OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP! Festival of the Damned - October 15th @ 6PM Central

Added to Calendar: 10-15-20

ARE YOU ATTENDING?


  • Total voters
    10

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female

FESTIVAL OF THE DAMNED
OCTOBER 15TH @ 6PM Central Time​

Once a year, at the first Full Moon of Autumn, the local village of Rowanfel celebrates Reaper's Night with The Festival of the Damned. A tradition that goes back for a thousand years as a way to appease still-roaming spirits and prevent them from harming the living. Very few remember the origins of everyone's favorite traditions. Why endless sweet baked goods are shared. Why a stag is sacrificed and it's antlers burned in the bonfire with dried bushels of sage. Why you are only allowed to light orange candles. The festival is a fun day of spooky things and celebration! People are contented to be merry, celebrate with their friends and family, and enjoy this traditional heralding of the fall.

But on this Reaper's Night, a group of troublemakers have decided to wander out to the cemetery and have their own party. And this may be the greatest terror of their lives! Someone will make a grave mistake and learn why superstitions and traditions are no laughing matter.


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: This is a HIGH FANTASY SETTING. You're in the village of Rowenfel for one reason or another. You can be one of the troublemaking teenagers hanging out in the graveyard, or somebody else!

WHEN: OCTOBER 15TH - THURSDAY @ 6PM CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 9PM.

WHERE: Join us in the FESTIVAL OF THE DAMNED chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

A Life of Cinn

Lord of Cinn and Debauchery
Invitation Status
Look for groups, Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, sci-fi, modern, comedy, cosmic and psychological horror.
Would we post our character here?
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn Yes! 8D If you have a char sheet or pictures, or just wanna throw nonsense out, you can post it here.
 

A Life of Cinn

Lord of Cinn and Debauchery
Invitation Status
Look for groups, Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, sci-fi, modern, comedy, cosmic and psychological horror.
Name: Friedrich Alden Von Rosalin, age 32

Look: A frazzled blond adult male, fairly tall and muscular. Has a shifty look about him. Wearing a thick red tunic and a customized bag with gardening implements. Carrying a spade.

Why is he there: Instructed by his superiors to make sure, by all means necessary, the graveyard is not disrupted in any way on Reaper's Night.

"I'm this graveyard's weekend gardener, if you stay clear the flowers, there won't be no trouble."
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
This is our next upcoming charp! Don't forget to show up a few minutes beforehand so I can do a head count!
 

Mini

chaos creater
Invitation Status
Look for groups, Looking for partners
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Odd times of the day, sometimes for hours, or maybe just a few minutes, I don't have a scheduled time to be on. I'm on when I'm on, sorry!
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Magical, Romance
hMmM...i have an idea for a char....can i make one that can see ghosts and interact with them on a very small scale...? if not...meh that's cool too xD i can change my idea or something...​
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
You can indeed make a character that can see and interact with ghosts if you want. 8D
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
This charp is toniiiight!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
The Golden Fox

1602789247670.png

Name: Sharandula Molchaniye Zoloto
Profession: Bandit/Swashbuckler
Nickname: Shara
Alias: Ceridwyn of the Meadows
Alias: The Golden Fox
Age: 14
Appearance: Short red hair, blue eyes, short, wiry build, almost always wears a mischievous smirk. Shara dresses in nondescript boys' clothes, usually a billowy shirt and pants, buckskin boots, and a matching waistcoat. When "in action" as the Golden Fox, she also wears a mottled orange-yellow hooded cloak with "fox ears" sewn onto the hood and an orange-yellow scarf wrapped around to hide her face.

Bio: Shara was born into the Zoloto Clan, a nomadic tribe of traders, performers, and providers of dubiously moral services. From her father, she learned the art of the rapier and dagger, how to pick locks and pockets, climbing and parkour, and how to get into and out of tight spaces. From her mother she learned how to cheat at gamble with cards and dice, a few cantrips for the talent of minor sorcery that runs in her family, some tricks of prestidigitation to make her magic seem more powerful than it is, and fortune-telling. From other members of the tribe, she picked up some skill in disguise and smuggling. She is not a master at any of these things, though her level of overconfidence might create that impression among the young and naive.

One day while plying their trades in the port city of Iskandahr, the Zolotos were rounded up in a progrom and confined to a workhouse. Shara narrowly escaped, but her parents didn't. Since then, she has taken up the life of a minor bandit, trying to scrape together enough money to buy her parents' freedom. When she can, she prefers to "rob from the rich to give to the poor," though her actions aren't quite as selfless as that sounds. In return for the occasional bit of help, she gets modest support from marginalized communities, such as places to hide out, and the occasional bit of rumor intel.

So far, she's managed to stay one step ahead of the authorities, and that's just the way she likes it.
 

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female, No Preferences
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
LOGS TIME

  • Diana Diana :
    WELCOME TO FESTIVAL OF THE DAMNED!
    Today at 6:30 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    All of my roleplays are NEWBIE FRIENDLY so if you're ever confused or need help, I am in the main chat to guide you.
    Today at 6:32 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    ChaRPs can be FAST PACED, so make sure you TYPE BRIEF POSTS. Keep them to 10 sentences or less so it's easier for people to read quickly and no one misses details.
    Today at 6:33 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Pay attention to posts in this bright bold yellow for they are game master posts and contain important plotty stuff happening.
    Today at 6:34 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 6:38 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    We open to late afternoon in the small town of Rowenfel, where soon the sun will set. Most of the village is out in the town making merry and singing songs, building up the bonfire for the festival stag. Though a few have completely disregarded the wishes of their parents and have snuck off to the graveyard for a little merrymaking of their own.
    Today at 6:55 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara's lips twitched in a little grin as she spotted the group headed away from the main festivities, toward the graveyard. Several of them had harassed her and others who lived on the low end of town. Now she would have her chance to relieve the more well-to-do among them of their coin purses, and perhaps give them a healthy scare while she was at it. She pulled up her hood and mask and followed them on silent feet, shifting from shadow to shadow to stay out of their sight.
    Today at 7:01 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie watched from a distance, hoodie hiding his entire face and body because he didn’t like being noticed. He glared at the random people that would sing near him, hating the noise. The boy had dressed up as a wolf, spiked collar with a matching leash hanging from his neck at a dangerously low angle. Frankie wanted to be eating candy but he was too introverted to be around any of the humans which led to him letting out a rather tired sigh.
    Today at 7:04 PM
  • Dawn:
    Among the group of trouble-seeking teens was Arlo Kravets. Barely seventeen and pretty in the face, and yet the young man had an interesting knack for blending in and going unnoticed alongside the louder, more vibrant people in his friend circle. He was cool and calm, graceful and reserved. Hazel eyes swept the group he was sneaking off with, before settling back on the path they were traversing to the graveyard. A cool wind ruffled the group, fluffing up his already wildly curly hair.
    Today at 7:10 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara heard a sigh, and noticed the presence of another hooded figure lurking nearby. A wolf outfit, or maybe a dog, if the collar and leash were anything to go by. No match for the quickness and cunning of the Golden Fox to be sure! But she would keep an eye on him just in case.
    Today at 7:15 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa smiled bittersweetly at the townsfolk going about their merriment from her own quiet spot just outside the crowds. It was not so long ago that Mera, her own daughter, would run and frolic amongst her friends, riding the sugar high of a half dozen baked treats eaten far too early. Alas, tragedy had struck her family and taken Mera far sooner than the Maker had planned, and now Reaper's Night had a far more somber feel for the ex-mother. Still, not wanting to put a damper on the other families' enjoyment, she lifted the hood of her cloak over her faded gold hair, heading into the graveyards to pay her respects and hope her daughter's spirit was still at ease.
    Today at 7:16 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie pulled the hood down on his hoodie, scratching his mostly black hair (apart from the few strands that were bright neon pink). He watched as some children ate candy, drooling himself without realising what he was doing. The seventeen year old wasn’t very intellectual for his age.
    Today at 7:19 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Friedrich Alden Von Rosalin plunged his spade into a mound of loose earth, flowers freshly planted around a new grave. He knew about Reaper's Night. He knew that there would be trouble. At least, they could try.
    Edited
    Today at 7:20 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Seline is a perfectly well behaved young lady and is prowling around to boss people around who aren't following the rules, even if they are a year or two older than her perfectly adult sixteen years. She even has a SASH that says Festival Helper. At the moment she is hiding in the bushes waiting to ambush the first silly person to try and sneak into the graveyard after dark so she can send them back home where they belong.
    Today at 7:32 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa's footsteps knew where to take her. They'd been down this path countless times already, and likely would continue to travel it many more. Clutching a small arrangement of her daughter's favorite flowers, she kept her head down as she walked through the graveyard, aware of the children playing nearby but too lost in her own thoughts to worry herself with what they might be doing.
    Today at 7:34 PM
  • CoffeeCake:
    Adelaide Rogan stood up and stretched. She had been using her own coat as a sort of picnic blanket while she knitted and reviewed her scrolls, looking up from time to time to enjoy the changing colors of the sky. But now she didn't feel like dirtying her feet, so she beckoned her boots, and they hopped toward her, heel-first like miniature sack-racers. She lazily stepped into them, letting them tie themselves, as her coat seemed to whip itself up from the ground onto her back. She slipped her bare arms into the sleeves, and the garment seemed to shiver like a wet dog, shaking free any grass or twigs it might have picked up. It was her first Reaper's Day since "going fulltime" as a--Could she call herself a mage or sorceress yet? She wasn't sure, but at least she was free of the mill, and that alone was worth it. Now that the sun was getting lower, she could better get on with her agenda.
    Today at 7:34 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Friedrich could hear scuffing shoes and muffled gossip breach the silent sanctity of the graveyard. Where they clustered came drama, destruction, and uproar. They tread upon the path... for now. He wasn't too ancient himself, but schoolchildren were very good at getting under his skin, and on his nerves. He looked towards the entrance gates, the voices and footfalls transmitted from down the hill. They would be arriving shortly. But.. he saw something else. A person, young and wearing a shiny sash, hiding in the bushes. Couldn't be Olissa. Must be a nuisance. He began making his way to the gates.
    Edited
    Today at 7:36 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    As she caught her first sight of the gravestones in the slanting orange light of sunset, Shara felt a hint of foreboding. Then she shook it off; the Reaper was just one more gendarme to stay one step ahead of.
    Today at 7:36 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie had heard about the graveyard and how pretty teenagers all hung around there. He had always wanted to go see for himself but never had the courage, not knowing how to talk to others. The Male was always super rude or super stupid during his first impressions. Frankie walked close to the Graveyard fence and admired the inside, it seemed so beautiful. He jumped the fence without hesitation and walked threw to a steep hill, laying down to gaze up at the stars.
