DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
You were in an accident.

When you awoke, the world was different.

This new world is warped. Repulsive. Rotten. Filled with grotesque monsters. Everything is filthy and disgusting. You and your fellow survivors, tied by a shared fate, are the only things that seem to remain the same.

Them, and H E R

madeofmeat.jpg

Art by: doumyakutosi

FRIDAY | MARCH 26 | 6 PM TO 9 PM US CENTRAL

They're Made of Meat is a horror chat roleplay inspired by Silent Hill, The Song of Saya, and Lost. You will play as the survivor of a subway accident who awoke to find themselves in a strange, skewed version of reality where possibly nothing is quite as it seems. The people who were in your subway car are here with you, and the game will pick up immediately after the incident.

What caused the crash? Was your car the only one spared? What is this terrible place? Will you ever get back to the normal world?

How will you survive?

Who can you trust?

EVENT INFO

WHO: Anyone can join. You do not have to be an experienced RPer and you do not need to have prior knowledge of the media that this plot is LOOSELY inspired by. Bios are appreciated but not required.

Please be warned that this RP is very definitely going to contain gore and psychological horror.

You must play a survivor of the subway crash and be from a modern and real-world setting. You may not play supernatural characters for this ChaRP, sorry!

WHAT: A horror/mystery/psychological ChaRP set in a gross nightmare world.

That means I will be attempting to SPOOP YOU and will be driving action for you and other characters to react to. Lolrandom RPing is discouraged because I will be giving in-game consequences for decisions your character makes. Please let me know if you are not okay with character death so I don't kill your character!

WHEN: FRIDAY March 26th from 6 PM to 9 PM US Central (7 to 10 PM Eastern). You can use this time zone converter to translate that to your time zone!

DO:
- Interact with your fellow players/their characters! Waiting for someone to approach your character first might mean you get left out. Some people also like to plan ahead of time to make shared backstories, though that's not at all necessary.
- Show up to the OOC chat about 10 minutes in advance.
- Make short, fast posts. Aim for a few short sentences. Longer posts means people will either be stuck waiting on you to reply or will leave you behind because you took too long. We only have a few hours and it goes faster than you think.
- Make sure you mention your character's name in your post so we can keep track of who is playing who.
- Speak up if something is upsetting you or isn't okay with you.

DON'T:
- Take things personally. Sometimes posts get missed by mistake; sometimes characters don't get along. In-character behavior does not mean someone dislikes you!
- Derail other people's posts. If someone tries to do something and you think it'd be really badass or funny for your character to stop them right away, you might be ruining their fun in the process!
- Get discouraged. If you haven't gotten to do anything yet, just keep posting. If you don't know what to do next, ask for help! Other players and I can give tips or I can switch up what I'm doing to make things easier for you.
- Expect NOTHING bad to happen to your character. Especially since this is a horror game!

>.> I'm here for this.

• Love
Reactions: Astaroth
A game at night where I can get home and play. And horror. And it's Astraoth as a GM. Sign me up.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 12.43.49 AM.png
(Faceclaim: Tyssen Smith)
Name: William Robert Banks
Nicknames: Will
Appearance: Will has brunette hair that he has styled and pushed back with way too much hair product in it. Despite being old enough to grow facial hair, he is entirely clean shaven. He has blue eyes. He tends to wear a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket along with jeans. He has a lanky build and very little muscle definition. He also stands at a even six feet tall and wears sneakers on his feet.
Personality: Despite dressing like a bad boy and have a name that would imply that he's a felon, Will is an incredibly law-abiding citizen who would fall as Lawful good on an aliment chart. He works entirely on laws and things being order. as a mask to hide his true emotions.... but seeing as chaos reigns supreme since the incident, he has become unhinged, frazzled and doing whatever it takes to survive and has a hard trusting people.
Other: Will has high functioning ASD ( Autism Spectrum), anxiety, depression and ADHD ( Combined type)
Extra: Please don't kill Will, he 's a sweet broken man.​

• Haha
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
I will be playing Molly. She was once married and had a kid, but her son died in a tragic playground accident. Her husband didn't verbally blame her for their son's death, but it was clear that's why they divorced. It's been six years. Molly works in the subway at a help desk, usually helping the elderly using the ticket kiosks. (Unfortunately at the opposite end of the city from where she actually lives.)

Molly doesn't have a lot going for her right now. She's friendly, likes a good hot dog, is wrought with guilt, doodles and draws in her spare time, sometimes thinks about jumping in front of the train, and her favorite movie is Captain America, because who wouldn't love America's Ass.

• Love
THOMAS 'TOM' CHASTAIN
  • British-American photojournalist
  • Recently returned from a three-month assignment embedded with the US Army
  • Really doesn't want to talk about it
  • Starting to think he should really consider work that doesn't put him in front of insurgent sniper nests on a regular basis...
  • ...but is also aware that something is driving him to take these risks

This is still happening but I am gonna be slightly burnt out because our power was out from 11AM-4PM today

• Sympathy & Compassion
1616793888519.pngSabra Shaheen

Sabra grew up in a violent, male-dominated household. Her father and brother were petty criminals, and her childhood was spent in a world of street gangs and corrupt cops.
She was determined to find a way to a better life. In school, she found out she had a knack for computers, and started teaching herself how to code and hack.

When he caught her using her talent, her father dragooned her into applying it to the "family business." But at least this allowed her to keep learning, and scheme for the day she could break free. After a "big score gone bad," Sabra ended up in the foster care system, going from one home to the next.

After high school, she was able to get a job as a junior coder at Terminus Technologies, a software conglomerate with divisions in A.I., machine-learning, data mining, robotics, social media, surveillance, and neuroscience. She started to climb the ranks, and for awhile, life was good. She had money, a Tesla Model S, and a job where she could push the cutting edge of technology.

But she had a nagging feeling that something wasn't right at Terminus. She started poking her nose in places where it wasn't supposed to be, until she discovered Project SELDON. SELDON was a hybrid neural-network and quantum supercomputer designed to model the human mind and social behavior patterns. Fed with streams of data from a wide range of sources ranging from experimental brain implants to natural-language1616796192523.png algorithms designed to "read" and "listen" to vast swaths of the internet, to stochastic analysis algorithms designed to forecast the behavior of stock and commodities markets, it was being used to predict and manipulate events in the company's favor.

But that was not all. Its true purpose was to steer the development of humanity toward a technocratic super-state governed by a future transhuman elite (to be drawn from the upper echelons of Terminus, naturally). Sabra knew better than to think she could do something like get the proof and take it to the press or reveal it on the internet. SELDON was already capable of determining which stories would trend and which ones would go unnoticed.

So she decided to try to monkeywrench the system from within instead, and...well, why not chisel off a slice of the pie for herself while she was at it? Might be good to be able to live well in some non-extradition jurisdiction by the time the fallout hit. What she didn't know was that Terminus used its profiling software first and foremost on its own employees. They were a nearly-perfect pool of captive humans for testing predictive sociology and memetic manipulation on, and they couldn't have been more handy.

Instead of bringing the giant down, Sabra lost everything and found herself on the run, living off-grid, and struggling to stay one step ahead of the cops, the alphabet agencies, and Terminius company goons.

Skills: Computer science (coding, hacking), street-fighting, parkour, disguise, lock-picking, security systems
Strengths: Ingenuity, resilience, physical toughness, and atheticism.
Weaknesses: Exudes an aloof, unapproachable aura that tends to repel people. Sabra is almost completely incapable of asking others for help, or having any hope that they might if she did. Overconfidence, and a tendency to take big risks.

I will be playing Rae, a new agey, crystal waving Wiccan. She's the daughter of a socialite much to her dismay, and is everything her mother hates. She has stubbornly refused her mothers assistance in all things since she reached adulthood and has been a "struggling artist" ever since.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 7.18.03 PM.png
Name: Maximillian Iourdanou III
Personality: Do you know those rich asshole children who never worked a day in their life, hold themselves in high regard and brag about their wealth? Yeah, that's Max. He has no patience, no chill and absoultely zero qualms for the messy things called emotions.
Extra: He may die. He hates being called Max ( Please everybody call him Max)

