6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
You had heard rumors about Marjorie's.

A magical shop that could make you older or younger.

One that could make you into the perfect version of yourself.

You have entered the place and taken the changes.

You have started your new life as arranged by the magic.

But something feels wrong.

Maybe, some things can't be fixed....

And sometimes what seems perfect.....

In the blink of an eye

Becomes something more sinister

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:
You are someone who went under a magical procedure and gained a new perfect life.... But something feels wrong. It's up to you and the other people who feel this wrongness to find out what is really going on.

When: June 21st 1PM EST/12 PM CST. It ends at 4 EST/ 3 CST

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. This won't be an easy save.

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.​

Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.20.09 PM.png

Name: "Marjorie"
Initial appearance: 1624282838556.png
In the Blink of an eye.......
1624283481021.png

The spa was open and the sign was lit up beautifully, cascading across the night sky. It read: Marjorie’s where you can become exactly who you want to be. To some, it felt no more out of place than all the other signs in your neighborhood. To others, it seemed nothing short of witchcraft and to the last, it seemed primitive. But no matter what, it was very alluring to most humans nonetheless.

Dylan had definitely not been out at a bar getting drunker than a barbian after finishing a quest. That just wasn't the responsible thing to do after all. Or at least that was the lie he was going to tell his roommates when he did come back home. But first, there was the sign. Maybe it was the fact that it was a neon purple or maybe it was the words on it that put him on that path. It was hard to say. However, he did know that he wasn't happy with who he was- or maybe that was just the multiple beers talking. God, what he wouldn't give to be older or at least more attractive. He stumbled into the spa, with the grace... of well a drunk man

~~~

Arcadia: Gin and Tonic. Nice and simple, easy to slip down in case anyone started asking questions. Annabelle kept a weary eye on the empty bar, rolling her aching shoulders. The...ejection into wherever she had ended up wasn't the comfiest landing, and where she was now certainly didn't seem like the Astral, but she was willing to take whatever this place was at face value for the minute. Despite the thunderous scowl rolling its way around the stormfront of her eyebrows.

Mglo: In many ways Haskell was still figuring himself out and searching for where he fit in this timeline, but had convinced himself Marjorie's was an answer of sorts as soon as he saw the sign. With the most self confidence he'd possessed in a while, he opened the door and stepped in. "How do you do?" he asked the person he'd nearly knocked into.

~~~

Marjorie looked up from her book as she looked to see who stumbled into our "spa". It seemed that she had a skeptic, a flirt and a drunk. Well, not exactly the worst first bunch of clients she had ever had. She would close the book. " Well, it's great to see you stumble into my wonderful spa. So, what do you want to change about yourself if you could? Everybody has something that makes them feel imperfect. But you know what they say, what if you could change that in a blink of an eye?"

Dylan raised a skeptical eyebrow. " Older and hotter, maybe a beard," he half said, half slurred.

"A bit pedestrian. Let's start by maybe making you sober." Marjorie shoved a drink into his hand. " Drink, It will make that past drunkness gone."

Arcadia: "Let's be difficult for the sake of it." Annabelle smiled, lifting her eyes in minor curiosity. "Let's say I'm not looking for a physical change, can you accommodate inner perfection and self growth? Or is this place more about third limbs and phantom legs?" The woman gently trickled the gin down her throat, the tonic providing a soothing burn as it ached its way through her system. "If this place has simpler R&R I'd be entirely invested in the operation, whatever you have going here."

Loveless, A Cat: It was one of those things that, sounded to good to be true... Maybe anyone else would have disregarded it as no more than a lie but- Charlie was desperate. Every waking moment was nothing but Hell placed on Earth, it hurt, constantly, it hurt more when they insisted on using 'Charlotte', or 'she'- And it never went away, just this feeling of wrong, like a jigsaw piece forced into a place it didn't belong. It was suffocating, stressful...

And it was during one of those typical attacks, triggered by seemingly innocent ignorance, that he stumbled inside the spa shop, with this disgust of one-self almost choking him out of air. It was almost suspicious, when a female in appearance covered with a overly-long dark hoodie had nearly lost the step, clinging to the arms with a closed and even paranoid body-language. One could even think that Charlie was running away from something and-

In a way, they weren't wrong.

