1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
thekeepers.jpg

THE KEEPERS
OCTOBER 8TH @ 6PM Central Time​

The S.T.A.R.S. (Survival Transfer And Relocation Station) Project Colonizer ship has set out from Earth to find a new habitable planet. Because space travel has yet to be perfected by humans, it still takes hundreds of years before reaching new systems and galaxies. The majority of the occupants on board must be kept in a cryogenic sleep, only to be awakened when they reach a new world. These colonists are cared for by a small team of people that live out their lives simply for the sake of keeping the colonizer ship functional. Occasionally new people are awakened from the cryo-chambers to take over.

It’s been centuries since the colonizer has left Earth and it’s coming into the territory of inhabited space. A planet with the perfect conditions for human life is drawing closer. Yet, something is going wrong. An unknown lifeform has gotten onto the ship and the Keepers must stay alive to ensure the future of the human race.

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are one of the current generation of Keeper crew that keeps this ship running and all the people asleep in cryo safe and sound.

WHEN: OCTOBER 8TH - THURSDAY @ 6PM CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 9PM.

WHERE: Join us in the KEEPERS chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

I'd love to revisit my role as Tony, the selfish Cryogenic Scientist but lol -spoilers- he died in the last one. 8D
I'll have to play someone else... 🤔

This is a reboot so, why not revisit old charries? 8D

Nito Baklan, age (a lot, we suppose)

Look: An elderly man in a white three piece suit. Carries a briefcase that holds... something. I ain't telling.

Extremely rich for questionable reasons. Worked for [REDACTED].

"I'm rich, kindly back off or leave the ship."

A reminder this charp is TOMORROW!

Charp is this evening! 8D If you pop into the main chat a few minutes before six, it is always good!

1602196818093.png

Name: Mihari Jirae
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Engineer, Technoshaman
Bio: During the early era of Solar System travel, the crews of cycleships on long-haul Hohmann transfer orbits to the planets and Asteroid Belt adapted to permanent shipboard life as they brought crews and supplies to far-flung bases. They developed their own culture and customs, and came to call themselves the Cotu (Children of the Universe) Tribe. When humanity began launching interstellar voyages, the Cotu were in high demand as ship designers and Keepers, since they were already fully adapted to life in space.

Mihari's ancestors passed the Cotu ways down to her, and raised her to be a Keeper as they were. She holds her Ship to be sacred, and does all in her power to care for Her needs.

Personality: Mihari carries an air of mystery about her. For her, science, technology, magic, and spirituality are all intertwined, centered on her Ship, which she reveres as a living being.

LOGS

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE KEEPERS CHAT ROLEPLAY!
  • Diana:
    This is a full on sci-fi- setting. You're playing one of the crew that is keeping an eye on an entire colony of cryofrozen people as your ship travels through space. Something is about to go terribly wrong.
    Today at 5:51 PM
  • Diana:
    My charps are always easy breezy and NEWBIE FRIENDLY! If you need any help or suggestions I am in the main chat to give directions.
    Today at 5:51 PM
  • Diana:
    Make sure you type your character's name in the first sentence of every post. This helps us know is who. You can also use color bbcode to help differentiate your character from others.
    Today at 5:52 PM
  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST. Keep posts to 10 sentences or shorter. If you take too long you might miss action. If you write too much other people have a hard time reading your posts fast enough!
  • Diana:
    Keep an eye on the posts done in this bright bold yellow, because those are the game master posts and contain details you might not want to miss
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 5:54 PM
  • Diana:
    The colony ship is quiet. But then, it's always quiet. The latest Keeper crew is on their second week of duty. The usual rounds were completed and now all there is left to do is make sure everything stays running smoothly until the next crew's five year shift. Right about now everyone should be wrapping up their duties for the day and heading to the cafeteria for a nice freeze dried meal.
    Today at 6:55 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Unlike some of the others, Warwick hadn't awakened from cryo for a shift, but had been on 'active duty' since the start. Granted, he'd not aged at all over that time, but he figured nobody would notice... at least, he hoped. Besides, letting others sleep should be fine?
    Today at 6:56 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Regardless, he eagerly went to the kitchen for another too-small meal.
    Today at 6:57 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito woke up in a cold sweat, which is interesting considering his cryo-predicament. Were the others awake - was he awake? Or was this one of countless frozen dreams, haunting his death-like state. Oh.. nope, it was definitely waking life. He could feel the gooey post-thawing solution still clinging to his toes as he began to reclaim control of his appendages.
    Today at 7:00 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick paused on the way past some tubes, then stopped and backtracked a few steps. His eyes turned towards Nito as he tilted his head.
    Today at 7:01 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Briefly considering going back to sleep, he mustered enough mojo to get up and out, incredibly hungry. Looking around, he spotted some fellow out and about.
    Today at 7:02 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Oi - what year is it? Better yet, where can I get myself a sandwich?"
    Today at 7:02 PM
  • Diana:
    Gasp! One thing is going wrong already. According to the schedule charts, Nita is not one of this shift's chosen Keepers. He should not be awakening! Is this a malfunction?
    Today at 7:03 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Aren't you... a few years early for your shift?" Warwick asked. He was tall and muscular, and looked exhausted. "It's... this way, but the sandwiches are all freeze-dried."
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari glided quietly into the galley, gently caressing the bulkhead of the entryway as she entered. For the others, the Debris was a thing of metal and machinery, but for her, She was the Source and Protector of life. She did not even mind that long ago some wag had named Her "debris"--for in the vastness of the Void, all things, even the planets and stars, were but small bits of debris.
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Eh? We ain't done the trip yet? My heads a little fuzzy, and my suit needs desperate dry-cleaning."
    Today at 7:04 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Uh... no... your shift isn't... um..." He shook his head. "You aren't... supposed to wake up for another five years for your shift...? Maybe you should... just..." He started to lightly push Nita towards the cryo chamber, then looked up at Mihari. "Uh, hey...! He's... awake?" he complained, hoping for some help.
    Today at 7:06 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Before Mihari could see about nourishment, a notification popped up on her contact lens-screens: one of the crew had been awakened from cryosleep? That was not supposed to happen. She brought up his location and hurried that way as she checked his records. "Are you alright? How do you feel?"
    Today at 7:08 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Good as the queen's flagship, just dandy thank you very much. I considered going back to sleep but -", Nito fumbled around his pockets, "Oh now where would I find my possessions?"
    Today at 7:09 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah slid back from the sets of panels overseeing the ship's engine and capacitor systems, noting that everything seemed normal enough. "Lunch time," she quipped to herself, about to head to the cafeteria when she too received a notice on the HUD built into her glasses. Maybe a cryochamber malfunction? She supposed her freeze-dried goodness could wait, and made her way towards the unintended Keeper's location.
    Today at 7:10 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "They're... usually in the locker by your chamber," Warwick said, then looked helplessly towards Mihari. "Should I... put him back in?" he asked, not quite used to the language even after so long as a Keeper.
    Today at 7:11 PM
  • Diana:
    Speaking of The Schedule there were many strange particles showing up on data screens. Probably just something small for the technical mechanic to look at.
    Today at 7:12 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    As she spoke, Mihari gestured to conjure the status of the ship's cryo-suspension system and invoke its AI monitor, then curled the fingers of her right hand into a mudra that told it to run a diagnostic. "Your possessions? Yes, as he said," she said distantly, now trying to assess the strange particle readings. "No...he should not go back into cryosleep until we find out why he was awakened. There could be an injury to his chamber."
    Today at 7:14 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito Baklan, being himself, thought quickly about the next move. They would be upon him at any moment, trying to shut down his agency - silence his will! Not today, scoundrels. "That's right, I will stay awake, that's what I decided. Now if you'll excuse me, I have pressing matters to attend to."
    Today at 7:15 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    He went and pulled a white briefcase out of his locker, the code springing from memory. Then, he turned towards where he assumed the kitchen to be.
    Today at 7:16 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick stopped trying to push Nito back in as Mihari, then blinked as Nito got to his business. The large man rubbed the back of his head, then sighed. "Well... um... I guess... Kitchen is this way," he instructed before he went in the direction opposite where Nito was headed.
    Today at 7:18 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah dismissed the notifications about the particles, making a mental note to attend to them later. Checking the cryochambers seemed a far more pressing matter, since if one had malfunctioned then potentially the others could as well, and it wouldn't serve humanity much good to finally arrive at a new planet with no living humans remaining. Arriving in one of the ship's many cryochamber rooms, she headed to the affected cryopod to see if she could run a diagnostic. "Woke up a bit early, huh?"
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari's hands gestured and swept, consulting the status of the Debris' Bussard shields. Even though it would take many years to cross the gulfs of space, the vessel was hurtling along at thousands of kilometers per second. Impact with even a small object at such relative velocity would hit like a bomb. Then she consulted the sensors to learn what she could of the strange particles.
