+[CHARGE]-

I

IAmEnzo

1zcnxaa.jpg

16kvtk1.jpg
In a universe unknown to us, there exists another earth, with the exact same people inhabiting it.
But their problems are different than ours. Their earth has been invaded by a mechanical species that seemingly came out of nowhere.
This war continued for dozens of years, and the humans have done nothing but drop drastically in numbers in their war for survival. Their final hope was to create biological weapons called Grays and give them the ability to keep up with the enemy and destroy them.

Who would have known, that YOU, the person reading this, has a copy in that very world, that is a Gray?
There's no way that this is a coincidence, the two of you must be linked somehow.
The urge you felt to join gave your Gray the jolt it needed to open it's eyes and awaken into a broken world.
2lbgoxi.jpg
e0oobn.jpg
Class name:
The Shooter
Class Information:
The shooter prefers to operate at a distance, and use his/her guns to do the work for them, but that doesn't mean that they're afraid of a close fight. In a tight pinch, a shooter CAN use melee weapons, such as a sword, or dagger. Other shooters put bayonets on their guns, so that their weapons are multi-functional.
Each Shooter has a vehicle designed for only that one Shooter to use, meaning that they will automatically know how to ride and push their vehicle to the limit without fault, but that does not mean that their ride is indestructible.
Class Skills:
Gun skill 2/4
Melee skill 1/4
Mobility skill 3/4
Summoning Skill 0/4
nzhwxy.jpg
Class name:
The Reaper
Class Information:
The Reaper specializes in necromancy-like abilities. They often raise minions to do their dirty work for them, but like the Shooter, the Reaper won't think twice about getting in close and personal with their scythes. Reapers have to be one of the most mentally scarring of the Grays, and probably the least loyal of all the other classes. The Reaper prefers to do things their way, and if you've got an objection, be ready to fight for your life.
Class Skills:
Gun Skill 0/4
Melee Skill 2/4
Mobility Skill 1/4
Summoning Skill 3/4
2u41z76.jpg
Class name:
The Warrior
Class Information:
One thing you should know about the Warrior, is that they go hand and hand with the Brawler.
The Warrior is similar to that of a mercenary, in that they'll perform a job for the highest bidder.
When you ask for their help, a common response would be "What's in it for me?" Though not all Warriors are born the same. Some could be the nice, quiet type, but even those are rare.
Warriors like using big weapons, such as great-swords, and axes. They also have a general knowledge of weapons, but it would take years for a Warrior to match a Shooter in ranged combat.
Class Skills:
Gun Skill 1/4
Melee Skill 3/4
Mobility Skill 2/4
Summoning Skill 1/4
334nad5.jpg
Class name:
The Brawler
Class Information:
For the love of god, whatever you do, DON'T piss off the Brawler. They're known for short tempers and a lot of property damage. Let a Brawler get close to you, and you'll be eating food through a tube. They're umatched in strength, but the only class known to be able to compete with a Brawler is the Warrior. Unlike the other classes, the Brawler has slow moving attacks, unless they use their barefists, instead of their chosen weaponry. They are unable to track fast moving targets, so if you're quick enough, you just may have a chance. Brawlers can take a lot of hits before going down, they're literal tanks, designed to arm-wrestle Godzilla.
Class Skills:
Gun Skill 0/4
Melee Skill 3/4
Mobility Skill 1/4
Summoning Skill 0/4
33xxagl.jpg
Over the course of the roleplay, we will be using Iwakuroleplay's standard Dice roll system for combat.
I will give you a crude tutorial on how to use it, and how it will affect combat. (I say crude because I've only just learned about the system myself)
Let's say your Gray is about to engage in combat with another Gray. Now, there's no REAL way of defining whether something hit or not in roleplay. Most people don't want their character to lose in any battle, and they'll come up with a bullshit reason for not getting hit or not missing a strike. Let's be honest, we've either been there, or seen it.
How do we deal with such a thing? With the dice system, of course! EVERY attack that your character performs, must have a dice roll to determine if that attack succeeded or failed. For sort, we'll call this [S/F] (Some chat roleplayers may know of this).
Let's start this battle with Gray 1 and Gray 2. Gray 1 is a Shooter, while Gray 2 is a Brawler. Now right off the bat, we know that the Brawler is a very strong clone, and if he/she were to get close, they could do serious damage. Let's say that Gray 1 posted first.
'Gray 1 stood atop the leaning building with his large, sniper-like cannon in hand. He was a fair distance away from Gray 2, so it was highly unlikely that Gray 2 would have spotted him.'
Pause. Sometimes, you'll have these moments were an RPer would imply that their character was being sneaky. In this case, it's true, because for one, Gray 1 isn't moving, he's stationary, so he wouldn't be making any noise. Another reason is because of distance. Just because they're super clones, doesn't give them super hearing. (Unless you specify that in your CS) Like the poster said, it was 'highly unlikely', now let's continue the post.
'Gray 1 stood atop the leaning building with his large, sniper-like cannon in hand. He was a fair distance away from Gray 2, so it was highly unlikely that Gray 2 would have spotted him. He slowly lowered himself into a prone position, his cannon rifle sticking out over the edge as he aimed down at Gray 2.
Gray 1 slowed his breathing, and pulled the trigger, a whizzing charging sound emitted from the gun, along with a bright light, before a large sphere of plasma shot out of the unsuspecting Gray.'
Here is where the dice system comes into play. You're controlling Gray 1, and Gray 1 has a gun skill of 3/4. That means, you roll the dice with 100 faces, and if the dice lands on 75 or lower, the shot will hit. But, if for some bizarre reason Gray 2, which is a Brawler, has a mobility of 1/4, you must subtract 25 from that 75. Now, if you roll a 50 or lower, you hit. Whether or not Gray 2 sees the shot coming (which he should), is up to the other RPer.
For close combat is the same. If your Melee skill is 4/4, and your opponent's Mobility skill is 3/4, subtract and make it 1/4. Roll the dice, and if you get a 25 or less, you hit. If you're got the idea, we can move on.
So, you understand how the dice system works, great, but how do you use it?
After you post, there will be a 'more options' button right under where you would rate a post. Click that, and select 'Roll the Dice' Or something like that.
2nu6moi.jpg
Intrigued? Want to help guide your Gray? Well, there are some guidelines you have to follow by.
I heard that if you break one of these rules, the connection between you and your Gray will be severed.
In other words, you're out.
1. Fight fairly! Not every single one of your battles will be won, even if you ARE a military clone.
2. The GM's word is law. If there's something in the roleplay you think is stupid, leave.
3. When the GM is controlling an NPC, auto-hitting is allowed for them, for the sake of plot. Don't be upset.
4. If you do not post within 3 days, Your Gray will die automatically. A way around this is letting the GM know of your absence beforehand.
5. You MUST use the dice system during combat. There is NO auto-hitting/dodging on another character.
6. Respect Iwaku's rules during your time here.
2ymgft0.jpg
These are some things that are required from you, but not as serious as the Rules section.
- Be respectful
- While this isn't REALLY necessary, it would be a great help to add my Skype 'iamv3to'. The RP's MAIN OOC will be there.
- Be attentive to this thread, for it will serve as the OOC as well for those who cannot join us on Skype.
- Try and get out a post at least once every two days. Do NOT stop posting while in conversation with another character.
- If you're going to start fighting another character, finish it. Don't attack a character and go on a vacation in the next 30 minutes.
2lw5abo.jpg
An actual form is not necessary to put here, I'm sure you know how to make one.
Just remember to include these things:
Name
Character/Gray picture [While you cannot use canon characters from BRS, you CAN use their genderbent counterparts, meaning you can use a male Dead master, etc..]
Weapons
Vehicle appearance
Personality
History before your copy was turned into a weapon and erased of their memories.

