1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
machocafe.png

MACHO CAFE - AN AUTUMN HAUNTING?
NOVEMBER SUNDAY THE 29th @ 2PM TO 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

Fujimoto Hinata is an old woman, but she runs a very successful cafe. The theme? Macho Men! If you're a guy that doesn't mind being ogled by cafe guests, come on in and work for Fujimotosama!

There is a rumor going around that Ryuuji has a fiance and he's been real grumpy since his boyfriend made a scene at the cafe, so no one has been brave enough to ask! There have been several strange and spooky things happening at the cafe as well. Could it be sabatage or something more creepy?

But the cafe MUST go on and continue serving it's loyal guests! This week's theme at the cafe is Autumn Butlers. Handsome gentleman serving up the best hot drinks and cakes in town.

EVENT INFO

This is an ON-GOING Charp & Forum roleplay that's just meant as silly character developing fun! You absolutely DO NOT need to read any backlogs or know what's happened in the past to join in. But if you want to you can check out our information thread here in this link to find bios, past charp logs, and a link to the forum rp thread.

This is a SOCIAL ROLEPLAY WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. The majority of this roleplay will just be developing your character and interacting within the setting!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

dcmj8dc-62e68966-797f-4658-ab1c-be0958283c07.png

Nickolaus Caeg
17/Male

Full Name: Nickolaus Morris Caeg
Nicknames: Nic, Nick, Nicholas. (He doesn't really like these) Ca, Cae.
Horoscope: Aries
Birthday: April 17th
Sexuality: Closet Homosexual
Height: 5' 6'' (167cm)
Blood Type: AB+
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Mental State: Highly possessive, prone to narcissistic and stalkerish tendencies
Traits: Has a knack for ‘hitting where it hurts’ in arguments
Skills: Being a walking encyclopedia and dictionary, all in one. Math (and most times faster than a calculator!). Knowing all of the constellations by memory.
Hobbies: Stargazing, Reading science articles (especially if they’re space-related).
Habits: Pushing his glasses up when he’s about to show off share some interesting info.

Personality: Nickolaus is the type of person that knows they’re smarter than most and doesn’t try to hide it, quite the opposite, it’s more like the teenager takes pride in showing off at every given opportunity. He will fix everyone’s typos and grammar on the go, yet not actually teach the other person about what they did wrong. That is unless they express confusion over it, then you can expect this guy to do so, nonchalantly, as if it was the most obvious and basic thing of the world. If they feel dumb, congratulations! Objective completed!
If correcting typos weren’t enough, Nickolaus is the perfect example of an annoying know-it-all, spouting trivia no one has asked for every other time, even about subjects he doesn’t quite understand all that much. If it turns out he’s wrong? Welp, forget admitting things! His ego just wouldn’t allow it, nah, the most you get is a half-made excuse and a change of subject… Oh, and if he’s ever put ‘against a wall’ for whatever might be the reason, he lashes out.

See, Cae likes to think that he’s got it all going for him, that he’s the center of the world and should be treated as such. To be suddenly pulled down from his delusional pedestal is an attack worse than death and so when it happens, Nickolaus feels personally threatened, cornered and things are blown irrationally out of proportion. That when harsh truths are usually said under scoffs. There’s not really a distinction between friend and enemy at this point, there’s just him and his wounded, aching ego. If it takes dragging someone else down to the mud to fix this, then so be it.

In contrast to the teen’s harsh, ice-cold core, the usual Nickolaus is at a first glance, just an annoying geek, who takes delight in correcting people and is a big suck-up for the rules. Oh yeah, don’t let this fellow see anyone break any type of moral code or school rules, he won’t hesitate to tattle on people either.

Backstory: Being the only son of a couple of Philippine descendants, Nickolaus was raised under the strict order of a typical Asian family. It wasn't difficult to figure out that if he acted properly he'd get praised and if he acted badly he'd get punished and like most children of a young age, the boy longed to make his parents proud of him. As such, Cae never missed a class, often made research on the subjects in class on his own and would bring his findings to the next lessons, impressing both teachers and other students alike.

Eventually, what had started as an innocent call for his parents' attention had devolved into something else. Praise and recognition were great and he wanted more of that. The teen strived to be the top of his class and when that hadn't been enough he worked extra hard to be the number one student of the whole school. There was absolutely nothing that he couldn't accomplish. On top of doing research on his own accord, the boy had also joined and excelled at both the Academic Decathlon team and the Chess club, though he got tired of the later one pretty fast, deeming it not challenging enough.

Friendships were never really a worry to him, and though other hard-working students just naturally orbited around Nickolaus he never really considered them his friends, just acquaintances at best. When girls confessed their love to him, he would kindly turn them down, unable to reciprocate their feelings, or even understand them. Though eventually, he had come to realize that there was one of the fellow Class Presidents of his grade he harboured an odd admiration for, Alex, a blonde, cheerful and genuine male student, who made nerd jokes here and there and whose smile shone like the sun… Whose girlfriend had come to pick him up after a meeting.
That’s when Cae came to understand both the pains of love and raging fires of jealousy, but still, the call for Academic excellence was too strong and all these complicated feelings, that were messing up with his rationality were threatening to put everything he had worked for thus far into jeopardy. In the end, the teenager just kept going as if nothing had happened. He had gotten usually good at hiding his true intentions after all. Something as complex, scrambling and frustrating as love, was simply not worth the time or effort.

The parents were present and all, but on their perspective as long as his grades didn’t falter there wasn’t anything wrong. They still don’t know about their son’s orientation and hopefully never will. Cae would definitely like for them to stay in the dark eternally about that one. Near them, the boy’s actions also contribute to maintaining said illusion, as he puts on a more pleasant persona around the two who remain ignorant of the adoration-starved monster they’ve raised.

Trivia:
Reads periodic for leisure time;
Avoids talking about family at all;
Aims to study Astrophysics in college;
Knows every single constellation by memory;
His last name, Caeg, means 'a boastful person' in Ilocano (one of the many Phillipine dialects).

Last edited:
This charp is todaaaaay! 8D

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO MACHO CAFE!

Today at 12:20 PM

• Diana:
    This is a typical anime-style setting with a harem of hot boys getting into shenanigans.

Today at 12:21 PM

• Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.

• Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!

• Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!

• Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!

• Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)

Today at 12:22 PM

• Diana:
    It's a chilly autumn day outside, but in the Macho Cafe it's warm, cozy and smells of delicious spiced apples. A knitting club of old ladies are sitting at a table working on scarves. Employees are wearing plaid vests today for some weird reason. Today's special is a plate of giant fluffy pancakes drizzled in a butterscotch sauce and served with a side of muscle flexing.

Today at 12:54 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would grimace as he entered the kitchen in his purple plaid vest, how the hell did Fujimoto san manage to coax him to work here. The whole idea was stupid. He sighed, scratching his head quietly before sitting down in the kitchen, there was no customers yet so no point rushing around.

Today at 12:57 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Andou, Aki was a gangly teen wearing a soft tan drop shoulder mock turtle neck sweater that did nothing to make him look bigger, it really only served to make him look like he was a kid playing dress-up. The soft unfitted white slacks didn't help either. But he had been kicked out of the house and actually give a little bit of money to add to his secret hoard and well, when Aki was out and about, he was going to have some coffee and cake. He stared up at the sign with amusement. "Macho Cafe?" It was full of little old ladies so it wasn't a gay cafe... Hilarious. Aki pushed open the door, his shoulder-length black hair swinging around his narrow long face. "Hello, hello?"

Today at 1:00 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis heard someone shouting 'Hello' and sighed, he should just quit. He was about to give up and go home but the customer changed his mind, he was beautiful. The server approached the customer "Welcome to Macho Cafe, is it your first time here?" he asked softly with a small smile.

Today at 1:02 PM

• Diana:
    Today, Hiromi was going over the Cafe's finances and trying to figure why her Obaachan was spending so much money on thongs. As far as she knew, no one was running around in thongs! She made frustrated math noises in her corner booth while old Fujimoto just shrugged and did her knitting.

Today at 1:06 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Yes. It's a nice little cafe, I don't know how I've never noticed it before." Aki gave Francis a little smile as he looked around and noted the decor approvingly. His best friend would totally love this place. "Could I see a menu, please? I am wondering about what cakes you have today and what coffee and cake pairings you'd recommend for a new-comer to your cafe?" Aki's voice was smooth and calm, a hint of amusement trickling through it. He tucked his hair behind an ear. "May I sit anywhere or will you seat me?"

Today at 1:12 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would smile "you should bring your friends if you visit again, we always have new activities, menu specials and events going on" the male explained gently. When the other asked about a menu, Francis nodded his head "lets get you seated first and then I can give you a menu and the specials today". Once he got the customer seated in a seat that they wanted, he gave them a menu that had various options. Francis would also mention the specials "the special today is a plate of giant fluffy pancakes drizzled in a butterscotch sauce and served with a side of muscle flexing".

Today at 1:15 PM

• Diana:
    A couple of the knitting ladies gave a chortle and a whoop over the sound of muscle flexings.

Today at 1:16 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would sigh, a small blush coming to his cheeks. No way in hell was he doing muscle flexing, he didn't even have any god damn muscles!

Today at 1:17 PM

• Astaroth:
    "Hey Fujimoto." Ryuuji stuck his head out of the back. He was dressed in almost exactly the same costume from the Alice in Wonderland week, just without the Mad Hatter accessories; he looked much more the crisp and classic English butler with just a few alterations. His stubby ponytail was tied back with a black satin ribbon. "I need you to go pick up more buttermilk or I'm gonna have to 86 the scones."

Today at 1:18 PM

• Diana:
    "Buttermilk. Buttermilk and more thongs too I bet!" Of course she wasn't fussing at Ryuuji. He certainly wasn;t the one buying up all the thongs in Japan! "I'll run down to the store on the corner. Don't like anything weird happen." This statement was for sure aimed at Ryuuji, but she thumbed a finger at Francis.

Today at 1:22 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "With a side of muscle-flexing?" Aki laughed out loud as he sat down in a chair and took the menu. "I'm going to have to say No to that." Another laugh because really! This man in front of him was about as thin as he was! "How about this chocolate cake? Would it be good with your latte?" Aki smiled up at Francis.

Today at 1:23 PM

• Astaroth:
    Ryuuji followed Fujimoto's gesture toward Francis. And then past Francis to Francis's customer.

Today at 1:24 PM

• Astaroth:
    "Oh what the fuck," he blurted, sputtering.

Today at 1:26 PM

• Loveless:
    Nickolaus admonished physical labor. Really, why should such a brilliant mind such as his ever waste his time with something that was literally mindless and effortless? It wasn't enticing, challenging enough. So, you may be asking yourself, why oh why would he be now currently standing inside the changing room of a café of all places, dressed in a grassy green plaid suit that was absolutely tacky? One answer: other handsome men such as himself. It was the perfect opportunity to discreetly admire his 'coworkers' assets without making it too obvious. And the real deal in person beat stalking social media and feeling dirty about it anytime. Nickolaus sighed, pushing his glasses back into place, a worthy sacrifice. Confidently stepping into the dining area, he was quickly assaulted by a vision out of the heavens. Oh, oh my... And everything in his mind was just gone as he froze, blocking the hallway.

Today at 1:26 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis noticed the thumb and was tempted to do it back to her but his senses got the better of him. He couldn't help but become more flustered as the customer laughed at the muscle flexing "it's not like I wanted to do it" he defended himself adorbly, his face bright red. At the request of a slice of chocolate cake, he just nodded and said that the latte would be okay. He slipped away to prepare the customers order/

Today at 1:27 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Thank you." Came the cheerful reply and Aki was sliding a hand into his pocket for his phone and his glasses case, glasses first and then his phone was flipped open. His best friend could totally out-flex every single guy he saw there. That was hilarious! Speaking of Seeing. His gaze met Ryuuji's once his glasses were on and he paused for only half a second before it slipped away. Nope. Nope. Nope! Not Hirohata, Ryuuji! He wasn't going to deal with this and his order was already in so he couldn't escape!

Today at 1:29 PM

• Diana:
    Hiromi was gathering up her coat as she side-eyed Ryuuji's sputtering. Curiously, she leaned to get a look at the customer. One of his ex's, Hiromi bet! As far as she knew, Ryuuji dated half of the city.

Today at 1:30 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would sigh and came back with the order, smiling softly as he placed it onto the desk "here is your order, I hope everything is sufficient for you. My name is Francis, if you need anything feel free to shout for me" the male smiled.

Today at 1:33 PM

• Astaroth:
    Andou Aki was in his cafe. Nope. Nope! Nope, Ryuuji was not cool with this. Did someone put out a goddamn listing on the internet? Did Andou follow him from school? Was it Pasty, Pretentious Asshole Sunday? Grimacing, Ryuuji whirled and immediately retreated into the back again. The customers and the other wait staff could hear pans banging around in the kitchen.

Today at 1:34 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Thank you, Francis. Is that an English name?" Aki asked as he took the cake and the latte from the young man with a little smile, peering up at up him with his large round glasses now perched on his nose. "English isn't my strongest subject." He took a sip and his eyes widened. "Oh! This is good, isn't it? " Besides, Ryuuji had vanished off again and life was better once more.

Today at 1:36 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would nod "yeah, its an English name" the teen smiled before laughing " dont worry, I dont speak English either, it was my parents choice and they wanted an English name". Francis would smile "Im so glad you like it, Im actually rather new at doing this, do you mind if I take a seat?".

Today at 1:39 PM

• Diana:
    Hiromi debated the wisdom of leaving Ryuuji alone in the cafe with a Francis-in-training and yet another ex-lover. If all of Ryuuji's exes were going to start paying a visit to the cafe, she was really going to have to think about getting some security. "Nickolaus, stop standing around and get these dear old biddies a fresh pot of tea! I'll be back in a second." They'll all be fine, Hiromi, decided. What trouble could they get into in ten minutes? She flounced out the door!

Today at 1:39 PM

• Loveless:
    The café owner's callout had immediately jolted Nickolaus out of his daydream, immediately going stiff and throwing a salute at her after clearing his throat. "Of course, Ma'm! Right away!" Though he waited in that pose until she had been gone, patting his face afterwards. Okay, he wasn't drooling this time. Good, that was good. There was also a very grinding knocking of pots and pans coming from the kitchen area, unfortunately where he would soon have to enter. The teenager took a deep breath, 'do it for the men, Cae, do it for the gorgeous men.' "Would it be too much to ask you to at least make it quieter??", he had asked Ryuuji with an annoyed, contemptuous tone, "We don't want costumers to think we're savages, and neither pans to be bend and lose functionality." Without even waiting for a reply, Nickolaus had whipped his head around and approached the counter, separating a tray to put teacups on top of for the tea.

Today at 1:48 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    A little strange but he was new apparently and he seemed nice. "Of course, please sit down. " Aki was delicately tasting the rich chocolate roll cake and oh. Oh, it was heavenly! His eyes rolled up into his head and he savored the bite with a small noise of epicurean delight. "Oh please, please give my regards to your pastry chef. This is just amazing." Another sip of the latte to round out the flavors mingling in his mouth!

Today at 1:50 PM

• Astaroth:
    "You fucking do it then," grumbled Ryuuji. "I have to bake everything because I'm apparently the only person here who can make pastry, no help, and then everyone on the goddamn planet has to come and follow me in here just to make my life more miserable for a few minutes." He slammed a pot of tea down on the counter next to Nickolaus. "Here. Tea." Ryuuji was rarely in a mood like this, but when he was...

Today at 1:52 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would smile and sat down with the new customer. Francis analysed the others facial features and giggled under his breath, finding the others heavenly experience adorable. This really was an interesting day considering that he wanted to throw the towel in and go home, maybe the gods were on his side today. He heard what the other said "It's Ryuuji that makes all of our pastries here, he is quite talented isn't he but he is scary....dont tell him I said that" he would chuckle.

Today at 1:54 PM

• Diana:
    The cafe door burst open with a chilled wind. The cute little candles on all the tables went out. Standing there in the threshold was a girl, sopping wet to the bone through her heavy wool coat and rain galoshes. Her dark brown hair was a stringy mess concealing her face. "SADAKO!!!!" shrieked one of the old ladies. The rest made themselves look real busy after the silly shrieking of their friend.

Today at 1:54 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Aki paused in his eating just for a second! Ryuuji made such delicious things? ... Screw that. "Aha, I see. Well whoever this Ryuuji is, he's very good at it." Oh yes, this was a wonderful plan forming in his devious little mind. Aki shrieked a little at the door bursting open and the candles going out! His face reddened with embarrassment. "Ah... " He busied himself with his latte like he hadn't just shrieked like a girl.

Today at 1:58 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would giggle some more when the other customer shreaked for a moment, finding the girly shrieking adorable "that was pretty damn cute" he said slowly.

Today at 2:01 PM

• Loveless:
    Outrage. Nickolaus was absolutely outraged, mouth nearly agape as he had received the other's reply. He mustn't make a scene though, he was better than this, better than all of them. Despite all the effort, a tiny scoff had still made it out. "Listen, I do not care for your woes and a genius such as myself shouldn't have to lower themselves to thankless mundane daily physical tasks such as this... However. Since it is also my duty, you may give me a recipe and I'll put my brilliant mind to follow it to perfection. Which is a lot more than you deserve, so you should be honored that I even said that." With a cocky smile and snobbish attitude, Nickolaus carefully slid the tea closer to his side of the counter, not even sparing Ryuuji a glance and instead getting a pot to boil water at.

Today at 2:03 PM

• Diana:
    The bedraggled wet girl practically gliding across the cafe. Not saying a word or acknowledging anyone as she headed straight to the cafe restroom. The door closed behind her with a soft click.

Today at 2:05 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Aki had never in his entire life been called cute before. Sharp, pointy, fox-faced because of his sharp features! But cute? And this was one of Ryuuji's coworkers?! The. Fuck. "... I. Uh. I." He swallowed. "Maybe you should go and check on the soaking wet girl who just came in?" because Aki had no idea how to deal with this at all! Compliments were weird! He needed to hit something. Maybe he could spill what was left of his cup on Ryuuji.

Today at 2:07 PM

• Astaroth:
    The look Nickolaus received was absolutely dripping scorn, one eyebrow raised. "Yeah, okay buddy. You can handle the next batch of eclairs then. Since you're such a genius." He grabbed a pen and notepad off the fridge and started scribbling down ingredients and measurements. "The pancake special is pinned up over the stove. Yell if you need help." Without another word, he shoved the very complicated-looking instructions at Nickolaus and grabbed the tray of tea, checking the ticket for the table before heading back out to the front of house.