    Today at 7:36 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    At first sight of Arlo's band of bad (at least in her opinion) teens, Seline jumped out from her hiding spot with her broom. "And just what do you lot think you're doing! The festivities are back in the main square! Disperse right now, hooligans!"
    Today at 7:40 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie was so relaxed that he almost zoned off to sleep but that didn’t happen. The defenceless teen jumped out of his skin when some random girl came after him whilst yelling and pointing her broom at him. He sat up and started rubbing his arms to try and get rid of the goosebumps “leave me alone! I’m not causing trouble, just star gazing” he yelled at her, snatching the broom on impulse before snapping it, throwing it over the fence.
    Today at 7:43 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "EXCUSE ME, But throwing personal belongings over the fence is Prohibited, capisce?", Friedrich shouted from within the graveyard. He knelt down and carefully picked the pieces up from a patch of freshly turned soil. "You can get this back in the morning, when we are open again."
    Edited
    Today at 7:46 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara had to choke back a chuckle as the girl jumped out of the bushes to...well...ambush her targets. She wore a sash with a shiny tin badge, and spoke with the infinite command of one with only a tiny little bit of authority. Then wolf/dog boy got in an altercation with her. While they were all busy with each other, Shara slipped past, pulled down her mask, put on a sad face, and slipped up to the mourner. "Hello. I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my dear uncle this last year. And you?"
    Edited
    Today at 7:46 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Bad move, wolfboy," Arlo chuckled softly, hands moving through his wild hair to try to tame it, boyish smile on his lips.
    Today at 7:46 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He just snorted before blinking and realising what he had done. Frankie looked down at his hands in disbelief before looking back up at all these people, hands slipping into his pockets because of discomfort.
    Today at 7:47 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Seline's affronted scream disturbed a flock of crows just as the sun began to set. It came with a stomp of a foot. "None of you are allowed out here! Really, even the crying lady shouldn't be either, but at least she has a good reason!" She almost shoved Frankie, but since Arlo seemed to take responsibility for him, she shoved Arlo instead. "Go back to the festival! It's the rules!"
    Today at 7:48 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Whoa, Seline! He's not with us," Arlo assured, holding up his hands in peaceful defense. He'd stumbled back a few steps at the shove. "We're here to get a better view of the stars. No clue who puppy breath is."
    Today at 7:50 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie physically shuddered “I will not go out there with all those people” he yelled at her, folding his arms childishly and kicking soil at her. The teen also stuck his tongue out at Arlo when he called him puppybreath “the names Frankie” he muttered, eyes trailing away. It would be a lie if Frankie didn’t think Arlo was hot.
    Today at 7:51 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa wasn't fond of being called the crying lady - Seline was so loud she was sure even the dead could hear - but paid it no mind. She had nearly arrived at her daughter's gravesite when a golden-haired child wandered into her path. The lady offered her a soft smile of condolence, although... it was Reaper's Night, so she wasn't yet altogether sure if this was a trick. "My daughter Mera," she answered. "What was your uncle's name?"
    Today at 7:52 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Yeah, Town Patrol, we're just here for the stars!" chimed in one of the girls with Arlo, she had a basket full of treats, including a bunch of candles and what looked like a Mage's Board.
    Today at 7:52 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Friedrich was bewildered by Seline's efforts to do the job for him. The children seemed hazardous. Most of them, at least. He decided to avoid unnecessary bloodshed on Reaper's Night. "Excuse me. Is anyone here simply to pay respects?"
    Edited
    Today at 7:54 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    "I am," Olissa responded aloud in Friedrich's direction, lifting the small bundle of flowers she held in her hand and giving them a little indicative shake.
    Edited
    Today at 7:56 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "Good, please mind the flower beds. They are freshly planted.", then, addressing the rest of the rabble, "As for you lot - Kindly move along, unless you want me to get my shovel."
    Today at 7:58 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie would shake his head ‘no’ but looked back up at the stars. At the threat of a shovel, he did move back a little “I have bipolar, I came here to escape all the people and not have a fit about it” he mumbled softly but loud enough for everyone to hear.
    Today at 7:58 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    A look of pain flashed across Shara's face when 'the crying lady' said that she was here to mourn her daughter. One of the things Father would say when he scolded her for taking too big a risk was, 'A parent should never have to bury a child.' But now she was on the spot, and worst of all, the grave-keeper's attention was more or less aimed her way. She gave a nod and whispered, 'Dragovir,' for the woman's ears but not his. He would know there (probably) wasn't a grave here with that name.
    Today at 7:59 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    DONGDONG. DONGDONG. DONGDONG. The bell in town square heralding the final setting of the sun. The sky was a beautiful display of pinks and dark violets, of stars and the shining crescent moon.
    Today at 8:00 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Friedrich sighed. He knew the feeling. He told Frankie, "O..kay. Once more, do be careful. Tonight, nothing must be disturbed. Whatsoever!"
    Today at 8:00 PM
  • Dawn:
    A glimmer of annoyance crossed Arlo's face due to the groundskeeper, but it was gone just as quickly as it had come and his pretty, tired hazel gaze grew soft, matching his smile. "I'm here to come to terms with my loss. My friends are here to support me."
    Today at 8:00 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    He was tired. And sick of speaking to children. He decided to humor them, instead of manually sorting everyone. "Listen, everyone. Fine. You are allowed to enter. But I see ONE upturned leaf, and I'm getting the shovel and digging a few fresh ones, aight?"
    Today at 8:02 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He let out a sigh of relief “thank you... I’m just here to watch stars” he told the other who asked them to leave, looking back up at them. It made Frankie feel better that he wouldn’t have to leave. Frankie turned his attention onto Arlo when he spoke, it was such a lie but he didn’t blow his cover. He did end up staring at his ass for a couple of seconds though, blushing and looking away.
    Today at 8:03 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "And leave the quiet ones alone", he added as he turned and head to his break box. A repurposed crypt that hadn't had anyone claim their place.
    Edited
