Chat Roleplaying Poll: Questions inside!

Did you know we have roleplay chats?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
On Iwaku we like to have several means of roleplaying. We have the forums, groups, as well as a couple of RP chats.

This topic we want to discuss Chat Roleplay in particular!

We've notice a lot of people that post in forum RPs have a Chat RP style. (Short posts, 1 line to 5 lines) But we don't get a lot of people going in to the RP chats aside from the occasional pre-planned organized groups. So this thread is a poll to see what's up.

Vote in the poll and answer some of the questions below!

Did you know Iwaku had roleplay chat rooms?

Have you ever tried chat roleplay, or IM roleplays that use short but fast paced posts?

Have you tried a chat roleplay on Iwaku?

Would you LIKE to try a chat roleplay on Iwaku?

Are you more interested in just showing up to PLAY in a chat rp, or would you be interested in Game Mastering a chat rp?

Do you think the new subforum links will bring more attention to the possibility of chat roleplaying?

Would you like to see organized chat rp events happen more often?

What times of the day and which days of the week are you most often available for chat roleplaying?

How long can you STAY to participate in a chat RP?

Did you know Iwaku had roleplay chat rooms? Yes

Have you ever tried chat roleplay, or IM roleplays that use short but fast paced posts? Yes

Have you tried a chat roleplay on Iwaku? Nope

Would you LIKE to try a chat roleplay on Iwaku? Sure! =D

Are you more interested in just showing up to PLAY in a chat rp, or would you be interested in Game Mastering a chat rp? Play for now, gm when I get the hang of it.

Do you think the new subforum links will bring more attention to the possibility of chat roleplaying? Of course.

Would you like to see organized chat rp events happen more often? Rp should happen more often period. Supply and demand peeps. xD

What times of the day and which days of the week are you most often available for chat roleplaying? Weekends and weeknights.

How long can you STAY to participate in a chat RP? Depends on what is goin on. Usually, at least an hour or two.

Yes. But I don't understand the difference between the different names for different areas.

Have you ever tried chat roleplay, or IM roleplays that use short but fast paced posts?
Years ago I did this when I first started off. Then, later, I moved onto bigger and bigger posts. I would like to try it again sometime.

Nope. I just never feel like I can keep up or I'm not able to get on at the given time.

I would. I'm pretty sure I could. But again, I just feel like I'm too slow.

Are you more interested in just showing up to PLAY in a chat rp, or would you be interested in Game Mastering a chat rp?
I'd rather just join one. I might GM at some point but I have a feeling I'll GM a post based game before that time.

Do you think the new subforum links will bring more attention to the possibility of chat roleplaying?
Most likely. I've started to notice the chat RPs more with the featured chat rp.

Definetly. I'm just not sure, again, if I could keep up. Pacing tends to be the issue for me. But I'm willing to try. I think it might be an easy way to get people newer to rping involved, as well as people newer to Iwaku.

What times of the day and which days of the week are you most often available for chat roleplaying?
Evenings, usually. Any day of the week. There are just some random days I can't though because my work schedule routinely changes.

I could go for anywhere from an hour to a few hours. More than that and it might cause issues with my work schedule. As for the duration of the game itself on a whole; I could continue to participate over an extended period of time so long as periods work with my work schedule.

Did you know Iwaku had roleplay chat rooms? Yuppp!

Have you ever tried chat roleplay, or IM roleplays that use short but fast paced posts? I've done like... two chat roleplays? :D

Have you tried a chat roleplay on Iwaku? Yush.

Would you LIKE to try a chat roleplay on Iwaku? I'd love to do mooo.re.

Are you more interested in just showing up to PLAY in a chat rp, or would you be interested in Game Mastering a chat rp? more or less either is fine :D

Do you think the new subforum links will bring more attention to the possibility of chat roleplaying? i guess so :D it makes it a bigger thing, so yeah :3

Would you like to see organized chat rp events happen more often? of course! chat rps are a lot more fun and relaxed, but exciting because of the creativity involved.

What times of the day and which days of the week are you most often available for chat roleplaying? friday evenings. and... yeah, just friday evenings :/

How long can you STAY to participate in a chat RP? if it's a friday evening/night, a few hours works :D i remember hesperos was like... four hours of awesomeness :D

Yes, but only for a day or two now.

I've done them before with friends, actually. Before joining my first RP site many many years ago.

No, unfortunately.

I would, in fact. It sounds like fun.

Just playing. At least for a while. I don't have much experience GMing. It was never really my thing.

Absolutely.

Hell yeah I would.

My work schedule isn't set in stone due to the nature of my job. I'm available quite often, though.

Usually a few hours, at least.

No... Not until I read the poll xD

Yes! It was what I did long ago in this place called 'Beseen' chat. Everyone pretty much roleplayed there, one line at a time xD

No I have not D:

Yeah ^^

Probably only to chat RP for now... I don't free confident enough to be a game master xD

Well... How long has it been there, because I never noticed it until today xD

Yeah, of course! Let me know when ^.^

I'm in GMT +9 time zone, so... basically I'm available when everyone is asleep xD

Usually not very long >.< Hiro can vouch for how often I disappear/my short attention span XDD

Yes I knew that ^^

No I haven't because the most people I rp with have a different time zone so we aren't in at the same time for the most. And for the most I like to think for a long time before I post to make sure I will be able to write everything I want in the post.

Nope mostly because of the time differense, I have found one person that have the same time zone as me and we write to long posts to do chat rp xD

I would like to if it doesn't become in the middle of the night for me.

I don't mind being GM but I don't have any ideas for a chat rp right now, and when others have said that they have a chat rp that will be soon then it has mostly been to early in the morning in my country for me to be able to be in it xD I'm not a morning person.

Yes I think it will but I don't know if that many more will think it's better with it xD

I wouldn't mind if they happened more often, but I don't know if I would be able to participate in it myself because of the time zone xD

I would be available monday-friday 19.00-23.00 if I don't have things to finnish to the next day. Saturday-sunday 12.00-23.00 Sometimes I can be in untill five in the morning if I don't feel like going to bed. But my dad will get pissed off if he notice xD
(My time zone is GMT+1 (Is that how you write it?))
(Wont be available at all week 2-3)

between two hours and twelve hours, sometimes I maybe could stay for more if we don't feel like going to bed xD