Charp! There's No Happy Ending!...So They Say. June 27th, 9AM EST to 9:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckycoolHawk9

You Are Far Too Nice, Mercy Has a Price
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
You have detention this wonderful Sunday day.

Maybe it's because you deserved it.

Maybe it's because the rules of the school are bloody broken.

It might be because you were having sex with the quarterback ( and are a guy)

But it doesn't quite matter, either way.

Because you are missing the biggest party of the year.

The one that the senior in your 2020 class won't shut up.

But it's not all bad.

There's a wonderful book on the table.

LIve your wildest dreams......

Sure, it's leaking blood on the floor....

But what the worse that could happen?

The answer is a horror movie, a 80s movie style Breakfast Club rip-off, zombies and a murder mystery.....

Hey it could be worse.....

It's too bad nobody turned the book to the back....because on the blurb it read

There are no happy Endings.
Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:
You are someone who went under a magical procedure and gained a new perfect life.... But something feels wrong. It's up to you and the other people who feel this wrongness to find out what is really going on

When: June 27th 9AM EST/8AM CST. It ends at 9:30 EST/ 8:30 CST

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. This won't be an easy save.

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.

I'm guessing this isn't actually going to go for 12 1/2 hours. ;) Is it in the morning, or at night?

I'm guessing this isn't actually going to go for 12 1/2 hours. ;) Is it in the morning, or at night?

Oh, but it is. Just hop on whenever you want during that time. ( This is @Diana fault. She dared me)

• Haha
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
Screenshot 2021-06-21 12.47.36 PM.png
Name: Rafael Benjamin ( RB) Star

Other weird info: Ironically RB is actually the team's QB. He also is gay and may have been caught having sex with another student in the locker room.

1624802304406.jpeg
Viaeny Aster Newcomb
Year: Freshman
Position: Reporter for the school newspaper
Reason for Detention: Uncovered a pattern of grade-fixing being done on behalf of children of "pillars of the community" (aka the rich and/or powerful), and wrote up an expose' for publication.

images.jpeg.jpg

Name:
Adoria (Dory) Johnson

Position:
Hurdle Queen of the Track Team

Reason:
Caught sneaking out of school one too many times.

Short Bio:
Beloved child of a wealthy family. Dumb and hopelessly optimistic but caring. Started sneaking out of school to feed some puppies her lunch.

Last edited:

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr.Reynolds stared at the clock as it struck nine. Why this school decided to have a twelve and a half hour detention for the students who broke multiple rules on a sunday was beyond him. He just knew that he didn't want to be here. He'd rather be in his hot tub but he was the one who was stuck here. What was even better is that there was no telling when the students would arrive. Nobody took the detention seriously which is why he had brought the book he had "found" in a Walmart, right by a bleeding and dying man. He was sure that there was nothing with that.

Today at 7:09 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Twelve and a half hours of detention, on a Sunday?! Viaeny thought. This is so ridiculous, I still can't believe it's real! But I guess that's why I'm here... She opened the door and slipped into the room, picked a seat and booted up her laptop. Connect to wifi and get the livestream started. Because this was a Story that needed to get out!

Today at 8:10 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB didn't fucking want to go to detention, but it was either going or here ten more long hour speechs from his mom about safe sex and where the right place to fuck someone was. she didn't even care it was another guy, just that he had been stupid enough to get caught. " Wow, I feel like a nerd and I still got here an hour late."

Today at 8:21 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Mr. Reynolds looked to be as much a prisoner here as the kids would be. At any rate, he made no move to meddle. Presumably she wouldn't be allowed to talk to her audience, but Viaeny had already planned for that. She kept her laptop's mic muted, but set the stream up to let her type out her commentary.

Today at 8:27 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " You can put the volume in for your stream. Honestly, if this gets the school cancelled, I'm all for it," he called from the front of the room.

Today at 8:30 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Good morning everyone, I'm Viaeny Newcomb, streaming live from a twelve and a half-hour marathon detention session, for the crime of exposing a pattern of grade fixing--just a second! "Thank you, Mr. Reynolds," she said, then un-muted her mic. "Great news, Mr. Reynolds said I could do this the old fashioned way, so here goes! Testing, testing, how is my audio?" After a few technical hiccups (because it wasn't a livestream without a few technical hiccups), she got her audio going. She kept her voice low so she would (hopefully) not be too much of a disturbance to QBRB, who was so far the only other student in detention. "So, as I was saying...what the hell? OK, this is weird, I'm going to switch to front camera," she said doing so as she picked up the laptop.

Today at 8:37 AM

• Monbon:
    Adoria knocked twice prior to testing the door. It opened with ease. Peeking her head inside, she was quick to notice the laptop and the teacher doing nothing about it. "T-This is the room for detention, yes?" Nervously, she entered the room, hands fidgeting with the fluffy charm on her purse.

Today at 8:41 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Viaeny headed over to a table where a book sat...with a trail of--was that blood?!--trickling from it, over the table's edge, and to a pattern of drip-splatters on the floor. Live Your Wildest Dreams, the title said. OK, that's just straight-up sick! she thought as she got a good camera angle on the gruesome tableau. "Mr. Reynolds, do you know how this got here?" she asked.

Today at 8:43 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Reynolds had forgotten that he had left the book on the table. He stared at it and tilted his head for a moment. " Well it certainly wasn't doing that before or when I bought it. Weird indeed.

Today at 9:47 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    On the acknowledgment on what it was doing was weird, the book didn't stop.

Today at 9:48 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would look up from his phone that he was on. " Yeah, this is the room for detention. To be fair, it took me a while to find it too. For some reason the school has Sunday clubs, like people choose to come here which is insane on its own."

Today at 9:49 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Journalist mooooode, Viaeny reminded herself, refraining from launching into a rant outraged commentary. "Is this intended to convey a message?" she asked, willing her voice to stay within the bounds of journalistic neutrality. Like, 'Don't break the rules, kids, or your 'Wildest Dreams' will become a crime scene!' The blood seemed to keep dribbling out of the book; Viaeny figured it had to be some kind of prank, or maybe a Haunted House prop with a reservoir of "blood" taking up most of the interior space, along with a miniaturized pump and batteries.

Today at 9:58 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB walked over to the desk, more curious than not and tilted his head for a moment. There was something familiar about the book, and it took him a moment to place it. "Hey, that kind of looks like the book from the old Horror movie from Scott Path. I think it was called Cornelium Cossum dixisset ego enim A amicus. Never did quite look up what that meant."

Today at 10:05 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Really?" Viaeny said. Who uses some clunky Latin phrase no one would remember as the title for a movie? she thought. "Note to self: Never challenge R.B. to a game of Trivial Pursuit." She turned to aim the laptop at the handsome quarterback. "This is Rafael Star, our...well, star quarterback, but everybody calls him R.B. So, what are you in for?" she asked the boy, switching to screen share so she could bring up Google Translate and have a go at figuring out what that phrase meant while she listened to his answer.

Today at 10:16 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would nod his head. " Yeah, I only remember that because it's such a strange title. The weird stuff sticks with me. Oh yeah, there was one other thing that also stuck. Scott claimed it was based on a true story, but you know, so does every Lifetime movie that has ever been made," he added as a fast fact. He was used to the attention that he got. " Welll-uhhh.... are you telling me that you as a journalist didn't hear about the sex locker room scandal? That is what I am in for." He would consider what else to mention.

Today at 10:27 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Oooooooh," Viaeny said, blushing. "I...heard some scraps of rumor, but, well, they sounded so much like the sort of thing people would spread to be mean that I was pretty skeptical, plus I was in the middle of investigating the grade-fixing scandal that got me in here. RageDragon13, thanks for the Superchat! No, we're not going there, this stream is about how the teachers and administrators at this school have been giving the children of wealthy and connected people better grades than they earned, and sentenced me to this outrageous 12-hour detention sentence for uncovering the truth! And now this," she said, aiming back at the book.

