Childhood shows and nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depend's on how you define "Still feel no shame for watching".

If you mean strictly shame? Then none.
Shows I watched as a kid were meant for kids, it was to be expected.
There's no shame in little me watching them.

If you mean in a "I'd rather not see it as a adult!" though?

Then probably all of them.
I still get nostalgic feelings from stuff like the theme song.
But I know pretty well that as I get into it that will fade, and I will all the holes in it.

I didn't tend to get involved into any shows that were designed to also entertain adults until early teens.

And before someone who knows me go "What about last airbender that you're currently watching!?".
I didn't see it as a kid, other than brief scenes as a channel flicked, so it doesn't really count.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Depend's on how you define "Still feel no shame for watching".

If you mean strictly shame? Then none.
Shows I watched as a kid were meant for kids, it was to be expected.
There's no shame in little me watching them.

If you mean in a "I'd rather not see it as a adult!" though?

Then probably all of them.
I still got nostalgic feelings from stuff like the theme song.
But know pretty well that as I get into it that will fade, and I will all the holes in it.

I didn't tend to get involved into any shows that were designed to also entertain adults until early teens.

And before someone who knows me go "What about last airbender that you're currently watching!?".
I didn't see it as a kid, other than brief scenes as a channel flicked, so it doesn't really count.
^Preach.

Also, Avatar: The Last Airbender is great. That was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. :3

Ed, Edd n Eddy. Scooby-do, Gundams, DBZ, Fosters Home, Dexters Lab, my Gym Parter is a Monkey, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Ed, Edd n Eddy. Scooby-do, Gundams, DBZ, Fosters Home, Dexters Lab, my Gym Parter is a Monkey, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Oh, God, Courage the Cowardly Dog. That was a great show. So were Fosters, Dexter's Lab, and MGPiaM.

So, I'm a little curious, what kinda shows have you guys watched and can still watch? How did they affect you?
When I was young I barely watched TV, instead I played lots of pretend and some games. I also had a computer when I was younger so I played quite a bit of Age of Mythology or WC3 type games (I loved making maps. However, I loved a few TV shows or movies that stayed with me. Scooby-doo was great until I finally grew enough to predict every, single thing in the episodes right at the beginnings so eventually I strayed away from it. Samurai Jack IS still a major favorite of mine, cause lets be honest, a samurai with a super magical katana and an amazing set of skills sent to the future to kill a demon, aliens, evil robots and the like... what more could a 10 year old possibly want? Justice League was good but I didn't see a lot of it despite how much I wanted too. Teen Titans is another still favorite of mine since the beginning and I still love it to this day and all the characters and how they all developed in it. Fosters Home for Imaginary friends was another great show that I loved to death and watched every episode of. Besides that, my honorable mentions include: Courage the cowardly dog, despite how creepy that shit gets, Dexters Lab and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Finally and best for last. The Movie Titan A.E. This was literally the envy of most parents and even had some friends of mine get in trouble by their parents for watching and my own having to defend against being called bad parents since we have me, as a 6+ year old boy, watching this animated movie of a future where the earth explodes by an energy race that's jelly on how fabulous we look, Humans being the lowliest shit there is and yet at the same time the greatest cause "whooo human superiority!" and even scenes where THINGS DIED! Like holy shit actual violence where we get to see a human bad-ass who SNAPPED AN EVIL ALIEN NECK ON SCREEN!!! The amazingness still amazes me to no end today and I still watch the movie every now and then due to how entertaining it is.

Though I should also mention that my second favorite movie from my childhood and an actual family friendly movie would be... Mulan, partly because of Mushu <3
I also hold no shame in saying I liked Quest for Camelot though now I see my younger self's innocent ignorance. Lion King is another fave of mine along with Toy Story, both of which I still watch today.

I'm going to stop now before I through another 100+ edits of adding other shows and movies that I forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Digimon for sure. I used to watch the cheap Chinese dub rip off but it was so worth it xD. But I dunno their names in other languages apart from Chinese... but I really am looking forward to tri.

And of course there's Play School but I can't stand it now.

Reactions: GreenSea
Though I should also mention that my second favorite movie from my childhood and an actual family friendly movie would be... Mulan, partly because of Mushu <3
*Sees your avatar* *Sees the quote* *Back to your avatar*

hmmmmmmmmm.....

tumblr_static_425crh7asoo44ks4wc8ks84g8.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
I feel prehistoric with my list. =/

1. Smurfs
  2. The Flintstones
  3. He-Man
  4. The Monkees (Anyone else remember when they played this on MTV?)
  5. G.I Joe
  6. Ghostbusters (The cartoon!)
  7. TMNT (The original! None of this Nickelodeon shit they have now.)
  8. The Wonder Years l
  9. Clarissa Explains it All
  10. You can't do that on television
  11. Salute Your Shorts
  12. Looney Toons
  13. Fraggle Rock
  14. Friends
  15. Saved by the Bell
  16. Ally McBeal (Why did they have to end it? Whhhhyyyyyy?!?!)
  17. Melrose Place
  18. Stargate SG1
I can watch any of those shows today and still get all giddy the same way I did when I was younger. :)
Animaniacs
Yes!!! Omg, so much yes!

*Sees your avatar* *Sees the quote* *Back to your avatar*

hmmmmmmmmm.....

*Image*
Since you're clearly curious, he's surprisingly a dom as far the pictures go.

Jokes aside though, he's one of my favorite Disney characters and the most adorable. I might go and make a Mushu set eventually to replace my current one.

Now I demand you fear me!

NEqx7cC.gif

Reactions: Esmeray
Status
Not open for further replies.