Cheshire

A

Alarice

Original poster
attachment.php

THE STORY

September 25, 2010 ...

My uncle met her when he was only five years old, when he wandered out of his kitchen and through his back yard. He says he talked to her and she talked back to him. And at first he didn't think anything was wrong or different about her, other than the fact she dressed differently and she looked different. He thought she was an Indian or something. Oh, crap, I better do that over ... Um, Native American.

So, anyways, my uncle's parents found him, brought him back, and denied seeing the young woman who had been standing next to him when they appeared. My uncle was smart, though, and he kept quiet about it as the years went by. He visited the old cemetery on the edge of town, always talked to the young woman who never aged. He was always curious about her but whenever he asked about where she came from, she'll just say, "I wanted to get away. And here I am."

But recently, recently, my uncle's gotten real sick and he says he saw something at the cemetery he shouldn't have. Something he wasn't supposed to see. He wanted to tell me but then he had a stroke and now he's in a coma.

So this is why I've come to the small town of Cheshire, right smack in the middle of Arkansas to investigate. I've called in a few friends but I think we might be too late.

... Because people have begun to see things, and things have just gotten weirder ...

So this is a supernatural, modern RP, set in a small town. Players get to play as a human, or one of a vast number of classical demons that have begun to crop up and make their presence known, or even a ghost. Because Cheshire is a very special place and a very special place, is always just the beginning ...

We're starting on a normal day, September 28, 2010. It's a Tuesday and the townspeople are preparing for their annual town fair, celebrating the day Cheshire was founded.

THE RULES

So the rules are pretty simple!

1) Let's try to keep it PG-13, since I'm sure we're all mature players! So, let's try to tone down anything graphic, be it sexual or violent, or at least, don't go into explicit details.

2) No GOD-MODDING! If it's not your character, please ask permission to do something to or with him/her. It never hurts to ask and plotting can be lots of fun!

I'll be posting my bio here later. But I wanted to get the OOC thread up so people can post theirs if they have them already. Any questions or plotting, feel free to post here, send me a PM or catch me on AIM and/or MSN. Thank you! XD

PEOPLE TO KNOW*

Evander Lasadriel - Male - Demon/Netherworld servant - Age 526 - A demon drawn to Cheshire, he has set up a bookshop to continue luring people to the Netherworld (played by Kitti)

Renee Hartford - Female - Human - Age 23 - A tarot-reader/occultist/spiritualist, a vacation (in actuality, her dreams) brought her to Cheshire and she has set up tarot and psychic readings in the local bed and breakfast (played by Zypher)

Shayne Tulia - Female - Human - Age 22 - A mortician who has been in Cheshire for several years, she seeks to become a demon with the help of money squirreled away from her job (played by Sine)

The Cat - Male - Faerie - Age Hundreds - A mischievous faerie spirit in the form of a cat, he settled in Cheshire five years ago and has been around since (played by Porg)

Carlos Tigrillo - Male - Human - Age 37 - A former Special Forces Operative who has come to Cheshire on advice from his mysterious benefactor, hoping to find those who attacked him and his family and kidnapped his daughter (played by Grumpy)

Sidney Reese - Female - Human - Age 19 - An odd young woman with an addiction to meds, she is passing through Cheshire on her way elsewhere but quickly realizes Cheshire is different (played by Diana)

Ulric McNeil - Male - Human - Age 28 - An intern serving at Cheshire's hospital blessed or cursed with the ability to see things out of the ordinary (played by Soulless)

Vinny - Male - Ice Demon - Age 7 (appears 18) - An ice demon from Alaska who traveled far south and has made a large lake near Cheshire his new home (played by Zaz)

Emily Felder - Female - Human - Age 19 - A young heiress living in Cheshire who has only a few months to get her act together or her parents will cut her off (played by Acqua)

Father Gregory Hammond - Human - Age 78 - A priest who calls Cheshire his home, he was granted extra time ... but for what purpose (played by Tyler)

Gordon Salfrey
- Human - Age 23 - A Cheshire local, his parents mysteriously vanished and he was found locked in a cupboard; he is now considered another "Cheshire oddity" (played by Vay)

Dressden - Spirit/Kelpie - Age Timeless - A kelpie who resides in Lake Graceful Serenity, he is curious about humans and lives a double life (played by Vay)

Craig Anderson - Male - Human - Age 23 - The "narrator" of the tale mentioned in The Story; he is a college student taking a break from school to look after his uncle in the hospital and is attempting to solve the mystery of the Old Graveyard.

