1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
frozenfrolic.png

THE FROZEN FROLIC
DECEMBER THURSDAY THE 24TH @ 2PM TO 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

In the quaint little village of Snowdrop Hollow they have beautiful and wholesome traditions. A local favorite is calleed The Frozen Frolic - a day celebrating that moment when the lake has frozen solid enough that the villagers can then go ice skating safely. It's become a whole day-long jubilee, filled with joyous music, fun games, delicious hot drinks and an evening feast.

As you make merry in Snowdrop Hollow, take a moment to enjoy the Dance of the Caribou or join in on Bachelor Chase. (There are a lot of unmarried and eligible bachelors this year!) You might even get a kick out of the storytelling from the Old Geezer.

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: This is a traditional fantasy roleplay! There's magic and creatures and everything you would expect in a fantasy.

WHEN: DECEMBER THURSDAY THE 24TH @ 2PM TO 5PM CENTRAL TIME

WHERE: Join us in the FROZEN FROLIC chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a SOCIAL SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. Most of this roleplay will be socializing, with a splash of a problem and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

THIS CHARP IS TOMORROW!

Well, I'll see if I can join it for an hour or two.

Kaleidoscope.pngName: Kaleidoscope
Gender Identity: Female
Species: Mutyaa Hi

Interacting with Kaleidoscope is an odd yet interesting time. She's right away friendly, cheery and curious, but not in the ways one would expect... There's always something off about her, like every movement has been memorized and is being executed logically rather than genuinely. It's all weirdly mechanical at times and the associations she's made with moods and gestures will often prompt sudden switches in 'mood' that are jarring to the other party. Other times she'll grow more inert and robot-like due to the lack of knowing how to act next, defaulting to her usual distant, artificial demeanor. She gets motherly and protective over people she's befriended though.

Optimistic and naive to a fault, the girl will not only believe practically everything she's told since learning is her priority, but also be the glass-half-full kind of person and always focus on the positive points of whichever has happened. Having her parameter of examples being other 'kids', Kaleidoscope is prone to get stubborn, pouty, even throw a tantrum about things and has very limited knowledge on literally everything. Whenever there's a new concept to learn, it will have her full attention and whenever it's a new gesture, she'll take a moment to mimic it on the spot to make recalling it later much easier on her.

Mutyaa Hi, as they became known in the universe and beyond, are gem-based mimic creatures and their exact origins are unknown. They take on the traits of whichever fauna is near them when they grow 'active' and are only considered 'alive' by the time the process is complete and the form is solidly established. Kaleidoscope herself started as a Chinese water deer, --keeping its ability to hop, run and dodge for long periods of time--, then took a human form after ending up at the edge of 90's London. She's made out entirely of Ametrine, granting her the gradient of yellow and lavender, a glassy, crystal-like texture and mild translucence, as well as letting light sources through her and out in a pretty ray of diffused light. She's even since got acquainted with a group of homeless abandoned kids that took her in, granted her the 'Kaleidoscope' name and are practically her only source of information and examples on how to act like a person.

On top of the hopping prowess, she feels no physical pain, being able to tank hits despite her body shattering in the process; As well as the capability of re-assembly from whichever shattered state, as long as the pieces are accounted for. Missing pieces will leave a gap where they were supposed to go.

Ended up choosing my second polished dream concept this time >3< I'm really happy about seeing this one leave the concept vault!

Last edited:
THIS BEGINS NOW

LOGS

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE FROZEN FROLIC CHARP!
    Today at 2:25 PM
  • Diana:
    This is a generic high fantasy setting with a festive holiday spirit! Play anything you might see in a magical fantasy setting.
    Today at 2:26 PM
  • Diana:
    IMPORTANT! Type FAST. Write BRIEF. Charps are quick-paced. If you take too long to write you might get left behind. If your posts are too long, people can miss important details. Keep posts to to around 10 sentences or less!
  • Diana:
    HOT TIP! Put your character name in the first sentence of each post. You can also use bbcode color to help differentiate your posts from others. It's extra handy if you play multiple characters.
  • Diana:
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the plot and giving you hits on what to do next.
    Edited
  • Diana:
    My Charps are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY AND CHILL! Don't worry about typos or mistakes. If you get confused, I am always in the main chat area to answer questions or give suggestions!
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 2:32 PM
  • Diana:
    It's a beautiful frosty day in Snowdrop Hollow! A light dusting of snow is falling. Families are out on the lake skating over the thick ice. Vendors are hocking delicious sweet meats and spiced drinks from wheeled carts. A couple eligible gentleman are looking real uncomfortable as all the singles ladies in town (and apparently from all the surrounding towns) are roaming in giggling groups. Elders are well on their way to being drunk off honey mead, as children are gather around a big bonfire listening to Old Geezer Harold tell tales of the lake.
    Today at 2:53 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa, a farm girl who'd come with some companions (now departed for other tasks) redirected a child away from the part of the lake where old folks had drilled holes in the ice to fish. "Watch where you're headed, the lake starts here," she chided gently. She was quite good with the children, though during the fall, she'd stared at any crops who grew too fast with mistrust and then stalked around the edges of the fields with a stormy scowl and a broom in her hand.
    Today at 3:11 PM
  • Diana:
    "Okay," said the child who pranced off out of reached only to turn around and blow a raspberry at Soa.
    Today at 3:13 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa simply laughed it off and blew one back. She was barely grown, herself, so had plenty of childishness left in her.
    Today at 3:22 PM
  • Diana:
    "Calling volunteers for the Dance of the Caribou!" called out Ygrid, a young mother, who has unfortunately been victimteered into events directing. In fact that wildling child now gathering up snow into a suspicious looking basket was hers. "I have a dozen heads and no rumps!"
    Today at 3:27 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Ciarnan was being pushed around by one of his many many daughters, in fact the youngest of the group who was twelve, the oldest of them was twenty-four and had married and was now toting a baby and a husband. He still wore widower's black but he'd at least trimmed his silver streaked auburn hair though if he was being truthful it was more auburn streaked -silver- hair. "You have to have a good time, Papa!" The young girl said full of determination. "Maybe you'll meet someone! Wouldn't that be exciting?" She chirped. He ran a hand over his face. "Go do the dance you little devil. I'll watch from the sidelines." All around his auburn haired daughters twirled and caused soft mayhem.
    Today at 3:33 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa hooked an arm in the troublemaking child's arm. "Want to be a caribou butt with me?" she asked, amusement in her voice. Honestly, it sounded fun, and clearly he didn't have much better to do!
    Today at 3:34 PM
  • Diana:
    The Dance of the Caribou was a delightful charming romp around the fire, and wholesome for the whole family. But mostly, it was an excuse to tire out all the children so the of age could focus on the Bachelor Chase. The little boy child grinned up at Soa and yelled out proudly for the whole village to hear. "YEAH! I WANNA BIG A BIG FAT ASSED CARIBOU! YOU CAN BE LEFT CHEEK!"
    Today at 3:37 PM
  • Diana:
    Ygrid heaved a heavy sigh. Yep, that was her child. That is what happens when you marry the first guy you can catch in the Bachelor's Chase. "Well that gives me ONE whole Caribou, so I'm going to have to bribe another few with some sweets I suppose."
    Today at 3:39 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa laughed. "I think only one person fits per costume," she countered, "But we'll be the best butts in the whole dance!" Sure, she was too old for it, but she wasn't really planning on taking part in the Bachelor's Chase, anyway! It wouldn't be right...
    Today at 3:43 PM
  • Diana:
    Just as Ciarnan found somewhere to be out of the way and relax, he caught wind of a conversation between two elder ladies. "There he is, the old horny fox. He's exactly why we don't have enough menfolk, popping out all those little daughters! Heaven forbid he finds another wife, he'll have another dozen!"
    Today at 3:48 PM
  • Diana:
    "This way then, this way!" announced Ygrid as soon as enough greedy hands were satisfied with sweet bribes. She bundled up children and teens and a few goofy adults into their caribou heads and their caribou butts, and then with a shepherd's crook, started poking and prodding her heard safely towards the bonfire. Ygrid was mindful to herd them safely, or the silly dingbats would dance themselves right into the fire!
    Today at 3:51 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa danced along, quite happy as she, on occasion, made a fart noise—it was _supposed_ to be a caribou call, but between her giggling, that was impossible.
    Today at 3:52 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    He considered murder as a delightful option but didn't, he snorted at the two elderly ladies. "I can hear you two old biddies, you know. I'll keep that in mind the next time you need dye." For Ciarnan was not just some old man, he was the resident healer of the town and as such kept everyone healthy but as a hobby he made dyes for fabric and thread. He'd never threaten people over their health but taking away their pretty trinkets? Oh hell yes.
    Today at 3:53 PM
  • Diana:
    Soa was a bad influence, for all the children and one or two of the young teen boys thought farting caribou was hilarious good fun and thus they all started making poot noises.
    Today at 3:54 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa giggled all the more and nearly stumbled in her laughter, thankfully forward rather than towards the fire! What else could be done about it? She'd grown up with brothers! That was just how boys were.
    Today at 3:55 PM
  • Diana:
    A threat against the trinkets was quite effective. Them old biddies gave a scandalized gasp and waddled off to gossip elsewhere. After all, they did need to get their granddaughters ready for the chase.
    Today at 3:55 PM
  • Diana:
    Ygrid gave a world weary sigh. There wasn't much to be done about dancing farting caribou, and if she fussed at them, they'd only do it more! "On this wonderful frolic day, many years ago-" BRRRRRT! Well. No one was really listening to Ygrid's retelling of the delightful events that inspired the Caribou Dance. She just made sure to clonk someone with her crook of hook a leg if anyone wandered too close to the fire or out of position.
    Today at 3:58 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa couldn't keep from more giggles, though she did try to listen to the story, even if it was hard to hear over the farting caribou and her own giggles!
    Today at 4:00 PM
  • Diana:
    "THE CHASE! THE CHASE! PREPARE FOR THE CHANCE!" The grand old Mayor Tuttie wandered around ringing her cow bell. As she wandered she slapped stickers on people she passed. Red stickers were for eligible bachelors of marrying age. Orange stickers were single young men just wanting to participate in the frolic. (Those silly teens thinking it would be good fun.) Blue stickers were stuck one the eligible ladies looking for a good husband, and green stickers on the ambitious young girls hoping to claim a boy early. Most of Ciarnan's daughters got a sticker, but more concerning was Ciarnan himself was slapped with a sticker. Along with Soa and even Ygrid.
    Today at 4:06 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa yelped and looked at the sticker, "Wait...!" she started to take the sticker off.
    Today at 4:08 PM
  • Diana:
    "Tuttie, I'm already married," complained Ygrid with concern. "Sweetheart, he's been dead for as long as that kid's been alive! You got as fair of shot as any!" Ygrid just scowled and grumbled to herself. "Not with Ciarnan's daughters loose."
    Today at 4:09 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I'm married, too!" Nobody had ever seen her husband, though.....
    Today at 4:14 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Ciarnan was not thrilled with the sticker at all. "... Bit old for this." Said the silvery haired man as his younger daughters laughed about the stickers, the elders were all already married with babes or some on the way! They were an incredible fertile family! "Don't worry Ygrid, I don't think any of my youngers are husband hunting right now." He teased the young woman. He couldn't help that his daughters took after their Mother's fair looks and came with nice bride-gifts and were... well. Incredibly hardy and fertile. Good wife material.
    Today at 4:15 PM
  • Diana:
    "Soa, don't you be tellin' tales now! If you don't get a man now, you never gettin' a man! Or hell, chase yourself a lady! Take one of Ciarnan's daughters out of the chase so Ygrid's got a shot!" Tuttie shouted back to Soa. Everyone knew Ciarnan's daughters were just as fox wild as he was.
    Today at 4:16 PM
  • Loveless:
    Kaleidoscope had no idea of where she had ended up, or how, but seeing the forming groups she thought something fun was about to happen and inched closer without even thinking twice. As a result, the hippie-like dressed dual-colored young girl had ended up with a green sticker that matched her blouse, completely ignorant to their meanings or the context of the so-called frolic itself. She didn't even know what 'frolic' meant! It was amusing and interesting to watch everything though, so she didn't mind it too much. Hurray group activities!
    Today at 4:23 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I'm not lying! My husband is a courier!" Soa, bright red, held up her wedding band, but through the chatter, she wasn't sure anyone heard her.
    Today at 4:28 PM
  • Diana:
    Once Tuttie was done going through and stickering anyone she could get her hands on, she started ringing her cowbell harder. "THE CHASE BEGINS! YOU HAVE UNTIL SUNDOWN TO CATCH AND WOO!" It was like someone had set the town on fire with how sudden all the participating ladies in town took off running. Of course, their prey also took off running. Some in good spirit and others out of terror.
    Today at 4:29 PM
  • Diana:
    Ygrid just stood there with her crook with a scowl until she felt her son tugging on her skirts. "So I don't get a daddy, mama?" Once again she heaved a heavy sigh. How was she supposed to respond to that? "...I have to pick a good one, you know. You don't want a dumb daddy. We have to watch for a bit and figure out the best ones!" This seemed to be a satisfying answer for the boy, who proceeded to run off and see if he could tell which were "good ones" that knew how to run and hide properly.
    Today at 4:35 PM
  • Loveless:
    Ohhh, it was a game!! Kaleidoscope's glassy eyes seemed to lit up at this realization, running off as well despite not knowing who was supposed to be 'it' or why everyone else wasn't going straight into hiding. Unless, this was a different kind of Hide and Seek where you didn't have to hide and just ran and ran? For a being made entirely of gemstone, Kaleidoscope was surprisingly fast and nimble, dodging every single wild dashing person that might have almost run her over in spite of being so short. Just bouncing here and there, she was having fun! Or at least, she knew she was meant to be having fun and made sure to display it, "Weeeeeeee~"
    Today at 4:35 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Ciarnan wasn't sure he could run just coming out of mourning, so he cheered the young people on from the side and was as always a doting Father. He heard poor Ygrid's boy and his heart broke a bit for her, and he made a mental note to do something nice for the young widow after everything had settled down!
    Today at 4:38 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa stood back and sighed. She didn't see any need to chase anyone down! She was a married woman!
    Today at 4:40 PM
  • Diana:
    Kaleidosbaksaudsyauiay. KALEI ran face first into a teenage boy as tall as any caribou and as thin as a reed. He looked pretty confused, because she didn't look much old enough to actually participate in the chase. But then, Tuttie was handing out stickers this year like she'd been drinking heavy on the mead too early in the morning. "Watch-it kiddo! I'm trying to get caught by Marylou!"
    Today at 4:41 PM
  • Diana:
    Quite an elderly gentleman threw himself down at Soa's feet. "Oh no..! My back! My cane! Whatever shall I do if I'm caught by a beautiful young woman!!"
    Today at 4:42 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa blinked down at him. "You're hoping to be picked up by a married woman?" She quirked a brow in amusement.
    Today at 4:46 PM
  • Diana:
    Out of the corner of his eye, Ciarnan could see Ms. Nessie sliiiiding up closer and closer in his direction. She was a good 20 years his senior, never married, and with a bust that could smother an orc. She also smoked like a sailor and gambled herself into debt. Now she had eyes on the old fox and she looked like she made sure to stretch for the chase.
    Today at 4:50 PM
  • Loveless:
    The teenager would have noticed the impact had been rather more massive than anyone would expect, like a reinforced glass statue had run against him and not what looked just like a little weirdly-colored 10-year-old. She also didn't seem to mind the interruption that much, just coming to a halt in surprise, but otherwise unbothered. "Marylou?", Kaleidoscope had repeated with a slight tilt of her head in confusion, "But I thought you were meant to not be caught!", she huffed with indignation.
    Today at 4:50 PM
  • Diana:
    "I'll have any woman!" the old man on the ground exclaimed. Meanwhile that teenage boy didn't have a good reply for Kalei, for Marylou's sister was on his tail, and he very much didn't want to be caught by HER. He took off running and slid under a caribou to make his escape.
    54 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa groaned and pulled her hat down, then hurried away. "No thank you!"
    52 minutes ago
  • Loveless:
    Oh no, it seemed whoever was 'it' was coming to their direction! At first confused as to the half-adult's quick dash away from her without an explanation, but noticing the incoming lady once she had looked behind them, Kaleidoscope had taken no extra time before deciding to run away as well, going on the same path as the tall boy from before, "Hey, wait for me!", she called out, making an impressive olympic tier vault over the caribou instead and quickly being caught up with him in a matter of seconds.
    49 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Soa collided with a pack of young ladies on the hunt, and the group cascaded to the ground, tangled up in the handmade sheet net they'd made to catch the most eligible bachelor in town. Meanwhile Kalei was sending that poor teenage boy into a panic, and his pursuer into a fury as she shouted at the little girl to stop moving in on her man.
    39 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa yelped and tumbled with them, wrapped up in the net! They'd caught her!
    37 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Ygrid was just biding her time, really. As long as she looked like she was participating, old Mayor Tuttie didn't make a fuss. So ever so often Ygrid would side step over to someone, give them the eagle eye and fake like she was about to chase them so they'd take off before she went back to leaning on her shepherd's crook. Her son, meanwhile, was still off taking notes. "THIS ONE IS PRETTY DUMB, MAMA, HE'S HIDING BEHIND THE CIDER BARRELS."
    36 minutes ago
  • Loveless:
    "Hurry! She's coming closer!!", Kaleidoscope had rushed the running half-adult while also running, laughing and giggling the whole time. She really had no idea that both the panic and anger of the other two were legitimate and thought this all just part of the game's thrill. In her mind, they were all having a great time together!
    34 minutes ago
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Ciarnan had been lost in thought about a race many many years earlier when his darling wife had used spears to capture him. They had already been courting but no one had known and the game was just to make it official without anyone's parents getting upset. Luckily his danger-sense beeped at him, and he was able to side-step the older woman and waggle a finger at her! "Tsk! And at your time of life too. I'll keep that in mind the next time you're at my clinic!" He was still nimble and pranced out of the way!
    26 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Ms. Nessie howled in laughter, not even the slightest bit offended. "Don't be shy my dearest boy! I have until sundown after all!"
    23 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Soa tripped and stumbled on, windmilling until she spun and slammed into Ciaran. Her arms locked around him as, swaddled in a net, she tried to keep upright!
    16 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Soa's whoopsie daisy effectively saved Ciarnan from a day's worth of exhausting nonsense, and as the game slowly came to a close at sundown, with those wanting to be caught being caught, others tiring out and giving up, and a few argued disputes in between, (not to mention the mysterious strange Ygrid accidentally knocked out with her shepherd's crook), only one single couple announced to town their official engagement. It was a jolly good Frozen Frolic this year!
    7 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    THE END
    7 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    ...UNTIL NEXT TIME!

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
Status
Not open for further replies.