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari turned and followed Warwick back to the galley. The images on her contact lens-screens were translucent, appearing (to her) to hover in front of her, but they didn't impede her ability to walk the halls. Besides, she knew the Ship as well as her own skin.
    Today at 7:20 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Oh. I knew that.", claimed Nito dubiously, turning to the correct kitchen-direction and following the first two people he met upon his rude awakening.
    Today at 7:21 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick had never been good at that tech stuff. He was good at fighting, working out, eating, and living a stupid long time. The only reason he was on this boat was because nobody back where they'd come from had any idea what to do with him because of that... and the broad-daylight murder of a woman who had apparently died 36 hours prior to him stabbing her neck. For now, he just wanted a meal, and didn't know how to deal with the hundreds of notifications on his eye-thing. It was currently at 999 and hadn't gone up in a few years...
  • Diana:
    FWOOOMfwoooouuum. As if something in the tech could hear Farrah's thoughts, the lighting dimmed and flickered before coming back online again with a hum. There was definitely something going wrong with the ship's system.
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick stopped mid-step and closed his eyes to listen as he smelled the air. "What was that?"
    Today at 7:22 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Barbecue!", Nito shouted
    Today at 7:22 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari sucked in a gasp of breath. So far the AI monitor seemed to be running slowly, or having difficulty providing any useful information on the nature of the particles, and now this. "I...do not know yet," she said, making a sweep-gesture to bring the schematic of the life-support systems into her vision.
    Today at 7:25 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Any... location?" Warwick asked as he looked back towards Mihari with his one good eye, the other hidden by an eyepatch with a glowing purple rectangle.
    Today at 7:26 PM
  • Dawn:
    Somewhere in cryo control, an alarm was going off. Several of the chambers had lost power and the occupants were thawing out. Noah's eyes opened slowly, his arms feeling like cooked noodles as he struggled to lift them and wipe the cryo gel from his vision. The tank pressurized and the lock on the glass dome clicked open...but the hatch didn't move. Groaning, he leaned forward a little, palms meeting with the glass. It wouldn't budge. His breath fogged up on the surface and he gave a weak thump with a fist, already knowing it was no use. "Hello?" His voice was muffled by the glass, his thumps against it pitiful. What was going on? Shouldn't there be someone here to meet him? Why were the lights flickering?
    Today at 7:28 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eye-tracking to the Keeper roster, Mihari noticed that the Second Shift engineer, Farah, was also awake, and at Nito's cryochamber, probably running a manual diagnostic. She eye-tracked to activate the commlink to her. "Farrah, have you been able to find anything yet? I have not," she spoke into the air, trusting that the comms would convey her voice to the other engineer.
    Today at 7:29 PM
  • Diana:
    Nito is the first to reach the small employee cafeteria, where he finds a simple very clean room. There is no barbecue or fun food options. Only well store freeze dried food alternatives, where you pour water in the sack and it cooks itself. Keepers of the past all ate the tasty meatloaf ones first, and now there is an unfortunate amount of salisbury steak.
    Today at 7:29 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick, if nothing else, had excellent hearing. He spun on his heel and headed directly to Noah's chamber. He stared down at it, brow furrowed, then knelt and pried the thing open. "You ok?" he asked, then tapped his comm, since it seemed like a thing to do. "Hey, uh, we got another one, in the next row over? The glass was stuck."
    Today at 7:32 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah paused with multitool in hand the lights flickered. More things malfunctioning? Now she had a dilemma on her hands; if there was some sort of systems problem with the ship, that was just as important a priority as the cryochamber issue. "Nothing yet Mihari," she responded on comms. "I've just barely gotten here. Can one of you check what's going on with the lights? I'm still--!" The thump from Noah's cryopod caused her to gasp with a start, eyes wide, watching as Warwick went to help the poor man. "Uh... this cryo problem might be bigger than we thought, here." She'd initially thought it was a problem with the individual cryochamber... but if it was happening to more than one, maybe it was a systems issue.
    Today at 7:34 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito groaned with distaste, "Salisbury.... steak". He nevertheless pulled a package out of the freezer, unwrapped it, and placed it in the water cooker mechanism. The ticking timer began to tick as it timed the steak.
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari heard a warning tone in her cochlear implant, and her lenses showed the cryochamber room, highlighting one of the chambers. Another person had been awakened prematurely. Before she could ask Farrah to check it, Warwick ran to it instead, opening it manually. Lunch would just have to wait. Still checking for updates on any of her other queries, she follwed Warwick to the scene.
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Tick, tick, tick, went the cooking timer
    Today at 7:38 PM
  • Diana:
    KRRSSSSSHK. All the coms for all the Keepers buzzed to life, and they didn't sound good. The voice on the other end was a very annoyed gentleman. "What the fuck is going on down there? I've got tech going dumbshit all over the ship, and now the monitors are saying cryopods are opening in multiple wings." That was the voice of the Captain. A man who was now quite the elderly old man and had been running this ship for many many years.
    Today at 7:38 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Debris' spirit is not answering me yet," Mihari answered. "We have encountered a particle field of unknown type, but She has not replied to any of my queries. If the particles are binding to our Bussard shields, it is possible there could be induction surges being transmitted into the ship."
    Today at 7:40 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "But that is only an untested hypothesis."
    Today at 7:41 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Regardless, Farrah did her due diligence running a diagnostic on the cryo pod itself, not seeing anything out of the ordinary there. She pulled up the activity log as the Captain's voice crackled over her comm. "Sorry sir, I'm working on it but this cryopod looks like it should be functioning fine." Her brown eyes blinked a few times as she reached the end of the activity log. "Uhh... this says a manual override for the pod was performed by SYSTEM. The hell?"
    Today at 7:42 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    The timer dinged. Nito Baklan pulled the bag of cooked meat out from the cooker and poked the edge out from the bag. He took a bite, chewed, and swallowed gratefully. Hunger does that sometimes. He also finally noticed the PA system and the air of panic. "Eh, we got trouble?"
    Today at 7:42 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Did you just...?" Noah gasped, struggling into a sitting position and gazing up at Warwick. That lid had to be well over three...hundred... He lost a few seconds to a black out before coming back and blinking around confused. "I don't feel so good... Why wasn't I woken up properly? Why am I even awake? Have we arrived at my planet?" He stood now, on wobbly legs, holding a hand to his forehead as a searing headache formed. He could hear the others talking about malfunctions and manual overrides and he was trying not to panic.
    Today at 7:43 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Another squelching bite of water cooked Salisbury Steak could be heard from across the hall
    Today at 7:46 PM
  • Diana:
    "See if you can round up all the loose popsicle. There's a couple more over on wing six and I can't get any of the staff out there to answer me." said the Captain over the coms.