Note: Character names in white are NPCs (non playable characters). Character names in red are PCs (player characters).

PLACES TO GO

Lasadriel's bookshop - A tiny, dusty building, whose back room contains Lasadriel's sparse furnishings. Come one, come all, you never know what you'll find between the dusty covers of these books!

Local bed and breakfast - Said to be haunted by quite a few ghosts, this local bed and breakfast has been around since the founding of the town. This is where Renee has set up readings.

Hospital - Staffed by a loyal few, this is where one can find Ulric and get the meds (and help) you may or may not want!

Morgue - Cheshire even has a small morgue!

Lake Graceful Serenity - A large lake surrounded by mystery and intrigue ...

The "New" Graveyard - And what's a morgue without a picturesque graveyard for those who want to be buried somewhere nice and quiet? This one lies on the other side of town, opposite of the Old Graveyard.

The Old Graveyard - An abandoned graveyard on the edges of town. No one ever goes there (except teenagers spending the night on a dare) and there's a large forest between it and the closest residence. It is rather large and always eerily quiet. This is where, legend has it, the Lady, the Maiden, and the Crone dwell.

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name:
Species/Race: Human
Occupation/School/Grade:
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Talents:
Inabilities:
Fears:
General Personality:
Inner Personality:
Secret:
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:

Present Life:

Special Historic Notes:

Thank you, Kitti! And damnit, I forgot! We're using the basic bio template!

Character Name:
Occupation/School/Grade:
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Talents:
Inabilities:
Fears:
General Personality:
Inner Personality:
Secret:
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:

Present Life:

Special Historic Notes:

Character Name: Sidney Reese
Birthplace: New Orleans

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance: Dark blue eyes. Pitch black hair, very thing and cut to just past shoulder length. Small frame, thin body, tiny breasts. Pale skin.
Strengths: CRAZY WOMAN RAGE. Adrenaline kicks in and she'll be in a crazy fit. No realization how much damage has been done to herself or others until it wears off.
Weaknesses: Sydney is not physically fit by any means. Her body feels very frail and she has an addiction to over the counter meds.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: FIND EVIL. KILL EVIL.
Talents: Saying the weirdest things with a straight face.
Inabilities: Handling physical contact and social situations.
Fears: Doctors, needles, zombies, demons, the dark, people who laugh really funny, people wearing white lab coats or blazers.
General Personality: Sydney is a little "off". She behaves and looks perfectly normal, but has that "something isn't quite right here" atmosphere to her. She doesn't like people getting too close to her and begins getting antsy. The more people around, the more uncomfortable she gets. Trigger one of her no-no buttons and she will flip out.
Inner Personality: She knows she's a little wacky but is unconcerned with it. Sydney is very bitter about people not believing her when she explains things. People not taking her seriously. People trying to put her in little rooms, or talk to her in those "calm, gentle voices". What she wants is truth and retribution. To feel like she has been understood and the to accomplish her goals. ...not to feel like people are humoring her.
Secret: Sydney has been stealing meds when and where ever she can get her hands on them. Be it in a store or moments of going in to a clinic and grabbing them when a nurse's back is turned.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
When Sydney was a young girl, she was happy with her parents and older sister. But one day mommy started acting a little strange. A little crazy. Daddy died unexpectedly and things got even worse. Mommy started getting mean. Syndey and her sister were getting sicker and sicker.

One morning, things hit the fan! One moment Syndey and his sister were eating cereal, the next a couple of men had stormed in to the house. They didn't even look alive. They fight with Mommy, who herself started looking psycho and strange. One of the guys even had his head knocked off but just put it right back on. By the end of the fight Mommy was dead and the two guys had left after calling up the police.

After that was a bit of a blur. Sydney and her sister went to live with a foster family, but Sydney was never really well. She kept talking about zombies, succubus, and other monsters. Drawing pictures of dead things. Freaking out about everything. Her foster parents felt it best to put her in a hospital where she could be taken care of. She hasn't seen them or her sister since.

Present Life:
Ever so often someone at the hospital fucks up and leaves the wrong door open. Sydney snuck out. She has gone from New Orleans to Cheshire, just hitching rides here and there. Stealing when she needs something. Cheshire is just another stop in the big road to nowhere that she's going. ...but things are a little different here...

Me thwee :D
Ovaaa here ~<3

BLAH ~ Spoke to Alarice, gonna drop out :3

Character Name: Evander Lasadriel
Species/Race: Demon
Birthplace/World: Nether
Occupation/School/Grade: Netherworld Servant
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
8108135c0031b0_full.jpg
Strengths: Quick, able to take a beating, intelligent
Weaknesses: Inept as conversing, not terribly powerful except in leg muscle
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Luring humans to the netherworld
Talents: A specific demonic timber to his voice can be changed to either erase roughly ten minutes of a person's memory, or ease their survival instinct and trust in what he says.
Inabilities: Evander cannot force people to listen to his voice and interruptions detract from its effectiveness, such as other people talking.
Fears: Water, of any kind, it can do bad things to him.
General Personality: Quiet and a little bit standoffish, Evander is not your charismatic sort of demon. The only way Evander can seduce others with his voice is through demonic influence, otherwise he sounds hopeless when he tries to speak, forgetting what he was saying and the like.
Inner Personality: Evander wanted to lead a quiet life, but as a demon it isn't exactly permitted. He'd rather study ancient texts than deal with anyone.
Secret: Secretly fascinated by people, knowing well the works of great human philosophers and scientists, as well as the humans kings of literature.
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Nothing about Evander was ever outgoing. He was greatly pleased when he managed to obtain a basic, simple job in the netherworld but it wasn't enough that he was happy there. It was discovered he had the talent, the ability to charm others into trusting him and so he was sent instead to lure humans.

Present Life: Cheshire seemed to draw Evander, although he hasn't the foggiest why, and so he went there. To properly see who he could easily lure, he set up a bookshop in the town, just a tiny, dusty building, whose back room contains his sparse furnishings.

Special Historic Notes:

(Not sure exactly on what your ideas were for demons, so if I failed, go ahead and mutter and have me change it ^^)

I shall post up character sheet when I am able to! TOMORROW. <3

No, Kitti, that works great! ^^ I accept your bio!

Thank you for the interest, everyone! I'll keep plugging in shamelessly in the cbox!

Skeptic human coming right up! Then maybe I'll pull something unusual out of folklore.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p>
I’d like to get in on this if you guys don’t mind here is my character<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS<o:p></o:p>
Character Name: Vinny<o:p></o:p>
Species/Race: ice demon<o:p></o:p>
Birthplace/World: Alaska<o:p></o:p>
Occupation/School/Grade: <o:p></o:p>
More: vinny as well as most ice demons don't really eat as much a fish or 2 a week is enough.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS<o:p></o:p>
General Appearance: he looks like a normal 18 yearr old man but he has very pale skin and his eyes are of the clearest blue<o:p></o:p>
Strengths: his strength <o:p></o:p>
Weaknesses: his mind, easily tricked (he’s not all to smart and he acts his real age sometimes) and fire because he is an ice demon<o:p></o:p>
More: his body generate cold air around him that helps him survive in warmer areas.
MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS<o:p></o:p>
Current Goal/Purpose: lure unsuspecting humans then turning them into ice statues<o:p></o:p>
Talents: can freeze stuff<o:p></o:p>
Inabilities: is terrible with puzzles, not very good with confusing questions<o:p></o:p>
Fears: fire because it can kill him<o:p></o:p>
General Personality: cool uncaring yet caring and can be a little rude at times<o:p></o:p>
Inner Personality: super kind and happy go lucky<o:p></o:p>
Secret: he’s actually 7<o:p></o:p>
More: Vinny doesn’t hate anything but if they enter his new territory he doesn’t hold back.<o:p></o:p>
General History: Vinny used to be part of ice demons that lived in Alaska now his clan was known for growing faster in body then in mind. Their lives where peacefully for a time until a rival ice demon clan raided there small village and killed off all vinny’s friends and family. Luckily his parents sent him down a mountain towards some human scientist. The scientist flies Vinny to his lab. Tried as he may he could not get any usable data from Vinny so he sent him away deep into the forest near his lab. So after many months of walking Vinny stumbled upon a nice big lake near Cheshire.<o:p></o:p>
Current history: Vinny made that lake his home and uses it to get his human sculptures.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

Character Name: Renee Hartford
Birthplace/World: Madison, Wisconsin
Occupation/School/Grade: Occultist/Spiritualist/Tarot Reader

