Chasing a Tear of a Deity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uruvion cussed in the drow language, "fuck!" It would take time to dispell the vermilion barrier that had caged him. He tried to cast the dispelling spell quickly but did not expect the serpent spawns to explode after their disintegration. The flames of the explosion was nullified by the enchanted cloak but the impact that came along didn't. Uruvion felt the pain similar to being hit with multiple small boulders, pushing him back and colliding with the flames and vermilion barrier behind him. The flames was no problem since his cloak protected him, but the vermilion barrier prevent him from moving. Uruvion was cornered. The side of his forehead and one of his arm was cut in the process. His chant was interrupted. He had to improvise. Using a simple a simple spell but mana costly spell, he nullified every magic around his body and dived through a small opening created in the vermiliom barrier. His landing wasn't smooth, causing him to roll down the street. It seems his foe was dangerous and clever. The enchantment to his equipments was destroyed by his own spell. His mana and energy was running out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cloaked figure walked slowly, unflinchingly, around the column of light that began to decay along with the flames due to the drow's nullification magic. The townsfolk were cornered against the walls, rather frozen in fear from the man. However, this was not due to his display of power, but rather a fortuitous glance at a physical property of his that's well-kept hidden enough that the drow may have yet to see it.

"...Choose now. Either you flee and your pride dies in flame..." the bull-horned serpent at his side revealed the fireball brewing in between its fangs, flashes of fire and amber spewing out into the air around its head. "...or stay and thus your body and life take its place." the cloaked figure gave the drow an ultimatum. Always remaining at his beck and call, the four great serpents hissed and screeched at the drow.

-------

The pale criminal swerved in and out of the market crowd, looking back once in a while just for safe measure. The girl was persistent, after all.

Like a cliche old romantic movie, Maya bumped into the man in her path. Fortunately, the force of her small figure wasn't enough to push him down.

"I'm sorry," she apologized with a casual slight bow and moved along. She had no time to waste.

Idhrenion studied the man before him. It seemed that the man was full of confidence in himself. But surely, the man was capable for he was able to detect a hidden drow among a crowd.

"And what are these words of yours?" Idhrenion asked Adrian.

"My words involve the object you have that normally belongs to the Church, now I don't know how much you know about it but it is dangerous to the point of needing to be destroyed due to it's potential, but I feel as though you don't care about such things and I can guess you were hired to get it. I was hired to get it back but I see a way we both can profit from this if you are willing to listen to me further I have a deal for you." Adrian said, he enjoyed speaking with his voice rather than his fists because it left much less evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.