Chat Room capabilities

M

mphelmsman

Original poster
I am thinking of bringing my game world to this forum but first I really need to know what are the capabilities of the chat rooms. Chat style RP is my favorite but there are some things I like to do which could change my decision to bring my game to this forum.

Can we save chat room logs? I like to save RP sessions so that I can refer to then later. I would even like to edit them to be posted on my games forum to enhance the post by post RP already happening.

Can you have more than one screen open at a time? When I GM a chat RP I like to have private windows open to each player so I can answer their questions.

If I can't do those things is it okay to invite players to an IM environment to play? YahooIM and others allow me and my current players to save logs but we would like a more permanent home to develop the game. If we can't play like we prefer on this page would it be okay to supplement forum play with play in other IM environments.

I would love to have these questions answered because I'm looking all over the place and need a home for this game before my core players can really get down to cases and start playing!

Can we save chat room logs? I like to save RP sessions so that I can refer to then later. I would even like to edit them to be posted on my games forum to enhance the post by post RP already happening.
In our roleplay chats you ARE able to view the logs and save them as you wish, either by copy-pasting (or my preferred way) just saving the html page.

Can you have more than one screen open at a time? When I GM a chat RP I like to have private windows open to each player so I can answer their questions.
Yes, you can have more than one screen open!

If I can't do those things is it okay to invite players to an IM environment to play? YahooIM and others allow me and my current players to save logs but we would like a more permanent home to develop the game. If we can't play like we prefer on this page would it be okay to supplement forum play with play in other IM environments.
You are more than welcome to invite people to IM playing too! (Your only problem would be hanging out and getting to know people so they felt comfy sharing IM info, but you prolly already know that!)

Thank you for the quick reply. I think my game just found a new home. Now I just have to work with my other established players to get everything set up and you can expect us to start asking for additional players.

Thanks Again!