CHARP! There's A Monster At The End Of This CHARP! Februrary 7th, @1PM EST to 4PMEST

Added to Calendar: 02-07-22

LuckycoolHawk9

Waiting On A Apology
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
You have heard rumors about it.

A small village that been terrorized by a monster.

One that hurt their children and killed their woman.

For years, the villagers has asked for someone to save them.

But when you get there to kill the monster........

Nobody else is there.

It's just you and a bunch of knocked people...

And a host of dead bodies.

Look like there is a mystery to solve.....

And a Monster and the end of this charp!


EVENT INFO.

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What: You are someone who has found themselves in a village amongst corpses.

When: February 7thh 1PM EST/12PM CST. This will end at 4PM EST.

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. There's a Monster At The End of This CHARP.​
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: XIII

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
The Golden Fox


1643629440677.png
Name: Sharandula Molchaniye Zoloto
Profession: Bandit/Swashbuckler
Nickname: Shara
Alias: Ceridwyn of the Meadows
Alias: The Golden Fox
Age: 15
Appearance: Short red hair, blue eyes, short, wiry build, almost always wears a mischievous smirk. Shara dresses in nondescript boys' clothes, usually a billowy shirt and pants, buckskin boots, and a matching waistcoat. When "in action" as the Golden Fox, she also wears a mottled orange-yellow hooded cloak with "fox ears" sewn onto the hood and an orange-yellow scarf wrapped around to hide her face.

Bio: Shara was born into the Zoloto Clan, a nomadic tribe of traders, performers, and providers of dubiously moral services. From her father, she learned the art of the rapier and dagger, how to pick locks and pockets, climbing and parkour, and how to get into and out of tight spaces. From her mother she learned how to cheat at gamble with cards and dice, a few cantrips for the talent of minor sorcery that runs in her family, some tricks of prestidigitation to make her magic seem more powerful than it is, and fortune-telling. From other members of the tribe, she picked up some skill in disguise and smuggling. She is not a master at any of these things, though her level of overconfidence might create that impression among the young and naive.

One day while plying their trades in the port city of Iskandahr, the Zolotos were rounded up in a progrom and confined to a workhouse. Shara narrowly escaped, but her parents didn't. Since then, she has taken up the life of a minor bandit, trying to scrape together enough money to buy her parents' freedom. When she can, she prefers to "rob from the rich to give to the poor," though her actions aren't quite as selfless as that sounds. In return for the occasional bit of help, she gets modest support from marginalized communities, such as places to hide out, and the occasional bit of rumor intel.

So far, she's managed to stay one step ahead of the authorities, and that's just the way she likes it.

A little over a year ago in a town called Rowenfel, it was not gendarmes she needed to stay ahead of, but a soul-eating spirit that was accidentally conjured on Reaper's Night, followed by a plague originating from one of the revelers. Which meant a hasty exit from Rowenfel and its environs was definitely in order.

After a year of hard travel and scraping by, she found her way to the village of Snowdrop Hollow, in time for another holiday festival she hoped would leave her in better straits than the last one.

And it did...sort of. After an encounter with a mysterious old man telling tales of fey magic, she left Snowdrop Hollow with a chest containing equally mysterious items, including a cryptic map. Without a better destination in mind, she followed the map's course, which led through another village. As she drew near this next stop, she passed travelers with warnings of a monster that stalked the town...


Cantrips:

Firebolt:
A modest bolt of flame shot from the fingertip of her index finger. It causes only minor damage, but can be enough to ignite flammable materials under suitable conditions.

Mend:
A cantrip that performs minor repairs to damaged objects, such as fixing a tear or hole in fabric, or a crack in pottery. It cannot be cast more than once on the same object in the same lunar cycle.

Hush:

This cantrip muffles sound generated by the user for five minutes, offering a moderate boost to stealth. It can be cast once per day.
 

LuckycoolHawk9

Waiting On A Apology
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Screenshot 2022-02-07 12.39.43 PM.png
(Face claim: David Gintouli)

Name: Raul Wolfgang Rivera
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk


  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Waking up in the village shouldn't have come as a surprise to you. You had been called to deal with a monster who had terrorized them for days. What would come as a surprise is that the village was filled with dead bodies- victims of the monster. But here you were- alive..... and uncertain of what had just happened.


    Today at 11:03 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara jolted to wakefulness. Not expecting to have been asleep in the first place, she scrambled quickly to her feet. She paled at the sight of the dead bodies all around her, drawing her sword by reflex. Checking around for threats, she carefully approached one of the bodies to try and discern how they died.


    Today at 11:10 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    It would seem as luck ( bad luck) in this case, the body she had managed to approach was alive. A bit bloody and definitely on Death's door. The woman would cough. "Get away from me."


    Today at 11:15 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul would start to stir awake from the woman screaming. He was confused to what had just happened. " What just happened?" He mumbled as he woke up.


    Today at 11:16 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara backed up a couple paces. "I don't want to hurt you. What happened?" Then a man started to awaken, and asked the same question. He didn't seem to be injured, so she kept her distance and oriented herself to keep him in sight.


    Today at 11:19 AM

  • littlekreen:
    Kobolds had a very simple response for when the deading starts. Find the deepest, darkest, hole that the tallblood can't fit in. Thus woke up folded into a small barrel underneath a house. "AHH! Dead hour!", shouted with alarm as his shadow-tolerant eyes saw a bunch of torn up faces staring at him from the end of the barrel. A small pile of corpses started to judder as a bright red foot kicked at them from between floor joists.


    Today at 11:22 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The woman would look at her. " The monster- you-it- killed- village- dead- barely- survived." It seemed the woman was too shell shocked and her sentence were coming off as fragmented. It also may be the sword that she was holding.


    Today at 11:22 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    For reasons unknown, Raul would be able to hear the Kobold screaming and would bolt to the house where he was in, It took some moving, but he managed to pull the Kobold out. " Hey, are you okay?" He asked.


    Today at 11:24 AM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec was in jean shorts, overcoat, and shirt as well as a musket he pointed up in alarm before looking to one side, "No! I'm in a town something cleared of tallblood!"


    Today at 11:25 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    As the man ran off, Shara checked her surroundings again, then sheathed her sword, since it seemed to be scaring the woman. "The monster? What did it look like?" she asked. "Is there an Apothecary or Healer's shrine in this village? I will try to find you an elixir..."


    Today at 11:28 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul would look over at him. " You look pretty human like to me, but whatever. You're right that something definitely attacked us."


    Today at 11:30 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The woman would notice the sword was away and would pause for a bit. " It was too dark, i couldn't see a thing, the healer is dead though, I heard there screams."


    Today at 11:31 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan started to stir awake as he heard Clec scream. He knew that making this pit stop was a bad idea, but he couldn't figure out what happened last night. " Clec is that you?" He asked.


    Today at 11:32 AM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec got up and hurriedly started reloading with a ball, packet, and ramrod while looking around worriedly. He looked up at Raul and shook the blood off his hands, "If you can see the monsters then monsters can see you. I wasn't gonna look it in the eyes. I hope the jellies are okay." He whistled into the distance and listened as some odd birdsong replied.


    Today at 11:37 AM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec looked over at Dylan and tried to smile, "Yep! No dumplings today! Just running!"


    Today at 11:37 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I'm not a Healer, but I'll try to...I'll be right back," Shara said. "Please hang on," she said, then headed into the village, hugging the buildings for partial cover as she searched the village for the Healer's shrine. She blinked in surprise at the kobold with the two men--she'd heard of them in stories, but never seen one with her own eyes. She gave them a brief wave so they would know she wasn't their enemy, then continued her search.


    Today at 11:40 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would take a moment and pause. "Maybe leaving might be a good idea," he replied back to her, not knowing what to say to Clec otherwise.


    Today at 11:43 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Share would have an easy time finding the village healer, but it seemed that a problem was immediately evident. All of the supplies had been ransacked and there were claw marks all around the area.


    Today at 11:44 AM

  • littlekreen:
    Clen shook his head, "No way to know which way the big bad went. Bad to panic run." Clec then looked over at Shara while putting the ramrod away shrinking behind the legs of the tallblood


    Today at 11:45 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara bit her lip in frustration. Where else might I find things that can help? A cloth-seller? A distiller? Is this village big enough to have an Alchemist's shop? She turned her attention to the men and the kobold. "Excuse me, are any of you Healers?"


    Today at 11:49 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would look over at her. "No, I'm just strong and got an amulet from a witch for five spells to help undo a curse. No medicine here."


    Today at 11:53 AM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul was quiet for a moment. " Well, I think it depends on the injuries."


    Today at 11:54 AM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec looked over as a small cloud of tiny deep jellies floated over to him. They shed sparkles of frost as they bobbed and Clec batted at one holding a finger in its tentacles before replying to Shara, "Nnnngh put that down, you! Well I got some kinda clean napkins an the jellies can slice up deadflesh."


    Today at 11:56 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "The woman in the village square," Shara replied. "Do you think you could help her?"


    Today at 11:58 AM

  • littlekreen:
    "More blood is better odds! If my cart's around for more napkins it's probably all busted though.", said Clec as he put the tiny musket pistol away across his back.


    Today at 12:01 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul would look over at the square. " I think that might be able too.


    Today at 12:02 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Somehow I don't think any of that will help."


    Today at 12:02 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Could you please come and try to help her?" Shara said. "I can help stand guard."


    Today at 12:03 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul would head back to the woman. " Okay, it is defintely possible to fix her up,, but I'm going to need you all to find some needle and thread."


    Today at 12:07 PM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec toddled off after Shara his bare claw-feet squelching in charnel soaked mud, "I'll do what I can. I'm no caster-bold but bolds know how to stop blood." The deep blue jellies with yellow sparkles drifted along behind him as some started squirming their way into his backpack.


    Today at 12:07 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara briefly looked at the kobold and his floating jellies with fascination, but there was no time to indulge curiosity. She gave Raul a quick nod and hurried off to find the nearest seamstress' or tailor's shop. Once she left the relative safety of the group, she drew her sword again, just in case. Something had managed to get the jump on her and put her to sleep. That galled her a little--nobody gets the jump on the Golden Fox!--so she kept her footfalls silent and her ears sharp.


    Today at 12:12 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The woman was looking a bit rough but she was alive for now. It seemed that she was also their only source of information. Shara would be able to find the tailor's shop with ease and get what Raul wanted. It seemed that everything was safe......


    Today at 12:19 PM

  • littlekreen:
    Unlike most kobolds, Clec was somewhat literate as being a chef not a theif. That meant that while he wasn't that loud the occupied backpack softly tinkled like a birdcage full of live glassware. He knelt down with his backpack swung to the ground. The flap opened removed a pair of gloves and some cloth napkins.


    Today at 12:20 PM

  • littlekreen:
    He whistled at the translucent lesions adhered to the inside of his pack with a dance of the napkin. The jellies moved over to it and started scrubbing it clean. Though they did the same to Clec to pick up and toss away dirt it seemed an effort with less cold.


    Today at 12:22 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara hurried back with the needle and thread, and some extra linen cloth for bandages. Another check of her surroundings, and she sheathed her sword long enough to hand over the supplies, so she wouldn't panic the poor lady again. Still keeping a wary eye, she edged a little closer to the kobold. "Your name is...Clec?" she said, doing her best to imitate the more 'clicky' sounds the kobold's mouth produced when saying the word.


    Today at 12:29 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would be quiet, trying to piece together something. "So, nobody remembers what happened last night, right? Because for the life of me, I don't understand what is going on," he replied as the woman would be fixed up by both Raul and Clec. It seemed that there was a moment of silence as the group would think about that.


