Cheshire

Ugh guys I'm sorry to say but I'll be dropping out of Cheshire. I'll be gone for 3 weeks in Europe and I don't think I'll have interenet there, so it's really useless for me to try and get in the RP when I'm going to be gone for so long afterwards...

Understood, Soulless, and thank you. Have fun in Europe!

Are you guys still accepting characters?
I'm new to the site, but not roleplaying. Soullesshuman told me I should post and ask if you were still open first before making a bio.

Why, hello! Yes, you're welcome to join! If you have any questions, comments, plots, ideas, feel free to PM me or message me sometime.

Is anyone having trouble thinking of a way to introduce their charries? Or need help, plot-wise?

I can pull a few NPCs to help out or feel free to PM me. XD

I'm trying to work out something between me and Grumpy, but Grumpy's taking his sweet ass time getting back to me, so I haven't made my bio for this rp yet. xP

EDIT:
HE FINALLY DELIVERED. XD

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name:
Quatre Bornes "Q" Lee
Quatre Bornes is his first name. It is a dual first name. "Bornes" is NOT a middle name. "Lee" is his last name, "Q" is his alias.
Species/Race:
Presumed Human.
He's actually part hellhound, but Q does not know this.
Birthplace/World:
Born in Mauritus (South African Island), raised in France, been an illegal in the USA since he was 18. Currently a vagrant.
Occupation/School/Grade:
More or less a mercenary

More:
N/A

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Qdrunk.jpg
Scar over his nose, always wears sunglasses, two black triangle-like "whisker" tattoos on either side of his face. The black tail of his is often tucked away in his pants, out of view.

Strengths:
Can see in extremely low-light, has sensitive hearing, is able to walk long distances while carrying heavy bags. Bilingual (can speak English and French fluently), Marksmanship.
He can also understand most canines and felines. Maybe not exactly what they are saying, but he can get the jist. Q doesn't think he can ACTUALLY understand them, he just believes he's making inferences based on their growls and body language. If that's actually true or not is up to debate. Theoretically speaking, he could communicate back via growling, but he considers himself human so probably would not do so.

Weaknesses:
Pulling his tail grants terrible pain. Along the underside are something akin to whiskers. If brushed the right way will cause sexual gratification, the wrong way more pain or even imbalance in some cases (think of cat's face whiskers). Cutting it or injuring it in some way yields more blood than normal. Due to Q's other problems, damage to his tail can result in death fairly easily.
Q's heart is larger than a normal human's, as are his veins. He self-medicates by smoking to tighten his blood vessels. If he's injured or his blood pressure lowers too much, he's prone to fainting and at risk of stroke. His body takes a lot longer to produce new red blood cells, making normal wounds rather lethal to him. A very real fear for Q is to pass out and have a stroke while he's unconscious.
While he is unconscious, his body will eventually equalize, depending on circumstance, but normally within 10 - 20 minutes.
Q can see in near perfect darkness, but with this comes the inability to see clearly during the day. His vision resembles that of a moving, heavily over-exposed photograph. He wears specially prescribed sunglasses to be able to see in the day without inducing a terrible headache or burning of his retinas, however on overtly sunny days he is completely blinded.
His hearing range falls under about the same range as a dog's. However because he mostly deals with cities, he's constantly bombarded by the annoying buzzing of fluorescent lights, dog whistles, and other atmospheric irritants humans don't normally notice. Being around too many people or in a place with such 'buzzing' for too long makes him irritable or brings on a headache. He's especially wary of silent alarms- to him, they are the most annoying.

If he's in a town where many of these things are, or he is unable to get away from them, he'll try to drown them out through alcohol.

More:
N/A

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Find a cure for his 'condition'.

Talents:
See strengths.

Inabilities:
See weaknesses.

Fears:
Death, weakness, dehumanization, emasculation, homosexuals, stroke while unconscious (see weaknesses "chronic low blood pressure").

General Personality:
Outwardly, Q plays one of two parts: The man of the hour, or the dark and mysterious.
Generally speaking, he'll avoid others and not talk much, lost in his own thoughts. When he's tired of that, he'll get drunk and open up, trying to be on everyone's 'good' list. Be their best bud, get laid by pretty women, and try to prove he's the manliest man there is.

Inner Personality:
Q has a massive amount of health problems that have only been getting worse lately. He kills people for a living, and now that job has become much to dangerous. He often wonders how he managed to pull it off for so long. He's incredibly afraid of dying now that it seems to have become imminent. He has realized that he needs a purpose in his life, something to live for. He doesn't know what that is or how to achieve it. Part of him wishes he could die a hero, other parts of him wish someone could save him and be his hero. Right now though he just needs more time to figure it out. But thinking about the problem brings it to his attention, makes it more real. He ends up trying to run away from it and engulfing himself in distractions and sin instead.
Maybe one day he will die in his sleep after he finally had a good time.

Secret:
Some friends aren't allies, and some allies aren't friends.

More:
Q for the most part does not believe in the supernatural and prefers to live in denial of its existence. To believe in the supernatural would mean that he would have to accept that he wasn't human. That is one of his worst fears.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Hellhounds in the world are becoming extinct. The original purpose was to exterminate (eat) the hybrid children of otherbeings/non-humans and humans. Only mating with a female hellhound will produce a purebred hellhound, making male hellhounds generally useless. The hybrids killed off all but one of the female hellhounds in an on-going war. On a South African island known as Mauritius, the female hellhound wanted to separate herself from the war. She fell in love with a French military man, and they had a child. Shortly after birth, the man, Q's father, kidnapped the baby and brought it to France for experimentation in the hopes of making a Super Soldier. The plan ultimately failed as the hybrid Q had several health problems. Q's father had grown attached to the baby by that time, however, and decided to cut his losses and raised Q as a human, forcing him through several surgeries to look "more human" and insisted Q was normal. (Q was originally a lot hairier and "werewolf" looking). Under the barrage of post-surgery medications and mood stabilizers, Q was able to actually be normal. When he ran away at 18 and went cold turkey off all the drugs, his conditions worsened, his hair began to grey, and his animalistic instincts/mannerisms/vocals began to become much harder to control.
On the meds, he was expected to live to be 25 - 28. Off the meds no one knows for sure, and after Q ran off he was presumed dead.

Quatre Bornes grew up in France. He was raised in military boarding schools and specialized in Strategy. His father, one of the commanding officers, was pushing Q to become a strategist and follow in his foot steps. Q excelled in linguistics and held a dream of becoming a Sniper. His father would not allow it.
Q befriended a man named Vespasien, who would secretly teach Q about firearms and promised to make Q the sniper he wanted to be if Q would run away with him to the United States. Ves's dream was to become a mafia lord. Ves and Q fell in love, and when Q made the mistake of telling his father such in a final argument over Sniper School, Q's father took a rapier to the boy's face, intentionally scarring it.
"If you like boys, you don't deserve the face I made you!"
About a month later, at 18, Q found himself with Vespasien on a ship to the US. Weeks later they wound up in New York and began to fulfill their dreams. Q became Ves's right-hand and partner in crime as they took over a small city. He played translator as Ves hated speaking english, and they made quick work of their goals. In return, Ves taught Q what he knew of sniping. It wasn't much, but Q took to it immediately and seemed to have an innate talent.

As time passed, a new player came into the game- Alexandre- who convinced Ves that being openly gay hurt their image. Ves took to women and Q was pushed aside romantically. Years rolled by and finally Q realized he was only being used and left his "family" of the newly formed French Mafia.

Since that time, he became a hired gun, only taking on low-budget kills (under $100K a head). Because of his unique requirements, he's often laughed out of "real" merc circles and left to work with drug addicts and rich men who don't know better. As with the illegality of his job, he's forced to travel from city to city, state to state. He normally does so on foot but occasionally if needed will take a cab.
In his personal life, Q tries to find a connection to women. He doesn't really like them, but if Ves took to them and his father scarred him for liking men, then women must be what he's supposed to like, so he may as well set out trying to prove to himself that there is something to like to them. As he ages, he not only becomes more homophobic and defending of his perceived masculinity, but his "beast" condition worsens. His sight becomes worse in the day and better at night, his hearing gets "better" (thus giving him more headaches) and his grunts turn into growls...

Present Life:
Lately, Q's black outs have become more frequent and more random. He will pass out in one area and wake up in another. He has no memory of what happens in between and often assumes he went unconscious (which is normally true). His eyesight has gotten to the point where he is completely blinded on a normal sunny day, even with his sunglasses, and his hearing can be described as "super". Q can't stand it and feels as if he will die any day. He becomes increasingly nervous that today is the day he'll finally pass out and won't wake up again. He soaks himself with smoke and alcohol.

One night, he dreamed of a disembodied voice. It told him that if he wanted to live, he should go to Chesire. All his problems would be solved if Q were to follow some simple instructions. Q's health had declined to the point where he couldn't kill anyone anymore for money, so he ultimately decided to do as the voice said, even though Q didn't really believe it had actually happened in the first place.

Special Historic Notes:
See "What Q DOESN'T know".

XD All in all, Q., you are accepted! I love him being half hell hound!

Thanks.
I just posted. It's HELLA LONG. I apologize and I really don't think anything else will be NEARLY that long.

Really only required reading is outside of the spoiler tags if you'd like to save yourself.

Sorry for the shirt nothing post but it either post or drop out.

Is... There a character that heads the bed and breakfast or should I just NPC it?
-unsure now-

Since it's been 2 or 3 days and I haven't gotten an answer I'll just NPC it.
I've no time to post right now but when I get back I'll do it...:azn:

I'm sorry about that Q! It's been very hectic at work, although it usually works faster if you PM me or see me in the cbox or even use my messenger (AIM, MSN).

Alice's grandmother heads the bed and breakfast.

I figured since I bolded it and you had already posted, it may be an NPC rather than you.
And I did mean to just post again but then I got distracted... For a day and a half. >_>

I just want to clarify before I post, was Evander talking to Father Hammond, or just himself?

Seemed like he was talking to himself but purposefully loud enough for father hammond to hear, to me...

He was talking to you, just being a bit standoffish xD

Hello, everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as of late. Classes are about to start and I am searching for a car to take me from point A to point B to ... You get the point. XD

So please let me know how you're all doing and if there's anything I can do to help you along. I'm planning on moving us to the fair sometime soon where some very interesting things might occur ...

Renee is set up at the fair so I'll just wait around there for everyone! ^^