Chat Roleplay Event - Macho Cafe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already in the main cbox now, ready to answer any last minutes questions peeps may have. 8D

The charp has officially STARTED! Join any time between now and 4pm central! 8D

Hi! I was the Good Guy yakuza boyo babysitting his Granny; Ichiki Kane

kane ichiki.jpg

Thanks for the fun charp, everyone! <3

MACHO CAFE LOGS

• Diana:
    We begin to a gorgeous sunny day in Tokyo. Tucked away down a small business alley, there is a quaint little cafe with a painted red door, baskets of hanging flowers, and -- a life sized cardboard naked man with a tea cup covering his junk?! It's the Macho Cafe ran by Fujimoto Hinata and the doors are O P E N!
    Today at 1:00 PM​
  • ◇:
    [IMG alt="CoffeeCake"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/0/9.jpg?1369693124[/IMG] CoffeeCake has left the room.
    Today at 1:02 PM​
  • ◇:
    [IMG alt="CoffeeCake"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/0/9.jpg?1369693124[/IMG] CoffeeCake has joined the room.
    Today at 1:02 PM​
  • Diana:
    Fujimoto Hinato looks to be about 104 in the face, but with the energy of a sugar-addicted fourteen year old girl. At the moment, however, she's not barking out orders and instead seated casually at her favorite table and sipping a hot tea.
    Today at 1:05 PM​
  • ◇:
    [IMG alt="Astaroth"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/1/1061.jpg?1553930101[/IMG] Astaroth has joined the room.
    Today at 1:05 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Slam! The door swung open harder than Hiro expected. Application in hand, the scrawny young man looked around quickly before he spotted Hinata and charged over with quick and small steps.
    Today at 1:06 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Fujimoto-san, please accept my employment application." he said, for the third time this week as he bowed suddenly.
    Today at 1:07 PM​
  • CoffeeCake:
    His golden Lorax watch beeps and Lars tosses the cucumbers from his eyes and removes the facemask. As the water drips from his permastubble, he catches his own reflection in the mirror and winks. Smouldering Intensity: Restored. He kicks open the double doors and sambas from the backroom. "Goo' Morning, my Leh-dies" he practically sings, followed by a trilled whooping ullulation. He works his way into the main area, all gliding steps and hip-swivels. There is a reason he's often referred to as "Extra Lars"
    Today at 1:08 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    Hirohata Ryuuji poked his head out of the back as the door slammed open. Spotting the kid scrambling over to the old lady, he sighed and adjusted his apron before heading in their direction, crossing his arms over his chest and peering down from his full six feet plus height.
  • ◇:
    [IMG alt="Yuuki_Tatsunohi"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/7/7465.jpg?1570128021[/IMG] Yuuki_Tatsunohi has joined the room.
  • Diana:
    As always, Hinata sips her tea and squints her eyes. "Do you think you can pass the shirt test this time?"
    Today at 1:09 PM​
  • ◇:
    [IMG alt="Yuuki_Tatsunohi"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/7/7465.jpg?1570128021[/IMG] Yuuki_Tatsunohi has left the room.
    Today at 1:09 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei stopped in front of the naked cardboard man in front of the Macho Cafe, never quite getting used to it. He opened the door, spotting a few people already there. He winced to himself—was he late again, or were there people here earlier than usual? He hoped that Fujimoto-san didn't mind. Stepping into the room, he offered a friendly smile to the nearest employee, chuckling to himself. "Hi there! Hope I'm not late."
    Today at 1:11 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "Nah, you're good," Ryuuji told Rei. He jerked his thumb towards the kid with the application. "Look who showed up again."
    Today at 1:12 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei whistled to himself, adjusting his short ponytail. "Well, it's good that he's determined to work here. Dunno why, though."
    Today at 1:13 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I-" he started, then took a deep breath before he answered, "I gained half a kilogram of muscle, Fujimoto-san!"
    Today at 1:14 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "We could probably use him. We haven't really tapped into the market for guys like him, you know?" He cracked a grin. "Some girls go apeshit for that. Guys, too."
    Today at 1:15 PM​
  • bananabread:
    "True, true," Rei agreed, hands on his hips as he watched the kid with an amused smile. "Cute, introverted guys tend to draw more passionate customers, too. Their blushing and stuttering and overall personalities are pretty big in the BL genre, so maybe that's why. Think he'll make it in?"
    Today at 1:17 PM​
  • Diana:
    Hinata took a few agonizingly long minutes to consider this before, with a shrug, "Eh. I suppose we can see what the patrons think. Take that shirt off!" There seemed to be a hint of a smile from behind her porcelain cup, but Hinata was as cool as ever.
    Today at 1:17 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    His ears burned as he imagined all eyes were on him—and he could swear he heard whispers, but his eyes widened and he looked up as Hinata urged him to take his shirt off. "H-hai!" He said before straightening, and, blushing hard, he pulled off his shirt to reveal....... ribs. He was scrawny, and his blush covered more than just his face, but also his belly, parts of his arms, and some of his chest.
    Today at 1:20 PM​
  • Diana:
    On most days, the Macho Cafe is quiet, with few guests, especially so early into the lunch hours. But a commercial on the radio (with terribly mixed, way too loud audio) broke the pleasant atmosphere. "HEY NOW, COME ON DOWN TO HINATA'S MACHO CAFE! BUY ONE CHEESECAKE AND GET ONE BEEFCAKE HALF OFF!" There rest of the commercial did not go over much better. It was going to be an interesting day.
    Today at 1:20 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "Let me see if I can help him out a little." With a wink, Ryuuji picked up the water pitcher from the waitstaff's station and strolled casually in the young hopeful's direction. Just as he walked past, he "accidentally" bumped into him, tipping water all over the kid's scrawny chest. Now not only was he blushing, but his hair and what remained of his clothes were clinging to his skin. "Whoops, sorry there. My bad. You need a towel?" The much bigger teen looped his arm around the young man's waist as if to steady him.
    Today at 1:22 PM​
  • ◇:
    [IMG alt="Yuuki_Tatsunohi"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/7/7465.jpg?1570128021[/IMG] Yuuki_Tatsunohi has joined the room.
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • Diana:
    It couldn't be certain if Hinata's huge sudden grin was due to the young man's shirtlessness, her new ad-spot, or Ryuuji's "helping". Either way, a few soft chuckles escaped.
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei smacked a hand over his mouth, stifling a laugh. Eyebrows raised high to the sky, he had to admit that he felt a little for the kid—he used to be a skinny little thing like him before he joined some school sports. He moved his hand to the side, cupping his mouth like a makeshift megaphone. "You're doing great! I believe in you!"
    Today at 1:24 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro had died. He was positive of it. This was the moment of his death and there was a massive hot guy being sexy at him and an old lady was laughing at him and he was utterly soaked. This was his death. Blood slipped from his nose, and his head lolled forward as he nearly passed out from all his blood rushing into his shame—mostly to color his blush and something else, which... at least he was beefy in one way, though his pants made it hard to guess at entirely. And he was being cheered on. He was dead. This was how he died: in the arms of an angel-slash-devil.
    Today at 1:28 PM​
  • Diana:
    "Oh dear," lamented Hinata. "I really thought he would've been able to make it a bit longer this time!"
    Today at 1:31 PM​
  • Diana:
    For some reason, the glassware on the tables softly started to clatter. A low rumble could be heard in the far distance. Was old man Nakamura next door playing the music of his youth too loud again? It almost felt like a tiny earthquake!
  • CoffeeCake:
    "Ryuuji, I tol' you not to kill the new hires," said Lars, cha-cha-ing past everyone as he continued cleaning
  • Astaroth:
    "Oh shit." Stifling a laugh, Ryuuji tightened his hold on Hiro and steered him toward one of the booths. "Here we go, don't pass out on me. Onibaachan here will review your application, right Onibaachan?
  • Astaroth:
    Ryuuji good-naturedly hip-checked Lars as they crossed paths.
    Today at 1:32 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei snorted at the entertaining antics of his co-workers and the potential new hire, shouldering his bag as he walked to the back. "Fujimoto-san, I'm going to go change in the back room and then I'll clean up the water on the floor. Let me know if you need anything."
    Today at 1:32 PM​
  • Diana:
    Hinata tut-tutted. "You may as well see if the boy can at least cook if we can't have him on the floor. Such ridicu-whoop!" Just as she was fussing, the rumbling nearly bounced her tea saucer right off her table! "Better get that hot water started," she warned.
    Today at 1:36 PM​
  • CoffeeCake:
    Lars stumbles, but as he falls, he tosses the cloth back to Ryuuji. He lands in an improbable split, one-handed pushup position and looks smoulderingly over his shoulder. He laughs good-naturedly. "Trying to keel me too, eh?" He worms back to his feet and dusts hiimself off.
    Today at 1:37 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I didn't faint!" he defended weakly. That was one tiny triumph for the hopeful young man, and an improvement from two days ago, but he did let Ryuuji help him into a booth with a weak 'thank you'. He blew it nonetheless. Fujimoto-san wanted to put him in the kitchen, though that was better than being told 'no' outright.
    Today at 1:38 PM​
  • Diana:
    Rumblerumblerumble. It wasn't old man Nakamura's music. It wasn't an earthquake. Worse-- it was ladies! OLD ladies! A whole gaggle of them, possibly from different branches of nursing homes all across Tokyo. Where had Fujimoto-san been focusing all of her advertising? They crowded into through the doors, elbowing each other and shaking canes, all trying to find them best seats in the house.
    Today at 1:38 PM​
  • bananabread:
    After a quick change of clothes, Rei busted into the main café at the rumbling and sound of yelling old women. "Oh, wow. What a turnout."
    Today at 1:39 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "I think I have a spare shirt you can wear," Ryuuji told him, looking utterly unrepentant for any of his behavior. "I have to go work, but I'll grab that for you real fast before I do. Let me know if I can serve you any other way." As he turned to beeline for the back room, he ruffled Hiro's wet hair. As he passed the old ladies, he bowed and grinned and made relatively polite excuses on his way to the back.
    Today at 1:41 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro's eyes went wide as he watched the melee at the doors. "Oh..." He pushed himself up and stumbled toward the ladies. This was a chance to prove himself. He'd make everyone see he could be a good host! He'd do it, for sure! The young man smiled at the ladies, still shirtless, wet, and bleeding, with mussed hair and burning red blushing, and offered a hand to the nearest. "So many beautiful princesses," he said, just like he practiced at home for hours and hours, "Would you please be patient? I-... I know you've been waiting for your princes a long time, but just a few minutes more."
    Today at 1:43 PM​
  • Dawn:
    In with one of those grannies came a young man, his arm being used as support. With his high fade black hair a bit long and messy on the top and his long sleeved baggy shirt a bit crinkled, Kane looked like he'd just rolled out of bed. And really, he had. He worked nights and this time of day, he was usually sleeping. But it was difficult to say no to Granny Ichiki so here he was. He helped her and her friends find a table before slinking off to a corner to sit and stare at his phone screen. It was difficult work, trying to be invisible in a sea of giggling old ladies that came up to his shoulders. The tattoos didn't really help either, but he was trying his best, damn it.
    Today at 1:44 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei grinned at the new kid's quick work, moving to stand near him and guide patrons to their seats, turning on his charm and slipping into his persona. "Hey there, beautiful; would you like to have a seat? How's your day been? I hope that it was good, 'cause mine sure was! I scored the winning goal today..."
    Today at 1:45 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    A minute later, Ryuuji was back, carrying a towel and a shirt that was very obviously way too big for Hiro. "Here you go, kid," he said, draping the towel over Hiro's shoulders and holding up the shirt. "You need help getting the buttons while you take our honored guests orders?" He was just as obviously having far too much fun with his new side hobby. "Hello, ladies. I'll be helping our new trainee today."
    Today at 1:46 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei spotted someone that usually wasn't part of their usual customers—a tall, tired young man with a grandma on his arm who had sat down and was now fixated on his phone screen. With a curious smile, he finished up leading one of the customers to her table before sweeping up next to the man, hands neatly laced behind his back. "Hiya, handsome. Can I help you at all today?"
    Today at 1:48 PM​
  • Diana:
    "Let me get a kiss here on the-" "Oh may aren't you just the handsomeness!" "I have a young grandson who-" The ladies all had something to say, and most were harmless or sweet. A general request was an interest in the Cheesecake & Beefcake deal, which apparently was advertised as a table-top dance with their order of a whole cheesecake.
    Today at 1:49 PM​
  • CoffeeCake:
    Lars straightens his posture. "Thees ees eet, men. We hev prepared our whole lives for this very moment." He seems to conjure a comb out of nowhere and passes it through his slick black hair, carefullly missing the two spitcurls that frame is smouldering green eyes. He does a solo tango out into the main area. Locking eyes with patrons as he passes, stroking hands and weathered chins as he passes. Who will be first? Who will receive his intensity? Who can handle it?
    Today at 1:50 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    New trainee... It felt like steam was coming off his head. He didn't have time to overreact, though! He instead grinned, and in a fit of excitement, worked to separate a few of the more vicious grannies from the crowd into seats so there at least couldn't be accusations of letting someone's granny get hurt. The other hosts did a great deal to help seat the old ladies and get them out of the knot at the entrance. Once that was done, he looked at Ryuuji and forced a nervous grin. "We shouldn't get sued now for injured grannies, r-right?" He tried a laugh, only to choke partway through as he spotted Lars.
    Today at 1:53 PM​
  • Dawn:
    The slow shift of his gaze from his phone screen to the knees of the..waiter? Host? Macho guy? Regardless, the slow transfer of his gaze as it made its way up Rei's body to his face probably came off as annoyance, but Kane wasn't good at turning his punk-face off when he wasn't working. An eyebrow cocked, silently asking the guy if he really thought Kane was here to be entertained. "A non-alcoholic drink would be nice," he muttered with a surprisingly soft voice. "Cold green tea?"
    Today at 1:55 PM​
  • CoffeeCake:
    Lars winks. "Keep cool, new blahd" he says as he pulls a lady from her walker, spins and dips her, before easing her into a booth. He moonwalks away, tossing her a rose before turning to slide past Hiro. He slaps him on the butt. "Be strong!" he whispers
    Today at 1:56 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    The girl shuffled nervously as she stared at the bara cafe. Or at least what she assumed to be bara. ...Macho Cafe? Really? She rather not. But for this moment, just to see and taste everything new... "Well, here goes nothing," she muttered, her voice very masculine as she adjusted her hoodie and then went inside. Already she was feeling self conscious as she stared at everything, fidgeting in place while fiddling wit her clothing to feel a bit more comfortable. "...Hello? Um...anyone there?" she squeaked as she looked around.
    Today at 1:57 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "I made the cheesecake today," Ryuuji was telling the old ladies as he helped them into the booths. "It's a souffle cheesecake with caramel sauce." He glanced at Hiro as he finished. "Nah, they're tough old birds, they'll be just fine." Clapping Hiro on his still-bare back, he passed him a spare order pad and pencil. Raising an eyebrow, he gave the kid a noticeably long once-over. "Decided you'd rather go without the shirt, huh?"
    Today at 1:58 PM​
  • Villamvihar:
    Bloody hell. Today has been, officially and irreversibly, too long. Too. Fucking. Long. Nursing a headache the size of Mount Everest, with heels aching as though she had just ran through a volcano's caldera - not surprising given her stiletto heels - Aveline Carver entered the Macho Café. Her only solace. Her sweet, sweet oasis in the middle of an endless desert of thirst, but...
  • bananabread:
    "Of course!" Rei chirped, pleased to see that the patron would at least speak. His hands dipped into his apron, which was tied around his slender waist, to retrieve a pen and pad of paper. He scrawled the item's name onto the paper, sparkling brown gaze moving to look at the patron again. "Anything else, cutie? We have pastries and goodies, including the Cheesecake & Beefcake deal—but only if you'd like! We'll try our best to entertain you, regardless."
  • Villamvihar:
    "What the fuck?" she asked under her breath as she saw that the place was FILLED to the brim with GRANNIES. OLD PEOPLE. What were they doing here?
  • Diana:
    "Obaasan!" A voice shrieked from outside. It took a moment for the owner to shove her way through the queue of ladies that were now lined down the block due to limited indoor seating, but once she made it in, old Hinata was nowhere to be seen! Maybe it was because this tiny doppelganger looked furious -- covered head to toe in dirt and sporting a few scrapes, Miss Fujimoto Hiromi had a few cafe ads clutched tightly in her hands and she seemed ready to wage battle with her grandmother.
    Today at 2:00 PM​
  • Diana:
    Mysteriously, Hinata was no longer in her seat. Her teacup was left at the table half drank. Convenient! When did she even sneak out?
  • Astaroth:
    "Oh shit." Ryuuji glanced toward the door. "Mini-moto is here."
  • chaosheart13:
    "...Oh my god there's so many old people," she hissed as she just stared in shock, "UM." She looked around frantically for someone her age as she immediately walked over to Aveline, trying to remain silent. ...Well, trying. "Don't mind me I need someone my age," she continued to mumble as she smoothed her hair. Thank god her long as heck braid was hidden in her clothes. Thank. God. ...Do I look like a man? I need to be inconspicuous, she thought to herself as she just glanced at Aveline every now and then. She continued to fidget, playing with her fingers while she just stared and glanced around the cafe...looking a bit sad.
  • The Mood is Write:
    "It... It's my only chance at survival," Hiro answered honestly as he took the pad and pen. "Th... thank you, though...!"
    Today at 2:01 PM​
  • Dawn:
    The guy's enthusiasm drew a soft laugh from Kane and he rubbed his tired face with a hand, feeling his cheeks heat a little at all of this attention. "No thank you. I'm here with my granny," he explained, gesturing toward the table where his grandmother sat chortling and squeezing a macho's arm muscles. "She needs supervision." Another chuckle.
    Today at 2:01 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei laughed sweetly, tucking his pen and paper back into his apron. "Well, make sure to enjoy yourself while you're here. I'd hate for you to have a bad experience." He brushed his hair out of his face, making his short ponytail sway as he stepped back to attend to other customers and put in the order. "If you need anything from me, just ask—my name is Tokieda Rei, but you can call me anything you'd like!"
    Today at 2:03 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mini-Moto... His eyes moved to Hitomi, and he blinked, then shook his head, then looked around. There were two people not yet seated, and he trotted over to them, wet, shirtless, and with mussed hair, and flashed as dazzling a smile as he could manage. "H-hello and welcome, princesses," he said, "We have a table for two free over this way, if you'll follow me?" He led the way to Fujimoto-san's table, removed the tea, and wiped it down before offering it to them. "Please, have a seat!" He found a couple menus and set them out for the two with a bow, still awkwardly holding the matron's half-finished tea.
    Today at 2:04 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "Don't underestimate your charms." Ryuuji's grin widened. "You know our menu, yeah? So let me just show you how to write the tickets." He stepped close to one of the tables, going slowly so Hiro could watch how he filled out the order pad. "...And then you just go back to the kitchen and stick the ticket up on the line. Now you take the next table--" He turned, only to find Hiro had wandered off. "Well damn."
    Today at 2:05 PM​
  • Villamvihar:
    Oh no. Oh no, no, no. This was not happening. Not. On. Her. Watch. Seething with the fury of ten thousand suns and denied her usual mancandy, Aveline prepared to wage war. Fuck this. If she needed to slip back into her persona, then so be it, but she was not letting old ladies take her oasis away. Never! Closing her eyes, Aveline ran her fingers through her long, red mane of hair... and the entire place café seemed to sparkle as she deliberately put a sexy sway in her hips, her face adopting the classical 'come hither and have a good time with the exotic foreigner' look. Surely, no one could resist that, could they? Including someone who was definitely not staff. Lowering her sunglasses, Aveline glanced curiously at the girl.
    Today at 2:06 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    The girl just blinked as she did a double take at Aveline. "...Wait." Her stare just continued on until she glanced away quickly. "Right right, alright," she muttered as she followed after the waiter, just letting herself be seated as she waited for the menu to drop. She waited a few more seconds before just taking the menu in hand and scanning it. Very. Very. Thoroughly. "...Well, we're seated together," she laughed nervously, her voice somehow dropping badly before she cleared her throat, "Nice to meet you. ...Call me Eli. Okay?" And she made sure to use the man pronunciation because god she wanted to be like a man. Crossdressing was great.
    Today at 2:08 PM​
  • Diana:
    The few younglings that had entered the cafe were getting some foul looks from the elderly patrons. Aveline especially for being too beautiful and reminding them of their lost youth. They're especially mad because Hiro seems to be giving her and Eli attention over them. They stare daggers.
  • Dawn:
    .... More chuckling, laced with embarrassment. He understood the appeal to his granny, really he did. But this Tokieda fella was...something. All of the waiters were just something else and Kane wondered why he had to be the good grandchild who always took Granny places. Why couldn't his sister take her to silly themed cafes like this one? Somewhere, Hana was cackling at his misfortune. And yet Kane's gaze watched Rei wandering around, an elbow on the table and his cheek in his palm, his phone temporarily forgotten. He sure would like that cold green tea though.
  • bananabread:
    Rei stepped to the front, looking for new patrons/matrons to take care of. Upon seeing some angrier older ladies, he quickly stepped forward to placate them. "Beautiful ladies, would you like me to get anything for you? I could possibly entertain you with something, if you'd like."
    Today at 2:10 PM​
  • Diana:
    Hiromi was still standing in the middle of the room, scanning the crowd for her grandmother. She ignored all glares, and was -certain- the old woman was still there somewhere. "I know you're here, Obaasan! Why is Lars naked on these flyer ads?! Who even approved this for print? Who distributed these! I found them at my SCHOOL!"
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles was just tapping his finger on his arm as he surveyed the area, eyes scanning the entire cafe and narrowed. ...Well, that was a couple customers. And while he would be more than fine to serve if he could just see what was going on. Letting out a huff, he went over to look at some other patrons, moving about briskly as he just made sure they were all comfortable, asking them if they needed anything, do small chitchat, all of that, just small things as his eyes scanned their faces. His own was slightly narrowed at some of their glares but he said nothing before going straight to Hitomi, the smile still on his face. "...I noticed some glaring. Not very good for business if they try to be elitist, no?" he murmured close to her, pointing out the ones that were glaring.
  • Astaroth:
    "We have a bucket for the dirty dishes," Ryuuji told Hiro as he sidled up beside him. He plucked the tea cup out of Hiro's hand and carried it back toward the waiter's station where a plastic bin was sat on one end of the counter.
    Today at 2:11 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    When Hiro looked up from his bow, he saw... oh no, maybe he was wrong about one of them being a princess, but more pressing to the poor young man's libido was... oh no the lady was definitely hot. He barely noticed Ryuuji take the teacup as he stared for several moments before he forced his jaw shut and took a moment to try to recall if he missed something before he looked to Ryuuji, face red, and said, "S... sorry, um... what?"
    Today at 2:12 PM​
  • bananabread:
    After trying his best to make the older ladies happy again, Rei swept to the kitchen to enter in his ticket before speeding off to help out some more patrons. He spotted Hiromi in the middle, seemingly enraged, rushing over. "Uh, hi, Hiromi-san. Do you need anything?"
    Today at 2:13 PM​
  • Villamvihar:
    Ha! Not a chance old ladies! Placing her sunglasses between her lips in the even more classic seductress look, Aveline put on a flirty smile, before she realised that a waiter had also approached her. She looked at him with a winning smile... and it froze on her lips. What the hell was that?! Where was the real mancandy? This was a skeleton! Oh come on, please nobody tell her that she got the shortest end of the stick - the one without muscles or an ass to pinch or slap! However, Aveline quickly remembered her place and so she smiled a winning smile before glaring daggers at the old ladies and taking her seat. Then, she traced Hiro's hand. "Hello," she said, deliberately leaning forward to emphasize her cleavage and give him a glimpse of what he could never lay his hands on. "May I ask, just what are the specials today?"
    Today at 2:14 PM​
  • Diana:
    Hiromi flushed red. "I'm not the one that manages the staff or deals with the customers," she insists to Charles. "I just need my grandmother!" she turned to Rei, showing him the offensive ad fly. "Does she have any idea what she's doing to my reputation? Why are there so many elders in here!"
    Today at 2:15 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "You alright there?" He raised an eyebrow, glancing between Hiro and Aveline, and his lips quirked. "You're looking a little feverish. I hope I didn't make you catch a cold?" He turned to Aveline and Charles and gave a wide smile. "Hello honored guests, we're having a Cheesecake and Beefcake special. Please excuse our new trainee, it's his first day."
    Today at 2:15 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli couldn't help but blank face at her flirty. ...I have no words, she screamed mentally as she just went back to her menu quickly, just scanning for something to order. ...Start with drinks, no? Hm...something sweet, and for once, not a soda. "...Do you have any recommendations, sir?" she asked, hoping to prod the waiter for something to drink. Maybe if she poked him, he'd be able to give good examples.
    Today at 2:16 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei bit his lip. "Oof. Okay, um, I can look for her... but I've gotta go check the kitchen. Bye!" On that note, he sped off to the aforementioned kitchen. Hiromi was angry, and he was really, really scared of angry women.
    Today at 2:16 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles just nodded as he hummed in thought. "Very well, let me find her...or..." His eyes scanned again as he went to the old women that were glaring in particular. A distraction, perhaps? With a winning smile~ "Hello, miladies, how are you? Do you need anything more?" he said, just putting on a charming grin, "Come on, surely you would want something nice?" He took an old woman's hand to slightly stroke it with his own before doing a knight kiss. "Surely this is what you want, no~?"
    Today at 2:17 PM​
  • CoffeeCake:
    Lar's spitcurls untangled for an instant and jerked to one side. He turned his head. Something, however briefly, had challenged his magnetism. But where? He turned toward Avaline. Could she have been the source? He had no time. Five women were using the hooks of their canes through his belt loops to keep him at their table while he tried to reason with them.
    Today at 2:18 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Francis oakburn would walk into the cafe, he was aware that it would be busy around this time but he simply wanted a cup of sweet tea. The petite and rather short nineteen year old would look around, his attention to the others rather lacking, he simply had no idea what was going on.
    Today at 2:19 PM​
  • Diana:
    These old ladies are definitely eating up what Charles is putting down. Does Charles even work there? They don't seem to care!
  • bananabread:
    Rei picked up a glass of cold green tea and a delicate white plate, placing the tall glass onto it and making his way swiftly to the tired man's table. He approached Kane with a smile, setting the plate and a napkin neatly in front of him. "Here you go, handsome; sorry for the wait. Do you need anything while I'm here?"
  • The Mood is Write:
    "T-thanks I... I think I'm ok," he choked, only to die inside as he felt a gentle touch on his hand, and he very nearly melted to the floor. "M-maybe I'm a little... light-headed," he admitted quietly, only to shake his head violently as he heard Eli's request for recommendations. "Ah, for drinks? We have..." He listed off the full drinks menu, then smiled. "My personal favorite is the iced matcha latte, though, with an extra shot of espresso. It's a good pick-me-up." Also a high-profit item since the ice took up a lot of ingredient space in the cup. "W... would you like that?"
    Today at 2:20 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would walk over to the counter, sighing softly as he put his headphones on and turned on some music that suited his mood. He would order some sweet tea with a slice of chocolate cake on the side, moving to side down at a table that was deserted. Francis hated being around people.
    Today at 2:22 PM​
  • Diana:
    Speaking of old lady Hinata, did someone just spot here huddling under a table hiding from her granddaughter? Nope! But it WAS one of her slippers poking out from under the table cloth. She's definitely still here somewhere.
    Today at 2:22 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    Ryuuji was impressed by Hiro's quick moving. The kid was actually kind of a natural, once he stopped tripping all over himself. "The cheesecake special is a souffle cheesecake with caramel sauce and if you buy the whole cake, you get a table-top dance for free. Thus the 'beefcake'."
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: Eli just stared at him as he rattled off the drink menu, looking blank faced in confusion. What...drink... She just continued to look blank faced before smiling a little sheepishly. "...Well, iced matcha latte? I never did like that...hm...do you have anything really sweet? A bit like a soda...but more...um, not quite flavorful, but able to dance on the tongue? Is there anything like that on the menu?" she asked as she tried to look at him in the eye. ...He was really nervous. "...That does sound nice though! Iced matcha latte? Can you tell me about the flavors? How they work together?" she chirped, just absolutely beaming at Hiro.
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • Dawn:
    There was a bit of drama going down apparently and while Kane was alert and keeping an eye on his grandmother, he wasn't about to get involved. It was entertaining at the very least, snickering at the one woman being embarrassed by the flyers and apparently another woman was miffed that there were so many old ladies moving in on her turf. His eyes flicked back to Rei though when he noticed the kind waiter approaching. Long fingers with defined, and scarred, knuckles took the glass and raised it to his lips with a nod and a smile of appreciation, but Kane paused at the question. "Are you allowed to talk for a moment? I don't want to take you away from all the grannies who would adore your presence. I'm just curious...how someone gets into this sort of business." A themed cafe. Specifically a bara cafe. Because that's what this was, right?
    Today at 2:24 PM​
  • Villamvihar:
    Aveline got the short end of the stick indeed. Oh well. Maybe she could still have her fun. Acknowledging Eli with a nod, she heard out what both of them had to say before ashe leaned back in her seat, somehow managing to emphasize her cleavage again. Being a regular at this establishment, she knew a couple of things about it and... damn it, that other customer was trying to steal attention away from her. No! She could not have that! "Ah, sorry about that by the way. I got here after a long day of work and I'm tired," she stretched to emphasize her breasts along with her elegant arms, before she also gently reached out to touch Eli's hand. "Aveline Carver." And incidentally, angling herself to tease Hiro with even more cleavage.