    Today at 12:37 PM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec raised a brow at her attempt, "Nice try tallblood! Round tongues make weird sounds. Clec Tallstack! I sell food it is good money. Clean food. Want dirty things go talk to goblins." He offered the cleansed napkin.


    Today at 12:37 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul would finish stitching up the woman and would notice her finally start to sound more cohesive. " The monsters- they came after you went to go and look for them- they killed- they were terrifying- they........


    Today at 12:39 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Raul was quiet. " Are you saying there is more than one thing that did this?" He asked.


    Today at 12:39 PM


  • littlekreen:
    "Not sure. I remember thumpy deep darkness like some places underground where my jellies live." He scritched one with a gloved finger then pressed it toward the woman's wound. The swarm started to emerge and eat blood and discard frozen detritus. Though their tickling touch was a bit cold it probably helped with the pain.


    Today at 12:39 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan was quiet for a moment.


    Today at 12:42 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "That makes sense," Shara said. "It would have been hard for just one creature to completely pillage the healer's shop. There are claw-marks there. I...don't remember much, except that it was dark when I got here. I was about to try to find shelter for the night, then...then I woke up here."


    Today at 12:43 PM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec looked around at the town now in shambles and filthy, "Claw marks all the same size? How far apart the fingers?"


    Today at 12:47 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Well claw marks make it sound like one of the creatures that attacked this town was a werewolf. I can't think of anything else- other than a kobold that could do claw marks," Raul replied. Dylan had looked over at the body further away. " But it looks like that body was cleaved straight in half by a sword."


    Today at 12:48 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Some of the nearby bodies looked like they had been stung by Jellies and others like something had thrown them.


    Today at 12:49 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Are you suggesting we killed the people here?" Shara said. "Or that something took us over and made us do it? I'm not strong enough to cleave someone in half with a one-handed sword!"


    Today at 12:54 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan was quiet for a moment. " It does seem to be that either we killed the people or someone is framing it to look that way. I can't tell which is of those options are worse," he replied back to her for a moment, taking a moment to stare at a different body.


    Today at 12:57 PM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec looked around at the tentacle marks, "Too much blood for bolds. Theif bolds steal stuff then run. Why make enemies? My jellies are scavengers though. Not eat live things usually."


    Today at 12:59 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Ma'am," Shara said to the woman, "Do you know of anyone who would want to harm your village? Especially someone with magic, like a wizard or warlock?"


    Today at 1:04 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Maybe the person who did this didn't know how to make us look like we can do that," Raul replied, looking back at the woman, gears in his head starting to turn.


    Today at 1:05 PM

  • littlekreen:
    Clec looked at some of the larger scrapes against houses, "Dragons this kind of vengeful. Big bosses get mad."


    Today at 1:05 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The woman would look over at them. " I think there is a lot of wizard and witches who want to hurt this village. It's hard to think of one person.


    Today at 1:06 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Hey, now, that you are betterish, what is your name?" Raul asked the woman.


    Today at 1:07 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Are they all working together, or on their own? Why would they want to harm your village?" Shara asked.


    Today at 1:07 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " It's very possible to be all of them........ maybe they are just monsters and want to hurt people. My name.... huh- I forgot it."


    Today at 1:08 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "You forgot your name?" Shara said. "Do you remember where you live, or work?" So...if things are not as they seem...what if she isn't what she seems either? she thought.


    52 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Uhhh....nooo...."


    51 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "But you remember the witches and wizards? Do you know where they live?" Shara asked.


    48 minutes ago

  • littlekreen:
    Clec blinked while scritching at jellies scrubbing food from surfaces, "Aw we tail deep in muck if buncha angry mages. I only got so much powder! How often the monsters come by before?"


    48 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " They libe.... I can't remember- thehy must


    43 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I think she might be lying to us," Dylan replied to the group.


    43 minutes ago

  • littlekreen:
    Clec pokes at the woman with a gloved finger, "Everybody lies. But we don't 'member much too. Think it safe to call my cart? If we gotta flee I don't want to leave big momma sapphit behind."


    37 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    It seemed that the sun was setting. Two things happened. One, Raul started to shift to have more wolf like creatures and where the woman once was.... was a legit monster.


    36 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara drew her sword, but against a shapeshifting monster and a werewolf, fleeing definitely seemed like the better option. On the other hand, turning away from them would only give them a free chance to attack, and though she remembered right where the nearest narrow alley was (for it was always good practice to memorize escape routes in a dangerous situation), there was no guarantee she could outrun them.


    27 minutes ago

  • littlekreen:
    Clec pointed and chirped as jellies stuck to him like warts, "[Phwee] See! See! everybody lies!" Somewhere in the distance there was a sound of a cart dragging upside down.


    27 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    It seemed that the werewolf didn't attack you, but did throw a swipe at the shapeshifting creature. It may have been mad that it was tricked.


    25 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would run after Clec and move fast enough that he got to the cart. It looked like it was just Shara, the werewolf and the shapeshifting monster left.


    24 minutes ago

  • littlekreen:
    The jelly carrying the cart was Clec's own height in diameter. Though at some point got flipped and had an icy scar on the surface. The jelly extended a tentacle toward Clec as the Kobold tried to get it upright. the cart wasn't much bigger than a wheelbarrow with a roof but it was heavy for the kobold.


    21 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Clec called for their cart,Shara thought. They'll be wanting to run-- But then the werewolf attacked the woman-monster! That changed the balance of power, so Shara took a moment to concentrate, then hurled a Firebolt at the monster's face. She didn't expect it to do much if any damage, but if it could keep the monster from concentrating to use its sleep magic...


    21 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The fireball would prove to be incredibly useful as the monster's face was damaged. It shifted into SHara and would proceed to try to attack her with her own sword.


    18 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara used her sword to strike at the other blade, steering its strikes and thrusts away from her, while she gave ground; the werewolf was bigger and stronger, so as long as the monster was focused on her, he could get in a free shot.


    15 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The werewolf would swipe a claw at the end of the monster's neck and it would start to bleed. It would shift into Dylan for a moment, realizing that was a bad idea and would turn into the werewolf. The wolf still attacked as the shifter used one last effort to turn into the kobold.


    14 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Once the monster turned into Clec, Shara lunged at it with a quick thrust of her sword, then pulled back out of measure in case the creature turned back into the larger werewolf again.


    12 minutes ago

  • littlekreen:
    With the help of the jelly attached to the cart managed to get it upright and sat on the tiny ledge where the reins were tethered. Though the kobold went around to the back to get his good knives. Nobody liked a kobold carrying around knives to left them in the cart. There's a snap and a rumble as the kobold starts rolling down the street one hand holding his musket pistol. "Oi! Only one!", There's a contact flare as a ball goes downrange.


    12 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    It seemed with the combined efforts of the group, the shifter would fall. The werewolf seemed to have no interest in attacking the group.


    10 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara startled at the loud report, and she backed away a few more steps. She was no expert on firepowder weapons, but the Zoloto Clan didn't use them because they were noisy and (according to the adults in the family) fairly inaccurate. To her relief though, the monster was dead, or at least appeared to be. Keeping a wary eye on the werewolf, she cautiously approached the monster and gave it a few more stabs, then hacked at its neck to sever the copied kobold head.


    8 minutes ago

  • littlekreen:
    Clec pulled up the cart to himself as sapphit reached for the corpse, "I only gots one shot with the gun, not gonna take on lie blob and danger puppy without my knives!"

  • littlekreen:
    The kobold recalculated his mercantile horizon, "Oh, danger puppy on our side? Oh, well living side is best side. Maybe bad for sales."

  • 5 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The creature was dead and between it and the werewolf, the entire village was set on fire. All of the bodies and the homes lined up perfectly to destroy the whole village. If there had been anyone left alive, they were dead now. The wolf shifted back into Raul. " We should go." It turned out.... the true monsters who wound up destroying and saving the village at the same time..... was all of you.