"Oh uh sorry, am I interrupting? I can come back another time-", and he was already turning around for the door again, panting at the edge of a panic attack.

littlekreen: There were few opportunities for a 'bold in the tallblood world but if you could get an in to a city the chances of getting stabbed dropped a lot. Those of a less violent disposition were the only ones that stayed for any length of time and the stupid 'bolds ended up thrown out. Clec's interest was in the culinary arts and after some rather dangerous encounters had bought a run down storefront and converted to a eatery. Being recognized by the guard made for an easier life and with the couple other bolds on staff the guard ended up there all hours. He found out about this particular place from guard gossip and headed out that way for a very particular request. Dropping a bucket labeled 'Do not touch, Eats fingers.' left his riding spider hobbled to a post and headed in. He had a backpack that smoked with cold as small floating jellyfish with luminous yellow pips levitated smoothly in and out of little doors in it.

The telltale lack of eyeshine from his slit-eyes told of a surface bold and wyrmcrowned like himself on the end of bolds that could read as he called from the door eying the folk stumbling in, "Oi, tallbloods, sauced floorbloods, Mage fixery in here? I need some willing done!"

Mglo: Youth. It had been at the tip of his tongue until the lady asked for more. Haskell wanted more too. Heck, he didn't know what he needed but he was willing to try anything. Everything! The very possibility agitated him. "Youth for sure, but I'd be willing to ask for more depending on how you answer her question," he nodded towards Annabelle.
Haskell wrung his hands together, shifted his weight from foot to foot. When the panicky man burst in, Haskell patted his shoulder when he turned to leave. It was done more to settle himself down than to settle the man.

~~~

Marjorie shifted a bit uncomfortably when the kobold came in, but composed herself before she would take a deep breath and look at the gathering of folks and then she gave a smile. " Well, of course, I can do more than physical changes, but mental ones, well, that's a whole different set of prices. You can't just force growth on people, may it be self or inner perfection. Life doesn't work like that. Magic needs something to work off of. It's easier to start with something physical and then over time, the mind can be changed as well. Now, let's get this beauty started. " So, since the drunk-

Dylan who had took a sip of the drink and felt better. " Dylan is my name. And yeah, I'm good for everything I said when drunk and maybe some happiness if that's not too hard for you."

Marjorie tapped her book. " A bit more diffcult but doable for sure. As for the next person, who actually anwered my question. You asked for youth, but that's a bit of a sticky wicket. It's very broad and general. Magic can interpret that as a small child. A number would help. Do you want to be ten years younger- five- " She turned to the kobold next. " Well, yes, I can do magic, but what do you want changed or willed done. Young person, what do you want done?" She asked.

~~~

littlekreen: Clec walked in, a set of wooden spats clamped to his sharp feet clunk aginst the floor as not to put holes in the rug, "I want to be proof against the cold better than you tallbloods. Fetching meat from the deep jelly hive is hard for us kobolds."

The palm sized jellies flickered with sharp faint tones and Clec bounced one ear to reply with a melodic whistle, [No, stay here. No hunting for mice.]

Loveless, A Cat: Charlie gasped when another person had patted his shoulder, suddenly feeling pinned down and unable to go anywhere. With a defeated sigh the young trans male slowly turned around, the diminutive horrid female frame trembling in place without knowing what to do. He guessed he was in for the long run now, but what it entailed, he still wasn't sure.

Should he say anything? It felt like the others had turns and that they'd be rudely interrupted if he did so, he decided to make himself as small and imperceptible as possible instead, working through the panic attack in complete silence. Just half-listening to the conversation.

Mglo: Haskell rubbed his forehead. He pulled out a flat device from his coat, quickly continuing the calculations he'd started in his mind. "Five years younger," he mumbled to himself and then, suddenly thinking of something he asked, "Can you make memory more accessible? Get rid of genetic predispositions? Make the body generally more healthy?"

Haskell had been desperate to be more like the original, but it now occurred to him- What if he could be better?

~~~

Marjorie just raised a skeptical eyebrow. " Yeah, sure, I can do something like that or in that regard," she replied, having a few ideas on what the kobold meant, but if not, well, this was an experiment after all. There was bound to be a mistake or two. " SOrry, I was referring to the person in the hoodie about what they want, I should have been more specfic. She would tap her pen and looked over at him. " See, that's incredibly specfic and easy to do. I also pose the same question to the other man. Yes, yes and yes to all those question. I want to make you the best version of yourself."

" 9 years older seems perfect," Dylan replied.

" Good, goodd. Now that everything is almost done, I'll log this and you can all go to the next room to become the perfect version of yourself. "

~~~

Loveless, A Cat: "Wa-wait, you were actually asking me??"

Charlie pointed at himself, asking it in a low tone as if he was trying to not hear his own voice which- Which was the truth. It was a girl's voice! It did not represent him at all! At least, at this point he had regained breath, still trembling, still feeling lost and perhaps uninvited, or just nervous, who knew- It was always hard to tell if it was dysmorphia or just anxiety, sometimes he also thought that he was making it all up! And still, that question, the whole topic... It sounded like a lie, but it shone like hope.

There was only one possible answer.

"I-I want to be... myself. Every night, on my dreams, weird things happen, like things out of normal but- But I'm happy there because I'm me, I look like me, I sound like me like- Like these two gentleman here right now, I-I wasn't meant to be- a woman.", the speech was all so confused, emotional, the voice trembled just as much as the hands, "Every time that I wake up and it's not real I- I want to die. And still I'm too weak to do it."

"So please, please, that's all I need. I can't wait that long-"

~~~

“Great, great," Marjorie replied, as unnoticeably the floor literally moved everyone to the next room mostly against their will.

~~~

littlekreen: The kobold stumbled a bit being moved along but kept his feet as the tiny jellies buzzed displeased suprise. They kept up just as well though were blinking in alarm.

A wooden clonking as he kept his feet, "ah! Looks like the mage is keen, let's go! I don't wanna freeze no more gettin' stuff for meatballs!"

Mglo: "Perfect," and he would be. Haskell could have danced his way into the next room if he hadn't been taken there. His questions answered, now he could relax. He unbuttoned his coat and flung it back so he could put hands to pants pockets. Confidence oozed more freely, a confidence that had not been from his own stumbling newness but more like that of the man who had made him. "How long will this take anyway?"

Loveless, A Cat: When had the room changed?? Charlie felt like he had just blinked after basically pouring his heart out and boom, suddenly the room was different and had become a dressing room? Never having been on a spa before, he had quickly jumped into a corner as if trying to hide, before looking around to see what the others were doing. Normally, he would have been already thrown into the woman's changing area or something, but, there was something reassuring about not getting separated from the... tiny lizard thing and the other two males. It was as if he was being finally acknowledged properly!

They didn't seem to mind it either, as the big bulky hoodie was pulled up and out, reveling unpleasant womanly curves and a make-shift binder under everything. This was always uncomfortable, he kept avoiding the sight of a mirror, but hopefully that'd be for the last time.

"Hey uh, weird question, but do you think we're expected to pay?", if yes well, he could manage lunch for the month some other way, right?

~~~

Marjorie didn't answer as she had stayed in the other room. The only thing was the eerie silence of the room. There didn't seem to be much else to say as the spa was there. It seemed that it was the only place to go into in the room at the moment. Dylan was a bit shy about taking off all of his clothes, but would carefully remove everything and enter the spa, feeling rested for the moment, having felt so good.. It felt good and he felt himself drifting to sleep. The others would feel the same way and Haskell's and Charlie's question would be answered at once. " In the blink of an eye and don't worry, letting me do this is payment enough. Eventually darkness would enevelope all of them and the next time they would wake up was in a very different room with very different clothes.

~~~

Mglo: He was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of black joggers when he woke up and it was a feeling not unlike that of a time travel leap. Haskell didn't know if it was just his wishful thinking of if he really did feel a little bit more whole. A mirror would tell him only so much. Memory would reveal things in time. Health... well, he supposed he felt fresh.

littlekreen: Kobolds didn't have anything resembling the same strictures as the tallbloods. Especially not about nudity. When he need to strip he put the portahive down and stripped outside the changing rooms. Lacking mammal traits of the chest or dangling parts it was often difficult for outsiders to tell what gender they were. The kobolds just had a certain scent knowledge of it and the females had ever so slightly larger hips.

The staccato whistling came back as the kobold whistles through his teeth at the jellies slowly drifting his way, [No. Stay. Home-fire becoming warmer. Return soon.]

He left the jellies behind that reluctantly retreated to their container though Clec clacked across the spa floor relaxing as he was momentarily rested as the darkness drowned out his worry at it being free. When he woke up barefoot it wasn't as much an alarm as when he stood up and felt like he was flying. Of course he was, the three foot toe-walking kobold now being a plantigrade human wearing a kilt, as he toppled forward the legs suddenly disagreeing with how the mind intended to balance them.

After the loud clonk, loosed profane draconic before clasping his pale human face with his hands, "Oi! I'm tallblood! Wanted to be warmer 'bold, not a tallblood! Can't fit in my own bed! Shoulda known nothin's ever free."

Pulling up his shirt, barely keeping upright, poked at his chest then pulled the kilt out and mused, "Which one of the tallbloods has the nipples again? Wait, no, they both must. Still got the right parts at least."

Loveless, A Cat: The water was nice, relaxing, warm... It melted all the anxiety and worries away to a point he had never even thought he'd be experiencing. So much, that it seemed that he had fallen asleep- The words of the hostess' answer had come back to mind, what if it had been a trick? What if he was about to wake up in a bathtub filled with ice and one of his kidneys missing?!

He panicked for a moment but- Then realized there was no cold, or pain... But neither was there the typical weight of the heavy hiding clothing that he was so used to. Sooo were they safe? Where they not safe?? Where in the world even is everybody?!

~~~

Dylan was one of the last to wake up from the spa. It was quite ironic, considering that he had been the first in the spa after all. When he awoke, the very first thing he noticed about the room was that it was full of mirrors. Like an absurd amount of them. Sure, he had remembered most of the encounter and the "sobering" up, but it felt more like a dream then a memory. Of course, all notations of the thing beng a dream was thrown out the window when he saw his appearance. He was taller, broader, he had chest hair poking out of this... black t-shirt and blue jeans. He had a full beard and a beautiful head of hair. He looked about 30. " I thought she was fucking joking, turns out she was being serious." He turned to the kobold. " Looks like you are a guy like all of- well, most- actually, I don't see the girl from earlier. Weird. I assume from the speech you are the kobold. You look like about how old I was, maybe a bit younger, around 5 to 6 feet tall, so yeah, there is that. This feels suspiciously off though."

~~~

Loveless, A Cat: It was only once the other had spelled it out that Charlie realized that something was missing and that was the ever-suffocating weight of wearing a binder. In a desperate motion as if gasping for air after being underwater for long, he pat his chest over and over again, and the no longer existing curves and could only weep in joy.

"It worked!", the blonde young man ended up announcing out loud, unable to contain his excitement. He was also, having a moment as he weirdly hugged himself, "It's like my dreams, minus the funky powers..."

And then it hit him-

"How am I supposed to explain this to anybody...?", oh no, was that the sketchy part of the deal?! He was such an idiot!

littlekreen: Clec shielded his eyes from the lights, "Tallblood life must be stressful. I just have to fend off that raised tail Alte I guess. I still want my horns back!"

~~~

Dylan raised an eyebrow at both of them and just stared at both of them. " Not the problem I'm talking about either." He gestured to the millions of mirrors around them. " You see any doors out of here?"

~~~

littlekreen: Clec tried taking his shirt off but just ended up on his hind end instead, "Agh, I can't balance without a tail! It feels like it's numb!"
Still trying to get the shirt off, "wrap yer hand and try to whack some mirrors. We got in here somehow, yeah?"

Loveless, A Cat: Charlie was caught by surprise by one of the others promptly dismissing his concern, well, more like presenting a new, more urgent one. For a moment, the blonde young man had been in silence, glancing around the room trying to reaffirm or deny the new statement... Unfortunately, he was right, there was nothing but mirrors around, those same mirror he had so intensely avoided all his life.

"...Oh, oh no-", in the world of dreams, it would be all very easy! Just think up a door and it would materialize itself, most of time! But here... It really meant that they were trapped... "Shatter them...?"

It was a dangerous idea, but it could work if there was a door hidden behind one of these... Getting up with a hop, which woooa change of perspective, weird-, Charlie looked around the room to see if there was anything he could weaponize for that purpose. Next disadvantage of real life, can't change objects into other objects either!

~~~

Dylan knew that the ex-kobold had a point aboy whacking the mirrors, but he didn't want to break his hand. He instead walked over to the kobold. " Here, take my hand and use me to balance yourself. I don't think you will find taking the shirt off will offer you anything," he replied back at him.

Around the room was a million mirrors as mentioned and nothing else except them. Well, not nothing. On the floor was a knife, but it was dull.

Loveless, A Cat: "Well, we're not trying to really 'cut' anything...", Charlie thought to himself as he had found the knife.

He tested it for a bit, trying to hold it by the blade instead of by the handle, soft at first, just to feel how it reacted, but then actually gripping it. Was it dull enough to do this safely or at least, without cutting one's fingers right through? Not that the pain would be anything new to him but-

littlekreen: Clec stood up though kept having to remember to put his feet down against the ground, "Feel like I'm walkin on stubs! Thanks, uh, Dyin? Wrap your shirt so the mirror don't cut so easy. Sure don't look like there's doorknobs in here!"

~~~

Dylan looked at Clec. " It's Dylan, but close enough for someone whose first language wasn't probably sure. Oh, I do understand what you mean, but to put it nicely, humans are a bit more fragile and considering we don't know who or what is on the other side, I don't exactly want broken bones.

The knife while being moved and tested would change and morph itself into a sword. Probably a bit more useful for cutting a mirror.

~~~

Loveless, A Cat: Well, he wasn't cut but... This was still the opposite of what Charlie wanted, the sword would make it a lot more troublesome to hit the mirror with the handle rather than the blade. Would a mirror even get cut against a sword?? It's solid glass, isn't it? Unless... Unless it wasn't.

"Welp, here goes nothing as they say.", he wasn't too sure of how to wield a sword either given his knight was more of the illusionist kind. But hey, maybe if he willed to mirror to be as flimsy as paper this completely weird idea would actually work.

And so, it was time to cut through a mirror??? Or fail miserably. That was always an option.

littlekreen: Clec finally stood up and stared at his other hand then looked between Dylan and Charlie, "Dragon kin ain't so soft. Too many adventurers killing us! So get at it pale softie! I can't swing the magic sharp pole and stay standin!"

~~~

Dylan just looked over at Clec and turned to him. " I'm not exactly verse in sword to sword combat, so it really is on you, man," he awkwardly replied. It would seem that somehow, no matter how impossible it seemed, the sword was able to cut through the glass and an opening appeared. " Hey, you want to hop on my back so you don't trip on your way out?" He asked the new human

~~~

Loveless, A Cat: ...It, worked? Holy shit, maybe he actually had powers in the real world now! ..........Or maybe this wasn't the real world- Or maybe someone was just playing with them. He was leaning on the second option the most.

"Nothing about this should make sense, the fact that it does is- Just very suspicious...", the young man muttered out-loud, somehow feeling like this was about to get worse. If this was another battle-royale kind of thing he was jumping out of a window as soon they found one-, "Also, my name is Charlie, just call me that."

Into the rip into space or whatever it was! ...Remind him to never trust free services ever again.

littlekreen: Clec's eyebrow raised at the slice through the wall. Dragon business and dragon play both looked a lot like this. A lot of the time their old subservient habits caught them out forgetting to question free stuff. He grinned at Dylan though, "Oi I've always wanted to ride a human! Deal! Onward, mighty charlie! Stab all the things! My little jellies are getting into trouble somewhere!"

At least his top half wasn't useless, ready to hook his arms under then over the front of Dylan's shoulders as to not neck the new guy.

~~~

Dylan didn't think the ex-kobold quite knew that particular phrasing had a very different meaning when it was said like that. He didn't mind carrying him as he had done it with his own siblings and he paused as he easily managed to get Clec around him. THis was another fully formed human. Sure he was a bit more muscular, but this felt different. Almost supernatural. But in the blink of an eye.....

This seemed to be the least concering thing as they found themselves surrounded by skyscrapers. " Well- this is going to get weird."

To be Continued in " A New LIfe Before You."

Status
Not open for further replies.