Today at 2:08 PM

• Diana:
    "Ryuuuuji~!" Squealed the table of old ladies. They were definitely regular customers, and of course it was their tea. "Give us the little dance! You know the one we like!"

Today at 2:09 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would notice that the male didnt want him anymore, letting out a sigh and stepping away to set the candles again and clean up all the dripping wet puddles on the floor. It was going so well, what did he say?

Today at 2:12 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He moved to look into the bathroom "excuse me , are you alright?"

Today at 2:14 PM

• Diana:
    No one was in the bathroom. But the sink was running and it was covered from floor to ceiling with muddy hand and feet prints.

Today at 2:15 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would widen his eyes "what in the holy fuck?" he mumbled on his breath, backing out of the bathroom in shock and fear "fuck that" he said. He walked over to Ryuuji "you might want to check the bathroom out" he mentioned before walking away.

Today at 2:17 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Aki watched Francis go because he seemed a little dejected. Well, shit. He poked at the cake again and then ate another bite, finding it incredibly hard to believe that Ryuuji of all people could make pastries! It was just... insane. It was probably poisoned! It was probably going to make him sick! But it was so very tasty. He watched the workers and caught a glimpse of the empty bathroom and the handprints and he recoiled in his chair, almost falling over! "What happened in there?"

Today at 2:19 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    "none of your business, it was scary" he whimpered like a lost puppy, fear in his eyes. This was a whole lotta nope.

Today at 2:22 PM

• Loveless:
    Nickolaus shot Ryuuji a glare back from behind his glasses, but gracefully took the notepad without hesitation. Honestly, it was just a lowly physical task, how hard could this be? "Understood.", the tone was still underlying with contempt and overconfidence. He remained in that pose, upright and noble until the other had left the kitchen and, then he had begun to read the instructions for the baking. Huh, some of it was coded with abbreviations, but as expected there was a list of ingredients and quantities, so far, simple enough. He started gathering all the needed supplies on top of the counter...

Today at 2:23 PM

• Astaroth:
    "Hello, princesses," greeted Ryuuji, plastering on his smile for the customers as he served the tea. He graciously did "the dance" as soon as he'd finished. Which was essentially just shaking his ass. He gave Francis an inquisitive look at the suggestion about the bathroom, but shrugged it off as Francis being Francis... then shot a look at Aki. Who was... not even looking in Ryuuji's direction. He was just sitting there making the pastries Ryuuji had prepared like he hadn't a care in the world, until suddenly he flinched. ...What the fuck was going on with that bathroom? "Do you need anything else for the table?"

Today at 2:23 PM

• Diana:
    As promised, Hiromi was back within a few minutes. In her arms was a bag with a couple cartons of buttermilk and a few treats. Of course the first thing she did was glance around and make sure nothing was on fire. Just Francis looking scared and Ryuuji pissed off... that was nice a normal for once! She let out a sigh of relief.

Today at 2:27 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Aki had his phone in his hand and he was stepping towards the bathroom and getting a snapshot of it because that was just weird. "Francis-san, where did that weird wet girl go?" Aki asked, frowning over his shoulder as he peered into the bathroom. Did she escape out the tiny window? Aki continued to ignore Ryuuji even though they were mere feet from each other! He looked down at the picture he'd just taken on his phone of the bathroom...

Today at 2:27 PM

• Diana:
    In the kitchen with Nickolaus... as he gathered ingredients he was finding very strange muddy handprints in the oddest of places...

Today at 2:30 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Basil Valentine walked down the sidewalk at a hurried, but not undignified pace, surreptitiously checking his surroundings. It seemed he'd lost the Chinese agents for the moment, but it would be best to get off the street as soon as possible. He glimpsed the storefront of a cafe and ducked inside, taking a moment to smooth the lines of his tux as he started to head for an open table. Suddenly, he felt a hand patting his butt. "You must be new here," an elderly woman's voice said in Japanese. "I beg your pardon ma'am," the British agent said, arching an eyebrow at her odd behavior. That's when he noticed: all the servers in this place were dressed much like he was...this place was some sort of theme cafe, and he had unintentionally matched its theme!

Today at 2:31 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would shrug "I-I dont know, she just disappeared" he said. "ugh women, i think im going to throw up" he mumbled, feeling all dizzy.

Today at 2:32 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro entered slowly, hair soaked and clearly unhappy. He peeled off a soaked coat to reveal the uniform of the day and signed in, then headed to the kitchen to make sure people knew he'd made it, although very late. "I'm... I'm here," he said.

Today at 2:34 PM

• Loveless:
    Nickolaus being the stuck up neat freak that he is, took upon himself to get a cleaning cloth and attempt to scrub it off with rhythmic movements instead of brute force. He also poured, whichever cleaning item/soap/whatever he could find first into the cloth, since the emulsion proportionated by soapy substances helped clean off dry stains much easier. Obviously. Can't have food in a dirty workplace.

Today at 2:35 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Did this weirdo really just say 'ugh women?'? Really?! Aki scooted away from Francis. He should have known, after all, the boy worked with Ryuuji! He adjusted his glasses and stared at the bathroom before shaking his head and moving back to his table. He was out of cake and his latte was cold now. ... But he'd also seen Ryuuji do a weird dance at a bunch of old ladies and if that wasn't blackmail material he didn't know what was. He wondered what weird thing was going to happen next in this chaotic cafe?

Today at 2:35 PM

• Diana:
    "Obasan that's not an employee!" hissed Hiromi at the elderly lady. "I'm sorry sir, how about you take a seat and I'll have someone bring you a nice hot drink?" She gestured to one of the tables for Basil.

Today at 2:36 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He noticed the other scoot away from him "ah no, I am not sexist...im just afraid of women due to trauma" he would admit, fidiling with his thumbs

Today at 2:36 PM

• Diana:
    With Nickolaus paying more attention to cleaning muddy handprints instead of minding the stoves, things were getting a little... smokey in the kitchen.

