3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, romance, slice of life, anti-hero stories, "you're our only hope", fandom non-canons, soft scifi, transhumanism, magical girls, horror, suspense / mystery, detective noir, fractured fairytales
Sort of thread: Open
Size: As few as three, as many as 7-9.

Plot: When Brulow Charldin realized he was going to have to fetch for himself in the Underground, he learned how to navigate the dirtiest streets and which market was easiest to steal from. One day, he met a girl in the same situation as him - Priss. They worked together and found that life was easier that way, and before they both knew it, they had a ragtag group of kids with them. Together, they built a nest for those lost children or those in need of a temporary safe place to stay. Adults were the common enemy, and together they would break from their shells and dive right into the heart of the Underground. They had to make a name for themselves or they would be eaten alive by the bigger crows.
This is the birth of the Chattering Choughs - The Nest.

OOC/Interest Check: Yes
Additional Notes: The characters will be children and teenagers. They must, of course, be approved by the GM and co-GMs of Golden City. Characters and their relationships etc will be canon to the main story!

The Chattering Choughs - The Nest

There aren't many character requirements, but here they are just the same:

-Characters must be younger than Brulow. He's currently 21-ish, and will be about 16-17 in this prequel story.
-Boy or girl, it doesn't matter!
-I already have three NPCs in little skeleton sheets in my Citizen File, if you wish to pick one of those, they're free! First come first served (and must be approved by Nemo et co)
-This is a band of mischievous kids, that cause trouble for adults and steal to survive. Try to think about why your character would want to be in the group, and what they could bring to it. Sometimes it's just being a cute kid to whom people will give stuff to if they begged.
-No edgelords pls. Fun kids and teenagers who want to survive in the harsh environment that is the Underground.

Since this is a prequel, your characters will be younger than they would in the Main Story. This is about the beginnings of the Chattering Choughs!

I was hoping to sneak my character out for this before approving the plot, but alas!

YOU KNOW THAT I WANT IN THIS THO.

Soon. Soon

But don't let me hold you back.

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
I was hoping to sneak my character out for this before approving the plot, but alas!

YOU KNOW THAT I WANT IN THIS THO.

Soon. Soon

But don't let me hold you back.
I would like a couple people before starting, so TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

A couple questions, @Pahn. :)

1.) As an orphan, does Priss have a last name?
2.) If we create Priss as a full character, would we put down her age in the prequel or her age in current times?

A couple questions, @Pahn. :)

1.) As an orphan, does Priss have a last name?
2.) If we create Priss as a full character, would we put down her age in the prequel or her age in current times?
1- She doesn't have a last name NOW, but if you make her a full character, you are free to give her a full name! You can even say that Priss is just her nickname if you want.
2- Correct! The currently listed name is like "now", in the Main Game.

And one more @Pahn, am I right that your prequel is 5 years "ago"?

That is correct! It's five years ago, before the Main Game!

In the two-years prequel we're doing together, the Choughs are a small group and don't have much dominion in the underground, but the goal is to give them their big hit in that time. This prequel aims to begin the formation of the Choughs, so things will happen to make the kids band together and go from "just a gang of ragtag kids" to "the Chattering Choughs" :D

Five years "ago" is when Kitty came down to the Underground too - I won't play her in your prequel, but maybe she can cameo in the background if there's an appropriate scene.

Thanks for the tips, I know who I'm bringing to the table now. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
1- She doesn't have a last name NOW, but if you make her a full character, you are free to give her a full name! You can even say that Priss is just her nickname if you want.
2- Correct! The currently listed name is like "now", in the Main Game.

Thank you, I was thinking she'd just be Priss, regardless of whether or not she's a full character- Priss is a pretty character name without the last name, in my opinion. So, aside from that, we just put down her age in current times, but during the prequel, she would be 17 years old, got it. I'll let you know if I have any other questions! :D

Thank you, I was thinking she'd just be Priss, regardless of whether or not she's a full character- Priss is a pretty character name without the last name, in my opinion. So, aside from that, we just put down her age in current times, but during the prequel, she would be 17 years old, got it. I'll let you know if I have any other questions! :D
As Anguissette mentioned, Priss is 17 currently. In the prequel, she would be 12!

As Anguissette mentioned, Priss is 17 currently. In the prequel, she would be 12!

Oh god, I've never played a 12 year old. This is gonna be challenging.

Reactions: Anguissette
Oh god, I've never played a 12 year old. This is gonna be challenging.

(Spout is 9) *eep*

I've just posted Spout. If Team GM approves her/him, I'm submitting him here as well (at age 9, roughly the point in his pitch that begins "In the last five years with Brulow's encouragemen"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Spout is 9) *eep*

I've just posted Spout. If Team GM approves her/him, I'm submitting him here as well (at age 9, roughly the point in his pitch that begins "In the last five years with Brulow's encouragemen"

I'm so confused with Priss' character honestly. NPC said 17, so I thought 17. I don't have a clue what to do, I'm afraid I'll mess up and make her more mature or less mature than she is supposed to be. x___x Still interested, just... doubtful now lol.

Well... I've sorta kinda set up a relationship between Spout and Priss without asking (although I wrote it super open ended) that would probably take place somewhere between 5-year prequel and "today".

I think it's also ok to write Priss at 17 even if you don't want to write her at 12 in the prequel.

Or work backwards from her 17-self to where you think she would be on the journey she took to get there.

14-year old Spout is an angry social justice warrior (sort of), prankster and cat burglar who's good at what he does, even if not as good as he thinks he is.

9-year old Spout is a hungry street urchin who likes climbing where big people can't follow and wants to wake up safe in the morning.

Well... I've sorta kinda set up a relationship between Spout and Priss without asking (although I wrote it super open ended) that would probably take place somewhere between 5-year prequel and "today".

I think it's also ok to write Priss at 17 even if you don't want to write her at 12 in the prequel.

Or work backwards from her 17-self to where you think she would be on the journey she took to get there.

14-year old Spout is an angry social justice warrior (sort of), prankster and cat burglar who's good at what he does, even if not as good as he thinks he is.

9-year old Spout is a hungry street urchin who likes climbing where big people can't follow and wants to wake up safe in the morning.

I guess I just need tips and advice on how to write someone younger than I am? How to get into that mindset and what not. ^^;

It's at least good to know that I have a choice on whether or not I can write Priss in the prequel though. Spout sounds amazing and absolutely adorable! If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear what you have to say about their relationship. :)

9 will be the youngest I've ever written.

I guess I'll need to try to remember the stories I used to tell with my friends then, and what I thought my heroes and villains would want to do... bearing in mind that street children tend to be older than their years, so hopefully I can include that. Mostly as a young teenager I remember being passionate and angry about many things that seemed unfair, so I'd be channeling some of that for Spout. ^^

While I'm guessing Pahn would like Priss played in the prequel, my reading of this is that she's NPC by default and could be NPC'd in the prequel if you wanted to play her in the present but were less interested in her as a child.

Based on Pahn's description of Priss as an NPC she's very kind and "looks after the younger girls in the gang" so I see her as a sort of adopted mother-figure for the girls. Since Spout is secretly a girl, when she went into puberty she would have some physical changes she didn't understand and would need to talk to someone about. I think that person would be Priss, although I left the language vague.

If you become her player I'd like to discuss:

1. What does "helped Spout keep her secret" mean. Helping her with breast bands and period cloths? Or something more in depth?
2. Have they become friends through their shared secret?
3. Has Priss shared this with Brulow?
4. How does their relationship look to people who don't know what it is? Is their closeness (if it exists) mistaken for a romantic attachment?
5. Are there any secrets Priss has that Spout knows?
6. What rare baked good or fruit that Priss adores does Spout steal for her, given half a chance?

9 will be the youngest I've ever written.

I guess I'll need to try to remember the stories I used to tell with my friends then, and what I thought my heroes and villains would want to do... bearing in mind that street children tend to be older than their years, so hopefully I can include that. Mostly as a young teenager I remember being passionate and angry about many things that seemed unfair, so I'd be channeling some of that for Spout. ^^

While I'm guessing Pahn would like Priss played in the prequel, my reading of this is that she's NPC by default and could be NPC'd in the prequel if you wanted to play her in the present but were less interested in her as a child.

Based on Pahn's description of Priss as an NPC she's very kind and "looks after the younger girls in the gang" so I see her as a sort of adopted mother-figure for the girls. Since Spout is secretly a girl, when she went into puberty she would have some physical changes she didn't understand and would need to talk to someone about. I think that person would be Priss, although I left the language vague.

If you become her player I'd like to discuss:

1. What does "helped Spout keep her secret" mean. Helping her with breast bands and period cloths? Or something more in depth?
2. Have they become friends through their shared secret?
3. Has Priss shared this with Brulow?
4. How does their relationship look to people who don't know what it is? Is their closeness (if it exists) mistaken for a romantic attachment?
5. Are there any secrets Priss has that Spout knows?
6. What rare baked good or fruit that Priss adores does Spout steal for her, given half a chance?

I want to try Priss out in prequel; should be interesting. I think an in depth relationship between Spout and Priss would help me navigate the feel of being a 12 year old. She probably feels like she has to act like an "adult" at a young age and be a role model to the young girls, but given her lack of experience, gets frustrated when things don't go the way she planned. As a result, she may feel like she has to hide her emotions and stay strong for them. Spout might be someone she confides in as a way to help deal with the weight she feels on her shoulders; they could have an in-depth big sister/little sister relationship.

Let me finish her character pitch and we can discuss more regarding their relationship. :)

• Love
Reactions: Anguissette
...always and only assuming both characters are approved, of course.

I already have three, so there may be concerns about my stable getting too sizeable.

Reactions: Madman in The Attic
I would definitely be down for this, if I can come up with a character :o

Status
Not open for further replies.