OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP! Arseidis: Ghost Town - August 11th Tuesday @ 12PM Central

Added to Calendar: 08-11-20

ARE YOU ATTENDING?


  • Total voters
    4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
arseidis.jpg

ARSEIDIS: GHOST TOWN
AUGUST 11TH @ 12PM Noon Central Time​

Founded on the edge of a forest in northwest Wyoming by two business men hoping to establish trade and mining in the area, Arseidis was meant to be a bustling new community. Instead, within ten years it became overran with the worst of the worst in villainy and vagrants. Then one day in the late 1880s, without warning or explanation, everyone in town was gone. Of course locals assumed that the violence and lack of work eventually drove people out of the town, but urban legends of hellmouths and curses flourished. Eventually the town faded from people's minds, the properties sold, the area forgotten.

Come to present date, the property has been inherited by a last living relative and by chance the abandoned town was discovered. With Arseidis' rich history (and an offer of a great deal of money), the owner has allowed a nearby University sole access to the property for study and investigation. A hodgepodge of people with different interests have arrived to uncover the secrets of Arseidis.


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are someone part of the team here to discover Arseidis’ history and secrets. You can be a student or faculty of the University there because you have an interest of some sort, or you can be someone that was hired to help this “expedition”. There is no proven supernatural existence that you are aware of. So, yes you must play a human and no you can not have magic or powers! Outside of that, you’re welcome to get creative with characters, but make sure they fit the setting. Don’t show up as a ninja or British spy.

WHEN: AUGUST 11TH - TUESDAY @ 12PM NOON CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 3PM.

WHERE: Join us in the ARSEIDIS chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
THIS CHARP IS TODAY!
 

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
  4. No Preferences
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
LOGS

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE ARSEIDIS CHARP!
  • Diana:
    This setting is a modern world with a "is supernatural even real" scenario. The world at large doesn't believe in this stuff. You are with a group of people here to explore this abandoned old west town.
    Today at 12:19 PM
  • Diana:
    HOT TIP: Make sure your character's NAME is mentioned in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing what.
    Today at 12:19 PM
  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORTER POSTS! Type brief, type fast. Charp is in real time, so details can be missed in long posts, or you can miss the action if you take too long. Keep posts under 10 sentences.
    Today at 12:19 PM
  • Diana:
    My charps are always newbie friendly! Don't worry about mistakes or if you've never done chat roleplay before. This is all in good fun! If you need help I am always in the main chat area to answer questions or send you in the right direction.
    Today at 12:20 PM
  • Diana:
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Make sure to pay attention to those because they are guiding the plot.
    Today at 12:20 PM
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 12:20 PM
  • Diana:
    We open on a hot summer day right in the middle of the old town known only recently as the missing Arseidis. There's a couple tents set up for convenience near the rented school bus, some work tables, chairs, a generator, and portable toilets, because this place hasn't seen power or running water in quite a long time.
    Today at 12:53 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt had lived his whole life in a nearby town. He knew about the weird town, but he never thought he would ever visit it. Of course, he also should actually go into the town. He was in the port-a- potty. He would wash his hands, adjust his cowboy hat, slide back on his fingerless gloves and slide his brown and white horse face covering over his well kept beard and opened the door with his cowboy boot. “ Well, mysteries don’t solve themselves,” he mumbled.
    Today at 1:00 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Among the tents and rented bus, a silver Impala sat parked. Its owner, not affiliated with the school, seemed to have no trouble butting in on school business, and had even helped set up the generator, porta-johns, and the rest of the camp. In exchange, he also partook of some of the university's food and water supplies.
    Today at 1:00 PM
  • Diana:
    Samantha Bartholomew, better known as Sammy B was in her overalls and boots and making sure she had everything she needed in her backpack just in case she found a nice secluded place to hang out in and avoid doing any real work. Her college course forced this particular class, so if she could get away with the bare minimum, that's what she was going to do.
    Today at 1:02 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Sam, right?" Mike asked as he munched an apple he'd taken from the school's supplies. "Need help with anything?"
    Today at 1:04 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would look over at them. He decided to watch her response to Mike. He had a feeling he already knew her answer.
    Today at 1:06 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy gave the guy a bit of a suspicious glance, considering he wasn't one of her classmates or even someone from the college. She just shook her head and hefted her backpack on her shoulder. "I'm good, thanks."
    Today at 1:08 PM
  • Diana:
    "Okay everyone!" Called out one of the ancient professors that had organized the trip. "Rules are pretty basic. Stick to teams of two or more -- don't wander into any buildings alone, we don't know if they are structurally safe. Unless you are one of the anthropologists, please leave things where you find them -- but do take lots of pictures! Don't forget to write notes in your class journals about everything you see."
    Today at 1:10 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Alright." He grinned, then looked up at the professor. He absently wondered if any of the leadership present knew he wasn't from the school, or realized he'd been there when they all arrived. All he'd done was felt a pull and followed it to this place. Granted, his phone didn't even have any minutes on it, so... he wasn't sure if he could send them any photos he gathered. Oh well! He took another bite of his apple, then frowned in disappointment over yet again discovering it was a 'red delicious'. It had crunch... but nothing else.
    Today at 1:14 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would walk over to Sam. “ So, I guess we need to work in teams. Want to work together?” He asked. He had no intention to not touch things. He wouldn’t move anything but they couldn’t expect him to just write notes and take pictures. He figured Sam wouldn’t care, hence picking her as a partner.
    Today at 1:17 PM
  • Diana:
    "Yeah, sure..." she looked about as dubious about the cowboy as she did the stranger, but if they had to work in 'teams' she couldn't really argue it. Sammy could always vanish once they got to exploring. "I guess we just... scatter around and look at whatever building seems cool?" she suggested, pointing in a direction were fewer people were headed.
    Today at 1:20 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Mind if I tag along?" Mike asked. "I think there's something possessed that way."
    Today at 1:21 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I’m sorry, did you just call a building possessed that way?” Wyatt asked. He had a feeling that he wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Wyatt surveyed the other man, taking in his appearance. “ What do you think?” He asked Sam.
    Today at 1:23 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Yep. I can tell from looking," he said. Mike was a bit scruffy and very scarred, plus a bit underfed. He had brown hair just above shoulder-length, stubble, and wore a flannel shirt.
    Today at 1:24 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy was a little flustered with suddenly having tagalongs (which meant it was going to be harder to just find a spot and sit) but ended up shrugging her shoulders. Maybe because 'possessed building' sounded kind of interesting, even if it was just local urban legend nonsense. "I guess it doesn't hurt to check out the really weird stuff first," she admitted.
    Today at 1:25 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt didn’t even want to know how this was possible. Of course, it was always the pretty ones that wound up making his life Hell. Damn, hot guy. “ I mean, I want to check out a possessed building myself,” he replied.
    Today at 1:28 PM
  • Diana:
    As people broke up into their teams and wandered off to explore, the town seemed perfectly quiet, though, maybe a little eerie. It was hot as sin under the summer heat, and the wind that blew around dead leaves didn't help.
    Today at 1:33 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "If nothing else, there's always a nice breeze around haunted things," he said, "Just don't touch anything that looks like it was a personal belonging, alright?" Mike's grin was wide and open.
    Today at 1:34 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt was a bit relieved that he had thought to wear his face covering and hat because otherwise, he would be breathing in the summer hot air. “ What might happen if we do?”
    Today at 1:35 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "You could get possessed," Mike answered, as though it was obvious.
    Today at 1:36 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    I guess that might be a good reason to not touch stuff.” He had worn the gloves for this purpose though, to avoid possession.
    Today at 1:38 PM
  • Diana:
    "And you'll get haunted," answered Sammy, holding back a laugh. Sammy went ahead leading the way towards some of the buildings in the worst of shape, carefully stepping over some off the broken porch steps before she shoved hher way passed a fallen door to take a peek inside what used to be an old grocery store.
    Today at 1:39 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver Kaskett would we wandering around the town alone. He had been warned not to come but his curiosity took the better of him and he ended here anyway. Oliver was a dork and he loved to discover new things, this was going to be awesome!
    Today at 1:40 PM
  • Diana:
    The old grocery store didn't have anything too old about it. It just looked like any abandoned building with all it's shelves still stocked and covered in a century of dust and cobwebs. There were a bunch of strange scratches on the walls and floor but that couldn't be too odd, could it?
    Today at 1:48 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would kneel down on the floor. “ I wonder if this was a cat or something else,” he replied, touching the scratches on the floor and looking to see if there was anything else of interest
    Today at 1:50 PM
  • Diana:
    Those scratches seemed to be way too thick, long, and deep to be from a small animal, but it was a fair theory.