    Today at 7:47 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick steadied Noah, eye locked on him. "I don't know. Shit is... hitting the fan, is the phrase?" He looked around, then shook his head and tapped his comm. "I'll head to wing six. If nobody's answering there, there's trouble too big for uh... weak people?" He led Noah towards Farrah.
    Today at 7:50 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "That...should not be possible," Mihari said. By definition, a manual override was performed by a person operating external controls. She made the Mudra of Invocation. The Ship still had not answered any of her queries, and that was rather more disturbing to her than the premature crew awakenings by themselves. Still, the Captain had spoken. She brought up the cryo area room maps, and started heading toward the nearest one with opened pods.
    Today at 7:50 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Mihari, you deal with this guy," Warwick said as he came to her first. "I'll head to wing six. If it's dangerous, I'd... rather the smart people be... safe." Words were hard when he was stressed.
    Today at 7:53 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari saw the man's name appear over his head in her screens. "Noah, I am Mihari Jirae, one of the Keepers. Are you alright?" She was not a medic, but she conjured an emergency medical app with a gesture, her screens bringing up his vitals and bodily heat signature as she looked Noah over.
    Today at 7:56 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito used a handkerchief from the pocket of his white suit to wipe his mouth. "That was terrible steak, in fact, I don't think I've ever had a worse steak. Who is the chef, I'd like to make a complaint."
    Today at 7:57 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    "I know it shouldn't be possible, that's why it's weird. Who the shit would manually override a cryopod to wake someone up ahead of schedule? And why would it just display performed by System instead of by a Keeper?" Farrah gathered her things, seeing that Noah seemed to have been dealt with and Warwick was going to round up the others. "I'll go check on the cryo controls and try to find out who executed the manual override."
    Today at 7:57 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Good. Mihari had the new guy handled. With that, Warwick hurried towards wing six, drawing a silver dagger from a pocket that didn't seem to have space for it.
    Today at 7:58 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Yeah, you got it right," Noah chuckled, a big soft smile for his rescuer. With Warwick's help, he made his way through the deck and left in the care of someone else. "Be careful," he called after the guy, watching his back for a moment before he turned to smile at the person he'd been led to. "Mihari was it?" He held out his hand, which was still covered in cryo goop, glanced down and realized it and flushed hotly, dropping his hand back to his side. "Uh, yes. Noah Hatton. I'm okay for the most part. Bit of a headache and a whole lot of confusion about this entire thing."
    Today at 7:58 PM
  • Diana:
    WING SIX was just like Warwick's usual wing. Same setup, same everything, really. It was supposed to have it's own small crew of employees. But when Warwick got there... silence. Emptiness. All of the crypods were wide open and not a single member of the Keeper crew was in sight. Something was... dripping out of one of pods.
    Today at 7:59 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick slowed as he approached, then tapped his comm. "Everyone stay together... It... um... It's really weird. The pods are all empty and nobody... there's nobody. Stay... um... stay somewhere defensible..." It was his upbringing that had him warning the others, even as he slowly approached the dripping pod, nose testing the air.
    Today at 8:01 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari nodded acknowledgement of his greeting with a subtle smile, the beads of her small, tight braids rattling softly. "I would say it is a pleasure to meet you, but it should have been my great-great granddaughter in my place. Would you come with me to the next cryopod? I think it would be best if we remained together. Once we have gathered the others who have awakened prematurely, we should go to Sickbay.
    Today at 8:04 PM
  • Diana:
    Once Farrah reached some of the cyro controls, she founds nothing unusual. ...except there was something slimey dripping off all of the wires.
    Today at 8:05 PM
  • Dawn:
    The granddaughter part had Noah letting out a breathy laugh, and he realized that he'd been extremely tense since awakening. It felt good to let that go for a moment though, even if things were kind of going sideways at the moment. "Yes of course. My legs are starting to feel much more steady. I'm not very useful, but I'll try my best."
    Today at 8:07 PM
  • Diana:
    In the cafeteria something drip, drip, dripped off the ceiling onto Nito's shoulder.
    Today at 8:07 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito was having none of this "worrisome" state of affairs. He refused to be ruffled by some "premature awakening". Drip, drip. "Oh, what's this?"
    Today at 8:09 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    The sudden change in Warwick's tone was noticeable, and put a chill in Farrah's veins. That was unlike him. She didn't typically announce her location to the other Keepers but something compelled her to do so this time. "Alright, I'm in the control room for the cryo systems now. I'll check and see if... wha--" her voice cut off as she noticed some thick goopy substance all over the wires. "Guys, I think there might be some kind of... I dunno, fluid leak? There's some kind of slime all over the wires in here."
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "'Defensible?'" Mihari replied to Warwick over the comm. "You have reason to suspect malice?"
  • A Life of Cinn:
    A gasp. "My suit! Who dares!"
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick frowned. "Get back to the others, Farrah. There's slime here, too. Consider all unknown fluid suspicious and signs of something... not nice."
    Today at 8:10 PM
  • Diana:
    When Nito glanced upwards to the ceiling he found himself looking at a face. A human face, for sure, but it was so twisted and warped and... how were they hanging from all fours on the ceiling?!
    Today at 8:11 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    He jumped back and slammed his briefcase to the ground. "Back off, you freak. Hey! Someone get in here!" He shouted, kicking the latches open with his unlocking-loafers.
    Today at 8:13 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Please come with me," Mihari said to Noah, then started to head for the cryo control room. There should not be any 'fluid' leaking onto the power and data cables; the Ship had been designed to keep hydraulic and coolant fluids away from electronic systems for that very reason. Electricity, and said fluids did not play well together.
    Today at 8:13 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "OI, CREW WHERE THE GOD DAMNED HELL ARE THOSE IDIOTS", Nito screamed into the hall, kicking the now unlocked briefcase away from the freaky slime thing on the ceiling and backing towards the sink.
    Today at 8:15 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I repeat, everyone should... should avoid any unknown fluid? Do not... be like bad horror movies..." Warwick repeated as he sniffed the fluid he'd found, eyes roaming up and then around.
    Today at 8:15 PM
  • Diana:
    "SCREEEEEEEOOOCH EEEEK EEEK EEEEK,"When the thing on the ceiling opened it's mouth at Nito, the sound that came out could only be likened to that hideous internet dialup tone of the 1990s. It creeped across the ceiling in Nito's direction, leaving a trail of goopy slime in it's wake.
    Today at 8:16 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah cursed under her breath as Nito shouted from the cafeteria. "Heading back to the cafeteria now!" She called. Her multitool didn't have much in the way of weaponry, although she supposed a laser drill could be used as a sort of defensive option, keeping it tightly in her grasp as she sprinted back to Nito's location. Farrah burst in through the doors, eyes widening at the sight of the creature. "What the fuck is THAT!?"
    Today at 8:17 PM
  • Diana:
    Meanwhile as Warwick turned about Wing 6 he suddenly came face to face with one of this shift's Keeper crew. Something about him looked... off. There was a streak of slime down his chest and the way he tilted his head was just a little bit too awkward.
    Today at 8:17 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick didn't hesitate. He slammed his foot into the Keeper's torso and kicked with enough power to shatter bone and punch through steel. Eyes wide, he accessed the comms again. "Made contact with a Wing Six Keeper. Reanimated corpse. Assumed aggressive...! Slime is... bad!"
    Today at 8:19 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Crossing the doorway's threshold, he kicked the handle of the briefcase and caught it with both hands. He pulled it open, and grabbed the first thing he could touch, which happened to be a collapsible umbrella. "Thwump", went the umbrella as it opened. "Slime monster! I'll hold it off, shoot the bastard!"
    Today at 8:19 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Hearing the shouting, Mihari changed direction, turning back toward the galley, touching Noah on the shoulder and gesturing for him to follow. Catching sight of the creature, she drew her Omnitool from her belt, toggling the controls to shift its nans to form a screwdriver.
    Today at 8:20 PM
  • Diana:
    Off the ceiling the twisted lady covered in slime leapt until she landed on Farrah. Arms went flailing everywhere and the screen was ear piercing. Meanwhile, Warwick's surprise kicked had knocked the Creeper Keeper far and wide, giving him plenty of chance to book it.
    Today at 8:24 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick took that chance. The reanimated dead were hard to keep down, and he left the wing, then locked it. "Captain! Torch Wing Six! There are no... survivors!" With that, he smashed the door control to prevent it being opened without repairs. He hoped Six was where the worst of it was...
    Today at 8:26 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah frantically fumbled with her multitool, cranking up the power on the laser drill to max and hoping the beam would be enough. She was about to position herself to fire at it when it leapt at her, knocking her to the ground and causing her multitool to tumble out of her hands. She screamed, her arms and legs doing their best to push the thing off of her.
    Today at 8:26 PM
  • Diana:
    "What the fuck are you talking about, kid! We can't torch a whole wing!" exclaimed the Captain. "The hell is going on down there?!"
    Today at 8:27 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    I am not a warrior! Mihari thought. Partially shielding herself behind the umbrella, she thrust at the creature's eye socket with her screwdriver.
    Today at 8:27 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Mother of Her Majesty The Queen!", swore Nito, grabbing a different item from his briefcase on the floor. This time he had time to look for something good. He found a folding heat ray and pulled it out to hand to Mihari. "Use this instead, the heat dissipates after a meter, so don't worry about collateral!"
    Today at 8:29 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Captain," Mihari said, we seem to have a nanotech or biological infestation that is taking over bodies of Keepers and crew! Please bring the Ship to full Security Alert and seal the Bridge. To not make contact with any unknown fluids"
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick growled. "If you have any cameras anywhere, use them! Wing six is dead, and whatever it is, there are traces in cryo control and possibly wing one's cafeteria, so torch it and any place with no Keeper response, or there won't be any humans left on... on this boat!"
  • Diana:
    "None of the security cameras are working and if there's something going down, I can't abandon control," explain the Captain. His next statement of orders though came out so garbled no one could understand them. Then the comlinks went dead. Everyone's comlinks.
    Today at 8:31 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Somewhat surprised that Nito would have a weapon, yet not prefer to use it himself, Mihari took the maser and fired it at the creature.
    Today at 8:32 PM
  • Dawn:
    Noah struggled to keep pace with Mihari, and it wasn't too long before he lagged so far behind that when he came to the next intersecting of corridors, he... He couldn't find her. Sweat beaded on Noah's brow, his gaze sweeping up and down the long, empty halls. Which way? He had no clue! He wasn't a fighter, nor particularly scientific of the mind. He had been chosen for this colonizing mission for one reason alone and that wasn't going to help him right now. He didn't know what to do, and he found himself leaning against a wall, hyperventilating.
    Today at 8:33 PM
  • Diana:
    Mihari's eye stabbing followed by a laser zapping worked so well the woman's body FWOOMED into flames. Too many flails! She was now running wild and on fire and liable to catch anything flammable on fire with her!
    Today at 8:33 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick cursed in his native tongue, which sounded alien in and of itself as he ran through. He used... something that threw a brief and hot fire any time he encountered strange fluid on the way back to the others, sucking the fire back in before it could do much more than blacken the ship's surfaces or make some plastic bubble a little. When he arrived at the cafeteria, he shot fire out and then sucked all of the fire on the woman into the strange stick he held, eyes wide and panting for the first time they'd ever seen—when was Warwick EVER out of breath?
    Today at 8:35 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Damnit, those creatures are very flammable - are you okay there?", Nito asked Farrah, before realizing the danger posed by a flailing slime thing. "Sprinklers? Anyone?? DO WE HAVE A SPRINKLER SYSTEM?"
    Today at 8:36 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Aaah!" Mihari screamed. Fire on a Ship was one of the worst possible disasters. "Go to Engineering!" she said to the others as she lifted the plastic cover from the Galley's emergency fire-suppression system and pulled down the lever. Fire suppressant sprayed from the sprinkler system.
    Today at 8:36 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Oi, you, with my heat ray, what do I call you, better yet, can I have it back?"
    Today at 8:37 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Are all of you alright?" Warwick asked as he looked over the others present, uncaring that he was getting hit by the sprinklers. "Nobody... gooped?"
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah clambered back to her feet and retrieved her multitool, breaths coming hard and fast. She grabbed a wrench from her tool belt, tossed it a few times to try to get a feel for the weight, before attempting to fling it at the (now doused) slime lady.
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Please, we have to get to Engineering!" Mihari said, trying to hurry the others out of the galley. Then she hit the button to seal the galley bulkhead behind them as they fled.
    Today at 8:39 PM
  • Diana:
    As it stood, two people were in direct contact with goop. Nito and Farrah. With coms down, the fire suppressants now making everything look damp and thus hiding anything that mighty be goopy... things were looking not good. Can they make it to engineering in one piece?
    Today at 8:39 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick made sure to be the last out, and looked everyone over. "We... assume we are the only survivors," he said, "Best thing to do is... get out distress signal. Warning. Use escape pods and hope no slime... Get ship to steer into... nearest star to... prevent anyone else getting this."
    Today at 8:41 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Distress signal?" Mihari said. "There is no one to answer us in light-years. It would take them centuries to reach us! There are tanks of self-repair nans in Engineering. This seems to be a nanoinfestation, or perhaps something biological, like a slime mold. If I can program the repair nans to attack and destroy the infestation, we may be able to save the Ship.
    Today at 8:43 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick blinked at Mihari, then reddened. "Forgot... that you're a genius," he muttered, "We... try that."
    Today at 8:44 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Fleeing with Mihari and Farrah, Nito could still taste the disgusting Salisbury Steak between his teeth. Now certainly more energized, after partaking in his first combat post-thawing. He hooked the collapsible umbrella on his belt, and pulled two halves of a gun from the white case. "I wasn't certain if this kind of thing would still be of use, but I'm here to be of service. Top espionage agent of Her Majesty the Queen, at your service."
