Chicken (In)humanity [NSFW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids (and Animals) Who Fail Classic Mirror Tests May Still Have Sense of Self

8gCUOUg.png

Last edited:
Not gonna say to much on the subject other than the fact that I worked in a slaughterhouse for a year and it's some messy business, let me tell you. It's a shitty job and a horrible process that is incredibly effective on killing a large quantity of animals in the most humane and clean way possible; and that's a damn hard job to keep clean man. You know what it's like to wade through a foot of blood to unclog a pipe full of god knows what? But that's beside the point.

Point is that poultry, beef, pork and various other animals are delicious. We're on top of the food chain and we've gotten quite efficient at remaining there.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I've been exposed to such videos for awhile now and must admit that I still eat meat. Why? I require meat in order to survive. With that being sad, I don't play around with my food for that very reason. If they must die for me to live, then so be it but I won't allow their sacrifice to go in vain. If I chose to starve myself to death, I would've wasted all of those lives already killed to preserved mine. Yeah, I could simply eat vegetables instead but isn't that basically just doing the same thing or is it different because these lives can't bond with us the same way animals do? As I see it, with either choice, you're killing something, with the only difference being personal preference. That's how I view it anyways.

Me: Yes, I don't want the animals to suffer, but I'm still going to eat meat.

Vegan: Well, would you eat your cat?

Me: No, of course not, because he's my pet....actually, on second thought, yes, I would eat my cat if it came right down to it. Because he would totally eat me. If I fell out of the shower and died and was all nice and moist, my cat would eat me, eyeballs first.

And why aren't plants considered important? Plants are living things, why do you allow them to be harvested by uncaring machines? Some plants never even see the light of day. They're just packed in artificial soil with artificial light in some huge warehouse somewhere. They never get to feel the cool breeze on their leaves. Then they're just packed in bags and allowed to suffocate.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
I'm assuming you didn't bother to read the article o_o (since the link was broken). I provided it to introduce new perspective from new research about what constitutes being self aware. You are free to interpret it any way you wish.

And the photo was just food for thought. You're free to interpret it any way.

Last edited:
And the photo was just food for thought. You're free to interpret it any way.
In all seriousness: I owned two birds growing up, both were cockatiels. This little shit is named Teake, and he's still alive after 22 years. He can't fly anymore, but he can recognize me whenever I visit my dad and is comfortable around me, whereas he isn't with strangers. Cockatiels are social animals, meaning that, and I must stress this, they're evolutionarily programmed to seek a pack mentality with whatever happens to be around. When the other cockatiel (Aaron) was alive, he'd tolerate people for a short amount of time before biting you so he could go back to Aaron's side. Now that Aaron has been dead for over five years, he's mellowed out because there are no other cockatiels, so he's settled on the next best thing in his environment: Humans.

Teake is still dumb as a rock. He tries to fly even though he's been entirely incapable of it for years. Sounds and images coming from a TV, or even a radio, completely fool him whereas it didn't fool my dogs. (ex: If the TV shows images of an eagle and it starts screeching, Teake will duck for cover and start screaming in terror.) He once attempted to land in a pot of boiling water years ago, back when he could fly. I've even seen him repeatedly attempting to nibble on cooked chicken and pieces of pizza, despite being completely incapable of processing meat: Teake is, by every stretch of the imagination, retarded. Far, far beyond human child retarded, we're talking complete full blown idiocy that would result in him likely getting himself killed within a day of not being supervised. Like, any random ole' crow would pick him off, no problem, no contest, and Teake likely wouldn't even see it coming.

Does that make him any less of a pet? No. I still love him, he's still a pet I grew up with all my life.

Does that make it immoral of Australia to consider them a pest species that overruns their agriculture, which sometimes inspires them to call open season on the little feathery fuckers? No. No it does not. They're nowhere near human-level intelligence or sentience and sometimes, culling them to prevent their population from overrunning human interests such as farming basic non-meat foodstuffs is a necessary part of civilization.

Keep in mind, that's just slaughtering them and using pesticides to try and discourage them from going near human lands. I could bring up literally dozens of examples, worldwide, of human beings en masse slaughtering wild animals that are considered pest species to prevent them from maiming their own environments (deer) or mercilessly destroying farm crops (gophers). Even my favourite pet animal of all time, the ferret, is considered an environmentally-threatening foreign pest in New Zealand, and breeding them there is considered illegal without special licensing.

We are in every single part of the ecosystem at this point. Ceasing the consumption of meat will not stop mass slaughters and systemic abuses of animals. At the very least, eating them after we kill them is the rational, human thing to do. It gives their slaughter some meaning.

Make of that what you will, of course. Just figured if we're gonna revive this thread I'll iterate this point one more time.

Last edited:
I thought this thread got locked down because of people trying to debate in it?

I thought this thread got locked down because of people trying to debate in it?
Nah, this one just petered out. There have been a few threads like that recently, so mixing them up is kind of understandable.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread ends up getting the lock too, now that it has been revived. :P

Good idea, Jorick.

You fucking Jew-loving child-molesting nigger son of Hitler.

I hate Great Migrationers. Every single one of them. They should kill themselves. They can't debate for shit and are all gay and stupid. They should fuck off back to their own site and have sex with each other.

Good idea, Jorick.

I hate Great Migrationers. Every single one of them. They should kill themselves. They can't debate for shit and are all gay and stupid. They should fuck off back to their own site and have sex with each other.

Good idea, Jorick.

No, no, not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

We don't eat animals that we categorize as pests though. There are domesticated food animals and pest animals. Different categories ...

Also, the picture of the pigeon was meant to highlight easy it is to make other animals seem like they are human, so be cautious when making the same claims about plants.

Anyways, I wanted to give some food for thought regarding what we exactly define as consciousness or self-awareness. For example, gorillas will fail the mirror test .. yet they are clearly self aware. Same with children in Africa (viz. SciAm article).

If it came down to it I would eat a pet. Hell, I'd eat a person if they were deep fried. I think we'd taste horrible otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.