    Today at 2:26 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei blinked in mild surprise, a small chuckle bubbling up in his throat. "Oh, sure, we can talk." He stood there, humming to himself as he thought of an answer to his question. "Well, I mean, I just came up here and asked for a job. I needed some spending money, and this place said that they had spots open, so I asked Fujimoto-san if I could get a part-time position. After some... interesting trials, I got the job." He shrugged. "Just like any normal job, but with some quirks to it... er, sorry, what's your name, handsome?"
    Today at 2:27 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles: Charles just continued to charm them as he smiled before glancing around. His eyes widened at another customer coming in before he cleared his throat. "Excuse me for one moment, miladies, but I have other manners to attend to, I have to make everyone happy," he said as he winked at them, "Be right back!" He blew a kiss before walking over briskly to Francis, quickly checking if he was alright. "...Ah, hold on, you want your drink? Let me get it." And off he went into the kitchen, only to pause and run back to Francis. "...Wait hold on let me just check. ...Your-" He raised an eyebrow at his tea choice before going back to grinning. "...And cake. Okay I'm alright with that. ...I'll try to make it special for you! ...Maybe I can put magic into it like Santa Claus puts magic into his gifts." He blushed as he realized what he just said before clearing his throat. "Alright, getting your drink." He rushed as fast as he could in a walking phase before going to the chefs to put in his order. He let out a sigh and rubbed his temples. "...I messed up," he hissed as he shook his head, "Whatever, back to work." And the smile was back as he went around the cafe entertaining everyone.
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro: "Hmm... It... It's a little bitter on the tongue when you take your first sip, but the matcha gives it a sweet aftertaste." He grinned. "It goes well with a sweet pastry or choc... ... ..." Oh no, he was staring. Boobs. He flashed a quick 'help me' look to Ryuuji.
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would sit in the chair, startled by the human speaking to him. However his speech didn't help either, leaving the smaller teen flustered as he looked away. That was such an interesting reaction, who even believed in stupid kids stories anyway? He would scratch behind his left ear, replaying the situation over in his head and letting out a small chuckle of amusement, no one had ever been that friendly to him before, was it just work or was the server being genuine.
    Today at 2:30 PM​
  • Diana:
    Hiromi spots Hinata's shoe. She's absolutely furious, but the cafe is so crowded she can't seem to pinpoint the old woman. "I got into a fight over these flyers, Obaasan!" Giving up for the time being, Hiromi shoved her way through the cafe to take refuge in the back kitchens.
  • Astaroth:
    Ryuuji, for one, seemed utterly immune to the spell of Aveline's alluring cleavage, but he leaned in around Hiro to offer Aveline a rose. ...Wait, where did he even get a rose from?! "I'm Hirohata Ryuuji. The pastry chef and senior waiter. So. What'll it be, beautiful? Would you like the cheesecake? The beefcake? Or both?"
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: More blank face at Aveline as she was trying to be flirty. "...Welp," she mumbled before sighing and looking back at Hiro, "...A bit bitter and then a sweet aftertaste? Nice! Huh, okay, a sweet drink that plays on the tongue! What flavor? Not too strong, subtle, something that is able to bring it out? ...I was thinking cream and nuts but I'm not sure what..." She rubbed the back of her head as she glanced at Aveline again, feeling that hand there. Already she felt the need to yank it away, but that would be rude, no? Especially from a stranger. ...She just stared before slowly slipping her hand into her lap while keeping the menu pressed to her face. "...Hm, food...well, what would be good with that kind of drink I want to expect?" she asked, trying to word it so that her explanation could get across.
    Today at 2:32 PM​
  • Dawn:
    An eyebrow hiked again at the mention and emphasis on 'interesting' but Kane had an inkling of what some of that could have been. Grannies were a whole other species sometimes... He sighed, though there was a smile, at being called out on his looks. "Well, it's not handsome, I can tell you that," he teased, finally sipping at his drink. It was good, just the perfect amount of sweet. Like Rei, so far at least. "Kane. My name." Because he wasn't about to use his surname. Everyone knew that name and he wasn't here to intimidate. He was here for Granny. And maybe now for his own curiosity. "What do you do when you're not working? Are you a student? Ah sorry, that's too personal."
    Today at 2:32 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei grinned. "Well, you could've fooled me, Kane-sama—you're quite the looker." He fiddled with a strand of his hair. "It's alright to ask personal questions; I like talking to people! I'm a student, yes. I'm a third-year at Tokyo Metropolitan Kokusai. And you? You don't have to answer if you don't want to."
    Today at 2:35 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles: Aaaand he got the drink after his rounds were done and made sure to balance everything well, careful not to let the usual orders drop. "There we go, Francis!" he chirped as he gently put the plate in front of him, positioning the tea in a way he would like to drink it, "Let me know if you need anything else. ...Ah, well, you have headphones on. ...What kind of music do you like? I like all kinds, the ones I like in particular...well, I would say beautiful. ...Harps are nice. Violins too. What else? Hm...well, techno, classical, some songs, but I prefer beautiful songs. ...Though if I listen to some songs enough, they turn really nice." He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head, just appearing sheepish as he grinned. "Sorry, I'm rambling, I know, but what kinds of music do you like?"
    Today at 2:36 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro: "Perhaps a hazelnut mocha? Also available iced. It's very popular, and for good reason, and it goes well with... honestly, everything. The puff pastries are especially good, though." He gently pointed them out on the menu. "Today, they have chocolate, which matches well with the mocha, especially since the chocolate has hints of blueberry on thursdays. The bitterness of the coffee makes the blueberry sing." Oh god what was he saying, oh no, he sounded like a weirdo...
  • Villamvihar:
    Aveline felt ignored a little when Eli did not respond to her, but that was her bad. She should have responded earlier but... oooh! That Ryuuji guy! Yes! She knew him! With star-struck eyes, Aveline sighed dreamily as she took the rose. Finally, some good service! "I'll have the whole cake, please," she told him unashamedly. "With you as the cherry on top~"
  • Diana:
    Though there is a ridiculous line outside, the initial bustle of excited old ladies settles into something managable. Eli and Aveline seem to have an unspoken rivalry for the attentions of Ryuuji and Hiro, while Rei and Kane have a conversation. Kane's grandmother is completely enchanted with staring at Charles, even though Charles is chattering away at Francis.
    Today at 2:39 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "You got it." Ryuuji winked at Aveline. "Just for our special returning customer, you'll get a two-for-one with our new hire. Isn't that right?" Ryuuji clapped Hiro on the shoulder.
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The teen found himself lost in the conversations of the cafe, starting into space with a blank face. That was however until he was startled again by Charles who put his order down in front of him. He smiled shyly "thank you very much Charles" Francis responded in his heavy French accent, the teen was born In France but moved when he was a small child. When the other began to ramble, he laughed softly "it's quite alright, I enjoy listening to people.... my music taste is strange, I don't really have a genre I like but people say it's pretty emo" Francis admitted as he sipped the tea,blushing. "This is the best tea I have ever had!" He exclaimed exitedly.
  • The Mood is Write:
    Two for one!? Hiro about died. "Yes!" he squawked. "I would be honored!" His voice crackled sharply.
    Today at 2:40 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: Eli's eyes widened before she beamed. "Sweet, hazelnut mocha! ...I think I'll take it hot, it's probably better hot," she hummed as she glanced at Hiro with that smile, "Amazing flavors, nice. ...Hm, just a slice of chocolate cake! I don't usually eat much. ...Wait." Her eyes scanned the menu as she went back to look at Hiro. "...With all these different chocolate cakes in mind, a stronger one or a more subtle one? ...That fudge one is really interesting but I can't tell," she asked as she smiled again. Hopefully pushing him to relay flavors will help him open up more. ...And Aveline was weird, she could tell she was nice but...uh...not used to flirty. It was making her flustered.
    Today at 2:40 PM​
  • Dawn:
    "Ha..." A bright flush bloomed across Kane's face at the compliment, hiding his smile behind a hand. Damn, this guy was good at his job. When he lowered his hand again, he was smiling a bit more subdued, closed mouth, a bit crooked as he nodded at the name of the school with gentle respect. "T University graduate, two years ago," he replied. Eyeing Rei up and down again, he sipped his drink and considered that maybe the people who worked here weren't all desperate or uneducated. He'd assumed and made a bit of an ass of himself. "You must like it, working here, since you're here and you have a very nice smile, Rei-san. Genuine. Is there anything else you like? To do or see? Hobbies, I mean."
    Today at 2:42 PM​
  • Diana:
    As expected, with her angry granddaughter out of the room, Hinata pops out from behind a potted plant. "Welcome! Welcome! I hope you darlings are having a wonderful time! Minachan, don't forget to take advantage of our new hire specials! And don't forget to ask our servers about the Hot Buns challenge!"
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro's mind was being pulled in two directions, and he struggled to serve even Eli, who was sane compared to the rest. "The six-layer cake is a bit less sweet, with sweeter icing and a more mellow flavor," he rattled, half-fainted at the idea of being part of the beefcake. He was going to die happy.
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles: He chuckled as his eyes softened. "Emo? Yeah right, all pieces of music have a place in this world. Emo? I don't mind rock. I don't mind angsty music. I love angst. ...Screamo is a bit harsh, but I'm training my ears to like it," he laughed as he just glanced at the tea, "Thanks, I put magic in it! ...Maybe~" He chuckled again as he just leaned a bit near the counter, already wondering if it was alright to just help this particular customer open up. "...Well, what are you listening to now? I bet it's great. A rock song? A metal song? ...Maybe just something with sad lyrics? Do tell, I love music," he murmured as he just stared out into space happily.
  • Villamvihar:
    A two-in-one special? YES! Aveline just about jumped out of her skin, but she kept her cool exterior, instead opting for one of her charming, seductive smiles as she reached down to her stilettos, getting rid of them as she lifted her legs, showcasing her milky white thighs to both men and Eli as well. Shamelessly. Unabashedly. "Truly, this is the highest standard of service," she purred. "Do you boys mind?" she asked, gesturing at her legs. "I've ran myself ragged in them today..."
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • bananabread:
    "Heheh, thank you, Kane-sama—no need for the -san; I'm here to be a friend and server, so, please, you don't need to use it," Rei grinned, his cheeks warming a bit at the smile compliment. "I like sports. I play soccer and I like to go out with friends, hang out at the karaoke bar sometimes... how about you, Kane-sama? You seem like a fun guy."
    Today at 2:45 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The boy would blink and look up at Charles, looking like he was in dreamland as he turned his headphones off, them sliding down onto his neck. "I was listening to my chemical romance but I would much rather listen.... to you" he took a moment to speak his words, the pale cheeks on his face turning red. Francis didn't understand what had come over him, this was someone he just met, not a family friend. He would look away for a moment, feeling vulnerable "I um.... I don't mean to cause trouble here but I don't think I told you that I'm" the teen paused and took in a sharp breath "that I'm gay.." . Francis slumped down in the chair he was in, hiding his burning face.
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: Eli was blinking at Aveline as she stared at Hiro in worry. She didn't want to voice it though in case it would be too awkward and he panicked. "...Six-layer cake, got it! I'll have that along with my hot hazelnut mocha! ...Ah, do you need to write it down? I know not everyone has good memory and some need to write it if they are unsure they can remember later," she quipped as she stared at Aveline. ...Then her legs. Her face deadpanned as she stared before looking away, face still blank. Please no, I don't want this. I don't want the flirty. Please no, she thought to herself as she went back to the menu. Brown eyes blinked as she looked back at Hiro. "...Do you need my menu?" she asked.
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "You poor thing," Ryuuji commented. "Make yourself as comfortable as you like, Miss Aveline. Can I get you something to drink before we bring out your cheesecake?"
    Today at 2:48 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Ah... y-yes! Right!" Hiro hurriedly wrote out the order, and when she asked about the menu, he stared a moment, then smiled and offered a hand. "Please. We wouldn't want to crr..." He trailed off as suddenly... legs. Shapely legs. His jaw dropped open, and he forgot to breathe.
    Today at 2:50 PM​
  • Diana:
    Meanwhile Miss Hiromi is making the >:[ face in the kitchen, having made herself a cup of tea. She can hear her grandmother making her speech out in the dining room, but there's too many crazy ladies out there for Hiromi to deal with. She bides her time until there is the perfect moment to lecture the old woman.
    Today at 2:51 PM​
  • Dawn:
    "Then in all fairness, why don't we both drop the formalities? Rei." The rest of the drink was finished and Kane set the glass down gently, licking the sweet beverage from his lips. "I'm more of a baseball kind of guy myself. Karaoke is definitely fun. I also really enjoy building bikes. Motorcycles. I went to school for engineering and I'm good at robotics but working on bikes is such a good feeling. The smell of engine oil and exhaust is nice." He laughed his soft laugh and shook his head. "Sorry if that's weird to you. But to be fair, so is working in a cafe like this. You're good at it though. You made me blush just a moment ago. I'll take that as a sign that maybe we can be friends. Or are you prohibited from hanging out with customers?"
    Today at 2:52 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    Noticing Hiro's distress, Ryuuji slung an arm around the kid and squeezed until he took a breath.
    Today at 2:53 PM​
  • Villamvihar:
    Aveline giggled, the joy of a woman pleased beyond imagination filling the air around her with a lilting, sing-song note. Pulling a chair closer, she made sure to lift her legs just a little too high, flashing Ryuuji and Hiro with her pristine, white panties. Just as a little bit of a reward since they have served her so excellently so far. "I would love to have a mohito," she said as she leaned back in her chair and plopped her legs down on the other one. Her milky thighs still on full display. "And if you could hurry up a little with the cheesecake, I would appreciate it~"
    Today at 2:54 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles: "Oh, My Chemical Romance? I love that, it's a wonderful band! I-" And then his face blanked in surprise, frozen in a grin as he just listened to Francis. "...Oh. Um. Me? I. Um. What?" And then the gay comment and he burst out laughing. "S-S-Sorry!" he wheezed as he wiped his eyes with a gloved hand, "I didn't expect that! And? What's wrong with that? You being gay, come on, it's fine. There's nothing wrong with that! If anything your preferences are your own, if anyone hates it...well..." His eyes scanned the area as he noticed old women were staring at them, causing them to narrow in anger while he kept a smile on his face. "...Hm. Well, they want a show alright, I would think you want to be left alone," he sighed as he just bowed at Francis, "Unfortunately I'll be taking my leave...I'll be back, don't worry. ...Once they stop staring and expect me to 'entertain' you. ...I don't want you mobbed and fawned over for something you are not, just be yourself. ...Even with the gay, pfft." With another polite bow he rushed over to take a look at the things needed to be served, hoping that they would stop staring.
    Today at 2:55 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Oh, and now he felt manly muscles against him. He'd gone to heaven, but at least he took that needed breath.
    Today at 2:56 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Worse, there was also a panty shot.
    Today at 2:56 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro was dead. Absolutely dead. Blood slid from his nose, and his eyes bulged.
    Today at 2:57 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    When he began laughing, Francis would pout and fold his arms childishly "it's not funny!!" He yelled in annoyance, before noticing the stupid old ladies starting at them. The boy just sighed and went to eating his chocolate cake, lonely once again like how he started. He managed to make a mess of himself, the chocolate staining his lips.
  • bananabread:
    Rei smiled, nodding along, his eyes unintentionally following the way Kane's tongue swept over his lips. "Of course, Kane-s—Kane." The sound of a patron's name without the honorific was strange on his ears, but he got comfortable quickly. "And it's not weird at all—and you've got a good point there. This place is lovely, but not exactly normal." He giggled. "Thanks; I'd like to think that I'm not too bad at this, and, ah, I don't think that I'm prohibited, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to during work hours. How about this," Rei dipped his hands back into his apron, ripping out a piece of paper and scrawling out his phone number, setting it on the table. He took the empty glass and plate into his hands, instead. "You can call me, if you'd like. For now, I should go back to work, but call me over if you need anything or you want to chat again." He flashed Kane a quick smile before going off to the kitchen.
  • Astaroth:
    "Coming right up." Ryuuji flashed a dazzling grin and looked over Hiro's shoulder to make sure the kid had written down Eli's order, he snatched up the menus and hauled the junior waiter back toward the kitchen. "We'll be right back with your cakes and your drinks, ladies."
    Today at 2:58 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: "Okay!" she chirped as she handed her menu back at him, shooting a not so subtle glare at Aveline for kinda tormenting the poor newbie. Ow. But seriously he needed help with work, not a panty shot. "...Hey, what's working here like? I don't mind you telling me, um...right, right, I forgot your names, sorry! I don't have good memory, can you introduce yourselves again? But what's working here like?" ...Maybe she can infiltrate and crossdress- oh wait they were gone. ...Oh well! She just glanced around the cafe, trying not to look at Aveline due to her awkwardness. ...She did kind of glare, so...
    Today at 2:58 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro could only stumble after him, dazed by the combo attack against his fragile young mind. Once in the kitchen with Ryuuji, he sagged against the other man, face burning hot as legs and panties, seared into his mind, threatened to end his life.
    Today at 3:00 PM​
  • Diana:
    "Makochan, you look as ancient as ever," Hinata worked the room of ladies while her boys got things done. ..not without slapping ass whenever she passed by one of male servers.
    Today at 3:00 PM​
  • Dawn:
    Kane watched Rei scurry off, cheek in palm again. His free hand toyed with the slip of paper for a moment or two before he plucked it up, read the numbers, and tucked it until his jeans pocket. Then he went back to focusing on his phone, texting his best friend about meeting a cool guy they might like hanging with.
    Today at 3:01 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei smiled slightly at Hiro's red face, setting the dish into the sink and patting the top of Hiro's head. "Are you alright, rookie? Too much for you?"
    Today at 3:02 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    "Whoa," said Ryuuji. "Thought I told you not to pass out." Steadying the smaller teen, he tapped him on the nose with his order pad. "I can't have you falling off the table. You gonna live?" He glanced at Rei. "Get him a glass of water, yeah?"
    Today at 3:03 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles: Charles was back making his rounds again as he kept staring at Francis in worry, but he had to be a bit subtle if he wanted to protect him from elitist. ...Freaking old elitist. Anyway, he's going to be charming, don't mind him. "Miladies?" he hollered as he got near a stage, a grin on his face, "Shall I sing a song? Surely you all would want me to entertain~" His grin got even wider at a thought. "...Oooh, I know! Something from...this band!" He began to sing Monsters with a grin on his face, dangerous and eyes glinting as he danced around happily, making sure Francis was happy. A song he liked, and surely he would be alright if he sang of his own inner darkness. ...He didn't mind playing the yandere~ And as he went to older patrons, he pretended to be quite dangerous, just making sure they knew he was acting the part of the yandere...while plotting their downfall.
  • Villamvihar:
    With a dreamy sigh, Aveline let Ryuuji and the new hire walk away from the table. Despite the conspiracy of the old ladies to deprive her of mancandy, she succeeded! Blindingly so! She let herself relax for a second, her shoulders slumping a little so she could get away from the stress of her work. Hell. That had been hell! Still, she might as well make the best of it. After a couple of seconds of relaxing, she turned towards Eli. "Sorry if I was being rude," Aveline told her. "It's just been a long day at work," she explained and flashed her a charming smile.
  • bananabread:
    "'Course," Rei nodded, grabbing a clean glass and filling it with water. He brought it to Hiro's lips. "Take a sip, Hiro-kun. Unless you want me to splash it on your face."
    Today at 3:04 PM​
  • Diana:
    Those old ladies squealed like they were fourteen again, all for Charles! Wait, did someone just throw a giant pair of granny panties at him!?