    Today at 8:47 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah was scooping the goop off of her clothes in handfuls. "Engineering?? We need fucking weapons. What the hell is there for us in Engineering? Captain?" She called over comms. In the chaos of the moment earlier, Farrah hadn't even noticed that the Captain's comms had cut out. "Captain, is there any place on the ship we can get weapons to defend ourselves? My multitool has a laser drill but it doesn't have that much range."
    Today at 8:48 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Comms dead," Warwick said. "I can... do fighting. Smart people... smart people worry about fixing it, and... weird spy and me will fight..." He nodded firmly.
    Edited
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    As they headed for Engineering, Mihari checked through all of her queries and diagnostiscs. None of them were working. If this entity is intelligent, perhaps it can be communicated with. It may not even know what we are, she thought. Gesturing to open a shipwide communications screen, she used finger gestures to tap out the first few numbers of the Fibonacci Sequence as pulses.
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Weapons would be in Security, but if none of us is a Security officer, we may not be able to access the armory. Unless you can bypass a secured lock?" Mihari said to Nito.
    Today at 8:51 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito heard Farrah demand weapons. "I don't know if it will work, but... "pen that is actually poison? Oh, and lockpicking tool-wha", and immediately fainted of thaw-exhaustion
    Today at 8:52 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Where's the other one?" Warwick asked as he looked over the group.
    Today at 8:53 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    "I'll laser drill through the damn door to Security if we need to. Fuck the protocols, we need to focus on survival first. Everything else is secondary."
  • Diana:
    Perhaps Mihari was a genius after all. Because as she tried to communicate weird particles appeared on her screen. It seemed to cycle through a bunch of different symbols and languages before something readable finally appeared. We are here. We are death.
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick absently picked up Nito and hefted him over his shoulder. "Where's the other... waker?" he asked again.
    Today at 8:54 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari brought up a keypad and typed out a reply. Why are you attacking us?
    Today at 8:54 PM
  • Diana:
    We have been so cold for so long. We can not take it any more.
    Today at 8:55 PM
  • Dawn:
    Just breathe. You've got this. You can find Mihari, or hell, maybe someone will pass by and you can tag along with them! Noah pushed to his feet, trying to wipe goo from his face with a forearm covered in, well, goo. "I need a shower and some tea," he sniffled. Then he squared his shoulders and took a deep breath and he chose a corridor and started walking. "Hello? Mihari?" What was the big guy's name? "Big guy who rescued me? Anyone?"
    Today at 8:57 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    "I don't know, dead, I think? I threw a wrench at it." Although it wasn't until Warwick asked that Farrah realized they'd never actually checked to see if the slime lady had died from being set on fire... or if her wrench had even hit.
    Today at 8:57 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    A voice? Warwick went still and listened. "We need to make a detour. I hear him!" He touched Farrah and Mihari each in turn on the shoulder and pointed. "We need to stay together."
    Today at 8:58 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I'm in communication with the Entities," Mihari said in a whisper, then resumed typing: You do not have to attack us. We can share the warmth of this Ship.
    Today at 8:58 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Bad idea," Warwick muttered to her.
    Today at 8:59 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "This is Humanity's first contact with alien life," she whispered back. "We must at least try to make peace. They may not have understood that we are sapient beings when this started. Their nature is very different from ours."
    58 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    The ship is death. We are so tired of being on this ship.
    58 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    I do not understand. How long have you been on this ship? Where are you from? Mihari had a hypothesis, but it chilled her to the bone.
    56 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "No it isn't," he grumbled under his breath, then shook his head and hefted her over his shoulder. "Do whatever. We need to get the other one." He nudged Farrah and jerked his head toward where he'd heard Noah.
    56 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    We are you. With that chilling statement with a loud hum all of the ships lights went out and the emergency floor lights kicked on.
    55 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "What did you say to it?" Warwick hissed under his breath.
    54 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah nodded. “That’s fine. Let’s make sure everyone is accounted for. I’ll go with you, Warwick. Mihari keep us in the loop on what they say, yeah?”
    53 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    "Hello? Anyone? Please..." His steps slowed, and Noah wrapped his arms around himself. He was passing more hallways that branched off into other parts of the ship and a few of them felt just so ominous that he ended up stepping quietly, carefully, inching down his path with his head on a swivel. Goosebumps raised on his skin. He felt like he was being watched... And then the lights quit and Noah slapped both hands over his mouth to stifle a scream, sinking down against the wall. Wide and wild eyes swept up and down the space.
    52 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick led the way, following the faint sounds and frightened scent of Noah until he (with his twin loads) came closer. "Noah," he said, "Over here."
    51 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I asked them how long they have been on the ship, and where they are from. They said 'We are you.' I'm afraid...they might be the Ship's self-repair system. We still need to get to Engineering. There is a thing we can do."
    50 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Noah was clearly in terror at something... Farrah wasn’t sure she wanted to find out what. But she’d resolved to accompany Warwick regardless. “Noah!” She hissed, from relative safety. “Come on, we gotta get back to the others!”
    49 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Then Mihari started typing again. What do you want?
    48 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    The sound of a voice startled him further and for a moment Noah became a ball. He just curled up, his arms folded over himself, head between his knees. When nothing murdered him, the young man slowly peeked over at the source of the sound and saw-- "Big Guy!" There was a surge of relief through him and he quickly scrambled toward the group, standing maybe a little too close to Warwick as he checked over his shoulder. "I feel like I'm being watched. And the lights... What's going on?"
    46 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Something stumbled out into the hall in front of the gang and blocked their way to engineering. It was another one of the unfrozen, aged and tired, covered in that slime and his eyes wild. "We want to die. We all want to finally get off this godforsaken ship and die. Don't you see? THIS is getting us nowhere!" At the this he half out his hand and finally it clicked, the slime was nothing more than the cryostuff always injected into the pods. "Always connected and never alive never dead! Just existing in hell!"
    44 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Just... Put yourselves out the airlock," Warwick suggested, "Leave us out of it..." He shifted in front of Noah and Farrah, protective.
