OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP! The Child Empress - Nov Sunday 22nd @ 2PM to 5PM CENTRAL

Added to Calendar: 11-22-20

ARE YOU ATTENDING?


  • Total voters
    6

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female

THE CHILD EMPRESS
NOVEMBER SUNDAY THE 22nd @ 2PM TO 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

In the beautiful country of Vundergren they host a parade once a year to celebrate the many years of peace between the participating countries of the United Peace Treaty! However, this year's masquerade turned into a bloodbath as a band of raiders disguised as Jesters tried to assassinate Child Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... Well, her title is a long mouthful, but she is the only living heir to quite a valuable kingdom.

A small band of heroes managed to escape the city with the Empress safe in hand and have been spending the past few days in a neighboring village hiding out trying to decide what to do next. And their hideout is about to be discovered...


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: This is a SEQUEL! If you were in the last charp you can decide if you are still with the Child Empress or not. If not, you can be someone that has joined the group in the past few days while they've been in hiding OR you can play a character that is only just now stumbling into the fray!

WHEN: NOVEMBER SUNDAY THE 22nd @ 2PM TO 5PM CENTRAL TIME

WHERE: Join us in the THE CHILD EMPRESS chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

Name: Mei-ling Yin

Age: 18

Gender: Female

Appearance:

Mei-ling is lovely and delicate. Her beauty is unusual and exotic in Vundergren. She has long black hair, dark brown eyes, and a porcelain complexion. She wears her hair in elaborate styles, and wears shimmering embroidered silk gowns. When acting in her official capacity, she wears a jade pendant intricately carved to bear the Airship-and-Sun of the Jade Temple, a temple arcology to the south of Vundergren.

Magic: Life (healing and phantasm conjuration/illusion)

Personality:

Curious and adventurous, with a childlike sense of wonder. She is a bit too innocent--perhaps even naive--for the situation she has been thrust into. As a practitioner of the healing arts, Mei-ling is ethically forbidden to kill or maim. She can use her magic and martial-arts skills to stun, paralyze, knock unconscious, hypnotize, or generate convincing illusions (including the illusion of pain and injury) in self-defense. Despite her bright, upbeat attitude, she is beginning to feel hopelessly out of her depth as Vundergren's troubles worsen.

Bio:

Mei-ling is the Jade Temple's ambassador to the royal court of Vundergren. The Jade Temple has had a close, friendly relationship with Vundergren and the signatory nations of the United Peace Treaty for generations. Because of this, Vundergren became an "easy" assignment for new members of the Temple's diplomatic corps. Mei-ling was sent to Vundergren to develop experience as a diplomat and take advantage of Vundergren's great royal library. On her way to Vundergren for the great Royal Parade, her ship was delayed, and she arrived late. This would have been a terrible faux pas, save for the fact that the city was in chaos, and she found herself among a small party of heroes fighting to protect the Child Empress from assassins.

The Jade Temple:

The Jade Temple is a great temple complex located on an island in the Maethys Sea (an ocean to the south), just offshore. A monumental causeway connects the island to the mainland. Every citizen of the Temple is also a priest or priestess, trained in one of the many "Paths" available (Healer, Defender, Scholar, Wind Dancer/Pilot, Biomancer, etc.).

Little is known (to outsiders) about the spirituality of the Jade Temple. Though it does send young priests and priestesses out on "quests" to develop their magical talents and grow spiritually while helping others, establishes hospitals, orphanages, and shelters for the poor and dispossessed, the Temple does not actively try to convert others to its world-view. Instead, one must pass through a difficult period of training as an Initiate before one can become an Adept, a full member of the Temple able to participate in its governance.
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
This charp is today! 8D Don't forget to show up in main chat a few minutes early so I can have an idea on how to start us off!
 

Loveless

With an ever-bleeding heart...
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
One post per day, Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10 AM to 12 PM (BRT)
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Nonbinary, Agender, No Preferences
Genres
I'm mostly used to Modern-Fantasy and things with some level of Slice of Life to them, though I'm willing to try anything even dice RP. I do think my fight scenes read a bit odd though, it's a work in progress... I also have a penchant for Comedy.
Name: Catherine (no last name. Goes by Mountbatten when one is needed)
Age: 15

Appearance:


Race: Werecat
Hobbies: Cooking and finger painting
Likes: History, art, sports, learning, sightseeing and naps
Dislikes: Bullies, unneeded violence and nonsensical rambling

Personality: Catherine is a carefree, easily amused person. Being one to discover the Monster world only later in her life, Cath is oblivious to most rules and knowledge other supernatural creatures might have. She doesn't know most types of creatures, especially the who to trust and who to not trust and all those things. Learning about something new will make her go "Ohhh" for a long time and awaken her cat-like curiosity to know more about this new, wonderful thing she just discovered. Beware a barrage of questions.

When given a problem, she'll often take the first solution her head can think of and try it out without thinking twice, which, often ends up bad for her and any other parties involved... If someone is in danger, it doesn't take her long to make her move and go stand right in the middle, attempting to protect the weakest side.
She doesn't get bullying, Catherine just cannot see a reason why someone would choose to hurt another person, it's not like they win anything by doing this, right?

After living with humans for so long, Catherine has become quite the empathic person and simply doesn't want to see anyone sad or hurt.
Since she's a lesser werecat because she turns into a domestic cat, other werecats may ignore and deny her existence, or even lash out and bully her, but she won't mind about it at all, she's grown used to it by now.

Backstory: The werecat got separated from her original village when she was little and doesn't actually know what happened to any of them.

For some unknown reason, at the age of 3 the girl had crossed into the human world and unable to control her powers spent some years stuck as a common cat. A human family took her out of the streets, adopted her and gave her the name Catherine. They treated her like family and even got her a collar (it was a dog-collar actually).

For quite a time Catherine had really thought she was just a cat and was glad to have a family that cared about her and 3 lovely human siblings, but the other cats, however, would not interact with her normally, it was almost as if they were terrified of her. Now she knows it was because they felt she was, in fact, a supernatural creature, but at the time she had thought the other cats simply didn't like her and would often exclude her from the group.

The girl only came to know the truth when she was 10 and another magical creature crossed her path. Once in her exploring through the town, Catherine met a strange-looking man and stood there, wondering all kinds of things about that weird figure in front of her. The man, however, had telepathy and as soon as he heard his thoughts he knew it wasn't a normal cat looking at him and so he decided to test her. He lured her closer with cat snacks, always keeping it out of the kitten's reach to her frustration. 'If you had hands perhaps you could take these from me.", it's what he had said, and with those words in mind, the cat lept at him. Then she realized she did have hands.

Catherine, no longer a kitten but a 10-year-old child, instantly panicked, and the strange man soon calmed her down and to the best of his ability, explained the situation to her. Dumb-folded, the girl wanted to let her family know of her discovery, but got told she couldn't and actually had to leave the human world, for this was not her place. Taking only the collar she had been given, the girl followed the man back to the monster world and was put into a type of orphanage/school. There, she came to learn about supernatural creatures and even meet other werebeasts like her. Now she's a sort of freelance adventurer, exploring the world and slaying evil beasts on the go.

Powers/abilities:

-> Shape-shifting (Human, cat, in-between [aka: Anthro])
-> Superhuman Strength, Speed, Durability, Dexterity, Reflexes, Senses (You know, cat)
-> Healing Factor (Can't restore missed limbs tho)
-> Claws and Fangs

Other: Before the strange man left, he gave Catherine a magic sword that talks to her via telepathy, named Avell.

Avell is like a portable teacher, he'll often teach Catherine facts about the supernatural world and helped her deal with her abilities when she barely knew what she was capable of. However, Avell is very full of himself and may come up as annoying when he starts bragging or criticising Catherine's behavior. The girl, of course, will often argue back with it. Her backpack has a built-in sheath for him. Avell can telepathically communicate with Catherine due to a contractual-bond they have (as long as she's in range). Problem is, Cath can't respond telepathically back and has to actually talk with him to reply. Due to Catherine's laughable amount of mana the spells available are all low-level, one of each element (Flames, Sprinkle, Whirlwind, Earthquake) and a sound-propulsion (Sonic-Boom) she often uses for enhanced jumps.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Zarko Straadi

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

  • Diana Diana :
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS!


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    This is a traditional high fantasy setting where a group of hodge podge people are trying to protect this lost child empress from the assassins that are hunting her. They need to figure out how to get her back to her people!


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY! Don't worry about typos, if you're new to this, or if you sometimes get confused. I am in the Main Chat to help answer questions or give direction.


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    IMPORTANT: TYPE FAST, KEEP IT BRIEF. Too much text and people will miss details, and you might miss action if you take too long to post. Under 10 sentences is good!


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    HOT TIP: Write your character's name in the first sentence of every post so who know who is playing who. You can also make use of bbcode color to help differentiate your posts from others.


    Today at 12:42 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Make sure to pay attention because those are helping guide the story.


    Today at 12:42 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:42 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    In a small village that doesn't even have a name, up in a windowless room in of a worn down old inn an unlikely group of heroes have one small and powerful problem - how to get the child empress back to her people safely and in one peace. In fact, for the few adventurers that managed to escape the city with her, that was the current conversation at hand as the little empress sat in bed playing with a doll.


    Today at 12:58 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Playing across the bed with his own action figure (it's not a doll. DON'T CALL IT A DOLL) was a little boy, no more than for four years old. Despite it not being obvious, he was also a semi-powerful necromncer..... in training. His name was Peter. On his shoulder was what could only be describe as a kind of undead squirrel. " We pway together?" He asked the princess.


    Today at 1:05 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... and, at the moment, small lady with a doll, eyed the boy suspiciously. He was quite young and she wasn't sure where he'd come from. The others told her not to talk to unexpected strangers. "Maybe..."


    Today at 1:08 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    "Well, I think we're lost. Again.", a young swords...woman? Girl?? had muttered seemingly to herself outside, not too far from the hideout, though oblivious about that fact. A voice inside her head made a new suggestion, in a rather mocking and annoyed tone, causing Catherine to scoff and sigh in response, "What do you think I am, a searching dog? I've never met these people how am I supposed to know what they smell like?" The retort had been met with more mumbling, "Oh yes, that is very helpful, mister." and so the pair continued wandering aimlessly and on, delicate speaking terms... Just a normal day for Cathy and Avell.


    Today at 1:09 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling fretted as she checked herself in the mirror. The headdress still wouldn't sit right! Ordinarily she might not have worried so much. But here she was, on what was arguably the most important single mission in the history of the Jade Temple's diplomatic corps, and she couldn't make herself presentable! What if getting the Empress back home safely depended on her ability to impress someone with her diplomatic credentials? She took in a deep breath and let it out. At least the children were not in an ill temper. Dealing with overstuffed 'nobility' was one thing. Children...she had almost no experience in that regard.


    Today at 1:14 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Yay, new friend to pway with. What do you wanna pway?" He asked, excitedly bouncing up and down while moving his action figure around.


    Today at 1:16 PM


  • The Mood is Write:
    And looked up from his book and noticed the far younger necromancer with the pet squirrel, then did a double take. "Who...!?" He hurried to the boy. "Hide your friend. Practicing necromancy is a death sentence...!" He had the scars from before he escaped, to prove it.


    Today at 1:16 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Jaleir had more than enough shit today, to put it mildly. First, the caravan he guarded was attacked. Then they got stuck in mud. Then one of the horses died. Then the replacement horse died. Then, because of his strength, he had been used in place of the horse. Then he sprained his ankle. Then the caravan was attacked again. Thank all the gods they were arriving at a tiny village without even a name; because at least it was very unlikely that things could go wrong here.


    Today at 1:19 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Okay, Quirrly go in jacky pocket with Chirpy and Aquay," he replied.. A very undead cricket and semi-undead dragon peered out of the pocket and shook their heads. " Okay, other pocket with pup." A also undead puppy peered out and shrugged, curling back up.


    Today at 1:23 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The small inn was just as dull, empty, and lifeless as anyone would expect a small village inn to be. Those that lived in the local village were more likely at home with their families having their dinner meal, so the only occupants were the Inn Owner and his family, a few stray old farts that ended up at the Inn every night, and a few travelers that were on their way home from the parades.


    Today at 1:24 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Thank you," And said, relief in his voice, only to pause, thoughtful. "Where did you learn to animate your friends?" he asked. Whoever taught the boy clearly wasn't thinking of the child's future at all.


    Today at 1:26 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    As the girl had turned around still looking for which way to go, her company had called her attention towards a newcomer, explicitly pointing out the worn-out state of the other. Immediately, Catherine had gasped at that, cat ears were suddenly raised in alert before vanishing completely again. Sheathing the sword back on the compartment of her leather backpack the werecat had rushed towards Jaleir with concern in both gaze and voice, "Are you okay, mister?! Do you need help??"


    Today at 1:28 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter offered the other man a shrug. " I just bring Quirrly back from dead one day, no wearn it just know," he replied.


    Today at 1:29 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling gave up on the headdress with a sigh, and with it the elaborate hairstyle customary for a Jade Temple diplomat. She set the headdress aside and combed her hair out straight. Adding to her worries was the fact that only one of the original party who had rescued the Empress was still with her (well, two if you counted the chicken). And on top of that, they now had a second child to care for! Taking a cautious glimpse out of the window, she thought she saw travelers, perhaps returned from the city. "Excuse me," she said to And, "There are travelers here. I could go ask them for news of the city, and if order has been restored."


    Today at 1:30 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Oh..." And stared as his lips drew themselves into a thin line. This... was highly unusual, but sorcery did exist. This child would surely grow powerful with age. "Would you like me to teach you more about necromancy?" he offered. "You may be safer that way."


    Today at 1:31 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Mei-ling's words caught his attention, and he looked over. "That would be wise. Please do, Miss Mei-Ling."


    Today at 1:32 PM


  • Villamvihar:
    So then, it was no surprise that Jaleir went straight into the inn, only to be intercepted by a woman who approached him without hesitation. That... did not usually happen. Jaleir towered over everyone, being almost two meters tall and it's not like he was any less broad. In a good sense, mind you, because he looked like he could lift an entire inn. So he just stared at Catherine in dumb silence, looking as though someone had done something unbelievable. His head jutted forward; his face warped into the very picture of confusion and his hand pointed questioningly towards his chin.


    Today at 1:32 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    "He should go back to where he belongs," suggested the Empress, still dubious about the boy. At least now she seemed a little more open to speaking more than three words, as long as Mei-ling was somewhere within her line of sight.


    Today at 1:32 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul took that opportunity to peck at the little boy, suddenly quite jealous. Paul, of course, was And's very normal (if mentally disturbed) chicken.


    Today at 1:33 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The child necromancer ( who did call himself Peter earlier) looked at him. " I would wike that." He would tilt his head and start to cry. " I no have a home. I'm an orphan."


    Today at 1:35 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Thank you," Mei-ling said, and slipped out of the room. Going downstairs to the common area of the inn, she found a girl with a sword and a towering figure. "Pardon me," she said, "are you travelers from the Capital? I have heard there was some kind of attack during the Parade. Do you know if order has been restored?"


    Today at 1:37 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    "Eh?", Catherine had come to a halt at the reaction of the other, uh-oh had she stepped over someone's boundaries again? Avell would have facepalmed if he could, but the sigh in the girl's mind had been enough of an indication. "Oh, uhhhh... Sorry, you just seemed a bit tired and I thought maybe you needed help...", the girl's reply had been meek, with her curling on herself slightly out of awkwardness, a before unseen brown tail flickered behind her with uneasy energy. Yep, she had definitely done something she shouldn't have...


    Today at 1:37 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "You will be my apprentice, then, and when we get to my home, you will live with me as my son," And said, only to notice Paul pecking at Peter. "Paul! Stop that!" He pulled her away and held her upside down by her feet. "Stop being so jealous!"


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Wait, a SECOND person chose to talk with Jaleir? He did not eat the bad kind of mushrooms, did he? Nor did he drink anything yet, last time he checked. So how in the seven devils and the seven angels were people talking to him? His brain froze at the whole thing and the first thing that came out of his mouth was... "Banana." Wait, what? He buried his face in his palms. Why did he say that? Did he forget so to speak just because people were talking to him? No, surely that could not be the case.


    Today at 1:41 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Appwentice?" Peter asked in a tone that indicated he had no clue what that meant at all. He however did know what the word son meant. " Yay, daddy, daddy," he said in an excited tone. If And hadn't removed the chicken when he did, it might have been clocked in the head with an array of nuts.


    Today at 1:43 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling did not know what to make of the tall one's answer, so she turned to the girl.


    Today at 1:44 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And placed a hand on the boy's head with a nod. "Now..." He looked to the rude little Empress. "It is good to be wary right now, but you can play with my son." Peter was his responsibility now, which meant that if Peter did anything to endanger the girl, it would be on And's hands. "Miss Mei-Ling and I will keep you both safe." He looked between the two. "Play nicely, please, and son, try to avoid using more necromancy without my permission. I don't want you endangered, and... anyone who paid attention will know that a necromancer was helping the empress during the parade."


    Today at 1:48 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    "The capital?", Catherine had parroted for a moment wondering how to answer it- Or, having her companion dictate the answer instead, "No... We're from a lot farther along...", she had given the woman an apologetic expression before perking up like the flip of a switch, the mysterious cat ears making a new appearance, "BUT! We did hear of the attack and have travelled all this way to offer assistance!!", a closed fist had gone up in determination, "Though... I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be going, oops..." The girl too had no idea of what to make out of the big male's reply either, at least not at first, "Uhhh, are you hungry?", she had taken a shot on the dark.


    Today at 1:50 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "You are just trying to take a random boy," the empress tried to explain. But she was a child and adults never did like to listen to children, even when they were all powerful Empresses. "You don't even know where he belongs. We're going to get in even more trouble."


    Today at 1:51 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "But...surely assistance would be needed in the Capital rather than here, so far away from it all?" Mei-ling said.


    Today at 1:53 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Jaleir took a couple of breaths to calm himself. All right, he could do this. He could talk to people who approached him just like that. Out of nowhere. Completely unpredicatbly. And people who did not make remarks like 'you look strong enough to carry an entire cart by yourself', which inevitably lead to the situation of... well... today. Shaking his head, Jaleir tried this speaking thing agai- Oh no. "Attack?" he asked, a bad feeling already creeping up his spine.


    Today at 1:55 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Someone needs to take him in, Empress," he said, sadness in his eyes. "He needs to be educated and hidden, or he will be killed by law just for being born with talent."


    Today at 1:56 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Yes, in the Capital," Mei-ling said, "at least that is what I have heard. I am a...scholar from the Jade Temple," she said. Though she was uncomfortable giving her true origin, her ethnicity and embroidered silk gown would be recognizable to anyone who was familiar with the Temple, and she certainly couldn't get away with a pretense of being one of the locals. "I was on my way to the Capital to study at the library there."


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter wasn't exactly a fan of not using his powers, but it was okay. He didn't have any more animals to bring back to life. " I orphan. I no belong anywhere," he replied back. He was four, he didn't know he was talking back to a child empress. " Miss Mei-Ling wike mommy or aunty?" He asked And.


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE RANDOM KIDS," she insisted, this time loud enough the people downstairs could hear her shouting! It was unclear what part of the situation had her most upset, but the young empress didn't stay to explain it. She hopped to her feet and bolted for the door, and scampered down the stairs to flee.


    Today at 2:00 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I'm... not sure—" He cut off as the Empress shouted, eyes wide.


    Today at 2:02 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    That was right. She was an orphan, too. Shit. And hurried after her. "Wait!" He was fast for an old man, but she was more agile. "Paul! Protect her!"


    Today at 2:03 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    As And threw Paul, she flapped, then latched onto the girl's hair, bouncing against the young empress's back with a cluck every time and elevator music behind her beady eyes.


    Today at 2:04 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    "Well, you see, we- I'm...", as Catherine prepared to say the words, Avell had been already laughing at the way his protegeé had been put against a wall so quickly. Good luck Cathy, guess the image of a reliable adventurer wasn't going to last long... "...I'm lost.", the girl seemed to deflate as she had admitted to it. It was clear that this wasn't a first occurrence either as the werecat sighed in defeat. And then a little girl shouted for inside, the cat ears suddenly alert again before disappearing from sight once more as they lowered. She didn't know what to say, just staring back at Mei-ling with a nervous, troubled expression. But what if she was jumping into other people's matters unwanted again...


    Today at 2:04 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Mei-Ling! Incoming!" And shouted.


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling flinched at the sound of the Empress' voice--then her eyes went wide when she saw her running down the stairs. "Dear One, there is nothing to fear!" she said, hurrying to her to take her gently by the shoulders. At least the Empress was dressed in peasant's clothes, but how to explain her traveling companion. Then And and Paul came out in pursuit.


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Off she ran with a chicken clung to her back, passed the confused old geezers drinking ale in the tavern, our the door into the streets passed the ones speaking out there of danger and recent events. She ran fast too for a little kid in a big borrowed shirt, right past Mei-ling and off towards the dark forest.


    Today at 2:06 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked over at And. " .... She seem sad."


    Today at 2:07 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And himself looked just like a farmer, all the way down to his tan, his thick calloused hands, and the dirt that clung to his undyed woolen clothes. As he caught up to Mei-ling, he looked to her. "I... think I messed up!" he said as he paused, expression guilty before he hurried into the forest after her. "Please wait! I'm sorry!"


    Today at 2:08 PM


  • Villamvihar:
    An attack in the capital? Jaleir had not heard of anything like that, but then again, he was a simple man. But before he could ask any further questions, a little girl ran from the top rooms, escaping through the inn and then went out into the streets. With a chicken on latched onto her back. What? Moreover, one of the women seemed like she was invol- Oh no. Oh no no no no. Jaleir's heart sank as he realised that the day was about to get even worse.


    Today at 2:08 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I'll go get her," Mei-ling said, then turned to hurry after the Empress; And had the other child to care for as well, and Mei-ling did not trust her ability to conjure additions to her cover story. She ran after the Empress, hoping to catch her before she got too far into the forest. "Dear One, what is wrong?" She couldn't call the Empress by her real name, and the girl had yet to agree to any of the false names she and And had offered.


    Today at 2:10 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The child made it to the forest faster than Mei-ling could catch up to her, which was definitely a big problem, as night had quickly fallen and once one was under the cover of the trees, one couldn't see farther than a foot or two in front of them even by the few beams of moonlight that could break through the canopy. There was rustling in the distance but it could just as easily been a wild animal or the wind!


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    "Wait, it could be dangerous outside!", Catherine had turned around as a blonde girl had rushed past her, both ears and tail all high up in horror and apprehension, she didn't even know who this child was, but that didn't matter, a kid lost in the woods was a bad idea, always! The werecat had been ready to run after the runaway girl, but the woman said she had it handled and Avell too had reprimanded her for being about to run off. With a defeated sigh and her tail flickering with annoyance, Cathy gave up on giving chase, instead throwing Jaleir a glance and muttering, "Let's just get inside...", as she entered the inn.


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked against the girl's back, feet well-tangled in those locks. She looked around vacantly, then started to flap her wings.


    Today at 2:16 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling stopped briefly so she could make a few intricate gestures with her hands, conjuring an illusion of a globe of light so she could have some hope of seeing where she was going. She headed toward the rustling. "Paul?" she called out. With any luck (not that there was any of the good variety present at the moment...) the chicken would at least cluck and help lead her to the Empress.


    Today at 2:17 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked loudly as she twisted around in the little girl's hair, hopelessly tangled... and now panicking.


    Today at 2:17 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I hear Paul!" And informed, thankful for Mei-ling's light, as it meant he wouldn't need to call on the dead and possibly endanger the other child in doing so.


    Today at 2:18 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The child empress didn't mind the chicken tag-a-long, at least until it started having a fit and pulling at her hair. She started shrieking and flailing wildly until she finally managed to get the chicken loose. Just in time for something even larger than herself and the chicken to make a very large snarl nearby.


    Today at 2:19 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Jaleir had a complicated expression on his face. An incredibly, incredibly complicated expression on his face. But in the end, Catherine had it right. If nothing else, he had to get in at least one drink before everything crashed and cracked. Again. So he followed her, went up to the counter, placed a couple of gold coins on the counter. "A barrel of beer." No, he was not joking. Yes, he would drink it all himself.


    Today at 2:19 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Buck." Paul stared at the source of the nearby snarl, then... Attack mode! The bird ran at it in a flurry of feather-filled clucking and claws.


    Today at 2:21 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The chicken ran beak first into one very, very, very large wood troll that had just had his sleep interrupted and wasn't happy about this. The Troll stood a good 10 feet tall with barky skin and bent over with it's mouth opened wide to swallow up that chicken. In the nonsense, the child empress fled further into the dark forest.


    Today at 2:23 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked sad..... and he would put on the oversized coat. He would poke Aquy awake. " Go hewp daddy. Dragon get big." The small dragon grumbled and made itself big, and thankfully glowing and would sigh as Peter climbed onto follow them.


    Today at 2:24 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling followed the sound of the chicken, reaching the child just in time to hear the fierce snarl. "Empress!" she hissed under her breath. "Please stay with us," she said as she interposed herself between the girl and whatever beast awaited in the shadows. My staff! Her jade staff was still back at the Inn, so she had nothing to fend off a fierce animal with! More gestures, and she conjured an illusion of flames bursting from the trees between her and the sound--but then the Empress took off again!


    Today at 2:24 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    Catherine ignored the borderline mean comments that Avell was making at the tall one's order of choice, instead taking a seat beside him. She wasn't hungry though, or thirsty for that matter, clearly still worried about the whole runaway child situation and leaning over the counter as if done with everything. She was a failure of an adventurer, that's what she was. The girl sighed, not even the sight of a dragon was doing anything for her.


    Today at 2:24 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And felt the prickle of necromantic magic behind them, and he paled. No, Peter was endangering himself, too! He would have to out himself to cover for the child, he was sure, but... after they got out of the forest. He came to a stop and began to whisper a spell. Ghosts began to approach him, and to speak to him, and he suddenly changed direction. As he did, a ghost went, unseen to normal eyes, to Peter.


    Today at 2:28 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    The ghost, a plain-faced woman, spoke to Peter, "Be careful. I can lead you in the direction he went."


    Today at 2:29 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling took off after the Empress. Her illusory flames wouldn't last long without her to sustain the spell, but she had to find the Empress before she could protect her!


    Today at 2:31 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The forest troll was not happy about all the fire (and did not seem to realize it was just an illusion) which saved the chicken from being swallowed, but did not protect Mei-ling from the troll's mighty stomping. It rumbled the ground enough to mess with her footing and gave the lumbering beast the opportunity to swing his massive arm at her.


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked at the ghost. " Okay, lady. Lead me to daddy."


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul attacked the troll's face with a flurry of claws and feathers, clawing at its eyes with wild squawking.


    Today at 2:35 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    The bartender, obviously, could not just give an entire barrel of beer to Jaleir. Which greatly displeased him, after having been through all that stuff today. So he only got one glass of beer. Granted, a big glass of bear, but it did not make him happy. At all. Because he knew it was only going to get worse.


    Today at 2:35 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    The ghost led Peter through the forest toward And's destination. At least And hadn't forgotten the boy—he just didn't understand that children needed a lot of supervision, even if they weren't empresses in hiding.


    Today at 2:36 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And headed towards the next danger the ghosts warned him about, which intersected with the little Empress's route.


    Today at 2:36 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling heard heavy footfalls behind her, and saw the towering troll bearing down on her. She ducked into a roll to avoid its attack, but tripped over a root as she tried to come to her feet. She managed to stumble into a back stance instead of falling. She could feel the chill presence of wandering spirits, and there was a pale glow and the sound of large wings from above the forest, but she couldn't do anything about those threats. In fact, she was not entirely sure she'd be able to deal with the troll!


    Today at 2:40 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Just as And almost caught up with the fleeing little girl, a lightning-blue portal opened up in the forest. The empress skidded to a stop, but there was no turning to run fast enough this time. A few strangely dressed mages stepped out of the portal. One snatched her up and disappeared into the portal, leaving behind three very menacing looking mages with sparks at their fingertips. The portal closed with a clap of thunder, loud enough the forest troll stopped in it's track, and those at the inn could hear it too!


    Today at 2:46 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "No!" And snarled, then whispered rapidly as he made movements with his hands, until suddenly, skeletal hands rose from the ground and began to climb up the mages to disrupt their casting and pin them in place.


    Today at 2:47 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter arrived and growled. Nobody hurt his daddy. The glowing dragon knew what that meant as it shot water at the mages, very strong water.


    Today at 2:48 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Water is an excellent conductor of electricity. Now all the surrounding areas were lighting up with electrivity!


    Today at 2:51 PM

  • Loveless Loveless :
    The ruckus of the forest would be distant and forgettable to most individuals, but when you had enhanced senses the rumbling of the ground was something that shook Catherine to her core, knowing that it was surely nothing but bad news. "You know what...", the girl would suddenly mutter at seemingly nobody, jerking back upright on her seat, "I don't care whether it's someone else's matter, a true adventurer wouldn't let something like that keep her from protecting and doing what she thinks it's right!", she had gotten back up for her seat, tail peeking from under her skirt, perked up high with pride. Avell had initially mumbled something against, but the sudden surge of spatial magical would soon change his own mind. This was a matter bigger than just some kid lost in the woods, wasn't it? And thus there went Catherine, rushing outside of the inn, unsheathing her sword companion and pointing the magical gem on the hilt downwards. "SONIC-BOOM!!", a sonic-wave was unleashed from the gemstone, magical energies swirling chaotically inside it, and with that the girl was being propelled upwards into the air, making a parable towards the darkened forest...


    Today at 2:51 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And jumped away as quick as he could, but still collapsed as the magic connected. He gasped and wheezed, then continued to murmur until the skeletons rose all the way and clung, restraining, to the mages.


    Today at 2:52 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Oops....." Peter replied, looking to see how else he could help.


    Today at 2:56 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling ducked under another swipe from the troll, then scooped a hand around its wrist to subtly divert a punch to miss her, then shot a front kick at the troll's solar plexus, and followed up with a rapid combo of punches and palm strikes as she moved in close and to the troll's side. She was faster, but it was much stronger. She heard And cry out "No!"--so obviously something terrible was happening; then the next thing she knew there was crackling electricity and hissing steam coming from behind her. She swerved again, this time to put the troll's body between her and the concrescence of magical energies.


    Today at 2:57 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul flapped away, up to a tree branch, then huff-clucked and fluffed her feathers.


    Today at 2:58 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    BZZZZZZZZT, the troll did indeed get a full shock. But it seemed the boy and the weirdo with the chicken weren't the only necromancers. The mage's began casting their own spells, as a group, making their will stronger as they bent And's skeleton summons to their own magic. Their magical tune even seemed to have an effect on the nearby ghosts!


    58 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And scowled, then whispered more quickly, speaking to the dead, urging them to help him, even as he walked toward the opposing necromancers. A good caster always had a backup plan, and his was to hurl a rock at the other caster.


    57 minutes ago

  • Loveless Loveless :
    Catherine's trajectory had ended up being the clearing where the woman from before fought a much larger enemy, a troll! "FLAMES!", the enchantment had been shouted, causing Avell's blade to glow a fiery-orange before erupting in a violent blaze. Aided by gravity, just as the enemy was still recovering from the unpleasant electricity, the werecat had dropped over it, her burning sword pointed downwards, mercilessly aimed to end it in case the shock hadn't already done so.


    56 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul watched for a while until she noticed something. And was fighting. And was in danger. HER HUSBANDO! She leaped from the tree and began to violently assault one of the opposing necromancers.


    54 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would approach the rock troll and touch it. " You dead?"


    53 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Don't raise it," the ghost warned, though her eyes were on the opposing necromancers instead of Peter.


    50 minutes ago


  • Diana Diana :
    Was it the storm of flames? Was it the chicken? No one could be sure, but soon a new portal opened up and the mages fled through it. Before the portal sealed behind them, And could see a sigil on the back of the robes. Something only he as a trained necromancer might notice: A red eye. The mages were death cultists and now they had the Child Empress. But for what means?!


    50 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    With the troll stunned for the moment, Mei-ling was just about to run to And's aid, when a shout came from above. Another form, lit by a flaming sword, coming right at her! No, thankfully, at the troll. At least Mei-ling hoped it had been her target! Then she recognized the girl with the cat-ears from the inn. Seeing Peter there, Mei-ling looked to the girl with a mixture of fear and hope. "Please watch out for him?" she said, then turned and ran to And's aid. Seeing the fearsome necromancer-wizards, she ran at the one not under chicken assault or rock barrage, and lept at them with a flying side kick. But before her foot could make contact, they vanished through a portal.


    49 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "The Empress! Where is she?" Mei-ling cried; too late, she remembered the girl with the flaming sword--whose side was she truly on?


    48 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Raise it?" He asked, apparently 100% not hearing the word don't in that sentence.


    47 minutes ago

  • Loveless Loveless :
    "I'd certainly hope so!", Catherine had retorted at the little kid, it an attack of that magnitude hadn't done the trick they'd be in huge trouble! "Aye, aye~!", the girl had saluted at the woman and her request once she had taken Avell out of the creature's burnt skull and leapt out of it. The flames had been gone with the end of the spell. Wait, the Empress?? The new sentence had the werecat confused, thankfully her companion was ready with a hypothesis, "Wha- That little girl was- We've been in the right place all along??!" They weren't lost this time? What kind of weird coincidence was this?!


    43 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "No, do not," the ghost repeated.


    41 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Do."


    40 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "No."


    39 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And growled. His former master's cult? He'd robbed them plenty, and he still wore the pendant he'd taken from them. "Their base isn't far!"


    37 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Yes?"


    37 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "They have her?" Mei-ling said to And. "We...right place?" she repeated the other girl's words, which didn't seem to make much sense.


    35 minutes ago

  • Loveless Loveless :
    Catherine, and to some extend Avell too, just stood there watching this kid argue with the air. At least on the girl's point of view, the sword could sense a magical reading nearby and was quick to guess the truth. At least the woman's question had soon snapped her from bouncing gaze around. "Yes! W- I'm an adventurer and came to offer extra help after I heard of the terrible attack that happened!", Cathy had answered in the most dignified and confident way she could manage, "It's an adventurer's job to help those in need and slain great evils!", and there went her fist up in determination again. "Though, I honestly thought that I had gotten myself really... really lost."


    30 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Okay, raise it." Peter would do just that..... because he was four and had no listening skills.


    28 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And wobbled as he rose and wobbled to a rock. He spoke the password, and it slid out of the way. "Their bases are always covered by identical rocks," he grunted.


    25 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "You'll make your daddy unhappy," the ghost informed.


    25 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Okay, I no raise rock monster if daddy get sad," he replied back to the ghost


    24 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Good boy," the ghost praised with a silent sigh.


    21 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Mei-ling bowed to the adventurer-girl, saluting her with the fist of one hand placed in the palm of the other in front of her chest as she bowed. "Thank you," she said softly, then turned back to And with tears beginning to form in her eyes. I have failed! I have failed the Empress and the Temple! But And seemed to know who they were, and where their base could be found. Could he have directed them to her? she wondered. It seemed to be the simplest explanation for how they could have turned up at the exact right place and right time. But then, the adventurer-girl had also turned up fortuitously to help. Furthermore, there were probably powerful divination spells that could have provided them the needed information.


    19 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Do they...do they have to wait for some astrological conjunction before they can harm her?"


    17 minutes ago

  • Loveless Loveless :
    The reaction had taken Catherine by surprise, initially jerking her body in a near bounce, but quickly giving the woman a grin back as she sheathed Avell once more, "You're welcome~!", and then the pair just listened to the ongoing conversation, it was obvious that they had missed a lot of context and would have to catch up eventually. But hey, at least they seemed to be on the right track!


    16 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Probably. They're a superstitious bunch."


    15 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    Though there was a camp of the death cult nearby, it was not where they took the Child Empress. Clues at the camp suggested there was something quite nefarious in the works involving an ancient summoning ritual, but the details were vague. All the heroes could surmise was that maybe if they traveled to the Outskirts, they might pickup the trail or at least an idea of where to go next. ...NEXT TIME. THE SEARCH FOR THE CHILD EMPRESS BEGINS.
 
  • Thank
Reactions: Diana