Chicken (In)humanity [NSFW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been aware of it for most of my life, still eat meat almost every day. Mainly it's due to a lack of empathy for animals I eat. I really can't be fucked about the living conditions of something that was bred purposely for slaughter and consumption. I've already decided that I'm totally fine with the thing being killed so I can devour its various parts, so why should I care about its conditions as a living creature? All I care about is getting that delicious meat in my belly, and if the most efficient way for it to be produced includes treating those animals like shit, so be it. Abused chicken meat still tastes acceptably delicious to me, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
You're a heartless bastard and I agree with you.

That being said, it'd be cool if they had a cost effective way to kill the animals before they are scalded.

Reactions: LunaValentine
That's it from me. Thanks guys. You can keep discussing, if you like, but I can't read another page of this. Have a good evening!

That's it from me. Thanks guys. You can keep discussing, if you like, but I can't read another page of this. Have a good evening!
Can I throw in my thoughts?

I make a yearly pilgrimage to hongkong to visit my parents, which is about the only time I can eat truly tasty seafood. In most asian cultures, when you eat meat the whole thing comes out, whether it is a pig, or a diced up chicken, or fish, or crustacean. It is a much more intimate experience to eat a chicken with the head there. It breeds respect, in a way, for the meat.

As I was eating the crab, I realized that it was rather barbaric, splitting the shell apart and squeezing the meat from the insides and sucking the juices out. Imagine if someone did that to me!

Everyone gets to make a choice. I believe as an educated, empathic individual it would not harm me in any way to reduce consumption of meat. I can make a choice by buying grass fed meat, or free range eggs, or something that encourages a more humane treatment of animals and humane slaughtering. It's a growing and significant market pressure. I am also intelligent enough to seek plant based sources of nutrition. Afterall, a very strong vegan culture was born in Asia.

Anyone living in America who says chicken is delicious should either just eat the deep fried breading or drink the bbq sauce. Edgy thoughts about delighting in the suffering of a food animal showcase a lack of deeper inquiry into what it means be omnivorous.

I've been aware of it for most of my life, still eat meat almost every day. Mainly it's due to a lack of empathy for animals I eat. I really can't be fucked about the living conditions of something that was bred purposely for slaughter and consumption. I've already decided that I'm totally fine with the thing being killed so I can devour its various parts, so why should I care about its conditions as a living creature? All I care about is getting that delicious meat in my belly, and if the most efficient way for it to be produced includes treating those animals like shit, so be it. Abused chicken meat still tastes acceptably delicious to me, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
Which particular branch of philosophy planted such a psychopathic thought into your brain?

Hey @Asmodeus, @Brovo, where's your ubermensch now?

Last edited:
Can I throw in my thoughts?
You are perfectly fine to continue the thread—I believe the OP was just stating that they themselves have given their perspective and no longer have an interest in maintaining the thread personally.
Anyone living in America who says chicken is delicious should either just eat the deep fried breading or drink the bbq sauce.
Though a citizen of Canada, I still like chicken.

Even looking past the fact that I often eat chicken in a more basic state, it isn't the same experience to eat breading alone or to drink bbq sauce alone. I have actually tried the former.

It is disgusting.
Edgy thoughts about delighting in the suffering of a food animal showcase a lack of deeper
Also, nobody in this thread, as far as I have seen, has stated that the delight in the suffering of animals. Rather, we delight in the result of the suffering of animals.

1; Never take Jorick at face value. He often choses the most impactful way to word things for no reason. And I don't see where you get the psychotic from. His rhetoric is lazy and self centered is all.

2:I try and eat European free range whenever I can. Becouse while Jorick might not care for other beings suffering as long as it feeds him, he have chosen to stay ignorant to what meat-plants feed their would be meat. Antibiotics, tons of it. Hormones, tons of it. That meat is not by any means very good for you, and I am sure Jorick do not care to much about that either, if I remember correctly. But its going to affect those that eat the meat, and most of them would I bet, rather go for healthy meat if they could. We had a problem with Danish pigs here possibly spreading MRE meat due to anti-biotics abuse. Meatplants are a terrible solution and actually causes a meat surplus every year, so it's not a resource efficient way to do things either. I allready cut down on meat, and I am a straight up carnivore with gastrical issues regarding eating greens.

So both ethically and pragmatically, the video should be deplorable to anyone with a little knowledge and half a brain.

3; Stop trying to push yourself as intellectual saint Unanun. You look silly. You are not a better person for eating more veggies. Human are omnivores. Some of us, like myself, have trouble actually digesting plant fibers correctly. Meat, milk and fish was a reason why Nordic people grew so big and healthy you know. And the more readily available sources of protein coming to asia created a generational grow spurt. Could we do with cutting back on the meat? Yes.