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Christina-Ricci-12.JPG
Strengths: Renee is very capable of being rather charming and seductive, her pale, dark almost Gothic beauty isn't lacking in any way.
Weaknesses: Being devoted to her spiritual followings she is rather physically weak and incapable of much self defense.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: To spread the occult knowledge that she has obtained over the years of study and to help those that need it and to find a successor and a student to teach her trade.
Talents: Being a spiritualist Renee can sense spirits and creatures not of the natural world. She also is exceptionally observant, noticing things others commonly miss. She also has an uncanny ability to know a little more about things then she should but nothing of significance and is psychic to a basic extent.
Inabilities: Sometimes Renee doesn't know how to approach people correctly and usually comes off as a bit strange or weird.
Fears: Renee's greatest fear is that she won't find a successor to her knowledge and will fade away without anyone following in her footsteps.
General Personality: Renee is very reserved around new people and likes to hang back and study them. Once she gets to know them she likes to impart her knowledge of the occult upon them to see if they are fitting students. Often times she has messages from deceased loved ones that want to impart knowledge or comfort to their descendants.
Inner Personality: Renee is a spitfire. She doesn't put up with much from the spirit world and has learned many techniques from all over the world to defend herself from rogue spirits and demons.
Secret: She has been having nightmares about Cheshire and that is what has brought her to the town, though she'll just say she wanted to take a vacation.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Renee grew up in Madison, Wisconsin and led a fairly ordinary childhood until about the age of 15 when she began to hear voices. Her parents thought it was retroactive childhood mentality where she craved attention so she made up an imaginary friend. A psychic that had come to Renee's high school discovered the girl and took her under her wing, teaching her about her abilities and the occult. Renee's parents accepted their child's gift and soon Renee was taking lessons under Madame Zorina. At the age of 17 Madame Zorina declared Renee's training complete and departed from Renee's life. After Madame Zorina left her Renee finished schooling and began to travel the world to learn as much as possible about other forms of the occult. When she completed her travels she began to have nightmares of a town, called Cheshire.

Present Life: Renee came to Cheshire, drawn by her dreams. She set up in the local bed and breakfast and has been advertising to people she meets on the streets for Tarot and Psychic readings.

So... it has been over a year since I RPed at all... I hope this character is alright, and I hope my skills are not laughable. If there any problems with my character being over-powered or not fitting in with the story, just let me know and I can adjust.

Character Name: Shayne Tulia
Birthplace/World: Anaheim, California
Occupation/School/Grade: Mortician
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Shayne is an average looking human, with amber eyes and dark brown hair. However, because she cuts her own hair with whatever sharp object she can find, it usually floats around her face and head in as many layers as an onion has. Generally, it spikes in every direction and obstructs a clear view of her face and eyes. Her skin is smooth and a deep honey color from long hours in the sun. Her attire is usually made of clothing she swiped from a clothes line or had donated to her anonymously.

Strengths:
She has a strong build, athletically muscular from running after game and living off the land. Her arms are especially structured from endless hours of bow hunting. Her skin and body are tough due to the constant beating from the elements.

Weaknesses:
Her morose eyes tend to linger on whatever is the object of her attention; generally humans are left feeling uncomfortable and avoid eye contact. Being left to herself for so long, she tends to be habitually impulsive and does not think events through. She often thinks herself capable of doing tasks she cannot actually complete. Her impulsiveness and over confidence lead her into trouble, giving her more than her fair share of injuries and scars. By no means is she unintelligent, but she lacks any strategical ability, cannot function usefully in a team, and cannot recognize impossible tasks.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
She has taken an actual job so she can save up enough money to buy a very expensive book on demonic summoning.

Talents:
Shayne is soulless, which causes her to lack most normal human emotions. Supernatural beings, like dogs, sense fear and grant higher respect to those without it.

Inabilities:
She is incapable of fitting into normal human society.

Fears:
She fears going to hell once she dies.

General Personality:
Human society is foreign to her. Whether it be from not knowing when to shut up about sensitive issues, talking at random to the demons/ghosts she presumes to be around her (while humans are present to witness), or simply envying the normal humans to a point of hatred, Shayne has always been considered quite strange. Others find her to be cold, distant, and usually quite out her mind. Well on her way to being a crazy old swamp woman, Shayne thrives when left alone to her own devices. Having spent most of her life alone, she tends to stick out in public settings. Normal human conventions such as manors or, in some cases, laws are lost on her. She gets herself into trouble when she ventures into the lands of the living. . Having cast herself away from human society, she has come extremely proficient with surviving in the wilderness. She is a strong athlete and excellent archer, which helps her hunt her own food. Also, she has become very familiar with the lay of local land.

