Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Once upon a time Fujimoto Hinata was a beautiful young woman living in Tokyo, surrounded by the strong, brave men of her family that she very much loved with all of her heart. But the Fujimoto men were a rough n' tumble bunch, often making the kind of hot blooded decisions that could get a man killed. Delinquent fights, acts of dumb heroics, daredevil antics... one by one the silly fools got died. They left poor old Hinata all alone in the care of her dutiful granddaughter, Hiromi.

Hinata is not one to waste away without fulfilling her heart's desires, however! This eccentric entrepreneur has decided to open up one of those trendy cafes the youths like to visit. And instead of something cute like a tea parlor or a sandwich shop, Hinata wished to be surrounded by MACHO MEN. Handsome men of all ages are hired to be the staff of Macho Cafe, here to cater to the whims of giggling patrons with themed nights, costumes, and special events.

Now Hinata wakes up every day with a smile, knowing there are plenty of butts for her to pinch and attractive men to do her bidding. Her granddaughter, on the other hand, is not so amused and has found herself struggling to manage the business end of her grandmother's strange project.

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited!

WHAT: You may play an employee or guest of the Macho Cafe! If you are an employee you MUST be a male character. After all, that is the point of the Macho Cafe. Customers can be anything. This setting has no magic or supernatural but is totally anime style, so bring out your favorite anime tropes and shenanigans. Bios and pictures are not required but highly encouraged! Post them here in this thread.

WHEN: APRIL 30TH - THURSDAY @ 1PM CENTRAL TIME.

WHERE: Join us MACHO CAFE CHAT ROOM. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab. The room is called Macho Cafe.

ABOUT THIS ROLEPLAY

This is a SOCIAL ROLEPLAY WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. The more interesting and developed your character, the more you interact, the more awesome the plot turns out! This particular setup is for silly fun and not meant to be taken too seriously -- but beware! All actions have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help.

As always, if you have any questions about this plot or roleplay, just ask away!

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

Last edited:
I will be playing old grandma Hinata and her granddaughter Hiromi, just for reference. 8D I might post some notes and pictures here in this post later.

...I'm gonna be Charuru, King of (Bleep). I don't care, I GOTTA MAN. ...How many characters can we do at the same time? Wondering because like...character limits and all. I do feel that if people believe they can handle a certain amount of characters, then they'd be fine. And I love playing with multiple characters...So far I've done three at a time. Or was it four? ...Wait no, five. Gah, memory. But yeah, I can do a lot and I can have them all interact with other people, I don't dare let my characters interact with each other since that's not the purpose of the rp. Anyway, how many just in case?

You can play as many characters as you can handle. 8D But I would recommend no more than two or three, just in case we get a lot of people.

You can play as many characters as you can handle. 8D But I would recommend no more than two or three, just in case we get a lot of people.

True! Alright, sticking with three, two servers/hosts and a customer. ...Either that or a man and a woman customer and one host. Charuru will be host for sure XD

In forum RPs, I primarily play women. In chat RPs, I've unintentionally played more men (I'm counting the group of clones as just one here).

I can see myself doing either. I'll come up with something either the-day-of or the day before.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

THIS. I love that this is being acknowledged. You have no idea how much this means to me.

this sounds fun! i will probably join in if i am not asleep aha! you guys have a hugely different timezone from me and when ever you do something, it's like 4 am for me xD but i will try my best

oh yes , i forgot to ask this. what age range will be the people who are allowed to do this or is it available to both bluestar and redstar people? if so , what things are we not allowed to do.

oh yes , i forgot to ask this. what age range will be the people who are allowed to do this or is it available to both bluestar and redstar people? if so , what things are we not allowed to do.

It's for both bluestars and redstars! And because of this, it's okay if you kiss somebody, but we won't be allowing any sex scenes! (They're kinda hard to do in a group chat roleplay like this anyway.)

Okay! Thank you for this haha. I never really know boundaries in these types of things. So romance like hugging, kissing, holding hands (the sort of gentle/vanilla) stuff is allowed? Also this is probably a stupid question but can we have Male customers who have relationships with the male workers (like romantically) so basically is LGBTQ+ allowed here?

Everything is allowed. 8D (except you know, banging babies D: we dont want that)

It returns....
I still remember the assless chaps

• Haha
Reactions: Diana
wOaH this looks kewl. i will be respectful(for once) and ask CAN I JOIN????

COOOOL!! I'ma make a char cause I'm lowkey bored right now... ;--;
Zyra Rivers

neco on | Anime outfits, Manga girl, Character design

>Regular Customer
>Her regular order: a chocolate muffin and a large cup of hot chocolate with 8 marshmellows
>Likes to sit in the middle of the room
>Very random and weird most of the time
>Loves to eat
>Plays pranks on almost everyone
>Childish despite being 19
>Hangs onto anyone and everyone even if they push her off
>Considers everyone an older brother or sister despite age or appearance
>Assassin in training(Secret~for the most part except when she blurts it out)
>Has a very loud voice
>Says whatever she thinks-no filter at all

Reactions: Diana
I'm torn between playing a beefy boy who flirts with everything and everyone......

or playing a scrawny dude who thinks getting this job will get him BIG

T O M O R R O W

I can already tell, this is going to be so cool ! But very chaotic, I’m exited to join the chat room haha

sdjkfKHKEHDLFJshdjf i gotsa get my character up nOw

NAME: Rei Tokieda

ROLE: Employee (Part-time)

APPEARANCE: Approx. 5'8", with light caramel-colored hair tied back into a small ponytail and mahogany-hued eyes. Light skin without any noticeable blemishes, except for some bruises on his legs from sports. Usually smiling.

PERSONALITY: Cheery and curious. He's got good manners, but sometimes his excitement can overtake those manners and make him seem a little too eager. A bit oblivious, but good-natured. Unintentionally flirty (he likes to give compliments and is genuinely nice, but many times he doesn't know that the recipient might not see them as "just something nice to say"), but is no stranger to romantic advances.

ROMANTIC & SEXUAL PREFERENCE: Panromantic pansexual

Status
Not open for further replies.