    Today at 1:51 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Hm?" Mike blinked and walked over. He didn't seem particularly worried about structural stability, though. He walked over and observed the scratch marks, then touched them and spread his awareness toward them, trying to discern what he could of them.
    Today at 1:52 PM
  • Diana:
    Mike, probably got a real bad chill.
    Today at 1:53 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ If I didn’t know better, I would say that this was werewolf scratches,” Wyatt joked
    Today at 1:53 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver would be looking around and analysed the current states of the buildings, he was intrigued by what could of happened to some of them. The buildings had scratches that were deep and looked fatal , maybe some kind of big cat.
    Today at 1:54 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy rolled her eyes at the werewolf suggestion, taking more interest in all the old canning jars filled with goop that probably used to be food. "Or, y'know... a cougar. There's cougars and mountain lions out here in the national forest."
    Today at 1:55 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Something unpleasant," Mike said as he stood, "We should avoid touching those scratch marks too much." He wiped his hands on his pants and shook his head. "Now'd be a good time to take pictures, though.
    Today at 1:56 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The nerd would put his glasses back in place, bumping into Wyatt because he wasn't looking where he was going.
    Today at 1:56 PM
  • Diana:
    As Sammy got up real close to the jars for inspection, she bumped one of the shelves. The goop in the jar jiggled and what looked like an eyeball floated and rolled and spied at her.
    Today at 1:57 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy shieked loud enough to wake the dead.
    Today at 1:57 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike yelped and jumped, then hurried over to Sammy. "What's wrong?" he asked as he placed a hand on Sammy's shoulder. "Are you ok?"
    Today at 1:57 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I was joking. Stuff probably used to be...” Wyatt would turn over to Sam. He would pick a jar of hoop and decided to open it.
    Today at 1:58 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver shuddered and looked over at everyone, tilting his head before rushing to touch the goop.
    Today at 2:00 PM
  • Diana:
    All Wyatt found in the jar was a bunch of really moldy jellied peaches. Oliver now has sticky moldy peach fingers.
    Today at 2:00 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike just stared at all of them. "Are... you guys from a horror movie cast?"
    Today at 2:01 PM
  • Diana:
    "I- I'm fine, it was just some stupid jam," Sam huffed, pressing her hand against her chest where her heart was beating out of control. She just got startled, and now the dumb boys were being dumb boys.
    Today at 2:01 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Nah, just naturally curious. It’s just moldy peaches,” Wyatt replied, putting it back.
    Today at 2:02 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Though, how it's moldy when it wasn't opened is kinda suspect," Mike muttered. "And gross."
    Today at 2:03 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver gagged slightly and shook his hands, the moldy peaches from his hands splattering all over Mike.
    Today at 2:03 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike sighed. He'd had worse on himself, but that didn't mean he liked it. He wiped some of the peach-mold back onto Oliver's sleeve. "You can have it back," he said with a small laugh.
    Today at 2:04 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I mean, not really. This place is a hundred years old and old preserving was for a few days. Mold probably grew from the water and germs it was preserved in,” Wyatt replied
    Today at 2:04 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver whimpered "Stop!" Kicking him gently and pouting "this was a new jumper". It was clear he didn't like being dirty.
    Today at 2:04 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy, had no desire to hang around a bunch of dummies, so as they messed around with peach jam, she continued exploring by making her way into the back of the building. There were a bunch of storage crates and boxes back there and old sacks of dried grain-- most of which had holes eaten into it by animals.
    Today at 2:06 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "These are my only clothes," Mike countered, though he didn't sound all too upset. Instead, he shrugged. "I don't know, making a vacuum seal just involves boiling. It's not all that hard to do, and lasts for decades, at least. I used to make jams with my mom."
    Today at 2:06 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He just sighed and shook his head, scratching at his ginger hair. This was stressing him out. Oliver moved away and looked at some more Jars.
    Today at 2:08 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt looked over at them and decided to follow Sam. “ Weird that the storage crates are untouched.”
    Today at 2:09 PM
  • Diana:
    KERSLAM. While Sammy looked around in the back with Wyatt's help and the other boys were busy up front, the door to the back room slammed shut suddenly. Locking Sammy and Wyatt inside in the dark and the others with a bunch of perfectly normal jars.
    Today at 2:10 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Just be careful what you touch, okay? Dry rot sometimes causes damage to glass, and this place feels haunted, too." He grinned at Oliver completely believing himself, only to stop head as he heard the slam. "Uh oh," he muttered, then hurried that way. "Guys? You alright?" he called as he looked around.
    Today at 2:11 PM
  • Diana:
    At least Sammy didn't scream this time, but as she fumbled around in the dark she tripped over a bunch of the crates and let out a pained yelp.
    Today at 2:12 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver screamed when the door slammed shut.
    Today at 2:12 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I hope that was just the wind,” Wyatt mumbled. He would shout back. “ Well, it’s dark in here, but otherwise, pretty quiet for now.” He would fish out his phone and turn on the flashlight app. “ you okay, Sam?” he asked.
    Today at 2:13 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike tried the door, concerned.
    Today at 2:13 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver would look at Mike "why did you lock them in?!" , thinking that he had done it.
    Today at 2:14 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy made a frustrated noise as she tried to gather herself. She touched her bare leg and came back with a handful of blood. At least she hoped it was blood and not more of that gross moldy jelly. "I cut my leg open, I think."
    Today at 2:15 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "I didn't," he answered. "I ran over _after_ we heard the slam, remember?" He stared at Oliver.
    Today at 2:17 PM
  • Diana:
    It was dead quiet in the back room with Sammy and Wyatt, but at least Wyatt's flashlight afforded enough light to see by. Meanwhile... in the front of the store, a couple of the jars jus straight up BURST, sending glass and goo flying. Only a few jars, though... maybe they just over heated in the summer heatwave!
    Today at 2:18 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would lean down and pull out his spare face covering out of his pocket. “ I don’t got any disinfectant, so all I can do is to covering the bleeding,” he replied, Wrapping the covering gently around her wound.
    Today at 2:18 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver thought back and reliased that he didnt lock those two in after all "well, what are we going to do?". When the jars burst open, he would scream some more and started cowering.
    Today at 2:19 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike frowned. "Hey, stay close," he urged Oliver as he tried again to open the door, putting his weight into it.
    Today at 2:19 PM
  • Diana:
    After a few hefty shoves, Mike succeeded in breaking through the door. It (and he) crash landed on the floor sending a huge POOF of old flour and dust and cobwebs into the air.
    Today at 2:21 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver did as he was told and stayed next to Mike. He hated every moment of this
    Today at 2:22 PM
  • Diana:
    Right in the middle of her trying to thank Wyatt, all the dust had her coughing and joking. "Was that necessary!"
    Today at 2:22 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike grunted. "Oof," He pushed himself up. "I didn't nail anyone, did I?" He hadn't expected it to come down without being kicked down, but... this worked? "Let's head back outside. If we're having difficulties with someone who can sense this stuff, then the others are probably having a worse time, don't you think?"
    Today at 2:23 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Something happen that you literally broke the door down?” Wyatt asked Mike. “ I mean if I wasn’t wearing a face covering, that would have been painful.”
    Today at 2:24 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver just watched in confusion, what was actually going on
    Today at 2:24 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Stuff was exploding out there," Mike answered, "I think we should get out of the building."
    Today at 2:24 PM
  • Diana:
    'I sure don't want to stick around in here," agreed Sammy. "Help me up!" Her leg felt a little stiff and she doubted she broke anything, but the cut was pretty deep and stung like hell.
    Today at 2:26 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver sighed and already left the building, sitting down outside slowly "I dont like this place. it feels like the demons are coming to haunt me" he mumbled slowly.
    Today at 2:27 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I guess you were right about one thing, this building is possessed,” Wyatt added. “ We should probably find disinfectant for Sammy’s leg.” He would offer his arm to help Sammy walk.
    Today at 2:28 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike offered a hand. "You can ride on my back. There's a little infirmary set up back at camp, right?"
    Today at 2:28 PM
  • Diana:
    With Oliver the first one outside, he could be the first one to notice that no one else from the trip seemed to be out there. They were likely still exploring the town without problems.
    Today at 2:28 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy accepted two hands to lift herself up, and hopping onto Mike's back was easy enough even though it was embarassing. "It's not that bad," insisted Sammy.
    Today at 2:29 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt looked over at her. “ It’s better to be safe than sorry.... though we probably shouldn’t mention that we touched stuff.”
    Today at 2:31 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike supported her by her thighs. "Hey, better safe than sorry, like he said." He nodded, then started to carry Sammy out.
    Today at 2:32 PM
  • Diana:
    Once Mike, Wyatt and Sammy were outside with Oliver they too could see there was no one to be seen. In fact, even as they made their way back to base camp, it was devoid of people. There should have at least been one of the professors hanging out with the supplies.
    Today at 2:34 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would look at the broken jars as he wondered out. It was safer to leave this building though. “ How many other buildings are like this one?” He asked Mike. Wyatt would look around. “ Where did everyone else go?” He asked.
    Today at 2:35 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike frowned and carried her to the infirmary station, then set her on the cot there and looked toward Wyatt. "You wanna take care of her leg? I'll see if maybe people are taking a siesta." He gave a thumbs up, trying to be reassuring.
    Today at 2:36 PM
  • Diana:
    "I feel a little sick," grumbled Sammy. She really hadn't thought the cut was that bad, but now that she was seated on the cot and her head was still a little loopy, maybe it was worse than she thought.
    Today at 2:38 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He would follow them back to camp but remained sitting on the floor in thought.
    Today at 2:38 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would carefully remove his covering. “ Okay, let’s get this started. Sadly, not my first time doing this. “ He would take the disinfectant and start working on the wound to get it to calm down and get the gauze ready to wrap around her leg. “ I could take your temperature if you want.”
    Today at 2:39 PM
  • Diana:
    With Oliver still sitting on the steps outside of the old grocery store, he could probably hear something creaking and croaking behind him somewhere inside the store. It was probably just the old rotton wood settling.
    Today at 2:40 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy was a pretty good patient, in at least she didn't fuss or scream. She did, however, look super pale and about ready to just pass out.
    Today at 2:41 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver heard the noises and looked up, standing up slowly and walking back into the store. He could feel his heart pounding.
    Today at 2:41 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike went to check the sleeping tent, then the bus, and even knocked on the door to the porta-potty. "Anyone here?" he called.
    Today at 2:42 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I think I should get you some water,” he replied, getting it from the supplies and offering it to her to drink.
    Today at 2:43 PM
  • Diana:
    As Mike searched he found absolutely no one. It was eerie! Meanwhile, the grocery store with Oliver seemed empty enough... if you ignored all of the glass jars being cracked and oozing out their goops down the shelves. And the walls. ...and out of the floors?
    Today at 2:44 PM
  • Diana:
    "Yeah, okay-" Was the last thing Sammy said before she slumped over on the cot, fainted!
    Today at 2:45 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Ok, that was weird... Mike frowned and walked to his car, then checked it. He grabbed his briefcase, and felt some semblance of calm return, enough that he could close his eyes and spread his awareness to try to find any sign of what happened.
    Today at 2:46 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He would analyse the situation before kicking his foot in the wooden floor, breaking down. Oliver crouched to get a good look at what was beneath the floorboards.
    Today at 2:46 PM
  • Diana:
    Oliver pried up one of the floor boards and found himself staring down at something... fleshy. Fleshy, oozing, and pulsing. As if everything under the floorboards was made of the stuff.
    Today at 2:47 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Well, that’s not good,” he replied, wondering how a cut could cause this much damage. He would check the wound to see if there was anything odd about it.
    Today at 2:48 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver would widen his eyes and throw up onto the fleshy thing. He started running his pure fear. What in the fuck was that?!
    Today at 2:49 PM
  • Diana:
    Other than bleeding a lot, Sammy's wound was a normal cut, and thankfully not too bad. It wouldn't even need stitches. But now Wyatt could hear Oliver's terrified screaming as he came tearing out of the old grocery store. In fact, really everyone in town should've been able to hear it. Yet no one was coming out to see what was going on!
    Today at 2:50 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Seeing as there was no one else around, Wyatt would put Sam on his back and check on Oliver. “ What’s wrong?” he asked.
    Today at 2:52 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike yanked his awareness back, then ran towards the grocery store, only to nearly run into Oliver. He caught the other man in his strong arms and held him tight. "Hey, hey, it's ok, calm down. What did you see?"
    Today at 2:52 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver would be trembling like crazy "I-I-I-I" he couldn't form any words.
    Today at 2:53 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike gave him a tight squeeze as his briefcase, still in hand, rested against the other's back. "Was it in the store?" he asked, his voice gentle.
    Today at 2:54 PM
  • Diana:
    Thankfully Sammy was coming back to awareness, though she was groaning and didn't at all look like she was feeling any better. Though, as she found herself blinking at Wyatt's behind, maybe that had something to do with it. "Jesus, you guys are giving me a headache," she croaked.
    Today at 2:55 PM
  • Diana:
    As Oliver tried to croak and explain, a bunch of ooze flowed it's out of the grocery store and poured into the dirt street, as if it were a goopy river of lava. It smelled of sulfer and death and those that were sensitive to these sorts of things were likely feeling mighty bad things right about now.
    Today at 2:55 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    He nodded and held onto Mike tightly, terrified of what he had just witenessed
    Today at 2:56 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I am guessing it was that,” Wyatt replied back to him. Thank god he was wearing his face covering. “ I think we might want to get onto the bus.”
    Today at 2:56 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    The nineteen year old looked unstable, it wasn't clear if he could walk or not. Oliver gently continued to hold onto Mike, trying his best to calm down. #
    Today at 2:58 PM
  • Astaroth:
    Meanwhile, the sound of someone crying issued from behind an old crate, and then a pale face topped with badly brushed brown hair peeked up over the top to peer with tear-filled eyes at the group. When the ooze poured out onto the street, though, the little girl screamed more shrilly than Oliver and ran down the street, her shabby dress tangling around her legs and tripping her up until she faceplanted in the dirt. "Noooooooooooo!"
    Today at 2:58 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt groaned and rushed over, picking up the little girl and putting her on top of Sam. “ Well, this was not how I thought my day was going to go.”
    Today at 3:00 PM
  • Astaroth:
    "Noooo! Let me goooo!" the girl screamed, kicking and flailing. "PAPA HELP! PAPA WHERE ARE YOOOOOU?"
    Today at 3:01 PM
  • Diana:
    Sammy was definitely feeling something as her headache grew stronger. Like her skin was crawling and how she wanted to throw up! She couldn't see what was going on, though, and maybe that was a good thing. And now she was getting dog piled with a child body?! "Holy crap, put us BOTH down! I can walk!"
    Today at 3:01 PM
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver looked at the child and shook his head, he really hated those snotty brats. He sighed but bit his tongue, not wanting to make her wail even more.
    Today at 3:02 PM
  • The Mood is Write:
    "No," Mike said, "Get into my car. We seem to be the only ones here, and my car's warded!" He pointed to his car, only to blink as a little girl came into view. "Oh shit," he breathed. Wyatt had her, though. He led Oliver over. "Hey, where'd you see your Papa last? I'll look for him once everyone gets into my car, where it's safer."
    Today at 3:02 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt sighed and put them both down. “ Okay, “ he replied, not arguing with the woman. He was raised to be polite.
    Today at 3:02 PM
  • Diana:
    The flow of ooze stopped midway in the street and seemed to be getting more and more solid as it rose up from the dirt and started to contort. Oliver would recognize it as the same fleshy stuff he saw under the floorboards, as it shifted around and starting taking a monsterous shape.
    Today at 3:03 PM
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt looked over at Mike. “ Your car is sounding better and better with each passing moment.”
    59 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    "...I don't know," the girl sniffled, shuffling away from Wyatt and looking up at Mike. "We were walking around and then I couldn't find him anywhere, and. And there's STUFF!" she shrieked, pointing at the coming ooze.
    59 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    "We'll look for him after we're safe, okay?" Mike promised, then pointed to his car. "You guys go ahead! Leave the driver's seat for me, but if I don't catch up, go without me!" He shoved his keys into Wyatt's hand, then pulled away from Oliver. "I'll keep that thing occupied." He gave a thumbs up, completely confident.
    57 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver did as he was told and sat down in the car, sighing softly and hoping to not be placed next to the child.
    56 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Once Sammy was on her feet she very nearly threw up. She almost threw up again eyeballing this weird little girl, because Sammy sure didn't remember anyone on the bus having a kid. But Sammy also wasn't about to question things, because one look at the weird moving goo, Sammy and her weak knees went scrambling for the Impala.
    56 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Keep it occupied how?” Wyatt asked, taking the keys and opening the car doors. “ Huh- No booster seat,” he mumbled. He would look over at Sam, the girl and Oliver and gestured for them to climb in the back seat as he would take the passenger seat.
    55 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    "I'm not going!" the child insisted, throwing her arms around Mike's leg. "I want to stay with you! I'll help! I--I'm not scared!"
    55 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Snap. Crack. An arm took shape and slapped a large clawed hand down on the dusty road. A weirdly misshapen head rose up next, twisting around in a full circle before wide hollow sockets aimed in the direction of the Impala, and a big wide gaping mouth cracked open to reveal dripping spittle, sharp jagged teeth, and an unfathomable throat.
    52 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    Despite her words of a moment ago, the girl screamed again, louder, and tightened her hold on Mike's leg, burying her face against his clothing.
    51 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike would have smiled, but he instead pulled away as the thing turned its attention to the car. "Go!" he urged, then he walked to the creature. "Hey!" he shouted to it. "I'm the real treat here!" He extended his aura to try to make himself look appetizing.
    51 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt knew that this was a dumb thing to do as he pocketed the keys, ran towards Mike and with a ton of force, grabbed the child and ran back towards the car.
    47 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "No, you idiot...! At least throw me the keys!" screamed Sammy, watching with dawning horror as the damn cowboy did what cowboys always do and went in for the rescue. Everything about this was leaving a big twisting lump in her stomach that Sammy couldn't seem to shake.
    45 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    Sobbing, the girl flailed and climbed into the driver's seat the second Wyatt loosened his hold. She'd apparently snatched the keys right out of Wyatt's pocket because she fumbled with the ignition, sliding down to step on the gas pedal, but she couldn't get enough weight on it. "We have to help him! He's gonna die! I'm gonna run it over!"
    45 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver had just decided to take a damn nap in the car
    44 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    The thing that had crawled up out of the ooze had it's full, festing body in view and stood several feet taller than Mike. Covered in that fleshy stuff and open wounds, it's ribs in full view, and thick oddly jointed legs, it looked like something straight out of hell itself. Once free from the ooze it stomped and crawled at an alarming speed towards Mike.
    42 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike charged at it and used his arms to pin its arms. It forced him to press against it, but he kept a tight grip. "It's time to stop!" he called to it. He sent peaceful energies to it, trying to calm it.
    39 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would look over at the little girl. “ I don’t disagree with you,” he replied, moving her from the drivers seat and taking the keys. “ Let’s save our mysterious new friend,” he replied, looking to see if any
    38 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    there was any indication Mike needed help
    37 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    The demonic creature wasn't having any interest in good vibes, so the second Mike was standing still it went lunging for him with it's giant gaping mouth full of teeth.
    36 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt didn’t need much else before he slammed on the gas, racing to grab Mike before it ate him.
    35 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "Jesus christ yes just run the fucking thing over," howled Sammy from her trapped position in the backseat with an unconcious Oliver. She didn't know what happened to that guy, but she kinda felt she'd be joining him soon.
    35 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike, who was currently bear-hugging the thing.
    33 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    The kid, meanwhile, turned to watch from the passenger seat, and when she decided she didn't have a good enough view she climbed into the back with Sammy and Oliver, clambering up over Oliver's unconscious body to peer out the back window. She glanced over at Sammy, sniffling, and asked, "Are... are you okay, lady?"
    33 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    With the calming affect failing, he used his briefcase, still in hand, to bludgeon the thing as he started shouting in another language.
    30 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt looked over at Sam. “ I guess running it over wouldn’t hurt, but I think Mike can also handle it for now.”
    29 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    As Wyatt zoomed towards what had to be a demon, it gripped Mike tight and hurled him away. One of it's massive claws definitely made shredding contact through his skin. Before Wyatt could run it over, it skittered and scrabbled out of the way. An earth pericing shriek filled the air.
    29 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Sammy, still unsure of who this kid belonged to, couldn't seem to inch away from her fast enough -- not that it mattered! Because with Wyatt's reckless driving in trying to hit the demon, everyone in the back seat was getting tossed around. "NO, I'm not okay!!" she shouted.
    29 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike hissed as a new wound on his back, where it crossed over some old scars, now visible through his torn shirt. Eyes wide and shaking, he tried to get a hold of himself, only to swallow and scrabble over to his briefcase. He threw it open, and a green glow came from within as he reached in and pulled out a glass container, shaped like a gourd, and threw it at the demon.
    27 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    "Nooo, kill it! KILL IT!" the girl shrieked. "You have to kill it!" She gripped the back of the seats, pounding her tiny fists on them. "Is he okay?! Help him!"
    27 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Inside the thing, shaped like an old-timey fire extinguisher, was holy water.
    26 minutes ago
  • AnxiousEnby:
    Oliver looked up and widened his eyes at what he had seen, thinking he was still high and slumped back down “fuck this”. It was nap time again:
    25 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Holy water had an effect for sure, as everywhere it struck seemed to melt off the creature and hit the ground like acid. It shrieked again, scrabbling for Mike and snapping it's a massive jaws.
    24 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike grabbed another from the glowing insides of the briefcase and threw it, not releasing the handle of his briefcase with his non-throwing hand.
    23 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt looked over at the little girl. “ Why do you want to kill this monster?” He asked.“ I think he is okay for now.” He would pause the car and looked over at Oliver. “ How is he sleeping through all of this?” he asked.
    22 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    "Because it's hurting him! Are you stupid or something?!" she bellowed.
    21 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt sighed. “ I deserve that one. Okay, I rather not call you child. What is your name?” He asked, fishing around in his pocket to see if he had anything useful to help.
    19 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "Yeah, are you stupid!" Sammy agreed, and couldn't believe she was agreeing, but really, she was starting to think that monster was a real and actual demon out there. "Stop asking her questions, hit the thing! Run it over! At least go scoop up Mike and get us out of here!"
    19 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    "Molly," she scoffed. "Listen to this lady if you won't listen to me!"
    17 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Mike did not have enough holy water in that briefcase to get of this demon on his own, but he did at least hinder it enough to where it wasn't so fast. It slammed down in front of him swinging one of it's fleshy oozing arms to take his head off.
    16 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ I don’t think running over a demon would be useful if that is what it is. As for scooping up, Mike, I think he might actually have this handled,” he replied, finally finding it. His blessed cross. He would grip it as he went and attempted to slam the demon again with the car
    15 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike ducked and rolled away. Out of holy water, but... Shit, he really didn't want to destroy its soul, it was probably just trapped! He pulled a spear from his briefcase and spoke over it in Latin before he thrust it at the demon.
    13 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    SKOWRCHLP! The spear stuck in the demon with a wet squishy sound and as it opened it's jaws again to howl an agonized wail, Wyatt smashed into it with the Impala. The demon exploded into goop on impact, sending fleshy chunks and molded ooze in all directions and all over Mike's poor car.
    10 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Sammy, like anyone would, screamed a yelp first on the impact and then found herself feeling slightly less queasy in one way, but even more queasy in another. "Oh gods... oh gross..."
    9 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike barely avoided the car, able to sense it coming. Strangely, no goop landed inside the glowing briefcase, and it snapped itself shut as Mike panted, gripping it and the spear still.
    9 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    “ Okay, that usually doesn’t work.... surprised that it did. “ Okay, maybe Molly and you were right about hitting the demon. Must be the car’s wards.”
    8 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike panted and looked toward his car, then waved to those inside. "Everyone alright!?" he called, out of breath.
    7 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    Molly, meanwhile, sat down heavily on top of Oliver with a sigh of relief. "Finally! Now I can go find Papa." She smiled wide, wiping tears away from her cheeks. "Thanks, dummy! I'm sorry I got mad at you."
    7 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt looked over at her. “ Wyatt, my name is Wyatt.”
    6 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    Sammy shoved her way right out of the Impala and promptly threw up in the dusty street. That's how she was.
    5 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write:
    Mike pushed himself up, then headed to the car and knocked on the window. "Hey, you ok?" he asked as he looked in, a little paranoid about letting other people stay in his car and home.
    5 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would step out of the car. “ That leaves one question though. Where did everyone else go?”
    4 minutes ago
  • Astaroth:
    "Okay, Wyatt. Tell Mike thank you too!" she giggled, and opened the car door on her side to climb out. If anyone was watching though, she never emerged on the other side.
    4 minutes ago
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Wyatt would look over to see where she was and noticed she didn’t come out. “ Sure, ghosts and demons. Might as well. This day was already weird.”
    2 minutes ago
  • Diana:
    "...screw this class." muttered Sammy. No credit was worth all this. She was dropping the class as soon as she got back to the university.
    1 minute ago
  • Diana:
    The group certainly tried to find the rest of the team, but they all seemed to be gone just like the town. Not a single person aside from the four left the old town of Arseidis. ...THE END. FOR NOW.
 
  • Thank
Reactions: Diana

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
THANKS FOR PLAYING BABBINS!

I will def do this setting again, but next time it's probably going to be in a different location, like the college itself. 8D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.