    Today at 3:05 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: Eli just nodded as she listened to everything around her, eyes widening as someone was being...a very nice and hot and charming yandere. God. Dammit. Her. "...Yeah, sorry," she apologized quickly before giggling a little, "...It really has been long day, no?" She just sighed as she glanced back, grimacing at the old women screaming at a much younger man. "...Ew. These people are gross," she hissed, "This is fanservice, yes, but they are people too. They- Did that one just throw a pair of panties at him?" Her eyes were narrowed as she seethed, glaring with hate. "God leave him alone he's a person too, just stop that, he doesn't need that kind of thing. He just needs a normal and calm interaction where he doesn't have to worry about being put on the spot. As freaking fanservice." She continued to his and ramble, forgetting about Aveline a little.
    Today at 3:07 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    He blinked hard to force himself out of the thigh stupor, and nodded numbly before he sipped at the water. "Th... thank you," he managed in a tiny squeak of a voice. "I... I wasn't... prepared for panties..."
    Today at 3:08 PM​
  • bananabread:
    Rei laughed. "Most people aren't. Don't sweat it." He set the glass into Hiro's hand. "You ready to go out again, or do you wanna take a break? That guy out there is doing a good job of entertaining right now, so you can probably afford a little rest."
    Today at 3:09 PM​
  • Astaroth:
    Ryuuji let out a bark of laughter and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, that lady can be a bit much. You just have to know what customers you can't handle and pass 'em to one of the other servers. But her tips are fucking MASSIVE, so if you can learn to deal with it it's worth it." Ryuuji glanced at Rei. A break seemed like a good idea. "I was actually about to go take my smoke break real fast, if either of you wanna tag along."
    Today at 3:10 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would stare up at Charles as he preformed, smiling happily. The boy was entertained by the performance, ordering another cup of sweat tea and drinking it slowly. Whilst the Male was preforming, he would stare at his curves and heated up, wanting to feel them... He would yawn gently, hoping that Charles would stop by again.
    Today at 3:11 PM​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: God. Damn. Patrons. Eli was seething as his fellow waiter was being assaulted by the other patrons, just serving drinks while he kept a smile on his face. Blue eyes were dimmed as he thought of how to get him out of that situation, but... "...Surely there needs to be something else, hm?" he muttered as he glanced at Charuru just singing and dancing. ...A false smile and a dangerous glare. Oh yes. Acting the part. ...Wait. He grinned mischievously as he went towards his fellow waiter too. "Oh, a song?" he sang, "I can sing, I can sing quite well. Hm, if you play that part...then I will be evil too!" And he burst into a song that sounded more like a digitized voice, somehow able to change his voice. He couldn't help but chuckle at Charle's jolting at the sudden thing before cackling. "Have fun!" And then an autotune voice as he sang about a full course for candy addicts, whirling around with his own menus expertly as he sang of eating people. Joy. And he's going to keep that crazy look on his face, don't mind him!
    Today at 3:12 PM​
  • Villamvihar:
    Aveline let out a small sigh as she realised she got seated next to one of those moralising types. Not that Eli was particularly wrong in her criticism of the old ladies, but she came here to relax, not to wax philosophical about the waiters. "It may seem that way, but they chose this job and it pays them well," especially when she visited them, but Eli did not need to know that. "It is their choice to be here. If they didn't like the attention, they wouldn't have accepted the job," she summarised her opinion, leaning completely back against her chair to rest off the day's stress.
    Today at 3:13 PM​
  • Dawn:
    Kane watched his grandmother for a little bit, amused with how full of piss and vinegar she was today. It was nice to see her thriving and happy even at her age. But when she tossed her panties (how the heck she'd even taken them off was beyond him!) he laughed and got up and went to sit at her table. He settled in beside her and like a good grandson he tolerated all the cheek pinching from her friends, face red with mild embarrassment. But he didn't say much and he just sat with his grandmother and occasionally would laugh, flustered by the hijinks of this bizarre cafe and the thirst of these old ladies.
    Today at 3:13 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I... that sounds good, I... I need some air," he agreed with a nod. "The... those two, they'll be ok, right?"
    59 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    Oh no, the crowd's interest had turned. Didn't someone warn the staff not to play anything too auto-tuned to the elder the crowd? Canes of anger were being lifted into the air!
    58 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    "They should be," Rei smiled. He looked to Ryuuji. "I'll pass on the break. I'll go out there and see how it is." He patted them both on the shoulders before backing away. "See you later!"
    57 minutes ago​
  • chaosheart13:
    Charles: Welp, he was done. And he was grinning as Eli began to sing, his own normal way of singing, those lilts...nice! "Swe-" He jolted at the autotune voice as he blanked in surprise before laughing. "Every time. Every damn time. Seriously?" And then he sang about eating people and candy. ...Ooooh, yandere song singing time! "I must be evil, oh how grand for it to be!" he said dramatically as he pretended to swoon, a charming grin on his face, "Miladies, while he entertains you, I'll be helping others. Oh, but surely...they would love me dangerous~" He blew a kiss and walked briskly away, keeping a smile on his face as he let his fellow worker sing. ...Maybe it would be best to check on Francis. Good thing the panties fell to the ground. He sighed as he walked over, clearly rubbing his temples. "...An awful display, no? These women..." he muttered as he sighed, "You doing okay? I sang that song for you actually. I know of that band, I wanted to be sure you would enjoy it. ...They do not need it. You did. So. Did you enjoy my singing?" He was a bit shy as he chuckled, rubbing the back of his head as he asked.
    56 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    "See you in a few minutes," Ryuuji told Rei with a playful mock-salute. He slapped the tickets up on the line and then pulled Hiro towards the side door that led behind the cafe. "Hey. What did you say your name was again?"
    55 minutes ago​
  • chaosheart13:
    Ely: "...True," she sighed as she stared at everything around her, "...Ew they're turning worse." She glanced back at Aveline as she tried to think of a different topic. "...So, you came here to unwind, right? Do you normally come here? ...And is it always this rowdy?" she asked as she just stared at everything, "...These people, I swear...still, a normal conversation, no? ...Hm. Actually, uh...I like to write. Do you write anything? ...And they're singing too, do you like singing or music? What kinds?" She sort of rambled as she tried to get a different thing going, just to distract, just to have fun, maybe something to ignore the chaos around them, surely that would be best?
    54 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei moved to the front of the café, trying to make the ladies happy again. "Would you like anything from me? I can get something for you from the kitchen, if you'd like. Sorry about that, do you need anything?"
    52 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Nakadashi Hiro," he introduced, family name first as he gave a nod, "And... my brain is fuz... fuzzy so... your name?"
    52 minutes ago​
  • chaosheart13:
    Eli: He just laughed as they began to screech at him. "Come on, come on! I'm just a villain, surely you would love that! Oh, not the right voice? How about this?" He then sang very sweetly as he did a song about liking the clouds that were turning into sheeps. That he made himself. Well, it was a nice song, come on! And honestly it did sounded pleasant to the ears, no? He just looked completely innocent as he sang while maintaining an air of composure.
    51 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He would shyly smile "yeah I'm doing okay, you were beautiful when you sang up there, I kinda don't wanna leave you here" the boy said slyly as he smiled. The boy would yawn before looking up at Charles, blinking before quickly planting a kiss on his lips "that's what I thought to your song"
    51 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    One lady insists that she gets her table dance from Rei, straight away! And thankfully for the whole cafe, man-Eli's second song goes over way better. They put away their canes.
    49 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    "Hirohata Ryuuji." He shouldered the door open, fishing a pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of his apron pocket. Leaning against the back wall of the cafe, he flicked the lighter and cupped his hand against the breeze with a cigarette in his mouth. He glanced at Hiro as the end lit up in orange. "So. Why do you wanna work at Macho Cafe so bad, anyhow? You seem like a nice kid."
    48 minutes ago​
  • Villamvihar:
    Aveline nodded. Despite an off-colour start, it looked like her... table-mate...? was not bad company. A little bit rambly, yes, however, Aveline knew she was not without her own flaws either. A surprisingly sensible thing for her to hold onto, especially given her behaviour so far. "I come here to relax, yeah... And normally, it isn't so busy. I don't know why so many old ladies are here. It's usually a younger crowd," she said, then interspersed a little pause in her thoughts along with a slight laugh. "I don't write, but I do like music. The classical kind," she explained. "It's good for unwinding after a long, long day..." Speaking of long. Where was her cheesecake and mojito?
    48 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei sighed heavily, a brief break in his easygoing smile before it reappeared on his lips. Customers could be very lively, that was for sure. "Of course, beautiful. Anything for you!"
    48 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I... love beefy men... and... and I want to be one," he admitted, completely red. "I've been working out every day to try to beef up..."
    46 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei made sure that there was nothing in the way before stepping fluidly onto the table and swiveling his hips around smoothly, smiling as brightly as possible at the older lady. "I hope that you enjoy yourself lots, beautiful; that's all I'd ask from you." With that, he suppressed another sigh and bent over slightly in front of her, moving 'that ass' as well as he could remember.
    46 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    Someone shouts out HELICOPTER SPIN but no one is really sure what that means. Doesn't stop the room of nursing home elders from clapping their hands and starting to chant, HELICOPTER SPIN! HELICOPTER SPIN! HELICOPTER SPIN!
    44 minutes ago​
  • Dawn:
    As a group of elderly women chant 'helicopter spin', Kane just sits there, a palm over his red, red face, silently laughing so hard there may or may not be tears.
    43 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    "Huh." Ryuuji didn't laugh, like Hiro might have anticipated. "Fair enough. Good a reason as any, I guess." He offered Hiro the cigarette pack, although he looked like he didn't expect him to accept. "I work here because I like making the pastry and the tips are good."
    43 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    Hiromi, still in the kitchen, hears this chanting and dies just a little inside. What a perfect example of why her grandmother's cafe is nothing but a ruination of her life!
    41 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Also... I like eating here sometimes..." Of course, he was only ever spotted when he came to apply for the job, so was he even a regular? He knew the food well...
    41 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    It may, or may not have been Hinata herself who started the chant. Who knows? She's innocently chatting with another table!
    40 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Mildly confused but willing to please, a small chuckle slipped out of his mouth as Rei eyed a red-faced, laughing Kane. "I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure if I can do that, beauties. Will this suffice?" Rei took off his apron in a flash, tossing it to the ground and slowly pulling up his shirt as he danced on the table. As embarrassing as this was, it was also fun—a wide, genuine grin stretched his face as he did so.
    40 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    "Yeah?" The corner of Ryuuji's mouth turned up as he took another drag. "You like my sweet stuff, huh?"
    39 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The whole room of old ladies erupts into what sounds like one giant heart attack. Needless to say, Rei is going to get a lot of tips.
    38 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Oh no, those words were enough to send his imagination into overdrive. His bisexual heart couldn't take it. "Yes," he managed in the tiniest squeak of a voice.
    37 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    "I'm glad that you're enjoying, my loves," Rei laughed, thwipping off his shirt as he swayed his hips one last time and hopped off the table. Shirt balled up in his hand, he gave the dance-requesting lady a flourishing bow, taking her hand and lightly kissing her knuckles. "Thank you for requesting me to dance, beautiful; I hope that you come again soon." With a cheeky smile and a light chuckle, Rei gathered his discarded clothes and moved to the kitchen to put on his clothes in private.
    35 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    Rei receives quite a dark look from Hiromi when he enters the kitchen. She doesn't have to say a word, he can clearly see that she disapproves!
    34 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    The ruckus indoors was loud enough to reach the alleyway, and Ryuuji let out an agitated groan. "Goddamn. I think they might be getting too rowdy in there for me to finish this cigarette." He pinched the end out between his fingers and slipped it back into the pack. "You ready to get back into the fray? Sounds like they need us."
    33 minutes ago​
  • Dawn:
    Welp. That had been a thing. Rei doing a sexy dance on the table. Kane's granny was pleased of course. Kane was tomato red and still laughing into his hands. Both hands now because one just could not cover the amount of awkward embarrassment all over his face. And yet... Well it had been nice. Good gods.
    32 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei bit his bottom lip to hold back a smile at Hiromi's look, his good mood holding up against his fear of angry women. "Sorry, Hiromi-san. The Cheesecake & Beefcake deal did promise a table dance." He pulled his shirt back on, fixing the buttons and straightening out the collar. He tied his apron back around his waist, shot her an impish grin, and walked back out. A patron with a waiter (what was his name again? He was singing...) were stationed nearby, and he offered a wave to them before turning his attention to the rest of the crowd. How would he get back in the groove, he wondered?
    30 minutes ago​
  • Villamvihar:
    For the moment, Aveline's companion seemed distracted as she did not reply to her. Which just meant more time for her to relax, letting her poor, poor feet cool off after what she had been through today. Could the designers not make something more comfortable? Gods... She hoped her order would arrive soon, because that would surely be the high point of her day.
    30 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "O-oh... y-yes, and we should... take the food to those two," he managed, and then remembered... One of them ordered the cheesecake with beefcake. He was going to die pretending to be a beefy man with a beefy man and his life would be complete. And they were going to do it for a sexy lady with crazy nice legs. Death was coming. He was going to die, and he couldn't stop his nervous laughter.
    26 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    As they headed back inside, Ryuuji grabbed up a cheesecake from the dessert case and mixed a quick mojito for Aveline, then made sure Hiro found the mocha cake and drink for Ely without a hitch. When they returned to the girls' table, he flashed another million-dollar smile. "Sorry for the wait. Our poor little Hiro got a bit dehydrated. I've brought complementary petit fours for you both to apologize. And of course, your Beefcake order is ready too."
    26 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei looked to the side at the patron and waiter pair, wondering what exactly they were doing. His curious mind ran laps (were they discussing a drug deal? Were they talking about the super-secret martial arts tournament? Were they star-crossed lovers? He'd been watching too many movies, lately...) and he went over to offer them a smile and a few friendly words. "Hi there! My name's Tokieda Rei; could I help you with anything today?"
    26 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would blink "oh! Um, hi. You could fetch me some crisps please, any flavour would do" the customer smiled softly as he looked at the new Male. He would still have a flushed face, what time was this for someone to interrupt?!
    24 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Yes!" Hiro exclaimed, as, movements wooden, he set the drink and cake down for Ely, careful not to be loud or clumsy. "I'm sorry." Beefcake beefcake beefcake... death approached as his face grew ever-redder.
    24 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    "Of course," Rei smiled. His gaze flickered between the waiter and the customer, wondering. "Right away, cutie." He sped off to the kitchen to search for snacks.
    23 minutes ago​
  • Villamvihar:
    Oh, they were back! Leaning forwards from her position, making sure that her elbows pushed her breasts together to form some fantastic cleavage, Aveline smiled at them winningly. "Thank you so much, Ryuuji-san... that is how you say it properly, yes?" she asked as she made sure to brush Ryuuji's hand as she took her drink and the cheesecake. She leaned slightly more forward than she had to, just in case. She made herself comfortable on her chairs, no doubt drawing attention to her shapely legs as well, while she took a long sip of her favourite alcoholic drink. "I'm watch~ing~"
    22 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The boy would flush even more, how many people were going to flirt with him today? He would turn his attention to Hiro dancing, laughing under his breath at the stupid atmosphere.
    22 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei found a decently-sized bag of shrimp crackers, hoping that they would suffice. He returned to the main café, watching curiously for the awaited dance as he made his way over to the boy. "Here you go, cutie. Need anything else?"
    20 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Hiro's eyes widened. Oh no, it was time. They had to get on the table, didn't they? He looked, wide-eyed, at Ryuuji for the other to take the lead.
    20 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He would take the shrimp crackers, smiling softly as he thanked the other for the action. Francis eagerly began to eat the crackers, they were decent enough.
    19 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    Ryuuji was up on the table in a flash. Thankfully the tables were sturdy and the ceilings were high enough to accommodate the huge teenager as he climbed up and then extended a hand to haul Hiro up onto the table with him. He yanked off his uniform tie and tossed it into Aveline's lap, then slowly started to unbutton his uniform shirt, revealing the muscles Hiro had noticed underneath. "How do you like your order, miss? Satisfying?"
    19 minutes ago​
  • bananabread:
    Rei nodded, satisfied with his good work as he watched. He whistled at the sight of Ryuuji's abs, doing what he did best: heckle. "Damn, that's one hell of a beefcake, if I've ever seen! Can I get a side of skinny-cut fries with that? Hiro-kun, dance!"
    17 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The teen would finish the crackers, looking over at Charles with a sad glisten in his eyes, would he ever see him again? Francis slipped his headphones back onto his head, standing up and playing some MCR as he left the cage, smiling softly. What an interesting day this was.
    16 minutes ago​
  • Villamvihar:
    Aveline's eyes sparkled with joy as she hummed her approval of the show, leaning forwards and no doubt causing ever more fluster in Hiro. This place really was the best! And Ryuuji was so handsome... she bit down on her lips without even being conscious of it, her tongue licking the inside of her mouth as she savoured every single fraction of a second that she got to see. Oh what she would not give to get her hands on that sexy, sexy piece of mancandy...
    16 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Oh noooo Ryuuji just one-handed pulled him up onto the table. This was the one thing he hadn't practiced, and he was already half-naked except the towel around his shoulders and his pants. Tears teased his eyes at being called a side of skinny-cut fries, but... no! He couldn't wimp out! Not here! Not now! He closed his eyes and made an awkward movement that might have been some sort of dance... wait, was that a bon festival dance step?
    14 minutes ago​
  • Dawn:
    Thankfully Granny Ichiki had her fill of beefy men and after a round see ya laters to her friends, Kane escorted her out of the shop. But not before casting a smile Rei's way on the way out. He doubted he'd ever come back here without his grandmother, but maybe just maybe he'd make use of that slip of paper in his pocket...
    14 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The little cafe deep in Tokyo certainly has a long day to go yet, so we slowly fade out, knowing many old ladies were pleased, including Fujimoto Hinata whose advertising techniques are questionable at best. Tune in next time for MACHO CAFE: SECRET MARTIAL ARTS GAMBLING TOURNAMENT?
    13 minutes ago​
  • Astaroth:
    When Hiro didn't immediately loosen up on his own, Ryuuji essentially began to treat him as a prop, pulling him close and shaking his hips as he wiggled on top of the table for the ladies. "Hey, it's okay," he said under his breath into the kid's ear. "They're getting what they paid for."
    13 minutes ago​
  • CoffeeCake:
    Meanwhile, in the Kitchen Lars was shushing a patron's breathless questions as he fanned her with her own sunhat in one hand and helped her take doses of her oxygen with the other. She was stretched across a table. "Señora, please. Right now eet ees eemportant that you breathe. And, no. I do not think we were seen. As you know, I have been known to move lightly upon my feet." Once she finished giggling, he held her concerned gaze. "I can not promise you exclusivity. To do so would betray the cafe, its patrons... and Lady Fujimoto. " He wiped her tears, helped her sit up and replaced her sunhat. "What I can promise... is that I will be here for you whenever you return." She hugged him, and he helped her to her feet. Lifting her oxygen tank as though it weighed no more than a yoga mat, he helped her walk back to her seat with his free arm.

Bonus Ryuuji reference GIF:

tenor.gif

I am sad I missed the fun, but school first. Someday I will have my assless chapps revenge

• Haha
Reactions: Astaroth
HELLO FRIENDS! I have the rest of may CLEAR to schedule A SEQUEL!

My tentative date for this is Thursday the 14th. Is this going to work for everyone who wants to be on board for the sequel, or do I need to do a little shifting around?

IM excited

Last edited:
Will there be another one after this? I won't be able to make this one, but I have a character I would like to have visit the Macho Cafe. :)

The next Charp after this one will not be Macho Cafe, but if enough people are requesting it, I can do third installment of Macho Cafe in the near future. 8D

Joining late:

anime-art-girl-shy-1222369.jpeg

Name: Nomiki Sojimoto
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Nomiki is extremely shy and socially awkward. She dresses in Mori style earth tones that let her fade into the background. Since she has a stutter, she avoids talking when she can. She excels in mathematics, geometry, and technical drawing. She is very curious, and has wide-ranging interests in arcane disciplines like Hermeticism, Sacred Geometry, Permaculture, architecture, science, and design. She has recently developed an interest in computer science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, but hasn't had much time to develop skills in those areas.

She usually keeps a journal with her, which she fills with esoteric geometric sigils, technical drawings of organic-looking buildings and cityscapes, design ideas for hydroponic systems, Permaculture gardens, and the like.

c43c16bf02b37037741a275acd9d8681.jpg

The journal is very precious to her, so she avoids drawing in it when others might be in a position to take it from her. It's not uncommon to see her with some hefty and arcane tome, like a volume of Buckminster Fuller's Synergetics, The Temple of Man by R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz, or a college textbook on math or physics.

Nomiki enjoys being alone in nature, meditation and Hermetic spiritual practice, cycling (she has a recumbent tadpole trike), and Tai Chi. She is completely out of her depth when it comes to the more common interests of those around her, like movies, celebrities, politics, sports, and gossip. She's also pretty inept at reading social cues. She often feels like an alien observer on Earth, forever separate from the humans. She does try to be kind to others in need, when she can overcome her shyness and awkwardness. She wishes she could experience their intangible treasures, like friendship and romance, but who wants to share those things with a Loser?

Bio:
Nomiki's parents are driven high-achievers who only have time for her older brother Masaki, who is preparing to go to University to study economics and business and follow his father's footsteps in the family's investment firm. When they notice Nomiki at all, she is a disappointment in their eyes, seemingly unlikely to make anything of herself or even marry well. Masaki is not unkind to her, but he's much better at analyzing price-to-earnings ratios and commodities charts than relating to his quiet sister.

In school, Nomiki's stutter and quiet demeanor instantly marked her as an outcast and a target for bullies. When Nomiki was introduced to mathematics, it came as a revelation. 2 + 2 equaled 4, never anything else. Math was just true, never capricious or mean, and it didn't care what the popular kids thought. Since more often than not the popular kids thought it was "hard" and didn't like it, it became a secret realm for Nomiki that no one else could invade. Her love for it only increased as she discovered geometry, then algebra, and the fact that equations could be used in science, to predict things like the outcome of chemical reactions, the flight of rockets, and even the origins and behavior of the Cosmos itself. It was like a superpower!

Then her mathematical explorations led her to Pythagoreanism and the work of Buckminster Fuller. Whole new realms of math and geometry with the added bonus of a spiritual worldview.

15b79a0bc0fb3af4900b1a47ac91589e.jpg

Fuller's work opened a doorway into the realm of ecologically sustainable design, a purpose to which she can hope to apply herself. She keeps all this to herself of course, because there's no one in her life with whom she could even begin to share her interests, passions, and feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.