???
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, an assortment of others. Ask and you shall receive (an answer).
I was thinking about some old cartoons I used to watch the other day and it inspired me to make this thread. Share an old show you used to watch when you were a kid, whether well known or extremely obscure!

Justice League, Transformers, and X-Men were the shows I'd stay up late watching reruns of. Some cheerios and sprite and I was all set for an entire afternoon with these cartoons.

What about you guys?

:cookie:

Reactions: Bone2pick
12558778.jpg

Yabba dabba doo!

250px-Scooby-1969-title.jpg

This and A Pup named Scooby Doo were two of my favorite cartoons growing up :D A Pup Named Scooby Doo had such a catchy intro theme that it's been years since I've seen it and the lyrics are still fresh in my mind! Whenever I stayed at my grandma's house, I'd drape a blanket over my shoulders, sit with a bowl of corn flakes and watch episodes of both every morning!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tabitha and Dipper
The most influential cartoon of my childhood was far and away Batman: The Animated Series. To this day I still marvel at its artistry, tone, noir aesthetics, and character interpretations. I imagine even most non-Batman fans would admire the quality that went into the series.

Edit:

Last edited:
In no particular order:

MIB
Godzilla
Sonic the hedgehog (the saturday one, not the one with the plot)
Sonic Underground
Batman Beyond
DBZ
My Little Pony (80s one)
My Little Pony Tales
X-Men: Evolution
Reboot
almost everything on Toonami
Street Sharks
Swat Kats
the dog version of Swat Kats that I can't remember the name of
Arthur
Zaboomafoo
The Big Comfy Couch
Danny Phantom (well I was a teen by this time but whatever)
there was an animated kids version of Starship Troopers, I think it was called Rough Necks. I was all about this series as well. Ironically it came on right before/after MLP
Beast Wars
Wild Thornberries
there was also a Jumanji TV series I think I was pretty into
Static Shock
Bill Nye the Science Guy
Recess
RocketPower
Even Stevens
Lizzie Maguire

I watched quite a few others but I think these were the only ones I was pretty obsessed with.
I watched a lot of TV lol

I think the most influential was probably DBZ, since it was my gateway into anime. I watched a ton of anime, but it mostly didn't air on TV so I didn't list it here.
Otherwise, I'd probably go with Batman Beyond or a Sonic series, because despite the shifts both franchises have taken I remain a fan of both. -,-

Last edited:
Absolutely loved Scooby Doo as a kid.

Then there's Courage the Cowardly Dog, which terrified the shit out of me. To this day I have no idea how it was considered a kid's show.

Reactions: Kitti and Dipper
I pretty much watched everything when I was a kid, some more than others. If it's an show, obscure or otherwise, I probably seen it at least one. All of the Scooby Doo shows have always been my jam.

Reactions: Dipper
Ok here we go, nostalgia bomb time

Goosebumps

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Catdog

Rugrats

Ahhh Real Monsters!

Angry Beavers

The Wild Thornberrys

Ren & Stimpy: {how was this a kids show? }

Rocko's Modern Life

Rocket Power

The Fairly Oddparents

Chalkzone

Keenen & Kel

The Amanda Show

The Secret World Of Alex Mack

Ned's Declassafied School Survival Guide

Danny Phantom

Drake & Josh

Animorphs

Recess

Kim Possible

The Proud Family

Lizzie Maguire

That's So Raven

Brandy & Mr Whiskers

The Suite Life Of Zack & Cody

American Dragon: Jake Long

Dave The Barbarian

Magic Mountain

Johnson & Friends

The Toy Shelf

Play School

Bananas In Pyjamas

Art Attack

The Animals Of Farthing Wood

Totally Wild

Jeopardy

The Parallax

Round The Twist

The Ferals

Feral TV

Cheez TV

Rollercoaster

Angela Anaconda

Saturday Disney

The Saddle Club

Babar

Soupe Opera

Wishbone

Sabrina The Teenage Witch

The Magic School Bus

The Bluffers

Freaky Stories

Grizzly Tales For Gruesome Kids

Silversun

Creature Features

Atomic Betty

Little Bear

Franklin

The BIG Knights

There's probably a bunch more I'm forgetting too. XD

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Going through this thread just brings back so many memories ;^; My house didn't have Disney Channel at home so when I went to visit my grandma I sat right in front of their tv just watching everything I couldn't watch at home.

However, I am looking for a show that I remember was airing on Nickelodeon but I cannot remember the name of it. I vaguely remember the plot? It wasn't a cartoon though. There were real actors and some juicy early 2000 CG effect on the aliens. There was a teen who had like 3 or 4 purple aliens living in either his room or his attic. The aliens had some other alien who they kept communicating with back on their own planet or something. I don't think his family knew about the aliens living in their house? I keep thinking that the show was called Billy and the blob but I cannot find anything if I google. Anyone knows what show I'm talking about or did I dream it all? D8

• Bucket of Rainbows
p507092_b_v8_aa.jpg

That was the stuff for meeee.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Gargoyles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
G.I. Joe
My Little Pony
X-Men
Aladdin
Bonkers
Darkwing Duck
Looney Toons
Samurai Pizza Cats
Beetlejuice
Batman: The Animated Series
Rugrats
Timon and Pumbaa

Probably more but my memory is bad. lol

However, I am looking for a show that I remember was airing on Nickelodeon but I cannot remember the name of it. I vaguely remember the plot? It wasn't a cartoon though. There were real actors and some juicy early 2000 CG effect on the aliens. There was a teen who had like 3 or 4 purple aliens living in either his room or his attic. The aliens had some other alien who they kept communicating with back on their own planet or something. I don't think his family knew about the aliens living in their house? I keep thinking that the show was called Billy and the blob but I cannot find anything if I google. Anyone knows what show I'm talking about or did I dream it all? D8
Shot in the dark, Journey of Allen Strange?

Reactions: Mojo
Going through this thread just brings back so many memories ;^; My house didn't have Disney Channel at home so when I went to visit my grandma I sat right in front of their tv just watching everything I couldn't watch at home.

That does sound extremely familiar. Could you be thinking of a movie? I know there was a movie with that exact premise back in 2008 or '09. I also recall there being an animated show similar to something like that, but I could have just been hallucinating that.

Shot in the dark, Journey of Allen Strange?

Neither of them, but out of curiosity I checked them out and Journey of Allen Strange looks pretty scary for being a kids show LOL

That does sound extremely familiar. Could you be thinking of a movie? I know there was a movie with that exact premise back in 2008 or '09. I also recall there being an animated show similar to something like that, but I could have just been hallucinating that.

I found the show!! I remember that it had like... Blob in its name and then I googled The blob heads and there ya go :D It's from 2003 and there's not much information about it. The Blobheads (TV Series 2003– ) - IMDb if you're curious!

Reactions: Shiri and Dipper
Neither of them, but out of curiosity I checked them out and Journey of Allen Strange looks pretty scary for being a kids show LOL

I found the show!! I remember that it had like... Blob in its name and then I googled The blob heads and there ya go :D It's from 2003 and there's not much information about it. The Blobheads (TV Series 2003– ) - IMDb if you're curious!

Looking at screenshots is giving me flashbacks. I remember this. Wow.

Nice sleuthing :cookie:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mojo
I was super into Sailor Moon when I was a kid. It came on like a half hour after I got out of school, so it was perfect. I also really liked Cow & Chicken.

I recently dug up an oldie, Capitol Critters. It was short lived, but it was one of those random things that stuck with me over the years and I finally put google to work and found it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
In no particular order:

Swat Kats
the dog version of Swat Kats that I can't remember the name of

road_rovers_us_by_mdtartist83-d8rclo3.jpg

And in a similar vein... Freakazoid.

maxresdefault.jpg

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers is something I remember to this day specifically because of this Youtube poop:

In the early days of Cartoon Network, they mostly showed old Hanna-Barbera cartoons (Super Friends, Space Ghost, Herculoids, etc.) but they also had newer ones like this gem:

And of course I loved Gargoyles. Even years later I would watch reruns on the Disney Channel and still enjoyed them.

Last edited:
These days I'm not sure what's going on with the shows today but before these were the shows I watched. Some at least.

Inspector Gadget
Rugrats
Xmen Evolution
Batman Beyond
Tailspin
Captain Planet

I love love loved Gargoyles.
I was so into Scooby Doo as a kid that my beloved stuffed animal that napped with me was a Scooby Doo.
A show that I remember thinking was just the funniest as a kid came up in conversation the other day and I haven't thought about it in a long time before:
Action League Now.

• Bucket of Rainbows