    43 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari breathed a sigh of relief. Her Ship had not turned against her after all. But the cryofluid, yes, it made sense now. That too was made of nanomachines, meant to maintain human bodies instead of ship's systems, repairing damage to cells and keeping the body in stasis. But that meant they were interlaced with the Sleepers' neurons...the consciousness was not supposed to be active, but perhaps the designers had made a terrible mistake.
    40 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito's eyes bolted open. "Oh dear, bad timing?"
    40 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah’s grip tightened around her multitool, eyeing the unfrozen with caution. “The- the ship’s estimates say it won’t be much longer before we can make landfall on a habitable planet,” she attempted to reassure it. “We’re... we’re all restless, but the fate of human life depends on us getting there.”
    39 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I am sorry," Mihari said. "If you can let us access the Medical computer, I will be able to deactivate you, if that is what you truly desire. Or, now that you are awake, you can let us help you deal with the pain you have suffered."
    38 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "NO!" Shrieked the man in agony! "We're dying, w're all dying! A slow miserable death!" Even as her spoke his features seemed to twist awkwardly until his face was so contorted that the sudden dialup tone coming out of his mouth was a horror show. He bolted towards the lot of them screeching his ear piercing wail and flailing his arms with murder in his eyes.
    37 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick dropped both of the two he was holding and rushed the unfrozen. He slammed his shoulder into the thing with inhuman power and a snarl.
    36 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito flopped to the floor with grace
    35 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "You got my case?", he asked around the group, "You MUST have my case."
    35 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah positioned Noah behind her, hands firmly locked around her multitool and ready to fire it at a moment’s notice. She would not be dropping it again.
    33 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Warwick seemed far more capable of fighting the Unfrozen than Mihari would ever be. "I need to get to the Medical computer in Sickbay if I can't access it remotely," she said, gesturing to open remote access to the Medical computer even as she started heading toward Sickbay.
    33 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Scrambling to his feet, Nito noticed the small umbrella still hooked on his belt. It would have to do. Opening it, he said, "Ultra resistant shield umbrella. Let's get there quickly then, hm?"
    31 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    THUNK! With Warwick's distraction (better known as bodyslamming the unfrozen clear across the hall through a doorway), Mihari was able to slip past. Thankfully the rest of the way to the sickbay did not come with more resistance, but more and more messages were appearing on her screen. Please let us die. Please. Please we beg you. Let us die. Let us all die. We need to die.
    31 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari gave Nito a fleeting smile. What a spy for the Queen of England was doing here, she had no idea. That nation was centuries in their past, and light-years away now. If it still existed on Earth, would his mission even be relevant to whoever lived there now?
    29 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick kept watch over the group as they made their way, herding or even carrying anyone too slow to make it on their own. "Keep going!" He didn't see the messages, since he didn't know how to check his notifications, and they were still locked at a steady 999+ unread messages.
    29 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    By now, Nito and Farrah may be feeling off. But was it the goop or the Salisbury Steak?
    27 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari hurried to the main medical computer and opened its applications screen. Frustrating moments passed as she searched through file after file for the control software for the cryo nans. Ordinarily, she could have asked the Ship, but with the main AI offline, she had to search the unfamiliar computer manually.
    26 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    “There’s no need for all of us to die,” Farrah whispered aloud, tears welling in her brown eyes as the messages flooded her HUD on her glasses as well. She followed Warwick’s lead, trying to wrap her head around the situation. “An entire wing gone off the rails... how many people you think were in there?”
    26 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "OOF!", Nito exclaimed, Salisbury Steak not sitting well in his stomach. "This. Hurts. Ah. I'm going to. Sit down for. A bit."
    26 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick picked up Nito without hesitation. "Not leaving you behind," he grunted.
    25 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "thank you.. Sir."
    24 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    The group was splitting up, and more importantly, a colonizer was attacking them! Noah wasn't a scientist by any means but he still understood the situation. Something had infected them. Something had twisted them. And Noah remembered feeling that way. He remembered that there were times were his mind was just lucid enough to form thoughts. He remembered little snippits of wanting to be free from the cryosleep. And then suddenly Big Guy was ushering them along, catching up to the other two. In the Med Bay, Noah searched around for a first aid kit, wanting to feel useful, but his paranoia kept his gaze jumping back to the door.
    23 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah felt like the room was spinning around her, but she couldn’t tell if it was from the craziness of the situation or.. something else.
    23 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    There! Mihari thought, finding it at last. She turned to the sound from Nito. He looked terrible. He was touched by the cryo nans! They're trying to integrate with his body! With trembling fingers, she typed at the keypad and scrolled through the app's control interface. "Where are you, where are you," she muttered to herself. Somewhere in all the various commands and settings menus, there had to be a shutdown option!
    22 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick, once everyone was in the med bay, blocked off the door, only for his gaze to move around the room. He set Nito down, then began to _sniff_ him. "You..." he murmured, then made his way around to each person and sniffed. He also said "You" to Noah and to Farrah, but not to Mihari. He strode to the shower and turned it on sharply, not caring that he was wetting his sleeve, then returned to Nito and grabbed him again. "Let's see..." He began to fumble at Nito's clothes. "Noah, Nito, Farrah... You have slime on you. Shower it off as much as you can."
    20 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    It was hard to explain what Mihari saw on the computers. It certainly wasn't code that had been originally programmed in. And it was so complex! As if you could map out brain waves and consciousness itself right into the tech! The AI had advanced on it's own so far over the century that it had learned how to bridge people's minds into the system. Somehow everyone needed to be disconnected and pray that their minds weren't detached from their bodies.
    20 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari glanced over at the other Engineer; maybe she could help? To her horror, she saw that the young woman was looking around herself in a daze, swaying dizzily. "Farah, please sit down," she said, then turned back to the computer. "Wha?"
    18 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito floundered on the ground until he reached the cascading water. He looked up at the nozzle and shut his eyes at the spray. This was exquisite, who knew that being cryofrozen to preserve the Queen's legacy would be so unhygienic. This was... pleasant.
    18 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    While Nito was in the shower, Warwick stripped him nude and began to scrub him, probably rougher than was needed.
    17 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mihari typed on the computer's keypad. If you want to die, I will need to have access to the system shutdown menu for the cryo nans. I can do this for you if you let me.
    17 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Oh my!", he exclaimed in surprise, his calm moment invaded by rough manly hands
    16 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah fumbled with her clothes to get them off before stumbling into the shower, too uncomfortable to care much about anyone seeing her in this state of undress. The water wasn’t warm yet, but the pang of cold gave her a sharp jolt to help her regain some semblance of alertness, as she set to work trying to scrub herself clean.
    16 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    If you are also in the main computer, I will need to be able to shut down the entire system, she added.
    16 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Farrah seemed to have herself together enough to clean herself, at least. With Nito taken care of, and Farrah working on it, Warwick turned his attention to Noah. "Need help?"
    15 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Please. Yes. Lets us die. As if will alone, Mihari was granted access to the system.
    15 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    Noah glanced around. Warwick was being serious, wasn't he? Yup. There went James Bond into the shower. "Well I did want to get this gross stuff off of me.." He stripped too and joined Farrah and Nito in the shower.
    15 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick helped Noah scrub as well, and once they all seemed clean (and possibly a little raw from over-scrubbing) he turned off the water and gave them some scrubs he found. "How do you feel?" he asked.
    13 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Yes."
    13 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    “I don’t know,” Farrah groaned. “I can’t tell if I feel better from the cold water or from scrubbing all the shit off myself...”
    10 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick, once they had fresh scrubs, aimed the weird stick from before (it didn't look like anything technological) at their old clothes, and fire balls shot out, burned the old clothes, then shot back _in_ to the rod.
    10 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    "I... I feel like I now know what grated cheese feels like?" Noah whimpered, quickly getting dressed before he caught a cold.
    9 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "As long as you don't feel like you need to die," Warwick grunted.
    9 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Letting out a quick sigh of relief, she brought the menus back up and started hurriedly looking through them. There! Mihari said. "I'm about to shut down the cryo nans. If anybody knows CPR, please be ready to use it," she said, then opened the shutdown menu. [Shut down] [Password access required] "Aaah!" But thankfully, the code was entered from within as if by magic. [Shut down] [You have entered a command to shut down the cryogenic nanosystem. Are you sure you want to continue? Y/N] "Yeees!" she exclaimed, clicking on the 'Y'. [Please turn the deactivation keys at the same time]. "Somebody! That key over there!" she shouted, pointing at a key mounted on the wall as she hurried to its match out of arm's reach of the other. A safety system to prevent one person from deactivating the nans alone. "Turn it when I turn this one!"
    9 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito stole a glance at the others in the shower. "Where are my clothes?"
    9 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Yes! Key!"
    8 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Burned." Warwick went to the key, since the others were occupied, then nodded to Mihari. "I'm ready with the key."
    8 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Farrah wasn’t fully dry yet but she put the scrubs on regardless, arms wrapped around herself in an attempt to self-soothe the feeling of dread she felt inside. “The... goop isn’t infectious, you think, is it?”
    8 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "OK, in three...two...one," Mihari said, turning her key.
    8 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick turned the other.
    7 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito saw scrubs on a bench, laid out, a pastel green. "No. Nonono. I'd rather wear nothing."
    7 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Nudist," Warwick accused.
    6 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Desecrator of my vestements", Nito retorted, putting on some pants as compromise
    6 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Blame the slime," Warwick shot back.
    6 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Fair point. How is it going with the slime, anyhow?"
    5 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    FWOOOOOM. The entire ship went dead. Dead in space. Even the emergency lights and the oxygen. For several long moments it seemed like it was never going to come back on. But slowly the air kicked back in and the lights came back on. The strange artifacts and messages on the tech seemed to be completely gone.
    5 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Warwick looked questioningly towards Mihari.
    5 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "So, uh..." Warwick cleared his throat. "Is... that it?"
    4 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    He sounded nervous.
    4 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "A moment," she said, running a diagnostic on the Ship. "I think so...but I have to wait for the diagnostic.
    4 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "I need a sandwich.", said Nito as he walked bare-chested out of the shower.
    4 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Sandwiches are for people who aren't nudists," Warwick retorted, trying to joke, though his playful expression was strained.
    3 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Despite feeling terrible, Farrah managed to find some humor in the back and forth between Nito and Warwick. She tried to laugh, but found no oxygen as she breathed and panicked for a brief moment before it kicked back in. “Man... all I wanted was some freeze dried instant noodles.”
    3 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Engneer Mihari to Bridge. Captain?"
    2 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Nito gasped, "That isn't even food."
    2 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "We could try long pork sandwiches," Warwick tried again at humor as he let himself fall back onto a bench, dwarfing it with his nearly six-and-a-half-foot frame.
    1 minute ago
  • Dawn:
    Not knowing what was going on, Noah was once again startled by the sudden loss of power. He scooted toward the nearest person and clung to their arm until the power came back on. Nito needed a sandwich. "I need a new heart. I think I've overtaxed this one."
    1 minute ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "The diagnostic...we're going to be alright. We will need to send a mmessage to Earth, to warn them about this, so they don't do this to any more colony ships."
    1 minute ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Is everyone alright?" Mihari asked.
    1 minute ago
  • Diana:
    When diagnostic came back, things looked better than expected. Even the Captain seemed to reply to com summons. Other Keepers across the ship voiced in too. In fact, all the pods on the ship were opening up due to the shut down, which wasn't exactly great but it seemed there was only one wing of people that were unfortunate enough to be actual dead. As everyone scrambled to handle the newly awakened, no one seemed to notice the one single artifact hiding in the system.
    A moment ago
  • Diana:
    THE END... UNTIL NEXT TIME.

That wasa good game and a nice surprise twist! 8D We can all thanks @Zarko Straadi for dropping all the perfect plot bunnies to make it happen!

You're welcome! The game was a blast!

This was fun! Looking forward to the sequel if/when it happens.

mbReqdAm.jpg

Farrah Yuling
Ship Technician and Engineer

I want a sequel! Also if anyone redstar wants to see what happens with Farrah and Warwick after, hmu on discord and I'll give you a server invite to the server we're doin' it in. 8D

• Haha
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Shhhh nothing is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.