With that said, welcome to the world of CHARGE, and.. do try not to get your copy killed, please.
1zcnxaa.jpg

Intriguing. I have one question. Who is the enemy mankind is fighting?

At the beginning of the roleplay, all the humans know is that it's a mechanical alien race. Expect things like 20-foot mechs, drones, etc.
But later on in the plot, new enemies will show up.

Interesting. I just thought is would be one big brawl. But this sounds better.

Looking at the classes deciding on which one to choose. Mainly the skills, why have the Brawler when you can have the warrior

Character reasons. If you want a character with brute strength, the Brawler is what will fit it. Of course, skill-wise it won't make much sense. It's all about character preference.

Having the Brawler and the Warrior can sound abyssmal on paper but it's a matter of perspective. Strength and Goldsaw did exist in the anime and there would be no nonsensical reason to add Strength as a "Brawler" class. Yes, Skill-wise they share similarities but I'm sure Enzo was aiming to include of the archetypes from the series into this Roleplay as it is reflecting off the series as a whole in a way. Along with it's off his own creation and would probably figure it would be a justifiable idea to add something else to the playing field. You never know if you're going to find someone who prefers smashing down their opponent with gigantic fists powered by crude strength over using a sword. At the same time there may not be much to differentiate between the two because they probably play almost in the same way. You're not obligated to choose one class over the other, the choice is there for you if you want something different. Slight more diversity in skill may be a necessity but I don't find it something that's needed to be debated over. Just chose the warrior if the brawler is not your cup of tea.

To be honest I was thinking The reaper or shooter just haven't had the time to sort out character yet and I didn't realise this was based on an anime and it sounds awesome. I'm guessing it's called Charge.

But perspective wise I see the point my Captain Scrubz fights with knuckle dusters.

Yes, it's based off of an anime called "Black Rock Shooter." And I wasn't meaning to say you were knocking it, I just wanted to explain why there's 2 similar classes.

