite to rude people can also throw them off.

And politeness does not equal lack of common sense. Parents teach their children manners, but it's also essential they also teach them to be smart about who they talk to or who they trust. Just because you don't trust someone doesn't mean you have to be rude, it only encourages negativity between you two in the end.

Also on that note, I can't believe you actually cut your sig down to a particular set like that. o.o For a while I just thought it was some weird coincidence that I kept getting the Master over and over.
I didn't really cut down.

I made a separate rotator account for the master collection.
I can switch back to my 200+ one anytime just by changing the link in my sig.
What exactly is the difference between a Debate thread and a Discussion thread? (pls excuse my 19 post level of newness)
Other's already linked the thread.

But a general rule of thumb I've found useful to help (Cause the link relies a bit on subjectivity and personal interpretation of a thread) was that if both parties are simply stating an opinion and then dropping it then it's discussion. If the opinions start to go back and fourth with one another (friendly or not) it's considered a debate.

In other words:

Discussion = Everyone comes in and says their piece then leaves.
Debate = Everyone says their piece and then compares.

Last edited:
  • Love
YOu don't have to leave for it to be discussion gwazi. Discussion implies there is no wager of opinion against opinion.

Debates tend to be inherently competitive, in that you are trying to prove a point or a argument and legitimize your standpoint.

A discussion on the other hand is a relaxed conversation about a subject.

I'm talking in regards to what Iwaku considers to be a Discussion Thread vs a Debate Thread.
Not what I personally find the meaning of the two to be.

Though I will grant that saying 'leave' was poor wording.
For it to count as a Discussion thread on Iwaku you can still stay and take part, you just can't keep going back and fourth on a certain opinions. Sharing opinions? Sure, challenging or questioning someone else's though? That's where it tends to be classified as a debate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.