Cheshire

Thank you Soulless and Diana! Your characters are accepted!

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name:
Gordon Herbert Salfrey
Species/Race:
Human
Birthplace/World:
Cheshire
Occupation/School/Grade:
Highschool droppout
More:
Prone to jitters an give the impression of always afraid to be found.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Strengths:
Perceptive, generally fit.
Weaknesses:
Clumsy due to almost constantly shaking hands.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
To stay away from anything unusual
Talents:
Perceptive, intellectually bright and well-read for someone his age.
Inabilities:
Paranoid, easily scared.
Fears:
The unknown.
General Personality:
On the surface hes a big ball of nerves and obviously suffered severe trauma in recent history. Paranoia not something be cannot define grips him almost every waking moment and has caused him to become secretive and most people wouldn't talk to him anyway, nor understand what he says. Its the age old story of many mouths to pity, no hands to help.
Inner Personality:
At rare moments the scholar he once was shows itself with startling insight but these moments are increasingly rare. Some believe that his old, bright personality is still locked away somewhere deep inside him trying to break through.
Secret:
He remembers, he just doesn't believe.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Attended school, got good grades though was counted as a nerd by his peers. Despite this he took up athletics and won several track events while living with his local-born parents. Seeming to have little interest in the social aspects attatched to dating hes never had so much as a date in his life and this combines with the startling interests in the occult hes shown over the years cemented his reputation as an eccentric, if not an outright loony.

Present Life:
Constantly a step away from being consigned to the nut-house for delusional paranoia, hes only kept out so far because sen not seen as a threat to himself or to others. This has not explained why a year ago his parents vanished and he was found in a cupboard locked from the inside and out. But the stir in the papers died down in time and hes regarded as just another local wierdo.

I have been working on a template in secret >=D. Now here it is! No, actually, I've been interested in signing up so I had went straight to working on my SU and forgot to post that I was interested first.

Character Name:
Emily Felder
Species/Race: Human
Birthplace/World: Chicago, Illinois: Earth
Occupation/School/Grade: Emily: "Ha! I've got too much money for that!"
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance: She is skinny and is a bit taller than the average girl her age. She has a skinny body that doesn't have much muscle or fat since she doesn't really work out all too often. She has long blond hair, which is naturally wavy, but the bangs are often straightened. She has an oval shaped face and chocolate brown eyes. She tends to wear yellow or any golden hue as much as possible.

View attachment 1319
Strengths: Bold, money from mommy and daddy ;D, and the unusual ability to see and communicate with spirits, and the ability to tell between humans and other sentient beings.
Weaknesses: Lacks book-smarts, can be prissy/snobby at times, and lack of physical strength/stamina.
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: To try to learn to behave and do something good for the community so that her parents won't think she's a total dud of an heiress.
Talents: Shopping, hairstyling, makeup application.
Inabilities: running (Emily: "Oh heck no!"), lifting anything over 15 pounds, and keeping a job for more than a few months.
Fears: That she'll get cut off from the family fortune, that she might have to use her abilities to achieve her goal, and that she may never find a stable job.
General Personality: She seems to attract attention to her, and likes to talk to people. She finds socializing fun and tends to talk to random strangers, especially if she hasn't talked to anybody within a thirty minute time period. However, she can't keep friends for very long because she is pretty snooty and tends to complain about most forms of labor. She tends to avoid work as much as possible, which is why she has been fired back at home many times for arriving way late to work on multiple occasions.
Inner Personality: She wants to be around people. Being alone is a scary thought to her, because then she feels forced to think about all of the bad things going on around her. She does have some snooty thoughts here and there that are genuine, and does truly not like most jobs. In short, facing the world alone is a very, very scary thought to her, and she can't help but want to cling onto the people that do stick around her.
Secret: She found out about her ability to see and converse with ghosts when her grandmother and grandfather would regularly bid her goodnight as a child whenever they went out to the beach house in Malibu for the summer.
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Emily Felder was the single child of parents Cathy Felder and Richard Felder. Richard had become extremely rich after amassing a fortune from the oil company that he owned. His mom was a well-known socialite among the aristocrats of the United States. Emily's childhood was rather vague, with the only memorable instances occurring during the summer when they moved down to the beach house in Malibu. At that old beach house, Emily learned about her ability to converse and see ghosts. Emily lived life with a silver-spoon in her mouth, and grew to not be greatful of the opportunities that she had. Emily went to a prestigious private school in which she barely managed to avoid flunking out. As she reached her teens, she tried to get a few jobs, only to get fired in each one after only a few months in each one. Her parents were beginning to grow dissapointed with their spoiled little dud. After barely graduating from the private school that she had attended, her parents finally showed their dissapointment towards their daughter, and sent her off to live in a small home that they had bought in Cheshire.

Present Life: Her parents told her that she only has a few months to get her act together. If they come to visit in a few months and she doesn't have a job or has done something worthwhile/good for the town, then she will be cut off from the family fortune. In Cheshire, she has begun to see that some people just seem very different from regular humans (implying her ability to discern other beings from humans).