    Today at 8:04 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Yeah, right! Shara thought as one of the guys tried to pass himself off as a mourner. She couldn't really fault him though, seeing as she was doing the same thing--but a much better job of it, if she said so herself.
    Today at 8:05 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara hadn't figured on their being so many 'innocents' in the graveyard. With the grave-keeper and Her Royal Highness, Queen of the Sash, plus wolf-boy and the mourner on hand, her marks would have a harder time getting busy with their revels, which in turn would make it much harder to sneak up on them.
    Today at 8:08 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    "Dragovir... Dragovir," she repeated the name to herself. "I'm not familiar with that one." Olissa had grown somewhat accustomed to the names she'd pass on her way to her daughter's burial site, though she did take the same path every time and there were plenty of graves she'd not read. Olissa did notice, however, that the girl before hadn't specified to the groundskeeper that she was here to pay respects. "Are you here to visit your uncle Dragovir? Perhaps we can go together."
    Today at 8:09 PM
  • Dawn:
    They didn't plan to upturn any leaves. At least Arlo didn't think so. It hadn't been his plan at all, but he was a good mediator for the group so he'd spoken up, and it had worked. Good. Now they wouldn't have to find a way to sneak in and he wouldn't have to subtly convince his friends to keep going with the plan.... He was careful as he picked his way through the sea of tombstones, his left hand caressing the headposts for the eternally slumbering, feeling their pockmarks on his fingertips. Time and weather had etched a story into each one.
    Today at 8:12 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Seline looked pretty frustrated herself because of course she didn't believe these kids were just out to honor the dead! So she was stomping after the group of teens to make sure they didn't do anything terrible. "I know you're up to something," she muttered under her breath.
    Today at 8:13 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Poodoo! Shara thought. But...she was a quick thinker. "Well...he's not in this graveyard. He's in Iskandahr." That was true enough, but he was still on top of the ground, imprisoned in a workhouse there. "But they say the Veil is thinner on Reaper's Night, and this is the closest I can get to him...but...we could go to your daughter's grave. I'm very sorry. I really can't imagine..."
    Today at 8:15 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "How old was she?" Shara asked.
    Today at 8:17 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie watched Arlo walk away in the distance, drooling a little and licking his lips at the view of his ass. He had to resist the urge to compliment it. The Male went back to star gazing until he heard rustling in the background and screamed, shooting up and running away. He ran threw a leaf pile and fell on Arlo, turned out that the rustling was a raccoon (Gubba)
    Edited
    Today at 8:19 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Arlo's passel of pesky teens made their way back to one of the stone mausoleum buildings where many ash filled urns sat on display. One of the girls laughed at Arlo's predicament with Frankie while a boy made a snide comment about Seline's sash. These shenanigans were all in good fun for them and the girl found a good place to setup her Mage's Board.
    Today at 8:22 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    The kids were in. He'd dreaded their intrusion, but several of them seemed responsible enough, even despite their shiftiness. In addition, he had a shovel. Not that he'd actually smack anyone. The threats usually worked well enough. His crypt-break-room was high on the hill, perfect to get a 270 degree view of the graveyard, and the terrain carried his voice all the way down. He could see the fox-ish one with the mourning girl. The shiftiest one and the wolfish one. And the future-gravekeeper in the sash following the group as a whole. Was there others he missed? Hopefully not...
    Today at 8:23 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    On any other night, Olissa would probably have accepted a request to accompany her to her daughter's gravesite. On Reaper's Night, though, the girl's request gave her a bit of pause. But she had opened this door by requesting first, and it would be a bit rude to not accept it in return. "Of course, it's not much further." She led the way, lifting her gaze for a moment at the other children in the graveyard before returning her thoughts to the girl beside her. "Mera was only nine," her voice quavered. "Horseback riding accident... she never awoke."
    Today at 8:24 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    As the gloom of night fell over the graveyard, the place was really starting to get to Shara. Whether she liked it or not, Death was the gendarme that caught up with everyone. Plus, the woman's pain put a real damper on the idea of a night of high adventure and hijinks pulling one over on the others. The sound of commotion caused her to scowl at the others, but then she turned back to the woman. Nine. Old enough to have escaped the shadow of early childhood mortality, young enough to have been deprived of a real shot at life. "I'm so sorry."
    Today at 8:27 PM
  • Dawn:
    Arlo toppled to the ground in a not so graceful way, having been practically tackled from behind. Palms out, chin up to avoid eating dirt! He was down for less than a minute before he was pushing the wolfboy off of him and sitting up. Leaves now decorated his brunette curly mess and his eyes had shone a brilliant blue before he'd blinked and they were back to hazel again. "That was rude, Fuzzball," he sighed, dusting himself off and climbing to his feet. A friend offered him a hankie for his palms, because surely they must be bleeding, but he just smiled and shook his head, insisting he was fine, that the ground was soft enough. "Why are you following us?" he asked the wolfboy, cocking a thick eyebrow as he spotted Seline trailing behind. "You too."
    Today at 8:27 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Because you're up to no good, and I plan to catch you and tell everyone all about it! Maybe they'll even toss you in the town jail for a night or to." Seline was quite certain that was where he'd end up eventually.
    Today at 8:29 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    A few of them entered the mausoleum... "Damn them." He didn't have any eyes on the inside (of the structure), so he grabbed his shovel and carefully head downhill to investigate.
    Today at 8:30 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie would blush furiously at the position he was in, almost inches from Arlo’s beautiful face. He pushed himself off and looked at his scraped knee. At the name ‘fuzz ball’ and accused of following the other, he scoffed “I told you, my name is Frankie! And I wasn’t following you. I got startled” he said. Frankie now looked like a mess, covered in dirt with one wolf ear bent.
    Today at 8:31 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The two girls of the group seemed to be the fledgling witches with the grand ideas, for they were the ones that sat down on the mausuleum floor with the Mage's Board and set it up. "Oh! We should get one of the urns!" One of the girls suggested. Shrugging, a boy obliged, picking one of the many porcelain urns off the shelves and offering it to her. "Light the candles, okay? We need one of each."
    Today at 8:34 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Seline, it's because you have that attitude that you have no friends," Arlo teased. "We're about to prove something, okay? So come watch quietly. You too, Frankie was it?"
