» Chasing Tomorrow | | A Modern Adventure

*fights with Torsty in the background*

BUT MY COLOUR IS GREY! YOU BIG STEALY STEAL-HEAD WITH THE THIEVING AND THE TREACHERY!

Yay! Here is my CS!

Name:
Lana David
Appearance: alt tattoo girl.jpg
Current Occupation:Line cook, three different restaurants
Specialty:Has been in the kitchen as long as she can remember and is actually quite skilled despite not having any formal training.

Personality: Lana can come across as being quite abrasive at first glance, but beneath the sarcasm and various other emotional defense mechanisms she is actually quite warm. Years of working in the food service industry have given her an odd, perverse sort of gallows humor which she tries to reign in when around those not in the business. Issues with both commitment and abandonment make romantic relationships extremely complicated and short-lived. Intelligent, not not necessarily educated.

Brief History:Her parents divorced when she was just entering junior high school and after that visits from her father became more and more rare until he stopped contact altogether. Lana's mother did the best she could on her own but with failing health not helped by working multiple jobs just to make ends meet, Lana was quick to find work as soon as she was legally allowed to. She started as a teenager doing the only work she was qualified for at the time: washing dishes and busing tables. As her mother's health became steadily poorer, Lana worked more and more, dropping out of school in order to take on a second job. Rising steadily through the ranks and gaining skill, Lana also began to adopt much of the attitude of her coworkers; she felt a sense of belonging among this alternative subculture that the restaurant industry seemed to employ and her appearance reflected that.

Her mother was hospitalized a short while ago, and Lana took on yet another job in order to pay for medical care. She's had to start using a popular street drug in order to have the energy in order to run from job to job.

One Wish: To be stable, not having to worry about bills or when she might have time to sleep.

One Flaw: There are many, but chief among them would be her ability to alienate people just meeting her.

One Loss: Her father walking out. It seemed as if all their troubles began then. Not just the loss of a family member but of stability, her mother's health, her childhood, and innocence.

One Connection: Her mother, her various kitchen families; it means acceptance and a lack of judgment.

Asmu, Torsty will be a lighter gray, haha c:

EDIT:

characters updated ^^ let's start on sunday! tomorrow, right? haha c: I forgot for a second!

I'm planning a chapter-style roleplay so that way anyone who joins up after Sunday can jump into the second chapter :D

*Turns up with his set of grey crayons*

They say there's 50 different kinds of shades of grey...

*picks out one crayon from the package*

But you can't have my LIGHT GREY, cuz it's mine, all mine! >=|

Yaaay! I'm so excited to get this going! I think I might have a friend who is going to join too.

^^ You're making me excited, haha c: I'm trying to keep serious & make it a cool intro, LOL.

Hope you like it! THE IC IS UP

It's kind of a pick-your-adventure-inspired opening :] so feel free to do what you like. Just know that people are there and/or arriving so you're not the only one at the corner, in the rain. ^^

>>If you want a hint/idea/plot-moving-event for your post, just send me a PM! ^^ I can tell you what I have planned next (well tentatively planned anyways) if you'd like to move it along.

Umm... I hate to be that person, but Lana's last name is David. o_o Not Davicl, though its right of you scoot the 'c' and the 'l' closer together. XD

Reactions: 1 person
I was wondering which it was! Because of the text, I wasn't sure. I'll correct all the references :) Thanks for being polite about it ^^

EDIT: Should take a moment to update, but everything's fixed ^o^

Thank you so much! It's not a difficult mistake to make, given how the text looks. ^.^

Bwaaaa.... I am the suck with formatting. I'd like to include my picture with the post, but I have no idea what I'm doing. T_T

Oh, no worries!

[noparse]

[IMG align = left/right/center] url link of picture [/IMGA]

[/noparse]

Sakura was kind enough to make pictures that fit for our posts so long as we make them big enough so if picture editing isn't your thing then no worries to that. However, the formatting is something I think a lot of people are wondering about thus I will unveil the secrets.

For the Boarder around a post one must put in the code (replace all parenthesis with square brackets [] ) (SOLID=color)(/SOLID) The color can be any color even hexcode and Solid can actually be replaced with dash to make it like Sakura's first boxed post.

As for the picture as I'm sure that's what everyone is looking to use I went into photoshop and cropped my picture down to my characters face and changed it to 150x150px. If you cannot do this like I said Sakura has made some lovely avatars on the first page for each character. Once you have the picture (and hosted of course) one just has to follow this code. (IMGA=alignment)imageurl(/IMGA) Replace alignment with right, left, or center and the text will wrap around the picture.

Also don't forget that positioning of the code is important. Place the IMGA code in the beginning of the post if you want the picture where mine was in the first post and the alignment right. As for the boarder all the text that you want inside the boarder has to be between the code ie to get "He was gone only for a moment." in a boarder would look like this: (SOLID=color)He was gone only for a moment.(/SOLID) Hope that helps all of ya.

EDIT: What Sakura said is a summary of what I have :) Plus her post just revealed to me the coding to display coding. [noparse]
[/noparse]

It helps so so much! Thank you guys! *editedit*

Pironiichan, you should tag that post each time someone asks, haha c:

&lol, yeah I use noparse tags ^^ I learned it from Dananachan.

Yay! Everyone's posts are awesome! I'll post for Ophelia soon :]

Name: Raymond Foster
Appearance:
images

Current Occupation: Collage Student/ Boxer
Personality: Ramond is a fun guy and is mostly unpredictable. He loves to hang out more than anything and can be goofy but when it comes to serious situations he is calm and assertive. He also tends to have a short temper which leads him into many arguments and brawls.
One Wish: To find the perfect girl.
One Flaw: He has commitment issues
One Loss: The death of his Parents and younger brother and sister.
Once Connection: To him having friends and people close to him helps him forget the fact that he feels alone and dosent have anyone.
Breif History: Raymond grew up with a saddened childhood. When he was only six years old his father died in a car accident by a drunk driver. His family was never the same after that but it go worst. His younger sister was brutially murdered while heading to her friends hows when he was eight and when he was thirteen his younger brother drowned in the swimming pool. After all the close deaths he has been truamitzed by it and never felt the nned to love anyone. Befoere long his mother passed away from cancer leaving him alone.

i dont have a personal message

It's because your character wasn't up until after Sunday morning ^^
I'll add Raymond to the list & a personal message too. Just wait for it.

Thanks for joining~