Inner Personality:
Shayne loathes most of the human population because they have a choice that she was not given. Humans have the ability to decide what happens to them in the afterlife based on how they behave in life- Shayne will go to hell regardless. While holding a bitterness for others, she still is not a cruel person. In the deepest part of her being, she desires simply to live a normal life on Earth. But her hellish fate is so much a part of her, not even she realizes the secret yearning for true humanity fuels so much of who she is. Though her flame of hope burns softly, the darkness of despair has not extinguished it entirely, as she would have the world believe. She tends toward the doom and gloom side of situations, but fights through them anyway.

Secret:
She is trying to become a demon. She hopes that if she were at least demon, she will have some power instead of being whipped around and tortured for eternity.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Her parents were involved in a cult. When she was born, they were planning as a family to join their God-leader in a mass suicide. The God-Leader, in a moment of mental clarity and conscience, chose not to allow the baby to be murdered. Without any reason from their beloved leader, the couple assumed the baby to be unworthy for the "Moment of Triumph". They sold her soul to demons, believing death to be a fate too good for the unworthy child. Wanting nothing in return for the soul, the couple simply asked that "she be given what she deserves." Once all the adults were dead and her soul had been taken, the little baby was only survivor. Officials put her into foster care, but because of her strange and creepy tendencies (even as a small child) she was moved frequently. At the age of 10, she ran away and found a group of homeless nomads to travel with and help her care for herself. At 14, she found herself in Cheshire. When the homeless moved on, she decided to stay and eventually learned how to survive in the wilderness.

Present Life:
For the past two years, Shayne has had a job as a mortician from a local "do-good"-er who pitied her enough to employ her. She is earning money as an over night worker in order to save for expensive materials she will require in the distant future. She is homeless still, but everything she needs to survive is provided by nature. She is clean, healthy, and presentable when she shows up to work. With no bills to pay, every cent she earns is saved. She still talks to the supernatural beings she isn't always sure are present.

Special Historic Notes:
With no soul, Shayne often has vivid dreams of the underworld. During these dreams, she converses with demons and beings that she believes to truly exist somewhere. Having spent much of her dreaming life in the underworld, she has learned how to communicate with the supernatural more or less on their level, and often can get away with saying more than a typical human may be able to. She can often use this skill in the waking life.

Character Name: 'The Cat'
Species/Race: Faerie/Spirit
Birthplace/World: Somewhere in Europe on Earth
Occupation/School/Grade: Lazy cat
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
GingerCatHello.jpg

Strengths: Trickery and confusion. He enjoys spinning riddles, and though he appears as just a normal cat He enjoys messing people by calling out or disappearing.
Weaknesses: Since his physical manifestation is simply a cat his threat level is resctricted mostly to small rodents.
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Observing. He loves people watching, though he quite often intervenes to make his viewing experience more interesting.
Talents: Cat-like athletics, a resilience to damage, he can turn invisible and also is rather talented at throwing his voice. Having watched humans for centuries he has a certain talent for messing with them too. Being a Faerie he can also tell most supernatural beings apart from humans, though he may not be able to tell exactly what they are.
Inabilities: Most physical tasks are beyond him. If a cat could not physically do it then he cannot. He also lacks imagination and morals. He is not evil but he doesn't see very much as wrong.
Fears: Pain, he doesn't cope with it well as he's always avoided it, so when he does receive it it hits him hard. He also has a slight fear of being put on par with someone else, preferring to see himself as a watcher and manipulator above most others.
General Personality: A trickster and a watcher. He spends his time observing humans and playing with them. Using his various abilities and his unassuming appearance to confuse and sometimes even scare them. He tends to have a fairly neutral standing on most issue, preferring to watch how people sort it out than having an influence in the process himself.
Inner Personality: Secretly fascinated with how humans work. They seem to have quite a different set of inner workings to his kind. Most intrigued by the phenomena of morals and imagination.
Secret: Really, though he'd never admit it, The Cat wants to have imagination, and probably even morals as he is starting to find his existence a little.. well, pointless.
More: It could be said that a purpose is what The Cat really needs, at the very least as a stepping stone to his other wants.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Coming to being in Europe hundreds of years ago this Faerie ended up in the form of a cat after years of pestering humans with his cat-like ways. They genuinely believed him to be a cat spirit and so he became one, thus is the reality of the faerie race. He would travel from place to place observing the people around there, messing with them and moving on. He lived in England for a large portion of this time, eventually getting himself on a boat over to America some time in the 20th century.

Present Life: At some point during his time in America The Cat became aware of the story of Alice in Wonderland, and shortly afterwards the village of Cheshire. The obvious poetic irony too much he decided to settle down there and he been around, subtly watching for around 5 years now.

Special Historic Notes: Nothing in particular, but perhaps he would be in some sort of acquaintance with one of the other supernatural Player Characters? Just a thought..

Hope it's all ok ^^; This is the first character I've made not for Iwaku World in a Looong time.

Thank you for applying everyone! I'm ill at the moment and I owe people a few bios but I shall get on mine ... This I swear!

*ahem* So ...

Zaz - I'll message you. Maybe we can add a little more depth to your character? Like weaknesses and inabilities? I'm always open for plotting!

Sine; Zypher; Porg - I love your bios! All three of you are accepted! <3

Pyramid_head_raep_tiem.jpg

This game makes me think of Silent Hill.

Which can only be a good thing.

I'm so in.

Character Name:
Ulric McNeil
Species/Race:
Human
Birthplace/World:
Cheshire
Occupation/School/Grade:
Doctor(Or rather, intern)
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
This guy
Strengths:
-a steady hand
-relatively quick reflexes
Weaknesses:
-not very strong
-couldn't fight without smarts
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
To merely serve the people of Cheshire and make sure everyone is healthy and gets the treatment needed.
Talents:
Ulric, despite being young, has a high talent for medicine, especially involving children.
He also is a quick thinker, able to quickly assess situations and prioritize even under chaotic or stressful situations.
Being purely logical, he almost never allows his emotions to get in the way of his work.
Inabilities:
Because Ulric is so used to knowing many things, when he comes across the supernatural he panics.
He has a pride issue, which makes it almost impossible for him to empathize.
Fears:
He fears anything he cannot explain.
He also fears getting close to anyone.
General Personality:
Ulric comes off as a bit of a snob when first meeting him. Looking down upon his fellow interns and even the occasional staff, he makes it clear that one has to earn his respect to be treated like a human being. Because of this, he usually doesn't get along with anyone and would much rather prefer being off on his own to be self-important.
Inner Personality:
Ulric enjoys the feeling of superiority. Really he wishes to get out of this small town and travel somewhere where he believes his talents will be respected. Sometimes he sees things that he cannot understand, but he usually waves it off as a lapse. Although he has the ability to see things that are supernatural, he does what he can to pretend he sees nothing and go on with his day without further disturbance. If he is forced to deal with the supernatural his air of calm, composed coldness easily disappears into panic and fear.
Secret:
He can see supernatural beings.
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Ulric grew up in a small home just like everyone else, under a mother and a father who both loved him dearly but never spoiled him. He had the perfect upbringing, but he always saw things out of the corner of his eyes. A spirit, a ghost, sometimes something seen out of mythology books. He absolutely adored reading mythology books and told his parents that at one point he would've loved to go into mythology. However, his parents frowned on that idea and instead pushed him to choose a different subject. That is of course when he came upon medicine, a practice that took up as much of his time.

When he went to a larger school, he was looked down upon for coming from 'that hick village'. This made him angry and even though he didn't reply in wrath or violence, he continued his grades determined to prove those stupid fools wrong and he would be the successful one. With his determination he then excelled at his grades, being accepted into the medical school there and studying medicine. There he began to swat off the notion of unexplained, unknown things. Once out of school, he applied and was accepted for internship at his local hospital.

Present Life:
He now studies as an intern in the small hospital, frequently in the children's ward and sharing his knowledge on mythology with his spare time. However since he had arrived, he had been seeing things out of the corner of his eyes again... this time, 'they' were more frightening than he had ever remembered from his childhood. He does what he can to deny what he sees and just aims to get out of this town as quickly as possible.

Special Historic Notes:

Character Name: Carlos Tigrillo
Birthplace/World: Los Angeles, USA
Occupation/School/Grade: Disgraced Special Forces Operative

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
carlos.jpg
Strengths: Fine-Tuned Machine - Carlos is at the peak of human fitness. Hell, the man could be an athlete. He's undergone a thorough process of training for several years, increasing his body strength, his toughness and his endurance.
Handy In a Fight - Having served as a member of the military for many years, Carlos knows how to handle firearms. He's also studied Krav Maga for almost as long as he's been in the army, meaning he's just as dangerous as he is up close as he is from a distance.
Weaknesses: War Wound - Serving in the military can be a dangerous job, something Carlos knows all too well. He sustained an injury on his right shoulder whilst on active service, which still flares up and causes him pain on occasions if he stretches it too much.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: - To get his daughter back from the demons
- To find and kill the demon that took his daughter
- To kill the demons in general
Talents: Unbreakable - Being a member of the US Special Forces isn't just a job, it's a mindset. Carlos has been trained to be a brutal, merciless machine, to resist both physical and mental torture. His will is unshatterable, his focus unflinching. Once he gets his mind set on something, he's hard to stop.
Cunning - He's a man trained to break into guarded locations, rescue prisoners and blow the place to shit without ever being spotted; Carlos knows a trick or two. Adaptive and clever, he can think outside the box and come up with solutions to problems others may not even think of.
Inabilities: A Temper Problem - They took his daughter. Let's stress this fact. They took his fucking daughter. His pride and joy, the thing he loved most in the world, and they took her. Unsurprisingly, Carlos is a little upset by this. Or more, he's furious. the slightest thing can set him off on the warpath, and coupled with his particular set of skills gained from the military, this makes him a very dangerous loose cannon.
Unstable - Carlos is a man who's recently discovered there's more to the world than he was raised to believe. There's demons amongst us now, he knows, and they could be anything, anyone. He's becoming paranoid, and soon he may well start seeing demons where none actually exist.
Fears: That his daughter really is gone forever, or that she's been warped and changed by the demons, or God forbid, even killed.
General Personality: Cool, collected, in control, highly focused and determined, nigh-unstoppable.
Inner Personality: A confused and conflicted mess of emotions. Terror, panic, fury, anxiety. Unsure of whether his present course of action is the right one, terrified that he can't stop himself now even if he tried.
Secret: The Knife - Carlos came into possession of the Knife around the time his daughter was taken. He doesn't understand it, and sometimes it terrifies him, but he recognises it's worth.

What he knows is that when he needs it, when he's angry or in danger, the Knife is there for him, suddenly in his hand or within easy reach, ready to take a life. It can disappear just as quickly, too, an excellent demon killing tool.

What he doesn't know is that the Knife is a demon itself, taking the form of every knife that's ever killed, ever. Sometimes it's a World War One trench-knife, other times a bowie knife found on the dark alleys of London, or a kitchen knife found in the hands of a furious housewife. The demon thrives on murder, and has now taken to hunting it's own, driving Carlos to track and kill them. It's also his 'mysterious benefactor', further twisting him to it's goals.

It's beginning to react to Carlos's anger, appearing when he finds himself enraged.

And given his temper problem, this can only be a dangerous thing.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Carlos was a career man in the army. He joined after High School, served in the invasion of Afghanistan and the 2003 invasion of Iraq. After his second tour, he was picked to join the Green Berets, serving with them until 2010, when things went wrong for him. He married in 2001, but recently lost his wife in what the police believed to be a home invasion.

Though he knows different.

Present Life: In August 2010, three beings entered the home of the Tigrillo family. One murdered Mrs Emily Tigrillo, whilst a second stole away with the dead woman's daughter, Alison.

The third was brutally murdered by Carlos Tigrillo.

The police called it a home invasion, but Carlos knew different. He'd seen the man with slits for eyes fleeing with his daughter, seemingly through a crack in the air. He'd felt the scaly skin of the 'man' he stabbed to death.

Carlos demanded to be discharged immediately from the military. When his commanding officer told him it would take some time, Carlos lashed out and struck him, resulting in him being discharged dishonourably from the US Special Forces.

Around this time, he found the knife, and began receiving messages from a mysterious benefactor. This benefactor told him what it was that had taken his daughter, and that if he travelled to a town named Cheshire, he may find both revenge and his little Alison...

Thank you, Grumpy! You are accepted!

I'm working on my bio and slowly getting it done! I should have everything done and the IC up by Wednesday!

I has posted up my bio now too. >:D