» Chasing Tomorrow | | A Modern Adventure

O.O
Name: Celia Daemon

Appearance:
Gia_by_WarrenLouw-1.jpg
Current Occupation: Lounge/Cafe Guitarist/Singer.
Specialty: Bon Iver and Damian Rice songs. Really only sings indie music.

Personality: Celia is a bit more relaxed than most people at times. She enjoys playing music, and that's about all that really matters to her. Well, that and her laptop. She is a gamer in her free time, which is why she always has a wireless headset around her neck or on her head. She is shy at first, but as she warms up to you, she is somewhat silly. She is a mix between a goth and a hippie, though she's just as normal as anyone else.

Brief History: Growing up in a house of six wasn't easy for her as the oldest. When she was young, the economy began its spiral downward, and her family soon became poor. Two of her brothers and her only sister were put up for adoption when she was fourteen; things were just too hard to handle, yet she somehow found herself in a chipper mood as she always had been. One day, she found an old guitar sitting next to a dumpster, it's strings broken and flittering side to side in the wind. She decided to take it up. As soon as she could afford a set of strings, her musical career began. She was a natural musician, and at the age of sixteen, she was asked to play in local cafes. As she got older, her taste in music changed from the repeating chords of pop culture to ever changing notes of abstract indie music. It was all she listened to in the car. She finally settled in on a few different artists. Though she had never had a boyfriend - or any close guy friends for that matter - she always tried to be as nice as she could to everyone. She was easy enough to get along with. Sometimes, she even got into a conversation while she was busking on street corners. She always enjoyed that.

One Wish: Find someone she loves with ever fiber of her being, and have a decent guitar.

One Flaw: Blushes often, and is sometimes distracted.

One Loss: The loss of her two brothers and sister when they were adopted into other families.

One Connection: To connect with other people for her is huge. Though she often doesn't connect through words, she easily connects through her music. When she does speak, though, she finds that human company is the best thing in the world.

[SPOILI][/SPOILI]Name: Cersily Lasniv
Appearance: [SPOILI]
1287003113308-1.jpg
[/SPOILI]
Current Occupation: unemployed
Specialty: Finding a way to make the most of situations.

Personality: Her outer personality is one of bubbly, smile-ly, contagious laughter which can infect others and instantly whisk people up into her "feel-good" vibes. There have been many times where she finds people remember her from only one night of knowing her, months and months ago. This influence is not without a trade-off. Most are unable to take her seriously when she stops having fun and needs to focus on life. Her inner personality is obsessed with finding a way to continue to perpetuate her outer personality, even though it isn't quite genuine. She's a woman of child-like behavior and risky decisions.

Brief History: Cersily was and is trapped into the role of "baby of the family", raised with one brother, and a range of hobbies. She was sickly as a child, with probably he own private cabinet of medical files in her hospital. She was raised with good intentions, though, she was sheltered. Her brother fought the cozy cocoon of life that their parents provided, and broke away as soon as he was of age. Through his rebelliousness, she learned of his seedy activities, which rose curiosity in her mind. A bond with alcohol was formed and the rest was history. She's fought the bottle in a love-hate relationship, and at this point, is unable to be in the room with a drop of weak beer. Either way, at the start of each day, she wakes up in her house, and at the end of the night, she's creeping back in before daylight peaks in. She exists to have fun and shrinks away from stress and problems. She's currently in the healthiest relationship she's ever had, but it hasn't stopped her from getting into mischief. her upbringing by mild parents, and her current lifestyle is constantly at war in her head, leading to an interesting self-loathing.

One Wish: Genuine happiness without medications or drugs or bottles, to be able to look herself in the mirror and not hate the person she sees.

One Flaw: Self-loathing

One Loss: Her dreams of a flowery future with a husband, kids, the "white-picket-fence" dream were ruined by what she saw as her friend- a cynical being, who questioned everything in reach of understanding. In one night of drinking and fun-times, the light-hearted talk took a drastic turn and her dream was brought into question, and then distorted. The talk turned to an argument and then escalated to a fight. In the end, his words rang true to her inner fears of being seen as an incomplete human being and unable to achieve that happiness of a family, much less a partner in life. He had earned himself a split lip and she walked away with a bad knee and broken hope.

One Connection: Being let into other people's lives enough to be sought out in times of trouble. She sees her self-worth as a dependent on how she can help her friends. Therefore, if she can't help fix something, she's unable and unfit to be in that person's life. A bit drastic, but the lows are worth the highs of getting a friend through the worst of issues. Her morals are loose enough to have her definition of "help" to range from the understandable to the inconceivable. It's her version of loyalty. She's bent on bending til she breaks for those she cares about, and in her lifestyle, she's on the breaking point every other day- even so, she continues to do it.

Another gritty future with a single promise of hope? Signing up and filling out the form come tomorrow.

Yay! More cool characters :D Welcome, welcome! ^^

Made little profile-character icons under "The People" c: Came out messier than I wanted, but it's all good xD

EDIT: pretty dreamlog under The Dreams, hehe c: I was bored ^^

hat is really kinda awesome, Sakura!

Wee~ I'm so excited, and yay images! If it's not too much to ask, can I have a space rock since I don't have a face?

Haha, sure! But if you can find a picture or a drawing, I'll change yours :) I'll switch it to space rock for now, lol! :]

Yup! I'm on the look out for a face. =D Also, I love the dream log. ^^

Your picture is updated !

Thank you! I love the dream log too! I'm thinking, as the roleplay goes along & people's dreams change, or their inner thoughts reflect something different, I'll make more pretty logs<3

Name: Fredrick Irmon

Appearance:
doctorpic.jpg

Current Occupation: Unemployed

Specialty: Online Self-Employed Journalist

Personality: A bit of a secluded man who keeps to his way and does not care what others think. Overall he is pretty easy going and does not get angry easily.

Brief History: After graduating from high school Fredrick moved from his home to New York. Although the situation did not improve over the four years and now the darkest parts of the city are his back yard. Not only for safety but more or less for his work he usually stays inside occasionally reappearing to gather the necessities of life and to grasp the hope and promise of the lottery.

One Wish: To become a well respected member of a community and an idealistic "go-to" man for info on life and philosophy.

One Flaw: Fredrick is afflicted with a social anxiety that he has overcome to a certain extent. He still does not feel like speaking out in larger groups.

One Loss: Most people have roots to go back to. Fredrick has no roots left where he grew up.

One Connection: A blind community, the internet. This place offers the opportunity to become who he wants while bypassing his social anxieties.

((I'll probably be editing her for a while before the RP begins, just an FYI.))

Name: Shawnee Haddoway

Appearance: Stands around 5'7 ¼" flat footed, holds about 143 lbs of muscle and a little bit of extra on the side, but when you don't work out as hard as you use to things tend to bulk up. Shawnee's still at a decent weight, to her, but she wishes she could get back into her old athletic form. Dark brunette hair falls to her mid back, but she's thinking about cutting it to, at least, shoulder or chin length. Due to her eyesight, it's difficult to work with it so long. She use to have those gorgeous puppy dog, light brown eyes, but they're slowly dulling the worse her eyesight becomes – causing a slight, ghostly film to cloud over; worst than a thunderstorm…

View attachment 14295

Current Occupation:
Student by day, Starving artist by night. She's exploiting her story, like any good poster child should, since it seems that's the only way anyone would care to help out a poor, blind girl who caused her own deformity. She paints anything that pops up in her head, and amaze crowds of all ages when she informs them of how 'terminally' blind she is. She truly can't see anything but lights and shapely shadows, but is capable of rendering timeless images in oils right before their eyes. Amazing!!

Specialty: Trying to complete her Bachelors in Art History, but considering dropping out. Street painter, can speak several languages, but hasn't had a chance to travel yet…Um, can make a mean cup of java.

Personality: A calm and cool Capricorn, Shawnee has learned how living in the dark is like daily meditation. You don't see the negative things of the world anymore. When she closes the sounds of the chaos with her headphones, she's enters into a new reality that she favors far more. She believes when she remains in this state, she can see clearly, just as if her eyes were perfect. This is where she finds her colors to paint with. She hates confrontations and conflicts – seeing them as nothing more than negative mind salad with the wrong dressing. She's a peacekeeper – always been, even when she was younger.

Shawnee fears – the dark… Yea, go figure; but it's true. At night, she loses the lights and shadows she normally sees – creating her future…a life of pure, emptiness. She rarely sleeps…unless she's able to keep a light shining right before her eyes, so her eyelids can glow with its illumination when they're closed. At least, that gives her a guarantee that she hadn't lost what little sight she has left.

Brief History: Like everyone else, life was peachy until things took a turn for the worse. She's worked odd jobs all her life, not gaining enough to survive, but did so anyway. Her art was all she had that was worth selling, and she did so every chance she got. She had a few museum shows, which were prosperous, but she became another 'one-hit wonder', and the 'next big thing' turned her into a has-been. All she needed was money for college, since she had no one in her life to fund her like other teens did.

One stupid night of binge drinking with her track friends ruined everything. A wreck, glass in the eyes... It stole her eyesight slowly, as a reminder of the three friends she killed. Then her father died in the line of duty, Metro Police. And Mom…she just floated away; finding an Aussie with a big boat.

She wonders sometimes why her mother decided to leave her high and dry… Perhaps, she wasn't the motherly time, like she'd thought. Not a lot of parents can deal with a handicapped child.

