1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
everybodydiesattheend.jpg

EVERYBODY DIES AT THE END
OCTOBER 22ND @ 6PM Central Time​

She grabbed us by the arm and said, “If you want to get out alive – run for your life.”

We laughed.

He stumbled in to the hallway and said, “At the end… everyone is dead.”

We just kept going.

WELCOME TO THE ALLYVILLE HAUNTED HOUSE!

Family fun or just trying to scare yourself, this HUGE haunted house used to be a large hotel. Newly opened just this year, it’s the first time anyone has seen the inside. They tell you when you walk in that everyone dies by the end. Do you believe it…?

You should. Far from cheap parlor tricks and bad special effects, the things you run in to are real. Dangerously real.

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are a human person that visited this Haunted House thinking you were going to have some fun. You can have any sort of human character you like. You CAN have a magical or supernatural character. You CAN’T have any weapons or items and stuff on you. You only have what you were able to carry in as a person going for a tour. You thought this was going to be fun! (Or someone insisted it was going to be fun!)

WHEN: OCTOBER 22ND - THURSDAY @ 6PM CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 9PM.

WHERE: Join us in the EVERYBODY DIES AT THE END chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

John Arduckle, age 29.

Look: A plain and ordinary man, sullen from years of toil. Wears a blue shirt with a collar, black pants, brown shoes. Curly brown hair.

Ever-dutiful to his "cat" and "dog". Even Jon can't say for certain if his pets are real, fake, or transcendent of realities. Constantly on edge and fearful of being claimed by an omniscient force called "copyright".

"FAAAAARGIELLLLLLLD!"

Two days! 8D

"you can have a supernatural creature" - you know what that means :3

• Haha
Reactions: Diana
1603375749338.png

Name: Eolanthe Andreadys
Is Definitely: An adorable, extremely precocious, intelligent little girl who is wise beyond her years.
Is Definitely Not: Creepy.
Something Interesting: She sees and talks to ghosts and other invisible creatures, but no one believes her.
Something Not At All Interesting: Her older brother Aristarkos was told to take her trick-or-treating, but dropped her off at the Allyville Haunted House so he could go hang out with his friends.

This charp is toniiiight!

• Love
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
Oh I am tempted to play a ghost

• Haha
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
It's not really a haunted house without at least one ghost. :ghost: And I guess that's one way to get out of the "dies at the end" bit... 😜

who says we can't kill a ghost

But...it's already dead? Does a dead ghost leave a second-order ghost, or a ghost corpse? Or does it just get eaten by a bigger, meaner ghost? ;)

What if everyone was ghost

Oh noes, not the ending of Lost!

LOGS

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO EVERYBODY DIES AT THE END!
    Today at 6:28 PM
  • Diana:
    This is a MODERN setting! You're playing a human character or human-adjacent that is here to tour the haunted house and have some fun. Things do not go according to plan.
    Today at 6:28 PM
  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always newbie friendly, so if you've never charped before or just need some help about what to do in game, I am in the Main chat to answer questions!
    Today at 6:33 PM
  • Diana:
    HOT TIP: Type brief, type fast. Keep posts to 10 sentences or under. Long posts mean people miss details and you might miss the action!
    Today at 6:33 PM
  • Diana:
    MORE TIPS: Write your character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to help your posts stand out!
    Today at 6:34 PM
  • Diana:
    Game master posts appear in this bright bold yellow, so make sure to pay attention to those!
    Today at 6:34 PM
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 6:51 PM
  • Diana:
    We open to a dark and misty evening and the revelry at the Allyville Haunted House is in full swing. Of course, no one has seen anyone come out of the event yet, but the line continues to move and people are excited to enter!
    Today at 6:56 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe felt a chill of foreboding as she looked up at the towering hulk of the old hotel. Moonlight cast harsh shadows from pale gray granite that looked like aged bone. Then she looked at the other people in line she drew nearer. "Ari...I think this is for older people."
    Today at 6:56 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "You'll be fine. Come on, it'll be fun. Here," Ari said, giving Eolanthe a $20.00 bill and giving her a little shove. "Come on bruh, let's go!" "Just...call me when you're through," Aristarkos said as he started to walk away with his friends.
    Today at 6:59 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I could get kidnapped, you know..." Eolanthe said, but she had already dropped from his notice. Looking up at the person in front of her, she said "Hello."
    Today at 7:00 PM
  • Diana:
    Lacey was in full costume (if you could call a bunny onesie a costume) and fretting with a very expensive iPhone. She was supposed to enter with her friend, but if he didn't show up, she'd have to go in alone to get footage for his youtube and tiktoks, and that was basically the worst thing that could ever happen to her! "Oh my god Jaxon why do you haaaate meeeeeee," she declared, sending him another frantic text.
    Today at 7:02 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Alec Jackson wasn’t exactly alive.... and he wasn’t exactly dead. He was in a state of unliving. If you asked him years ago, what was worse being alive or dead, he wouldn’t have the answer. Now he did. It was being neither. So maybe he had heard the rumors about the haunted house and decided to come to die. It wasn’t like being unliving was doing well for him.
    Today at 7:03 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Maxwell was running solo tonight in his soft red flannel shirt and tee-shirt and jeans. This was his first big city experience! Well, bigger than his hometown anyway! The farm boy was super excited about the haunted house, all he'd ever had was corn mazes and pumpkin farms but here he was staring up at the big hotel with a dopey grin on his tanned face. He just had to wait in line first!
    Today at 7:05 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Once again, Eolanthe was ignored. Peering around the back of the girl in the bunny onesie, she noticed the bleaching screen-light on her face; of course she was on a phone. She wore fairy wings and a dress crafted to look like it was made of pink rose petals, with a translucent acrylic magic wand in one hand and an empty sack in the other; it didn't seem terribly likely that she would be getting any candy here.
    Today at 7:08 PM
  • Dawn:
    "BaabaaaDOOK!" Jaxon yelled, right behind Lacey, grabbing her shoulders and rattling her for good measure. Already cackling at his handiwork, he took a step back and snapped a photo of Lacey's reaction face, of course while pushing a hand through his wavy black hair like he was soooo coool. "Did you remember your phone? Mine is full of pics already and we have to record this. It'll blow up on YouTube and finally get me to 100k." Jaxon was all smug grinning and pouty lips with his eboy haircut and his baggy shirt and tight jeans, a sleeve of tattoos and a dangly cross earing to tie his whole internet personality look together. Of course, he was a rising social media star! He had to dress to impress always. "Get filming, okay? I want to test out some openings."
    Today at 7:08 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    John Arduckle, 29, was walking up the hill towards his house, carrying a fresh carton of milk. He wore his usual blue shirt and brown slacks. He didn't want to go home, but he had nowhere else. He worked as a comic illustrator, doing his best to fulfill the bills. His pets, Odious and Fargilde would be greeting him at the door. But then, he saw a sign. "Allyville Haunted House 20$" He figured it couldn't hurt to live a little, and stepped in line.
    Today at 7:10 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe turned at the sound of approaching footsteps. The first guy ran past to have a go at giving the girl a jump-scare; the second came up behind her wearing a big grin. "Hello. I'm Eolanthe," she said to him. Theoretically she wasn't supposed to talk to strangers, but in this situation that would mean she couldn't talk to anyone.
    Today at 7:10 PM
  • Diana:
    Once Lacey was done screaming, she reluctantly got her phone ready for the recording. "Oh, Hi!" She replied to Eolanthe, mostly now because the girl was in her shot.
    Today at 7:12 PM
  • Diana:
    The line was finally moving as the big doors to the hotel opened, granting entrance to the next large group of people. Lots of spooky music and screams(?) could be heard inside.
    Today at 7:12 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    So Maxie wasn't expecting the yell and he jumped. Great start! Scared by a random teenager in line with his bunny suit-wearing girlfriend. Awesome. Maybe his own girlfriend was right and he just wasn't cut out for the big city life. Max noticed the little girl and he crouched down and gave her a smile. "Hi darlin', I'm Max. Are you excited for the haunted house?" She was a little girl for such a scary place! "Where are your parents?"
    Today at 7:13 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe shrugged. "They're in meetings with important clients. Or conference calls, or something like that. I hope it's not all slasher stuff and bloody knives. I don't like that sort of thing. It's not a proper haunted house without at least...one...ghost," she said, as her eyes started to follow a translucent figure that very likely only she could see. She gave the ghost a smile and a wave.
    Today at 7:17 PM
  • Diana:
    The first room of the haunted motel looked like any other motel lobby, just with the typical horror decor of gothic furniture, spider wells, and creepy looking wax figures of all-too-real looking monsters. There were signs posted up in different locations pointing towards doors and hallways designed like a maze. "Choose your fate." an eerie voice instructed. A few braver guests immediately parted with the group to pick their directions.
    Today at 7:19 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    The kids squabbled around John and he felt a little out of place. Ostracized, even. They wouldn't give him a second look, this nearly middle-aged man visiting a haunted house. He began to summon his inner clown, the polka dots that ran through his veins glowed with an eerie energy, and his mouth upturned into a goofy grin. This will be fun, he un-reasoned. Enjoyment isn't exclusive to kids. No way, Jose! John Arduckle would not let society define him. "Hi there!", he blurted out to nobody in particular, eyes darting from face to face desperate to make a connection.
    Today at 7:19 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Suh to all my Fleet watchin'. It's ya boi, jaxonfleek." The trademark half-asleep stare and laid back swagger came out in spades the moment the camera was on him. "Tonight I'm hunting fuckin' GHOSTS. Gonna be lit, fam. Follow me on YouTube to see more." After some weird hand gestures, he told Lacey to stop filming and took a moment to fix his hair, finally looking around to see where they were. "Okay new video start now. Uh, after this old guy gets out of the shot." Jaxon eyed brown slacks guy like he was ruining his night.
    Today at 7:22 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Uh. Uhm. Oh I'm sorry, so sorry, I'll just", John stammered and stepped to the left. And then more to the left. And then he walked to the other side of the camera. "Here good, I hope. What'cha taking pictures for? You posting them online?"
    Today at 7:24 PM
  • Diana:
    "We have to choose one of the halls or doors, I think? We should go through the one that says 'Toxic Fumes'." Lacey suggested, figuring toxic fumes wouldn't be as scary as the Zombie door or the other murdery looking doors.
    Today at 7:25 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benjamin grunted as he was shoved into the first room with the rest, and then promptly shoved to a doorway on his own as his classmates laughed. He had a camera strapped to his head (with a stabilizer and a live feed to his computer at home just in case). He wasn't a vlogger or a youtuber. He didn't even try to get followers. He just liked cameras and using them, and he kept a tight grip on his main camera, while a flip phone rested inside his pocket for when he needed to call home for a ride. Really, he didn't want to be there at all, but he was an easy mark for the school bullies. When he looked up, he was aimed at the psycho door, which... at least he wasn't promiscuous? He looked back, then swallowed as he stepped forward. Behind him, his classmates cheered and jeered at him to go first.
    Today at 7:27 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe glanced over at the old guy (well, not old old, just parent-old) who was by himself and just might have an unmarked white van, and decided that whichever route he took, she would take some other.
    Today at 7:27 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Well. One creepy child. One creepy old man. A teenage wannabe youtube star. Plus his bunny-suit wearing accomplice. Ah. What a town! What a town. Fucking terrifying. "I'm sure you'll get to see a ghost." He gave her a little smile, brow raised and then he was moving with the others towards a door. Any door. The twenty year old college student found himself behind the two teenagers only to be accosted by yet more! He darted into one at random. It probably said something like... Axe Murder Mayhem.
    Today at 7:29 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Oh, I already did," Eolanthe said. "He's over there," she said, pointing at the ghost. "But you probably can't see him." 'Axe Murder Mayhem' was exactly the sort of thing she did not want, so she waved goodbye and said, "Have fun." It was a bit hard to see the signs over the doors what with the forest of taller people all around her, but she finally spotted "Terrors of the Occult" and started making her way in that direction through the Brownian motion of the crowd.
    Today at 7:32 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Yeah, get 'im, Benjiiii!" shouted a jock, which made Benjamin flinch. Someone shot past him into the psycho door, though, and he jerked up short, which brought on the insults, before he darted in, if only to get away from his bullies' voices.
    Today at 7:32 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    John Arduckle, 29, took a gander at the available doors. There were quite a few choices. "The Worst Haircut" was intriguing, but he opted instead for the classic "Dinner with Vlacula", hoping to get some free dinner out of it.
    Today at 7:33 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Keep moving, Gramps. More. More. Perfect." Whirling around to smile at the camera, Jaxon gestured behind him at the door. "Our first challenge. How long can you hold your breath, Lacey?" A manic twinkle in his eye, he reached for the door handle....and paused. There was noise nearby, some kids picking on another one. Jaxon, for one very brief moment, looked conflicted, before tearing his gaze away and pushing open the door. "Sup ghost bitches! It's ya boiiiiiiiii!" he shouted and strutted into the next room.
    Today at 7:33 PM
  • Diana:
    Benjamin chose the door Psycho Wonderland, leaving his friends behind. He finds himself in a room decorated like a winding forest trail, and inbetween the trees are taxidermy animals with missing limbs and covered in fresh blood. All of their eyes are staring at him and they= they look human.
    Today at 7:39 PM
  • Diana:
    Max wandered into Axe Murder Mayhem. Oddly enough, it too was a wooded area trail with taxidermy animals. Perhaps in a different direction from Benji?
  • Diana:
    The little girl Eolanthe finds herself in an adorable tea room filled with dolls dressed as tiny little witches. On the table in the center of the room is tea and cookies with a card that says "Free! Please enjoy!"
  • Diana:
    John's Dinner with Vlacula led him into what must've been the hotels original kitchen. On the stovetops lots of things were bubbling and cooking, but it did not smell good in the slightest.
  • Diana:
    Jaxon and Lacey entered into the Toxic Fumes room, which looked ripped right out of a Russian thriller video game. Thick green fog filled the room making it really hard to see if it was glowing eyes on a real thing or just from the mounted computer screens.
    Today at 7:41 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benjamin's eyes went wide... and then he ran, mutely. Staring at him. They were staring at him. Their gazes didn't pull from him at all, and he couldn't take it. His eyes bulged as he charged forward.
    Today at 7:43 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    He sniffed the rancid air, something akin to broiled cat food wafted from a collection of pots and pans. What in the world was this, thought John Arduckle, 29. He tried to escape the ever-consuming presence of his cat ... but Fargilde was omnipresent and inescapable. He could hear it's thoughts... John.. Joooohhnn... "AIIIIEEEEE", he screamed to himself, shocking his frail mind out of the perpetual loop of feline phantasm. He approached the boiling pots and looked inside.
    Today at 7:44 PM
  • Diana:
    Lacey coughed as quietly as she could as to not messup her shot of Jaxon, but it was kind of hard to see with all the weird green fog. "Jeeze, this was the perfect room, wasn't it!"
    Today at 7:45 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Alec has never been a follower, so he inspected each sign to get an idea of what the different rooms had to offer.
    Today at 7:46 PM
  • Diana:
    Inside John finds a boiling head. It looks fresh.
  • CarnelianUndead:
    "Clever." Max muttered to himself as he walked down the trail, scruffing the dirt with his foot to see the floor under it. It was incredibly realistic, wasn't it? He couldn't manage to find the floor. So he kept walking, waiting on something to jump out at him. He stared at each animal in turn noting the human eyes instead of the usual animal eyes. This was a bad taxidermy job... The critters were creepy as hell.
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe smiled at the sight of the little tea room, turning around slowly to take it all in. She bent at the waist to examine the little dolls more closely, but kept her hands behind her back. One mustn't touch things not one's own. Then she saw the tea and cookies. She tilted her head quizzically. If I drink the tea, I might have to go to the bathroom before I'm through, like at the movies. I would hate that. But the cookies, on the other hand... She started to reach for one, but then her hand stopped. In Pan's Labyrinth it was Very Bad to eat the food of the fairy realm. But I'm a fairy..., she thought. Her hand drew a little closer. But there is no one to inspect it, and Halloween candy always has to be inspected...well, maybe I can come back, she thought, as she turned to explore further.
    Today at 7:48 PM
  • Dawn:
    Jaxon thought about holding his breath, because maybe there was some weird kind of drug in that green fog, but he wasn't good at keeping silent. "Lacey," he said in a shitty Russian accent. "Launch the missiles." He started pressing ALL the buttons like a kindergartener, laughing maniacally and coughing a little. "Hahafuckhaha this fog is kinda sus. Are we about to get fuckin high?" He paused....and then shrugged almost comically. "Alright, so a lot of people who come here don't know the history behind this house. People thing this is just some old hotel that was turned into a spooky maze attraction this year. But there is a history, my Fleet. People have died here. And rumor has it, they're still walking around." He made spooky hands at the camera (and Lacey) and then started looking around for another door.
    Today at 7:48 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Alec after much consideration, decided to briefly acess his powers and walk through a wall and see where he wound up.
    Today at 7:50 PM
  • Diana:
    From a different door than Eolanthe chose, Alec finds himself in the Terrors of the Occult room. Dolls dressed as witches lined the shelves, there is a lovely tea service with cookies... did all of the doll heads turn in his direction when he walked in?
    Today at 7:52 PM
  • Diana:
    Something skittered behind Benji. If he dared to look he might find a big buck hobbling slowly after him. Meanwhile something beady is spying at Max from the trees.
    Today at 7:53 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Alec looked at the dolls. “Nice to see you too, “ he replied to the dolls, not even blinking twice when they looked at him. Free cookies and tea? “Nothing good ever comes out of free food.”
    Today at 7:54 PM
  • Diana:
    While Lacey made a lot of hissy noises about Jaxon pressing too many buttons, a door slid open in the back of their room. The fog poured out of the opening and mixed with a yellow mist. There were gravestones lined up in this room.
    Today at 7:55 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    That's when Eolanthe saw the ghost from before come flowing through a wall. She did a double-take as the little witch heads turned to focus on him. Which was odd...animatronics couldn't see ghosts, could they? "Hello!" she said to the ghost. "I'm Eolanthe! It's nice that I can talk to you without anyone here to think I'm crazy."
    Today at 7:55 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Ah!", John jumped back, his 29 year old feet hitting the grimy kitchen tiles. When was the last time they cleaned tis place? Arduckle has seen a few heads in his years, all 29 of them, and they were eerily similar to this boiled head. He wondered if it was real. Terrifying thought.. Reminded him of the last time he cleaned Odius's travel box. That reminded John of the existence of cupboards. There may be more than meets the eye to this kitchen, perhaps they left some granola bars, or better yet, soufflé! He began to open cupboards and drawers in order from left to right, like a good responsible citizen.
    Today at 7:56 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji did not look back. He heard the sounds, and it only fueled him to go faster as his heart slammed in his chest and tears threatened to blur his vision as his throat closed up in terror.
    Today at 7:56 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Max could feel something eying him but it wasn't jumping at him which made it worse and the hair stood up on his nape. He couldn't help himself as he walked faster down the trail. The trees felt real. They smelled of forest and something tangy like copper... Or fresh blood. He broke into a lite jog as he went, the feeling of being watched never leaving him. Eyes darting around as sweat trickled from his brown hair down his temple. He didn't even see the kid that bowled into him so hard he went sprawling in the dirt! "Shit, sorry."
    Today at 7:57 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Hey, Eolanthe. I’m Alec. I mean, I’m not exactly a normal ghost so you might not have looked too crazy. I’m kind of neither alive or dead.” Alec would make himself visible. “ I kind of straddle the line. I like to call myself a humanoid ghost, but there is no official term.”
    Today at 7:59 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benjamin stared at Max, wild-eyed and frightened. He scrambled backwards, away from the other person as he finally started to breathe again, heavy and frantic. He couldn't talk, but instead just nodded his head rapidly like a bobble doll.
    Today at 8:00 PM
  • Diana:
    John's search was not turning up anything useful. A severed foot. Some dead rats. A drawer full of live spiders. He finally came across a perfectly plated piece of lasagna waiting in the microwave, though.
    Today at 8:01 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Well," Eolanthe said, "I think they call that an ecto-plasma-tic manifes-tation," she said, struggling a little with the 50-cent words. "I bet you'd be very good at tipping tables!"
    Today at 8:02 PM
  • Diana:
    That buck hobbled up close to Benji and Max thens topped. It began to turn it's head until it twisted full upside down, then it's mouth slowly opened to reveal rows and rows of human teeth.
    Today at 8:02 PM
  • Dawn:
    "Alright kids, in today's class, we learn that yellow and green make bright-ass lime." Jaxon swatted at the fog like that would actually help. "Tastes like ass." The good news was that they were out of that cramped room. The bad news was that there were a lot of gravestones and Jaxon couldn't see through the fog for more than two of the death markers ahead or behind. "Stay close and keep the camera on me," he ordered, and started forward. "Let's talk about the last death in the old hotel." His professional voice was back again, all cocky and 'badass' and not caring. But Jaxon was a bit weirded out by how long they'd been walking.
    Today at 8:03 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benjamin looked back as he heard a noise before his eyes widened and he ran over top of Max, scrambling on all fours, before he ran anew, once more unable to breathe, and even unable to scream.
    Today at 8:04 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “As long as it doesn’t involve water, I’m pretty good with most things. Put me in water and I literally fry. Probably has to do with the fact that I was a techno path when I was alive.”
  • CarnelianUndead:
    "Sorry. Again. So sorry. I guess I got spooked too. Are you okay? I didn't mean to run you over like that." Max smiled crookedly, embarrassed about failing at this whole haunted house thing! He crouched on the ground near Benjamin trying to be at least a bit of comfort to the kid. And then the buck showed up. Max made a horrible noise of fear and was on his feet and getting knocked down again and then flailing around before he was running after the kid.
  • Diana:
    "Uh... uhm... Jaxon," Lacey stammered. Before he could backup and trip over a gravestone that was hidden in the fog she grabbed his arm and pointed down at it.
    Today at 8:05 PM
  • Diana:
    The gravestone Jaxon almost fell over had a name carved into it. jaxonfleek rip
    Today at 8:05 PM
  • Diana:
    In the Terrors of the Occult room, all the dolls turned and tilted their heads towards the little girl and her new friend. Tiny little voices begin to whisper. You should kill her. She should die.
    Today at 8:06 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    For being an out-of-shape and scrawny thing, he could run thanks to adrenaline. Granted, this was the most he'd run in his life outside of gym class or phys ed, but that was beside the point. All he could do was run, hoping for some sort of exit soon.
    Today at 8:07 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    John looked left. He looked right. The lasagna greeted him with a strong cheesy odor, freshly reheated. ... mm... lanshaghnaa. Images of Fargilde flashed through his mind, that ravenous creature who stole his every wish, his every dream of chowing down into a nice hot plate of cheesy lassnaahaaaa, he couldn't resist the opportunity, nor could he believe his luck. Arduckle, 29, took the lasagna and looked for a place to sit. The kitchen had no chairs. How disappointing. He moved on to the next room, carrying his dinner, free of his oppressive dictator of a pet.
    Today at 8:07 PM
  • Dawn:
    The commentary about the family and how they were found in various places of the hotel, brutally murdered, died on Jaxon's lips. "Yo." He looked around, brow furrowed. "Yo, Lacey did you tell anyone we were doing this?" He looked down at the stone again. "Not cool, fam!" he called out to no one in particular. "Okay get a shot of this." He crouched down into a squat, doing prayer hands next to the gravestone. "At first look, it seems like these ghost fuckers want to fight. But I think they're just fans. Subscribe to jaxonfleek, ghost fuckers!"
    Today at 8:09 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Wow, dolls that want you to kill the other people you are with. How original,” Alec drawled, looking at the dolls. “ I would love to hear your why though.”
    Today at 8:09 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe gave the dolls a cross look. "Well that's not very nice," she said to them. "Would you like to go to the next room?" she said to the ghost. "These dolls are mean, and boring!"
    Today at 8:10 PM
  • Diana:
    John's wandering brought him into a warm and cozy cabin room, complete with a fluffy couch, a fireplace and a television. Odd, really, that nothing in this room seemed to be decorated with horror or fear in mind. But the TV did seem to be broken, because the only thing that'd show up on the screen was static.
    Today at 8:12 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    The buck had been terrifying but Max stopped running because well, he was in a haunted house! It was supposed to be scary! What was he running around like a gosh darn chicken with his head cut off for? "Idiot." He muttered to himself and then looked around the room again. Now he could see the ceiling! It was just really well done, right? Super right. No stupid badly taxidermied deer was gonna get the better of him! He started back down the trail!
    Today at 8:14 PM
  • Diana:
    Hands rose up from the fresh dirt of Jaxon's grave, gripping on to his ankles real tight! Before Lacey could so much as scream, more hands appeared from the fog to grab her wrist and shake her iPhone out of her grasp.
    Today at 8:15 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Ahhhh nothing beat the relaxing sound of a television without channels. John set his plate of reheated lashnaga on the coffee table and stretched his arms whichever way they decided to go. It was just like home... but, better. His eyes saw nothing threatening, no orange hairs seeking the deepest parts of his corduroy, no wet smears of dog mouth. He was an Arduckle, and as all Arduckles, he was dead set on having some alone-time. For 29 years he was impeded in those efforts, but finally, he would sit upon his velvet.. or.. upholstery... throne, and feast like a king. He sat, and immediately realized that he didn't have a fork. "FAR-GIIIILLLLLLLLLDE", he screamed involuntarily, his throat forcing the words out even as he logically knew there was no cat.
    Today at 8:18 PM
  • Dawn:
    "OHJESUSFUCK!" There was grabbing and squirming and Jaxon was yelling "NO TOUCHY" while kicking at the hands until he was free! Free to scramble on his hands and knees away from the grave before stumbling to his feet. He was already laughing though, convinced these were actors. "Lacey, let's get out of here. These guys are too handsy," he grumbled, swatting at the hands on Lacey and grabbing her arm to steer her away at a jogging pace.
    Today at 8:19 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Going tno the next room sounds wonderful. " He would pause for a second before considering something. " Hopefully it's better than here."
    Today at 8:20 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "So how did you die?" Eolanthe asked. "Halfway die," she corrected herself.
    Today at 8:22 PM
  • Diana:
    Benji's frenzied flight leads him into a long empty hallway, the same hallway Alec and Eolanthe exit into, and soon Jaxon and Lacey. The hallway is dim, with the lights flickering on and off. Old wallpaper peeling off the walls and it was eeriely silent. No music. No sounds. No Screaming. Just the five of them alone.
    Today at 8:23 PM
  • Diana:
    Max's trail slowly narrows more and more until he his forced to stoop. He could go back, but there is a strange clopping sound following him. Going forward means having to crawl on his hands and knees to reach a hatch door.
    Today at 8:24 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Wham! Benjamin slammed into the nearest of them and tried to disentangle himself to keep running, but then he realized... These were people. Not scary ones. They weren't staring at him or mocking him. He stared at them, eyes still wide, and then he gave an awkward little wave, still unable to speak.
    Today at 8:25 PM
  • Diana:
    Lacey somehow managed to keep her iPhone (and good too cause those things were EXPENSIVE) -- until Benjamin slammed right into her. The iPhone went flying out of her hands and down the hall. "Ow..! Oh my god, be careful!"
    Today at 8:26 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    This was just part of the attraction, right? But the buck had creeped him out and so he got down on his hands and knees in the dirt and started to crawl through the little hatch door while hoping that this would lead to the exit and he wasn't making a big mistake.
    Today at 8:26 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " The details are a bit fuzzy, but someone drove me off the road into a river. I did die there, but my brother mad a deal with a necromancer t bring me back.... and then didn't pay him, so the guy brought back as this. Neither living or dead."
    Today at 8:27 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji flinched and cowered from her, shoulders raised to cover his neck as he lifted his arms to shield his face, camera gripped in white-knuckled hands that threatened to crack the casing. On his head was still the stabilized go-pro setup, still recording.
    Today at 8:28 PM
  • Dawn:
    Jaxon coughed, a puff of lime green escaping his mouth and he thought that was hilarious for some reason. "Suh. You guys get molested by actors too?" He was dusting himself off, smoothing out his shirt and fluffing up his hair, making sure his earing was still in one piece. And then his blood ran cold! The iPhone. THE FOOTAGE. "Tell me it's okay, Lacey...."
    Today at 8:28 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    For the first time of the night, Eolanthe actually got a proper jump-scare--from the sudden appearance of the other people. They all looked like they had gotten a proper fright. She frowned. Now that they were there, it meant she couldn't talk to the ghost anymore without getting the look from the lot of them. Eolanthe is weird. Eolanthe is creepy. Eolanthe needs to "talk to someone who can help her," who will actually just ask her a lot of questions and not believe her answers and maybe want her to take pills.
    Today at 8:29 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "A neck-romancer?" Eolanthe said. "I'm not allowed to watch those kinds of movies. I've read all about where babies come from though, and I don't see how that can leave you half dead."
    Today at 8:30 PM
  • Diana:
    A hatch door opens up next to Alec and Max is able to crawl out. Six guests now in the hallway. Dark reddish brown liquid begins to seep down the walls, but the hall remains dead silent.
    Today at 8:32 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    There was a lot of talking. Benjamin couldn't get a word out, though. When he saw a familiar face, he scrambled over to Max and managed a feeble wave before he noticed the weird fluid and stopped. He stared at it, more than a little grossed out.
    Today at 8:33 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Alec shrugged. " Neither did the necromancer or anyone else. He stopped the ritual before he finished, so I should have just died again.... but for some reason, I stayed. " Alec looked over at the walls. " Oh look, the walls are leaking blood."
    Today at 8:33 PM
  • Diana:
    Lacey scrambled to find her drop iPhone, but as she searched the carpeted hallway floor... nothing! The iPhone was gone! "Oh no, oh no... I knew we should've gotten it insured!"
    Today at 8:34 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Max was dirty and very impressed with this big city haunted house! It was really scary, scarier than he even considered possible honestly. But there were people again! Real people and not creepy taxidermied critters! "Hi kid, glad to see you're okay," Max said and looked around the hallway only to notice the weird fluid seeping from the walls. "Oh, that is just the grossest thing." He shuddered!
    Today at 8:35 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    A quiet, long whine escaped Benji, and he started to seek out the nearest exit from where he stood, still unblinking in his fear.
    Today at 8:36 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe smiled at the ghost's nonchalant approach to everything, especially compared to the others. Seeing the guy who still looked quite terrified frantically searching for a door, she pointed back in the direction from whence she came. "Don't go that way. The witch dolls in there are very nasty, and I bet their tea and cookies are poisoned with Ex-Lax or something."
    Today at 8:40 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji nodded, then pointed to his door and shook his head quickly. It took a moment to think, but after that, he used his hands to make sharp teeth over his mouth then made biting movements before he used his hands to make deer antlers.
    Today at 8:41 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Ooh! Charades?" Eolanthe said. "Wendigo!"
    Today at 8:42 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Her answer was a stare, clueless, before he shrugged. He didn't even know what a wendigo was. He used a finger to trace a question mark in the air. Maybe what he'd seen was a wendigo, and he didn't know it? His mind was working now, at least...
    Today at 8:43 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I think he is saying that he was attacked by a deer who had human teeth? Unless I am of course misinterpretting that in some way."
    Today at 8:46 PM
  • Diana:
    As the dark syrupy liquid continued to pour down the walls faster and faster, it started to pool on the carpeted floor enough that somehow it had risen up to an inch or two before anyone had even noticed.
    Today at 8:46 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    He felt it through his shoes. Benji stiffened, then began to look around more for an exit before he started to march towards the far end of the hallway. That had to be the way out. He was done. Nope. Nope. Bad feel.
    Today at 8:47 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Goddamn, blood, getting all over my nice shoes too."
    Today at 8:48 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe tilted her head. He couldn't talk? He wasn't using proper sign language, not that she knew sign language, but she'd seen it. He wasn't dressed like a mime either. "A Wendigo is a kind of creature from Native American legend. It has deer antlers, and it's endlessly ravenous, it just wants to eat flesh, and eat and eat and eat!" she said excitedly. "But I don't think they have human--EEEEEWWWWWW! This stuff had better wash out!"
    Today at 8:48 PM
  • Dawn:
    Well today was just going to shit, wasn't it? First, half his friends didn't show up, now Lacey's lost all of the footage. And those actors bad-touched him! (Or tried to!) Frustrated noises! Jaxon was making frustrated noises into his hands, ignoring the fact that the walls were bleeding and that someone had crawled out of a hatch that hadn't been there a moment ago. The word wendigo snapped him out of it, oddly enough. "Wendigo. Malevolent spirits, once human, tainted by the act of cannibalism," he sighed. "Fam. This is probably bad news for ya'll but this place is legit haunted. Bad shit has happened here. We need to get out of here-- Oh! EW! Not my shoes! These are GUCCI!" Of course he climbed the nearest person - which was Max. Just helped himself right onto the man's back. "Grossgrossdon'tletittouchme."
    Today at 8:49 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Cannibalistic? Antlered? Nope. Nope nope nope. Benjamin kept walking, quickly, to try to get away from the badfeel.
    Today at 8:51 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    "Right. It was a deer with human teeth but like a shark... And three legs." Max said absently, he was really weirded out by the walls. Like how were oozing like that? Were there tiny pipes up at the ceiling? Fake wallpaper with like sponges behind it? How did it work! Max lurched as he was suddenly climbed by a horrible dirty teenager! "Excuse you!" Max bellowed out and spun, pressing Jaxon against the seeping weeping wall of grossness.
    Today at 8:54 PM
  • Diana:
    Speaking of antlers... At the end of the hall it appeared, somehow even larger than Benji remembered. It's twisted upside down head, it's rows and rows of human teeth. The buck stumbled forward through the rising blood towards the group, with no one being able to tell where it came from, because no one could see a door anywhere behind the curtains of blood pouring down the walls. A hideous squelching squeak echoed in the hall from it's antlers scraping across the soaked carpet.
    Today at 8:54 PM
  • Diana:
    Lacey let out the loudest of screams, stumbling backwards to try and run but slipping in all the blood that soaked the floors. She landed with a loud SPLAT on the floor!
    Today at 8:55 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji stared, then darted in the other direction. He had to say something! To warn the others! No words came out! He grabbed Eolanthe by the arm since she happened to be nearest and not-scary, and started to drag her away from the thing.
    Today at 8:56 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    To her surprise, Eolanthe could smell the coppery scent of actual blood; a bit surprising that they'd press the authenticity that far. Where would you get 'scent of blood' anyway? But having its viscous warmth lapping at her ankles was going just a little far! Then she saw it--the Wendigo! She let out a high-pitched shriek. Something in the back of her mind told her that it had to be some kind of marionette, but it seemed to be moving independently. She shrieked again when she was suddenly grabbed, but then she saw that it was Silent Guy, and he was trying to drag her away from the creature. "OK--nasty witch-dolls it is! At least there's no goop on the floor there!"
    Today at 8:58 PM
  • Dawn:
    Jaxon held on tighter! Got his legs nice and tight around Max and whimpered as the blood oozed down his back and over his shoulders. He whimpered more when he saw the beast and began thumping Max's shoulder really hard. He even pushed Max's face to look in that direction. "Run. Run!" He slipped down off of Max and grabbed the guy's hand, taking off in the opposite direction as that thing! He didn't care if it was fake! That shit was fucked up! Then Lacey went down and he slowed, looking back at her and shouting for her to get up and run.
    Today at 8:59 PM
  • A Life of Cinn:
    At last, John finished the lasagna with a contented smile. He gazed up to the television static and stared for a bit.. It appeared slowly. The face of Fargilde materializing as it always did when his mind wandered... He shot upright and left the plate where it was. John Arduckle, 29, finished a plate of lasagna. At last! He heard screaming from elsewhere in the house and decided to finish enjoying his experience. He head to the next room.
    Today at 9:02 PM
  • Diana:
    Lacey tried to get up but as soon as she did he body went SPLECH right into the blood. She let out a choked sound and a startled cry as her entire body was jerked up and crashed flat against the ceiling. As she choked out Jaxon's name, her body sliiiiid along the ceiling down the entire length of the hall, past the stumbling buck. There was a chilling crunch just as the lights in the hallway flickered out.
    Today at 9:03 PM
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Max was not thrilled with the ankle-deep warm... goop. It smelled like blood. Looked like blood. He'd helped slaughter before and he'd dressed his own kills when he was hunting and this was... really gross. Also there was a teenager attached to him! "What is it you little clingy wombat!" Max growled but there was the deer thing again. He did not approve! "NOPE!" Max screeched and made a run for it, apparently hand in hand with Jaxon! They had paused to shout at his girl... but then. "Oh shit." He whispered. The hallway was plunged into darkness! "Shit! C'mon!" he started running again!
    Today at 9:04 PM
  • Diana:
    John finds himself in another perfectly unassuming room. Nothing frightening or strange about it. Just an office, with a desk and chair. A computer. The computer screen is playing cute cat videos.
    Today at 9:04 PM
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe watched open-mouthed as the girl was flung up to the ceiling, then dragged inexorably into the dark, where her screams ended with a sickening crunch. This place is legit haunted. Well of course it was, she'd spent most of the evening so far talking with a ghost. But she'd never seen a ghost actually hurt anyone, not like this. Now she was dragging Benji, back through the door she'd come through.
    57 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    Yoink! A stunned into silence Jaxon was tugged along in Max's wake, stumbling and miraculously keeping on his feet. There was ringing in his ears and he wasn't processing what was around him or where they were running to. He just kept picturing those last few seconds over and over and-- He tripped and landed hard on his knee, tears flooding his vision but he got back up again and hurried alongside Max. "RIP in pieces, Lacey. You were the only one who put up with my bullshit," he sniffled.
    55 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    John Arduckle was a clean man. At least, he tried to be. Sometimes dishes got out of hand. But today, he was greeted by a beautiful sight: A clean office, no claw marks on the chair, nothing unseemly on the keyboard, no happily living mice in sight. A mouse, a keyboard, a computer. He was curious, why might they put this in a haunted house. He reasoned that this wasn't ready yet, or the hosts forgot about it. Cute cat videos played. Rather than getting flashbacks to Fargilde, the 29 year old cartoonist was happy. This was what cats were supposed to be, cuddly and cute fluffballs. Not lard-stuffed menaces. He sat down at the desk and moved the mouse to shake off the screensaver, curious to know what kinds of things the family had on their home computer.
    54 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji didn't need to be dragged, but ran through the door eagerly, uncaring that he might be getting bloodied. He slammed a fist against the side of the doorway to try to get the attention of the others as his voice refused to come out past his too-tight throat.
    52 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    But the room Eolanthe dragged Benji into wasn't the room of dolls at all this time. It was a strangle slanted room where the floor kept tilting to and fro and some sort of light was spinning along the ways, making it seem like they were walking through a twisting tunnel.
    49 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Confusingly, Max was on the other side already, having not walked across a moving floor at all in his escape.
    48 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Meanwhile John was finding cheerful happy pictures of a married couple and their child with their adorable precious cat and their cute fluffy dog. It was wholesome and sweet.
    48 minutes ago
  • CarnelianUndead:
    "I have no idea what is going on. Were you telling the truth? Is this place really haunted?" And he had given up twenty bucks to get himself covered in blood and probably murdered?! Twenty bucks he could have used to eat pizza or take his home town girlfriend out one last time! Buy her one last bouquet of flowers. Hell. And his Mama deserved flowers too! Max's face was hot with tears before he wiped them away. He was in a new room? How? "Kid? How'd we get here?"
    47 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe couldn't see Benji in the dark, but she got the idea. "Come on! This way!" she cried, dropping her wand into her treat bag long enough to snap-and-bend the glow-stick that hung around her neck, meant to make sure she would be visible as she walked around on the trick-or-treating trip that she was now very sincerely regretting. "Wha--AAAAH!" Instead of the mean witch-dolls, she was struggling to keep her feet on a...Twilight Zone hypno-spiral? "I...I don't know! It's supposed to be a tea room!"
    45 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    "I- I- uh I dunno," Jaxon stammered, looking a bit out of it. He felt like he was going insane, like nothing was connecting properly. "And who the fuck are you calling kid? You're like maybe a year older than me," he spat, yanking his hand out of Max's and crossing his arms over his chest. He glanced back, stumbling a little as he watched the floor wavering like heat in the distance. He felt sick to his stomach.
    43 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji shut the door once everyone was out of the hallway, even as his unsteady feet refused to cooperate too well. He kept a hold on the girl's hand, then dropped to his own hands and knees and started to crawl towards where he saw the next door. Don't separate, he told himself, and keep moving.
    42 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    "Aww!", exclaimed John at the distilled wholesomeness being beamed through his retinas. He simultaneously reflected on his 29 years of age, and how he still hasn't found The One... it was incredibly improbable, but even the vet was uninterested in him. Somehow! He could dance! Who could resist a smart and moderately successful man who dances? Regardless, he swooned at the life he never had and decided enough was enough. After today, he would redouble his efforts to get his life in order. The Arduckle name would be preserved, his progeny would succeed him and carry on the family legacy. A good cat, a good dog, a good wife and child. He was inspired by this family, who had their lives in line. John Arduckle, 29, stood up, a new man. He looked towards the next room. The next female he met, he would suavely romance, and his life would be on the right course at last.
    40 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe grabbed onto Benji's shirt and stumbled along with him. It was always stupid to get separated in a scary movie, and she would not be the stupid screaming girl! Well...she had screamed, but even the guys were scared, so there!
    38 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    John's luck seemed to be with him as the first thing he saw when he entered the next room was a beautiful woman. She was a vision of everything he could ever want, and as she stood there in the center of the eerily empty room, she opened up her arms and beckoned him to come closer.
    37 minutes ago
  • CarnelianUndead:
    "I couldn't tell." Max rolled his eyes but at least that was some semblance of normalcy. Maybe this was just part of it. Maybe the girl wasn't dead! Maybe maybe maybe. He felt like he was losing his damned mind. He was absolutely gonna call his Mama and send her flowers. And his girlfriend. Well. He remembered that they were technically on a break because he left for college and she didn't want to deal with that. Funny how you could forget things like that in the heat of the moment. The floor wavered in front of him and made his head spin. "I'm going to hurl..." He turned to the wall, pressing his face against it, eyes screwed shut against the lights.
    37 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    This is it. The day everything falls into place. And before my 30th birthday. Only 29. John Arduckle, brimming with confidence, a newfound power surging through his polka dot veins, stepped into a tango from across the room from the dame, arms outstretched as if she were in his arms already. "Take this dance with me?", he asked as he settled into her hands, dancing with a real flesh-and-blood woman, "The name's Arduckle. John Arduckle, 29. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."
    31 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Alec who had been silent while the little girl and her new friends were wildly trying to escape, found himself feeling oddly chill. Odd, because has a mostly-dead ghost he didn't often feel things anymore. As he turned to give a snappy one-liner about his state of being a strong force of gravity pulled at his soul, harder, harder until he could feel his very essence being shredded apart.
    30 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "We've been waiting so long for you John," said the beautiful woman. As if John himself had willed it into being, a lovely song began to play, filling the hotel with the joyful sounds of music.
    29 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji crawled desperately, leading the girl by the hand as he pulled her to get down, to have an easier time of balancing as he hurried on hands and knees as fast as he could to the next door, and hopefully the exit.
    26 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    "We vibin, fam," Jaxon groaned, hands on his guts as they churned in his stomach. Wait. Was something actually moving around in his stomach or was he going more insane? The worst wave of nausea crashed down on him and he doubled over and purged the Takis and the Unicorn Frap and the tacos he'd consumed right before getting here.
    24 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe did a double-take. Of all the people here, it was the ghost who should have had the least to worry about, but now she could see a look of shock on his face. But there was no time or place to even try to do anything (and what could she do for a ghost under attack?), especially when no one else could even see him, as far as she knew. She felt a pull--the guy with her was trying to pull her down. She tried to choke back a scream, but it came out as a high-pitched moan through gritted teeth. It hit her that he was rather creepy in his own right, what with the weird charades, and now trying to pull her down. She shook her head and struggled to stay on her feet; getting any closer to that floor just didn't seem like a good idea...
    22 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    She refused? Fine. He rolled his eyes, making no move to hide it, before he continued to crawl forward. Like this, low to the floor, he felt steadier.
    21 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    As Jaxon upchucked his breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a waterfall of rainbow glitter something hard and rectangular lodged itself in his throat making it impossible to breathe. The familiar chime of Lacey's ringtone, sounded garbled and off... and it was coming from the object stuck in his mouth.
    20 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    The pair danced, the mysterious woman following his lead. His thoughts raced. He could woo her with his disco moves - no, too forward. He'd have to take it slow. She's so beautiful. The music churned the atmosphere, a liquid smooth caramel sweetness in the cream of the mood. John dared not look into her eyes, knowing he'd have to ease into it naturally. His wiki-how experience mustered its way to the forefront of his psyche. They tangoed around the periphery of the blank room, the walls shifting into nothingness, as if the void had swallowed the twosome of lovers in a sanctimonious embrace. The One. John Arduckle, 29 and ready, decided it was time. He raised his arm and spun her in front, them facing the same direction. He whispered close to the woman's ear, to overtake the crescendo of sugary notes. "You like disco?"
    19 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "Disco is dead, John," answered the woman in a soft purr. A strangely cat-like purr. That lasagna John ate still scented the air heavy with garlic and basil.
    17 minutes ago
  • Dawn:
    Bring bring bring! His throat lit up softly, the bright screen of the iPhone lodged in there. He squeaked, trying to suck in air. His face grew red and sweat beaded on his brow. Brows furrowed, perfectly manicured and yet a mess as he grimaced in suffering. He clawed at his throat, head feeling like an inflated balloon, all light and airy. The room was spinning...spinning.. He was on his knees now, leaving red trails down his throat where he was desperately clawing. Damn. He hoped Logan Paul would find his corpse, film it, and put it on YouTube some day...
    16 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Something flickered off to the side, just out of Eolanthe's vision. When she dared to look, she was seeing herself - a cold, pale, lifeless version of herself holding out her hand for the little girl to take. Her eyes were empty.
    14 minutes ago
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Max was horrified by the teenager throwing his guts up and then... and then he was choking! On a... cellphone? "Oh god, oh god...." Max tried to help! He really tried! He tried to perform the Heimlich but it wasn't working and the teenager was dead. Choked to death on a smartphone. The room swam from the trippy floor lights and the smell of vomit and drying blood on their clothes and Max was certain that this madness! He had lost his mind. He was dead or dreaming! Max ran. He ran like the hounds of hell were on his heels!
    14 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe didn't worry too much about the man's look of disapproval. At least he wasn't trying to pull her down and strangle her or do other terrible things... She still clung to his shirt to steady herself, as the principle about getting separated still held. Suddenly, the weirdo who was always 'fam' this and 'legit' that vomited rainbow glitter. Eolanthe burst into laughter, which was cut off when he suddenly started to choke. Heimlich Maneuver! You run up behind somebody, grab their stomach from behind, and squeeze, at least that's what they did in the movies. Before she could even decide if she ought to try, she saw something in her peripheral vision.
    12 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji kept his eyes on the door that seemed so distant and he kept crawling forward. He ignored the sounds of vomit and choking. He tugged at Eolanthe as she paused. It wasn't that he didn't care about the others. It was more that this was all he could do. All his mind could process was trying to escape as he gritted his teeth.
    11 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Max ran and ran and the hotel around him seemed to fade from his vision until he was back in those woods again. Only now instead of one or two taxidermy animals there were dozens in every direction. Before he could think twice the buck was there, twisted head and all. SSHIIILCK. Antlers peirced through his body, blood pouring from his chest.
    10 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe turned, and, well, screamed like a little girl. Shaking her head wildly, she said, "I don't think I will go with you," she said, then, feeling Benji's tug, she turned and put all her effort into running, now she was the faster of the two, trying to help pull him along.
    9 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji crawled faster with her pulling, but when he looked back to see what caused it... he stumbled to his feet and picked the girl up before he sprinted, eyes bulging, to the door. Escape. They had to escape!
    8 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    Wha- Not a fan of disco, well beggars can't be choosers... "Ha, kidding," John Arduckle was unsure how to transition from the previous move back to tango, so he instead decided to panic and trip over the woman's heel, pulling her by the hand to the floor. "Oop!" They landed, the woman straddling him, her hair fallen messily. Oh no oh what is happening- her legs are right there, she's.. on me-aah, this is so fast. Instinctively, the 29 year old man reached out to swipe her hair out of the way, finally hoping to get a look into her eyes and fulfill his dreams, looking to seal the future with a first kiss.
    8 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Benji lost his footing and hit the ground, losing Eolanthe in the process. Invisible hands grasped his legs and yanked him so hard he went skidding across the floor back towards the flooded hall of blood. SLAM went the door sealed shut. When he opened his mouth to soundlessly scream, blood pooled and pooled up over his head. There was nothing to grasp, no where free from the drowning blood.
    6 minutes ago
  • CarnelianUndead:
    Back in the forest again! He was running, fear drowning his mind until there was nothing left. Faster. Faster. Animals all around him. Wrong. They were all so wrong! He felt the antlers pierce his body, he didn't even have time to scream. There was white-hot pain. "Dammit.." Blood oozed from his mouth and he coughed... once. twice. He went limp stuck on the strange deer like a very bad hat.
    6 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    John's beautiful woman smiled on top of him and her skin was wonderfully soft. Too soft. Furry soft. As he gazed into the eyes of what he thought was his true love, he found himself staring into the soulless eyes of his very own cat. It's mouth grotesquely wide. "Where's dinner, John? I'm so hungry."
    4 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Benji gasped, drawing blood in immediately. Wide eyes darted around, but already his vision darkened. He tried to swim, but there was nowhere to go. He clawed at the blood and floated upward until he met ceiling, but by then, his movements stopped. The only sign of life was the stiffness of the male dead.
    3 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Eolanthe screamed again as Benji was pulled away from her. Separated! Alone! Always alone! The creepy girl! No one wants to play with her! I see dead people! Dead people! They're all dead! There was nothing to do now but run, run from her own dead self, don't look back, never look back because that's when you trip and when you look back forward again the killer is there even though they were behind you.
    2 minutes ago
  • A Life of Cinn:
    John Arduckle, 29, would never see his 30th birthday, as his sudden screaming was cut short by his living nightmare come to claim him for the last time.
    1 minute ago
  • Diana:
    Eolanthe ran and the confusing haunted hotel gave way to dark terrifying room after room. She didn't know how long she had ran, or how she even made her way out, but somehow she was outside again in the dead of night with the cool air hitting her face and the distant sound of thunder filling her ears. Everybody died at the end... everybody but her.
    A moment ago
  • Diana:
    THE END

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
Status
Not open for further replies.