Today at 2:37 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    What's this about disappearing girls? Basil Valentine thought. But first, he had to extricate himself from the group of Japanese grannies who were openly ogling him. Thankfully someone came to his rescue. "Thank you," he said, his own Japanese flawless, and followed her gesture to the table she indicated.

Today at 2:37 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro blinked at the intense scrubbing, then noticed the smoke. "Uh oh..." He hurriedly started stirring, flipping, and tending to it. "Stoves shouldn't be left unattended! "

Today at 2:38 PM

• Diana:
    As Hiro flipped a scorched pancake, he could see a young woman standing right outside the kitchen window. Sopping wet and with her dark brown hair covering her face. She was just... standing there! As still as the dead!

Today at 2:39 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    He blinked. "Princess? You shouldn't be in the kitchen." Hiro smiled at her and walked to her. "You look chilled. Would you like something warm? I can get you some dry clothes and a towel."

Today at 2:41 PM

• Astaroth:
    Since the ladies were doing just fine, Ryuuji excused himself from their table and went to check on the next customer. He passed by Aki's table and gave the other boy an unimpressed glare. "Francis, how are you doing with our honored guest?"

Today at 2:41 PM

• Diana:
    By the time Hiro stepped outside the back door - the girl was gone!

Today at 2:42 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro hadn't even looked away! He stared, then gulped and hurried back to the stove, muttering to himself that he needed to go to a shrine after work.

Today at 2:43 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro's whole body shook as he worked hard to save at least something of the burning food on the stove.

Today at 2:44 PM

• Diana:
    Hiromi entered the kitchen with her bags of buttermilk. "Someone take these! The old bats groped a customer, so I need to get him a nice drink. ...Hiro! You're as pale as the dead. Are you okay to work today?" She asked curiously.

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Francis-san is doing well, are you his manager?" Aki shot back, instantly defensive because fuck Hirohata, Ryuuji! And he was just going to pretend he didn't know Ryuuji. To his face. It was brilliant.

• Loveless:
    Nickolaus barely had the time to revel in how clean and sparkly everything was again, and a job obviously well done, before the smell of smoke had reached his nostrils promoting him the turn around with some alarm. Fortunately, before he could proceed to unplug the stove to guarantee nothing would burn anymore. "Oh, good." Well, he guessed that was that now, dismissing everything else that Hiro had said to him or anyone else and focusing back on the task of the eclairs. He wasn't allowing this task to defeat his genius so easily!

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would smile softly "T-thank you" he said slowly, sitting down away from everyone because he was almost ready to loose his composure, he wanted to punch someone.

Today at 2:45 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro jumped before he looked at Hiromi, eyes wide, then forced a smile. "I-I... I'm fine!" Unconvincing.

Today at 2:46 PM

• Astaroth:
    "Actually yeah, I am." Ryuuji grinned but it was more like baring his teeth. "He's training still and I'm in charge of training him today. I take it you're enjoying everything, then? Everything's to your satisfaction?"

Today at 2:47 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    As Basil started to peruse the menu, it became readily apparent what sort of place this was. On the plus side, it meant he was virtually surrounded by decoys, as long as he could hide his face, say, with the menu should his pursuers come in or attempt to pick him out from outside. On the minus side, if they were willing to resort to violence, people here might get hurt. Then there was the subtle scent of...was that smoke?

Today at 2:48 PM

• Diana:
    "Hmm." Hiromi wasn't so sure she believed that. "Well... in that case, can you make a nice pot of the English Breakfast and send it to the man in a suit? Ryuuji has another one of his dumb exes in the cafe today and I need to make sure there's not another scene..."

Today at 2:49 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Then it's very nice to meet you." Aki said through gritted teeth. "You are doing a great job." He did not want to compliment Hirohata! But there was no reason to be mean to poor Francis! "I told Francis-san to extend my regards to your pastry chef. Please Do." Seeethe.

• BipboopRiri:
    The androgenous man known was Elwin was finally done getting dressed in the... odd servant garments of this establishment. He was only really working here for curiosity sake... learning. yet that didn't stop everything form testing his patience. But, he had prevailed so far even through the language learning that had been forced upon him, the weird happenings and had managed to keep his powers secret. Yet another day of menial work was ahead of him before he could enjoy the wonders of the public library... dressed for the job, he came out of the dressing room and was already a bit confused about the general ruckus that was going on, scratching his head before returning to his usual deadpan expression, looking for something to do around.

• Astaroth:
    Ryuuji's grin was so tight it looked like his face might snap, his eyes blazing. "Thank you so very much, sir. It's nice to meet you too. So curious what brings you in today?" he pressed, leaning one hand on the table.

Today at 2:52 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would notice the tension, gulping as he looked from Ryuuji to Aki . The male was so frustrated that he couldn't hold it in anymore "Would you please loosen up Ryuuji! God you're killing the mood jesus christ dude" he said as he slammed his hand down.

Today at 2:54 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    "Oh! Oh, um... Yes!" Hiro nodded, then started up a pot of tea. "Any... anything else?" he asked, eyes wide as he latched onto the distraction. He wasn't scheduled for the kitchen, but... he guessed he was roped into it now. He didn't think he could handle the front at the moment anyway... Hold on, something slammed out there? Oh no. "Um...!" He looked to Hiromi, eyes wide.

Today at 2:56 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "I wanted to try your cake and coffee." Grit. Grit. "It was delicious." He'd been about to say something else possibly scathing but then poor Francis fell apart. Aki almost laughed but his hand was over his mouth before he did, hiding the shit-eating grin on his foxy face. "I think your coworker needs your help, sir." Aki retorted. "He thinks you're killing the mood." Each word sharp as needles and just as full of malice.

Today at 2:58 PM

• Diana:
    Hiromi heard that slamming too. "Uuuhg, no, just keep an eye on the kitchen. And why are there muddy handprints all over the ceiling?" She pointed up at them, and then with a groan, headed back out to the main dining room only to find Francis and Ryuuji at the equally angry exes table looking as if they were about to flipped the blasted thing! "Theeeeeere's not a problem here is there? We're not about to have another Ryuuji-Ex fight are we?"

Today at 3:00 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis got that angry with the tension that he flipped the table over "fuck this, I need to have a break"

Today at 3:02 PM

• Astaroth:
    "Jesus fucking Christ Francis, read the room," snarled Ryuuji, just as Hiromi showed up. He'd in fact been about two seconds away from grabbing that smug dick by his stupid sweater collar and shaking Aki when Hiromi asked if this was another one of his exes and his face screwed up in absolute disgust. "What the hell, Fujimoto? Really?! Gross."

Today at 3:03 PM

• AnxiousEnby:
    He scoffed and stormed out but before he stormed out, he punched Ryuuji in the face "how about you read the room, get over yourself prick"

59 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    For the first time since he started peering around the room would the man speak louder and angry. "What do you think you are doing. DON'T DAMAGE G- wait no... COMPANY PROPERTY:" Elwin shouted at the sudden altercation, rushing to stop any further retaliation that could damage the place,

58 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro blinked up at the ceiling. "What...?" How did that even...? He shook his head, then sighed and put the tea on, then looked to Nickolaus. "I'm... I'm technically scheduled for tables... um... Can you... um... handle leaving t-the ceiling? I... I'll take the tea out." Already the pot was whistling, and then... CRASH! He yelped, jumped out of his skin, then took a moment freaking out internally before he dared to look out. Mouth agape, he watched Francis, of all people, slug Ryuuji! He grabbed the tea pot and carried it out, then set it on another table. "Um!" He put himself between Francis and Ryuuji. "Y-you two, please s-stop...!"

57 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    Nickolaus had been struggling with getting the batter for the pastry in the consistency that the recipe demanded it to be, when the café's owner who he hadn't even noticed being in the kitchen, had pointed out there were more dirty marks on the ceiling! Once again, a clean workspace came before the cooking, and thus the bowl with the batter had been left aside on top of the counter, as the teenager ventured further into the back of the shop to find a ladder he could use to reach those pesky dirty stains with. Hiro didn't even have to say anything, silenced with a hand wave as if to say 'I got this'.

57 minutes ago

• Diana:
    With Francis just up and FLIPPING the table, she just froze there with her wide eyes and her hands in the air! She couldn't even justifiable complain at Ryuuji (or explain that well, it was a reasonable assumption) because then Francis went and punched him in the face! "FRANCIS. What- Oh my god-!" So much for her quiet chaos free day!

57 minutes ago

• CarnelianUndead:
    Okay, where even to unpack that! "I've never met this strange man in my entire life." Aki lied and looked at the remnants of the coffee cup and the liquid on the floor. "And I definitely wouldn't date someone like him." Secondly Watching Franic hit Ryuuji was hilarious! He had to turn away to stop the hysterical laughter that threatened to just burst out of him and bite his knuckle. This was just. So damn good. "Go Francis-san." Aki said mildly, mischief alight in his dark eyes.

55 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    Elwin let out an annoyed huff (which to anyone would sound a bit cute) while letting others handle costumer support... and surprisingly despite his frame, he managed to handily and easily lift up and place properly the flipped table on its previous spot (making sure to avoid putting it on top of anything)

54 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    "I... I'll h-handle things h-here. F-Fujimoto-san, c-can you han... handle Francis...?" Francis still freaked him out after... previous incidents. "R-Ryuuji? A-are you ok? Um... I'll.. I'll t-take over o-out here, N... Nikolaus i-is... unable t-to cook... Um... i-incapable...!" He paused as he noticed the table being righted. "O-oh, t-thank you!"

53 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Muddy handprints all over the ceiling? Basil couldn't imagine how that could be a thing in a restaurant, even one as offbeat as this one. It didn't seem likely to be related to his mission to investigate claims of the Chinese using exotic sonic weapons against rival nations' embassy staff, but--the sudden crash of a flipped table pulled him from his thoughts. The start of a brawl? This didn't seem to be a brawling sort of establishment, but who knows, maybe that was part of the entertainment?

52 minutes ago

• Astaroth:
    For a moment Ryuuji just stood there, apparently taken completely off-guard. He looked at Aki. He looked at the table as Elwin flipped it over, the ruined remains of his desserts on the ground, at Hiromi and Hiro both looking distraught and-- "Fuck this." He shrugged out of his stuffy tailcoat and tossed it down on the floor. "Fuck it!" The gloves were next, and then the uncomfortable cravat. "I'm done. I'm out. I hope you choke on your fucking cake, Andou. I'll see you around, Fujimoto, you can just keep my last check." And Ryuuji was out the door.

51 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    He gave a nod with his usual deadpan expression to the man thanking him. "Make sure to coordinate the staff. I'm going to be cleaning up". He spoke without hesitation, swiftly moving to find a broom and a bag to place any broken shards from the breakables that had been on the table, all in record time at that. Dirtyness and messes are unsightly.

51 minutes ago

• AnxiousEnby:
    Frances slumped against the wall, what in the fuck did he just do?! He would tremble from outside and hyperventilating a little bit. The human heard what Ryuuji said and widened his eyes, he didn't expect him to actually leave. This was terrible.

50 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    "R-Ryuuji... san...?" Hiro stared. Today was already miserable and now... now his senpai was quitting...? He started to tremble. His vision blurred with tears he held back, and he started to help Elwyn clean up, fingers shaking and unsteady as he tried to focus on his work... It lasted maybe five seconds before he wiped his eyes on his sleeve and ran out the door. "I'll t-talk to him...!"

48 minutes ago

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis walked back in and looked over at Aki, it was clear from the teens expression that he was horrified. He slumped into the closest chair and bit his lip, he was so going to get fired for this.

47 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    Elwin saw the shaken man off without saying a word, just doing a single sympathetic nod before returning to work nonchalantly

47 minutes ago

• Diana:
    With Hiro handling Ryuuji... Hiromi did as Hiro asked and stomped after Francis. She snatched the boy by the shirt collar, hauled him to his feet and dragged him into the back kitchen! "You have a split second to explain why you're behaving like a monstrous brat and making a mess in Fujimotosama's cafe!"

46 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    While everything was going terribly in the dining hall, Nickolaus had managed to successfully find a ladder, bringing it with him into the kitchen and once more putting more cleaning product on the cloth and wipe off the mud marks from the ceiling. This, was a rather peculiar place for these, but it didn't matter what had been the cause, it only mattered that they were gone and the kitchen was up to standards once more. And then, he would go back to that batter that dared not cooperate with him... Oh and guess Francis and Hiromi are seeing this now, cool.

46 minutes ago

• AnxiousEnby:
    Francis would widen his eyes, he was too afraid of Hiromi for her to get this close to him. He began to tremble and couldn't speak "I-I" the teen just burst out into tears.

45 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Nickolaus also finally got a look at the muddy hand print culprit, though oddly Hiromi and Francis were FAR too busy to notice the sodden wet girl standing in the threashold of the supplies closet, lifting up one of her muddy hands to wave at Nickolaus.

44 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro ran to catch up with Ryuuji. "R-Ryuuji-san!" he called, voice catching before he tripped and fell against his senpai. He buried his face against the older boy and held on tight.

44 minutes ago

• CarnelianUndead:
    Who would have guessed that Hirohata, Ryuuji was so... delicate? In school, he was an absolute terror. But out in the real world, it seemed he was... Squishy. "Well, that just happened." Aki would murmur to himself and pull out the money he had saved for his treat day. All of his money. After all, it seemed like it was partially his fault after all. Only a little bit. "Ah, here." It was about triple the price of what he'd bought and he quickly pressed it into whichever server was close enough and then he was darting outside. He had to make this right? He stopped when he saw one of the other servers hugging onto Ryuuji.

44 minutes ago

• Astaroth:
    Ryuuji was already halfway on his bike when Hiro made it outside. He made an "oof" noise as Hiro tackled him, losing his balance and the bike teetering dangerously for just a moment.

43 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Good! Cry it out! That's a much better way to get your emotions out than flipping tables and punching Ryuuji! You know how much he's done for you? And for the cafe? If you're upset about something, Francis you can just come talk to me about it and I'll punch people in the face for you if it's needed. I won't have this destructive nonsense!"

42 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    "Huh." Was all Nickolaus had managed to say at the sight of such an unsightly creature, slowly going back down to find a spray of again whichever cleaning supply because he could barely tell them apart, and then come back to spray it at the little girl thing. It needed to be purged of germs and dirt.

42 minutes ago

• AnxiousEnby:
    He would blubber "Im sorrrrrryyyyy" he sobbed, tears dripping everywhere. Today had been a bad day for Francis, it was the day his cat had passed away so he was rather grouchy these days.

41 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    "Ryuuji-san... I... I... S-sorry, I'm... A-are you... a-are you g-going to be okay...?" Ryuuji could feel him shaking. "I-I... I'm sorry Francis-kun d-did that...! I-I... I'm... A-are you leaving...? R-really...?" He babbled, voice thick and wet.

40 minutes ago

• Diana:
    The girl was so surprised to get spritzed with cleaning solution she just stood there in shock for a moment. "Uh..." she stammered. "Aren't you scared?"

40 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    Considering he was basically the only one left in the hall at this point, Elwin would be the one to receive the money for the damages. once again he just nodded, put the cash in his pocket while doing some mental maths, and kept sweeping bits and pieces closer, and putting them into the bag carefully by picking them with his gloved fingers. Always wear gloves.

40 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    Nickolaus had stopped once the thing had spoken to him. He seemed to consider the question for a moment, then simply shrugged at the creature, "I don't think I've ever been scared in my entire life." And then proceeded to continue spraying it.

38 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Hiromi groaned again, gathering up Francis in a hug and giving him a few pats on the back. "Use your words, Francis! You're going to have to apologize to that customer, you know. AND to Ryuuji and beg him not to quit. I can't run this cafe without him. Me and Obaachan would be out on the streets!"

38 minutes ago

• AnxiousEnby:
    "H-Hiro is handling him and the other customer left" he sniffled, hugging Hiromi tightly. This was almost as if Hiromi was his mother

37 minutes ago

• Astaroth:
    "Let go of me, Hiro," Ryuuji replied slowly. His voice had gone low and rough. "I don't know why you're apologizing. What the hell do you think you did?"

36 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    A pair of Asian men, dressed in tuxedos, came upon the peculiar drama. The success of their mission, to examine the claim that the British were using exotic sonic weaponry against the embassy staff of rival nations depended on catching the British agent they'd identified at the Embassy soiree, but thus far he had evaded their pursuit. That's when they noticed the people in the cafe: suits and tuxedos all around. A perfect place for him to blend in. They stepped into the cafe, and found what looked like a scene of recent commotion.

35 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "UGH. It's not fun if you're not SCARED." The girl gave Nickolaus a hefty kick to THE LADDER, MAKING IT SHAKE DANGEROUSLY. She was very much solid, real and alive! And if anyone had a doubt, it was made obvious when she finally pushed her wet hair out of her face, blew a raspberry and ran out screaming. "MACHO CAFE SUCKS. COME TO NEKO CAFE. FREE DRINKS ON SUNDAYS."

34 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    "I-I don't... I don't know, b-but... um... I... I don't... w-want you... t-to go, I... Y-you're... Y-you're... t-the best par... part of... of the w-whole p-place...!" The words came out in a wet tumble as his eyes wetted Ryuuji's back. "I... I h-hope Francis-kun... g-gets fired...! A-and then t-trips and... and lands in the mud... a-and a bus s-splashes water o-on him, and he f-finds a worm in... in his underwear a-and that's why his b-butt i-itches...!" Wait, was he just describing his day...!?

32 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "You're st-still going to apologize!" Hiromi choked out. Francis was squeezing her to death, but she didn't push the boy away. She just took the squishing hug like a hero with that exasperated scowl on her face. "Are you okay now? Either way, take the rest of the week off."

31 minutes ago

• CarnelianUndead:
    He really was going to apologize. He'd been... mostly polite. Hell, he'd even given them every bit of money he had. ... Including he realized his lunch money for the next week. Damn. Aki considered, standing there in the cold and wet and not wearing a jacket because he only had one and that was for school. "Oi! Hirohata-kun!" Aki shouted from about twenty feet away. "I'm sorry! But if you want payback you'll have to fucking catch me!" And then Aki turned on his heel and walked away, face red with embarrassment and annoyance over his day. Stupid Hirohata.

29 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Startled by the sudden noise, the two Chinese agents reached under their coats. Basil did likewise--and their eyes met. By unspoken mutual agreement, all three men slowly removed their hands, all of them trying to conceal expressions of bafflement under suave exteriors. With no better plan available, they joined Basil at his table. "Mr. Valentine," one of them said. "Mr. Xi. Mr. Hua," Basil replied.

29 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    Seeing the trajectory of the kick directed at the one object that acted as his support, Nickolaus had been alarmed, quickly reaching for the edge of the ladder with a little 'wooa', trying to stabilize it as much as possible even with the new disruption. Phew! That had been close, he had to lean his body to counter-weight the system as well but at least there had not been a fall. It had been rather exciting though, heart beating like a tambourine percussion, it was arguably the most feeling he had gotten out of anything. What an interesting sensation. The loud shouting and childish antics of the creature had been quickly dismissed. Normally he'd be a lot more angry and annoyed, but somehow the thrill of the almost-accident served to damper the usual wrath. With a sigh, the teenager got down from the ladder and proceeded to return it to the exact place it had been taken out of, same to every cleaning product he had brought in as well.

25 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    While finishing up his extra work, he spotted the men that had attempted to blend in naturally in their outfits that though similar, had some differences between what the business made them wear... He eyed the men funny, leaned the broom against the table having confidently removed any notably big shards and ultimately pulled out a notebook and pen from his pocket, going to meet the now 3 men sitting at the table. "Hello, what might you desire to order today gentlemen?" His voice's gender was not easy to nail down, but it was safe to assume he was a dude at least from where they were. His expression was as serious as always.

25 minutes ago

• Astaroth:
    There was too much going on. Hiro was sobbing all over him and Aki was actually apologizing like a human being. Ryuuji... Ryuuji didn't want to deal with any of this. "I just--I can't, alright?! I'll--Fuck, I'll text you, just I have to go." He extricated himself from Hiro's grip and shoved him gently out of the way and then he was peeling away from the curb, well over the speed limit.

24 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    Hiro whimpered as he watched Ryuuji go, then just stood there, wobbling slightly before he stumbled away, and against the wall of the cafe.

23 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    A deep voice quietly said, "There you are, Hiro..."

23 minutes ago

• AnxiousEnby:
    The male pushed away from Hiromi "Im going to go home and never come back again" he sobbed, getting away from her and leaving the cafe. He put his work stuff on the floor and then started walking home. He would return later.

22 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    And when Hiro stumbled numbly into the dining area of the cafe, he wore the uniform of the day... but... well, the pants were replaced by a banana hammock and the sweater was a knitted bikini top. He didn't seem to care.

22 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Well then," Basil said, "since we're all here, why don't you start by telling me about this 'sonic weapon' your nation is using against embassy staff?" The two Chinese agents looked at each other. "We were about to ask you the same...question," Agent Xi said, noticing the young person who was now watching them. The other agents noticed as well, especially when they came over and asked for their order. Something about them...him? wasn't right. Who the bloody hell is this one working for? Basil thought. "Earl Grey tea please, and a raspberry scone," Basil replied. The other agents quickly picked up menus and made to look like they were checking them over.

18 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    In a matter of seconds the order had been written down in clean and neat kanji, narrowing his eyes towards the other two. "Are you going to take more than 10 minutes? If so, I can return later if needed."

17 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    He felt something was off about the men, but didn't have enough worldly context to nail it down

17 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    That's when another young man stumbled into the dining room wearing...what the bloody hell? Basil wondered if perhaps he and his rivals had stumbled into the Twilight Zone. "Uh...yes...return later...please," the usually unflappable Agent Xi replied.

15 minutes ago

• BipboopRiri:
    Raising an eyebrow, Elwin nodded and moved to the kitchen area just to post his order... only to notice the whole mess that was going on there. A vein popped on his forehead as his mood grew dark and ready to shout... but, just barely abstaining. "Who in the world made this mess and where are the bulk of the cleaning supplies"

12 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    This was turning out to be a rather chaotic environment in which to play the Great Game! While Basil didn't quite buy the Chinese agents' suspecting him of being behind the alleged sonic weaponry...he couldn't entirely rule out the possibility that perhaps some third party was responsible. But who? And...well, perhaps the three agents would have to have a truce for the time being, as it would be rather hard for any of them to concentrate on their work with a young man in a bikini top and banana-hammock standing in the middle of whatever utterly absurd situation they had all stumbled into!

9 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    Eventually, about 2 hours later, Nickolaus had been supposedly 'done' with the task of the eclairs and- Well, a lot had gone wrong, to make it simple and quick, he had struggled to remember what a whisk was, kept getting the consistency of batter and cream and such wrong, there was a surprising lack of a wall clock in the kitchen so he had to mentally countdown the times for everything which was a disaster on itself. The task grew increasingly frustrating, repetitive, dull, uncreative; He had no experience with the mixer or the stove itself, some of the recipe writing seemed cryptic at times. In the end, they, 'kinda' looked like eclairs? But were to put simply, ugly and though probably tasted more or less right, the texture was definitely wrong. Stubborn, Nickolaus repeated the task over and over, getting a tad better at it, but spending all workday making eclairs, until someone else more qualified stepped in to take over, if that ever happened since the cafe was also a disaster overall today. He vowed to train on his own to get better at it. Giving up just wasn't part of the teen's vocabulary.

8 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Well. Ryuuji quit. Hiromi was fairly certain Francis just quit. Hiro was in a weird thong again! Nickolaus had both used up all the cleaning supplies AND wretched the kitchen. And she had no idea who the new guy was because she didn't remember hiring him! Leaving Hiromi with one heck of a mess. "Why did I even come back," she huffed. To which her grandmother, old Hinata Fujimoto replied: "Men are dramatic, but the butts are worth everything." A sage nod followed.

7 minutes ago

• Diana:
    AND WE LEAVE OUR CAST SHAKEN AND DISCOMBOBULATED. BROKEN IN SHAMBLES. WILL FRANCIS COME BACK? IS RYUUJI GONE FOR GOOD? IS ANYONE EVER GOING TO REALIZE THAT A PERVERTED GHOST IS HAUNTING HIRO? WHAT'S THE NEKO CAFE'S PROBLEM? TUNE IN TIME FOR...OH SHIT, THE CAFE IS CLOSING?! MACHO CAFE: FUJIMOTO'S BROKE

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
Status
Not open for further replies.