Today at 10:41 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Mr. Reynolds, is this intended to convey a message?" she said again.

Today at 10:42 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Reynolds looked at them. " Honestly, I just needed some reading material and it was the first book I picked."

Today at 10:52 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB paused for a beat. " Wait, I just remembered something else about the book. There should be a Youtube video on it. Someone with an I for a name. I think it was Imommy, no Imano- no Imon.... There name is super tricky to remember. I mean, I don't think anyone should open the book regardless."

Today at 10:54 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Pull the other one, it's got bells on! Viaeny thought. Wait...could Mr. Reynolds be trolling me? Like one of those scare-prank reality shows? If he checked my channel and saw the promo for this stream...that would make sense of why he's letting me stream from here, if he thinks he's gonna gank me and humiliate me in front of my subscribers. Not today, Satan! "Well I'm not going to touch it. So, Mr. Reynolds, you went to pick a book to read, and just happened to get a bleeding-book novelty tie-in for an obscure old horror movie?"

Today at 11:05 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The book would glow a very sickly red. The blood started to pour even faster out of the book.

Today at 11:08 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "I just remembered something else- in the movie, the book-"

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The room would go dark before RB could finish his sentence.

• Zarko Straadi:
    LED effects too? Viaeny thought. Then the lights went out. "Okaaaaay then, props for your prop and for going all-out with the Haunted House thing. Detention is usually supposed to be boring!" she said to Mr. Reynolds. "But I'd better get back to my desk and get back on track. Thank you for the information, R.B., I'll look into that," she said, using the light of her screen to navigate back to her desk. "And just so you know, you're getting all kinds of heart emojis from my audience," she added. Once she was seated, she started softly explaining the grade-fixing scandal to her audience, bringing up documents and screen-captures of the data that validated her claims.

Today at 11:18 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Reynolds looked at the lightning and flicked the light back on. " Well that was weird, but the school does suck at fixing their power, so it doesn't surprise me."

Today at 12:23 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would look over at them and awkwardly blush, not sure how to feel. He didn't technically have a boyfriend, but it was something else to know the internet liked him.

Today at 12:24 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon strolled in half-awake, black cardigan slipping off one shoulder, with his bag in one hand and his glasses in the other hand that rubbed at his eyes. "Listen, I know I'm late. Just put it on my tab," he said putting on his glasses. Except for the white graphic Tee, Simon was all dressed in black with ears full of piercings.

Today at 12:45 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would notice Simon walk in and he just stared for a moment. Sure, Simon wasn't the guy you expected the QB to like, but that was the thing about love. It often didn't make logic sense.. Maybe it was the dry wit or the fact that he didn't seem to care. There was just so much to like. " Hey, I was beginning to think that you weren't showing up which sounds a lot like you."

Today at 1:17 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " No fucking in the middle of the detention room!?

Today at 1:17 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon continued his stroll into the room after sharply changing directions towards RB. He threw his bag on the next seat over and sat on the desk. "You're here. That's a good reason for showing up," Simon turned to Mr. Reynolds and continued, "alas, my ulterior motives were quickly discovered. Because what's hotter than detention and a pounding next to a bleeding book? That's some paper cut by the way. Who was the idiot?"

Today at 1:33 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB was surprised that he changed direction for him so fast, but ironically, he had been sitting in the seat next to the one that Simon threw his backpack on. He hadn't considered that he was a good reason to show up. But then again, Simon was the first ever kind of sort of serious relationship to him. " Honestly don't know- the book has been like this a little since I bought it and it keeps getting worse. I mean, there are- you know what- I'm not going to finish that setence."

Today at 1:44 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Well, that was a short lived idea, but yeah, the books apparently is called 'Make your Wildest Dreams come true.'"

