ChaRP! Studio Wolf: The Mystery of Chronicle - April Thursday 22nd @ 2PM to 5PM Central

ARE YOU ATTENDING?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
studiowolf.png

STUDIO WOLF - THE MYSTERY OF CHRONICLE
THURSDAY APRIL 22ND @ 2PM - 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

*** This charp may get rescheduled if Real Life happens.

Studio Wolf is a struggling production company hoping to debut the next generation of pop and rockstars! Up until now they've never had success (to be honest most of their talent is kind of terrible), but finally one of their bands has caught on with a hot single! Solitude Winter is sure to be the best rock band yet.

During it's debut celebration party, some drugged up manager mistook three girls as the famously mediocre pop band CHRONICLE - one of which ended up being Youtube sensation Serendipity Starlight, the other actually being the super famous WING. (Of course the third is a total nobody that is now a mochi meme all over the internet. The Studio was purchased that night to cover up WING's true identity, especially after the mishandled arrests in the suspicion of Chronicle's murder?!

Big things are happening at Studio Wolf bow that there's a new owner, new managers, new staff, and fresh new talent. But one mystery remains... What happened to Chronicle?!

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: Set in the Macho Cafe universe this is an "anime" style roleplay. You can play some of the talent Studio Wolf, an employee, an employee's family member, or a guest to the studio there for a "tour of the remolded biz"! Do not play a supernatural character!

WHEN: APRIL 22ND - THURSDAY @ 2PM CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 5PM.

WHERE: Join us in the STUDIO WOLF chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a SOCIAL SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There may be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

KIMIKO AMATERASU

"I seem to be a verb."

HEIGHT: 4' 11"

HAIR COLOR: Dyed silvery white (natural: black)

EYE COLOR: Dark brown.

SKIN DETAILS: Fair skin tone, has a tattoo of a cross on the inside of her left forearm, with a passage from the Gnostic text Thunder, Perfect Mind in Koine Greek that crosses it to go around her forearm like a bracelet.

BUILD: Slender and petite with firm muscle tone.

HEALTH CONDITIONS/NOTES: Autism spectrum, ADHD

OTHER NOTABLE FEATURES: Kimiko wears futuristic clothing that usually involves the use of 3-D printing and/or unusual materials, incorporating elements of Buckminster Fuller's "Synergetic Geometry" and biomimicry with a hint of 1960's Mod aesthetic. Her color scheme is usually white, light pastel colors, or iridescent "holographic" fabrics, and sometimes she includes fiberoptics or LED lighting effects. If you ask her "What planet are you from, anyway?!" and she says "Gliese 581g--well actually most of us live in O'Neill Cylinders and the Orbital Ring!"...you just might believe her.

PERSONALITY: High-Energy | Cheerful | Very Eccentric | Optimistic | Innocent | Sense of Wonder | Kind | Spontaneous | People: How Do They Work? | Attention Zips From One Thing to the Next | Oblivious to Social Cues | Non-Conformist | Respectful to Elders | Wants to Help Create a Better World

LIKES: Electronic music | Science fiction | Psychedelics | Mysticism | Esoteric Texts | The Paranormal | Science | Technology | Sacred Geometry | Outer Space | Ecology | Clubbing | Dancing | Singing | Laughing | Design

DISLIKES: Country music | Baseball caps | Cars | Pushy, Entitled People | Narrow-Mindedness | Bigotry | Wastefulness | Clutter | Ugly or Wasteful Design

EXTRA: Kimiko produces electronic music with a futuristic, upbeat psychedelic sound, singing her own vocals. She has an album's worth of songs, all set in a science fiction universe for which she's written a novel, so that the songs and story reference each other. Unable to succeed at jumping through the hoops of the music industry, she has self-published her works. They make her a modest amount of money so far, but she has yet to attract much notice beyond a small but loyal fandom. She also has a moderately successful YouTube channel and podcast, where she gives short rhapsodic talks about "exponential technology," scientific mysticism, and the future. Her novel is a science fiction story that integrates E-8 Cosmology with Jacques Vallee's writings on the UFO phenomenon, the paranormal, along with sci-fi Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Chaos Magic, and the latest eco-technology.

Someone at Studio Wolf saw some of her YouTube videos, and invited her to the party as a step toward signing her as new talent.

Code by MaryGold. Edited by Black_Sheep & Jenamos.

Examples of Kimiko's music:

I mean I'd hope I can join but with school, who the hell knows

All my charps this month are cancelled due to an unexpected family death, I'll reschedule everything once things calm down here

I'm very sorry to hear that. My condolences. Take all the time you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.