Astaroth: The crash shook the subway car. Do subway cars still crash nowadays? Apparently, because the train shrieked to a halt, the lights overhead flickering and shuddering off. Today at 5:35 PM
Astaroth: They didn't come back on. Today at 5:35 PM
Astaroth: When your eyes adjusted to the dark, when your body adjusted to the sudden stop, when you came back to consciousness in that cramped and now crushed space, you were immediately aware that something was wrong. You couldn't get a grip on the pole anymore; the surface was slimy and spongey. Something stank like week-old hamburger in the trash you'd forgotten to take out. There was an eerie glow filtering in from outside the smudged, cracked train windows. Today at 5:35 PM
Astaroth: You weren't alone. You could hear your fellow passengers beginning to stir. Today at 5:35 PM
Astaroth: And outside, you could hear strange sounds... Today at 5:36 PM
Astaroth: [Welcome to They're Made of Meat. Please see the thread for info before joining! Pay attention to GM posts in red.] Today at 5:38 PM
Diana: Molly was used to awful smells down in the subway, but the pungent odor that roused her awake this time had her coughing and nearly gagging. Whatever she was bracing her hand on to push herself up was sticky and wet, and for a horrified moment she wondered if it was one of the other railway car passengers bloodied beneath her. Today at 6:00 PM
Childish Grumpino: He hadn't meant to still be sitting in the carriage. His stop was minutes ago. But something about the sound of that subway train speeding through the earth, high-pitched and droning, had Tom glued to the seat that he had placed himself in. His mind was elsewhere. Flashes and bursts of emotions and moments past, some place sandy and closer to Hell than any human ought to be. When the crash happened he wasn't even fully aware of it. Today at 6:03 PM
Zarko Straadi: "The fuck?!" Sabra said. She'd only just managed to get into a half-decent coding trance when the train fucking crashed (Seriously?! Who programs their routing schedules?!), and now she was wondering how the fuck something sticky got on her laptop case as she retrieved it from the empty seat beside her, snapped it closed, and shoved it into its case. And the pole was covered in goop too? Today at 6:03 PM
Childish Grumpino: As he came to, his hand was reaching on instinct for the pouch at his chest, holding one of the many cameras he kept on his person. The journalist's instinct, to document. It was only in the moments afterwards, when more rational thoughts took hold and he was pushing himself to his feet, that he thought to look around for other survivors. "Anyone hurt?" Today at 6:05 PM
Zarko Straadi: Sabra got up on unsteady feet and, in the absence of something to wipe her hand off on, was forced to resort to her pants. Today at 6:06 PM
Turtle of Doom: Rae groaned, her hands rising to head and pressing against a sore spot on the side of her head. The sudden stop had jerked her around and she'd hit the side of the car. She blinked away the stars in her eyes. Her eyes widened as she peered around, nose scrunching at the putrid scent. "What...happened?" She asked to nobody in particular as she struggled to her feet. Her stomach roiled, whether from the bonk on the head or smell wasn't exactly clear. Today at 6:07 PM
Zarko Straadi: "How did we manage to crash into a fucking garbage truck, in a fucking subway?" Sabra muttered. Could Terminus be behind it? Yeah, I'm fucking outta here. God, that smell! Now to find an exit door that worked... Today at 6:08 PM
Astaroth: "Shit," swore Simon, the sickly-looking young man grabbing at the seats for balance and gagging as his fingers sank deep into something wet and fleshy. He scrambled backwards, wiping his hands on his jeans. There were little chunks of something clinging to his fingertips. "Oh shit, oh shit, I think there's a body!" Today at 6:08 PM
Diana: "I think someone's dead over here too," called out Molly. She'd definitely cracked her head open during the chaos, but with all the lights out her dizzyness didn't make much of a difference that she couldn't see. Thinking of her phone, she fumbled into her coat pocket and fished it out. Both for some light and to call for help. Today at 6:09 PM
Childish Grumpino: Click. The camera goes off, a vibrant flash of pale light erupting over the wet gloom of the carriage interior as Tom sets to work. "Watch your footing, there's probably body parts on the floor." Today at 6:10 PM
Zarko Straadi: For a moment, Sabra considered staying to try and help. But: 1) she didn't know CPR or anything remotely useful for responding to injuries to the squishy parts and slimy goo of the human body, and 2) staying in one spot was a great way to get ganked by Terminus, if they were behind this. Today at 6:12 PM
