OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP! The Keepers: Tainted Tech - April Thursday 8th @ 2PM to 5PM Central

Added to Calendar: 04-08-21

ARE YOU ATTENDING?

  • Maybe?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female

THE KEEPERS: TAINTED TECH
THURSDAY APRIL 8TH @ 2PM - 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

*** This charp may get rescheduled if Real Life happens.

The S.T.A.R.S. (Survival Transfer And Relocation Station) Project Colonizer ship has set out from Earth to find a new habitable planet. Because space travel has yet to be perfected by humans, it still takes hundreds of years before reaching new systems and galaxies. The majority of the occupants on board must be kept in a cryogenic sleep, only to be awakened when they reach a new world. These colonists are cared for by a small team of people that live out their lives simply for the sake of keeping the colonizer ship functional. Occasionally new people are awakened from the cryo-chambers to take over.

It’s been centuries since the colonizer has left Earth and it’s coming into the territory of inhabited space. A planet with the perfect conditions for human life is drawing closer. But something went terribly wrong. An unknown lifeform got into the ship and corrupted the cryochamber system, awakening the entire ship of a thousand colonizers before their time.

Now Captain Wainwright of the ship affectionately known as Debris is dead. His last warning was to isolate every citizen that had cybernetic enhancements for they may be infected with this strange techno-alien. Who has inherited the role of Captain? Will the Keepers get everything under control in time?


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are either one of the current generation of Keeper crew that keeps this ship running OR one of the newly awakened colonizers. If you are a colonizer with cybernetic implants, you are at risk of infection.

WHEN: APRIL 8TH - THURSDAY @ 2PM CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 5PM.

WHERE: Join us in the KEEPERS chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
The S.T.A.R.S.S. Debris
1617019613586.png

The S.T.A.R.S.S. Debris is a Sleeper Ship, designed to carry a population of colonists to a new world at sub-light speed, tended by a small crew of Keepers. Artificial gravity is provided by centrifugal rotation of the ship's ring sections. It is protected from high-velocity impacts with space dust by a bow shield as well as by a Bussard shield, a powerful magnetic field that deflects charged particles and smaller dust grains out of the path of the ship. The ship also has a forward-mounted laser that can be used to vaporize or divert larger objects such as small asteroids or cometary bodies out of the ship's path. Objects too large for the laser to divert are able to be detected at greater distance, allowing the Debris to maneuver to avoid collisions.

Here is a video that explains more about Sleeper Ships, extrapolating from known science and technology:



This video explains a related concept, Generation Ships (ships where the crew remain awake for the journey, so that the people who reach the ship's destination may be distant descendants of the original crew):


Given the difficulties the Debris has faced with its cryogenic suspensions system, the survivors may need to convert it into a Generation Ship.

And one more, about Gardener Ships; vessels that pause in a solar system to seed a colony, then continue onward to plant more colonies in other solar systems:



It is not necessary to watch these videos in order to join the CHARP. They are only presented as a resource players may find helpful for getting into the setting of the story.
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
1617022068888.png

Name: Mihari Jirae
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Engineer, Technoshaman
Bio: During the early era of Solar System travel, the crews of cycleships on long-haul Hohmann transfer orbits to the planets and Asteroid Belt adapted to permanent shipboard life as they brought crews and supplies to far-flung bases. They developed their own culture and customs, and came to call themselves the Cotu (Children of the Universe) Tribe. When humanity began launching interstellar voyages, the Cotu were in high demand as ship designers and Keepers, since they were already fully adapted to life in space.

Mihari's ancestors passed the Cotu ways down to her, and raised her to be a Keeper as they were. She holds her Ship to be sacred, and does all in her power to care for Her needs.

Personality: Mihari carries an air of mystery about her. For her, science, technology, magic, and spirituality are all intertwined, centered on her Ship, which she reveres as a living being.
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
This is tomorrow!
 

littlekreen

Edgebabby
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
No Preferences
4a3b92622f0fa2f19690d6ba64a6059d.jpg Name: Sukarma Lexicon
Gender: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Profession: Bulwark, Deep colony support/logistics
History: In some ship depths are suspension gear carefully walled in and squirreled away from the other sleepers their existence entrusted a captain to protect a ship as a reserve should a threat arrive. In the modern era often a set of security or engineering personnel more than human after the rise of cybernetics. Though this one something more a single hidden sleeper unlogged and unrecorded in ship systems and encased in an armored EVA. The rest of the sealed berth occupied by a ship. Barely surviving a wake-up as something tampers with the stasis systems Sukarma cuts her way out of the secure cask to get at service tunnels even if she feels terribly sick.
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

  • Diana Diana :
    WELCOME TO THE KEEPERS CHARP.


    Today at 12:07 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    This is a sci-fi thriller setting. You are a colonist that was cryofrozen until your ship finally arrived at it's destination, or you are one of the "Keepers" that is meant to keep the ship in working order while everyone is frozen. There was an issue on the ship that has now awoken EVERYONE when they should not be awake. People with cybertech implants are now being quarantined because they may be infected with hostile alien life.


    Today at 12:07 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    IMPORTANT: TYPE FAST, TYPE BRIEF. Too much text is hard to read in a fast paced charp and you might miss out on action. Keep posts to 10 sentences or LESS.


    Today at 12:07 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    HOT TIP! Put your character's name in the first sentence of each post so we know who you are playing. You can use bbcode color to help tell your posts from others.


    Today at 12:07 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. PAY ATTENTION to those because they are giving you hints on what to do next in the story!


    Today at 12:08 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    My roleplays are ALWAYS NEWBIE FRIENDLY! So don't worry if you've never done this before, if you make typos, or if you get confused and make mistakes. I am always in the main chat to help answer questions or to put you in the right direction.


    Today at 12:08 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:09 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    Most of the Debris' passengers have been gathered in a huge stadium-like room where Elder Keepers are trying to keep everyone calm as a small team scans citizens for signs of cybertech. Those with tech are being escorted off to be quarantined in the medical bay. "If you scheduled to be or have been part of the Keeper crew in the past, we need your assistance now. Please report to your assigned stations. In the mean time we need everyone to remain calm..." They droned on. Meanwhile a small team of people are desperately trying to figure out what is circling the nearby planet and if it's a threat to the colony.


    Today at 12:57 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    A young woman with familiar features pushes her way through the crowd of colonists, grabbing a hold of anyone with an I.D. badge to demand answers. "Have you seen Captain Wainwright?! I need to find him!"


    Today at 1:00 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari jolted at the sudden touch. She'd been one of the first to get to the medical bay, to have her cochlear implants removed. They had been modest as cybernetic enhancements went, and were not much more than a glorified comms headset, but she could take no chances. "Captain Wainright? I'm sorry...he is gone," she said sadly.


    Today at 1:08 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "Gone where," the young woman demanded to know. The good news was that she wasn't one of the people needed to have their implants removed.


    Today at 1:12 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick, for his part, had thrown several people from the air locks who were too far gone. It was grizzly and nasty business, but he was used to killing. He returned to the infirmary last, broad chest heaving from the mad run around trying to isolate anyone who was augmented. He arrived in time to hear the question, and he looked over and placed a firm hand on Mihari's shoulder to try to shut her up. "Mihari is acting captain at the moment. Captain Wainright had a very intense procedure." It was not a lie... not really. He couldn't lie.


    Today at 1:16 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma dropped into a cargo bay emptied of people on their way to the stadium after cutting through a wall to exit a berth hidden in the superstructure. A shock baton on her side and a gauss pistol on the other was short compared to the others even with the armor. On its shoulder bearing the symbol of three pods with kneeling soldiers inside. Her head hurt but made her way through the ship to where the announcements said the others were. Clomping up at the back looked about the arena. She didn't see Wainright anywhere.


    Today at 1:21 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "He is--how may I help you?" Mihari said, somewhat awkwardly poking and swiping at a tablet, trying to verify that the Captain's last order to the Ship, to give her Sigma Omega access, had gone through. Under the circumstances, she thought better of using her contact lens-screens and gesture recognition interface as well. Though not implanted, they could not be thrown as quickly as the tablet, in case of infestation.


    Today at 1:21 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Warwick's answers had disturbed the girl even further. "What do you mean intense procedure!? Where is he! I need to see him right now!"


    Today at 1:22 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Sukarma arrived just in time to hear one of the elder Keepers insist that those cleared of cybertech should immediately go to their designated hall and to await further instruction. But someone in the crowd wasn't having it -- as someone with a prosthetic, they were going to be separated from their family for no good reason! It seemed like a riot was going to break out any moment.


    Today at 1:25 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "What is your emer--" Mihari said, interrupted by the sudden and rather loud appearance of someone in powered combat armor. "Warwick, with me please," she said and started toward the armored individual, cringing inwardly at the mayhem that could be unleashed if the armor became infected. Then someone with a prosthetic began to protest. For a moment she froze as images of the Captain's cybernetic arm coming to alien life flashed in her mind, and the sickening crunch-squish-rip it made when it tore itself free from his shoulder. "Please close down all comms immediately, remove your armor, and power it down. Do you have any cybernetic implants?"


    Today at 1:32 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Ma'am," he said, "You aren't the only one demanding to see the poor bastard. He can't see anyone right now due to his condition. Now, do you have any tech implants or prosthetics? If so, get in line. I'm able to help with the procedures now, so they should go faster." He didn't say that he'd just chop stuff off and let the next person close the wound.


    Today at 1:32 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari struggled for calm, to keep herself from shaking, to provide the presence of stability that people would need. People! Dealing with alien-infested technology was one thing; she knew technology, was comfortable with it. It was...sensible, well at least until now. But panicking, angry people?


    Today at 1:35 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Lights on the exoframe started to blink out as Sukarma started bricking dynamic systems in the suit she didn't absolutely need. The exoframe had to stay but at least the daggers jabbing at her mind ebbed as what passed for an immune system had less of the empty rigid things to focus on. Her voice was calm as she looked at warwick making no moves for her weapons, "I answer only to the Captain."


    Today at 1:35 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick hurried after Mihari, then frowned at Sukarma. "Mihari is acting captain," he said firmly.


    Today at 1:37 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "I have every right to see the Captain...!" They were already trying to walk off without her, of which she wasn't pleased about. She stomped after Mihari since she was "acting captain". "What's his condition?! Is it serious?!" She was having to raise her voice even higher because there seemed to be a big ruckess forming amongst the colonist. She didn't give two whits about that -- the captain was her only concern.


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    "I take it he didn't have time for the full brief, " Sukarma sighed, "I'm your Bulwark."


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Thankfully Mihari, Warwick, (and now Sukarma) were not the only Keepers on the scene. Those that'd been activated as security were trying to get the mob under control before things got too nasty in the stadium. At least until someone threw a punch and bloodied up some Elder's nose. For the moment there were no signs of techno infections, but a riled up crowd confused and scared was just as dangerous. A larger scuffle was now breaking out as Keepers struggled to get things calmed down.


    Today at 1:44 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari turned to the insistent young woman. She looked familiar somehow--if Mihari still had her contact lens-screens, facial recognition would have automatically conjured her identity, but Mihari couldn't place her under the circumstances. "Please identify yourself," she said, then turned to the armored figure. "Bulwark?" From the iconography, she guessed that a 'Bulwark' was something like a Special Forces trooper meant to be deployed to the planet upon arrival. But such forces were not meant to be awakened during her lifetime, much less called to service, so she did not know anything about them.


    Today at 1:46 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Manual locks pop as she fingers heavy latches at the collar and removes her helmet revealing a blue-skinned face with faint rivers of color and tapering tendrils that passed for her hair sprouted tiny receivers. "Bulwark ops sent me. Something started to try and put me down and the IDS fired up to wake me. I can keep it out but it's making me feel sick. What's going on? I bricked most of the suit systems."


    Today at 1:46 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick smelled the blood and jumped into action. He grabbed the aggressor, yanked them from the Elder, and held him up in the air, using his height and build to full advantage. "Stop fighting!" he roared.


    Today at 1:46 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick's voice, held an edge of something strange that made them _want_ to obey... more than if it hadn't had that energy, at least.


    Today at 1:47 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma looked around at the crowd, "Calm down! It won't make anything easier if you're beating each other!"


    Today at 1:49 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "Virginia Wainwright, Cadet Officer 2024. I need to see the captain. What's wrong with my Da-"


    Today at 1:54 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Quite suddenly the entire station shuddered and all of the power shut off. Backup lights in a deep ominous red flickered on. "EMERGENCY PROTOCOL ACTIVATED. ALL CITIZENS REPORT TO YOUR HALLS FOR LOCKDOWN. KEEPERS HEAD TO YOUR STATIONS. MIHARI REPORT TO THE BRIDGE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ALL CITIZENS REPORT TO YOUR HALLS FOR LOCKDOWN."


    Today at 1:54 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma looks upward as the lights go off, "Just call me Bulwark. I'm the only one..."


    Today at 1:58 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick managed to hear Virginia's name before all of the chaos. Oh, damn... Worse, this meant that the quarantined might try to get back with the others. He looked to Sukarna. "Help me keep the quarantined folks here," he urged, then added, "Please." Then he looked to Mihari. "Take Virginia. Explain in private," he urged. She needed to know, but nobody else did.


    Today at 1:58 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "You have cybernetic implants to interface with your suit?" Mihari said to Sukarma. Before she could try to figure out a way to explain the situation to the armored warrior, the power went down. With gritted teeth, she suppressed a groan. "My apologies, I must go. Miss Wainright, please come with me."


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Between the sudden quarantine, the rumors of a missing captain, and now even more dysfunction with the ship with the power outage, it seemed as if this was the last straw for all of the frightened colonists. Full chaos broke out in the stadium as people started running -- both to obey the emergency protocol, but just as many going full on violent trying to demand answers from Keepers they could ambush. Now more than ever it the ship needed a leader!


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "I'm right behind you," replied Virginia, though that was going to be difficult with the current chaos. People were running and scattered everywhere, and everyone with a Keeper's badge was now in danger of errant punches and angry colonists!


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma put her helmet back on as the two left and followed warwick. the electrical humm of her shock baton as she pressed a button on its handle. Though her head swam at the abundance of stimulation as something desperately clawed at her intellect. Swaying a bit at times kept up with Warwick swinging at the more violent persons, "What's... the plan! I can't just subdue everyone!"


    Today at 2:11 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari closed her eyes in frustration, fighting down fear. What would Captain Wainwright do? Or anyone who knew what to do as a leader of these people?! she thought. She opened her eyes and gently took Virginia's arm to lead her away from the crowd. Once she had her alone in a corridor, she let go. "I am very sorry, Miss Wainwright. Your father...your father is dead. He gave his life saving this Ship and Her crew and passengers. I know that is no consolation...and no words I say can ever be. I...I do not have time to help you grieve as I should. Please report to your hall for lockdown."


    Today at 2:15 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Subdue all we can. Anyone with implants or prosthetics is a risk factor to the rest," he informed as he crashed two violent peoples' heads together. "Keep them apart from the unaugmented. If they escape quarantine, there could be problems." He tried to be vague to keep people who overheard from panicking more. "Once we're between them and the doors, it'll be easier."


    Today at 2:17 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "What. He's not. He promised he'd go into cryo so we'd be together when-" At that point Virginia choked up, throwing a hand over her mouth. She nodded quickly to at least confirm that she'd heard and understood Mihari.


    Today at 2:21 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I am sorry. I must go," Mihari said, patting Virginia on the shoulder before turning away to run for the Bridge.


    Today at 2:22 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    MIHARI REPORT TO THE BRIDGE. ALL CITIZENS REPORT TO YOUR HALLS FOR LOCKDOWN. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. The emergency alert stayed on repeat. Warwick and Sukarma certainly had their hands full with the leftover rioters, and though there wasn't any signs of new tech infection, anyone sensitive to the ship


    Today at 2:23 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    .....anyone sensitive to the ships movements could feel a subtle shudder beneath their feet. Something was very very wrong.


    Today at 2:23 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Thankfully, Warwick was well-accustomed to fighting, and he knocked heads, bonked, and chopped necks until a semi-circle of unconscious people.


    Today at 2:25 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Inwardly cursing the awkwardness of the tablet screen, Mihari swiped at it to bring up a wireframe hologram of the Ship meant to show internal diagnostics and any external threats.


    Today at 2:26 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    While running. Thus, she continued to regret the absence of her contact lens-screens, but at least they wouldn't be sprouting alien tentacles and boring into her eyeballs.


    Today at 2:28 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Mihari's screen showed her that the ship was now moving faster and faster. Dangerously so towards the nearby planet and the ring of weird tech around it. Once she reached the bridge, she was met with a bunch of freaked out technerds of various ages all scrambling to get control of the ship. "We can't figure out out!" one of them shouted. "Nothing is controlling the ship's software, but we're being pulled towards the planet!"


    Today at 2:29 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma grabbed one prosthetic arm as it swung at her and the other cracked on her helmet. Taking blows her mind insisted it wanted to vomit and she felt overheated but after taking more smashes to the head regained her senses and swung the man around. Taking a small cable from her wrist as he punched her with the other hand jabbed the vampire tap into a data cable. Though contact made her feel tired from the exposure to more daggers nerve stormed a few of the banal neural processors until she could push them away. A bootstrap announcing itself quickly competed for as she grabbed access and started bricking the operational code of several integral parts. Civilian tech was usually too cheap to be hardened after all. "Listen, fool, calm while we come up with a solution and you can see your family eventually! Have faith!"


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Pulled?" Mihari said. "As if by gravity? What is the acceleration toward the planet? Helm, shut down the main engines. We are going to need to change course. Sciences, are the gravimetric sensors online? Can you detect a source for the pull? Or any other signatures, such as Hawking radiation from a black hole?" She sat in the Captain's chair and activated shipwide comms. "Attention Keepers and passengers, this is Acting Captain Mihari Jirae. Please remain calm, obey Keeper instructions, and report to your halls for lockdown. You must do this immediately so that we can secure the Ship for maneuvers. This will require us to stop the rotating sections and subject all areas to zero gee."


    Today at 2:44 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick grunted as he got the last rioters down


    Today at 2:49 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Then, he started strapping people to the stadium seats. Maneuvers, of course, but they needed to keep the quarantine! "Everyone strap in! We have a quarantine for a reason!


    Today at 2:50 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    With the combination of Warwick's manhandling, Sukarma's asskicking, and Acting Captain Mihari's instructions people were finally getting their panic under control. (If at least because no one wanted to be flying around in zero G during an emergency.) On the bridge, the bridge crew were working with Mihari to answer questions. "There doesn't seem to be any-- Oh. Oh no," exclaimed on of the crew. Unable to explain it in words, they brought up the visuals on screen for everyone on the bridge to see. Those uncountable flying bits and bobs that surrounded the planet below in a giant ring were all swarming towards the ship. Hundreds and thousands were already attached to the outside of the ship's hull with millions more attaching every second.


    Today at 2:57 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma picked up the man roughly expecting the sudden void of sensation to quiet his rage. Forced to drag the man by his belt dropped him into a seat and buckled the limp appendage in with the rest of him. Thinking out loud she called to warwick looking at the screen, "I'm kitted for colony support not weapons fire!"


    Today at 3:00 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Astrogation, get together with Ops," Mihari said. "I need you to bring up a list of the S.T.A.R.S. candidate systems, and choose the farthest one from this system that the Ship can still reach. Life Support, assess available resources with the aim of converting the Debris into a generation ship. The Cotu Section has hydroponic gardens and biolembic waste treatment systems. We will need to replicate these to service the needs of the entire Ship. Comms, do we still have..." her string of commands was interrupted by the dire report. "Point defense systems, fire!" The Debris had a few point defense lasers meant to divert any asteroids or cometary bodies on a collision course with the vessel. Of course they would be nowhere near enough to deal with such a numerous threat, but she had to try.


    Today at 3:02 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Comms, transmit on all frequencies," Mihari said. "This is The S.T.A.R.S.S. Debris. We did not intend to invade your space. At the time of our departure from our homeworld, we could detect no signs of intelligent life in your system. We will choose another destination system if you cease your attack. Please respond."


    Today at 3:05 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    KSSSSSHHHHHH. KSSSSSSST. KSSSHHHHHH. KSSSSS. Nothing legible wanted to come through, until finally one of the technitions twisted enough dials and the buzzing started to come out in a pattern. -.. . .- - .... ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-. ... -.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- -. --- .... --- -- . -.. . .- - .... -.. . .- - .... -.. . ... - .-. --- -.--


    Today at 3:12 PM

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma reached for the mag boots then realized she'd shorted out the subsystem. Heading over to Warwick she gripped a chair to make sure she didn't float away. Distantly a damage control system likely complained of unregistered movement in a ship berth one too many than records said they had. A large weight shifting inside to press on the walls. Sukarma resisted the urge to snoop on comms channels.


    53 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari tapped a control to feed the Morse Code (!) signal through a translator. " DEATHSTRANGERSDESTROYNOHOMEDEATHDEATHDESTROY" She gritted her teeth. "Comms, send the following message to Sol: 'S.T.A.R.S.S. Debris. Destinatin world hostile aliens. Cyber threat, do not use cryo. Prepare for war.' Then give me control of the comm laser." The Ship was connected to the Solar System by a laser data link that would allow Earth to transmit tech updates, and the Debris to send back Her findings. This required powerful pulsed lasers on both ends, and worked as long as the Ship remained on its predicted trajectory, or could return to it after maneuvers. The limit of light speed meant that Earth would not receive their warning for decades, but as far as known physics was concerned, nothing else could reach Earth faster.


    52 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Whew," Warwick sighed. "Alright. If Mihari calls, we head there, otherwise let's keep things organized here.


    52 minutes ago

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma shook her head, "this is a massive open room if the hull is breached you'll all get sucked into the void. We need to be behind a bulkhead!"


    48 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari activated shipwide comms. "Captain Jirae to all hands, secure for emergency maneuvers. We are under attack by hostile aliens. We will do everything in our power to keep the Ship safe and seek a new destination world. Warwick and Bulwark and all who are trained to fight, prepare to repel boarders. Prepare for microgravity."


    48 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    --. --- .... --- -- . -.. . .- - .... -.. . .- - .... -. --- .... --- -- . .... . .-. . --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. . .- - .... ... - .- .-. ... - .- - .. --- -. -.-. .-. .- ... .... -.. . .- - .... -.. . .- - .... -.. . .- - .... Oddly enough the message wasn't coming from the millions of bots attaching themselves to the hull, but from the very planet below. But it might have been too late. Something sounding horrorfyingly like metal being ripped and churned apart echoed through-out the entire ship.


    45 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari used the Ship's telescope to start looking over the alien megastructures for anything that looked especially important. There! she thought, noticing a massive ring that was exactly centered on the ship, tethered to other, larger stations that seemed to be holding it in place. "Comms, is the message sent? I need that laser."


    44 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mihari translated the second message: " GOHOMEDEATHDEATHNOHOMEHEREONLYDEATHSTARSTATIONCRASHDEATHDEATHDEATH" She then turned the ship's telescope on the planet, toward the source of the signal. "Secure all hatches." There's no such thing as an unarmed spaceship, Mihari thought grimly. Now give me something to hit.


    40 minutes ago

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma looked at Warwick as Jirae announced they were about to be boarded, "I have four explorer-class EVA suits in the unlisted berth and a couple more weapons. They're not built for combat but they can take a decent beating."


    37 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Security," Mihari said to the Security Chief, "Can I assume you've had your tech people looking for ways to counter their cyber-attacks? If you have anything you can use, like a counter-virus, use it now." She then looked back to the diagnostic to see if there were millions of hull breaches, or if most of the attached drones were doing something else.