Name Joe Bloggs/ A Reaper
Age 20

Character/Gray picture
imagesCAZ388ND.jpg
Weapons
4te.png
Vehicle appearance
imagesCAHNMGQI.jpg

Personality

Joe had many adopted parents because he always kept running away from them. He never knew his parents and he thought they didn't want him and abandoned him. He had trust issues so he preferred to be alone. At the age of 16 he had to stay in a hostel, it wasn't as good as the orphanage and it didn't take long that he wanted his own place so he started to make his life better. He started talking to people but he still did what he wanted to do and was enjoying it. He didn't care what anyone thought of him, some people liked him for it others hated him and got in many fights due to it. On his 18th Birthday he shown no sign on finding a job and standing on his two feet so the hostel told him he had one more year here before they kicked him out.

In that year he carried on with what he wanted, mainly his head was in a book. He was reading about everything and anything but he did like the tales of the undead. When he got kicked out, this was two years later instead of one. With all the reading he did in books and internet, he walked out of the hostel. His eyes spotted a motor trike and he hotwired it and drove off down the road. He had seen on the internet on how to hotwire and had been practicing over the last two years.

Reactions: IAmEnzo
Hope this is alright if I need to change anything please let me know

Name: Stranger/Warrior

Character/Gray Picture

Weapon
resident-evil-afterlife-3d-the-axeman-statue.jpg

Vehicle Appearance
r169_457x256_13559_Caldari_LAV_2d_sci_fi_vehicle_car_offroad_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Personality

Stranger doesn't talk much, if at all, when it comes to others. She has a sympathy, however, for her fellow Grays. She doesn't like fighting them, whether it's for money or not. While she may be a mercenary, she lives silently by her own set of understandings. She doesn't really understand anything that isn't survival or fighting. Money isn't all that important to her, but she understands that it is extremely useful for survival, so she fights for it.

She isn't a person to cross once you gain her trust. Despite how quiet her movements and presence are, she can swing her axe through the air like a child's baseball bat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Blue Dragon Overdrive / BDO / The Shooter

Character picture:

f22dts.jpg

Weapons:

BDO uses his signature gunblade as a primary weapon. It's main function works as a sword, but inside the blade itself is a long barrel. When the mode is switched, the blade extends out to a hidden revolver-like gun that fires pure energy.

Vehicle:

icare-enzyme-5.jpg

Personality: Blue Dragon Overdrive earned his codename after hundreds of operations completed against the unknown alien threat and cooperation with human allies. He's one of the best Grays in terms of communication, making sure that if anyone needed something to be done, BDO would do it. He has never worked along-side another Gray before. For the longest time, he thought he was the only one, so he's not an expert at dealing with those like him.

History: BDO was once known as your typical, military-loving teenager who would know nearly everything military. He was never a jock in school, nor was he a failure. He rode the middle-path in many occasions in his life. Dramatic events involving the divorce of his parents eventually led him to follow his friends into a biker club, and forget the 'Average Joe' life he had lived for so long.

On the first day of the alien's invasion, the boy was severally injured during a bike race, causing him to go into a coma for a few months. During those months, his divorced parents was given an choice to turn the boy into a Gray. It would be a 100% chance of him waking up from his coma, but it would also require that he would be brainwashed for military purposes. The decision was rough, but the two ultimately choose life over death, and agreed to enlist the teenager into the Gray program.

Name: Angelo Nero/ Shooter

Character Image:
1775242-gallery-1.png

1188239670.jpg

Weapons:
Halo4_BattleRifle.png

Knife.png

Vehicle:
Massive-Black-GI-Joe-Snake-Eyes-Motorcycle_1338577914.jpg

Personality: Angelo is a charismatic opposite to the usual soldier. Instead of speaking the common military slang, his speech is closer to that of party animal. Instead of calling out a target, he's announcing how he killed them and how many he's taken. Though however childish he is, it makes him a valuable asset to teamwork. His comedic side helps boost moral, and he has a smile that seems to solve anyone's problems when seen. He is the warrior's embodiment of a happy soul; loyalty playing a large role in his happiness.

History: Angelo is a tank-bred super soldier engineered using the finest bio-engineering. His physical endurance is impressive for a human being, his strength output is six times the average human being, he is likely to live twice as long as the average human being, and has an intense healing ability; a broken arm can reconstruct lost cells within a week.

The day Nero realized he was a creation was the day he was rescued by the supposed Donner of the human DNA used to construct his genetic code. A female field scientist named Shaina F. Monroe, breached and rescued her creation from what would be his fate to be a mind controlled slave. For eight years he was raised as a normal child aware of his abnormal origin and ability. On occasion she trained him with the most elite of military fighters-- Special Operations, Navy Seals, Marines, Air Force, and so on.

By the adolescent age of 15, his caretaker died in an explosion during the first contact war. From there he was raised by his many mentors, trained in the lethal art of warfare, and the ruthless skill it would bestow upon him.

A year later during a firefight, Nero was caught in an explosion that caused him severe trauma on landing impact. The side effect was severe memory loss. He had forgotten his military life, and remembered only his teenage living. His skills to fight are in tact as well as his handling of Shaina's bike. However, every night he is plagued by flashbacks of himself on the field, fighting enemy forces, and watching his adopted mother die.

Last edited by a moderator: