Charp! A New Life Before you! July 19th 1PM EST to 4PM EST!

LuckycoolHawk9

You Are Far Too Nice, Mercy Has a Price
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Maybe going to Marjorie's was a mistake.

Sure, she mostly gave you what you wanted.

But now you're in a strangely unfamiliar city.

And ignoring that- you have felt like she gave you more than what you asked for.

But surely... a new life can't be all bad?

Right? Right?

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:
You are someone who went under a magical procedure and gained a new perfect life.... But something feels wrong. It's up to you and the other people who feel this wrongness to find out what is really going on

When: July 19th 1PM EST/12PM CST. It ends at 4PM EST/ 3PM CST

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. This won't be an easy save.

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.​

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.20.09 PM.png

Name: "Marjorie"
Initial appearance:
1624282838556.png

In the Blink of an eye.......
1624283481021.png

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    This is the GM Color
    Today at 12:59 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    All was quiet in the city that you had entered for now. It seemed that you were in a particular run down neighborhood, but it was hard to tell why or how the mirror room led to here.
    Today at 1:00 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec hobbled his way along and stumbled every few steps. Human feet didn't like walking on their toes and the ground was very so far away. He held onto a post, "Where we at now? Some tallblood city somewhere. Everything looks crisp but so much darker!"
    Today at 1:06 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would look over at him. " As I said for about the third time, you can't walk on the ground at the moment because I am still carrying you o my back. As for the where are we now, I'm still trying to figure that part out. It's definitely a city, but it's not a place that I had been before," he replied, looking around to see if there was anything else to help determine what sort of city it was.
    Today at 1:13 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    Charlie stood looking at their new location for a while, hesitant, confused. It wasn't anywhere that he had been before, and judging by the lack of any ability he had gotten used to, this wasn't Etherea, the world of dreams either, which was bad; It meant that they had no way to defend themselves beyond their normal capabilities. "Well, what now?", asked the de-powered Knight of Fantasy, struggling to step in that role, as he stared down the odd knife that had brought them here. Maybe it would be useful to keep that one for a while longer.
    Today at 1:29 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec looked down with a grimace of vertigo, "Not used to being so high up!" He loosed a warbling patterned whistle trying to call the jellies then looked around from his vantage point, "Find a people that ain't us and ask 'em where we at? Wonder if my jellies are here somewheres."
    Today at 1:32 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would look over at him. " I could lower you down a little if you want to wrap your knees around my waist so that you are not eleven or so feet in the air," he replied, taking a deep breath and starting to wonder the exact same thing. " Well, I guess a good place to start might be to find a door that leads into one of those skyscrapers.
    Today at 1:34 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    There was a nearby door about twenty to thirty feet away.
    Today at 1:34 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    "Right.", Charlie replied with a sheepish tone, it was just so weird to look like this and not be in Etherea! ...Had he got too used to that realit- Actually, yes. Yes he had, every day had been spent in anticipation to every night, no wonder he felt... so lost without them. That wasn't healthy, was it? "Oh, in that case, that's easy!", he tried putting on a more confident display, pointing the knife as he would his dream-self's cane, "There's one right there, my lovelies~!" Aaaah- that slipped out, someone please shoot him now- Just move away and no one will ask, gogogo!
    Today at 1:42 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec clicked his tongue, "Well. If we gonna need to run anywhere I better get used to your gangly tallblood legs. Put me down and I'll hold onto your shoulder."
    Today at 1:43 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would lower himself down so that Clec could climb off of his back and touch the ground. " You know, you are actually only a modern height for a tall blood. I want to say five foot something, though exact measurements are hard. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's open the door."
    Today at 1:46 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    As Dylan said this, the door swung up open as if beckoning them to enter it. There was noise inside so there might be people as well
    Today at 1:47 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    Charlie didn't like this, Charlie definitely didn't like this. Holding the knife firmly, well, as firmly as he could manage to do while still trembling, the young man stepped forward, leading their group further inside. Memories of stepping on Nightmare's domains and being set up for an ambush kept telling him that this was the same; That they shouldn't be going inside so promptly and yet... Well, what else were they supposed to do? This was their only clue! "I hope we're not interrupting anything too important...", 'please don't attack us- Please don't attack us-'
    Today at 1:53 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Down on the ground clec kept rising on the balls of his feet by instinct then had to remind himself to walk flat-footed. His overly precise wobble was slow but he managed a decent walking pace and headed for the door by way of a wall, He called out while trying to keep up,"We have a tail for balance this butt ain't got one! Ain't nothin lovely here, not even shiny scales! You're all pink and lumpy!"
    Today at 1:53 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan looked over at him and was about to point out that balancing on him was going to be easier, but the ex-kobold had already gone to hugging the wall. He was about to answer him when they entered the room. There was a darker skin man, more of a brown than white looking over at them with a curious look. " You guys must be the new people that Marjorie's magic service fucked over. Come in, come in."
    Today at 1:57 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    "A draconic trash pile for failed shaping?" Clec said with a smile from one side of his mouth at arm's length from the door, "Our new home then! Ha!"
    Today at 2:02 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    "...Oh." Well, it wasn't an attack in the physical sense, but to suddenly understand things were happening for a while now- That might as well be another kind of attack... Like, one for the soul. Still wary, Charlie stepped even further in, knife still at the ready, eyeing the tanned man with a nervousness that he was failing to hide. He was so biiig! Wait- weren't they about a closer size now?? "S-so- So, you've asked for something as well...?"
    Today at 2:03 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    The man looked over at them and mused for a second. " Yup, asked for a thicker beard. Got what I wanted but it's been here unless she called us. Apparently those contracts were life-binding as in we gave her our lives for the change."\
    Today at 2:06 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan stared for a moment. " Oh, that sounds terrible."
    Today at 2:06 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec sighed in resignation and walked a bit away from the safety of the door, "bolds remember a traitor tallblood. Won't find me maybe but bolds will go sniffing around Marjorie's place. New big boss, same as the old big boss. What's she call you for?"
    Today at 2:09 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    "It depends on what she wants. From some of us it's murder, for others, a lover. For some others, it's just to open a pickle jar. She rules this place and the only way to get out is to find her true name. It's hidden somewhere in the city."
    Today at 2:11 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    He knew it. He knew there was something sketchy about the lack of payment- That wasn't lacking at all!! ...And then it sunk in, after the bout of anger that this meant Charlie was never going back to school. He was never graduating, never seeing his friends or family again. The ones that accepted who he was, the ones who didn't. Suddenly dizzy, the impotent Knight leaned against the wall to avoid a fall, shaking. Even the hope that maybe the conflict of contracts could do something- It couldn't, only his sleeping moments were spent in Etherea; There was no conflict. 'I'm such an idiot...' "We- We have to do something! R-right? This can't just- just stay like this!", Right?
    Today at 2:17 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    "Kobolds already pay life taxes to a big boss. She some demon or somethin? No they'd know contracts better." A thought occured to him with a squinted frown, "If she 'spects a kobold to love lumpy tallbloods her brain's smooth too!"
    Today at 2:18 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    The man stared off into the distance and turned back to Clec. " I will raise you a better question. Even if the kobolds had a way to get you out of the contract- wouldn't she just summon you as a human? The others wouldn't know it was you and just assumed she had killed you and leave. She's too smart for that
    Today at 2:21 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would look around.
    Today at 2:21 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Yeah, we have to do something to undo this. He said if we find her name, we can be free right?"
    Today at 2:22 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec looked up, thinking, "Hmm.. big boss would know if the contract still good. Depends. They real posessive of their things though. tallblood bind is real shiny when they not allowed to make tallblood slaves."
    Today at 2:30 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec shrugs and cants his head, "Either way, I want back to old big boss. New one is a cracked egg."
    Today at 2:30 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would take a moment and look at the man and then pause. " Why haven't you tried to escape?"
    Today at 2:34 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Oh, I have. Here's the other problem, the more she calls you, the less you want to leave her until one day, she just gives you something permanent. She's got politicians, cops, other supernaturals, and others under her spell. Most don't even remember who they were before."
    Today at 2:35 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    All of this was very conflicting to Charlie, whose issue barely made either life nearly unbearable. He had been silent for a while, pondering what either option had to offer him, not that there was much choice; One of them was arguably worse, even if equally painful. "Then I suppose that means we have to move now, as soon as possible...", the Knight of Fantasy announced, already making a turn back towards the exit. The less he thought about it, the better.
    Today at 2:40 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec looked back at Charlie, "Where you goin? If she got a name here somewhere then it ain't a real place. Not really. Fancy prison."
    Today at 2:43 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    As the one kobold in his small warren to have some sense tried to think of what he had to do, "Okay, so Marigold has a real name somewhere. You seen heard things? Maybe call out for help?"
    Today at 2:46 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan considered what to do next and then was stopped as flash of light happened. The man spoke in her voice. " Oh you silly mostly mortals, You made the deal, you signed the contract.. Escape is not possible... besides my name isn't even here- SHe's lying- there's a place blocked- He's a little chatty boy, now, now, sleepy time. Hmmm.... I should probably rename the Kobold. "
    Today at 2:46 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Also- it's MARJORIE!"
    Today at 2:48 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    "He said somewhere in the city, not this building-", 'Besides, the power of the mind can make it re-', and then they were caught in a bright light, the culprit was showing herself. Charlie was pissed and not about to give her any leisure, "Too bad, I think I liked Marigold more... And I'm pretty sure we're already settled on trying anyway, right guys?"
    Today at 2:52 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    "Nothing you can do to change our mind there." This woman made more damage than a Nightmare!
    Today at 2:53 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec blinked though raised an eyebrow that the flash of light hurt a lot less without the reflective eyes. Kobolds had an impish reputation well-earned as the other man erupted in their warden's voice and he retorted, "Always known I'd end up with substitute Margerine clogging my veins someday running a cafe! Doesn't mean I still don't cook for real boss instead of fake boss."
    Today at 2:54 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Marjorie would have taken over the man's body and got a pen as she did and would jot it down. " Make Yet to be named ex kobold own a cafe and run it for tons of profit. Maybe I'll name him something iike Carmen Coffee, Oh, actually I like that. His comment had distracted her enough for the trio to escape the buildiing.
    Today at 2:56 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would take a moment to pause and think. " I was just thinking how there wasn't a real reason to turn Clec into a human, but then it dawned on me. These skyscrapers are weirdly placed. I think her name might be in plain sight.
    Today at 2:57 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    Charlie took not a moment longer to discreetly start backing down, gesturing for the others to do the same. Soon enough, they were all outside. "Weirdly placed, huh? As in either one of them it's the answer or maybe they spell her name from high up?", he took a glance at the street as he commented that, trying to see if anything else popped up to them as out of the usual, maybe it was an odd color or shape?
    Today at 3:01 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec knew a time to run when he heard one. While a boss was planning; even a fake one. Clec hobbled over to Charlie and started half pushing and half holding himself up. He let go once out of the building spoke in hushed tones, "Well she got a weird obsession with you tallbloods. If there's anything kobold sized it don't fit. We ought to get out of sight!"
    Today at 3:03 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Overhead in the sky, a falcon flew from building to building, perching itself from roof to roof. "Well, that certainly isn't going to help us figure anything out. But I agree wit Clec, we need to hide and find a way to get an aerial view of the buillding." Not too far away was an o- shaped dark hole.
    Today at 3:08 PM
    [*]Loveless:
    "Maybe we can crawl inside that... thing?", Charlie asked, both pointing out and approaching the weirdly convenient hole. Hopefully this is still not the ambush...
    Today at 3:11 PM
    [*]littlekreen:
    The stillness made moving winged shapes more obvious and Clec's instinct at watching dragons riled but didn't see anything nearby, "Well everywhere's a prison but darker is better!"
    Today at 3:18 PM
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would offer his hand as he would hop down into the hole. It seemed that it was just out of her view as well and very easy to get out of as well. " Hopefully, we can figure things out from in here."
    57 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    Was this the sewer? Were they doing the cliched movie thing of travelling through the sewers? Charlie once more cursed the lack of his dream-self abilities as creating light would have been very useful for them now. But oh well. What was there to see down here? Where did either end lead them, if it led them anywhere at all?
    53 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    A light shined in the area and on the walls were names scribbled. All of them started with Mo... well almost all of them.
    52 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    Convenient, again. Charlie approached to look at the names, but not without still raising that knife and carefully inspecting the floor and 'ceiling' before he got too close. It there was anything off other than the name that did not match, he'd have probably noticed it... Right?
    48 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec dropped down and nearly hit flat on his back if he hadn't Dylan's hand to guide him on the way down. Between the wall got up and rubbed his aching hind end, "Agh, horns. Remember why horns are good now. Scales. Names? Hidin in plain sight is it? What the other guy try to say, blocked?"
    46 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec looked around for wrong-colored bricks then remembered it probably didn't matter here, "Any in weird langauges? Reminds me of kobold back home with human fetish. even you tallbloods don't like tallbloods that much."
    45 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    The name that stood out was incredibly obvious was on a purple brick that had the name Mandy on it. It also mockingly added- " Not my full name, there is no escape." Dylan wold look over at Clec. " Well, I think you an Charlie got it."
    40 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    ...Blocked. Blocked. Well, there was nothing behind the mocking message but maybe- "Hey, do you think there's a way to either remove this brick or break down this wall?", Charlie still had that knife, maybe if he tried inserting it in the gaps and use it as a lever?
    37 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would pause for a beat. " We don't have to do that, it just hit me what her full name is. There was something up in the sky, but let me just check-" He punched the brick and it shattered. Behind the wall was the phrase "Look to the sky for her last name"
    34 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec looked at the phrase behind the brick and thought, "Small dragon? er, no there's none them here. What whas that lookin at me outside? wings and talons."
    32 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    "Someone really likes escape puzzles", Charlie muttered at no one in particular, remembering the fight against the Nightmare of Confusion and how similar it had been to this, Fantasy and Confusion had a couple of overlaps. "You mean the falcon? It's a type of bird, but Mandy Falcon would be a weird name.. Like something out of comic books." He commented, without thinking about the irony of saying such a thing while being basically that every time he went to sleep.
    29 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would take a moment to consider. " It was definitely.... yeah- what he said. It was a falcon. Mandy Falcon is indeed a weird name." At the mention of the true name, there was a click and clack and darkness before the trio would find themselves in front of the witch and back in her shop. However, the magic used on them had not been undone.
    27 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec shook his head thinking to the varied names of his customers then fell on his butt as the world shifted again, "Kobold's like traps but not when I gotta be a tallblood.... Oi!"
    26 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    Annnnd cue the confusion. "Wait- Really...?", Charlie looked around to see the shop again, and then 'Marigold', "You're joking- You're-", and then he had lost it in a fit of laughter over the name actually being 'Mandy Falcon', for some good minutes or so. No wonder she preferred using a fake name!
    24 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    Clec had a big boss to go explain himself to plus someone with a knife that could stand and shouted to Charlie, "Go! Stab! You got the pointy!"
    24 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mandy would look at him. " If you stab me, I can't tell you the way to become a kobold again."
    23 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan would pause and ask. " How do we know you're not lying to us right now to save yourself?"
    23 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    He stood up with a glare, "Dragons always say leave enemies under them not behind them!" A sharp whistle at the back where they'd gone he called at his jellies aiming to freeze a particular something.
    21 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    Ended the fit of laughs, Charlie cleared his throat and regained the dignified posse of a Knight, pointing the knife at 'Mandy', -it was still so funny of a name- "It's your loss, witch! We've beaten all your trials, now be a good sport and tell us exactly what we need to know."
    20 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mandy would make a shield when it came to the freezing. " Great, well, I have some good news for the little dragon and some bad news. Good news, there is totally a way to undo this curse I placed on you if you want to. The bad news, it's a relic called the Hex Breaker and well.... funny story and not funny in a haha- way, but funny in a ' Another wizard sent people on a quest to get it and it only works for one group... sort of way. And he's kind of with them. But hey, otherwise, easy as pie."
    18 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    Dylan stared for a moment. " I think she's telling the truth, but also..... I'm not entirely sure if we're equipped to do this alone. I'm just a guy whose strong, Clec can barely walk and well, I'm not sure what CHarlie can do."
    17 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    "...Are you suggesting we merge groups, in that case?", Charlie squinted at the witch, retracting the knife a little. Dylan was right, they have no abilities whatsoever, unless- No, they were in this mess because of the witch, they weren't going to ask her to help again, that'd be true idiocy! "Nothing in the waking world, I'm afraid..."
    14 minutes ago
    [*]littlekreen:
    A loud schlorp came as jellies slipped under doors on their way in. Boneless creatures they frosted their way through or just poured. They hovered near the door in a confused amble. Clec looked over at them then to the others, "Tsch, at least they still come. Fine if you think it's so and these are after the same thing we either buy off the wizard or disappear the competition. You tallbloods up for it?"
    6 minutes ago
    [*]Loveless:
    "Less violent approaches, but we might have no choice... For you, at least."
    3 minutes ago
    [*]LuckycoolHawk9:
    it seemed that the decision had been made. " I think I'm up for it. Though, this is probably going to be a long journey.... but I think we can do it. Maybe we should keep the witch here to-" Molly would hand Dylan an amulet. " I got a business to run, this is good for ehhh- roughly five spells of fire magic. Oh and one of trapping a wizard. Good luck." Before the trio could even say much, she shoved them out the door.The trio was now in a race to get a mystic relic before others did...... hopefully, they can beat them... stay tuned for part three And You Know In Good Time!