    32 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    "I'm not sure the message is from aliens," said a voice from the doorway spoke up softly. Virginia hadn't gone to her hall like instructed, and there was no telling how long she'd been lurking nearby. Her eyes were red like she'd been crying, but she seemed to have herself under control now as her brows were thoughtfully furrowed. "That was an old earth language, wasn't it? What if-"


    31 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    BWEEZOOOOOWM. Finally the on board defense systems were very suddenly forced online by the bridge crew, weapons were aim at Acting Captain Jirae's directions towards the ring on the alien megastructure. Maybe someone had an itchy trigger finger and didn't wait for an official firing order - the laser fired out and the shockwave was powerful. It hit and sent flying everything around it with so much force that even the S.T.A.R.S. station itself was knocked off course and began hurtling towards the planet. It WILL crash, but will it make it down to the surface in one piece?!


    31 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick grunted and slammed into a wall. He righted himself, then looked to Sukarma. "Can you handle things here? I'm going to check on the Captain!"


    28 minutes ago

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma shook her head, "Our orientation is way off there's no way we're still on course! I need my avatar to survive impact if we end up there with survivors and I can try pushing back against the interference but not with it remote and the bridge is much further away than I am. It's my best option for these people and I could use some help."


    19 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "What do you need?" Warwick asked, eager to help ensure the survival of as many as possible


    17 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Helm! Use full RCS thrusters, aim the ship on a tangent to the planet's atmosphere, main engine burn for four point eight seconds of Delta Vee. Route all available power to the Bussard shields.! Launch all colonial dropships on autopilot, have them pick a landing site as close to that signal as possible." Then she toggled the shipwide comms. "All hands to the escape pods. We have arrived at our destination early. Repeat, all hands to escape pods," she said, then deactivated shipwide comms. "Helm, set the escape pods to land as near as possible to the dropships. If that's a human signal, there are humans alive there. All of you...get to the escape pods. Transferring Helm control to my station. I will...make sure the Ship does not crash on your new world. Best of fortune to you all."


    15 minutes ago

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    Sukarma starts running off as the ship starts to shudder, "I don't have cybernetics, Warwick, I'm biomechanoid. I am a ship. I need crew! You'll find a hole to Berth 19 in 18!"


    14 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    If things went as Mihari hoped, the Ship itself would skip off of the planet's atmosphere and back into space (though She would almost certainly break up in the process), instead of becoming a planet-killing crater on impact. And Her crew and passengers would make it to the planet's surface safely.


    12 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Oh, shit..." He stared, then took off towards where Sukarma told him to go. He wasn't probably any good as crew, but if he was the difference between survival and not...


    10 minutes ago

  • littlekreen littlekreen :
    With systems disrupted the contagion ebbed from the din of damage and noise. As Sukarma ran down the short hallway to the atrium's berths dodged into the hole she'd cut through the wall next to one berth to a wide-open security door. Her black and blue-veined surface from a synthetic silicate substrate in a distant resemblance to a squid with four-toed stump legs for landing gear. Eight flexible tool arms at the front and four thick ones for her magnetoplasmadynamic engines. Too heavy to enter orbit from the ground or stay there since the things would tear her apart she needed at least one of the two shuttles compressed into her side to have a pilot. Her organic brains were very human though she was never born one couldn't fly three parts of herself at once. Explosive bolts prepped, prepared to blow herself out of the berth when able..


    5 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    Hundreds of colonists boarded escape pods as quickly as they could in the chaos and panic, most shuttles hurdling down safely to the coordinates below, though some veered wildly of course. Acting Captain Mihari Jirae stayed aboard the main ship hoping to guide it away from a cataclysmic crash - and not alone. Captain Wainwright's daughter, Virginia stayed right there with her to help. The bots attached to the ships hull had thrown off calculations - the Debris did not bounce off the atmosphere as Mihari hoped, but thanks to quick thinking and the right trajectory the ship broke apart into smaller chunks, crash landing spread all across the planet in a way that actually managed to save the lives of leftover crew still onboard.


    3 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    THE SURVIVING COLONY IS NOW ON AN UNKNOWN PLANET! WHAT WILL THEY FIND? WHO SENT THEM THE MORSE CODE MESSAGES? TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO... THE KEEPERS.
 
Last edited: