1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
What movie from your childhood do you think had the biggest impact on you?

Reactions: lepidoptera
The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, the Harry Potter films.

The sex tape my grandfather left for me in an ornate shoebox of the finest curated Nike-branded cardboard, buried beneath a mound of ceremonial robes and the tanto he used to commit honorable seppuku. Before my father passed he said to me, "With my dying breath, I bequeath unto you the hidden tantric techniques of our bloodline, in grainy, wrinkly resolution. Son, this... this is the first day of the rest of your life."

And it was.

Probably Empire Strikes back. For obvious reasons.

:cookie:

Oh mannnn. Hmm, I think Lord of The Rings.

I bonded with a lot of other kids through pretend The Lion King. One of which is one of my best friends today. <33

George of the Jungle

This movie helped me realize the beauty of men. You're all beautiful...especially you, 1997 Brendan Fraser

And also, Sleeping Beauty. The scene where Maleficent appears through the wall in the castle scared me shitless, and it still does today.

In no order... The Animated Rankin Bass Flight of Dragons adaptation, as well as their adaptation of the Last Unicorn (though not so much as the book, I still love it 100%!, Mirror (the Tarkovsky film, long story how it was a 'kids' film), My Neighbour Totoro, Bedknobs and Broomsticks...

... And Shizuochan's grandfather's sex tape.

Definitely Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of The Rings. That movie is probably what set me on the path to taking up writing :"D

The Prince of Egypt, for sure. It still gets me all in the feels when I watch it both in terms of nostalgia and awe.

Rikki Tikki Tavi — it still influences me today. Imo Rikki is an impeccable example of the noble warrior archetype.

• Love
Everything about me can be traced back to The Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride

I kinda have a list, but I think that’s not a bad thing. Some that have fueled a love for stories and companies that tell them.
Prince of Egypt and Joseph King of Dreams - Dreamworks
Snow White, Dumbo (Man those Pink Elephants scared the shit out of me), Eight Below (the tears), Fox and a Hound- Disney
King and I, My Fair Lady, Sound of Music - various other musicals that led me to dancing around the lounge room as a child singing to my hearts content.
Barbie the Nutcracker - I started ballet dancing because of it. Ah, memories.

Reactions: Esmeray
Old Studio Ghibli movies, between Totoro and Spirited Away.

How to Train Your Dragon. 100%.

Megamind and A Knight's Tale are close seconds.

THE LAND BEFORE TIME MOVIES and THE IRON GIANT!
All of you are heathens for not even mentioning them.

Uuuh, I think I was a big fan of Fantasia, the brave little toaster, George of the jungle, Tarzan, Aladdin, Mulan, Treasure Planet, Shrek, OH and let’s not forget Atlantis. Prince of Egypt was a big one for me, and spurred my love for Egyptian art and culture (I even named my first Hamster Khonsu after Karnak’s egyptian god of the moon.) OH I also liked Sinbad! That was a good movie. Eris is sexy. I also watched Kiki’s delivery service at a young age, and several Pokémon movies. Spirited away I saw when I was around 8 I think? Definitely spurred my love for Ghibli films.

I could probably go on and on.

Uuuh, I think I was a big fan of Fantasia, the brave little toaster, George of the jungle, Tarzan, Aladdin, Mulan, Treasure Planet, Shrek, OH and let’s not forget Atlantis. Prince of Egypt was a big one for me, and spurred my love for Egyptian art and culture (I even named my first Hamster Khonsu after Karnak’s egyptian god of the moon.) OH I also liked Sinbad! That was a good movie. Eris is sexy. I also watched Kiki’s delivery service at a young age, and several Pokémon movies. Spirited away I saw when I was around 8 I think? Definitely spurred my love for Ghibli films.

OH YEAH LAND BEFORE TIME

I remember those! I used to watch them all the time- I even had the weird old point and click video games. Remember those at all?

OH YEAH LAND BEFORE TIME

I remember those! I used to watch them all the time- I even had the weird old point and click video games. Remember those at all?

Yeah they were so cute. Chomper was one of my favorites. I didn’t even know they had video games, or maybe I did and just don’t remember it.

OH YEAH LAND BEFORE TIME

Yeah they were so cute. Chomper was one of my favorites. I didn’t even know they had video games, or maybe I did and just don’t remember it.
Chomper was awesome, though my personal favorite was Petri (Pitri? Petree?).

And yeah, I think they had two, if my memory is to be believed. One of the minigames scared the crap out of me as a kid, though- it was a huge blind maze you had to help Sarah through while collecting leaves, and if you turned the wrong corner, you'd get chased by a T-Rex. I got really good at mazes XD