1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
royalparade.png

THE ROYAL PARADE
JULY 16TH @ 12PM Noon Central Time​

In the beautiful country of Vundergren they host a parade once a year to celebrate the many years of peace between the participating countries of the United Peace Treaty! The capital city is bustling with excitement as this year's theme is all about masquerade. How much fun it will be running through the streets wearing ornate masks and trying to guess who is who? Or watching the royals of the continent don fancy costumes as they do the traditional walk down the square!

Of course, with such a large scale event and so many important people in town there's bound to be a little trouble. Thankfully the Royal Guard will be there at every corner to keep us safe while the denizens of Vundergren and accompanying guests get smashed off honey mead and wine.

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are playing a guest attending the parade. This is a fantasy land, you can pretty much be anything!

WHEN: JULY 16TH - THURSDAY @ 12PM NOON CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 3PM.

WHERE: Join us in the ROYAL PARADE chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a SOCIAL ROLEPLAY WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. The majority of this roleplay will just be developing your character and interacting within the setting!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Two days! 8D

This is todaaaaaay!

Logs for all!

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE ROYAL PARADE! OFFICIAL EVENT CHARP! Royal Parade - July 16th @ 12PM Noon Central
    Today at 12:30 PM​
  • Diana:
    You are attending the parade either as a city dweller, a visitor from elsewhere, and possibly even a royal noble participating in the parade.
  • Diana:
    HOT TIP: Write your character's name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who.
  • Diana:
    REMEMBER: Actions have consequences! Choose wisely how your character acts and reactions to things, for stuff will happen back!
  • Diana:
    Keep an eye on posts in this bold yellow, because they are Game Master Posts and often contain important details you need to be aware of.
  • Diana:
    KEEP IT BRIEF: Charps are an exercise in writing concise! Keep posts under ten sentences and type quickly. Don't worry about typos and doing things perfect.
    Today at 12:31 PM​
  • Diana:
    If you get lost or make a mistake, don't fret! I'm in the main chat to help guide you through anything if there is a problems. All my charps are NEWBIE FRIENDLY.
    Today at 12:31 PM​
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 12:32 PM​
  • Diana:
    The Royal Parade in the grand capital of Vundergren couldn't have been hosted on a better day. The sun shone bright in the sky, the temperature was cool, but comfortable, and the air smelled of sweetcakes and goose legs. Most of the crowds were gathered in the city square, watching as caravans of different families wandered by waving. The parade itself was nearing it's last hour, which meant some of the most famous and powerful nobles in the land were soon to do the walk.
    Today at 12:56 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline munched on a small sweet cake, watching as the caravans passed on by. The crowd was huge, but she found herself being quite content just eating and watching while she wandered.
    Today at 1:01 PM​
  • Dittles:
    Her expression couldn't be more merrier. The fragrant smells wafting from the food stalls, and the cool air accompanying it, who could ask for more? Not her. Chuckling softly, Tyraine would glance over towards her friend Adeline who seemed to be stuffing her mouth with a sweet cake. Perhaps, she'd have to get herself one as well as the two of them walked. "Are you enjoying yourself, Adeline?" She inquired curiously, her eyes glancing towards the other woman as they strolled through the crowded streets.
    Today at 1:07 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma walked around the food tables, hiding under the covers and trying not to get attention to himself. The boy hated attention from anyone. However, he did get distracted by how many women that were at the event. Why was there no handsome men?!
    Today at 1:11 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline smiled kindly at her friend Tyraine, nodding. They'd come to the parade together. "Do you want a bite?" she held out the bit she hadn't bitten into just yet.
    Today at 1:13 PM​
  • Diana:
    Next in the parade lineup was a bunch of jesters in creepy dragon masks, all playing up the energy of the crowd as they bounced around doing tricks and acrobatics. Including spitting fire and those dreadful "haha got your nose" tricks.
    Today at 1:14 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Admittedly, the whole display of jesters made Adeline nervous. She wasn't quite a fan of having her nose stolen... But she didn't have time to think about that, when she'd briefly gotten distracted by all of the noise, bumping into Kenma. She'd nearly dropped her sweet cake, immediately turning red. "Oh! I'm sorry, um, are you okay?"
    Today at 1:16 PM​
  • Dittles:
    The woman, would give her companion a small smile. "If that's alright with you." She replied, pausing to look towards the jesters walking by. Watching them walk by in lanky walks, almost as if on purpose to appease the crowd. That was until, several of them began pulling some sort of trick she had never seen before. In truth, she herself wasn't all that impressed when one in particular passed by after having done it to her. Scrunching up her nose, she'd turn her head away before giving the jester who had done it the ole' stink eye until, eventually he skittered away. Meanwhile, she'd return her attention back to Adeline blinking but, her gaze would immediately turn from her to the young man she had run into.
    Today at 1:18 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma ended up falling on his ass, letting out an **opmh** sound. He tilted his head at the women before standing up "I-Im sorry, It was my fault!" he tried to be brave. However he started to panic, struggling to talk to humans. Kenma ended up falling back down in a state of panic, how did he talk to girls?!
    Today at 1:20 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    The man had fallen over, looking quite flustered himself. It seemed like they were stuck like that for a moment: two tomato faces and Tyraine. Adeline attempted a smile, extending her free hand to help him up. "Um, no, don't worry about it. I wasn't looking where I was going... Those jesters will be the death of me."
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • Diana:
    It seemed most of the adult crowd hated the jesters, but some conversations could be overheard that "at least they were better than the clowns last year". Several cheers erupted suddenly! Another noble family was up next! These Lords and Ladies of the marshlands weren't very powerful, but they often involved in the kind of gossip everyone loved to talk about.
    Edited
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma nodded slowly and took her free hand, getting back up. He looked around "I-I don't really know much about this place, Im not supposed to be here but came anyway" he admitted. The boy got himself a glass of Vodka even though he was underage, drinking it.
    Today at 1:25 PM​
  • Dittles:
    Raising an eyebrow, she looked between the two. "Perhaps, meant more for kids than for us. Those jesters." Tyraine sighed lightly, her eyes traveling across the crowds. A slight uproar, having caught her attention when the next part of the parade came up. Judging by how an elegant design decorated it's exterior, paired by beautiful steeds, she couldn't help but recognize it as another noble's carriage. A few children followed it at least until, their parents ushered them back. Turning her gaze away, she'd look back towards the man that Adeline had bumped into. "Neither do we though, that's part of the fun isn't it?"
    Today at 1:28 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline eyed the crowd as it swelled in anticipation for the nobles. Truthfully, their appearances didn't interest her much, but perhaps this person would care? She doubted Tyraine would, regardless. When the boy was finally up, by the time Adeline had looked at him again, he was holding a drink. She frowned, smelling the scent of alcohol and exchanging a glance with her friend. "Er... I didn't know they sold such strong spirits here."
    Today at 1:29 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He would let out a playful giggle, now becoming quite drunk from what he had just swallowed "Im a kid myself you know!". Kenma thought for a moment "Im Kenma and im only fifteen" he said before letting out a hickup.
    Today at 1:31 PM​
  • Dittles:
    The red-headed lady, would blink before glancing towards Adeline. Had the boy really just confessed that he was underage? Not only that but, her uneasy gaze glanced down at the glass before, back up to him. "Well, sir. I'm not exactly... A child." She spoke slowly, rolling her tongue in a way he could understand in his intoxicated state. "Plus, I think you should have a sweet cake instead... Don't you?" Tyraine chuckled, moving to drape an arm across the young man's back. Her real intentions however, would be to snatch up the partial empty glass.
    Today at 1:35 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Drunk so soon? Adeline shuffled nervously, watching as the underage boy continued to drink in front of them. Oh, she was not good at dealing with things like these. "Um..." she started, but it seemed Tyraine understood. She watched as the other attempted to retrieve the glass, attempting to look normal about the whole thing.
    Today at 1:38 PM​
  • Diana:
    In many places no one cares about children drinking. But in the country of Vundergren, sixteen is generally acceptable. ...This young man definitely isn't sixteen yet, and he's drinking some of the strongest vodka in the country!
    Today at 1:42 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The blonde haired boy would watch her announce that she wasn't a kid, hiccuping "I never said you were a kid" pouting softly. Kenma now had a flush on his cheeks, drinking more of the glass that he shouldn't have had before. He heard them mention cake and imideitly perked up "C-Cake! Yes please!" he said excietedly, eyes starting to sparkle like he was in some sort of anime. Kenma noticed they were trying to steal his glass and pulled away, acting like a child "THIS IS MY GLASS, DONT TAKE IT!"
    Today at 1:43 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline made a face, embarrassed as the boy began to yell, causing quite a ruckus, even in the loud crowd. She reached for the glass with her free hand as the boy pulled away from Tyraine, trying her hardest to be helpful to her friend. "You can have the rest of my sweet cake if you just give me your glass-" Her attempt at a scolding tone wasn't particularly strong, but she managed to get a hand on the boy's wrist.
    Today at 1:46 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma would hiss like he was a cat, whimpering and whining when she grabbed his wrist and took his drink "that was mine!" he yelled like a toddler. He was causing quite a ruckass but not one that would alert other people in the crowd. The blonde haired boy would start to sulk, folding his arms and pouting "your a meanie!" he sniffled, starting to cry.
    Today at 1:48 PM​
  • Diana:
    G A S P. SUddenly the crowd sounded surprised and whispering echoed through all the little groups of people. It seemed, a particularly interesting royal noble was about to do the walk!
    Today at 1:50 PM​
  • Dittles:
    Blinking, she'd stare at the young blonde with a blank face. His cheeks were flushed red, voice loopy, and his eyelids looked more than a little lidded. "Oh?" She hummed, glancing towards his glass with a slight frown when he took another swig. It must have given her away because, she would watch Kenma pull away from her resting arm. Thankfully, Adeline had decided to take action while she herself took a step forwards. Glancing around, hoping not many were drawn by his insistent screeching, she'd turn to Kenma. "Listen, darlin'. How about we get you a few fresh sweet cakes in return?"
    Today at 1:50 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma continued to sniffle and cry, rubbing his face as one of the women offered some sweet cakes. He thought about it before nodding "O-Okay....If you say so" grumbling under his breath. The child was a spoiled one, he hated not getting his own way but at the same time, he was shy and rather naive.
    Today at 1:51 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Stuffing the rest of her sweet cake in her mouth, Adeline used both of her hands to get the boy's drink, now holding it herself... Despite not particularly knowing what to do with it, especially with that horrid whining of his, especially when the crowd was quieting. Thankfully, Tyraine had it under control. Adeline stepped closer to Tyraine, frowning, "Er... What do I do with this?" she whispered, holding up the half-empty glass. The smell of the alcohol within was overwhelming.
    Today at 1:52 PM​
  • Diana:
    Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... was nothing more than a 9 year old child, wearing a heavy bear fur cloak and a crown that was clearly far too large for her head. Still, she walked with her chin up flanked at every side by a host of guards. No one expected the child to be there, not in her first year as a ruler, but her advisors had insisted it was a good idea.
    Today at 1:53 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He looked up at the glass with his runny eyes, sniffling "you took my drink away... meanie!". Kenma wanted it back because it tasted awfully sweet and it was rather addictive. The boy ended up getting away from both of them for a short second, sitting under the table where he couldn't be seen. The male ended up getting another glass and starting to drink again.
    Today at 1:56 PM​
  • Diana:
    Clearly, what the boy had gotten into wasn't actually vodka, but the wonderful sweet wine imported in. Good in it not being the strong vodka, but bad because wine drunk was a bad drunk to be.
    Today at 1:59 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    The group of guards moving through the crowd alerted Adeline to the presence of the Empress herself... Who was a child. Right. She'd heard the murmurs, but she was certainly... Far younger than she'd assumed when the whispers had stated "child". She thought maybe 12 or something of that nature! Regardless, the boy managed to get away from them, making Adeline sigh deeply. "Are we supposed to babysit this boy?" she mumbled, looking to Tyraine, the boy's previous glass still in her hand. "He's getting drunker by the minute."
    Today at 2:00 PM​
  • Diana:
    "What an adorable child!" A young woman nearby said. "This was a bad idea," someone else whispered to a friend. "She is the last heir to her country!" Something shiny glinted from a window high above the crowd. ...wait, was that an arrow being aimed down below?!
    Today at 2:01 PM​
  • Dittles:
    The corner of her lip twitched, most likely in irritation. She wanted to watch the parade. That was after all, why she as well as Adeline had snuck out to be here. Opening her mouth, Tyraine wanted to say something but, fell short. She hadn't had the time to do so. Their little brat, decided to flee from them, and hide himself underneath one of the nearby tables. Slapping her right palm to her face, she'd grit her teeth, fuming. "He's really not our problem." She agreed, looking to Adeline. "But,-" The young woman began, only to be cut off by another young woman's voice. Blinking, she closed her partially agape mouth, eyes narrowing as she looked towards the crowd. Turning away from Kenma, Tyraine's eyes soon looked towards the slight glint coming through one of the windows.
    Today at 2:03 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma didn't care that they knew he had left, he was sipping at the alcohol. He got drunk rather easily which would cause a mess for these two lovely ladies. The male ended up with his whole cheeks red, stumbling over to the ladies and crashing into Adeline, knocking her off her feet and if that wasn't enough already, he puked on her.
    Today at 2:10 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    It was true, he wasn't their problem, specifically... But now he was, considering the fact that he'd bumped straight into Adeline and vomited all over her nice dress. The shock took a moment to process, her yelp erupting from her throat when she'd taken the tumble, but the wetness now coating her clothes quickly brought her back to reality. Almost instinctively, she shoved the boy off of her, her face bright red. "What is your problem?" she rambled, mortified, only pausing when a glint of light hit her eye. What was that? She'd spilled the glass she'd been holding, leaving a mess all around them, but she was quite certain the light was coming from above.
    Today at 2:14 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma hit his head on the ground, whimpering at the impact but it did set him right a little bit. He looked over at Adeline and the puke that was now on her pretty dress "I-I-I...Im sorry...." He apologised with horror in his face, why the hell did he drink what he drank?! Kenma still felt a little loopy considering how much of the strong alcohol he had consumed, puking on the floor this time.
    Today at 2:16 PM​
  • Diana:
    PFFFFT! It was indeed an arrow! It fired down into the parade, nearly hitting the tiny child Empress. Screams erupted into all directions as those creepy jester in their dragon masks suddenly all pulled up weapons. People started running everywhere! "Guard the Empress!" a guard shouted.
    Today at 2:17 PM​
  • Dittles:
    Her stomach churned, when her attention was pulled away from the child. Soon enough, her eyes looked at the puke that now covered the front of Adeline's dress. Well, it was ruined now. The smell however, was truly horrid but, she could only stare at the boy with a slight frown. "This is wh--," Tyraine began, flinching when a sudden uproar of screams came from the crowd. Soon, people pushing past, and scattering amongst one another as the guards surrounded the child. Over the blur of various different colors rushing past, she barely had time to notice that the jesters from earlier, were now armed.
    Edited
    Today at 2:19 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The boy was spooked by what was happening, hearing all the chaos....what the hell was happening?! He sat up all groggy, glancing at the two women before looking over at the creepy jesters. Why did the Jesters have guns? What the fuck was this place?! Kenma looked at the guards that surrounded the small child, she was even younger then him!
    Edited
    Today at 2:22 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Everything that could've gone wrong was going wrong. Adeline barely had time to find something to help her clean herself up, with the crowd going into a frenzy as screams erupted. The jesters unsheathed weapons, making her heart nearly stop in her chest. Quickly, she forgot both her dirtied clothes and the drunk boy, grabbing at Tyraine's wrist, "We have to run, now!" she said hurriedly, fear in her expression.
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • Diana:
    So much screaming! As the jesters with swords stabbed their way through the crowd trying to get to the child empress, the guards were attempted to push their way through and protect their monarch. People were shoving each other to flee and some brave souls were trying to fight the jesters.
    Today at 2:27 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma gasped when they left him, what the hell! He was a child! "Stupid adults" he mumbled under his breath, trying to think on what the hell he could do. He ended up puking for the last time, a groan escaping him. However because he wasnt thinking straight, Kenma did the most stupidest thing he could ever have done. He reached for a rock that was in his arm length then threw it at the lead jester, yelling "STOP ATTACKING RANDOM PEOPLE FOR A CHILD , YOU PUSSIES!" , tumbling back over.
    Today at 2:29 PM​
  • Dittles:
    The young woman, stared angrily at the jesters in their silly masks. "Why, is it that every time we try to enjoy ourselves. Shit like this happens." She cursed furiously, her velveteen-lashes shading those icy-eyes of hers. First the drunk boy, and now armed jesters which people had already boo'd from earlier. Perhaps, they wanted revenge. Nevertheless, her attention was pulled away from the chaos to her friend who had gripped her wrist. "What, now?" Tyraine scoffed, pulling her hand back to look back at the parade. "We're getting to the best part!" She frowned, noticing a few of the citizens in the crowd fighting back against the now advancing jesters. Glancing around, her eyes soon landed on the sweet cake that had rested on the ground from where Adeline had fell. Picking it up, she'd smirk at Adeline, only to turn and throw the pastry at one of the advancing jesters.
    Today at 2:29 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Someone who'd been stabbed suddenly grabbed their attacker. Another corpse did the same, bear-hugging the jester. More and more, the dead began to rise and disable the attacking jesters, some before they even hit the ground.
    Today at 2:30 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Nearby, an old man hid in the shadows, a chicken on his shoulder pecking at his messy hair. This man was And, a necromancer who got caught up in the festivities on his way to a bookstore.
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Diana:
    The jesters had no fear of the dead rising, for they were on a mission. They fought their way through the zombies, even as some of the crowd rebelled and tried to fight them off. The child empress's guards too were part of the fight, trying to help people run and escape. But... oh no! Where did the child empress disappear to!? She wasn't with her guards!
    Today at 2:32 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline quite valued being alive. She certainly did enjoy not being impaled by jesters and she planned on making sure she didn't do that... But Tyraine seemed to have other ideas, throwing a cake. Adeline gasped aloud, fear flooding her body, but the surprises kept coming. The dead began to rise, adding even more panic to the ruckus. Still, Adeline wouldn't abandon her friend, nervously sticking close to her. "Tyraine, it's not safe here," she pleaded, tugging on her dress, "I don't even know how to fight!"
    Today at 2:33 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma noticed that the child wasn't there anymore, stumbling to his feet and starting to look around. He stayed away from all the jesters as he searched for her, kids should stick together right?! However, the drunken boy who could have a concussion managed to bump into an old man.
    Today at 2:34 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The dead rose again, always aiming to disable the jesters rather than kill. Most of them had been unarmed in life, anyway. And oversaw his undead, right until a distraction bumped into him. Strong arms wrapped around the young man and pulled him away from the fray. "Stay hidden," he ordered sharply, eyes on the chaos.
    Today at 2:36 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The boy was rather startled when these strong arms wrapped around him, struggling like an idiot because he thought he was getting kidnapped. He kicked the old man's right kneecap, "L-Let me go" he ordered, hicuping as he fell on his ass.
    Today at 2:38 PM​
  • Diana:
    A small little face peered out from under a table near the two ladies. The giant crown was gone and so was the massive bear cloak, but the nine year old empress was still recognizable in her violet gown. She seemed to be frantically looking for a place to run to.
    Today at 2:38 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And hissed, then glared at the boy. "Fine," he grunted, then practically threw the by further into the alley. The chicken fluttered after the boy, then started to peck violently at him, because how dare he hurt her husband! Even if And didn't feel the same way about her...
    Today at 2:41 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The boy would hiss again, violently screaming at the chicken and drawing some attention to himself from other people in the surroundings. Kenma grabbed her by her wing and threw her at the wall "Bad chicken!", scolding her like she was a dog
    Today at 2:43 PM​
  • Dittles:
    They were so persistent. Stabbing through crowds, and... corpses? Blinking, she had to do a re-take yet, her companion was right. Things were escalating out of control. Tsking, she'd look to her friend but, paused. Another child, one familiar yet, so much smaller than the previous was hiding under a table nearby. Grumbling, she would have wanted to just leave the scene yet, they couldn't just leave them be. Hurrying over, Tyraine would grab the smaller girl by the wrist before tugging her to her feet. "Come on, stick with us. We'll get you out of here." Tyraine sighed, looking to Adeline before gesturing for her friend to hurry.
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • Diana:
    Running was a good idea, for now the Knights of Vundergren had descended into the square to try and help quell the chaos. Flee! Flee while you can!
    Today at 2:46 PM​
  • Diana:
    The child looked up at Tyraine with wide scared eyes and didn't say a word, but she nodded and stayed close to her and Adeline.
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A whisper by Tyraine's ear carried the voice of a dead child from the crowd. "I'm scared! I'm scared!" The child started to attack, but And reached out a hand in that direction, and the child went quiet, then turned and looked at And. "Oh... Someone nice..." She began to fly towards And, sometimes through people, until And caught her and hugged her.
    Today at 2:48 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And spoke to the little ghost. "Hush, now. What comes next is your choice. Please rest," he urged.
    Today at 2:49 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul squawked and flew right back at the bad-natured boy, wings flapping wildly and beak ready for action until a sudden click of And's tongue stopped her in her tracks. She looked back at him. "Get back here, you damned bird," And muttered, and she obeyed.
    Today at 2:50 PM​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Cowering under the table near them, in all the chaos... Was the Empress herself. Adeline's heart immediately broke, seeing the fear in the girl's face, stumbling over through the mess with Tyraine, who seemed to have the same idea. With the young girl agreeing to go with them, there was only one question... Where to? Adeline's gaze searched through the crowd, before seeing an opening a bit further to the right, pushing through the mob. "This way!" she exclaimed.
    Today at 2:50 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma watched from the background, he was frightened of the whole situation in general....maybe he should just get more wine and flop unconscious. He did consider doing this but stopped himself when he realised what he had just done to that poor bird "Im sorry for hurting your bird....Im kind of drunk" he giggled. The boy must of seemed off his head.
    Today at 2:51 PM​
  • Dittles:
    Tugging the girl along, she followed her companion through the crowd. The child was a little slow for her taste so, she eventually found herself carrying the nine-year old bridal style. Thankfully, she weighed next to nothing as they began to flee the scene. Ignoring clashing of steel, jesters, and of course the undead. Whatever was happening well, Tyraine wanted no part of it now. The jesters had been one thing yet, she didn't fancy staying around should the undead decide to cannibalize them afterwards.
    Today at 2:53 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "She's fine... For now, stay hidden," And urged. He watched the two people who'd found the little Empress. He used his magic to instruct the undead to open a path to the alley he lurked in, but didn't shout.
    Today at 2:53 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    If he shouted, And thought the jesters and any other attackers would head to him. Best to be quiet.
    Today at 2:54 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma nodded and decided to crawl, not wanting to cause a scene with his wobbly walking. The boy was actually starting to listen for once, was it because he was scared? No one knows!
    Today at 2:56 PM​
  • Diana:
    The child clung to Tyraine, saying not a single word and practically shaking with fear. Luckily she was such a tiny thing for a nine year old!
    Today at 2:59 PM​
  • Diana:
    With the small group sequestered in the alley, they seemed to be safely out of sight of the crowds, guards, and murderous jesters. They could still hear the screams in the near-distance though. There must have been more than just the jesters hiding in wait for the assassination. The group had a tiny empress that was in danger. What do they do next?!
    Today at 3:00 PM​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma heard the scream and found himself trembling "W-What do we do?" he asked in no more then a whisper. The boy wanted to be able to do something but with his noodle legs and intoxicated mind, there was no way he could do anything!
    58 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Now in an alleyway, they were further from the imminent danger but it was clear that the threat still lingered. The screaming made Adeline cringe, throwing a glance back but trying not to get too distracted. "... Should we hide her in a building, Tyraine?" she looked to her friend for her input on the plan, eyes scanning the buildings nearby to see if there was anywhere they could get the Empress out of sight.
    56 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    It was just wonderful! First, sneaking out to come watch the parade. Second, she was stuck with yet, another child. And lastly, undead were showing up to fight the said jesters. Some parade. Still, she felt relived when they found some form of shelter. At least, from any arrows that might hit them in the back. Looking behind them, making sure nobody had followed, her gaze soon landed on a strange old man-- and that brat from earlier. Which still seemed intoxicated. "No," Tyraine began, looking to her companion. "We'd get trapped in it."
    54 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And greeted the trio of newcomers. "Here," he said as he stepped nearer to them, "I'll cover you." He removed his shirt, revealing the muscles of someone who worked out regularly, the brands of a necromancer, and a ruby amulet on a silver chain, and offered it over. "Put this on the girl and roll up the sleeves. They're looking for a girl with a purple dress." His blue-eyed gaze moved to the drunk boy. "You know the city? Take them somewhere safe. I'll cover you." His voice was harsh and abrupt from lack of socialization, but his expression was gentle.
    51 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma noticed that the two ladies had the princess on their back, watching her tremble in fear. And was being so kind to the newcomers but shook his head when he asked about him knowing this city "I-I wasn't supposed to be here.....I don't know the city very well at all"
    50 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "Are we going to die?" The child ask in a tiny voice, looking her wide eyes at Tyraine as if she were the Empress and not herself. At the older man and his shirt, she didn't look too keen or trusting. The little empress clung to Tyraine.
    50 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    The kid who had vomited on her was there, which had caught her attention, but Adeline tried not to pay him any attention. She wasn't one to hold grudges, but frankly, she was pissed that he'd taken it upon himself to cause such trouble and ruin the only pretty dress she owned. And then there was the old man in the alley, a new mystery on his own. Still, there were other problems at hand. Tyraine's input made her frown, but she nodded. "You're right..." But then the old man began to speak. She blinked, shocked at his words, but looked to Tyraine, making a face, "I... I suppose we should try to get to the outskirts of the city then?"
    50 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    The young red-headed lady, narrowed her pointed gaze at the elderly man though, more so when he stripped himself of his shirt. "..." Saying nothing, she would glance at the shirt as he handed it over. "No," Tyraine replied sternly, looking down at the young child with a straight face. "Otherwise, we'd already be dead." She scoffed coldly, momentarily letting the small child stand on her own two feet. Turning to the strange man, she'd take the shirt from him, glancing back to the young child. "He's right. If they're looking for you, sugar. We need to put you in a disguise. Stand still for me, okay?" Tyraine hummed softly, kneeling while tugging the young girl's dress up, and over her head. Preventing the elderly man, intoxicated boy, and Adeline herself from peeking past her frame. Soon enough, she stood once again, small girl in her arms with the shirt on in how the man had wanted it. Not much of a disguise but, still better than a dress.
    44 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma looked at Adeline, he had vomited on her dress and felt guilty about it, not speaking to her. He went silent and started thinking about what the hell they were going to do, if they went out that way then they would be killed. Then it all clicked, there was a house around here that had a hatch in it, if they could get in that hatch then they would be safe. Kenma stumbled to his feet and started walking away from them all "Im going to try and find a way out for us all" he mumbled.
    41 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "This shirt smells like chickens," complain the Empress. At least for Tyraine she was willing to talk and behave, but she still gave the older man and the teenage boy plenty of dissastified looks. The chicken, on the other hand, she was immediately very interested in!
    41 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And blinked, then shook his head with a small smile. "It would have fit over the dress, but good call. Hide it so it's not found by the pursuers, either with you or not. A few dirt smudges to her hair and face should help the disguise. "Keep Paul with you. She'll protect small children, even if she hates women."
    40 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The old man picked up the chicken and offered her to the empress. "Paul, be nice. This girl needs help. I'll come get you later."
    40 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I'm sooo late! This is going to be a disaster!" Mei-Ling muttered as she hurried toward the grand avenue where the parade was supposed to be held. The winds had picked the worst possible time to die down, and so the young Ambassador of the Jade Temple found herself running as fast as she could without making a complete mess of her formal silk robes. But as she approached, she heard...screams? People started running past her in a panic, jostling her as their numbers grew. Mei-Ling was knocked back, stumbling into an alley, where there was a group of people...with a child. "Excuse me, what is..." Then she noticed certain details. One of the males appeared to be drunk, and one of the females had vomit on her dress. And most importantly, there was a child with them...and one of them was putting a shirt on her to conceal her gown. "Is that...the Empress?" Mei-Ling sank into a back stance and shifted her sigil-inscribed jade staff into a guard position.
    39 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked and stared at the little empress, then stopped and stared at the newcomer. The bird stared, then lunged at Mei-Ling, wings flapping and beak pecking.
    38 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The child hugged the chicken at least until it flew out of her arms to attack, looking at Mei-Ling with a lofty frown. "I am Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of my name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins." Probably not a good thing for her to announce to anyone, but she was just a nine year old child, now without her guards and her royal advisors.
    36 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    There was really too much going on. Adeline was frazzled, stuck close to Tyraine as the chicken was offered to the child, but it escaped towards the new lady who had approached. "We... We don't have time for this...!" she sighed in exasperation, seeing that the chicken seemed to be needed for the sake of keeping the Empress from worrying, since she was visibly interested in it. "Let's get the chicken and go!"
    36 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    "Chickens, still smell better than death." She mumbled, rolling her eyes at the child's comment. "...Paul?" Tyraine blinked, raising a brow but, soon stared blankly at a chicken that had been handed to them. Looking up from the empress, chicken, she'd look at the man as if he was nuts. A chicken?! How the hell was that going to help them? Sighing, she decided not to ask rather, they needed to get going. "Whatever, let's get going." She frowned, beginning to walk yet, paused upon seeing another woman. "Yes, now if you missed eve-" Tyraine began, only to stare eye twitching as the chicken suddenly lunged at the newcomer. Growling, she'd clutch the child a little tighter, ignoring the scene happening in front of them as she rushed past. "C'mon, Paul! Leave her alone we got more important things to do! You can peck someone's eyes out later!"
    34 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    The last thing Mei-Ling expected was to be attacked by a chicken. She tried using blocks and kicks at reduced strength to fend the bird off without hurting it. Through the blur of feathered wings and talons, she saw that the Empress was clinging to one of the people she was with. "Empress, are you alright?"
    34 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Paul! Down! Friend!" And ordered, and Paul became peaceful... though not without some attitude in her beady birdy eyes.
    33 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "Come, Paul! We must away to safety!" called the little Empress until she finally had the chicken clutched safely in her arms again. She eyed Mei-Ling distrustfully, but she nodded quickly.
    31 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I am Ambassador Mei-Ling of the Jade Temple. My ship was late...what is happening here?" she said, glad that the bird had ceased its attacks and the Empress did not seem to be being kidnapped.
    31 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma was already off, looking for this house that he remembered and he found it within minutes of searching. The boy however turned around to be met by two jesters, trembling at how angry they seemed. Kenma bit his lip before shouting out “I know where she is!” In a state of panic.
    30 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And looked to the girl and knelt. "Don't introduce yourself to strangers for now. You're in danger. Stay safe and hidden with these people."
    30 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A couple undead lunged at the jesters from behind and pinned their arms, then smacked the two together. The undeads' heads weren't attached all the way anymore.
    29 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The jesters cornering Kenma, who stupidly wandered away from the group, pointed their weapons at him. "Where is the Empress, then?!" They demanded to know. "Lie to us and die." At least until the undead knocked them unconscious.
    28 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    With the chicken safely in the Empress' arms again, Adeline tugged at Tyraine's dress. "Let's go!" she exclaimed, turning to Mei-Ling with something akin to determination in her eyes, "Either come with us to protect the Empress or stay behind to fend those things off, please."
    27 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We are allies," Mei-Ling said. "I will help protect you to the best of my ability. But I am not a warrior," the young woman said nervously.
    27 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma watched in shock before running off but he had stupidly gone the wrong way, right into more Jesters. He looked at them with confidence "I know where the Empress is....Just dont attack me okay!" he yelled. The boy looked at them and hoped they would take his bait.
    27 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    "Blah blah blah." She snapped irritated, now very annoyed by people with such long titles. "Well, it seems like we're being attacked." Tyraine feigned innocence, while her long strides carried them hurriedly across the pavement after replying to Mei-Ling. Ignoring Kenma, as well as the scuffle happening behind them. For now, she, Adeline, and the empress needed to find somewhere to hide or some sort of transport. "Hmm... Which way?" She growled quietly, her eyes darting about until she spotted a carriage. "There! Let's borrow that."
    26 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Yes," Mei-Lin said, following Adeline so she could stay close to the Empress. "If we can get to the port, my ship can take us to sea."
    25 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    These jesters pretty much had the exact same threats to make. They wanted to know where the child Empress was, or they were just going to kill him on the spot.
    25 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The carriage seemed to be safe and without passengers or creepy jesters nearby. It was there was the taking!
    23 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline would've laughed at Tyraine being so quick to brush off titles, but the situation was a bit too dire for that. She followed behind quickly, leaving the group behind and nodding when Tyraine pointed out the carriage. Quickly, Adeline climbed up, putting her hands out so Tyraine could hand her the Empress. "You can drive this thing, right?" she asked her friend, trying to get situated so they could make their quick escape.
    23 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    So far she had seen only glimpses of the apparent combatants--fighters in peculiar costumes, and undead. But she hadn't seen enough to know which force were the attackers, unless it was both.
    22 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma heard what they said and what threats they made, looking around "She was saved by these women who scurried into that back ally, if you get there quickly then she will probably still be there" he told them which was the truth. It seemed like Kenma was going to get the Empress dead but that wasn't his intention. The boy was taught how to defend himself back when he was with his aweful rescuers. The boy was not aware that they had left the ally already.
    22 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And frowned as the spirits of the dead relayed to him Kenma's doings. He glanced back to the others. "Get going," he ordered, "The dead are on your side."
    20 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    On Kenma's tip, the jesters ran off towards the alley as quick as they could. They were now on the trail of the Empress and the others, if they don't hurry!
    20 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    Lifting the small child up, she'd hand the girl to her friend who was ready. "Go with her okay? I have to drive." She smiled sweetly, for once. Glancing at Adeline, she shrugged. "Probably, though shouldn't be too hard." Tyraine chuckled, seemingly joking... or not? Pulling herself into the seat, she'd glance at Mei-Ling, reigns now in hand. "Just get inside." She sighed, wondering why it was she was the one babysitting. After that, she waited for the others to get inside, only then did she crack the reigns.
    19 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma smirked and walked around to find his backpack that he had left behind, grabbing it and pulling it to the side where he was safe. He opened the backpack and pulled out a gun, shoving enough amo into his pockets. He began to follow where the jesters had gone, shooting one in the back of the head without giving any mercy.
    18 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The Empress settled in the carriage with her new chicken friend, Paul. She still looked a little scared, but the adults had everything in hand so far. She hoped!
    18 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling climbed into the carriage and positioned herself to cast spells. Once the carriage got underway, she traced her hands to form a sigil in the air, then unleashed it, causing a wall of fire to appear across the road behind them. It was only an illusion, but hopefully the attackers would not know that...
    18 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked and kept alert, head darting in every direction as she, like a guard dog, kept watch.
    18 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And scowled as he called a dead child's body to put on the empress's dress. She looked faintly like the empress, but covered in blood, it would have to be good enough.
    17 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    It seems like this fifteen year old garbage teenager was faking his drunkeness after all! (And clearly just like ruining the nice dresses of pretty ladies.)
    16 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Meanwhile, the rising dead worked their best to occupy and disable the attackers, and as those attackers fell, their bodies joined the undead.
    16 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline held onto the Empress, seating her down beside her in the carriage and keeping an arm around her, just to be safe. The moment Mei-Ling joined them, the reigns cracked and Tyraine had them set off. The ride was bumpy, but stable enough for her to trust in Tyraine's ability to keep it from tipping over. "Don't worry." she cooed softly to the child, "We'll get out of here soon. Just sit tight."
    16 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma began to run from the jesters, he was going to die if he didnt get the hell out of here. He ran back to where his backpack was, grabbing it and tossing it onto his shoulders. The child ran straight threw and managed to get down a different ally, holding the gun tightly.
    14 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Well...so much for an easy assignment! Mei-Ling thought. This was her first assignment, chosen because the Temple had long had a peaceful relationship with Vundergren. But now Mei-Ling couldn't help but feel she was in way over her head.
    13 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Do we know who is doing this? Or why?" Mei-Ling asked.
    13 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The undead child, dressed to match the Empress, melted into the ground, then rose again among the chaos, hidden under a table. She sobbed, acting as And directed with his magic. They'd need a diversion.
    12 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    Tyraine didn't seem too bothered, more annoyed. Thankfully, everyone else was busy preoccupying the jesters looking for them. The bottom of her dress was muddy, sweat glistened on her neck, and now she had more than one person to look after. At least, their way was clear enough. For now, anyways. "After this, I'm not dealing with anymore kids." She muttered in disgust though, she didn't really mean what she said. If anything, she was just in a foul mood.
    12 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    With Kenma's intentions being unclear, he had someone giving chase - but being smart enough not to get within a bullet's range. Meanwhile, the carriage was making it's way towards the city's gate without anyone being aware the Empress was inside. Will they make it through the gates, though? The city guard are trying to lock the city down!
    11 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The empress-dressed undead child made a run for it at a time when some jesters were looking that way.
    Edited
    9 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    STAB! The Empress decoy child was suddenly speared through with an arrow. No one seemed to be aware that she wasn't the real Empress.
    8 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma watched the gates starting to close and narrowed his eyes, he needed to get out those gates to stay alive. He looked at the guard "Open the gate or I will shoot you" he threatened, the gun was clearly loaded and ready to shoot if Kenma chose too. He sighed softly, this hadn't been as fun as he hoped. All he wanted was a boy who could taken advantage of him!
    8 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The child dropped to the ground and artfully coughed up blood.
    7 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A few of the undead nearby who still had voice boxes and the ability to speak began to shout "The empress! They killed her!" and other suchlike. And really, really hoped this would stop pursuit...
    6 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    They were trained guards, unafraid of a teenager with a pistol. But the scuffle was enough of a distraction that the carriage could get through before the gates were closed!
    6 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The boy didn't really know how to get out of this situation, it seemed that the guards were trained and well prepared.
    5 minutes ago​
  • PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline saw the gates approaching as the carriage continued to quickly be driven away from the mob. "Hold on tight..." she said softly to the Empress, gripping the side of the carriage as their speed picked up, since the guards were in the middle of trying to close the gates.
    3 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "This is an Ambassadorial Carriage for the Jade Temple! Let us through!" Mei-Ling said, casting an image of the Jade Temple sigil into the air; seeing as this was a special spell that non-initiates could not replicate accurately, it was used for authentication purposes
    3 minutes ago​
  • Dittles:
    The carriage sped up, when she herself noticed the gates closing. On top of that, she noticed the boy from earlier. "Perfect." Tyraine chuckled, cracking the reigns yet, again. The ride had been bumpy before but, now? Her passengers, would most likely be flying around in their seats. The hooves of the horses thundered powerfully against the stones, letting out annoyed snorts by the cracking of the reigns yet, did little to resist.
    3 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma was for sure that he would get arrasted but nope, he managed to grab onto the back of the carriage at the last minute, slipping the gun back into his backpack.
    1 minute ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And began to use his undead to round up and capture any attackers he could. The undead themselves acted as the ropes, wrapping their bodies around to pin the jesters' and archers' arms to their sides with big, blood-covered bearhugs.
    1 minute ago​
  • Diana:
    As the carriage sped away out of the city, inside it's walls the city guard were finally getting things back under control. Assuming their mission was successful, the assassins that weren't caught escaped. It wasn't until much later in the day did anyone realize the dead Empress was not actually the real Empress at all. The Empress was presumed missing or kidnapped, which was NOT good news for Vundergren, as she was a visiting royal, nor was it good for her own country, for their only heir to thrown was now lost in the world. TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR A ROYAL SEARCH?

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH ME BABBINS. 8D It was a good charp. Good enough to earn itself a sequel! So I'll be schedule another one for a Tuesday or Thursday in August. Keep on the look out.

@Diana Pleas on a Tuesday. I can fully RP on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.