Should we all go vegan or try and act like we are better becouse our diet, hell no. That's delusional.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Ah, it's good to have the old gang back in this thread.

*leans on the fence and watches Unanun run around with Jorick, Hellis and Brovo*

*pins Windsong's head in the pig-trough*

Surely we can one day replicate the taste and texture with SCIENCE, right?

Right?

Just have some munchy yummy plant matter that tastes like burgers?

.... plant matter that is genetically engineered to not have plant emotions.... >__>

Come on - SCIENCE. Surely. Right?

All is well.

With Unanuns arrogant rhetoric and wording, I don't see him running anywhere but down into the ground. If he cares to stop self promoting his own view as the one truth without anything but "I'm great", then maybe. :D. Especially since I already agree on parts of the subject, such as eating free range and merely point out the flaws in his presentation. But that's cool Asmo, you do your predictable thing and I do mine, no doubt predictable thing in turn.

Edit, I read circles when you wrote "run around". My mistake. You did not imply he would best us as far as I can see. I jumped the gun there, might be a touch defensive.

Human are omnivores. Some of us, like myself, have trouble actually digesting plant fibers correctly.
?

You can totally subsist on a sludge of all required nutrients. Maybe before we developed methods to extract proteins from grains this was impossible, and that's why ancient cultures developed fermentation to get their required vitamins from meat.

The fact that you choose to eat meat in this day and age precisely means that you place the pleasure of eating meat over the life of a (sometimes) intelligent animal that is perfectly capable of suffering. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but that's the choice you are making.

Where was philosophy to tell us that that is wrong again? You can even use it to justify that you taste > life.

o_o

*pats Hellis slowly on the shoulder*

I was using a farm analogy.... cos of the meat... farm... with the meat and shit.... on a farm....

o_o

Also, it helps if you imagine Unanun as a Vulcan Koala Bear. Just clinging to your ankle and constantly wondering why you're annoyed.

o_o

*pats Hellis slowly on the shoulder*

I was using a farm analogy.... cos of the meat... farm... with the meat and shit.... on a farm....

o_o

Also, it helps if you imagine Unanun as a Vulcan Koala Bear. Just clinging to your ankle and constantly wondering why you're annoyed.
A Vulcan Koala Bear working on a PhD in (Organic? I fucking forget) chemistry.

Worst person to have at a Christmas party.

I just like sharing. I'm not arrogant :(

Growing up my best friend lived on a farm, and they had a few pigs and cows. The pigs were really smart and surprisingly cute. Eventually my friend and his dad stunned one of the pigs, bleed it then gutted it. Best damn pig I ever ate. So concerning range-fed vs mass produced, i'd happily eat range fed animals, I believe the extra love makes them extra delicious. But unfortunately I cant always afford to eat the pigs people love, so I have to resort to buying the cheaper meats which are often the product of those horrid slaughter factories. It sucks that the animals have crappy living conditions, and I wished more humane ways of killing them en masse could be implemented, but at the end of the day i'm going to buy what I can afford.

Sure maybe I could replace all the nutrients I get from meat with vegan food, but even if I could afford that lifestyle I wouldn't do it because I enjoy the taste of bacon, ribs and steaks. So in the meantime i'll just enjoy an occasional Caesar salad with my meat. Maybe in the future we can solve the problems of animal cruelty by connecting the chickens to virtual reality systems, so the chicken could live it's entire life in a virtual field until it's humanely stunned and has it's head removed in the most polite way possible, that way we could still produce the poultry required to fill demand quotas and the chickens will be dying happy.

or maybe in the future Vegans and Animal Rights Activists will succeed in converting every man, woman and child on the face of the Earth to convert from their barbaric ways, but in the meantime we can only do our best to make people feel bad about what they eat by championing these chickens. I say we force these companies to buy more land and let their chickens roam as god intended, I don't care how many square miles it is or how unfeasible it may be, I won't rest until it's done. However, if by some chance we can't do that we should construct mini chicken condos or make these people take thier chickens for walks or something like that.

~ Free the Chickens
The Army for a better tomorrow for poultry.

The struggle is real.​

Come on - SCIENCE. Surely. Right?
Science is getting there. Science is just notoriously slow because peer review and safety and health concerns n' shit.
Hey @Asmodeus, @Brovo, where's your ubermensch now?
Right up there with "ecological disaster", "economic depression", and "literally wasting resources if we don't eat them."

As for barbarism: I've picked out, cooked, and eaten a lobster. A whole lobster. Kind of tasted like rubber, not my favourite food. I'm sorry your empathy gets in the way of delicious food as some sort of zen buddhism teaches you not to ever kill and eat anything with a pulse, like chickens. I mean, it's okay to mass slaughter plants, they don't have faces, nor protest when we mass plant them, grow them from infancy, and consume them.

We kill to survive. We are omnivores. I've already gone over this shit in detail and the fact that you think it's barbaric is great, I suppose, but I'm going to keep eating meat. If that makes me barbaric in your eyes, well, you have my most sincere condolences.

Oh, and just so you're aware, plants beg for mercy and feel pain.

Where's your superior morality now?

I didn't spend 4 billion years climbing to the top of the food chain to eat what the food eats.

That and I have a digestive disorder that basically makes vegetables murder my insides like a chest burster because of how hard it is to digest.

So, in summary, for every animal you do not eat, I'll eat 3. And I'm an environmental technology major, even.

As I was eating the crab, I realized that it was rather barbaric, splitting the shell apart and squeezing the meat from the insides and sucking the juices out. Imagine if someone did that to me!

Anyone living in America who says chicken is delicious should either just eat the deep fried breading or drink the bbq sauce. Edgy thoughts about delighting in the suffering of a food animal showcase a lack of deeper inquiry into what it means be omnivorous.

1: Imagine if someone did that to you? Will do. I'm imagining a bunch of people happily eating a nice roast of Unanun, which chatting about their day. You? You don't care about it one way or another, because...you're dead. Either your Soul is in a better or worse place for all eternity, is waiting to be reincarnated, or whatever else you may believe in, or....You're dead. You no longer exist. Either way, your corpse, your sack of meat and bones means nothing to you any more.....oh, wait, it might still mean something if you believe in some form of afterlife.

Wait, you mean imagine someone chowing down on MY flesh? Sure. No problem. I do not care. Shit, I'd donate my freshly deceased corpse to a restaurant if I felt like it. Regardless of whether or not there is an afterlife: I'm dead. I don't feel anything by the material remains of my existence any longer. All that ever was important and special about me, is gone. All that is left is a sack of organic material that SOMETHING will consume, in time. Bacteria, plants, animals, whatever. It will be consumed. That is nature.

2: Are you seriously trying to say that chicken tastes like...nothing? Nice ignorance. Chicken tastes like chicken. It has a definitive taste. Take a bite of chicken, then take a drink of water. Oh, wait, they taste different? Yes. Thought so.

• Love
1: Imagine if someone did that to you? Will do. I'm imagining a bunch of people happily eating a nice roast of Unanun, which chatting about their day. You? You don't care about it one way or another, because...you're dead. Either your Soul is in a better or worse place for all eternity, is waiting to be reincarnated, or whatever else you may believe in, or....You're dead. You no longer exist. Either way, your corpse, your sack of meat and bones means nothing to you any more.....oh, wait, it might still mean something if you believe in some form of afterlife.

Wait, you mean imagine someone chowing down on MY flesh? Sure. No problem. I do not care. Shit, I'd donate my freshly deceased corpse to a restaurant if I felt like it. Regardless of whether or not there is an afterlife: I'm dead. I don't feel anything by the material remains of my existence any longer. All that ever was important and special about me, is gone. All that is left is a sack of organic material that SOMETHING will consume, in time. Bacteria, plants, animals, whatever. It will be consumed. That is nature.

2: Are you seriously trying to say that chicken tastes like...nothing? Nice ignorance. Chicken tastes like chicken. It has a definitive taste. Take a bite of chicken, then take a drink of water. Oh, wait, they taste different? Yes. Thought so.
Apparently humans taste a lot like pork, according to accounts from cannibals.

Start eating nothing but chives to marinate yourself early, Goldy.

@Dervish

I agree with you, there's a food chain and I intend to eat everything bellow me barring it isn't endangered.

But as Unomon stated earlier:

Edgy thoughts about delighting in the suffering of a food animal showcase a lack of deeper inquiry into what it means be omnivorous
You admitting you eat meat is the same as being a masochist, admit it you monster. I bet you smile every time you eat a delicious steak or smell bacon you horrible bastard. Sure, you never flat out say you revel in the pain of animals, no one in this thread has, but me and Uno KNOW you do you pig.

Keep this up and i'll have to make up more rebuttals to horrible statements you never made.

Reactions: Brovo
@Dervish

I agree with you, there's a food chain and I intend to eat everything bellow me barring it isn't endangered.

But as Unomon stated earlier:

You admitting you eat meat is the same as being a masochist, admit it you monster. I bet you smile every time you eat a delicious steak or smell bacon you horrible bastard. Sure, you never flat out say you revel in the pain of animals, no one in this thread has, but me and Uno KNOW you do you pig.

Keep this up and i'll have to make up more rebuttals to horrible statements you never made.
On the contrary, I bet endangered animals are the tastiest.

I mean, look at pandas; those fat bastards just sit around eating bamboo all goddamn day. It would be a abomination against nature if they wouldn't taste fetching with some honey mustard and garlic.

Status
Not open for further replies.