    Today at 8:35 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "I have A LOT of friends!" shouted Seline, much to the annoyance of the evening crows and anyone with ears. "What you guys are doing is probably illegal! And stupid!" Curiosity had her though, so even though she should've been running off to tattle, she was still there.
    Today at 8:37 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    A quiet voice came from the back. "Perhaps you should... respect the dead?" It was scarcely even a whisper in the darkness, the figure half-hidden in shadow. When they stepped out, it was to reveal a too-pale face covered in red bumps and flushed with fever. Unfocused eyes of a strangely minty hue stared at the group. Their name, written on a band on their wrist, was apparently 'Thein'.
    Today at 8:38 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie tilted his head “p-prove something? That sounds dangerous” he whispered softly until the voice made him jump, hiding behind Arlo in impulse.
    Today at 8:39 PM
  • Dawn:
    "But you won't know how stupid unless you stick around, right?" He'd got her. She was too curious to run off yet and by the time she figured it out, it would be too late. "Wanna sit with me?" he asked Frankie, chuckling a little at how skittish the guy was. Arlo didn't seem at all unnerved by the new arrival. In fact, his gaze held theirs for a too-long moment before gliding away again. He offered his hand to Frankie, to lead him further into the crypt.
    Today at 8:41 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    "No need to be," she dismissed the girl's sorrows; Olissa did appreciate the girl's empathy, which seemed genuine enough. "When she first passed I was here weeping over her grave almost every night. But I've made my peace with the Maker. She always loved Reaper's Night, which is why I'm here," the mother mused wistfully as she knelt by her daughter's grave site, laying the flowers she'd collected by the headstone. Standing up, she clasped her hands together, bowing her head and closing her eyes as she quietly mouthed words of longing for her lost daughter.
    Today at 8:41 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    As the gravekeeper approached, he began to hear the fuel for his nightmares. Children, giggling, yelping in surprise, whispering to each other. Nothing good ever came out of children messing around in mausoleums. He couldn't believe how long he let them stay in there. There were flickering lights - candles. Anything but a fire, oh dear -
    Today at 8:42 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara clenched her teeth. What part of 'don't disturb anything' don't they understand? she thought. They were already making a racket. That wouldn't have bothered her so much, except for the poor woman who just wanted some peace and quiet to mourn her daughter. As they reached Mera's gravesite, she decided she'd had enough. Curses! I don't have an offering! She hadn't actually come to mourn the dead so... So, she fished about in her pockets and came up with a silver piece, then knelt quietly and put it in Mera's offering-bowl. "Excuse me, I'm going to go deal with those jerks."
    Today at 8:42 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie would feel his cheeks turning red, butterflies in his stomach and tail ‘wagging’. He reached out and took the hand, trembling a little with each movement they took. “I would like to sit with you” he said softly, body tense
    Today at 8:44 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "I hope when my body is placed here... it won't be disturbed by the likes of y-" Thein started to cough, a disturbingly wet sound, before choking back and trying to speak again, "Get... get out of my home..."
    Today at 8:44 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The giggling girls setup their candles, a rainbow of different colors but none of them orange, and placed their pilfered urn inside a circle of salt. The set down an offering of sweet cakes, and then began their chanting with the Mage's Board. The boys were a lot less interested in what the girls were doing, except for occasionally trying to spook one and starting a fresh round of giggles.
    Today at 8:45 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    There was so much dust in that old place, it would surely burst into flames, and his job! And the spirits! He finally breached the doorway, shovel in hand, red tunic lit by candlelight. Friedrich shouted "I don't know what's going on but there will be no fires in the mausoleum!"
    Today at 8:46 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder hadn't been planning to come to the graveyard. He had planned on skipping the festivities altogether, but he had spotted some of his classmates wonder into the graveyard. He would look over with a sigh. " I have a feeling that my classmates are doing something stupid."
    Today at 8:47 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Old Friedrich ended up being the one to give them the biggest spook of all! The girls screamed, the boys jolted, an urn of ash crashed to the floor and shattered. The commotion made the candles flicker out! For a long moment (once the girls stopped squealing) there was nothing but a dead silence.
    Today at 8:47 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Of course the motion caused Frankie to curse and scream like a little girl, the Male wrapping his arms around Arlo and trembling. Frankie would not let go of the braver Male.
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara slipped away, seeming to vanish into the shadows as she pulled up her scarf to hide her face, and crept up on the crypt, barely managing to duck behind a scraggly tree to avoid detection by the grave-keeper. I have a baaaad feeling about this, she thought as she peered through the mausoleum door at the scene within.
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Everyone seemed to be ignoring them. Thein's eyes narrowed, and dark lips clenched together. They looked up sluggishly at the entrance of Old Friedrich, only for all to be cast into darkness in the following chaos. Half of what was happening didn't register through their haze, but the candles' smoke set them into another coughing fit. A sound of wet spatter and the scent of blood broke the silence.
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Of course Seline heard the crash of broken porcelain and immediately her hands went up to her mouth. THAT couldn't have been a good things, and now they were all going to be a world of trouble. She doubted it was a jar of honey!
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Oh dear, thought Friedrich. If anything were to offend his employers, it would be this incident. Ashes, all over the floor.
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • Dawn:
    His hand, Frankie would find, was incredibly cold. The high-necked top he wore had been shifted in their tumble and now the neck sat lower on him. The hint of black and blue peeked out from over the top hem. His hand tightened a little on Frankie's at the intrusion of the groundskeeper, though Frankie quickly deposited himself into Arlo's lap.
    Today at 8:50 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Maybe we should get back to town, you sound like you need to," Seline spoke shakily to the coughing one. Not at all because she was scared and knew this was all trouble, No sir.
    Today at 8:50 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder had to wonder how he could not be here. He liked the other girl's suggestion, but remained quiet
    Today at 8:50 PM
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "Everyone. Out.", Friedrich said, shaking a bit. "Right now!" He waved a shovel menacingly. Partially at the collection of narrators, who call him Old Friedrich. he is not that old, he insists.
    Today at 8:51 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein stumbled forward, hoping to escape the ash-and-smoke filled room. Their coughing continued, and blood mixed into the ashes and fell to the floor as they stumbled out.
    Today at 8:52 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie remained in Arlo’s lap, trembling like a spooked kitten. He sniffled, both ears now drooping because he had squished them with Arlo’s chest. The second he saw the sight of blood, he began to cry like a baby. It probably felt like Arlo was babysitting!
    Today at 8:52 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Stay," insisted a different voice. One that no one recognized and seemed to echo all over the graveyard. No one could see where it was coming from though. The once nice and homely looking graveyard was now starting to fill up with swirling mist. Where did the gates go?
    Today at 8:53 PM
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa's prayer for her daughter was cut short by the sound of ceramic shattering. Her eyes shot open, gaze turning in the direction of the mausoleum. The girl who had accompanied her here was nowhere to be found. She did say she was planning to help silence the other kids, but Olissa wondered whether even that was a Reaper's Night prank.
    Today at 8:53 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder looked at the blood. " Who are you?" Ryder asked.
    Today at 8:53 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Oh, right, that does it! Shara thought. She ducked out of sight of the door, then cupped her hands over her mouth, aimed close to the mausoleum's decor. "Whoooo daaares to disturb our slumberrrr" she hissed, "Now feeeel the cooold touch of DEAAAAATTTHH!"
    Today at 8:53 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The Male would weep “I want to go home”
    Today at 8:54 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein emerged from the smoky and dusty mausoleum, blood on their hands and chin from their violent coughing.
    Today at 8:55 PM
  • Dawn:
    It was too late, gravekeeper. Arlo carefully set Frankie to the side, patting his head and offering him a gentle smile. A part of him felt a little guilty for what was going to happen. He rose to his feet, dusting himself off, completely fine with the fog and with the voice. He was completely fine. Everything would be fine soon.
    Today at 8:58 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Wait, who was that? Shara thought. She pressed herself to the mausoleum wall, frozen as still as the bas-reliefs, letting the shadows of her form blend in with theirs as the others started to tumble out. Easy marks now, served 'em right...but now there were tendrils of mist spreading out to envelop everything, and she had a distinct feeling that none of the chowderheads inside was good enough at ventriloquism to be that other voice.
    Today at 8:59 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie would whimper like a puppy when he was put down, finding the lap oddly comforting. He hugged his knees and continued to sob “if I die, I want you to know that your hot and I want to ask you out but I’m a pussy” he blubbered, not realising he said that out loud
    Today at 8:59 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein pushed past the gravekeeper. One pale hand spread blood on the old man's chest, then collapsed to the ground immediately outside. They wore what seemed to be a knit coat over a hospital gown, and a wristband labeled them as 'Thein'. Blood, pox, and fever-flush marred their androgynous and ashen face as they continued to cough, their lungs afire.
    59 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "EAH! What in the- who ARE you?", exclaimed Friedrich Alden Von Rosalin, unknowingly grateful for his red vest, which made it so he didn't notice the bloody handprint. He hadn't seen this child enter. This.. pale.. and .. was he dead?
    56 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "Thank you for setting me free," said the disembodied voiced. Soon those reckless teens screamed again, one screaming so hard she passed out and dropped to the floor. The rest of them scattered, shoving past Arlo and Frankie and Seline. Not even looking twice at the crying mother or the groundskeeper. They just ran into the mist.
    56 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " You're welcome?" Ryder replied, half questioning if it was something they should bee thanked for.
    54 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Grunt! At least one of the teenagers ran right over Thein. The sick person wheezed and blinked rapidly, trying not to pass out.
    54 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    During the chaos Seline hadn't said a word. She was still just standing there were her hands over her mouth, frozen in terror! Things had gone so terribly wrong! She told them so!
    53 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    The sudden confession put hot coals in the pit of his stomach, but it wasn't enough to bring a blush to his face. He wasn't capable of that anymore. The guilt though, it expanded in his chest like rising dough, threatening to suffocate him. His face remained neutral, even as the rest of his friends scattered. He was curious though. The voice was his only hope at this point. He'd tried to do it on his own so many times over the past week. Each and every time had failed. He wasn't any stronger than he had been in life. He was still just a week, pretty-faced boy with bruises on his throat. But the voice... The voice could be his revenge.
    51 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa’s eyes widened at the screams coming from the mausoleum, the blood in her veins running cold. It no longer sounded like children at play. Gods, what had the children done? Disturbed the dead? Olissa rummaged around in the grass for something - anything - to defend herself with, arming herself with a large rock. She hurried towards the screams. “Kids? Everything alright in there?”
    51 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Oh shit. The gravekeeper grabbed the sick child, flipped them onto their back, and dragged them onto the grass. He checked for vital signs. The kid was alive but.. not well. They were just stepped on in the panic. Friedrich pulled out his old breathing-help pressure tricks and administered them.
    50 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara choked back a scream as what looked for all the world like some undead fiend came shambling out of the tomb, coughing. Before she could react, more of the teens boiled out, and the Voice spoke again. Whatever this is...right, change of plan, she thought, slipping away, moving from gravestone to tree for cover until the mist made even that unnecessary. "Ma'am," she said, hurrying toward the woman's voice. "Are you alright?"
    50 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "Hey, you!", he shouted to Seline. "Come here and help me"
    50 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    “I’m fine,” Olissa responded hurriedly. “What is happening in there?”
    49 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I think a ghost was summoned?" Ryder replied...
    48 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein groaned and looked up at the gravekeeper, eyes unfocused and blinking rapidly. "Am... dy...ing?" they wheezed, then spat up more blood.
    47 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Shara practically stumbled over another teen in the mist. One of the girls, but she looked like a dried up carcass!
    47 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "Um, okay," muttered Seline, forcing her feet to move. She knelt next to the groundskeeper and Thein. "You are still alive, I am pretty sure?"
    46 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie just was in a ball, sobbing. He felt so close to pissing his pants and kissing his crush. What could he do? The Male just gave up hope at his point. He couldn’t be gay so he might as well just pass away.
    45 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I don't know," Shara replied. "They did something in there. I ritual, I---" This time she did let out a strangled scream. "Goddesses' shiny underthings!" she exclaimed, then reached under her cloak and drew her sword. "Let me get you out of here!"
    44 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    The child was coughing blood, and from the looks of it, this wasn't new, dried blood covered his hospital gown. He asked the sick kid, "Can you move everything? Are you able to speak? Give me some signal." He then looked up at Seline. "We might need your sash, if we gotta give this kid a sling, or somethin"
    43 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder stared. " So....uhhh... Mr or Mrs Spirit, what exactly would you like?"
    41 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    “No!” Olissa grabbed the girl’s hand. “We need to go back to make sure they’re safe,” she insisted. “I will not leave if there are still children in danger.”
    41 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein groaned. "Just... need air," they wheezed before clumsily wiping the wetness from their chin and mouth, smearing it onto their sweater.
    40 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Seline quickly offered up her prestigious Town Helper sash, though from the looks of the girl things didn't seem to be going well.
    40 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    As Ryder tried to speak to the voice he stumbled over another of the offending teens. This one also dried up and dead. "Your souls, please... I intend to take your souls..."
    39 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Friedrich winced at the smearing of mouth blood. Sure, he was a Gravekeeper, but even he had aesthetic standards to hold up. The kid seemed fine enough. "Thanks. Here, wipe your mouth.", he told the sick child, offering the highly prestigious Town Helper sash as a glorified napkin.
    38 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder would take a moment. " Well, this is kind of awkward..... but I kind of -sort of- don't have a soul. I got like some white goo in place of a soul if you want that," he replied, rubbing the back of his head.
    35 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Not exactly 'fine', but Thein did wipe their face on the sash. They tilted their head at mention of taking souls, then slowly, slowly stood. "Taking... souls...?"
    33 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    Arlo's whole body tingled with glee, with relief as he heard the voice's intention. He couldn't pinpoint where the voice was coming from, but that didn't matter. His hands rose to his own throat and drew down the neck of the shirt, exposing black and blue and yellow and green bruises in the shape of two big hands. "How about the soul these hands belong to?" he said out loud, gazing around the thick mist.
    33 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Shara sighed. "Right...they're jerks, but I guess they don't deserve to die. Please hold on to my cloak. I might need my other hand free." Though her voice sounded confident, she felt a creeping chill of fear. Street thugs and hired guards were one thing...but soul-eating ghosts? Right, so now what? Try to call everybody to me? But that'll call the ghoul too!
    32 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "I will take all but you," insisted the voice to Arlo with a sinister laugh. And just like that, Frankie and Seline soon found themselves choking on ash and mist.
    31 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Well, RIP those two," Ryder replied with an awkward shrug.
    30 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie would splutter, pissing himself in fear “you don’t want my bipolar soul” he spat out and cried. He reached out for Arlo with his eyes sparkling, eyes flooding with tears.
    30 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Seline too started coughing, coughing too much to even squeal! Soon she coughed herself unconscious and fell to the ground.
    28 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein leaned bloodily against Selene, smearing the dark and infected fluid on her as well before they started to cough again, not even being choked yet but choking anyway because they are just bad at living. When she went down, he did too, and landed on top of her with a miserable groan.
    27 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa waded through the mist, trying to follow the sounds of the voices. “Children! The exit is this way!” She shouted. “Hurry, get yourselves out of here!”
    27 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " You're going to have to be more specfic.... there's a giant mist in the way that makes over there incredibly vague," he replied back to her.
    26 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Panic about a soul eating ghost circulated the yard. Friedrich knew they had to leave the graveyard. But the exit.. where was it.. the mist.. He picked up an unconscious Seline and heard Olissa's voice. Exit. That way, perfect. "Follow me, please." he told the Thein, as the gravekeeper hurried in that direction, shovel left behind.
    26 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein stumbled after, but soon enough began to lag, unable to keep up. Why were they running...? Everything felt blurred.
    24 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    Disoriented, he only just realized that the sick child also went down. He'd have to be back. Damnit!
    24 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Stay here," Shara said to the woman, then pulled her hand free and slipped away. Sneaking up to the mausoleum in a low running crouch, she peeked around the doorjamb and shuddered at what she beheld. There! she thought, spotting the Mage Board. After a moment's concentration, a fire lit at the fingertip of her free hand. She pointed it at the board, and shot the Firebolt. The cantrip wasn't powerful enough to do serious damage, but it could ignite something flammable, so hopefully that would be enough.
    23 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    "If anyone can hear this, follow me, we are leaving!", shouted Friedrich with Seline in his arms. "I will be back for any stragglers." The exit should be just up ahead, if his senses proved correct.
    22 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein tripped over a low grave and stumbled into a tall one. They held onto the angel statue, blinking rapidly against the blur of reality. The cool marble felt... so nice against their cheek...
    20 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " We can.... not going to help...." Ryder sighed as a guy tripped
    20 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    FWOOM. The Mage Board went up in a plume of flame and smoke, ignited further still by the ashes scattered across the mausoleum floor. There was a long harrowed scream, joined by the voices of many others and the mists of the graveyard churned and started to smell of sulfur and death.
    20 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    Arlo remained in the thick of the mist, his appearance beginning to change with each passing second. His sun-kissed skin turned sickly pale, shot through with blueish-black veins. He was several weeks dead, and so his eyes began to gloss over, turning milky even. Holes formed over his face and the exposed parts of his arms, little burrows made by carrion beetles to get to the rotting flesh under the surface. Revenge. Revenge would be his and then he could finally die and STAY dead. "A shame you all had to suffer for this, but at least now I can deal with my loss." His broken, betrayed heart. His happy, teenage life.
    19 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    “Towards the sound of my voice, you—“ oooh, sometimes Olissa did wonder why she bothered. Couldn’t they use their damned ears? “I can hear you!” She called out in response. The girl left her side, but Olissa kept the rock she found held tightly in her hand in case of danger. “Follow the sound of my—!” The explosion cut her off, and she lifted her arms to shield her face and eyes. Staying here by the exit wasn’t going to get anything done, she realized. “Girl, I’m coming in behind you!”
    18 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Oops. Time to go!" Shara said. "Haha, you'll never catch the Golden Fox!" she cried, then took off in the direction of the grave-keeper's voice.
    17 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Despite the Male pissing himself and being choked by some ghost that probably had a choking kink. He rushed over to Arlo and jumped into his arms “I don’t care if you’re dead, I love you okay” he admitted and just like that, Frankie would die.
    15 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder would nod. " Okay, that was helpful. Byee spirit thing. Have fun doing whatever you want," he replied, heading towards Olissa's voice.
    15 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    The exit. At last, it seemed deeper than it should've been. He caught the gaze of Olissa to the right as he approached the gates. Slipping out, he noticed the lack of choking mist on the outside. He set Seline down on the ground. "I'll be back to check on ya", said Friedrich, before heading right back into the graveyard.
    14 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    The mist soon began to fade, no longer powered by the mage's board. As it dissipated the shriveled bodies of Arlo's friends were strew across the graveyard, contorted and frozen forever in their screams. Frankie died in the arms of Arlo, but it seems the gravekeeper hard taken Seline out of the graveyard before she too lost her life. The mysterious voice? Gone.
    13 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein continued to hold onto the angel statue, shivering as they pressed their face against the cold stone, now smeared with blood.
    11 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    A figure loomed out of the mist, and Shara skidded to a halt, raising her sword to a guard position--the woman! The Golden Fox let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Come on," she said, taking Olissa by the arm and hurrying for the gate, even as the mist began to fade. She saw the grave-keeper look at the woman, then...head back in there?
    11 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Hey, I know you like the angel, but we probably should leave now," Ryder commnted.
    10 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    On the way in, Friedrich Alden von Rosalin spotted the quick looking one with the fox cloak. "You. Get the medical staff, get the law, get whoever else. Hurry." He then began to help more children out of the graveyard, placing them opposite the path to Seline. The mist was clearing and he could see better.
    10 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Huhn...?" Thein looked up, arms around the angel statue, and slooowly began to slide around it, unaware that they were doing it as they tried to keep their gaze on Ryder.
    9 minutes ago
  • fatalrendezvous:
    Olissa felt at her surroundings in the mist, her hands finding stone. A statue, perhaps? By some stroke of luck, she stumbled upon Thein as her hand found their arm draped around the statue. She grabbed hold, pointing towards the other voice accompanying them. “You! This way. Now!” With that she pried Thein’s arm off the statue and tried to lead them back in the direction she’d seen the grave keeper leave.
    8 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    The revenant settled for a moment as Frankie died in his arms, and Arlo gently laid the young man down on the grass. He remained there for a moment, letting his guilt settle within him. "I'm sorry, but I had to. It's my only desire anymore. He has to die for what he's done to me." He gave Frankie's head one last gentle pat and then he rose and followed the mist, disappearing into the night.
    7 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder just sighed. " You know what- I don't care enough. ... Probably might be an idea to say the teens died in a tragic fire and the bodies were burned to ash.... unless you want to explain this to the police."
    6 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Frankie’s spirit would purr softly, deciding to be a pervert and stalk Arlo now.
    5 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
    That was a lot of dead children, even for the Gravekeeper. His employers must be furious. So much digging. So much work..
    5 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    What a fantastic gay plan... well mostly gay but there was an attempt......
    5 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Thein coughed, then clung to Olissa as she led them out. Of course, this smeared plenty of blood on her, but fever-sick out of their mind, Thein wasn't even aware.
    5 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Me? Get the law?! Shara thought. She looked around until she found the mourner, returning with the person she'd initially thought was an undead fiend. "Uh...ma'am, you're a respectable type, maybe the gendarmes will listen to you better?" she said, giving Olessa a lopsided grin as she sheathed her sword and let her cloak fall back over it, with an innocent look. What sword?
    5 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I can go get the physicians," Shara said, then took off with a swish of her cape.
    4 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Finally returning with a couple disgruntled and skeptical doctors in tow, Shara found her way back to the woman. "You alright?"
    1 minute ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ryder would look at the grave keeper. " Want help making the graves?"
    A moment ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Needless to say, a bunch of people heard to commotion at the graveyard so many of the villagers had come to investigate. They weren't sure what they were finding when they got there - a bunch of dead teens, some half dead, and a very suspicious sight of summoning and desecration. But everyone trusted Olissa explanation of events. ...and no one ever noticed the shadow that crept it's way out of the graveyard. ...UNTIL NEXT TIME. the end.
A Life of Cinn A Life of Cinn :
"Oh. Well, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. I need to take a break now though, take the shovel. The southern plots are vacant." The children safely on the other side of the gate and work cut short for him, Friedrich trudged up the hill to the crypt-break-room. He walked inside and knocked twice on the inner door. It opened and he walked down into the darkness. "My day? Rough. Yeah, love you. What's for breakfast?"
 
  • Thank
Reactions: Diana