One Wish: There's a way to save her eye sight, but it requires so much money… If she was so lucky as to find her own Aussie with a big boat! Yea, then she could get her sight back, to see colors again, and her art… She would do anything for that…anything to stay away from the night.

One Flaw: Shawnee's been shunted by so many in her life, even her fans who use to care passionately about her work. Because of this, she's found a nice little shell and crawled in it. She has a difficult time talking to people, and when she does, she doesn't stop. It's like she's trying too hard to seem interesting – not just for the moment, but an interest that will last. She's tired being alone and uninspired, but she hides to avoid rejection.

And she's a little tired of the name calling, the silent stairs (she can't see them, but she can feel people staring at her, avoiding her presence.), and her pet peeve, those overly-loving people that just jumps out of the wood works, "If I help you out, that'll prove I'm a good person!" Those fake friends... Those are the same 'friends' that avoid you when they're with their real friends... Too ashamed to be seen with her? Her flaw with that, speaking her mind - bluntly!

One Loss: Losing her sight, her friends and her parents… That was the turning point in her life that made everything seems so pointless; even her art, but she has to go on...

One Connection: People are her eyes, her descriptions, some sort of understanding in her mind of what she's missing. An artist has to create, and all she has as inspiration are her memories of a life. She's bored with the past, tired of those repeated visions – good and bad. The only way she can gain a new muse, to find a new inspiration, to see what she's been missing all her life, she needs – craves – yearns for people.

Unfortunately for her, not a lot of people care to deal with someone who's not perfect. Imperfections are high maintenance, are social cases no one has enough sympathy for anymore, and their exploited by others for their own gain. She might as well join the circus than try to make a decent friend.

Wow, I like her! (: Just let me know what edits you make if they're super major :] or put a note at the end of your post. ^^

im having brain fart Dx ill post my character soon as possible

Name: Lars Thomas Larsen
Appearance:

Current Occupation:
Film-maker: Lars always carries his high-tech camera with him to shoot or take some pictures. Though he's not had much work in this department as of late.

Odd Jobs: This is where Lars' everyday activities goes along for him to make a living. Currently he works part-time as an assistant at a restaurant, he also works as a dog-walker and takes on any kind of work his contacts will give him to make ends meet. When Lars is not working his butt off to make a living, he usually spends his time travelling around town taking pictures and plotting scenes he could shoot...if he had the money and the contacts for it.
Specialty:
Lars is a media student who specializes in editing. He has also always been big on writing his own material. Leading to him getting a small job at a local newspaper while he was in his younger teens. This meaning that he is experienced with writing, directing and producing videos on his own and with his former class-mates.

Personality:
Ever since moving to America, he has learned to become a more uplifting person who tries to look at things through a positive scope. On the other hand Lars is a moody and stubborn individual who will always want to have things done his way.
Lars always wants to talk and get to know new people. Partly because he is searching for partners-in-crime to work with to get his media-career started in the big US, also because he just loves to talk.

Brief History:
Growing up, he always knew he was meant to live the big city life. Therefore, the rural scandinavian scenery he grew up in made Lars feel more and more out of place as he grew older.

For as long as Lars can remember he has always been a dreamer. Whenever he closes his eyes, he envisions events and moods taking place in his internal cinema. He's always wanted to make movies, so after spending years working back home in his native country he finally established the right grounds to move to the Mecca - he moved to New York to find his breakthrough in the film industry.

So far it's been a bleek ride. He's been able to direct some commercials for different low-budget products online, but the jobs are too scattered for him to get into a real routine. Now he spends time writing down his ideas in details so he doesn't lose touch with his dreams and visions.

One Wish: The Breakthrough: He wants to meet that someone who he can bond with and bring him onto the scene as an up-and-coming film-maker/artist.

One Flaw: Lars' moody nature means he has a low self-esteem when it actually means to get of his arse and take real chances to make moves with his own career.

One Loss: Contact with the past: He has no real connecions with his friends of the past. No real ties with his native country except from his relatives.

One Connection: It means everything. Your friends makes you a richer person. Lars makes sure to cherish every friend he has in this new country.

Yay! ^^ Thank you :] &your posting color will be white, hehe c: unless you want to change it later, I'll change your character thumbnail ^^ Thanks for joining :D

&LOL, character picture looks like you :D

It's supposed to be "Light Grey". :&

*acts stubborn like his character*

Gotcha. I'll fix it later, haha c: Light GRAAAY~~~~

Is there still room for this? I would really like to join if that's alright. 9_9

Sure there is ^^ Usually with roleplays, people's activity goes up and down so I like to start with a lot of people, haha c:

Sounds interesting but I'm at work now... Will get the CS up when I'm free from work responsibilities