5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
This happened a long time ago..... back when the Governor was a teenager.

It's the spring production at their high school.

The musical as old as time, the love triangle between a hideously scarred man, a beautiful girl and a hot guy.

It's a cursed production....

Or so they say.

The rumor goes that at the last production the two lead men fought and fell down a narrow hole....

Dying on impact.

So- that was the last production.

And here the new one seems to be going great.......

Minus the setting strangely falling apart,

And two new kids joining the play at the last minute.

Whatever.

It's not like things can get worse, right?
EVENT INFO.

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:

You are someone who is in your High school production of not Phantom the Opera. That's copyrighted but boy, this show has so many things close to that one.

When: February 28th 1PM EST/12PM CST. This will end at 4PM EST.

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action Urban Fantasy (But set back somewhere between the 60s-80s tentative) ( But Magic is semi-secret ) ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. There's real ghosts .

Screenshot 2022-02-21 1.37.14 PM.png
Name: Michael "Mickey" Campbell

(He's playing one of the lead in the play)

( He's Potentially playing the other male lead in the musical)

Name: Luis Torres

( He's one of the new kids)

Name: Nathan Richards

( He's one of the other new kids)

~~Nothing supernatural about any of these kids~~

Last edited:
1646062395245.jpegName: Brioni Chastain
Position: Female lead in the play
Magic/Supernatural Abilities: She can see ghosts
Personality: Brioni is outgoing and friendly. She is generally kind and caring, but doesn't take it to the level of an ethical philosophy. In fact, if asked, she would be hard-pressed to explain her philosophy of life.

She prefers doing to thinking. Brioni is impulsive to the point that it leads her into embarrassing blunders, but with the saving grace that she's not interested in things that could get her into real trouble, like drugs, alcohol, and wild parties. She skates through schoolwork at the "average" level.

She hasn't really figured out what she wants to be when she grows up, or even put as much thought to the question as she should. Brioni is a cheerleader at her high school and is popular because she is genuinely well-liked. She would much rather be nice to everyone than develop a stereotypical mastery of high school power-politics. She is interested in theater and dance, and has a lovely singing voice.

Brioni is almost aggressively normal, especially when it comes to anything relating to the supernatural and the strange.

Bio: Brioni was born to loving parents in a financially secure home. Her father is a professor of theoretical physics at the local college, and her mother is a psychotherapist. This was all fine and good until around the age of ten, she started to See Dead People. At first her parents tried to indulge her, thinking she just had imaginary friends and that it would pass. However, some of these "friends" were very disturbing, and when Brioni would react in terror, or produce drawings of some of them, her parents began to worry.

Her attempts to convince her parents that the "people" she was seeing were real fell on deaf ears. Her father knew that the concept of spirits was not compatible with the Standard Model of physics, and obviously a child's hallucinations were not sufficient evidence to overturn the accumulated data of science. Her mother worried that she was developing schizophrenia. As a matter of professional ethics, she could not treat Brioni herself, so she arranged for her to go into psychotherapy.

Naturally, the therapist didn't believe her either, and the medications she prescribed only made Brioni feel like her brain was made of fog. She began to fear that she might actually be going crazy--after all, no one else was seeing these things. So she tried to ignore the visitations when they happened. Act normal. Be normal. Eventually, she was able to convince her therapist and her mother that she was "cured," and she was able to get off the medication.

Every now and then, she will sneak a book about ghosts home from the library, in hopes of learning more about the phenomenon--and most importantly, how to make it go away, but she never talks about paranormal subjects to other people. She's just an ordinary high school girl who's good at theater, music, dance, and cheerleading, and not so good at math, thank you very much.

Last edited:

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The curtains would open for the audience of four who had no choice but to watch.

Today at 11:01 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    It was time for the school musical, The Spectre of the Musical

Today at 11:02 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael was incredibly nervous about even thinking about performing this show. There was so much riding on him getting the lead and he really wanted it as well. Sure, there were two mal leads, but he wanted the Spectre ( He was pretty sure that was a typo, but nobody who ever corrected Ms.Falcon ever had a good day.) " Come on, lead role, lead role."

Today at 11:04 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni came up with bouncing, almost skipping steps, script in hand. She grinned at Michael's words. Giving him an encouraging pat on the shoulder, she said, "You'll do--" Four people in the audience seats, dressed in formal clothes, like maybe they were supposed to be at a Prom. Two of them even wore matching outfits, but it was the second girl that caught her eye. Pale as death, with pure white hair. NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! Brioni thought, willfully pretending she couldn't see them. "--you'll do fine!"

Today at 11:24 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luke Rodriguez didn't want to think about the fact that he was being forced to do this, but he took a moment to look around. " Really weird of you to freak out, there's nobody out there," Luke replied, looking into the audience.

Today at 11:29 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Miss Falcon would walk in, her blonde hair being pushed in. " Well, it's time for the audition. We got two new students here as well, Luis Torres and Nathan Richards."

Today at 11:31 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "What?" Brioni said. "Oh, yeah, totally, there's no one out there, I was just checking to see if, you know, there might by any talent scouts or busybody parents on days off out there. I'm auditioning for Ariane, and her part has some crazy high notes." Then Miss Falcon came in and introduced two new guys. Oooh, he's kinda cute, she thought when the teacher gestured toward the one she identified as Nathan.

Today at 11:40 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan would look around and awkwardly look back at the girl. " I haven;'t really performed in these types of shows. I was like on my football team way back and not really theather. Though, I was more of the bench warmer than anything. Ariane is the female lead right?'

Today at 11:47 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Yeah, Brioni said. "Welcome to Drama," she said, casting her glance to include both new boys. "I'm Brioni," she said, extending a hand to Nathan. "So, you're new to the whole theater thing? Yeah, I know there's, like the unwritten rule, 'sports kids and Drama kids aren't the same kids'...but I'm on the cheerleading squad, so..." She gave a little shrug. "Anyway, do you have a part you're trying out for?"

Today at 11:53 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan would look over at her and then back at her and would go for a handshake. His hand was extremely cold, despite how hot he was to the girl. " I was going to sign up as the second male lead, what was his name again? Rafe, I think it was. I only really got to look at the script once and names aren't my strong suit."

Today at 11:57 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Wha? Cold hands, warm heart? Brioni thought. But his hand was cooooooollllld, like maybe he'd been having a snowball fight without gloves. "Did you get a chance to look at the music and sing through any of his songs? My guess is they're going to put more emphasis on the singing, because it's easier to get away with bad acting than with bad singing, you know? I mean, not that you're bad at either! But, like, if you have a bad actor you can still cast them as a spear-carrier, but a bad singer will still get bad notes even if they're just singing in the chorus, and most people are better at pretending than singing, so actors are probably easier to find."

Today at 12:13 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan would take a moment to take a deep breath. " How does this sound?" He asked. No more chatter of dark times, let these major fears escape, I'm here, nothing will hurt you, my song will heat you up and release your heartbeat. Let me be your guardian, Let the sun dry your sadness, I'm here right now, with you, beside you, To protect you and be your guide." He was incredibly gifted at singing, not missing a note or beat, even without the music.

Today at 12:20 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luis was quiet as he hadn't really been a talker. " That's kind of good."

Today at 12:23 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Yeah, totally!" Brioni said. "Which part are you trying out for?" she said to Luis.

Today at 12:27 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luis would look over at her. " The Spectre, can't be anything other the lead." he replied.

Today at 12:28 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luke would look over at Luis. " I think you and Mike are both crazy for not being worried about the curse. I'm trying to not get a role in this cursed musical."

Today at 12:29 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "The...what?" Brioni said. "This isn't even Macbeth..."

Today at 12:30 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Oh, I mean, 'The Scottish Play,'" Brioni added, with a hint of a smirk at that little bit of theatrical superstition.

Today at 12:34 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Oh, Luke don't tell you that you believe that old tale. Rumor was that the first production, the two male leads died on opening night."

Today at 12:34 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni made a, well, theatrical gesture of wiping sweat from her brow. "Whew, at least I'm not auditioning for either of those parts!" He's not seriously going to try to tell us this musical is actually, really cursed, is he?

Today at 12:36 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luke crossed his arms and looked at her. " It was about the girl."

Today at 12:41 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "So..." Brioni said, "they were fighting over her? Like, in real life? And fell off the stage or something?"

Today at 12:43 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael was quiet and thought about it for a second. " No, they fought and fell into the trap door. As you know the trap door is like twelve feet from the bottom under and well, death."

Today at 12:45 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Well...that's...like super sad and all, but..." Brioni could almost hear her father going on about how physics ruled out the possibility of 'curses' due to somethingsomething bosons with enough mass to affect matter that strongly have all been identified or would have been, somethingsomething supersymmetry, somethingsomething insert equations here. Or her mother trying to patiently explain to her younger self what a hallucination was. Except, she didn't want to be either of her parents right now. "But, uh, hey, nobody's going to fight to the death over me, so we're OK, right?"

Today at 12:55 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luke was quiet for a moment. " Okay, but you're missing the point. Rumor has it that this musical is cursed because the ghosts of the boys still haunt it because they want to play their roles."

Today at 12:59 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "So, they fought to the death over the girl, but what they came back from the dead for was to play their parts?" Brioni asked. "At least it's not Gaston Leroux returned to strangle us all for...you know, taking inspiration from his work. But anyway, rumor, right?"

Today at 1:09 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Oh that is a good idea for a future musical," Miss Falcon mumbled under her breath. " Well, I imagine that since they are ghosts, they might also want a second chance on life, so they probably would just take over the lives of whoever they posses. Or you know rumor has it."

Today at 1:14 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni looked back and forth between Luke and Miss Falcon. Ohmigod. They are totally having us on! "Rumor has it"--they're even using the same phrasing! OK then, if I screw up, I'll just say I was possessed by the ghost of Ariane's actress and it was her fault, she thought. Instead of saying anything, she looked over at Michael and Nathan to gauge their reactions.

Today at 1:29 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael seemed indifferent to the entire situation, but it seemed that both Nathan and Luis's face were the same shade of pale. Maybe they actually believed in the ghost.... or pehaps it was something else entirely.

Today at 1:32 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Well enough about these rumors, let's get started on these auditions."

Today at 1:32 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The practice would go off with no problems, with Michael being casted as the Spectre, Nathan as Rafe, Brioni as Ariane, Luke as Rafe's understudy and Luis as he Spectre's understudy. So did the Rehersals for the show, it was now opening night.

Today at 1:35 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    One of the invisble audience members mumbled to the girl next to him. " I feel like we're missing context, Vianey."

Today at 1:35 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh-huh," Viaeny agreed. "Like, for one thing, why is that Brioni girl the only one that can see us?"

Today at 1:37 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "I think it's more the fact that I can't tell which of the ghosts are the one who are possessing Michael either, but Luke does feel familiar," Tholby replied.

Today at 1:42 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni checked herself in the mirror one more time. OK, this is it, she thought. At least with a real audience, I won't still be able to see them, right? The four Ghosts of Proms Past (or whoever they were supposed to be) had been in those same four seats for every practice, every rehearsal. She had even gone to the Library to look through old Yearbooks and old newspapers on microfilm to try to find out who they might be. She'd found nobody in any of the Yearbooks on file who resembled them (especially Ghostiest Girl, who would have stood out), and none of the tragic news stories about Prom-related deaths (mostly due to drunk driving) were about anybody who looked like them.

Today at 1:44 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Lliira nodded. She'd noticed the same thing by looking at their auras. "Sh-shoud we try to-to see if we can g-go to their li-brary here to f-find out who th-th-they were, or...just watch?"

Today at 1:47 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Deciding she was as ready as she would ever be, Brioni headed out from the dressing room to join the rest of the cast backstage. "So--everybody ready?" she whispered, looking around for the most nervous faces so she could pick out who might need any morale boost she could offer. She was more than a little nervous herself, really hoping she wouldn't see them down in the front row, and that they wouldn't want anything from her, not now. The floodlights will be on, and there'll be people in those seats. So I won't be able to see them even if they are there, right? As long as it's not, like, their rotting spectral corpses hanging from the rafters 'cause they killed themselves when they didn't get roles in the play or something, and I'm having to walk through them to do my stage direction...

Today at 2:01 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael was in his full costume and looked out quite nervously into the audience. It was weird to think that there was a ton of people here to watch them and he took a deep breath. He felt a chill coming through his body, almost as if something had passed through him.

Today at 2:03 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " We definitely should go to the library and figure out what happened to Broini, Nathan and Luis," Jack replied, getting up from his seat.

Today at 2:04 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "OK," Viaeny said, getting up to follow, even though she kinda wanted to see the play.

Today at 2:09 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The library was empty when Viaeny and Jack arrived.

Today at 2:11 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    There were two yearbooks on a table

Today at 2:15 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "You can do this," Brioni said, giving Michael a pat on the back. "Just get all the way into character, and don't worry about the audience or anything like that. You'll do great!" she said brightly, sotto voce. Unlike Michael, she was careful not to look into the audience.

Today at 2:17 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "This is weird," Viaeny said. "But OK, let's start with these yearbooks," she said, opening one of them to check its table of contents for photos of the Drama classes.

Today at 2:18 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael would take a moment to look over at her. " Yeah, I definitely can do this, we went through so much practice that we know the roles pretty well after all. Have you seen the other guys?" He asked.

Today at 2:20 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The first yearbook was back from the 1920s and it seemed that there was a photo of the drama class. In the picture, there was Luis and Nathan

Today at 2:20 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh," Brioni said, turning to look over her shoulder at the rest of the cast. I could have sworn nobody was missing! she thought. Wouldn't Miss Falcon be going postal right now if they weren't here? She looked over the close-packed crowd of cast members. "Maybe they're still in the guys' dressing room?" she said as she tried to pick them out from among the cast.

Today at 2:25 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Aha!" Viaeny said when she spotted them. "I found our OG ghosts! But..." the picture was in black and white, low-quality, and the class was wearing really old fashioned clothes, especially the girls. She held the page and flipped the cover to look at it. "Nineteen Twenty-five?!" she said. "This must have been, like the first Yearbook ever!"

Today at 2:29 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan, Luke and Luis were nowhere to be seen in the cast room. If she went to go and look in the guy's dressing room, Nathan would be in there alone.

Today at 2:30 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jack would look over at the Ghosts and then would raise an eyebrow. " Hey, do you notice anything interesting about the guy's clothings?" He asked. Despite the fact that most of the cast were wearing clothes in the 20s, but Nathan and Luis seemed to be wearing modernish clothes to Vianey's time. " Huh- I wonder if most ghosts are time travelers then," he mumbled.

Today at 2:33 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Having failed to find the missing guys among the cast, Brioni gave her watch a quick check. Still time, she thought, as she went and knocked on the door of the guys' dressing room. "Nathan? Luke? Luis? Guys, are you in there?"

Today at 2:33 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Yeah, I'm in here," Nathan called out to her.

Today at 2:36 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Huh," Viaeny said. "Well...it's not inconceivable. I mean, a lot of ghost sightings make them seem almost like they're stuck in time, or they're an imprint of consciousness--like when the ghost of Millicent Haversham or whoever is only seen walking down a hallway in the house she used to live in, or Civil War soldiers at Gettysburg. As for their clothes--well, I don't know why ghosts have clothes at all, I mean, it's not like shirts and pants and tennis shoes have souls that die with their owners. But if ghosts travel in time, then maybe that explains a bunch of other stuff, like, UFO's and aliens could just be ghosts from our future."

Today at 2:38 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Are you OK?" Brioni asked. She wasn't going to just barge in there, in case he wasn't all the way dressed or something. "And the Lu Twins?" she said, referring to Luke and Luis with the nickname she'd given them after getting their names mixed up one too many times.

Today at 2:41 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jack would muse for a second. " I guess that makes sense for the last two of them. It also means that both Supernatural and Doctor Who are right, aliens and ghosts are both the same things as we can see them."

Today at 2:47 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan was quiet. " I'm not okay, you can open the door. No, the Lu twins aren't here."

Today at 2:48 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni glanced over her shoulder. If anybody saw her go into the guys' dressing room, then at a minimum, rumors would fly. Even if she could ignore them, why subject Nathan to them, especially since he was new at school? Plus...though her mind wanted to steer clear of the thought, this had a certain horror movie vibe, where the girl goes into the room away from everybody else and gets a highly-unpleasant death for her trouble. "What's wrong? Should I get Miss Falcon? Or call for an ambulance?"

Today at 2:55 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan was quiet for a moment. " Please don't freak out" Nathan would walk through the door, without the thing being open as he looked back. " Trust me, I wouldn't want Miss Falcon to get involved in this, she would probably be mad that I found a way to make her spell wear off, or maybe she knew I would have to possess someone. Not that I ever want to do. I just want to finish this goddamn place. "

Today at 2:58 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni choked back a scream, turning it into a stream of coughs as she backpedaled away from the specter that phased through the door in front of her. She opened her mouth, but words wouldn't come out. Nathan...is dead?! Miss Falcon...spell...? I...I can't...! Her mouth opened and closed a few times, then she looked around nervously, hoping no one could see her.

Today at 3:14 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan was quiet for a moment again before he finally said something. " All I ever wanted was to have a long life, and before you say, I shouldn't have fought someone over a trap door, I didn't. He pushed me down it, I didn't even like her in that way. But that's neither here nor there. I just wanted a chance to pass on at this point, but he just keeps coming back with me and then he manages to...... either possess or kill whoever plays the spectre."

Today at 3:17 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Brioni looked around again. No one was watching, for now. "Why do you keep coming to me, just because I can see you? I don't know how to help you find the Light or whatever it is you want from me!" she whispered. "You said...Miss Falcon...spells? If she's...like, a witch or a medium or a psychic or something, she's the only one who can help you. And...wait...who? There's another--" She looked around again, not willing to say 'ghost' where Normal, Sane people might hear. "...Isn't 'possession' a demon thing?" God, I just said 'demon,' like that's any better!

50 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathan would take a moment to consider what she meant. " I'm not sure why you are attracted to other ghosts, but from my time of being dead, some people just have a field of vision that allows ghosts to see them and think they can help them pass on, even if you can't make them go to the Light. I don't think you can help me. Oh, she's something that rhymes with witch, but yeah, she's something that I can't quite place. Calling him a witch seems generous, but whatever. As for another, it's Luis. He's the other ghost who appeared with me, same one each time. Nope, it's a ghost thing. Demons can possess if you give them permission, ghosts don't need it."

46 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Suddenly, Brioni had a crazy idea. "Can you...make it so other people can see and hear you? Maybe I can get Michael to switch roles with you! If the 'Spectre of the Musical' is an actual specter, that would be super cool, right? If anybody asks, I'll say it was a special effect! Then Michael's not playing the role, so the other ghost won't kill him, and you're already dead, so...sorry...I'll...I'll go to your funeral and everything--I'm really sad that you're--but if I cry now I wreck my makeup and I'm on in--" She checked her watch, then paled. "God that sounds shallow! But...doing the play is how you'll...?" she said, looking skyward.

39 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I mean, it takes a lot of energy to make myself solid and even more to make people hear me and based on the fact that he sent you away, he's probably already possessed and is not going to give-"

37 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Things started to static around the world, almost as if he didn't want Tholby, Jack, Vianey and LLira to hear and before the foursome could do anything to hear it and the only person left was dark possessed Mike. " So, as you can see, that's too important to show you, but now you just tell me who I am and then we can continue making this party end."

35 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Wha?" Viaeny said as the audience and actors faded away. Then she gave "Michael" a suspicious look. "And if we don't? Is this like one of those 'Choose the form of your Destroyer' moments?" Lliira had taken a book from her purse (for she always had a book in her purse) and was hastily, yet carefully drawing something on one of the blank pages next to the cover.

28 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Tholby would look over at what she was drawing.

25 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael would look over at her. " Yeah, I'm not caught up on whatever you just said in it. I'm from the 20s and then for a good chunk of time trapped in a ton of parties- so excuse me for not getting it."

24 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Suddenly, Viaeny's eyes went wide. "Oh. My. God. MOM! It's Mom! She..." She'd seen pictures of her mother from her high school days and younger, but she certainly hadn't expected to see her teenage self in the middle of a ghost hunt or whatever this "party" had become. There weren't any pictures of Dad in his youth. But then wedding pictures flashed in her mind. "...and Dad...!" Lliira was drawing something that looked a bit like a circuit diagrams in a circle, with a curious sigil that looked a bit like a science-fictional tower in the center.

19 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The room started to darken and then everything went black for the group.... To be continued Next Monday