Today at 1:45 PM

• Mglo:
    A chuckle slipped through Simon's lips, "how ominous." He watched the book for a moment, the drowsiness clearing now he'd been awake for a while. He fumbled with his tongue piercing, the metal making noise against his teeth every now and then. "So we're just going to watch this thing bleed? I'm not doing any cleanup." In truth, he was stalling. He hadn't talked to RB since they got caught in the locker rooms. There was an awkwardness he wanted to talk through but wasn't sure a detention room with its questionable audience was the place he wanted to have that. But then, Simon had never been very patient so after a pause he whispered to RB, "how are you doing? I mean, we just went really public... I don't care much about what people say or think, but I think it's a bit different for you."

Today at 1:59 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB hadn't considered how ominous it had sounded until he considered everything else that was going to happen. There was something strangely appealing to listening the clicking of the metal against SImon's tongue piercing. It actually kind of want to make it kiss him, but he held back on that instinct, feeling it would be a weird to do that right now. He considered their options and offered a shrug. Mr. Reynolds didn't have an answer, just getting a rag and wiping the blood. RB knew that he and Simon hadn't talked since the incident. It also didn't help that one of the other students were currently doing a super long livestream at the moment. " Strangely, it's going really well on the family. My dad is just ignoring it like he does with most things and my mom doesn't care that I'm gay as much as I was caught in the act. The team- well, they are taking exactly as well as I expected it. Half of them are off board and half find it really cool that I had someone. How are you?"

Today at 2:11 PM

• Mglo:
    RB's answer was more positive than Simon expected. Some choice words in particular put thoughts in Simon's mind that he hadn't allowed himself to consider before. Their relationship had started and continued physically for the most part. Talk of an actual serious relationship hadn't happened and Simon had assumed it wouldn't given the QB's status. "So long as I keep getting straight A's I get very little pushback at home. At school? Don't forget I'm friends with Jack. No one wants to mess with him and his crew so they don't mess with me. It's all good," Simon hadn't made much eye contact and even he found that odd. "No one's opened the book to see where the bleeding's coming from? Maybe it's a magician's gag and Mr. Reynolds is much lamer than we all thought possible," he suggested before taking a deep breath and finally turning to look at RB in the eye. "What now?" he asked ambiguously.

Today at 2:32 PM

• Monbon:
    After verifying that it was the correct room, Adoria nodded and took a seat. She immediately feeling out of place. If feeding puppies is a crime, everything is wrong with this world. She mostly kept to herself and alternated between playing games on her phone and watching what was going on. The bleeding book was grotesque but intriguing. It kept distracting her to the point where she had to put her phone down and simply stare at it. "I think you should open it. Maybe we can get it to stop if we do." She finally spoke up unable to contain her curiosity any further.

Today at 4:04 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB was surprised that his answer had been so positive. He had expected it to be Hell on Earth, but there were worse things in the walls and that was certainly something. He had to wonder if they were ready for a real relationship, one where it was more than just fucking in more places than he would ever dare to tell anyone. The locker room hadn't been their first tryst, but it certainly was one of the many that could have gone better. He had forgotten that Simon was the type whose parents were cool with everything. " Jack just had that energy of toughness. Like he has all the charm of a street magician combined with the son of the Devil rumors that nobody wants to mess with him. Yeah, I just didn't think it would be a good idea to open the book since you know, might be a horror prop, might be real and cause us problems. Are you asking about us or the book>"

Today at 4:07 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Go right ahead, I don't care either way."

Today at 4:08 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon thought it suspicious that Reynolds didn't mind wiping away the nonstop bloodletting of the book, yet claimed not to care if the book were opened or not. He also didn't feel responsible enough to make the thing stop. It wasn't the topic he was most concerned with at present. He adjusted his glasses and decided to stop being a freaking coward. "Us," Simon said while poking RB's cheek with a black nail. He felt himself blush all the way to his ears and that annoyed him so he stood up and picked up another person's pencil, "fuck it. If it splashes me with more blood, you'll have to undress me." Simon smirked as he lifted the book's cover with the tip of the pencil.

Today at 4:23 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would blush. There was so much to say about them. There were words and then there were actions and unfortunately for RB, his brain had decided now was the time for the system error to kick in. It took him a few seconds to even consider what to say next. " I mean, I kind of want us to be together now. I know that it is a crazy thought, but those are ofte the best one. And while this isnt the ideal place, I do think dating you would be part of to quote that book Making your wildest dream come true. I mean, it's no zombie apocalypse love story, or a detective murder mystery one or even like a Breakfast club romance or those cheesy horro movie one, but it is mine, kind of wish it happened at that party we are missing" The book would glow and the whole room would be bathed in white light..... and once it faded, they woul be at said party

Today at 4:40 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon's black hair helped hide some of the blushing. He was caught between wanting to smack RB and kiss him at the same time but was all too conscious of the detention room. They'd been so used to trying to hide that it had become habit. "Ye-" was the beginning of his response cut short by the glow of the white light. Simon dropped the pencil and took a step back. "The heck!" looking around he saw the detention room had vanished, replaced by the cacophony and chaos of the party.

Today at 4:55 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would look around even more confused on how this could happen. " I really don't like the fact that after I said that last sentence we are here..." He looked down as the book was now in his hands. " Oh and I really don't like this," he replied, dropping the cursed bleeding book onto the ground and just looked around. It landed on its back. Written on the back of the book was There's no Happy Ending. " Well, fuck, fuck, fuck."

Today at 5:01 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon looked from the book to RB and back to the book. He really didn't like what was written on the back. "That better not be some literary foreshadowing shit. I mean, life doesn't work that way anyway," Simon's hand had reached for RB's sleeve as he said it. "Are we really at the uh true party? Mr. Reynolds?" Simon looked around for the others that had been at the detention room.

Today at 5:10 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB considered his point, but still felt a bit of a chill go down his spine. " I hope that it isn't a foreshadowing thing either, I'm sure that it is just some sort of joke, though I also don't like a damn thing about this?" He looked around the area for a moment. " Yeah, this is the for real party from what I can tell and it doesn't look like anything is off, you know, other than the book." Mr. Reynolds had been dropped into the pool by the book and had come out incredibly wet and somewhat annoyed.

Today at 5:19 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon frowned before picking up the book. "Doubt we'll be partying anytime soon, but it doesn't feel right to leave this here." Simon slid his hand down from the sleeve to hold RB's hand "we're together right?" He walked towards Mr. Reynolds and lifted the book pointedly. "Any ideas Teach? Uh, here you can take my cardigan if that helps," Simon let go of RB's hand to offer Mr. Reynolds something to dry off a bit with.

Today at 5:31 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would nod. " Yeah, I think cursing another person with the burden of that book might be a bad thing. I just freaked out a little bit about having to have held it and make things so much worse.' He would take Simon's hand and offered a smile. "Yeah, we're together right now." He would pause for a beat. " Imani, that was the name of the Youtuber who did a video on the cursed horror book," he added. Mr. Reynolds would look at him. " It's fine, Simon, I'll dry off. Hopefully everyone else landed on some sort of solid ground to deal with whatever just happened."

Today at 5:40 PM

• Mglo:
    Simon nodded, he too would have dropped the book if it had suddenly appeared in his hands. He shrugged at Reynolds and used the cardigan to wrap it around the book in case it decided to bleed again while Simon was holding it. "I left my phone in my bag and Reynolds's probably shot. Do you have yours?" Simon was usually a skeptic but he couldn't deny this situation now and trying anything was better than nothing. He fumbled with his tongue piercing yet again at the feeling of uncertainty. "Out of all my detention days, this one's the one I show up to. Well... some bits of it have not been bad," he said, bumping RB with his shoulder.

Today at 5:54 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would looked over at him and then took a moment to consider what he said. " I mean, if you haven't notice, it looked like some of our stuff came with us as well. I didn't exactly remember to bring my phone with me today as I had to charge it last night from the long group text chain that blew up all night from the football chain." Simon's bag would be lounging on a chair by the pool. " Isn't that your bag over there by the way?" He didn't expect to be right, but it seemed that he was.about the bag being there. He offered a smile on his face and then looked at Simon. " I think being with you is the best part about today."

Today at 6:21 PM

• Monbon:
    Adoria audibly sighed at the wholesome atmosphere that the qt and his beau were emitting. It almost made one forget about the main attraction in the room. Her admiration for the two was cut short by a bright flash that blinded her, forcing her to shut her eyes. Before she could regain her vision, she could tell where she was, or rather what she was in; a ball pit. Blinking away the temporary blindness, she opened her eyes and looked around, watching people playing around and being dorks. A party? What happened to detention? Visibly confused, she exited the pit and looked around for the others. "Was it all a dream?"

Today at 6:33 PM

• Mglo:
    "Nice" Simon retrieved his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He pulled out his phone and searched for the video. "Here it is. Imani... cursed horror book...," he hit play and as he watched the sinking feeling from before had become more prominent. So far, the things they had seen matched things in the video. "Uh, I'd prefer it if we were not the teenagers in a horror movie. We're in the middle of a party though, things can't go too bad with this many people around," Simon looked around and then turned to their teacher, "plus there's Reynolds here with us. That's gotta count for something. Ah, there's another detention fellow." The youtube video continued to play, revealing the wishing nature of the book and the untrustworthiness of its granting.

Today at 6:36 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Uh... Viaeny thought uncomfortably as the two boys started talking openly about their sex life together. "...so here you can see that it goes all the way up to the Principal's office," she said, talking louder. Are they trying to shock me or something? Don't give them--but the whole Yearbook and Journalism crew are subscribed, plus other students. Even if I don't get clobbered for ToS, it'll get around the school, and what if some right-wing whackjob finds out about them and decides to--her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden flash of bright light. ..."Wha? How...?"

Today at 6:50 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB watched the video with a mix of intrigue and horror, not sure what to make of the whole situation or for that matter, what to take from the book. " Well from what I got from that video, the last thing we want to do is insult the bleeding cursed horror book because it seems to make your life terrible, but also, it seems that she got out and it had to do with learning a lesson along with the other people," RB replied back to him before looking at the ground. He took a moment to consider what to say next. " Oh god, it was me, I was the one who made it work when you open it. I picked some- oh fuck. I think I know the book wants now...."

Today at 6:52 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Looking around, she found that she was...at the big party? The book...? So far, no one at the party had reacted to the sudden appearance of several new people in their midst. The two guys were talking, and RB seemed to know a good deal about it, which was...surprisingly lucky. "Insult it? It's freaking AMAZING!" Viaeny said, picking up her laptop and heading over to the guys. "So did it actually teleport us to the party, or are we in a magic book Matrix or something?"

Today at 7:00 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    There was a moment of silence as the book would briefly glow in Simon's head. It would project an image of a man that look liked he was as old as the book, maybe older. He was dressed entirely in grey from head to toe. Grey blazer, grey shirt with grey buttons, grey pants, grey shoes. " Well, that's certainly a first. Usually more people freak out and curse us out. I'm the guardian/ horror novel spirit of the book and to answer your question, yes, we did. Honestly, -oh where are my manners? I forgot to give my name. It's Noir. Generally there is a lesson to learn, but honestly, you are all too nice and none of you are the type to learn a lesson. Maybe the teacher- but honestly, I feel like he could use more of a nap then anything. But thank you."

Today at 7:09 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "First the Pentagon admits UFO's are real, and now there's magic books? This is The! Biggest! Story! Ever! The whole Universe could be changing, or at least there's whole worlds of possibility we didn't even know existed!" Viaeny said, excitement mounting. For its next act, the book projected the image of a man, or maybe a genie or a wizard or...? "Uh...hello Mr. Noir. My name is Viaeny. Is it OK if I ask...how you came to be, or how you became linked to the Book?"

Today at 7:15 PM

• Mglo:
    When the book began to glow Simon held it out without dropping it because his first instinct had been to reach for RB. There he stood, holding onto his beau while a grey ghost talked to them. "Yeah, detention is notoriously unfair," Simon said upon Noir's remark on them all being nice. However, Simon still wondered what RB thought the book wanted.

Today at 7:16 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Well, that is a surpisingly simple answer. I'm the one who wrote the book and then I kind of attached my soul to it, kind of like a PDF file, so now I guard it. I actually have mellowed out from the last few times. Normally that insult earlier would have sent you on a whole quest. But also, RB, you're wrong."

Today at 7:19 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB just looked up and smiled. " You know and here I thought I would need to learn a big lesson and die to free everyone, but honestly for a twelve and a half hour detention, this wasn't too bad."

Today at 7:21 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Reynolds looked at his watch. " And you four only have ten more technical minutes of detention left. Watch says it's 9:20."

Today at 7:21 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "...Attached your soul to it...are...or were...you a wizard? Are there others like you?" Viaeny asked.

Today at 7:22 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Noir just offered a simple smile. " Yes, there are other books, but ones like me. No. How many cursed books you know that do horror and romance?'

Today at 7:23 PM

• Mglo:
    "Glad to hear detention is almost over but uh, what should we do with the- your book?" Simon quickly unwrapped said book out of politeness and stuffed his cardigan into his bag.

Today at 7:24 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Reynolds considered for a moment and just smiled. " :Honestly, you two should pass it on to someone else."

Today at 7:26 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh...well...yours is the only actual magic book I've ever even heard of," Viaeny said. "I mean, there are books that are supposed to be about magic, I guess, but nothing like this!" she said, gesturing around herself. "Actually," she said to Mr. Reynolds, "since there seems to be an actual sapient person in the Book, he should get to decide what happens to it. It's...kinda his home, I guess, isn't it? But...oh my god, I've got sooooo many questions! How did you even learn to put yourself into a book?" she asked Mr. Noir. She was starting to get the feeling that whatever this was, time could be running out, and with it her opportunity to ask the right questions in the face of The! Greatest! Story! Ever!

Today at 7:29 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    He would turn to walk away. " Oh yeah, before I forgot, Liam Reynolds is just an alias for teaching. A bit hard to go and be a teacher and not be recgonized by last name. Name's Michael Path. Friends and husband call me Socio sometimes, but yeah, this is up to him. Sure, Noir can decide."

Today at 7:30 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Path... Viaeny thought. Then recollection hit. "Are you related to Scott Path? The guy who wrote the movie?"

Today at 7:33 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Mr.Reynolds" laughed. " Yeah, that's my father."

59 minutes ago

• Mglo:
    Simon liked energy girl's idea better. He didn't feel comfortable with the idea of passing such an unpredictable book on someone else. "Just say the word and I'll do as you wish with the book Noir," Simon said, glancing questionably towards the teacher. An oddball after all. Simon knew there was a reason he'd never warmed up to the guy's charming rep.

58 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "And was he related to Mr. Noir somehow, or did he become Mr. Noir once he started living in the Book?" Viaeny asked.

58 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Noir would consider his options for a moment. " I honestly think you should just lock it up and put it somewhere where nobody can find me. That or donate me to a used book stores. Sometimes I think the Karens of the world deserve a lesson or two. I really don't care."

56 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael looked back. " That I don't know the answer too."

56 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Well, we have to keep the Book safe to keep you safe, don't we?" Viaeny said. "So we should probably lock it up somewhere. How do you learn real magic?"

53 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB would turn back to Simon. " So after we help find the book a new home, do you want to maybe go on our first real date? Maybe at this party."

53 minutes ago

• Mglo:
    "I hear ya," Simon carefully put the book in his bag then held on to RB's hand. He looked at RB and smiled at his question, "yeah, I wasn't planning on letting you go anywhere after this whole ordeal." Simon then turned to Noir. "Can I ask, why does the writing on the back of the book talk about there being no happy endings?"

53 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Noir just offered a smile and then flipped the book over and wiped away what was probably some blood. It read 'So they Say.'
    • Haha
    Reactions: View

52 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Well...maybe because there aren't really any endings?" Viaeny said, hoping that hypothesis was closer to the truth than some dire, doomer curse-y type reason. "I mean, if Cinderella was real and she married the Prince, it wouldn't just be 'happily ever after,' life would go on, they'd have kids, the Prince would become King, and they'd have new challenges and stuff?"

49 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Noir just gave the widest and grayest smile. " That is exacty the point that the summary is making about stories. They never really begin or end. There's always a new adventure just waiting around the corner to be discovered."

44 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Viaeny turned back to Mr. Noir. "But how do you learn real magic? It's seriously not every day somebody puts themselves into a real magic book!"

43 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB offered a smile. "I was hoping you would say that. May I kiss you right now?"

41 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Wha?!" Viaeny said. "Oooh, you mean him, right? Ehehe..." she said, glancing back at Simon before turning back to Mr. Noir.

37 minutes ago

• Mglo:
    Simon was relieved to hear the explanation, means he didn't have to have that nagging worry at the back of his head and could fully focus on this whole public dating reality. Sneaking around with RB had been fun but he'd always wanted to do more than that. In reply to RB's question, Simon gave his hand a squeeze, chuckled at energy girl's quip and then said "anytime you want, anywhere." He turned to him almost tempted to pull him in first.

36 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Noir would look back at her. " Trust me, it took a lot of work and some deals with shady people. Highly do not recomend it.

36 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "But...is there a way to learn good magic?" Viaeny asked. "Like, if there was a spell to cure leukemia, and I could sneak into a childen's cancer ward, cure everybody, and sneak out?"

34 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Noir looked at her. " All magic comes at a cost."

32 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Hey, girl, it's getting late. You done talking to yourself? My parents are going to be home in like ten minutes."

31 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Wha? Is it ending? Viaeny thought. "If magic is bad, are the shady people a threat? Like, to the world?" Her heart pounded in her chest. What if something terrible happened because she failed to ask the right question during this brief, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?

29 minutes ago

• Mglo:
    "C'mon RB. This is the whole reasons I even showed up to detention," Simon laughed and then pulled RB by the collar and took over his lips.

26 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mr. Noir didn't answer her. He was gone, almost as if he was never there at all. In the spot where he was standing, there was a card. You are cordially invited to te fourth of July party this summer at the popping NYC party. You'll know it. On the back was seven words. " They can answer you better than I can."

25 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB offered the widest and happiest grin. " I was hoping that you would say that," he replied, kissing him passionately back. It was just the perfect moment.

24 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Oh no! The livestream! Viaeny thought, looking at her computer screen. The teleportation had taken her out of the school's wifi hotspot, and she'd been too caught up in everything else to try to reconnect at the party. She took the card. It was the only concrete evidence she had that any of this had actually happened. Guess I'm going to a Fourth of July party...

20 minutes ago

• Mglo:
    "We can go on a proper date tomorrow, and there'll be more parties like this to go to better dressed later. How about we continue where we left off before we were so rudely discovered," Simon said, pulling RB away in the direction they both knew to be the locker rooms.

14 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    RB offered a smile and nodded. " I would love nothing more than to go on a date with you tomorrow and to go to all the best parties with my boyfriend Simon. God, those words sound so nice. Oh yeah, we can do that. Nobody should walk in on us now." RB was dragged to the locker room for a fun time.

12 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The party quieted down and it seemed that for once, all the so they say were wrong. There was a happy ending, because it was a happy beginning of something wonderful and beautiful. And maybe for once.... everything would be..... Just okay.
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    At least until the next cursed thing happens in their life. Love, Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.