1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
whirlywolfchristmas.jpg

A WHIRLY WOLF CHRISTMAS
JANUARY 7TH FRIDAY @ 2PM NOON TO 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

Merry Christmas from the Whirly Family in Montana!

The Whirlys are a family of werewolves living their best life in a small town out in Montana. They may not all be related by blood, but this pack deeply cares about their wolfish family and friends. Their yearly Christmas celebration is quite the sight to behold -- and you're invited! Just make sure to bring old Grandma Whirly a present or you'll be sure to suffer her wrath. And maybe don't partake of too much Holiday Punch unless you want to be feelin' real sick over the weekend. Maybe leave your "never knew werewolfs were real" friend at home, or they're going to be seein' a whole lot of fluff and naked butts wildin' around.

Hope to see you there!

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are going to the Whirly family Christmas party! You can be a blood relative, married in, a close family friend, or even someone that ended up to this party by accident. Werewolves encouraged, but anything else welcome!

WHERE: Join us in the WHIRLYWOLF chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a SOCIAL SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be fun silly moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
This looks dope

1636757459579.jpegName: Darya Levrenteeva Orlova

Eye Color: Gray (Wolf: Grey)

Height: 5' 4" (Werewolf: 8' 8")

Weight: 120 lbs. (Werewolf: 405 lbs)

Ethnicity: Caucasian (Russian)

Description: Darya is slender with toned musculature. She has wavy shoulder-length black hair, pale skin, and blue-gray eyes. She prefers Goth clothes and makeup.

Background: Darya's father Lavrentia Orlov was a rising star in the Communist Party in the Soviet Union, quickly rising to prominence in Gosplan, the Soviet economic planning ministry. When the Soviets collapsed, he readily switched to capitalism, becoming one of the leading "oligarchs" in the new post-Soviet financial industry. His "work" consisted of arranging for buyouts of formerly state-run industries and resources (mines, lumber, oil, etc.) for a fraction of their worth, and moving billions of rubles overseas for himself and other oligarchs. When Vladimir Putin came to power and started cracking down on the "oligarchs," he moved to Brussels and became even more prominent as an international financier.

Like her new "stepmother" who is only a few years older than she is, Darya was supposed to be a pretty ornament on her father's arm, the Perfect Daughter. To this end, he has provided her with a finishing-school education, dance classes and training in savoire faire. She's been trained in martial arts and combat marksmanship (pistol), so she could fend for herself if Russian mafia or some other enemies of his should get past his bodyguards and security systems. But Darya has always hated her father for the way he exploits people. An angry, rebellious girl, she eschewed the expensive Italian high-fashion clothes he bought for her, preferring aggressive punk and Goth clothes and jewelry. She was always getting into trouble, hanging with the wrong crowds...until things got even worse.

She went on a date with a rebel biker boy she was sure her father would hate (the primary source of his appeal), but when she nervously started to allow a makeout session, he bit her and seemed inclined to force himself on her. with a sudden burst of kung fu elbow strikes, punches, and kicks, she was able to break free and get to her street-racing bike, but she swore she could hear him howling after her...like a wolf.

Darya began having nightmares of running through forests on four feet, howling at the moon, the hunt, the feel of hot blood splashing down her throat. She grew more violent with time, and started developing odd quirks, like preferring to eat meat raw. One day, while her father had her on an extended business trip to Germany, she was found naked in a field next to a viciously-mauled cow. Her mouth was dripping with blood, and more was splattered over her body. She herself was not blamed for the cow's death, since it had clearly been killed by the slashing fangs of wolves, but the police decided she must have somehow found the kill after the wolves left.

Lavrentia decided that his clearly insane daughter was too much of a liability, so he committed her to a sanitarium in Romania, the kind of place where she could be put away forever and forgotten. Drugs, electroshock "therapy," and other more primitive and barbaric "treatments" failed to cure Darya of her "condition."

To the contrary, when the Moon waxed full, Dr. Tepescu and his orderlies found out the hard way that her "delusion" was a horrifying reality. One of the members of the Whirly pack, who closely followed anomalous reports of the werewolf variety in order to find and rescue newly-turned werewolves before their inexperience and lack of self-control could result in disaster came to her rescue, but not in time to save Dr. Tepescu and his orderlies from the consequences of picking the worst possible time to administer a cruel new "treatment" to Darya.

Despite her suspicions and inability to trust, Darya heeded the "how to be a werewolf in civilized company" lessons she received on her way to Montana in the USA, where she is about to make her debut in werewolf society at the Whirly Family Christmas Party...

THIS CHARP HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR THIS FRIDAY AT A LATER TIME SLOT! 8D I HOPE TO WHIRLY SOME WOLVES WITH YOU!

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO A WHIRLYWOLF CHRISTMAS!

Today at 12:02 PM

• Diana:
    TYPE FAST, TYPE BRIEF! This is a real time roleplay, so you don't want to be too slow or too wordy. Try to keep posts to 10 sentences or less so nobody misses out on action or details!

Today at 12:03 PM

• Diana:
    HOT TIP: Write your character name in every post. That way we know what character you're playing - especially if you're playing multiples! You can also use bbcode color to help your posts stand out.

Today at 12:04 PM

• Diana:
    Game Master and Narration posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding you to what to do next in the story.

• Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY! If you get confused or have any questions I'm in the main chat room to help!

• Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)

Today at 12:05 PM

• Diana:
    It is a beautiful Christmas Day on the Whirly family ranch. Snow blankets everything, the lights are lit, and so are some of the fam. Hope you didn't show up late or forget Granny's present!

Today at 12:53 PM

• Diana:
    Auntie Faye, who was not the matriarch of the family but certainly acted like she was with the way she had to meddle in every damn body's business was a flurry of activity in the kitchen making sure lots and lots of eats were getting sent out to the buffet table. A widower in a pack of wolves knew you needed to keep them fur babes well fed.

Today at 1:11 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    What do you buy for a werewolf you've never met? That was the question Darya had to wrestle with, when it came to planning her visit to the Whirly family ranch. The fact that she had basically no money didn't make it any easier. She'd ended up with a small gift basket of scented soaps and aromatherapy candles arranged with a few cuttings of wildflowers for a personal touch. Keeping a wary eye on her surroundings, she slipped into the house and placed it with the other gifts for Grandma Whirly. Then she found herself an open spot of wall to lean against with a clear path to the exit and one of the windows, from whence she could observe the proceedings. What the hell even is a werewolf Christmas family reunion, anyway?! Horror, or Holiday fun? Darya girded herself to be ready for anything.

Today at 1:15 PM

• Diana:
    It seemed a werewolf family Christmas involved no one giving TWO SHITS about who sees what, for a couple of the young teens were in their WOLFY forms running back and forth in the backyard, barking up a storm while one of their parents yelled at the lot of them for making a racket. In the living room old Uncle Buck was playing guitar (quite well), as his wife sang along (not well at all) and everyone with extra sensitive noses were trying to figure out WHERE that awful stench of rotting eggs was coming from, cause no one was owning up to it.

Today at 1:19 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Darya crinkled her nose at the scent (thanks werewolf superpowers for including superhuman sensitivity to smell), but she made no comment. She wore a chiton--a red flowing dress in the style of ancient Greece. Not only was it cheap (she'd literally just bought a bolt of fabric and a bit of rope for a belt), it was something she could transform in without wrecking. It looked a bit incongruous with the black leather jacket (circle-A on the back, and shiny spikes for decoration) and biker boots, both items from her prior life.

Today at 1:29 PM

• Diana:
    "Ah, there we are! A perfect little helper!" Exclaimed Auntie Faye. There were people bumbling all over the place, but she liked to take extra care in kidnapping volunteers that were either bored looking teens or just plain new. Darya seemed to be both. Before any word could be said, Auntie Faye shoved a tray full of undecorated cookies into the girl's hands. "I need assistance in decorating these little things before one of those hungry animals get their hands on them. You can't eat an undressed gingerman I always say. Give him some pants first!"

Today at 1:32 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    'Perfect little helper?'Darya thought, fighting back a twinge of irritability. She thinks I am six? she thought. Still, it beat the hell out of being paraded around swanky social functions by her father, with her stepmother Vailana on his other arm, who was only a few years older than she was. "Pants for gingerbread men?" she said in a strong Russian accent. "Shirts also?"

Today at 1:40 PM

• Diana:
    "Well of course they need shirts! If we can't lick the shirts and pants off gingermen, then what is even the point!" insisted Auntie faye. There was a loud round of laughter from someone nearby, as apparently the statement was hilariously ill-phrased, but Auntie Faye didn't seem to notice. She ushered Darya right into the kitchen where she had a nice work station all cleared up for frosting and decorations. "The cookies are such an important tradition for the Whirly family, but honestly I can't even remember why. But if we dont have them, there is always a huge fuss!"

Today at 1:48 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Shirts are always optional for Auntie Faye." Came a cheerful male voice and then one of the naked gingerbread men was swiped off the tray. Beckham 'Beck' or 'Bee' Whirly was one of the clan, he was a gingery lad with slim shoulders and a quiet smile and soft grey eyes and a green plaid shirt with some patched blue jeans. "You must be one of the new babies, don't like Auntie boss you around too much." Beck dunked the gingerman in some frosting and then shoved the entire thing in his mouth.

Today at 1:49 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    So much for 'cannot eat undressed gingerman,'Darya thought. The guy was pleasant-looking enough, and seemingly non-threatening. "I do not mind so much," she replied. "I am Darya," she said as she set up for her task.

Today at 1:57 PM

• Diana:
    "She's RUSSIAN! Can you even imagine! We don't get many foreigners all the way out here in Montana, but you know, my Whirlys are always running off to everywhere in the globe so I don't even know why I am surprised." Auntie Faye was giving Beck a disapproving look but that could've been anything from eating naked gingermen to Beck being one of the occasional runaways. She continued on with her chatter. "I suppose that's fine though, because you can't meet your future mate just hanging around here in town, Lord Knows that'd just land us with a bunch of inbred wolves just like that pack of psychopaths down in Mississippi."

Today at 2:00 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "'Future...mate?'" Darya said. "Since when is Christmas fertility dance?!" Why did no one mention...am I...am I to be mail order bride now?! Time to start recalculating those escape-route plans.

Today at 2:07 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Beck couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled up at both of the ladies. "It's not! Don't worry, Darya. Auntie Faye just means that she's glad we don't uhm, you know. Date our family." That was a horrible statement and to deal with it, he stole another gingerbread man and chomped his head off!

Today at 2:10 PM

• Diana:
    "Fertility dance! Oh good Lord heaven above, No! This day is for Baby Jesus. But Baby Jesus also wants all of his flock to find love, preferably love that is not their cousin- Beckham you stop making that face right this instant! This is serious." huffed Auntie Faye.

Today at 2:13 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Ah." Darya said, realizing that she'd misunderstood the woman's words. Her English wasn't exactly the best. Only then did it hit her that the answer to her question was probably 'Since forever!' What with the whole mistletoe thing, and 'the long nights of winter grow shorter, the Sun is reborn!' and so forth, chances were good there were fertility dances involved. Then the guy...who...was actually kinda cute...abducted another gingerbread man. "I had best get to painting gingerman clothes, before they all die naked."

Today at 2:21 PM

• Diana:
    "Yes, that's right. We need them fully dressed before anyone else gets their mouths on naked gingermen." At this point Auntie Faye finally seemed to realize just how filthy that actually sounded, but proceeded to ignore her own red face as she too began working on decorating cookies. "We'll need to make quite a few of them festive for New Year's Eve as well. If they manage to make it. I was rather curious if you had a date or not by now dear Beckham, or if this is going to be another Kiss of the Horse's Ass for good luck sort of year again."

Today at 2:26 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    "Baby Jesus." Beck mouthed at Darya and raised his eyebrows but he couldn't hide the grin trying to break out on his face. "Of course Auntie. No cousin love here!" He put a hand over his heart like he was trying to be serious. He was bad at it. "Y'know, there are worse things than dying naked when you're a ginger." He stole yet another gingerbread because he could. "Oh no, Auntie, please don't! No dating for me! Not until I'm out of college!" Maybe then he could finally come out of the closet!

Today at 2:27 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Darya gave a slow nod. No clever response presented itself. Instead: "So...werewolf can only marry other werewolf?"

Today at 2:30 PM

• Diana:
    "Oh no, we're in mixed company here with the Whirly clan. None of that purebred wolf nonsense. Who has time for that nonsense?" explained Auntie Faye as she slathered some pants on a cookie. "Some come to us hoping to be wolves, some prefer being human. Some aren't quite human at all, but we try not to talk too much about Stavros and his stupid terrible decisions! Heaven forbid he start calling me a vampire racist again just because I don't want him bringing dates as snacks!"

Today at 2:35 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Muffled laughter from Beck because it was so hard to take Auntie Faye seriously. Instead, he stole the newly pant wearing gingerbread man and ate him. "Marry whatever, have babies. Do not bring snacks as your date." He waggled a finger. "It's safer not to bring a date. The kids might slobber on them and how are you going to explain that?"

Today at 2:41 PM

• Diana:
    "If a date can't handle slobber, then they aren't the baby-having type! babies are just chock full of slobber." Poor Auntie Faye looked a bit shell-shocked by it. "My babies were all the slobberiest children, wolf and not. They were always licking things and stuffing things in their mouths. I swear not a single one of them grew out of it either! One of them even does youtube videos, what are they called? Muck Bangers? Just shoving things in their mouths for the world to see and getting paid for. No one seems to have normal jobs these days."

Today at 2:46 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Somewhere nearby, Rod Serling is talking about me, Darya thought. "Uh...yes, dates should not be snacks. Unless from palm trees." Did I just say that?! Then the woman spoke,and the conversation got even more surreal. "And try not to slobber."

Today at 2:49 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Beck opened and shut his mouth a few times. "I uh..." He gestured. "You said it, Auntie Faye. Absolutely. Everything you just said. Yep."

Today at 2:50 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Da. Yes. Absolutely," Darya said, nodding along with Beck.

Today at 2:56 PM

• Diana:
    Agreeing with her may not have been the right move as now Auntie Faye was absolutely encouraged to continue giving her valuable advice. "Exactly! Your date should never be a snack or slobbered on -- though I suppose that is bound to happen in some situations." she lowered her voice, which painfully wasn't low enough. "You know, in the bedroom. You do want to have a healthy sex life and it's important to give proper attention to nether regions. I hear they don't give proper sexual education in school these days, but you should be careful about looking it up on the internet too."

Today at 2:58 PM

• CarnelianUndead:
    Now Beck went beet-red and his hands went up in a horrified manner as if to shield himself from all this unwanted knowledge! "Auntie, please! Darya is new. You're going to concern her." Cause she was already concerning him. He needed a distraction... He picked up a bowl of frosting and then a few gingerbread men and stuck them in it like they were sinking in green quicksand. "Thanks for the cookies!" He ran.

Today at 3:05 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Darya went even more pale than she already was. The guy committed another gingerman massacre, then noped out. Darya didn't have quite such an easy exit. "Do not worry...there are books," she stammered. "So...you talk of Baby Jesus. Are you Orthodox, Catholic or Protestant?" Not that Darya was eager to be the recipient of a rant on the superiority of the lady's religion, but it beat the pants off (oops) this 'sexual education' thing!

55 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "BECKHAM YOU WICKED THING!" shouted Auntie Faye, but with Darya's question she couldn't well go give chase. She stood there with her hands on her hips and just huffed. "Oh, I s'pose I'm just a generic modern day Christian. I don't care for all that segregation and the church, but I do believe in God and his plan for us, and that's good enough for me. Though I did wish the Almighty He would do something about all these wolves just wildin' and disrespecting my kitchen on his precious baby's day! We're never going to get around to giving Grandma Whirly her presents!"

51 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Mmm. Yes. I should finish cookies," Darya said, plunging into the task.

49 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Yes, yes... of course now without green," complained Auntie Faye. Now that she'd been derailed, she'd forgotten entirely what the point of her ramblings were, so it was right back to talking about the family. "That boy is a hot mess, but just as kind and sweet cinnamonroll as any other Whirly you'll meet. You know, not everyone in the clan is a bloodborn Whirly, and that's quite fine with me. I do love a big happy family! I'm not sure who invited you along, but we're always so happy to take in youngin's."

44 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "They can have blue pants," Darya said, choosing her substitute color. "Most people wear blue pants. So...have you always been werewolf, or were you turned?"

38 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Myself? Oh I am a born and bred wolf!" Auntie Faye explained proudly. "Generations of being a wolf. I tell you, it made growing up quite a bit of chaos, especially since you can't exactly go telling all your elementary school friends that you can be a wolf whenever you want. But I imagine it's not nearly as traumatizing and those poor babies that end up being turned as adults! Without even being asked first! i can't imagine just waking up one day having your mouth full of raccoon and not knowing how it got there!"

32 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Cow." Darya said, then belatedly remembered that 'cow' was also an insult to a woman in English. "Instead of raccoon."

28 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Oh sweet darling, was your first a cow? That's a pretty big one! You must have some very powerful jowls! My first chomp was a squirrel, but I was such a tiny thing and not enough sense to know not to run myself up into a tree. I ended up stuck up there like a blasted cat and didn't know how to get down until I shifted back and had to run my naked hide all the way home."

25 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Darya gave a little laugh, trying to wrap her mind around the idea of a happy childhood as a werewolf. "There," she said, "Done." She handed the tray of finished cookies to Faye. One thing it did do was bring some cheer to banish her anxieties about being a werewolf. So it wasn't all gothic horror and dodging silver bullets. Taking in the kindly, if odd, woman with her eyes, Darya decided there were far worse fates than joining the Whirly Clan. "So...let us see if Grandma Whirly likes her presents?"

12 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Goodness, I hope so. Last Year Uncle Buck gave her a mustache trimmer and she tossed him out the front window..."

4 minutes ago

• Diana:
    And thus the family gathered around giving Grandma Whirly her Christmas gifts as was tradition, eating half dressed gingermen cookies and laughing all the time! No one did figure out where there rotten egg smell came from, but that was a mystery for another day.... THE END. FOR NOW.

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana