5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
Right off the bat I have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of chick flicks, but on occasion I will watch one if there's nothing else, and on an even rarer occasion, I'll actually like what I watched. Like the Duff, for example. I thought it was pretty fun.

So, do you guys have any favourite chick flicks? Share them here if you do! Or if you don't, explain your disdain, or how you think you could better them!

I generally think chick flick are perfectly viable as vehicles for great enjoyment.

Mean Girls, Dirty Dancing, The Devil Wears Prada, Legally Blonde, Easy A are a few off the top of my head that probably qualify for the label and that I really enjoyed.

Love, Actually sucks ass though don't @ me

Uh, I uh...well...I kinda liked that movie Legally Blonde and Sweet Home Alabama (not to be confused with the song). When I was younger I also liked that movie "She's The Man" o.o though it's been years since I watched it and it's mostly because I remember it as one of the last times I saw Amanda Bynes before her downfall.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Greenie
Music and Lyrics 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I do like some chick flicks, especially when I'm feeling sick and I just want to suffer on the couch with low-focus movies that have happy endings. Sweet Home Alabama, Decoy Bride, and Easy A are pretty good ones. I also really enjoy Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, He's Just Not That Into You, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and What to Expect When You're Expecting (which I honestly expected to be hot trash).

I dislike them when they suffer from overly dramatic and unrealistic dialogue, the plot could be solved if the characters would actually say an honest word to one another, or one or both characters make unrealistic decisions that seem out of left field from reality.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Joan

Chick flick is a slang term for the film genre dealing mainly with love and romance which is targeted to a female audience. It can be specifically defined as a genre in which a woman is the protagonist. Although many types of films may be directed toward the female gender, "chick flick" is typically used only in reference to films that contain emotion or themes that are relationship-based (although not necessarily romantic as films may focus on parent-child or friend relationships). source

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I enjoy the Notebook. Only ironically. I swear it's only ironic there is nothing genuine I promise. I swear guys don't read into this I don't actually like it.

Best Chick Flick is Aliens.

true

I agree with this Aliens is an excellent chick flick to watch with your girl

Meet Joe Black, unironically.

I like this chick flick because it actually subverts the genre. I won't go spoiling it, but you'll know where the turning point is when you see it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Mr. Right. Not sure if that can be considered a chick flick, but it's the closest I can come to one.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I love the Princess Bride, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, Sweet Home Alabama and many more. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

Probably the Princess Bride is one that I won't barf to. I don't really tend to "feel" the feels associated with romance, and always think to myself the girl could do better lmao. Might be my sexuality bias. But Princess Bride was pretty fun I guess. I hate the makeover and love at first sight tropes. I hate girls being catty to each other over guys, Mean Girls and Heathers are nice subversion with them trying to get over their attitudes.

I think I might've felt some feels for some shojo or romance anime before. Mahou shojo genre is an obvious one. I want to enjoy yuri but they usually make me feel really frustrated with trying too hard to hide the gay or being fetish fuel. Toradora comes to mind as a straight romance I finished? I think, if I'm going to enjoy straight romance, it needs to have something else as the star. Princess Bride had the fantasy adventure and Toradora was comedy.

I unironically enjoy otome dating sims, if only for the "choose your own adventure" aspect, and if only to try really hard to turn down every dude in hopes of getting a girl or getting the badass solo ending. Usually I'm quite disappointed to discover if I'm not interested in any of the dudes, a depressing bad ending awaits me.

In the end I guess I'm a real sour sport about the romance genre, and my biases are all to blame. I just can't seem to get immersed in their heads and see why they want what they do...

• Bucket of Rainbows