Character Name: Father Gregory Hammond
Species/Race: Human
Birthplace/World: Cheshire
Occupation/School/Grade: Priest

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance: Father Hammond's hair has turned white by now, he keeps it neatly cut, otherwise he wears what amounts to a usual priest's attire when not performing mass
Strengths: wisdom, faith
Weaknesses: age, pacifism

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: to help people before he dies
Talents: exorcism, interpretation, public speaking
Inabilities: combat, heavy labor, physical strain
Fears: insects, snakes
General Personality: friendly and helpful, while he may disagree with people, he rarely gets into arguments, preferring to let people keep their own opinions. He does not hesitate, however, to give counsel when asked.
Inner Personality: reclusive
Secret: Father Hammond is actually living on borrowed time, he was granted extra time because of the situation in Cheshire. When he was on his death bed he was approached by the Archangel Uriel, who told him he would be needed shortly, and was given his extra time.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Rather uneventful, he lead a quiet life as a priest in Cheshire.

Present Life: same as before, except he now knows his time is short, and is more active because of it.

I am, too! Thank you for everyone being interested in it! <3 So, let's get the ball rolling!

Zaz, please remember to capitalize and use grammar so we can understand you. A few more sentences on personality so we know what we're dealing with. Is he polite? Is he rude? Since he's an ice demon, does he like or hate humans? Does he like animals, what does he eat, how does he survive being away from the cold, and how does he tolerate heat?

Acqua, you are accepted!

Tyler, if we could have a few more sentences on your personality and maybe an explanation as to how he received his borrowed time, that would be appreciated. (If you wish to keep it a secret, you could PM me or we could plot something out.)

Vay, a bit more (maybe a couple of sentences) on personality as well and appearance, please.

And yes, a kelpie is allowed! In fact, I would love a kelpie!

I shall post the IC up in Modern!

edited, and Ill grab you on msn for the kelpie idea >=)

Vay, Gordon is officially accepted! Thank you!

Oh guys, I won't have a post up tomorrow or the day after, I'll be moving from canada to america to stay with my Mother.

Sure thing, Soulless! Thanks for giving us a heads up and have a safe trip!

ok i edited my post again i got everything u wanted as well and fixed my grammer

I posted in the IC thread. Nightie and Alarice, feel free to plot with me, XD.

Thank you!

Tyler and Zaz, your characters are accepted! Enjoy!

I'll try and catch you on a messenger, Acqua, or PM you about a few character interactions!

Alrighty, intro for Carlos up. He's not in Cheshire yet, but I thought I'd do a little prologue for him, just to let you know where he's coming from.

And to show you just how mental this guy is.

Consider the warning delivered.

Character Name: Goes by Dressden
Species/Race: Kelpie (Otherwise known as a waterhorse. A water spirit commonly associated with death.)
Birthplace/World: in so many ages its so easy to forget where you came from.
Occupation/School/Grade: I really don't understand the question
More: Is able to shift form of a black horse to human. In any form the hair/main it always dripping wet and tangled with lake weeds. The horse form's skin as highly adhesive to human skin and once caught its almost impossible to get lose short of cutting off the stuck limb.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:

Horse Form
Black%20Arab%20Horse.jpg

Human form in the act of getting food
rcgardner.jpg

Strengths: Able breath underwater, shapeshifter.
Weaknesses: Can't stay out of the water for too long, must eat human flesh or revert into a horse.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: TO find out whats making her restless.
Talents: Kelpies are tricky, they need to be to capture their preferred prey, humans.
Inabilities: Kelpies are solitary and even avoid contact with other faeries. They have little understanding of ways other than their own.
Fears: Being discovered, daemons.
General Personality: Charm, allure, these are tools of the human-tricking trade, if a bit naive and ignorant of their ways. A fact that is hidden as much as possible, whenever possible mostly behind a mask of distance.
Inner Personality: Merciless, hell yeah a spirits gotta eat right? Cold, as the waters of the lake! Remorseless, heres the problem, no. Curious about humanity, more than a little.
Secret: Humans taste nothing like chicken.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Starting legends is a hard business, starting folklore doubly so. Especially when trying to stay hidden and the legends of kelpies are an embarrassment to the entire race, not that the kelpies know the Celtic legends or that their native homes of Scotland are Ireland are rife with stories. Coming here was simply following the food. Being solitary spirits with wide ranges overpopulation is easy and too many would be too obvious to their prey.

Present Life: Secluded a small distance from its crystal waters reflecting the sky. Lake Graceful Serenity is the perfect place for a picnick or camping trip. Even the odd disappearances don't deter the holiday rush. There even stories of wild horses in the woodland.

Yes its the perfect spot for a kelpie, food all year round, water, animals. Watch the people boat and fish, tell stories, play games, sing songs. It enough to make even a spirit curious about the creatures it hunts. Early attempts failed miserably. It appears many are afraid of men without coverings walking out of the lake. Those strange things they wear where easy enough to get. A pain to keep dry. But eventually it was able to walk among them and understand their speech. Though a double life is far from easy. It just a good thing this town is full of odd people so one can be unusual without drawing attention.

And a badass warning it is!

Vay, Dressden is accepted! Thank you so much!