Turtle of Doom: Blinking back from the flash of the camera, Rae stumbled over something on the ground and fell back with a soft squish and she actively gagged, barely managing to keep the contents of her stomach in her stomach. Today at 6:13 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: Will would have rather be anywhere but a subway crash. He hated being in spaces that made him anxious... and this was taking the cake. "Well....I'm not sure if I consider us lucky or unlucky to not be a body." Today at 6:14 PM
Astaroth: The flash of light from the camera and the dim glow of Molly's phone screen illuminated a grotesque scene. There were no bodies in sight... at least not anything that was recognizable. Patches of the subway wall, the seats, and several of the poles appeared to be covered in something meaty, slick, and as they watched long enough, pulsing. Today at 6:15 PM
Zarko Straadi: Then some asshole started fucking taking pictures. "Seriously?" Sabra hissed under her breath. She pulled up her plaid hood. Last thing she wanted was to end up in the background of his Facebook or TikTok because totally what you do when there's a crash and blood and guts everywhere is think how many fucking likes and followers it'll get you. She pulled out her phone and used it to light her way to the nearest door, keeping her face hidden from the asshole with the camera. Today at 6:15 PM
Childish Grumpino: The floor was out to get him, almost pulling at Tom's feet in an attempt to get him to slip and fall. This wasn't right. Not at all. He'd seen the aftermath of crashes and explosions both, and even the worst didn't have gore and debris on this level. He blinked, his brain taking a moment to process the sight offered by the clarity of a camera flash. "...we should find an exit. Now." Today at 6:16 PM
Childish Grumpino: Twisting his head to look in the direction of the woman hissing at him, Tom gave his best smirk. "Don't mind me, love. Just doing my job." Today at 6:17 PM
Diana: Molly was an employee of the subway and was trained for all kinds of accidents and emergencies, but being trained for something didn't always mean you could react the way you needed to when things went down. They sure as hell didn't prepare Molly for the onslaught of gore covering everything in the subway car. She'd seen stuff like this in her nightmares. Molly tried to give out some instructions, but the words were stuck in her throat along with her ability to breathe! Today at 6:18 PM
Astaroth: Simon let out a strangled sound and clutched at his stomach, feeling his lunch coming back up. His throat was tightening, and he hastily pulled his inhaler out of his jacket to take a puff.
Turtle of Doom: Rae rolled onto her knees before she lost the war with her stomach and puked. Carefully, oh so very carefully, she stood, careful not to touch anything as she did. "Yes, exit. Now would be good." She staggered slightly, wobbly and perhaps a bit dizzy. Maybe she had a concussion? Maybe this was all some weird coma dream or something... Today at 6:20 PM
Zarko Straadi: Sabra wasn't halfway there before she noticed... "The fuck is this shit?" It looked like something out of Doom. Oh, and just to make things perfect, Camera Guy was talking to her. "Sure, whatevs, hope you rack up lots of likes and subs. And don't call me 'love' unless you want teeth punched in."
Childish Grumpino: Another couple flashes from his camera to illuminate it more, and Tom was certain that this wasn't just the aftermath of a bad crash. This was... something else. "You're welcome to try, love. And as for what this is... is it moving? I could swear it's fucking moving." Today at 6:22 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: "Yeah..... I have a feeling that I am going to look up and not think about that." WIll looked to see if the subway doors could be pryed open. Today at 6:23 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: Maximillian was unfazed by the bodies or whatever those were. " I always knew poor people were messy, but I didn't know such a state could be possible without someone else. I've seen worse." Today at 6:24 PM
Turtle of Doom: "Getting the fuck out of here" Rae said, this time louder holding and beginning to sound panicked as she made her way to the doors to try and help. Today at 6:24 PM
Astaroth: The subway doors made a wet creaking sound as Will tried to pry them open, not budging more than an inch. With Rae's help, they just managed to widen them enough for someone to slip through. Outside of the car, there was blackness. Today at 6:26 PM
Diana: We're dead. We're dead. We're all dead. The phrase kept repeating over and over in Molly's head. How did they not know? This was hell and there wasn't going to be a way out. And Molly knew it was hell because that was exactly where she belonged. But as they bickered and searched for a way out, though, Molly couldn't find it in her to tell them. She just kept the way lit with her phone. "Protocol says if there's crash we need to get out of the car as quickly as possible and into the stations or employee tunnels." Today at 6:26 PM
Childish Grumpino: Tying the camera harness around his left hand, Tom began to take wary, cautious steps towards the dim glow of the carriage doorway. "Protocol is making an excellent shout, then." Today at 6:27 PM
Zarko Straadi: Yeah, get the fuck out of here sounds like a good plan, Sabra thought. But how the fucking hell are they doing this?! She was just about to tear Camera Guy a new one, when some other motherfucker started sneering at 'poor people'. "You're actually blaming shit like this on the poor? Like poor people can somehow deploy 3D-printed tissue cultures every fucking where. Jesus." Somebody said that 'protocol' recommended GTFO. "No shit, Sherlock," Sabra muttered, following Camera Guy to the exit (because, being behind him was a good way to stay out of his shots). Today at 6:29 PM
Astaroth: Simon was already rushing to squeeze between the doors, desperate to be out of the subway car. "Out, I need to get air!" Today at 6:29 PM
Turtle of Doom: Rae propelled herself through the crack in the door into the blackness beyond, moving as quickly as she could to get out of whatever that mess was. The thought that they were already dead had crossed her mind but with the taste of puke still lingering in her mouth she had doubts about that as well. Today at 6:29 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: ".... Normally, I would suggest lighting this up, but seeing as how the subway car was....less than ideal, I'd rather not." Will looked over to see if there was anything to indicate the way out. Today at 6:30 PM
Childish Grumpino: Tom peered out the door, into the sheer blackness outside. "...shouldn't there be emergency lights?" Today at 6:31 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: "Yes, because that's the FIRST weird thing to think about," Maximillian replied. Today at 6:31 PM
Zarko Straadi: "Should there be pulsing flesh everywhere?" Sabra replied. "Ya think maybe shit is seriously fucked up? Can you move your ass please?" Today at 6:32 PM
Diana: Molly was needing to force herself to function. Technically she was in charge of these people's safety as an employee, even if she was off work. At least she was in life. With one of the few sources of light, she got her feet moving so she too could squeeze out of the railcar after the others. "It depends on what was damaged during the crash. We --" she sucked in a shaky breath, "We should all stay together and keep an eye out for any other survivors." Today at 6:32 PM
Astaroth: "Help, please!" Simon was yelling into the tunnel, his voice echoing as he ran ahead. The path underfoot was squelching and damp. "Please, we need help, there's been an accident! Hello?!" Today at 6:33 PM
Childish Grumpino: Chuckling, Tom duly moved his ass. "After you, love. You're more than welcome to be the first out into the creepy tunnel that is suspiciously lacking in emergency lights." Today at 6:33 PM
Turtle of Doom: Rae twisted, turning toward the sound of yelling. "What if whatever is out there doesn't want to help? Does this look, or feel, or smell like a place we'll be finding anything helpful?" she hissed. Today at 6:36 PM
Astaroth: The only answer Rae received was silence. Simon's shouts had stopped. Today at 6:38 PM
Childish Grumpino: Frowning, Tom let out a grunt of agreement. "She's got a point. Though we could do with some lights, maybe. At least so we can see where we're going." Today at 6:38 PM
Zarko Straadi: "A chickenshit too? Maybe trade one of those cameras in on a set of balls," Sabra said, squeezing out of the subway car. She stepped aside to: 1) put something solid at her back, and 2) get out of any shots Camera Guy might be taking. For a moment, she considered just taking off. If this disaster made any fucking sense, then the thing to do would be to be long gone before the ambulances and cops started showing up. But so far, this whole thing was ten pounds of crazy in a five pound bag. Today at 6:38 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: " So exactly the opposite of what the other guy just did?" Maximillian asked, noticing his shouts were gone. Today at 6:38 PM
Childish Grumpino: "If any of you have a phone flashlight, now's the time to break them out." Tom raised his camera again, aiming it towards the exterior of the carriage before clicking the shutter release.
LuckycoolHawk9: Will wasn't comfortable and looked at the ground. He was always prepared and took out a small pocket knife followed by a pocket flashlight. " Hopefully no more gore."
Diana: "Hey guy...!?" Molly called out to the one that ran off. That twisting in her gut she'd had since she came to got ten times worse. "Come on back now!" She was almost grateful for the others arguing, that liveliness might've been the only thing that was keeping her from crumbling into a panic. She thumbed up the brightness on her phone, then dug in her coat to see if she still had her keys and the little flashlight. It wasn't going to give too much extra light, but every little bit would help. "Look around for a tunnel door or direction signs." Today at 6:42 PM
Turtle of Doom: Rae fished her phone out of her pocket and tapped the screen. The illumination was dim, even for a phone. She frowned and unlocked it, turning on the flashlight. "My battery is almost dead... but for a little while at least, let there be more light." Today at 6:43 PM
Astaroth: Where Simon had gone quiet, something soon filled the void. It started out soft and slowly began to increase in volume, something like what an air raid siren might sound like if it came from a living creature. It sounded far off, but as they progressed, it was getting louder. Closer? Today at 6:43 PM
Diana: "Is anyone getting any bars? Mine isn't-" she cut short at the sound. Nope. No. Nope. Molly slapped her hands (and phone) over her ears and stopped breathing all over again. Today at 6:44 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: Maximillian would fish around his pocket and pull out the custom phone his dad had gotten him and turned on the light. " Oh look another fun feature. The fun just keeps coming," Maximillian dryly replied. Today at 6:45 PM
Childish Grumpino: Instinct was pulling at him. The same instinct that had told him to avoid a particular alleyway that was moments later barraged by sniper fire. The same instinct that told him to get out of there was the shelling was about to get too intense. Today at 6:45 PM
Childish Grumpino: That very same instinct was telling Tom to run, and not look back. Today at 6:45 PM
LuckycoolHawk9: Will hated loud noises and stared to rock on his feet. " Does anyone know how to stop that?" Today at 6:46 PM
Turtle of Doom: Rae suddenly felt parched. She couldn't have screamed if she wanted to. Fear had drained her of most logical thought and it was everything she could do to not take off running in the opposite direction. Today at 6:46 PM
Childish Grumpino: "Shut the fuck up," Tom hissed at the posh speaker, crouching a little lower. "We need another exit. Subway lady, you seeing another one behind us?" Today at 6:46 PM
Astaroth: As Tom took another picture, his camera flash illuminated a swatch of sunshine yellow and movement. He just had enough time to register the whites of the girl's eyes before she let out a terrified gasp and fled down the tunnel, her dress a streak of color in the dark. Today at 6:47 PM
Childish Grumpino: Tom blinked, the sight taking precious seconds to register. "Wait, the hell--" 58 minutes ago
Zarko Straadi: Sabra reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a self-defense keychain fob, gripping it so the pointy end stuck out from between the fingers of her fist, then fumbled with her smartphone with her other hand--but as soon as she heard that...howl? moan? she thought better of turning on a phone light. Terminus was sniffing around getting into the genomics space, but there's no fucking way they could do this. Is there? OK, what about blowing some kind of drug into the subway car? Either that, or I'm dead and in Hell. Well fuck you, God, not my fault you didn't teach us the answers on the Celestial Quiz., Sabra thought. She looked away and hid her face from the camera, so she didn't see the other girl, but she heard her gasp. Another survivor? 58 minutes ago
Childish Grumpino: "There's someone else out there!" he hissed, "down the tunnel!" 58 minutes ago
Turtle of Doom: "Are you sure it's a someone?!" Rae's whisper was harsh as she moved closer to where the camera-guy was. "What if... it's like the anglerfish or something? And whatever you saw was a lure? Are you suggesting we follow what you saw?" 56 minutes ago
Diana: "We- we'd have to find a way around the car. It's bluh... It's blocking the tunnel." Molly choked out. What in hell was that?! Someone else thrown for the train? She didn't know to trust her eyes though, because surely the other boy would've passed her! "I don't think we should follow her," Molly suddenly blurted out. "I don't think- I don't think the tunnels are safe right now. We should stick to the walls and find an exit..." 55 minutes ago
Childish Grumpino: Tom was already hauling himself out of the subway carriage, ignoring the wet sensations as his hand gripped the metal. Instinct was pulling at him, and he knew when it was wise to follow. "We can either stay here, packed into some fucking car for whatever that was we heard up the tunnel, or we can re-position. I'm re-positioning." 53 minutes ago
Turtle of Doom: "Let's listen to protocol-lady, please. That sounds like a much better idea than chasing something you saw for half a second..." Rae's whole body trembled as she spoke... getting out was the only thing that mattered. 53 minutes ago
LuckycoolHawk9: Maximillian had no intention of shutting up. "Well-most tunnels would lead out- but depening on the subway stations- there might be abandoned ones around that led up." 52 minutes ago
Childish Grumpino: "This seem like a situation where protocol applies, love? All the meat on the walls, whatever that sound was? We need to go, now." 52 minutes ago
Astaroth: As Maximillian shone his light around in the dark, he found something else besides the girl Tom had seen. It vaguely resembled the shape of a person, if someone had been given a lump of bloody guts and told to fashion a person from that, with a giant fingernail-like plating covering where a face should be. It waddled on stumpy leg-approximations toward him, reaching out with a dripping appendage. "Hkkk," it tried to say, in a voice that set his nerves on edge. "Hrrrrphng--" 52 minutes ago
Diana: "Hrmph." Molly really, really didn't want to go chasing what could be a demon in it's natural habitat. But one sight of the lit up lump of flesh, had Molly sticking to her original idea of staying together, no matter what. She seized Rae's hand and gave her a reassuring squeeze before very quickly following after the photographer. 49 minutes ago
Zarko Straadi: Terminus has got to be fucking with me somehow, right? Sabra thought. Maybe fucking with them too? Some kind of fucked-up behavior-modification experiment? Then somebody's light hit--what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?---Sabra kept her mouth shut, because there was no way normal people would be seeing shit like that, and if she reacted to it, out in the real world they'd be holding her down until the Good Humor guys showed up to truss her up--right? 49 minutes ago
Childish Grumpino: Instinct prevailed again. His arms were coming up before he could stop them, pointing to the mass of guts bent into a mockery of the human form and sending another distinct CLICK through the tunnel. But even as he was shooting, he was moving. Moving towards the tunnel where he'd seen the girl fleeing down.
Turtle of Doom: Rae's eyes went wide. "What the f—" Her words cut off when her hand was grabbed. "T-that's not natural..." She no longer needed any convincing and quickly followed the others into the tunnel. 46 minutes ago
Zarko Straadi: To Sabra's half-surprise, the other people were freaking out too, so for now she could join them in Operation GTFO.
LuckycoolHawk9: Will didn't want to know whatever the fuck was. 44 minutes ago
LuckycoolHawk9: " Exit stage that way." He followed everyone away. 44 minutes ago
Zarko Straadi: Wait, somebody really quoted Cartoon Gay Lion?! Sabra thought. What the hell did they pump into that subway car?! OK...OK...gotta find fresh air, open space, and a place to hide until this shit wears off. Don't attract attention. Let the cops grab everybody else. 39 minutes ago
LuckycoolHawk9: Maximillian considered his options. He could run like everyone else and go after the girl or learn more from creepy appendage guy. He knew he needed knowledge. Sure, his nerves were on edge, but he needed answers. " What exactly do you want?" He asked, looking to see if there was an obvious answer 38 minutes ago
Astaroth: Whatever the thing was, it was slow. But as they rushed to make their way down the tunnel, flashlights and phones and camera patched together a macabre tableau. The smell was worse the further they went, and the further they went, the more of those creatures followed behind them in a slow, steady shuffle. Calling out in garbled, mangled voices. That siren-like wail was following, too. ...Just how far into the subway system were they, anyway? 37 minutes ago
Childish Grumpino: A couple flashes from his camera, and Tom had located the tunnel the girl had fled down. He needed a light source. More than that, he needed something to ward off the worst of the increasingly noxious fumes that choked his surroundings. Hanging back a moment to keep pace with the others (and their lights), he reached into his jacket pocket and tugged free the scarf he kept inside. Winding it round his face, he took in an experimental breath. 33 minutes ago
Zarko Straadi: They thought they were escaping. But their nightmare was only just beginning! Soon they will come to regret that... THEY'RE MADE OF MEAT

Reactions: Hecatoncheires
I know I said we could finish this tonight and this is already a reschedule, but I'm gonna be that asshole who cancels last minute for personal reasons. Sorry guys. If anyone is willing to give me another shot, I might schedule a redo in the future, but not until I'm sure I won't have to cancel on y'all again. It was fun anyway and thanks for playing!

• Sympathy & Compassion
I'm fine with you rescheduling again. I think this is an exciting story, and I would love to see it continued/completed. I forgot the next installment was supposed to be tonight anyway, lol. If you should decide/realize that you can't/don't have the spoons/don't want to continue this, would you object to someone else pinch-hitting as GM (say, Diana if she wants to, or me) for a continuation?

Status
Not open for further replies.